Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for comedo Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR. Oh, yes we do.
Speaker 2: We're playing Brainwave this hour, giving away prizes and getting you ready for the weekend.
Speaker 1: With weekend Hobnobbin speaking out. We'll also be discuss who's having the best weekend. We'll explain.
Speaker 2: It's Covino and Rich broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studiomember our best of the week. Make sure you get it tomorrow morning and join us live streaming live at Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube. You can watch a show anytime, and a brand new over promised debuted yesterday. We took a lot of lebron and backyard activities for your summertime fun time.
Speaker 1: Well, tomorrow's August. We're summertimes almost over.
Speaker 2: It's my birthday month starting tomorrow, so close out July strong. Thank you guys for hanging out with us on a Friday. We are Cavino and rich, we'd be rocking out.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: You say birthday month, my birthday month. I'll let you get away with that. Yeah, birthday month. What do you think, twenty year old girl? That's right, I am birthday my birthday month. You know, there's two types of people that let me make a big deal about their birthday and other people that are like, yeah, who cares, it was like a birthday. God, I'm not one of the There's even worse though. Yeah, there's the guy that takes off on his birthday. Oh if you're that guy, yeah, you're not allowed to do that. No, there's people that do this. Steve, who's a birthday guy. I'm a birthday he's a birthday He's a birthday guy. I'm a birthday a birthday guy. I'm a birthday he's a birthday guy. I start wearing my party hat tomorrow.
Speaker 3: The people who do the countdowns on social media for not for their actual birthday but the birthday.
Speaker 2: Month not worse than the grown man three days away from my birthday month.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm getting older now, and I'm like, I I appreciate the acknowledgment stuff, but I'm just like, I just want to move on my life on to the next.
Speaker 1: Here, I want to put Rich on the spot.
Speaker 2: What's worse the guy that takes off on his birthday or the guy that holds his nose when he's jumping into a pool.
Speaker 1: Holds his nose jumping in the pool, and I hate that. I hate that. I feel like it's a shot at Buyer, But you can't.
Speaker 2: Hold your nose when you jump in the pool, Tom Brady, Damn Buyer and no one else. Because I went around the office here and without without making sense to the question, I went to some of the young editors and I'm like, hey, what do you think about you hold your nose when you jump in the pool. And everyone gave me the same answer, like, no, I held my nose when I went into Sam studio.
Speaker 1: Sam. What do you look Gussie today?
Speaker 4: Bro on her, You've been mixing a lot of stuff back here, ice cream, juice, coffee, water.
Speaker 3: Hold your nose when you enter Sam's room. No, I've been respectful about it. On our YouTube chat, Lisa chimes in. She says, it makes you look youthful when you do it.
Speaker 2: That's that's a nice one to put at least is always so positive. It does it's like Tom Brady and three year olds. My kid is up and he goes some of it, holds her nose. Probably also uses a forking knife with pizza.
Speaker 1: A bad habits.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, let's all make sure we have great weekends. Okay, I want to know what are you doing to ensure your great weekend? Because there's a few people that are having great weekends.
Speaker 1: Same way, same way. I can't the same way.
Speaker 2: I can't get I can't get with the idea of a grown up holding their nose. I also have a hard time going to an amusement park and having a grown up tell me they're like scared of a ride.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. Like I like when someone's like, I'm not gonna go on that one, I'm like, what if it's the Fast and the Furious.
Speaker 2: But Danny, it's like you look at something you like, Yeah, you're forty years old, go on the ride. Yeah, I think I'm gonna sit this one out. You're thirty eight years old, you're fifty, go on the ride.
Speaker 1: Out.
Speaker 2: It is like a few things that damn by Please tell me your own roller coasters.
Speaker 5: I hate rides. I hate all of them. It's also why I'm more of a Cavino guy. I hope to never be a.
Speaker 2: Rich sty hind Rich. You can push him later, I'll kneel right behind him.
Speaker 5: Just I've honestly thought about this. I've never been a rides person. I get motion sickness pretty easily. I take drama, mean before I fly, the whole deal.
Speaker 1: Maybe that all ties together. They no, but there is a.
Speaker 5: Point when you get to a certain age, like I just think it's like you're just kind of done with it. Like I don't know, I I that's the way that like I view it, even though I've never been in the game of an actual roller coaster. But at forty five, like I actually think, you know what, I think you're a loser if you're going on the roller coasters at forty five.
Speaker 1: Let the kids do it, like you're just supposed to stand there and hang out.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I used to hate though, you know what, I'm brainwashed on brainwashed because my dad, oh Greg, he would tell me because I'd look around the amusement park and when we'd see like moms or dad just standing there waiting for their kids.
Speaker 1: My Dad's like, oh, they lose this.
Speaker 2: He would go on the rides, and there's always one parent that had wait by the stroller, and I remember thinking like, oh, I felt bad for the parent that would have to just wait there and like on stroller patrol.
Speaker 1: But I get it if you have motions likeness.
Speaker 2: Our video guys, spot would always be like before he would go in on ride, he'd have to like take drama mean or put some patch by his ear or something.
Speaker 1: I won't be screaming on that fast and furious. He can't go on a cruise either, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I the cruise does not boats, yeah, one never Yeah, those things that's not appealing to.
Speaker 1: Me, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see where a cruise is not appealing. I'm just saying, most people with that motion sickness are like a cruise ship, is there? Yeah, So check this out. When this show's over, I'm gonna go home. I'm gonna pack up. I'll tell you where Dan Bayer's not going Universal Studios.
Speaker 1: I know he's not.
Speaker 5: Going like this magic Mountain. Yeah, six Flags, I've never been one. You've never gotten, never got gone through the gates. I'm going back East for the weekend and it's gonna be nice. It is my birthday month.
Speaker 2: So my parents are like, hey, come home, go out to dinner with the family. I'm like, sweet, why not? Or how about how about this dad? Maybe I pull my dad out of retirement. My brother says he doesn't grill up the way he used to. So Danny, g get me one of those grilling aprons for my.
Speaker 1: Dad and I'll send that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And maybe I have a little cookout with the family this weekend. So I'm trying to have a nice weekend because I have to do something while I'm in the city. I have to record something for the History Channel. But I'll be doing Monday show from the East coast. But that's my way of ensuring a nice weekend. I think I need a little dip away, a little getaway.
Speaker 1: Too bad to your Yankees are in Chicago.
Speaker 2: I know, you know what, they got a pain in the ass teenage order, you know, to go and just escape for a second. I think it's good for me right now. So I'm going east. Then you got guys like Deebo Samuel get to sit back and relax. They got a one year deal back with the old team, and maybe he could retire with the old team, prove that he's worth another one year deal, but he got a one year, seven million dollar deal.
Speaker 1: Rich likes it.
Speaker 2: But like, what a nice weekend he's gonna have known that it's all signed and sealed and ready to go, and then the best weekend of it all Tom Holland's weekend. I don't know why people are making a bigger deal about the fact that Tom Holland is in The Odyssey and Spider Man, and I don't know, there's gotta be some record that's going to be broken with him in zin day, right, Like they're both in multiple movies that are making this much money, Like that's unheard of.
Speaker 1: Spider Man.
Speaker 2: They're saying it's gonna be the highest grossing movie of the year, and The Odyssey. There is a two month wait for people that want to see it in seventy millimeter, like they say, which is the perfect way to see it. In fact, Danny, you hit us up with there were some websites that had a que with thousands of people waiting.
Speaker 3: Forty thousand people waiting to see that seventy millimeter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's since they've extended it like another month or whatever. Right, So think about it, is Spider Man by the way, like automatic number one this week. Yeah it is, even if even though the Odyssey is still kicking that much ass.
Speaker 1: All right, So you.
Speaker 2: Got Tom Holland if you're not piecing it together, he's in both movies like those are big time blockbuster numbers. Zinda two and she's in Dune three. So he's having a summer now based on that. What are you doing to ensure great weekend, a great rest of your summer as August begins tomorrow, let us know? And then you know, I mentioned Deebo there because Rich really believes and I wrote this down. I wanted to bring that up again that because of this sort of solidifies them. He thinks they're still the team to beat. You know, no I'm not. That's the side note. But do you know they're saying Spider Man brand new day. This is a big window. Usually they're like, my daughter is going tomorrow. You know how they usually say, let's go dude, all the movies sixty Ryan saw it already, he said it was great. You know how they always say I was projected to make and that number is usually within a few you know, maybe ten or twenty million. This is a big window. They're saying spider Man Brand New Day could achieve a massive global opening weekend anywhere between four hundred and twenty five mil and possibly up to eight hundred mil, depending what I'm like. They're saying in the US anywhere from one ninety five to maybe three hundred.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So so the box office is back, and I think you Fox Sports Radio Nation can't be sleeping on it. I know it's expensive, I know it's like a hassle to leave the house sometimes, but it truly is the best experience in today's world of not being able to pay attention. You're always on your phone, you're always distracted at home, go to the theater, experience and make a night of it. Well, you got plans right there. We'll tell you more about that during weekend. It's also your last weekend before football. That's why there's not another weekend. There's not another weekend between now and February that football will not have begun.
Speaker 4: It depends on how much you weigh preseason football, which I don't care at all about. So for me, it's still a football doesn't start until week zero of college football.
Speaker 1: Our naps are being taken Sam. Yeah, for exhibitions with a minoritybody. Stink. And I don't care about the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 3: I hate the pre It's football, It's NFL football, it is it is.
Speaker 1: I hate it, Damn Sam. So what are you doing? You're not sure a good weekend? What are you gonna do to bring your best team? I'm gonna watch w n B A. I might well tonight, I will. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm working here on Sunday, so short weeknd for me. By the way, audible for a second, I'm like Peyton Manning. Get the line of scrimmage with this. Your forehead looks like that out there? You did you see Britney Griner's wife. They're getting divorced. Brittany Griner is getting divorced. And I think Brittany Grinders on the filed and I just think that's wild, only because didn't that woman spend like so much time and effort trying to get her out of Russian prison. Yes, I'm not saying that's a lifetime pass of loyalty, but imagine you're with someone and tooth and nail, they fight and and protest and and and try to get you out of a terrible situation and then you're free and you're like, yeah later, I don't know, are you a little shocked that so quickly that went south? I'm I mean, I don't know who the headache is there? But isn't that the story with like George Lopez who needed a kidney and well.
Speaker 1: That's right, didn't he get a kidney from from his wife and then divorced? There that something happened about the spread rumors.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so based on the Tom Holland situation, because it really is crazy, and of course India, what's the best weekend in sports? That comes to mind? Do you have a best weekend ever? And what are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 1: I mean that that's gotta be Tom Holland right now.
Speaker 2: That's insane. Yeah, honestly, I actually do agree with Rich. There has to be some sort of blockbuster record, some sort of that he's going to a break record, that he's going to break as far as how much revenue these films generated, how much money was made, because if these are breaking records and Odyssey and Spider Man are both this mammoth, these are huge summer blocks, I bet you as a record, I'll look it up, but I didn't. I didn't see when I looked, like, is there a no one's ever made more from movies in the box office than a month than blank? I don't know, maybe like Sam Jackson or something like.
Speaker 1: But there's got to be all the sports.
Speaker 2: You think, what Dean Sanders played football and baseball this in the same weekend.
Speaker 1: Uh, those are legendary moments.
Speaker 2: Well the Yankees, Uh won the World Series the day after you became a dead That was your best, That was your best money that was in sixteen years might have been my best, like my most victorious weekend.
Speaker 3: It says Holland in his Better Half are on track to surpass Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's thirteen billion dollar record is the highest grossing acting couple.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, it's a sweet power couple. Uh situation they're in, too, says.
Speaker 3: If both films hit one billion, Holland will join an elite group of actors with multiple billion dollar hits in a single year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we bring it up because you know Rich and I were talking about before the show. We've been talking about it. Really haven't heard anyone else talking about it because we live in a social media world where people care about sports and social media and you know music. And I think the Hollywood actor doesn't get the love it got from like our parents generation. So a guy like Tom Holland certainly does not get the esteem of actors in the past. No, but congratulations him. Enjoy enjoying your movie, Enjoy your weekend, enjoy your beginning to August as some rewinds down because even here in La school starts again. And what August twelfth, I think August twelfth is, as our video producer spot points out, See, I don't know how to look at this. Like Zoe Saldana, she has the record for most money when you combine all her movies together. But if they're not the lead the account that movie, Like if you have, if you have.
Speaker 1: Like Samuel L. Jackson, based on all the movies.
Speaker 2: You would sea what I'm saying, Like, if you are in a movie as like an ancillary character, do you feel like you should get credit for that movie?
Speaker 1: Like if you're maybe it was wise that you chose or you took that role, but it was offered to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I'm saying, like sam if you like zoeys Aldnia is great, But if She's a superhero in a franchise that just happens to dominate, but not like.
Speaker 1: The main It's not quite the same thing.
Speaker 4: In the nineties, like Jim Carrey he had like he had like The Mask and Dumb and Dumber or something come out like in the same year. I know it didn't make as much money as these movies, but Jim Carrey had like this wrought run in the nineties of like Banger after Banger.
Speaker 2: Well, this was nineteen years ago O seven And I only know this because I just recorded the countdown earlier today for series x M Pop two K do the two thousands countdown every weekend? And O seven, which feels like yesterday. Nineteen years ago. That was the summer of Judd Apatow. That was the summer of Knocked Up, and that was the summer of all those all those Jutt Appetel movies we loved in the two thousands, A lot of them were seven.
Speaker 1: I looked this up just for fun.
Speaker 2: The record for home runs hit by a single player in a standard three game weekend three game weekend series. How many home runs do you think? What's the record this weekend? Over six actually achieved in the Modern Era by Jose Abrayu.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty. Damn well, he had six home runs in one weekend. We'll have a great weekend. Have a great week Tom Holland, which is gonna be insane.
Speaker 2: So and by the way, you can always hit us up if you've seen it in seventy millimeter and you really genuinely think, oh, it's worth it.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be.
Speaker 2: I mean it's uh, it's gonna be pricey, but not anything you can't afford.
Speaker 1: I was seeing it's like what fifty sixty bucks. I saw it in Dolby and it was a great experience. Yes, that's good. That's a good back. Even if you have a film buff and you really want to make it keen of it. Does Steve Cavino have that keen of an eye?
Speaker 2: How do you know if you don't know what you're missing? You know, like you're not seeing the whole picture of the way it was meant to be filmed. You're not seeing the entire you're not seeing Matt Damon sandals. Like I said, you're not seeing all of it.
Speaker 1: I hear you see something of Matt Damon.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Oh, there's a NiFe shot my friend saw it and he said, you do see some of Matt Damon.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't know why. Yeah, well he's wearing a helmet like that. What you mean passing another helmet? Oh yeah yeah, outdoor plumbing? What thank you? What was he looking for? I didn't see anything, like yeah.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: My friends like, yeah, you see his his member. We'll see that. Because you didn't see it, you didn't see the full cut. Yeah.
Speaker 5: This is also the second time Sam has brought this up today, and you guys running earlier.
Speaker 1: So but he has some reason loving to talk about that. What was the point of that? Just to add some authenticity. I genuinely think Sam just lost.
Speaker 2: Someone just want to bet they got Sam to say it in correct, fact, they made a bet Sam.
Speaker 1: Wait, was he was? I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. We'll say he said it was my friends and it was in there. Maybe he's just saying that to see if you say on national radio multple of times now listen, we're gonna play brain wave.
Speaker 2: Next, we'll do some weekend hob nobb and get into the weekend and touch on the NFL a little more. As we get closer again last weekend before the NFL officially pre season wise kicks, So we've got more covene on Rich next on Fox Sports.
Speaker 1: Radio, every sports teas, yep.
Speaker 2: Every sports season is built on preparation, studying the trends, and making necessary adjustments. Three ultimate goal investing deserves the same approach. With wee bul you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help you make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs, and more, or planning for the long term with iras, cash management, or custodial accounts for your kids. Wee Bowl gives you the tools to invest your way, all on one platform. We're going to take your preparation to the next level. Check out wee Boll's learn resources and join their in app community fee to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally and now. To help streamline your trading activities and elevate your strategy, try Vega, wee Bole's personal market AI Assistant. You get real time data, real time analysis, watch lists and alerts when earnings drop gets your financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee Bole app today or visiting wee bul dot com.
Speaker 7: We both Financial LLC and member SIPC FENRA investing in Risk. For more information, visit weeple dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to.
Speaker 1: Seven pm Eastern. But here's the thing. We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get.
Speaker 2: To, and that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for. Yeah, you blubber list Jam and me. Well, you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years. Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out Over Promised. And also uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast.
Speaker 1: Of all time.
Speaker 2: There you go, over promising. Remember you could see on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen over promised with Covino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Hope you dominate the weekend like Tom Holland, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio thought about more domination by the way, you were talking about who's had the best weekend? And like sports ah, some domination home, Uh, Mike a Fox Sports Radio and ash'all my kids, somebody goes. Prince had Purple Rain, the song, the movie, everything all once. And it made me think of at one point Howard Stern had the number one book and the number one radio show and movie right in.
Speaker 1: The country, and Prince was probably having sex with everybody on the set. That is true.
Speaker 2: All right, what a weekend? And you talk about domination. I always say that, much like how Tom Holland's underrated right now, like people aren't talking about it. The Black Eyed Peas. You remember the Black Eyed Peas, right, they had the number one song, Let's get It started. They had the number one song twenty eight of the fifty two weeks in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were around a lot nearly too. Whatever.
Speaker 2: I got a feeling, I got a feeling number one for fourteen weeks.
Speaker 1: Boom Boom Poo Boom Boom.
Speaker 2: Paw was number one for three months twelve weeks, and Amobi Almobi was one for a couple weeks. In nine, more than half the year they had the number one song.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone ever mentioned.
Speaker 2: They owned every weekend. Yeah, they owned it in nine. So own the weekend, Tom Holland style and Zandia style. Enjoy the movies, enjoy some sports, some good games, and now it's time to enjoy some prizes in a game we call Brainwave.
Speaker 6: Let's go dude, Cavino and Race really share the same brainy.
Speaker 2: Rach Chay raying something, Sidney.
Speaker 1: Joe demagure you is their crew not far behind. Fo're one. Welcome to Brainway. Try to make sense of the brain It's easy.
Speaker 6: We dropped on sports, music and entertainment questions. And if you match with enough of these bosums, you win.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: On the count of three reveal brainway one two, three, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Guys, you're on the same wave blank right now?
Speaker 3: All right, happy Friday. Let's get it going. The questions in this game are all subjective. You just need to try and match the brain of CNR and the crew. All right, Gonna get our contestant from the studio lines, and then I'll explain the rules. Matt in Chico, California was the first three.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up, Matt?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Hey, Matt, what do you do for a living? There?
Speaker 7: I'm a delivery driver for office chpo.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, nice man. The guys are messing around with their dry erase.
Speaker 2: Sports over there, I wrote, I wrote rich loves taboo, but that averybody knows what it is.
Speaker 1: I wrote, rich loves taboo from the black guys, Right, Matt, shout random black eyed pe fun facts.
Speaker 3: I think you love you know who it is. Here's how the game works. I have five rounds ready to go. Our contestant, you, Matt, need to win two of the rounds to be the champ and walk away with one of those hot ce in our summer grilling aprons. I'm gonna ask a question and then give three equal answers to choose from the six of us on the show. Here are going to write down our answers on the dry erase boards instead of goofing around with them, and then on the count of three, you shout out your answer, trying to match with four out of the six of us to win the round or no matter Matt's answer, If all six of us happen to match, it is a backdoor cover.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, round, what you guys ready, let's go, Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Let's let's start with the relationship category. Your partner wins a free trip, but because of your work schedule, you can't go. Who should they take their best friend, a family member or go alone?
Speaker 1: I think about it.
Speaker 3: Your partner wins a free trip, but because of your schedule you can't go. Who should they take their best friend, a family member or go alone?
Speaker 1: Locked and loading?
Speaker 3: Locked, cool, and Matt, we need your answer on the count of three, one, two, three, best friend, he says, best friend. Steve Covino.
Speaker 2: Let's say you absolutely best friend, because you want to ensure a great time right, family could be annoying. Best friend, you know you're gonna have a good time. Nobody who would make their spouse go alone. No, one of the guys on the ultimatum. Yes, seriously, she said at one thing, the sleazy looking like a sleezy looking guy with a slick hair.
Speaker 1: He told the girl he was with, like, you're not allowed to have friends.
Speaker 3: I'm stated, he said, best friend. Okay, let's go. Emmy sitting in for the game here, who'd you say? Oh this microphone button there?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Sorry, technical error back here, check chuck, chuck, technical error.
Speaker 3: Emmy, welcome, he said, best friend too. All right, so three for three, we need one more point, Dan.
Speaker 1: Bayer, you got it here, bff, bestrid.
Speaker 3: Okay, Internet on Internet argued about this one a little bit. There's more jealous people out there than you think. Oh, I also said best friend. Oh yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Look at it.
Speaker 3: Said go have a great time with your best team. All right, So we would have been six or six anyways, error over here. All right, Matt, you're halfway to seeing our grill and apron already. Let's go to the Let's go to the sports category. In training camp. A significant injury to which position on your favorite football team would hurt the start of the season more. You're running back, you're starting running back, you're starting middle linebacker, or you're starting left tackle. All right, so it's training camp right now. Significant injury to which position on your favorite football team would hurt the start of the season for them more. You're starting running back, you're starting middle linebacker, or you're starting left tackle.
Speaker 1: Everybody locked, locked, Yes.
Speaker 3: Okay, and Matt, we need your answer one two three, left tackle, he says, left tackle. We go in reverse order. Iowa, Samuel, what do you think, Matt? We are on the same brain wave.
Speaker 4: I think you lose Your left tackle throws everything off.
Speaker 3: They call him the mic linebacker. He's like the brain of your defense. So I went middle linebacker, Dan Beyer.
Speaker 5: Ball, noers, no left tackle, all right, left tackle, Emmy.
Speaker 1: I went running back. I need that truck.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could spots start all these guys, but left tackle must protect the quarterback. It comes down to I was on the same brain wave as Danny g It's that brain of the defense linebacker. All right, Yeah, I get it now, But that's that was my first.
Speaker 3: It's okay, we got more categories here. Let's go to round three. I'm calling this the getting sniped category.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll go back to that last one.
Speaker 2: Okay, use my team that's injured more than any other team, Trent Williams. That changes everything. I know, not everyone's big Trent, but I think about that.
Speaker 1: Starting that starting left.
Speaker 4: Tackle is make or break any of to develop rhythm and charis. It's like, and so you need you need an offensive line, a healthy one, to open up holes for whatever.
Speaker 3: Whoever running back that might be exactly your team has been a thin linebacker's mind has for so many years.
Speaker 2: Every who can make their own reason. I just know that I've seen teams fall apart without their left tackle.
Speaker 5: Danny's team also hasn't had an offensive line healthy for a while as well.
Speaker 3: Very true, all right, round round three getting sniped. Wesley Snipes turned sixty four today. So tell me this which legal charge against you would keep you up the most at night? Tax evasion, credit card fraud, or insider trading.
Speaker 1: He got accused of all these things.
Speaker 3: He got he he got in trouble for tax evasion. So I'm saying, which of these three would keep you up the most at night?
Speaker 1: His honor?
Speaker 3: Tax evasion, credit card fraud, or insider trading? Basically, which would you least want your name attached to Okay, all right, we're all writing our answers down, all right, all right? Which keeps you up the most at night? If you have one of these charges? Everybody locked in?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Matt one two three, he says, tax evasion.
Speaker 1: Steve Covino, what you say? No, it sounds to me no, no, no, no, Yeah, I'm up. I'm up. That recently haunted Carlos smithsia right, I don't know. I hear about that a lot. So not that it's okay, they're all terrible, but the most like low life answer would be credit card fraud. I thought, what a trash bag? My thoughts? So well? Was the first one again? Tax evasion?
Speaker 2: I say a lot of times when people do shenanigans with taxes, they had the opportunity before.
Speaker 1: They go to prison, like Zach, can you pay it?
Speaker 2: Credit Card fraud depends on if the person you frauded wants the charges pressed inside of trading. You're ft if you somehow get accused of inside of trading.
Speaker 1: I watched it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I watched too many like money shows, but you get you would get screwed.
Speaker 3: All right, Emmy, I've got tox evasion because IRIS doesn't play.
Speaker 1: All right, it'll like dB.
Speaker 5: I think we can all understand and not wanting to pay taxes and who wouldn't want some inside information?
Speaker 1: But credit card fraud is all on the edge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, you know, I think insider trading rich. I'm on the same brainwave as you. I think you can get up to twenty years for that, So that should probably keep you up the most that night.
Speaker 4: Iowa, Sam, We're all over the place, and you were right Cove. It was we switched back and forth technical technical. I think I said credit card fraud because that's all right, you're like stealing someone's identity? Is I should have said that to that's probably the world. That's that's like your big behavior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody who coaches now that we all know still has that following him around it this day. All right, let's go to round four. You have two more categories here, Matt, to get one to win. Let's go to music. Which one of these one hit wonder jams would get the biggest reaction at your backyard party. Let's say it's forty to fifty year old's there with you. Which of these one hit wonder jams? Would get the biggest reaction at your back door backyard party, patron, all the picture.
Speaker 1: In all the middle aged moms and dads from my kids teams. Exactly. That's exactly what I was thinking about. Rich's back to fifty year old. Okay, let's go all right here, here's the three one hit wonders.
Speaker 3: What's up by four non blondes Cavino, could you sing a little bit of that for us and dah say.
Speaker 1: Hey, yay, yay, yay, hey yay. You don't want to give the beginning of this twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Bet that's why that was a one hit one.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Matt.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: The second song to choose from Mambo number five by lou Bega.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rich, would you like to sing that one?
Speaker 3: By my side or informer by snow Iowa Sam. I'll just sing some of that informative Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So whench of those one hit wonder jams, we get the biggest reaction at your backyard party. Four non blondes lou Bega for Snow all writing our answers down, Oh man, I know tough one, all right? Everybody locked in, yes, okay, locked in, Matt, We need your answer on the count of three one, two, three, first one four non blondes. Okay, now we start with Iowa, Sam.
Speaker 1: Well, you already tipped off my answer.
Speaker 4: I don't want lou Bega within five hundred yards of my home, and four non blondes is fine, But I went with informer end by snow.
Speaker 3: He gets a point from me. I said, four non blondes the way, seeing our were harmonizing.
Speaker 1: I've heard people do that when you play it on big speakers, Dan Byer.
Speaker 5: That day I added snowflakes if you can see it on the stream.
Speaker 1: Informer for snow. All right, Emmy, I've got mambo number five. What's one through four?
Speaker 2: Anybody knows it's not hits? Rich Davis, Yo, snow is a hit Informer. That's that's retro.
Speaker 3: People would love that, all right, So matthat mathematically he's out of it.
Speaker 1: But Covino snow turning former.
Speaker 2: As soon as those horns hit Banlan It, I'd be pumped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, it comes down to the last category.
Speaker 1: Matt. Let's go back to sports.
Speaker 3: Your favorite baseball team is in last place right now in July thirty first, Sorry, Rich, what would you rather see? They go on a wind streak, but still have no shot at the wild card. They hold steady with the roster and regroup in the off season, or they build for the future by trading away a couple of players before the deadline next week. So the three choices. They go on a win streak but still don't make the wild card, they hold steady with the roster and regroup in the off season, or they build for the future by trading away a couple players before the deadline next week. All right, we're all writing our answers down. Everybody locked, locked, locked, All right, Matt, on the count of three, we need your answer. One, two, three, I'm an age and bill for the future. Trade away, he says, Trade away. Steve Covino, what do you think.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm a sucker. I want to see the wind streak. Sorry, I want to see something to root for. Rich Davis, Mets suck. Trade them all, trade all the point. I think it's time to regroup, he says, dB. Wait, wait, which one's regroup? That was the second one? Is not a point for dB.
Speaker 5: Sell sell sell t them.
Speaker 3: I'm like Covino, I'd rather get some good mojo going with.
Speaker 1: The wind Street. So you the Mets. What would winning do it? Now? That gives hithing to watching something to some momentum into next season.
Speaker 8: Maybe I said, hold steady, Sorry, dude, Matt, We thank you for listening every day there in Chico, and thanks for playing the game.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much again. Later, that's the name of the game, brainway. He started, he started so well, he won.
Speaker 2: The first round then couldn't. That was an easy one. Sorry, man, that one was Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you. Let's go to Dan Buyer for an update.
Speaker 3: dB.
Speaker 1: What's doing?
Speaker 5: But we see if the Mets are selling, they're not starting Freddy Peralta tonight against the A's. The Tigers not starting Casey. Excuse me, the Mets face the Marlins tonight. It's the Tigers who face the A's. They want to have Casey myz going, but no Paralta tonight for New York or myz for the Tigers, Yankees and Cubs.
Speaker 1: Earlier today at Wrigley it's.
Speaker 9: From Bednar bouncing well right back to Bednar. Yes, indeed works over underhand. Flip they goldie victory for the New York Yankees, a two nothing decision.
Speaker 1: Oil boy, this was something special.
Speaker 5: Yankees got solo home runs from a Medozario on Spencer Jones and that two nothing victory on the Yankees Radio Network. Victor woman Yama extended his contract with Nike, which will include an upcoming signature shoe. CBS Sports put Tony Romo on leave, and they also announced that JJ Watt will take his spot in the lead booth for their NFL coverage alongside Jim Nance as long as Romo is out on the leave following his arrest on o why charges. Earlier this week, Packers activated Tennan Tucker Craft off of the pup list. Rocket Classic second round play. Cam Young is at ten under par, as is Patrick Cantley. Ricky Fowlers one shot back at nine under par. Patrick Fishburn is on the course right now. He's also at under bar and TI with Young and can't Ley for the lead. A couple of other notes, guys, just back to baseball. The Athletic is saying that the Brewers would be willing to take on Trek Scouobele's full salary for the rest of the year if they were able to swing a deal, while ESPN is saying the Padres are likely to keep closer Mason Miller, Pirates and Reds tied up at two a piece as they play.
Speaker 1: In the second in Cincinnati. Guys, back to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dan Byer, have a great week. And you know what one thought before we get into weekend hob nabbing. We talked a little bit by Niners in regards to Brendon Ayuk. Who that guy you know is his own worst enemy. The guy doesn't say anything that makes any sense. He's destroying his own career. I saw someone post on social media juice was cut. Came back, Drake Greenlaw signed with Denver, came back, Debo's back. Trent keeps extending, Fred Warner keeps extending, Kittle keeps extending. Maybe the culture is fine and the weirdo without a team that just needs to grow up and handle their business is you, Brandon Ayuk. When you think about it, right, the culture is not a problem to anyone for the the Niners except for who oh yeah, Brandon, he's a wacked do wha could do? So we got more could be on rich, We get hob dobbin next.
Speaker 1: Informat, Yeah, a leaky boom boom damn. Everybody knows the I licky boom boom down part. Who knows what he's saying. Honestly, he says, I licky boom boom down. I guess so. It's very catchy though Snowwall turn informer and not a very popular karaoke song. Nah, that's a great one. I like it. What was the other one he had? I don't know it was, uh, but I need another lever? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: They know it was something about un but I need another level? Anyway, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Don't miss our Best of the Week podcast. Remember it drops tomorrow morning, six am Eastern on Apple or wherever you get your podcasts. Just search Covino and Rich. Danny G produces our Best of the Week. And it's time to get your financial portfolio game ready with wee Bowl. Get powerful investing tools in real time data, all on one platform. Get started by downloading the Weebl app today or visiting weebel dot com.
Speaker 7: We both Financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wheepule dot com slash disclosure.
Speaker 1: Is it girl? I've been hurt by a girl? I've been hurt. I've been hurt, but I need another.
Speaker 4: Level cove real quick. Do you remember Jim Carrey on in Living Color? He he clowned on Vanilla Ice, Andy did an informer music.
Speaker 1: I remember the Vanilla Ice. I don't remember white rappers were getting clowned on by Jim Carrey. Girl, I've been hurt? Which cavi?
Speaker 2: You know? Just saying that was a top twenty hit, I'm not saying it was a hit. But can you call snow in Former one hit wonder? If they had another song that former was so big?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it was such a big hit. He couldn't even recover from it.
Speaker 1: No, of course, But I'm saying technically, if he had it wasn't a number one, so yeah, but no, But.
Speaker 2: I'm saying if he had another song that was a top twenty, it's part to say one hit wonder.
Speaker 3: But snow and Former still listed as one of the top one hit wonders of the nineties.
Speaker 1: Are you're right? It's hey?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys for playing brain Wave, Thank you guys for hanging out with us all week Now it's time for weekend hob nominal.
Speaker 1: Let's do it in for the weekend. You're winning bets for talking points. If you get stuck socializing. You ever done anything dangerous? You ever dance with the devil?
Speaker 6: In the panel line, Friday brings us weekend, hob no.
Speaker 2: Me getting you ready for Monday, so you know what's going on, so you know what to talk about.
Speaker 1: Now. I gotta give Danny g to credit because he got on. He's like, yo, man, you're making me said, you're not taking my advice.
Speaker 6: Bo.
Speaker 3: He's like, you gotta watch Kate Freeze. Send you whack whack whack if you're not watching this.
Speaker 1: So I got Apple TV.
Speaker 2: I started watching Kate Fear, and now I can't wait for the final episode. Tonight's so you get the new episode, the final episode, long waited final episode of Kate Fear tonight on Apple TV. UFC Fight Night, Meditch versus Rodriguez, So you got some UFC tomorrow night and some boxing. You got Lamont Roach versus William Zapeta on his oonne so that'll be on his zone for the WBC Lightweight strat Roach Zapeta over promises our bonus pod. You could watch it, you could listen, but it's a show twenty two to twenty three minutes.
Speaker 1: Watch it and enjoy it.
Speaker 2: We talk about the Lebron, Jersey Rage, Lebron's selling jerseys man and the Rules of Jerseys. We talk about ASU. They now have Influencer as a major at ASU. Would you pay for your kids tuition if they wanted to be an influencer major? We talk about that and more, plus backyard must haves like backyard activity must haves. As we get into August, it's all on over Promised episode one nine right here on our YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Right Documentaries.
Speaker 2: If you're into documentaries, I don't know if you guys have watched any of these.
Speaker 1: Give me the thumbs up or thumbs down. Toxic Love Story good one, Yeah, yeahs up?
Speaker 2: All right? As we say, this is about a woman that almost ends up like in prison. I don't want to give the details, but it's worth the watch. About a crazy x right.
Speaker 1: It's a wild story. The if you're off man, it's so disturbing.
Speaker 2: But Idaho murders those college kids that got killed. There's a new documentary with more details about that horrific crime. I saw you saw he's trying to change his pleats and not guilty.
Speaker 1: I saw it.
Speaker 2: Bombing of pan Am one oh three, another sad documentary. Maybe it's maybe it's not a sad documentary weekend? How about uh we lighten it up with seventy two? Did you see this one? It is a movie featuring Kevin Hart. It's described as to save his career and Marcelo Hernandez.
Speaker 1: One Marcelo Hernandez. He's a forty something and to save his career. He thinks it's a good idea to join all the young dudes at his office for a bachelor party weekend. Haven't we seen a movie like this before? Hear? It is just okay, But I like both guys, great chemistry, Marcelo and Kevin Hart.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's an hour and forty minutes. If you can't give up that, then you know what do you want me.
Speaker 1: To tell yourself? That's what I got to say. That's on Netflix.
Speaker 3: If I could get to the theater having a toddler, I would love to go to Spider Man. And in fact, Code might let me watch half that it's his birthday weekend, So see you guys at Chuck E Cheese on Sunday Cheese. Brenda my watch. He wants to watch the Devil Wears product too. It is now on Disney Plus Cool if you're a fan of the first one that's now available.
Speaker 2: The first one is really good, a really good movie. If you ever had a tough boss. I think anybody could relate to that movie. I was Sam, what are you watching?
Speaker 1: Buddy?
Speaker 4: If you got no w NBA tonight, maybe you'll try to find a ticket to the Odyssey tomorrow. You know you and I got Danny G's a birthday party.
Speaker 1: I'll be there. Well, are you gonna be playing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna play it that you try to knock the little Uh?
Speaker 4: I'd have been inside of Chuck E Cheese for decades, So we'll see.
Speaker 1: It's gonna do U in the ballpit. There you go. We'll see you guys on Monday.
Speaker 2: Have a great one. Until then, Riven there Chief seeing you and the promise.
Speaker 1: Today's Friday.
Speaker 6: Later