Speaker 1: To our remove going Deep Spiegals Pass from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 2: He's got my hands in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: What is up Dolphins? And welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfeld. And on today's show, we are going to hear from three more players from your Miami Dolphins. We're going to the offensive line. Austin Jackson and Patrick Paul will join me in a breakdown heading into the twenty twenty four campaign and much much more. Plus we go to the other side of the football and the guys. Those guys are trying to block in rookie Muhammad Kamara from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Drive Time Podcast.
Speaker 3: Maie Gaffish.
Speaker 1: Let's go first, that's the rule. Let's go ahead and welcome in my guest today that Dolphins a great right tackle Austin Jackson joining us now on the Draft Time Podcast is Dolphins right tackle. I guess just a tackle right and Austin Jackson. Austin, welcome in, man. How you doing today?
Speaker 4: Man? Doing well? Doing well? How about yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm great. It's always good to talk to you. We came into this thing the same year. We've talked about it that before, but it's year five. Man, Yeah, is that crazy to you?
Speaker 3: It is crazy. It's crazy and it's exciting. But I look back and I'm like, oh my gosh, I can't believe this is your five already.
Speaker 1: I know it goes so fast. It goes by so fast. And speaking of that, you know, first couple years of your career, you play some left tackle, some right tackle, you play some guard. Twenty twenty two you get a chance to kind of solidify that right tackle spot. And what was it the first quarter?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: We get injured, first quarter, rolled my ankle up really bad, Grade two strain. Actually got put on an ir right away, right. And then I'm rehabbing from that injury. And as I'm coming back to practice that week, we're playing the Vikings at home, and I strained my calf that same week, the same leg, same leg or no opposite leg. They call it the compensation injury. So I strained the opposite leg, and then I rehab that, get off, I r I'm ready to come back. Week ten, Week eleven, we're gonna make a playoff push, you know. And then that same game in the third quarter, we're playing the Texans in twenty twenty two, third quarter, I get hit again, roll my ankle again, but it's as much worse as time. My coaches look at it or my trainers look at it, and they're saying, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Needs surgical word done for the year.
Speaker 4: Done for the year.
Speaker 3: So a small hiccup in my third year, which is one of the biggest years, you know, especially for a first rounder. But you know, everything that happened to happen here we are, got healthy and got into the best shape of my life from that so great.
Speaker 1: I remember watching you when when that injury first happened in the Patriots game, the opener, and like you were kind of like testing it out, and I was like, ah, that's that's usually a bad sign when the guys trying to test the limits of what he can do, because it's like, I think you played like one more snap and then you probably you had to know it right away, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tried to do one more snap and almost fell on my face.
Speaker 1: So that's that's gotta be. Like, you know, if I injured a hand then I can't type anymore. That's a big deal for me, your entire livelihood, your body, and you're going through a situation where again I talk about like you jump around little bit. You finally have a home at right tackle. Mentally, Take me through what that was like, man, because that had to have been really difficult to deal.
Speaker 3: With, right, Yeah, it was a lot to deal with, but I was. I was grateful throughout it all. My experience in twenty twenty two helped me too, just because I had wanted to play football so bad and I just had external forces prohibiting me from doing what I wanted, you know, But finally having the opportunity and being at right tackle, I was just really glad to get back in the groove of competing and performing, you know how the starter position on the offensive line, and just keep getting better every week. You know, That's my favorite part.
Speaker 1: About the season, is getting better every single week, every single week. Right, And So, how does did you feel that kind of coming into play last year? Like from where you were in Week one to the wild card game in Kansas City, do you feel like you made a lot of strides from that time?
Speaker 3: Definitely, I definitely do think I made a lot of strides because the nature of you know, football in the NFL, it's ever changing, and just being able to have the opportunity to play and get better it helps.
Speaker 4: You a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the way I look at it, and I'm really glad I got to experience that.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the training of overcoming the jury from twenty twenty two kind of put you in a position to be in the best shape of your life. Is that that's what you said, right, Yes, So how did that benefit you? And just I guess take us through that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I got injured in my ankle. It's my third lower extremity and injury and like the all in one year, one season, so not even a year. And with the system we have there's a lot more running. It's not your usual pro style offense. It's more so it's more spread out with a lot of other stuff as you can see. And the choice to just lose weight and really focus in on a routine that allowed my body to perform daily.
Speaker 4: That was the main focus. And I'm glad I found that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all are, man, it was really cool. And then and then I guess it kind of culminates her. You know, you finish out the season and the most important part of the games. But the extension comes in November. I want to say it was Tell me about that, man, how how good did that feel? And just tell us about that moment.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was a crazy experience. You know, I'm I'm training to be the best tackle on the Dolphins, you know, throughout the year, and then you know, in the midst of that, you know, the extension comes. I wasn't I'm not going to say I was not expecting it, but it did come as a surprise when it did came.
Speaker 4: So it was just really exciting.
Speaker 3: I'm really glad for the opportunity, really thankful to be here.
Speaker 4: It's very exciting.
Speaker 1: This is one of the most cliche questions somebody can ever ask, but I gotta ask it because I'm just curious myself. You just go buy something, What was it? What was the first big purchase you made after that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: The first big purchase? Oh, I would say the first big purchase was I took my family to Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Okay, good deal.
Speaker 3: I took my family to Hawaii, but we enjoyed it. We went to the Big Island. Okay, well, yeah, we stayed in like WAYI and I on the west, the west side, they call it.
Speaker 4: So he was beautiful. I would say that was a big purchase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll that'll do. I mean that's uh. I'm West Coast guy as well, so I've been to Hawaii a few times and my wife, actually my wife and I got married in Hawaii, so we we hold that place very near and dear to our hearts. That's where they filmed Jurassic Park.
Speaker 5: It's yes, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, No, no, no, I was gonna say we went to Cool Island, Cooler Ranch, but.
Speaker 4: It's just like a tost spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, they filmed some of Jurassic Park. I mean, I'm not sure about all of it.
Speaker 1: It's so gorgeous. It's it's the most beautiful backdrop in the entire world. Now, I come out here and it's like the waves on the East Coast. Man, they doing it for me the same way the West Coast does in Hawaii.
Speaker 4: Uh, Hawaii is in its own category, for sure.
Speaker 1: Definitely is that. Then you get southern California, which you spent some time there as well.
Speaker 4: California's competing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's right up there. Let's uh, let's let's finish with some more football here. So, you know, coinciding with your breakout year last year, coach Butch Barrier arrives and we've talked about this a little bit. You and I just you know, in passing, but I just wanted to explain to Dolphins fans what he meant to your career and just how valuable Butch has been to the offensive line room.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's been a lot to you know, my career in the offensive line room. You know, he's a coach that takes his job very seriously. It's very detailed oriented and execution oriented, but also is able to hold a He's able to keep all of us to a standard of being at our best, you know, recognizing our best, finding the tools to tell us how to stay at our best, and then you know, keeping us there. And you know, not everyone will take the steps to maximize your best and then hold you accountable. So I think he does a great job of that. He's done a great job with helping me transition into this offense. Yeah, he's been in it for a long time, coaching in it. He has a lot of confidence in it. So it's been great to you know, have someone with a lot of knowledge and just it must. But I don't know how long Butch has been coaching, but he's got a lot of experience.
Speaker 4: You can tell he's been around the block. Definitely.
Speaker 1: He's fun to watch coach too. Man, I love the passion that he shows up. Well, you can hear from the stands when you guys are on the other side of the field and we're way over here on the other side of the field watching. You know, I think they have like DB's in front of us most of the days, but you guys are on the other side. I can still hear Butch from from very far away exactly. Yeah, but the sun had on and the who the whole get up, it's a whole persona. Okay, So we talked about the kind of shape you got into. You know, I've seen beat guys have talked about like Austin Jackson looks like a d n You just you just don't look like a typical offensive lineman. Sometimes guys in your position group they have guts, right, you don't have a gut. And so I'm curious because every time I watched d Lineman on micd up shows whatever it's NFL film, whatever it is, They're always coming after you guys for being too big, right, fat guys? What do they say to you? Because they can't say that to you.
Speaker 4: They don't say anything exactly.
Speaker 1: What are they gonna say.
Speaker 3: Fighting power, talking power, you know, unless it's technique.
Speaker 4: But that's about it.
Speaker 1: Well it's pretty good last year too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting you say that most people are surprised that I play offensive line. Yeah, even outside of football, Like take your person with you know, just your average football knowledge.
Speaker 4: You ask me, are you a linebacker? Are you a defensive end?
Speaker 3: That's right, and telling my playoffensive line is it's a fun conversation.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know the whole six six right, Yes, that might do it too. I think that that probably plays a part. Austin, you're the best man. I appreciate you so much for your time today, and I enjoy the rest of the day.
Speaker 4: Man appreciate And.
Speaker 1: There he goes. Really good stuff with Austin. As always, let's go ahead and take our first break. Come back on the other side, and welcome in the God's trying to get pressure on those off offensive tackles. Rookie fifth round draft pick from Colorado State, Mohammed Kamara that's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by a donation one of guys, Travis Wingfield here a Draft Time podcast. Another player guest on the show today, Dolphin's rookie edge pass rusher, defensive vent outsidelnebacker. Wherever the hell they call you, guys, what are they called edges these days?
Speaker 6: Just damn athlete, damn athlete, man, God, damn athlete, that's what the hell.
Speaker 1: I am a guy that can go dunk a basketball and maybe hit a home I can't those two things.
Speaker 5: No, no, are you not going to see me above the room.
Speaker 1: Below the rim camara, Hey, what did I jump?
Speaker 5: I jumped like a what did I jump?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I brought it eleven? No ten? I mean ten three or something like.
Speaker 1: That side of the gym right there. That's pretty good, man.
Speaker 5: Oh I jumped a thirty four and a half.
Speaker 1: That's not You're not dunking with that? I thank you.
Speaker 5: No, No, No, I can dunk a tennis ball, not a real got to hoop up back.
Speaker 1: We can go check it out now.
Speaker 5: I made football player.
Speaker 1: That's what we want you here for. Yeah, let's go ahead and talk about that here real quick. So coming from Colorado State and we talked a little bit about your experience there before I jump on the podcast. Here, I won't go into the Washington State game.
Speaker 5: Go coops.
Speaker 1: Just that's all gonna do real quick.
Speaker 5: Can I curse?
Speaker 1: I got edited out if you do.
Speaker 4: But go ahead.
Speaker 1: That's gonna play so good in my podcast the Cooks.
Speaker 5: Hey, oh you know who I was training over there in Arizona.
Speaker 6: I was over there with my two good friends, Number ten, Brian Jackson and number eight. Yeah, shout out to them. Yeah, shout out to them, boys. Man, let's go shout out to the r J Brand and Jackson.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I hope they do well. Man, those my guys right there.
Speaker 1: They were fun to watch for for for a fan, for sure, as a alumni.
Speaker 6: It's crazy because I watched their highlights. I was like, oh okay, I see yeah, now they was wrecking some people. I mean, but when I played them, I had yeah, you know, you know too, when I had sex, you know, strip sack, you know, beating up camp war the deal not crazy.
Speaker 1: We get a chance to go watch cam Woard this year across the street at the at the heart Rock City. In the game, I think they play Florida State here, I could be right anyway, Les, Let's let's move on here. I want to talk to you about someone else that also went to Colorado State and Shack Barrett. I know you've probably asked by him a lot, but I just want to go ahead and just ask you how cool it was for you to be here with another guy that was also at the same school as you and was so dominant. You know, had the path where he was kind of overlooked as a a collegiate, gets an NFL and becomes a star pass pressure Like, how is how important I have to have that.
Speaker 4: For you here?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: He made it.
Speaker 6: It's not just him. You also got the Joey Joey Porters of the world. Those guys made it. They crawl so I can walk. That's how I look at it, you know what I mean. So uh, he had a Defensive Player of the Year. I got Defensive Play of the Year. And you know, the film speaks for itself. He does a great job. He does a great job of always getting to the quarterback and even our coach, even our coach right now, Coach Crow Like, he still shows us Shack Barry's highlights, you know, because he has so many forced fumbles because he's so aggressive on the ball and on the quarterback. So excuse me, you know, from him going from Colorado State into continuing to do that in the league, you know, that's that's just a blessing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to get where he is at.
Speaker 1: Because you guys kind of similar builds, right in terms of like not the tallest edges, but he he kind of has that way of getting under those tackles too. Is that you kind of play your advantage in terms of just using your build to your advantage because you got to get that great get off right and then you kind of duck under that tackles like shoulder. Is that a good advantge for how you angle to the quarterback?
Speaker 6: Definitely, I mean, it definitely is. And I mean it's not just Shaq Barry, who's I don't know how tall it is, but there's a lot of great pass rushes that are six one six foot you know. You know, And here's the thing about pass rushers. They all come and shape, different shapes and sizes, you know what I mean, And that's the that's the beauty of the game. You know, being sure. I mean, I don't think I'm sure, but that's not that's not true. But you know what I mean being sure, that's that's what people call me. But I mean I think I'm all right.
Speaker 1: It's not like a sligh. I'm just curious if it helps you be like, because like you know, some of these six foot seven tackles, maybe they can't get a hands on you done there.
Speaker 5: I don't know, No, they definitely can't.
Speaker 6: They definitely can't, you know what I mean, Like, there's different ways to rush from my from my perspective, you know, he had, like from my perspective being short, quote unquote, uh six seven, even even six four, I don't know, Like whatever, six whatever you can be, you still have to play to my level. You still have to block me. And that's just my philosophy. Like that's just how I look at it. Like, at the end of the day, you still have to block me.
Speaker 5: So you can be.
Speaker 6: Six ' eight to I don't know the average old line outside that's the outside line tackles, eight ranges or whatever the case may be, but you still have to block me.
Speaker 5: You still have to get me.
Speaker 6: And I do believe that being shorter quote unquote, you have a smaller surface area, and that's just how I look at it, you know, being longer and taller, it's cool. And they have their way of rushing and I have my way of rushing. So I'm okay with being you know, the short guy. You gotta love your short kings too, That's.
Speaker 1: Right, because most of the time you want to rush half man anyway, right, So that's kind of exactly a position to do that, you know what I mean, A half man that's short.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, that's hard?
Speaker 1: Is that a quarter man? Is that? Is that how that works?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Yeah, quarterman. That is a quarterman.
Speaker 1: So okay, So I love one of my favorite things about football in general. And I might not look like it, but I watched this game a lot, I say you as much as I possibly can, is you know, is the idea of a pass rush like matchup for a whole game, because like one rep, yeah, you can get someone whatever, but like the idea of rushing someone for fifty sixty snaps, like you have to have a plan, how to kind of alter that plan right as it goes along?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that's where I it's excel at you know what I mean, because I always come in with a plan. You know, it's a little bit harder right now because I'm just getting I'm just getting here. These are whole different tackles that I gotta learn and study. But when it comes down to gain time, that's why I excel at, you know what I mean. These guys you watch film, you like not film, you watch the TV copy people in the stands, they only see the finished product. But most of the time, that guy was probably working on his craft for years and years just to get that one moment, you know what I mean. And it's hard work because sometimes sometimes you might get it, sometimes you may not, you know what I mean, And it's just always gotta you always gotta pick it back up and just try again. So but for me personally, that's why I see that, uh excel excel at because I'm always gonna come into the to the game prepared.
Speaker 1: Let's let's we'll go ahead and finish up here. So you come into a room that has so many good pass rushers already, you know, ready to work with you. I'm here. Is how you've kind of leaned into those guys, you know, not just shack, but JP and Bradley and all the guys that have had success here. What's that process been like kind of getting to know those guys.
Speaker 6: One thing about it, they all come, they all like had their own confidence, you know what I mean. And that's where you have to go into the room. Like if you I feel as though if I can survive that room, I can survive being on the being on the playing field, because they all dogs, like they are all dogs. They're all great past rushers in their own right, you know what I mean. But I'm also coming in that room. I'm a dog too, you know what I mean. Just like Shock got defensive player, I got defensive player too. You know, I'm second on the on my on my team, not team, my school's record book for the amount of sacks I had, you know, one.
Speaker 1: Of two players with thirty sacks in colleor state history.
Speaker 6: And history, you know what I mean history, You know thirteen and I had sacks like last year, you know what I mean. So like I'm i gotta, I gotta, I'm a I gotta fine word where I need to, you know stand. But you know I'm gonna find my way in that room. I didn't get here for no reagions. So just as they are dogs, I'm a dog too.
Speaker 5: I lean on them.
Speaker 6: You first, you have to find the confidence to lean on them, you know, understanding that. And they do a great job of like communicating, you know what I mean, some guys, you know, I hear other like crazy stories, how like some of the veterans don't really want to help. They do a great job of helping me any type of way, you know what I mean. And it's little things and it's not it may not even be like, oh, the the play, this is the play, but just just encouraging me with a little bit of confidence, you know. And like Bradley Bradley Chubb, he said it the other day, he was like, man, you gotta put on number eight for you to for you to do something. I was like, damn, you know what I mean, because that's that was my original number, you know what I mean. So it's like damn, I you know, I had to really think about it, like nah, I don't. So it's just stuff like that. It's little things like that, or just have and the ability to ask them questions and you know, see the type of person they are, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And in seeing how they are themselves.
Speaker 6: Because uh, if you realize some of the best players have the craziest or the weirdest personalities, you know what I mean, And you'd be like, Okay, I see why, you know what I mean, That's just how I look at it.
Speaker 1: That's great, ste have Mokomara. Appreciate your time today. Man, you're a Jim. Can't wait to watch you play.
Speaker 5: Dude. Thank you appreciate much.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, you know, right, last break right there? Come back on the other side, Patrick Paul. You have you just have. You have to follow Dave Chappelle, you have to follow Luis c. K. You have to follow Bill Burth. That's the task at hand for Patrick Paul, and I promise you he won't disappoint. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Well of guys, Travis Wingfield, back your Drift Time podcast. My guest today is Dolphin second round pick out of Houston offensive tackle Patrick Paul.
Speaker 4: Pat.
Speaker 1: Welcome in, man. How you doing I'm doing good?
Speaker 5: Nice, I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Does Pat work for you?
Speaker 5: Pat works works, Pat Paul.
Speaker 1: That's a good that's a good name. So How how you adjusting to things so far? Man? I know you wanted to be here, Now you're here.
Speaker 3: How's it?
Speaker 1: How does that treating you so far?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: That's great? Honestly, I'm so excited to be here. Every day feels like a dream, honestly, just getting to know everybody, getting to know the system, and you know, working my way around the place.
Speaker 1: I saw you earlier bump into the into butcher Berry in the hallway and you threw some some hands at him, some some past pro work.
Speaker 2: There is work in progress at all times, every single day, every single day. That's an emphasis, you know, so working on it. Even when I see him in the hallway, just messing with him a little bit, you know, keeping him on.
Speaker 1: But is the best man.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 2: It comes every day with the same amount of energy and passion and you know, go through a big quaal for him.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to show it to you right now, but I do a pretty good butcher Bery impression. All Maybe after we got off the air, we'll jump into that.
Speaker 5: Please don't want to hear it, you bet.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure you've heard on the field, but it's basically when he calls you guys into your like when he has the snapcount for you when you're out doing the drills. I know exactly what you do.
Speaker 5: It's so fast. Oh my good, I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited about this. Okay, So we talked about this before you jumped on the air with me here, and you know, Chris Career mentioned it as press conference after we drafted you in the second round late in the evening there. I'm sure that was a very happy phone call for you to get first of all, right, that was probably a pretty fun night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was, Yeah, it was definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So first night, you know, I'm there, I'm dressed up, I'm waiting to hear my name. I don't, unfortunately, but you know, all things happen for a reason. Then the next day comes, you're just seeing it and it seems like time is going by so slow, and you know, when it gets to some teams that I felt like, you know, might have some interest, I was kind of like, So I was telling my agent, you know, Miami's where I want to be in the second day, and I did take a thirty visit here, so you know, i'd been out here. I'd talked to them all throughout the process Senior Bowl Combine met with them every single step of the way. So this is where I wanted to be in it. You know, everything does happen for a reason. And then I got that call ecstatic, So I want.
Speaker 1: To fall up on that, but I want to tell you a quick story. So I'm watching the Senior Ball as I always do every year, and I'm watching a one on ones throw dudes at the ground, like all right, that's interesting. And then I'm like, I ask this guy get out of his stance because we have a certain you know, requisite level of get off down here. And the first rep you run, dude, you get outside the numbers and you buried someone. I'm like, okay, that's a dolphin. Dolphin right there, I see him. And so it just makes so much sense that you wanted to be here, that they wanted you here. But you talked a little bit about like two things you talk about a lot. One of your aspirations in life, right, Like you seem very in touch with what you want from life. I just kind of want to get you to talk about that, and like, I guess kind of pair that with that draft. DC happitent of being so eager to be in Miami. Like, what gives you that zeal for life?
Speaker 5: What gives me the zeal for life? That's a great question.
Speaker 2: So you know, growing up was raised in America and also Nigeria, and that's where my entire family is from, is Nigeria. Growing up, you know, my grandfather he was the President of Nigeria. And with that, just learning about him and his story and how he worked his way up in London and you know, working behind the Queen of England being her emissary, and how he took over the country of Nigeria. It's always motivated me. It's always gave me some sort of drive, some sort of purpose that I can't even described. Just knowing that someone has done great things and I know I never got to meet him, So with that, he just gives me that drive and ask persons on what I want to do. Football was just something I found when I came to America. I instantly fell in love with it. But you know, this is just a step in my journey of my life and what I want to do. But you know, football, want to have a ten plus year career here at the with the Miami Dolphins and then after that, I want to be the president of Nigeria. I'm going to do it one day and yeah, football first and then president after that is that is first of.
Speaker 1: All, I don't talk to anybody that has that type of goal. So I've like, I have a million follow up questions in my head right now. But what do I ask you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What what brought you to that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: What makes you like?
Speaker 1: Those are two such different walks of life, Like how do you kind of manage the both of those?
Speaker 2: Just understanding the now and the now Right now is becoming a franchise tackle. And that's what I'm going to focus on. But I also know that after football's done, which it does not last forever. You know, no one, not everyone gets a Tom Brady career, and even at that, even after that, you still have a whole life ahead of you. You know, he's still trying to figure out things to do. So with that, I know that I want to be the president of Nigeria. That's just something I want to take over my grandfather's legacy because the country needs help. Our money's not worth anything. You know, I can go down and it's it's so deep. So that's what I want to do, and I'm gonna, you know, do my best to fix my country up every country around it as well, bring them out of the dark age.
Speaker 1: I'd say, well, that's fantastic to hear man. Perhaps that's a different podcast that we get into more, because I I you're just I have a million questions for you. But I'll try to stay on topic here and get you out of Here's past weekend. You got a busy day today, so put a pin in that. Still I want to come back to it. Let's let's talk about some football, he real quickly, because I love hearing you talk technique and watching you block butch burying the hallway here. But you've talked a lot about like kind of your technique at Houston, what you're trying to progress towards. Now I'm curious did you talk about like the catching versus punching? Right, Like, this is kind of where you're you're in the in the process of kind of changing things a little bit, Like is that is that accurate?
Speaker 4: To say?
Speaker 2: That's very accurate? I mean that's a day to day process. And actually you know, each day you notice it getting better. You just have to get those live wrapps. And I've been getting them with the OTAs and just fine tuning, knowing when to punch, knowing that striking distance, knowing how far defender needs to because I have very long arms. Just finding that distance. It's a lot quicker than you always think, especially with thirty six. So you know, every day getting with the Butch and then getting with Lem and we're working. Even the Vets they helped me out a lot.
Speaker 4: With it too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you mentioned the Vets and I want to come back to toron Armstead real quick. But first, was that something that right after the season ended, like going into the All Star Games. Obviously you're working for your forty and all that stuff. It's not football training. That kind of drives me crazy a little bit because like you have to like put football hole for a couple of months and you go back into it. But after the season, were you already kind of diving into that technique change a little bit?
Speaker 4: Of course? Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I worked with Duke for my pre draft training and you know he's a big old line NFL guru, So with that he helped me out with drills that would help me. You know, whenever I get to the team, I make it on and just work the hands. Also for the All Star Games. You trained us for those as well. Just being there since December and you know, working with him a lot and we're getting those those drills set in. But then it's always it's always different when you go live, So just working getting the fine tune it for it.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's correlated.
Speaker 1: So you you met Taran at Masterminds correct, Yes, and now you're here with him every day. Is that kind of surreal for you to have him in the building with you?
Speaker 2: It's definitely. It's definitely a great player to have in your O line room, especially everyone in there. You know, we have ten year guys, two ten year guys, Kendall Lamb and then also Tron, So I'd say just having guys that have played in the NFL for so long, it's it's great. Even the younger guys, you know, you have Agent they're great technician. Liam great technician, so all the guys in there can pick their brains.
Speaker 1: Kendall Lamb is an interesting dude, is any Definitely, He's one of the most interesting, but fun and thoughtful men I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 2: So definitely, You've got a good group of guys I'm telling you, and he shows up every single day ready to work, even in his tenth year, and I respect it.
Speaker 1: Watch him do media too, He's the great on media and interviews.
Speaker 4: He's the best.
Speaker 1: He's smart, exactly. There you go, Patrick Paul, New Dolphins left tackle Pat. I could do this for hours with you, but we'll get you out of here. Appreciate your time, Thank you so much, good stuff. There he goes, that's his time, that is my time. We're going to come back next week. I'm still not one of one hundred percent sure what the plan is schedule wise, kind of in between thoughts right now, so I'll keep you guys posted, but we have a lot more of these to come, and we'll be doing NFL coverage as well at some point the summer. I'm just not sure exactly what it looks like yet. But go ahead and stay tuned, go back and check out the Specialist and David Long episode if you have not done that. We'll have plenty of podcasts coming away this summer to get you through this non football portion of the calendar. But until then, that's gonna be my time.
Speaker 5: You all.
Speaker 1: Please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Spotify. Since you're tuned in wherever you get your podcasts from, go ahead and leave us a rating, leave us a review. You can follow me on social at wink for the NFL, follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tech podcast with seven Jewe. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities, Dolphins Today, Drive Time content, and so much more. And last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com until next time. Fins up Caroline and Camera and Daddy just coming