Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, and welcome to another edition of Triple Tank, brought to you by up MC. I'm Mike Pursuda from Steelers dot Com and the Steelers Audio Network, joined on the far left by Matt Williamson from Steelers Nation Radio and Steelers dot Com. The guy in the middle. I'm sure everyone recognizes the great Rob King play by play voice and the Steelers interviewer extraordinaire.
Speaker 2: Rob Welcome, Thank you, glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Rob is here because Dale Lawllie, who's usually a part of these programs with Matt and myself, is a little banged up. We've got Dale on the reserve injured list. Now, Matt, correct me if I'm wrong. We have two weeks to get him to talk and write, and then if we like it, we reactivate him. If we got a lot of faith in Dale, we are here to provide for you mock Draft two point zero. And before we get to that, I want to remind everyone that the opinions expressed here in are the opinions of myself, Matt, and Rob King, not the Pittsburgh Steelers. But we do have opinions, and I'm really interested in getting to those, But first got to take a minute. Both of you guys were lucky enough to attend the combine. Yeah, and I'm curious, Matt will start with you, just your observations. Did it play out the way you thought it would? Were there any major surprises or anything really gets your attention.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I always make the joke when I'm at the combine, I don't get to watch the combine, you know, so I catch up with it when I get home. A lot less participation lately, you know, a lot of these guys aren't running shuttles and three cones and things like that. Only three quarterbacks ran forties, so a lot of these guys are holding it for their pro day. And I don't know, maybe that's the reflection of the playoff system.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Some of these guys are going later into the season, you know, a lot of guys aren't in the Senior Bowl. Just seemed like there was less buzz in the combine than usual, but that's still very buzzy spot.
Speaker 1: Rob, you split a fair amouney your time in Indianapolis talking to some pretty important people here with the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fun to talk to Omar Khan and Sheldon White and Dan Colbert get their insights on what the team is trying to do in the off season. And also, this is the first time I've been to a combine. This is like Combine Royalty right here. Matt Williams, he's going around the room. He's he's getting guests. People are hauling him onto shows. He's bringing people onto our shows. Everybody knows who he is. We're seeing all these guys are like, Hey, Matt, I don't want to age you here, but hey, I used to listen to you when I was a kid. Were getting to that age, you know. Yeah, but when we get my granddad loved you, right, and then we're getting up there. But but no, it was great being with Matt and the rest of the crew and Max Starks and West and Dale and and learning a lot and just you know, kind of getting the buzz. It was an exciting time.
Speaker 1: Now to Omar Sheldon or Danny revealed to you who the Steelers intensive.
Speaker 2: Drift, Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wouldn't tell us if they had was.
Speaker 2: Done by they had told me that now that they didn't tell them.
Speaker 1: The format is the same as we've been running for a while here on Steelers dot Com. We take the first round in segments of ten. I know there are thirty two picks and it doesn't quite work out that way, but it's basically divvied up in the thirds. So we will give you one by one what we think for a further review. Second look, the first round might wind up looking like in Matt Let's start with you many changes on this initial or second Excuse me top ten.
Speaker 3: Not to take the low hanging fruit, but I'm feeling stronger and stronger that the first player selected is going to be cam Ward. Now I don't know if it's going to be the Titans. It's select them. We're not allowed to do trades raiders. One of the New York teams could certainly get to one, but history shows that's almost always a quarterback. And the other one I wanted to touch on too is I feel really strongly at eight the Carolina is going to be really aggressive, trying to improve their defense. You know, last offseason they build around their first overall quarterback. This is the offseason. I think it's time to get the defensive side of the ball in.
Speaker 1: Order you have any changes from last time.
Speaker 3: Here and there not a ton in the top ten.
Speaker 1: Rob Let's take a look at your one through ten. Now this is your first crack at it. What do you feel strongly about here