Speaker 1: Welcome. In episode three one hundred and ninety nine of What's Driving the Grete presented it to you by Boost Mobile, which means tomorrow's Week fourteen gambling show is episode four one hundred. Let me check real quick in real time where we're at on YouTube. YouTube we are, oh this, I could screw everything up right now by going YouTube. We're still right around two hundred and twenty six thousand subscribers. We had a very ambitious goal of getting to for a two hundred and fifty thousand by the Super Bowl. I don't think that is going to happen, but it's still steady growth and we appreciate that. And we really appreciate everybody that sent us messages that we were part of their Spotify wrapped year end most listened to, So thank you, Thank you guys so much for that. And you're new to the show. Reminder of everybody, this is a full blown kind of you know, internet TV show, if you will, in addition to a podcast. So there's a lot of production on the visual side. So if you want to subscribe on YouTube you haven't checked us out there, we appreciate it. And if you regularly watch on YouTube, but also want to be able to watch or listen to us if you can't get through a whole episode or you know, on a commute or something. iTunes and Spotify. We really do appreciate that as well, and it helps us out a great deal. Demans, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing fantastic, Pops, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. We are approaching the one month birthday I guess of Mila, so you know, yeah, month day, there you go. So that's coming up in five days. And this is terrible.
Speaker 2: Four because it was Monday, and I'm just thinking Monday is four days away. The Monday not four days away.
Speaker 1: Definitely, Monday is four days away. You're definitely tripping though on a bunch of front. She was not born on a Monday. I understand for you.
Speaker 2: It was fog of Oh, it was Sunday. It was it was it was a long, long yeah.
Speaker 1: But also that's not really like the it's not gonna be Sunday to Sunday because that's just twenty eight days, so like her the but regardless, that's coming up, still coming back at work, back here, parenting the whole nine. So we've got all that going on. A ton to get to today with the single biggest NFL weekend of the year. We're gonna get into that sum today and some and tomorrow's show. Also, we will do whittling down the twenty five Hall of Fame semi finalist two hour five to actually make the Hall of Fame something we remarkably went perfect on the last time we did it. We went five for five with it. Would shocked me as much as anybody because that's a damn near impossible thing to predict unless it's no brainers. But there's never no brainers because so many guys feel like no brainers. So we'll do that, and we will start the show with is Jannis finally going to be traded? But before we get to that, straight to voicemail presented to you by Boost Mobile. Terrence Crawford stripped of his WBC title because he wouldn't pay some sanctioning fees. It's so stupid. Listen, I'm not gonna I haven't researched this enough to know if Terrence is in the wrong, But even if he's in the wrong, I'm on bud side. Like the guys. The biggest star boxing has had in a decade. It's awesome that he has all these championship belt someone else pay those fees. Lakers Celtics preview. We're not going to get to that. However, I will say, you know, Luca in Slovenia for the birth of his child reportedly, which was a little surprising that the mother of his child doesn't live here. I think it's his girlfriend. I should have researched this more in the States, but regardless, so he's gonna miss some Dina Celtics playing really well and the Clippers move on from Chris Paul in embarrassing, very clipperish fashion. And I understand that it would appear Lawrence Frank has just a ton of friends in the media. But at some point someone be like, oh, he's been running that team for a decade, has had limitless resources in a huge market, and they've never competed for anything. This year's team has been an embarrassment from the word go. They did create a dynasty potentially, but it's in Oklahoma City. Like anybody gonna be like, hey, Lawrence Frank, let's check the Ledger on good move, bad move, franchise altering, disaster move, and you guys can't figure out I understand, if you guys were good and Chris Paul was a nuisance, it's one thing. But when you're five and sixteen to be like, yeah, Chris Paul's been a pain in the ass behind the scenes. Well maybe he's just listen to him, like, what's the worst gonna happen if for him just being like, ah, we'll try it Chris his way. So there's that reminder everybody like rate subscribe to you demons, let's talk you honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So on Tuesday, we talked about how impossible it was for Giannis to be catching Lebrono in that all time season points. Today we're gonna be talking about how possible it is that he's leaving Milwaukie. Do you think that's gonna eventually happen? His agent and the Bucks are talking about his future there. Janna seems a little fake too, What do you mean? I don't know. I feel like he says one thing and he always means another thing. Like I feel like he did the same thing with the like Drew Holiday trade. I feel like he did the same thing with this offseason. Anything he wants to be there and like he kind of hasn't wanted to be there the entire time.
Speaker 1: So this kind of goes back to the Lane Kiffen thing. It's very important in life to learn at an early age. Nobody gets everything. Nobody gets everything, and there is there are trade offs that adults have to make where they do the old cliche pros and cons list, and you determine what matters most to you and what will make you happiest and act accordingly. And when you say Yannis has seemed a little fake, what I think is causing that is he wants to be beloved in Millilwaukee and doesn't want to play for Milwaukee anymore, and he I think recognizes those two things might be in conflict. Now, I don't think he would ever be reviled or hated in Milwaukee at large. He's a franchise legend. He delivered them their only championship since Kareem there. You know, he has been a great NBA citizen and an even greater NBA player or vice versa, however you want to look at it. He's one of the twenty greatest players ever. All of that is that cement is dry, but I think he understands that. In whatever is left of his prime, which could be, you know, up to four years. Maybe he might have that much longer in his prime. This buck seems not going to be able to compete for anything. They have mortgaged and second mortgaged and taken out payday loans on the future, and those bills have all slowly but surely come do. And so I think it's pretty clear he does want out, and I think it's also pretty clear he doesn't know exactly how to do that, because he doesn't want to just straightforward to a trade demand. But we are inching towards it, so in today's NBA, and by the way, it should also be noted, last night it looked like he might have suffered a catastrophic injury, the dreaded non contact look back did someone kick me reaction, which everybody these days knows that is part and parcel with an achilles tear. But we've now had back to back big time athletes in a couple of weeks have that exact reaction to what appears to be that injury, and for both of them it was the far less serious but still very scary calf strain to what happened with Sauce Gardner. A couple of weeks ago and to I'm with Giannis last night, and so I talked with Uh, yeah, I'm allowed to say this. I actually oddly randomly, Uh no, I'm not gonna say who it was. I talked with one of the greatest athletes ever, uh, in real time about Tyrese Haliburton's achilles right when it happened, and that what that person said was in our game, the calf strain is the new I think he said acl not in that you're out of year with it, but it's the most dreaded injury. And it's because there's no way this again, this was this guy's opinion, but he would know there's no way to rehabit. You simply have to stay off it. So I think Yannis, like, here's the thing that I think is noteworthy and why I wanted to start with this. It is very possible that last night was Yannis's last game with the Bucks. That's on the board. I might even go as far as to say it's the most likely reality because if he has to miss weeks, maybe up to a month with a calf strain, and obviously he and Milwaukee are going to want to be incredibly cautious with this, then come December fifteenth, you know, that's eleven days away, and that's when everybody who signed this offseason is eligible to be traded. More people are eligible to be traded starting the beginning of January, and this just could happen in the next month. And at this point, I think it is going to happen.
Speaker 2: In the next month. Where do you think will be the best landing spot for him?
Speaker 1: So ESPN credit to them, did a good job putting together five trades. And this is why I'm I really want to credit them, because with the new CBA and the aprons, it is very difficult to construct trades that actually work. So these five ESPN trades, Bobby Marx has given them the stamp of yes, the CBA would allow it. The off the board most interesting one that I actually think might be the most win win, have a chance to compete, go on deep playoff runs, and you could sell it to both fan bases, and sadly is the least likely to happen is Giannis to the Hawks. So here is ESPN's trade, as follows Jannis and Cole Anthony for salary reasons for Trey Young and Resa Shay. So the number one overall pick from a couple of years ago in Resa Shay, Trey Young, who's got a couple of years left on his deal, and then some really juicy picks, most notably the first round pick the Pelicans traded to the Hawks, which, keep in mind, here's why that trade is so interesting for Milwaukee. That first round pick the Pelicans traded to the Hawks, demons is the better of New Orleans is picked this year or Milwaukee's pick this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: Would right, what Milwaukee would then allow for is if by trading Yannis you fall apart in the short term, you then have the Pelicans ping pong balls and your own ping pong balls, right, and whichever is the best of those two, you get that pick in this draft. Atlanta also has twenty twenty seven first round pick top four protected in this trade. That is again, well, this is the worst of the Pelicans in the Bucks, but maybe you could sweeten it to the better of and then a couple other picks. So that to me is really interesting. If you keep Jalen Johnson, you keep Dyson, uh, Milwaukee then can maybe flip Trey Young as well. And Resa Schey was the number one pick of a draft and Atlanta, which has proven they're just as good with or without Trey Young this season, maybe better without him. Janis Jalen Johnson, Porzingis when he's out there. It's a very interesting team in a wide open East and with flexibility moving forward. So that's the one that makes the most sense for everybody. I don't know that I think that one is realistic in that I don't know if that's something Yannis would sign off on. Yeah, and but I think that's the best Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Can and doesn't it. It has seemed like Yannis has wanted to play for a big market team so the way that he talks, and that might right.
Speaker 1: And Atlanta is bigger than Milwaukee obviously, but it's not like the Marquee market. I also think Atlanta is more attractive to American born NBA stars than international So I think that. But from a basketball perspective, you stay in the Eastern Conference, the team keeps really good pieces. I think there's a lot of reasons for it. The next ra ESPN brings up, it's the one we talked about all summer, which was Yannis to the Rockets. Here's the thing, so this is Yannis and his brother for Shoon and Van Vliet, who's obviously out for the year with an injury, and one first round pick. I don't love this for either team. Yeah, to be totally honest, I don't think that's quite enough. Demon's if you're Milwaukee. As much as I love I love Shoon, that's to me not enough because you've traded away so many of your own future picks, like you need more draft capital. And if I'm Houston, I'm like, man, I'm all of a sudden getting really old, Like I already have Durant. Now I'm adding a guy in year thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yah, I promise, yeah right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. Right now as is, we have the number one offense in all of basketball and we're doing it without a point guard because Shingoon kind of plays that. So that's just if I'm Houston. And the other thing is if I'm in the West this year, I don't know that I want to push all my chips in this year because I might feel like, Okayc's just sitting there anyway. So I loved that this offseason, I don't love it as much now that the next tray ESPN had, And again I usually like to make my own trades, but the CBA is so restrictive and there's only a handful of teams that this would make sense for that It didn't make sense for me. I would have come up with these. Everybody's talking about these same four or five teams, and if we're talking about the same teams, we're all gonna be talking about the same players. So I'll just give Kevin Pelton and Bobby Marks their their credit for getting this out there and crib off their work. The next one de Mond's is the Knicks Yannis and Sims again for salary reasons. Sims back to New York, by the way, for Karl Anthony, Towns collect Diadet. So it's really Yannis for Towns plus a twenty twenty six first round pick that won't be a first round pick because it's the Wizard's pick that's top eight protected, and where are the Wizards? So like that that one's that's a fake good pick. Like let me just look at the standings real quick. Yeah, the Wizards where I thought they would be, where they always are dead last. So that that that the and then some pick swaps and and just really just pick swaps so that's the problem. The problem for Milwaukee getting to getting Yannis Demons, I'm sorry the Knick's getting Yannis is it's really just Yannis for Towns straight up, with likely no extra picks, Right man, that's a tough cell. Yeah, that's a really tough sell if you're Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead. Well, yeah, I was gonna say, and you might. I think Karl Anthony Towns is the better shot. Obviously is the more physical, imposing player, but is a.
Speaker 1: Way better player.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it would change.
Speaker 1: You would lose shooting, you would lose some spacing, there's no doubt about it. But if the Knicks could flip Towns for Giannis, and that's the only rotation pieces they're trading, they become the overwhelming Eastern Conference favorites over the Jalen Brunson and Gianni's running pick. Like, there's overwhelming. I just they traded all those picks away for Bridges. And so the only way Yannis goes there is if he says that's the only place I want to go, and Milwaukee bends to it. So there's two more the Spurs. They can include a bunch of picks, and again, it would be a real negotiation. Are you including Castle or are you including uh Dylan Harper? Are you are we trading dearon Fox. That's the one that if if I were Milwaukee, I would be interested in if I could get Harper instead of Castle, And if I were san Antonio, I might look at it like this, Man.
Speaker 2: I do not know.
Speaker 1: How long Wimby's prime is gonna be. Like I think that is. I think because of his size and already the injury stuff, I think that like you can't treat with MBI's timeline like Cooper Flags or like.
Speaker 2: A traditional Basically when it comes to trading, I can actually think about putting him in or.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, I'd never trade him. What I'm saying is, I'm saying I think sometimes when you have a great really young players not yet to his prime, you're like, let's wait to make the move.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're saying, like move now, back now.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, accelerate. I'm saying I'm saying, if you're san Antonio, it might make sense to accelerate because you don't know if in ten years what you know your best chance to win might be right. You know, the next four years or something, so that to me is an interesting one. But again, does Yannis want to go uh from Milwaukee to San Antonio? And does Yannis want to spend the end of his prime as maybe the second guy on a team? I don't know. And then the last one is Golden State, which I just don't understand why Milwaukee would do this. This is Draymond, Kaminga and Healed, none of which are at this point in their careers useful players like at a high level without Steph without you know, somebody that creates the offense. Draymond's super useful in his role, but on a bad team. And then a bunch of first round picks. I totally get why the Warriors would do this, but I don't. I don't. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: And I feel like Draymond going to another team that definitely stunts a much longer tas in.
Speaker 1: The league, I think they'd buy Yeah, and I you know Draymond, you would then maybe flip Draymond to a contender that could want because he's Draymond's still super useful if you're playing big basketball games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all that stuff, but yeah.
Speaker 1: And so and if I'm Milwaukee, I don't know that I want a bunch of first round picks from Golden State when I know Golden State's got that ownership, that coach, and going to have Giannis even when Steph is gone. So Atlanta is the best trade. Houston's the most interesting. The Knicks are far and away the worst trade and would only happen if Jannis demands it and and Milwaukee Acquiesces and then I don't see the Warriors and the Spurs. One really depends on how aggressive the Spurs.
Speaker 2: Want to be.
Speaker 1: So but I think Giannis. My big takeaway Demons is I think we now it is more likely than not that the next game, because of the injury last night, the next game Yannis plays in the NBA will be for a different team, which is crazy. Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. Big News. Hard Rock Bet is now live in Michigan. Sign up today, plays your first five dollars sports bet. If it wins, you get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets on top of your winnings, and if you're more into casino games, new customers can get up to one thousand dollars back in casino bonus if you're not up money after your first twenty four hours playing slots, win money or getting casino bonus back, Plus you also get two hundred bonus spends winnings paid in cash. Not sure what to place your first bet on, head over to hard Rock Bet Stats Hub will help you out. It's loaded with trend streets and stats to help guide your picks. Numbers don't lie, and neither does the data in there. Check out the SATs up now get the edge so you can bet with confidence. Plus, hard Rock Bet offers new promos daily plus big legendary reward drops every Thursday like gifts under the tree, So whenever you're listening, open the app. Check out what you've got waiting for you. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit. Payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC in all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concern about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight eight admit it. In Indiana, if you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, let's talk about tonight's football game.
Speaker 2: Demansey and Jerry Jones is already talking playoffs. But they have the Lions tonight, and if they play Lions and they lose the playoff, what do you call it? The playoff simulator that's putting it to under ten percent that they make it if they lose tonight. Do you think we're done talking about Dallas for this season?
Speaker 1: I don't, and here's why. So it's very simple. Dallas needs two more wins than Philly the rest of the way in order to steal the division. So if Dallas goes five and zero and Philly goes three and two, Dallas wins the division three and two or worse. Obviously, if Dallas goes four and one and Philly goes two and three, Dallas steals the division even If the Cowboys lose tonight, they then go home Vikings home Chargers tough at the Commander's short week Christmas, don't know, you know what the Commanders will look like at that point, should have Jayden back, and then at Giants. I think the Cowboys, even if they lose tonight, have a chance to go four and one, and Philly, on the other hand, has a handful of Oh well, given how they've been playing, they could lose that at the Chargers Monday night, obviously they could lose home for the Raiders, you can't lose, but then at Washington at the Bills, and then home for Washington. So even if the Cowboys lose tonight, I don't think we're gonna be done talking about them, even though at that point, if they lose tonight, they're gonna have to basically, you know, draw to an inside straight. But I think they've got they would have, like you said, ten percent chance, maybe a little better than that, because I do think the Cowboys are playing at a super high level right now. So here are and I expect the Lions to win tonight. I just think asking a team to beat Philly, beat Kansas City, then beat Detroit the last of which is on the road. Is a hell of an asque. And the Lions are you know, they haven't lost too in a row since like Dan Campbell's first year there. They've been incredible. They've been the best team in the league at bouncing back from losses. And you mentioned if they lose, the Athletic Playoff predictor has them as the Cowboys at ten percent. If the Lions lose, the Athletic Playoff Predictor has them at twelve percent. So and they don't have just one team in front of them in the division that they would need to collapse. They have the Packers Bears in front of them in the division and those teams play each other twice, so either one of them is going to go to an O or they're gonna split. So you know they are as they sit here today, Demonse, the Lions are four percent to win that division and with a loss, it's basically dead to win the division. Now, I think the Lions win tonight, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, I think he's going to be pretty frisky.
Speaker 1: Well, the Cowboys look great, Dak is playing out of his mind, and Dak with a great performance tonight and a win can maybe open up the MVP race to a third. Yeah, right now, it's Stafford and May. But Dak. If Joe Burrow last year ended up getting votes and finishing fourth or fifth for a team that missed the playoffs, if Dak gets this team back from the dead and they end up, you know, running down Philadelphia and winning the division, then I think he might be you know him. Stafford and May will be a real discussion, And I think what people will say is Stafford's got a great defense. May's got a really good defense. The Cowboys defense the first ten weeks of the year was a train wreck, and so that's how they will offset the records of those two guys. I just it's hard for me to believe demon say that the Lions season is going to end tonight. It's not hard for me to believe the Cowboys. Listen, the Cowboys, they traded Micah. They you know, they've lost some bad games. They're hot right now. But are the are the Lions going to in what is supposed to be their championship window flat you know, miss the playoffs this year, which would then mean in consecutive years they win a grand total of zero playoff games. They're gonna go from up seventeen in the conference championship game to the one seed and getting clocked in their first playoff game to out of the playoffs entirely. And by the way, even if they win tonight they might do that. Like if they win tonight it is and and they lose next week to the Rams, they're back down to thirty five percent to make the playoffs and the Lions. The Lions basically have to go four and one the rest of the way to make the postseason. If they do that, then they almost assuredly should be in. If they don't, then they almost assuredly are out. Their games are home Cowboys at the Rams, Homestealers at the Vikings, at the Bears. It's not easy, man, And so I don't let me check. Oh I saw it yesterday. A monro Saint Brown is listed as questionable the I think obviously they yeah, I think he's gonna play. And so if he were out, with Laporta already out and some of the other injuries they have, that might be enough to push me to Dallas. With him playing, I and the fact that I just don't Dallas has looked amazing. I'm you know, I saw it up close and personal. Dallas looked amazing the last couple of weeks. But the week before that, you know, they lost to Arizona. They have they got I forget the other game because they lost back to that games. But regardless, I don't I've got the Lions tonight. But if the Lions lose, they're just done and that would just kind of be going out with a whimper that I don't expect, even having lost the coordinators, which again every year we in the offseason we gloss over the coordinator losses. The Lions offense hasn't been the same without Ben Johnson, and the Bears offense running game has been unbelievable.
Speaker 2: With Ben Johnson, the.
Speaker 1: Lions defense has been fine, but they seem to miss Aaron Glenn and the Jets might want to give him back, but it's just it hasn't and Dan Campbell taking over play calling, didn't you know just snap fix everything? Are you thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen pro design to be the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about the hassle of getting to the store or what if you can't transfer all your data correctly. Well, good news. When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your homer work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchase at boost mobile dot com. Terms do apply, all right, demons, Let's talk Texans Chiefs.
Speaker 2: All right, So, big game for your boys this weekend, and it's coming up against that topering defense and the Texans. Uh Is it fair to say that this is the biggest regular season game of Patrick Balm's career.
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, and you know that's just gonna keep happening like the Then if they win or lose, next week's even bigger. Honestly, So if they win, then next week against the Chargers, you really have a chance to get back on your feet. So if the Chiefs win and they get to seven and six and critically to facto pass Houston in the standings because they'll both be seven and six, but Casey will have the head dad tiebreaker, and then you play the Chargers, you have a chance if Philly beats the Chargers to also then draw even with the Chargers and be eight and six with a Titans game coming up. A Raiders game is your final game of the year and feel like, Okay, you know we can salvage this thing. If you lose, then next week's game against the Chargers is a playoff game, and you kind of know deep down, even winning out, there's a very good chance it's not enough. So the Chiefs can make the playoffs. They will make the playoffs at if they run the table. They can make the playoffs at four and one, but who that one loss comes to is wildly influential. So if they go four and one again, I'll just use the athletic playoff predictor. If they go four and one but the losses to the Texans, they're forty percent to make the playoffs. If they go four and one but the losses to the Chargers, they're forty three percent to make the playoffs. If they go four and one but the losses to the Broncos, they're fifty three percent to make the playoffs. And that's because they're not trying one of the teams trying to take that last playoff spot. Isn't the Broncos, it's the Texans or the Chargers. So like the oddly the team that if they go four and one but the losses to the Titans, they're seventy percent to make the playoffs because that wouldn't be a divisional loss and the Titans don't matter. But regardless, point remains losing either. The next two weeks for Mahomes are the biggest regular season games of his career, which are obviously he's played in twenty one playoff games. He's seventeen to four in the playoffs. They're not you know they are. So they are the twenty second and twenty third biggest games of his career, but that's still something. Here's the thing though, all week long, Demons I've been talking about, and folks seen in the national media to also now be talking about that Chief's inability to get to the quarterback has been their problem third down defense. My pal Mina Kimes had this I'm gonna read directly from her Twitter. She had the stats from twenty tw twenty twenty four when the Chiefs blitzed, they ranked first in yards per play, second, in pressure rate, third, and sack rate first, second, third, when they blitzed over the last three years. This year in those same categories when they blitzed, they are thirty first, twenty eighth, thirty first. So they have gone from the best blitz team in the league to the worst blitz team in the league. Their third and long defense has gone from great to awful, and those are hand in glove directly correlated with that. Said Demonse, that's not my biggest concern for this game. My biggest concern go ahead.
Speaker 2: It's the whole line I imagine with that defense coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Josh Simmons is out. He's on the ir even if they make I don't know, you know, they haven't given us an indication on if they make the playoffs. Would he be back for a playoffer on god willing if they make the playoffs, I'd hope so they get but they've dealt without Josh Simmons. Jalen Moore is not as good as Josh Simmons, but they signed him this offseason. Simmons missed that time with the family issue. They've had someone else play left tackle this year and been okay, but Juwan Taylor is also injured. He did not practice yesterday. Trey Smith is also injured. He did not practice yesterday. If Josh Simmons and your right guard and your right tackle are out against this Texans team, it is going to take one of the most brilliant Andy Reid game plans of his life and a ten out of ten even by his standards, Patrick Mahomes performance to be able to move the ball. And so that's that's what I am here. Yeah. Now, now the flip side is this Texans offense has been really a mess all year and this is an opportunity for spags in that defense to cook a bit. But this would be my number thirty two draft pick of teams I would want to face with the offensive line in this shape and one you, Morris has just been so problematic his whole career. Now listen, he's your third string left tackle. Nobody has a good third string left tackle. But man, that is so that's my concern.
Speaker 2: You need the running backs to kind of step up in this game. Yes, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: But the I mean, the running backs don't need good blocking too. But yeah, this is a game where you would love if you could hand the ball off thirty five times, right, you would love it. I don't know that the Texans evens is just so good and so yeah, I'm concerned. Now hopefully Arrowhead Sunday night that crowd helps the defense, but I need to see the Thursday and Friday practice reports before I can give a because they can deal with Josh Simmons, won't be great any thing to deal with it. No Josh Simmons and no Jawan Taylor and no Tray Smith. That might be a bridge too far against this defense. All right, let's you know what, Let's get to Yeah, let's get to Eagles Chargers Demonsey.
Speaker 2: So as we talked about a little bit before, we know that your chiefs need a little bit of help from some other teams to make this playoff push a little bit easier to get to. So the Eagles were playing the Chargers and Justin Herbert's got a hand injury. I think he just got surgery, so he's day to day. So how's it gonna feel this weekend when you're rooting for the Eagles.
Speaker 1: It's gonna feel weird? Man. I don't even know, like because I it's not that I have like lifelong disliked the Eagles most of my life. I didn't really care about him. I did, however, I like Donovan because he was a Syracuse guy. I loved Vic when he was there. I did root for them in the Super Bowl against Brady just because it was fun seeing what Nick Foles was doing. But now they are you know, you play my team and a couple Super Bowls. Your fans regularly accost me on the street. And so I've been, you know, pretty ardently not a big fan of Philly, and I think I've been fair in that. I mean, their team goes three and out more than any team in the NFL the last decade. They clearly have some issues. Can you believe that statue?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's wild.
Speaker 1: They have the highest three and out rate of any team in the NFL in the last ten years. Yeah right, So all of that with that said, and maybe this is a little heart overhead, but I don't think think so because the Eagles are favorites. I I think the Eagles d line should be able to disrupt a battered Justin Herbert, assuming he plays enough that they can win that game with their defense alone, as bad as their offense has been. And man, oh man, do I need them to win that game now? We don't know. This is Monday. We're doing this Thursday morning. They're not. We're not going to get a real update on Herbert probably until the weekend. If Trey Lance beats the Eagles, it's a five alarm fire in Philly and it's devastating for the Chiefs. And I like Trey Lance. Yeah, and you know Harball has got something cooked up ready for him too. We saw him this offseason. All right, let's talk a little Hall of Fame here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we teased it on Tuesday. We ran out of time here, or we're gonna show that the Hall of Fame semifinalists. Who do you think is going to get in? Who are our picks this year?
Speaker 1: All right, so let's do this, and if you guys can keep a running tally in the dock, that would be helpful. Let's do this the way we did this before, which is, first, let me tell the audience who are new to the ballot. First ballot possibilities are Breeze Rivers, Frank Gore, Larry Fitzgerald, and Jason Witt. Okay, now let me tell the audience who was on the ballot last year and made the semifinals last year? Okay, or I'm sorry. Last year was a finalist, so got closed last year, Eli, Fred Taylor, Halt, Steve Smith, Reggie, Wayne Vint, Terry, Willie Anderson, Jarry Evans, Marshall, Yonda, Keikley Suggs, Darren Woodson. Now let me tell the audience folks that are semifinalists this year are not new to the ballot, and we're not finalists last year, hinz Ward, Lomas Brown, Richmond Webb, Steve Wisnowski, Robert Mathis, Vince will Fork, Kevin Williams, Rodney Harrison, Earl Thomas. Okay, we are going to snap do two things. We are going to snap say Breeze and Fitzgerald are in, so that's two of our five in. We are also going to snap, say Rivers, Gore, and Witten are not going to be first ballot guys. This is their first time on the ballot. Any of those guys might eventually make it, they're not making it this year, so we're going to eliminate those guys. By eliminating those guys, I am also going to eliminate finalists from last year, Fred Taylor, because I think Gore gets in before Fred Taylor. I think people think Gore had a better career than Fred Taylor. And if they're not gonna put Gore in, I don't think they're gonna put him in, So he's out. I am also going to say that Hines Ward, who was not a finalist last year, Lomas Brown, Richmond Webb, Mathis, will Fork, Williams, Rodney Harrison, and Earl Thomas. They didn't. They weren't finalists last year. I don't think in a stacked class they're gonna go from final it from not even a finalist to end. So they're out. So for three spots. That then leaves us quarterback Eli Manning, wide receivers Tory Halt, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne Kicker, Adam vinit Terry, offensive lineman Willie Anderson, jarr Evans Marshall, yonda linebackers Keithley and Suggs, and d back Darren Woodson. Okay, so there's that I am. I don't I don't necessary. I don't think this is gonna happen. But I do think when I'm looking at this, what would be kind.
Speaker 2: Of cool.
Speaker 1: Would be if they said Vinitari, will Fork, Rodney Harrison, you guys are gonna wait and if you're gonna get in, we're putting you in with Brady and kind of just having an entire class of the Patriots dynasty. I think that would be pretty cool. I don't think that's likely the way they're gonna go. So of those guys that we have not yet eliminated, I am now gonna take off. I'm gonna eliminate Steve Smith because I just don't think he's better than these other guys. I'm gonna eliminate Eli Manning because I don't think he was better than Philip Rivers. And that then leaves Tory Holt, Reggie Wayne, Adam Vin and Terry, Willie Anderson, Jarry Evans, Marshall, Yonda, Luke Keighley, Trell Suggs, and Darren Woodson I believe, and we already have Breeze and fits in, so we have three spots.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Luke Keighley gets in just too high of a peak, and I think it's undeniable how great he was. I think they are going to want to put in at least one offensive lineman, and I think it will be Willie Anderson. And in part that's because I don't think they want them all to be kind of relatively new, and then that would and you know what, I think they are going to put Vinetarian with Brady. I think they're gonna make him.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're gonna put in multiple wide receivers, so Halt and Reggie Wayne are out. I don't think they're gonna put in multiple offensive linemen. So that then means it comes down Toterrell Suggs and Darren Woodson. And I think that so Keikley is gonna have the argument of my peak was so insane. I played eight years. I was a five time first team All Pro, two times second team All Pro, and a defensive Player of the Year. I think Terrell Suggs's argument would be I also was a defensive Player of the Year. I won a couple Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: I want it?
Speaker 1: Do I have it here? How many total career sacks he had? I have one hundred and thirty nine career sacks. And I think that rather than directly compare the two, they put them both in. So Terrell Suggs, sorry, Darren Woodson is not in. So Brees, Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald, Luke Keikley, and Darrell Suggs along with offensive lineman Willie Anderson. That is my projection for this year's Hall of Fame. I love doing this exercise. I'll never go four for four again. I also want to go ahead and plant my flag on I think it'd be pretty damn cool if they could find a way to get a Patriots class. So the problem is gonna be that Gronk is gonna be eligible before Tom. Gronk's final year was twenty twenty one. Tom's final year was twenty twenty two. But if just maybe you could and Gronk deserves to be first ballot with a bullet, but Vince will Fork, Rodney Harrison are deserving at some point to be Hall of Famers. Adam Vint Terry at some point will get in. Gronk is eligible next year. If you could just tell Gronk wait one year and we're gonna have the first ever one team class with Brady, that would be pretty sick. Uh, and just the Patriot dynasty sweep the board. I think that'd be pretty sick. We should put this on the internet since Wilde is turning me back into a Patriots hater, so all the Patriot fans know I respect what they did. I'm planning my flag on. I came up with the idea, convince Gronk that it's not an insult. He's not first ballot. He's gonna have to wait one more one extra year, and then everybody goes in with Tom Gronk, Vinitari will fork Rodney Brady, and that's your Hall of Fame class in twenty twenty eight. That'd be pretty sick, all right. So here's what we've got to do. Got to do our gambling show. So we're gonna step aside. We're gonna end this show. We are then demons and I are going to stay exactly where we are, and we are going to bring you our red hot with teasers and with my picks. Week fourteen Gambling Show that's next. We will talk to you guys for that tomorrow. I'll see you guys on TV later today. A reminder, everybody like Grate subscribe review to the channel. We greatly appreciate that, and shout out to Blue Docks, shout out to Volume, shout out to hard Rock, bet Boost, and of course our friends at Zen. Talk to you guys tomorrow for the Week fourteen Gambling Show