Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back, George and OORI with you. Katie Beacher with US, licensed professional counselor and Medical and Emotional Intuitive for more than thirty years of experience. She has a very unique way of working with clients, creating a very detailed, individualized physical, emotional, and spiritual report and symbolic painting before even seeing them, talking with them or seeing a photograph, using only their name and age. Heal from Within an Intuitive Guide to Wellness as Katie's first book, Katie, welcome back. How have you been?
Speaker 3: I've been great. Thanks George, It's nice to talk to you again.
Speaker 2: How did this all happen for you? How did you become an intuitive?
Speaker 3: I think, well, no, I know, I was born that way. I remember being, you know, having very very young memories three and four of just sort of hearing voices in my head, feeling safe and protected, knowing that there was something else greater than me, kind of guiding me. And my mom said that I had imaginary friends, which doesn't surprise me, and I had names for them to you know, to me. That was the start of me talking to guides and spirits, and I just remember my parents had a fight about eggs or something really stupid when I was young, and I remember just hearing this voice saying, these people are not equipped to raise you. You're going to have to do it on your own. So that was that was my first inkling that, you know, there was something out there protecting me. And I also just always knew things about people, and no one could explain how I knew things, or you know, I just like kind of tuned into people's energy and was able to see family dynamics that I knew were not okay even as a young child, and decided that I wanted to live my life differently. So and then when I got older, I picked up a lot of negative energies and that was really scary, but that also helped me to find the positive parts of my gifts and use them to help other people.
Speaker 2: How did you pick up the negative energies?
Speaker 3: Well, it was more of a it was more of a knowing. It was around the time I think I was around ten when The Exorcist came out, and it was the first time that I had really heard anyone talk about possession or you know, satan or anything like that. And we lived in a very old house. It was eighteen seventy three, and I just foundered feeling terrified, especially when I was alone and at night. And I actually had this idea. I don't know if it's true or not, but I had this idea that I slept under my covers, with my head under my covers, that I would be protected somethings. Yes, I still do it to this day, which makes my husband laugh, but I don't feel unsafe an they were, but still kind of do it. And just remember feeling my body felt unsafe, and I had a lot of thoughts of what if I was being possessed and what would happen if I encountered that type of energy. It was really literally terrifying, and it didn't go away for several years. Thankfully, I had a therapist that I could talk to who understood these things and who didn't think I had three heads when I was talking about them, and she was able to explain that good and evil exists. And this may or may not sound strange to some of your listeners, but she said that there are people in the world who just who do good things. You don't have to be special, but just who are here to spread life, love and do good things, and that the energy of evil tends to try to be around them at a young age and scare them because fear is a really powerful tool of evil, and they don't want you to be tuned into God, they don't want you to be tuned into love. So if they keep you afraid, they can keep you from using your spiritual gifts or being a good person. And through that, I think a lot of people today too are living in fear and it keeps them from being their true, authentic selves.
Speaker 2: And Katie, this evolution to become a medical intuitive was caused by what.
Speaker 3: It was actually well. I became a therapist in my early twenties, and I always worked really intuitively, and I kind of what I mean by that is when I would work with a client and they would present with a problem, the first thing I would do is just sit and listen and kind of download information and let my guides tell me more about this person what they needed. And so I found myself surprisingly knowing a lot of things about them before they told me, and I even channeled their dead relatives during sessions. Accidentally, in one of those times, I helped somebody get pregnant by channeling their grandmothers. So that was a really cool story. But so it started out that way, and then I realized that I was always into medicine. My mom was a nurse. I was always into that, and my mom got really sick and I had to help the doctors with her. She had a really bad stroke. So it helped me kind of tune in more to her. And then I realized that I just kept knowing things about people, and the more I learned, the more I realized that I could do and that I wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: That's pretty intriguing, to be sure. Yes, definition now of a medical intuitive is what.
Speaker 3: It's somebody who can tune into another person's or their own energy life. They can see things in a person's life. They can see into their bodies. Often they can identify symptoms, traumas. They I help people to figure out what they want to do for a career, what's making them unhappy, what makes them happy, what their skills are. I help people with relationships a lot, because sometimes people will come to me with a physical or emotional ailment, and during the report, my guys will reveal that they're in a really unhappy or abusive relationship, or that they really hate their job. And it's those things that because maybe they're not able to recognize it, or they're afraid or they're afraid of doing something about it, it those symptoms are coming out through their bodies. So there, it's kind of like that.
Speaker 2: Isn't it?
Speaker 3: It really is. But it's also a really healthy thing because I like to teach people to use their bodies symptoms as friends and to talk to them and basically say, you know, why is this happening now? What do I need? Why are you getting my attention? And that way we don't always have to fight against things. We can listen and use it for our health. And because a lot of people just get really really afraid when they find out that they have something like blind to be their cancer, and I get it, you know, but it can also be a wake up call. You know, maybe these people for the first time start taking care of themselves and start instead of taking care of every single other person in their life and not setting boundaries.
Speaker 2: Do you tell them the cures as well? Do you simply just tell them what's wrong with them?
Speaker 3: Well, it's illegal for anyone besides it after or a medical test to give a diagnosis or to claim that they can heal them. So I'm very careful in what I do and say, like I'm able to identify symptoms and they can confirm them. I you know, I can say this sounds like it may be something like this, and these are some things that I'm hearing can can help. So physical, emotional, and spiritual things that can be helpful. But in terms of true diagnosis or testing, I have a lot of them. There are actually a couple natural physicians that I refer to and they're able to get more in depth information, help with treatment, confirm you know what I've said. So I've been working with some of these people for a really long time, so I always try to get a report back and say, you know, what did the doctors say? And it confirms what I said. So that's nice, But you really have to be careful about claiming to be able to diagnose or heal.
Speaker 2: Katie, what is intuitive soul painting? What is that?
Speaker 3: These are kind of special things that I created. And sometimes with words, especially when you're intelligent, you can censor your words so or you can sensor the words that you're hearing so if you're trying to get to know yourself or you're listening to your intuition and you hear words in your head, it's kind of sometimes easy to dismiss them or to intellectualize a problem. And symbolism is something that people have been using for you know, eons, whether it's hieroglyphics, whether it's whatever, but using so my guys will tell me about a color, they'll tell me about a maybe an insect or a figure or a plant or something like that. When I'm communicating with a person's energy and through that painting it's a watercolor painting, I receive information about the person's body in their life. And when I create reports sometimes I'm not really sure who might see them, or I'm very conscious of someone seeing the word trauma or abuse that can be really sometimes triggering. So these things will often show up on the paintings in the form of maybe you know red areas in the in the second chakra, which has to do with reproductive organs, or even if someone has been physically abused, sometimes that red will show up in those physical abuse areas, or if someone's going through anxiety, red will show up up in the head and even just the way that sometimes the legs are facing where the arms are, or all kinds of things. Symbolically, people's issues show up in the paintings and people find them really fun and non threatening, and I interpret them, you know, during our meetings, and they kind of look like a five year old did them. So I was a little apprehensive about using them at first, but people really really like them and end up framing them.
Speaker 2: I always believe that positivity goes a long way. What do you think of that?
Speaker 3: I absolutely agree, and that's why I try to really frame things in a positive light and not being a Pollyanna, because you know, getting sick or having an accident or having a mental illness is really serious and it can be scary. But if you can look at things in a way of maybe like talking about before, sort of why did this come into my life? What are some of the strengths maybe of having attention deficit disorder, or of being you know, on the autism spectrum, or even being empathic. There's a lot of strength to that, and then also things that don't really work for you. So I try to help people to recognize maybe patterns in how they have dealt with past problems so that they can recognize their strengths. They can see that they have dealt with a lot of difficult stuff and gotten through it. Because a lot of people tend to live in the past or in the future, and so there's a lot of fear associated with that. But if you can be mindful and live in the present, it's a lot easier to maybe appreciate the little things going on in your life. Or you can go out in nature and just hang out with the birds or insects, or it really helps you relax, and it helps you to kind of calm down your nervous system. And a lot of people of nervous systems are on overdrive these days.
Speaker 2: Did you ever come across anybody who had negative energies or they were just negative people?
Speaker 3: I have I'm laughing because one of the most people with evil energy happened to be a politician from a Northeast state. I'll say it that way that I encountered during a fundraising activity, and it was he repelled me from the other side of the room. It was that strong.
Speaker 2: You hadn't you felt this or he singled you out?
Speaker 3: No, I felt it. And it was somebody that I had had a little bit of an encounter with and it wasn't necessarily a positive one, but I had never been in his physical presence before, and when it really actually shocked me at how strong and how strong that energy was, and how I really needed to stay a good you know, two hundred feet away from him. I didn't feel unsafe because I really believe that we can control our energy and that nothing can get to us unless we allow it. So I was not going to let his energy get to me or scare me. But it was very powerfully negative and evil, and I was really happy when you know, the evening was over put it that way.
Speaker 2: Do you think he knew he had this negativity?
Speaker 3: From what I understand from other people who've encountered him, he was definitely not a nice person, not an ethical person, and some of the the dealings with we had that we had with him were not at all kind or ethical. So I don't know that he was maybe conscious of transmitting you know, negative energy or having negativetivity work through him, but.
Speaker 2: He knew what kind of guy he was, right, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 2: As soon as you got away from him, did you feel better?
Speaker 3: I did. I felt immensely that as soon as I even just took, you know, a few steps away from him and got on the other side of the room, and it was it was kind of bizarre because without having to look at him, I knew where he was and I could tell that he was looking at me sometimes and I would turn around and there, you know, sure enough he was daring. But I did not even have to look at him to know the proximity of where he was in the room.
Speaker 2: Was he evil?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm gonna say yes. I mean, that's the only way to describe it. And I've encounted people like that before, thankfully, not very many in my lifetime. But I remember, like stupid example, but I remember being at a car dealership and there was a person walking around in the parking lot and I just I was instantly drawn to them. But it was for a really bad reason. I just felt like, this person has very evil energy, don't know why they're here, don't want anything to do with them. But you know, thankfully it hasn't happened very often. Unfortunately, it's happened within my own family, which happened in a lot of families.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the person with a bad energy was he an employee? What was he doing out there?
Speaker 3: I'm not even sure. I'm not even sure. I just remember seeing them. I don't I think it may have been someone potentially looking for a car, because I don't think it was an employee, but it just I don't know if it was a you know, a homeless person. And then to the ill person. Not that mentally ill people or evil, they're absolutely not, but it was just somebody who seemed very out of place and did not you know, ask anybody about it. I just was kind of like, Okay, I don't really want to deal with that, So we're going to think very positive thoughts and say the Lord's prayer to myself and just do a lot of things to make myself feel protected.
Speaker 2: And get out of there. Yes, exactly how important is that for you to get away from these people?
Speaker 3: I think it's essential. I know it's essential. And that's why it's so important to listen to your gut feelings. Sometimes those evil entities or really negative people are within our own families. That happened so often, and you may feel guilty or you may be made to feel like a bad person if you set boundaries, if you say it's not okay to treat me that way, or I can't have interactions with you, or I can't have my children around you, or I cannot be in this job. You know, I think it can make I know it can it can make people feel really awkward, and a lot of the time when I work with clients, it's around setting these boundaries with very difficult, negative family members who don't necessarily mean to be negative or narcissistic or even abusive, but it's often through trauma that that happens. And we can decide to address our traumas and get help and not live, you know, continue to live in a negative way, hurting people, or we can choose not to get help and kind of perpetuate that often, you know, family kind of.
Speaker 2: Trauma.
Speaker 1: You will listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more