Speaker 1: Look mare, Oh, I see you my own look over there is that the culture?
Speaker 2: Yes, lost culture ding dong lost Culturista's calling. Well, this episode was supposed to start a different way. Tell them the bit, Let's do the bit. I felt like I wasn't feeling like a safe environment for the bit once I brought it to the floor. No one, let's let's gonna be a bit. The bit was gonna be bowen and Josh Sharp start the show as if nothing. No one was the wiser.
Speaker 1: But tell them why Because Aaron and I came today sort of wearing a shirt shirt but sort of.
Speaker 2: Like button down shirts with like the bold statements, bright statements and bold patterns. Was I referencing it? And floor? Was the correction right to do? I was? It was a risk, not a correction. Oh can you tell my guard is up? Yeah? You seem so.
Speaker 3: This is where it started to break down. That wise, Josh and Air wearing T shirts. Aaron and Matt are wearing button down with both statements and pattern right, and so not a your drok reference.
Speaker 2: Title of that reference title of that.
Speaker 3: But I think it just it broke down because Matt was saying, okay, so then Josh and Matt as in I as in Matt, Josh and I will start the show.
Speaker 2: Play yeah, I do think ultimately, let us try it. Let you start the show. This is wearing broke down.
Speaker 3: I said that Matt said that Matt Josh the show and I would come in later.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make any goddamn sense because I said, if if, if, okay, if Aaron and I were both wearing statement shirts, bright colors and bold patterns, we would sit on one couch and you and Joshua, who are both in more simple tease, would start the show.
Speaker 2: Let us see the logic. Let us try again to Dan Epic Orlando Universal, y'all lovers, it was the universal experience for the guys. Goals and Day.
Speaker 4: You were to be Matt, were you to be the guest? You were to be? Can I just say what the dream of the bit was, and maybe if.
Speaker 2: With more time we could have executed the bit? Is if.
Speaker 1: Day and Josh Sharp had started the podcast and not said anything. It was just Bowen and Josh starting it, and then we come in, me and Aaron Jackson and we.
Speaker 2: Don't even knows.
Speaker 3: You gave Josh and I the keys to your car, which makes us feel a little little know how to drive stick. But it's your car that you You were like, I've got a car, y'all drive.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful hon A CRV, you screamed at us.
Speaker 1: I guess I thought that the instructions for how to drive the car were clearer than It's kind of an you guys been dial bit that really just fox with the form what's crazy. I didn't even think it was that crazy. I didn't think you cold not address it. It was not that's it was communicated.
Speaker 2: And this is what it's.
Speaker 4: The bit is what is so shocking. This is episode fourteen or fifteen of the pod, right, yeah, we started forever cut that out. We're fledgling. You know what's funny, Isle, People have been begging for this. People have been begging for this. Nine dollars you're nine.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the cacophony is back. It's stuck. This is an Obama era podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, technically if it's it was the last months of the Obama presence, So then yes, I'm sorry, do not raise your voice.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't. Why what would you guys say was the culture that you say culture was for you?
Speaker 5: Because because I didn't really get culture until two weeks ago Thursday Night, and then.
Speaker 2: You saw what culture was when you saw Ross o'donald have a great Emmy winning guest star. Y'all went.
Speaker 3: Y'all learned about culture at the Mary Tony's party, which we were not invited to.
Speaker 2: You didn't get the invite. I don't think we don't. Actually don't think we did, which is okay, because is bad at you? I think so? And for what I don't know, but apparently are you mad at Cole now? They are now? For likely yes, But I'm gonna wait, okay to say if I'm mad, I see, because what were you going to say? I think it's all I'm only madical if they're mad at me? Does that make sense? And that and that's that it's tip for T and that happens all the time. I think it's the same with crushes. You do not realize you're into someone until they say I'm into you and you say, oh mutual, yeah, let's bookie.
Speaker 3: But then does that does that make you second guess it at all? You're like, oh, this was contingent on them having a crush on me?
Speaker 2: To me you propose, yeah, yeah, post anal marriage aal. I mean someone being attracted to you is a turn on?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's one of other guy's best qualities when they want to.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing about you is that you like That's actually a good like greeting card.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing about you and you open it is that you like me winky faced emoji whatever requests Yeah, really.
Speaker 7: She is host Allow me to say, that's a rule of could that's rule which way?
Speaker 2: What was? My favorite thing about you is that you like which? Which number is that? That's one thousand and six hundred and ninety one one. My favorite thing about you is that you like me.
Speaker 3: I just want to go back to something and Aaron put out there a card and a Venmo request.
Speaker 2: I just want to I can, I can I observe something.
Speaker 3: Part of Aaron sort of lexicon of comedy is joella to end.
Speaker 2: Estatement with Venmo.
Speaker 3: I mentioned a Venmo or Joela or both as in a call to action venmo joella and it's funny.
Speaker 2: Whar you describe that as comedic? Because I would say, I'm incredibly serious. You say it both can be? Ye? Thank you venmo Joel everyone podcast I do have to say that the title of EP has to be the episode? Can we explain who Joela is? Joela was a drag race contestant on season I'm not seventeen nine. Yeah, and if you don't know that, don't listen to this podcast. Just the wrong podcast for you. Two episode run? Would we three? Three? And it was since I would say sensational a lot with a little yeah, I think history will look back kindly on this season. She'll probably get brought back at some point. It was so, I mean, she really made a mark.
Speaker 1: Can I say, like I was almost ready to say something snide when you said she'll probably get brought back soon, because I feel like they're bringing everybody back for All Stars.
Speaker 2: But then I will also say, I'm kind of eating my hat.
Speaker 1: With the girls that I thought weren't going to give on All Stars because I'm joys having every stars.
Speaker 2: They're they're giving and gaming, They're giving and gaping and gaping guys. I give them all proppers because I'm entertained thoroughly the Tournament of All Stars. I like the tournament. I like six sick me too, definitely. I said what I said, devilish, devilish, Yeah, play.
Speaker 7: This podcast while you watch Wizard of snk them up, yeah, and you will speak to the devil.
Speaker 2: Josh and I were at the gay bar Twist in Miami, Florida, and it was the weekend Mayhem Lady Mayhem came out and in that front bar if you've ever been, it's sort of just casual with televisions, and they played Mayhem and started House of Gucci at the same time as if it was Wizard of All. It's synced up. I don't know that what anytime? What just like Adrian Brody, if it would like cut not Adrian Brody, Jared leto driver driver, it would like cut d there's an egg sorry, you just would if it was like on the beat and would cut to him, we'd just scream yeah on the beat. And I just like to take you to the garden, like garden screaming. Anybody do that? Ben positive pause again? Zinc up. Do you enjoy an hour long album with a two hour long movie? Yes, Lucas. Do you have a suggested donation to pay what you can? Pay what you will, But honey, if you are going to a Pride event that costs over fifty dollars at least six thousand dollars exactly. And that's that's what radioheads said about in Rainbows seven. They said, they said, Tom said, if you're going to a Pride of It, yes, it's dollars. Pay us six thousand dollars for this album. I gotta tell you one of my biggest cultural blind spots is radio. That's okay, they're always cracked my top five. What is that true?
Speaker 1: That's my big I believe I didn't know that about the fucking revival of Parade. You're listening to Red.
Speaker 2: Time be.
Speaker 7: Can I give to your people one of the kindest things you've ever done, because you know me, Aaron and Patrick are big York girls.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 7: So when her last album came out, we got a text from you that said, girls, I wanted you to know I really tried to listen to the new so I just said, but I had to turn it off halfway through. I found a lot of the imagery imagery to be disturbing. I did I really appreciate this?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 4: That you put that out from A Weird Girl, A weird Girl album she has more like this is a song with a chorus type of album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I here's the thing. There's nothing like sort of like being in Fire Island and watching all your sister's vibe on. I think it was some some hallucinogenic and watching you not just listen to, but commune with both nature and existing inside of a Byork songs.
Speaker 3: From Espertein, what was the song that we were the Hunter not hunting? And of Vespertine where it.
Speaker 2: Was like we're listening to uh, crystalline Crystaline. Yes, the best song is kay I Twiggs one of the Daughters of York. Absolutely, yeah, kind of all of them, there's many. Yeah, is the daughter of York? Carolyn Pulacheck's the daughter of York. Yeah, you don't feel that way. I didn't know you were a metal head. Well, I like hardcore style talk. So Josh is wearing a Turnston We're really trying to get gay guys into Turnstile this summer, going so far the Turnstile Show the other week. Who would you describe as everyone? Because I wish there were.
Speaker 1: White people of all shapes and sizes. Basically, when we're talking about everyone, there's no real signifier. It would just be anyone you could think of could be there in that moment when we say everything.
Speaker 2: I want to take by my question. Cut that question from the nuts, like everyone for everyone, I had sugar. We should go, you should go. It is I find hardcore. It's it's like a queer space where it's metal yet but.
Speaker 7: Hardcore hardcore hardcore people are erradically accepting in a way that queer people are.
Speaker 2: You know, they're like all shapes, all sizes, get in the pit, you know, radically accepting. Yeah, I just didn't hear you, correct. I love hardcore music. I love fugazi. Gay guys should get into Fugazi. Gay guys should get into fucked up. Gay guys should get into Turnstile. I like sucked up. I loved your Canadians.
Speaker 1: How would gay guys benefit from getting into this particular music? I need to know what is it about gay men that they're missing.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of gen pop doesn't have a lot of rage, and I do think there's one I haven't heard. Olivia Rodrigo, Sure you have. I stung It live. That was a sad moment. You heard her really in that song? Yeah, cuss on this pod. You can cuss. Okay, just bag it, bucket, bucket, See that wasn't the one I wasn't of. You're catching me off guard in this climate, that's for sure. I think you might like Radiohead because Josh always says Tom York, Josh Vibrado. That's one I know you're lacking in male singers. You like something else. We learned in fire.
Speaker 4: We said name your favorite male singer and took you so long, and then you said, Stevie Wonder question mark.
Speaker 2: But well, did I arrive at a slayer walk?
Speaker 7: I don't think, not so much that you disparage male singers. You just worship female singers so much.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a.
Speaker 1: Question, is that is there room for the possibility that maybe I was just being thoughtful?
Speaker 2: And the answer there was a little bit of maybe y'all be more thoughtful. You shout out, yeah, you're right. There is room for the idea that you were being thoughtful in that moment you weren't. But there's room. But there's room. But Tommy, are you there never power of the room, of the power of the dog? What if I just didn't let it go the whole time and he just really started to fight and I just did it? Yeah, my tender risks, what do you what should What's what's Matt's syllabus on Radiohea? Do you think? I think? Okay?
Speaker 4: Computers sometimes the benst is good. I chorus verus chorus, which is nice. But I'd be curious what you think of in Rainbow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll start there, I really will, and I'll send you a buyork esque text.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, how is everyone doing today? I want you to know I started in Rainbows and I got approximately six songs in before I found the imagery disturbing.
Speaker 2: It's not disturbing. It starts a little, but then it gets really pretty.
Speaker 1: I guess being called in Rainbows that was sort of you know, per suazees of the idea. There's going to be terrors within the sonic. Now there's a song on in Rainbow called called House of Cards. It's not a about the TV show, so don't get scared.
Speaker 2: Reference most on that, you know, how great? Yeah, she should be married. He should replace Cole? Was Mary talk Cole talking about please put Kevin Spacey in Mary.
Speaker 1: There's no drag queen doing anything as subversive as Kevin Spacey, as.
Speaker 7: O marriage, Joela accepting Joel accepting Joe Joe Joel, Kevin Spaceyll Kevin Space Actually this is the actual casting. Joela as Mary, Kevin Spacey as Abe, Yes, Mary's husband, and who's Mary's teacher?
Speaker 2: James Scully reprises, he goes back, no and does it better? Could you beat the best? Whereas the other two can easily be beat? I think Cole and Conrad I've seen, I've seen, and we're madical And remember earlier, how was the party A joyful? A total gag, A gag and awareness, Oh I love that joyful? Please please be hear well? This year we found we were saying, how much like many of our dear friends were nominated. I've actually I actually went two days in a row, and you talked about it on the pod. Maybe I would love to talk about it again.
Speaker 7: Something for you know, is that Kimmy Bellflower who wrote it, who's incredible, grew up with my boyfriend in the like one stoplight rural town, and so they as teenagers pledged to be like, if you ever get nominated for a Tony, I'll.
Speaker 2: Take you, and went he was so good I will say he did look look fantastic.
Speaker 4: Plus one who made the carpet and the vogue right up? And then have you seen dead out Laws starring and Duran not yet.
Speaker 2: I am an Andrew Duran fan. I loved him in Shocked, he was so good and roped Spring Awakening ink over in the West End. Why did they ever bring that here? Because we're dumb? Because I think it, I think it didn't like run, I don't think it right now. On the No Offense, the me a show with.
Speaker 1: Jokes, the show with real jokes made me realize last night. I saw Alex Nowell at the Mets Pride game. She sang the national anthem down taking it back.
Speaker 2: One of the few who's probably like, could we raise it? Actually? Could we make it higher?
Speaker 1: And then Jeremiah Brant throughout the first pitch YEP, and I saw Jan was there in the full get up.
Speaker 2: Jan is one of my favorite people to kind of just say. She's saying the national anthem.
Speaker 1: Raree shows they were saying in the K corner. So Jam was giving pre shows and they kept calling it the K Corner and I was like, girl, what thinking they were like a gay guy and talking about the ketamine reference. It just means where they knock up, where all this the strikeouts happen.
Speaker 2: So let me just to listen to hardcore music. You need to stop thinking K means kee.
Speaker 1: You realize it means strikeout. So this is a big difference between straight and queer culture. Is K two straight men means strikeout and K two gay men means ketmines.
Speaker 2: This is one way we can start to have a conversation and a dialogue.
Speaker 7: And it's also class, you're talking about working class. For the K is thousands, one hundred, K two, it's money, y'all, yeah, fight the rich the rich, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And then for scientists it's Kelvin Yes, Kelvin yes, absolutely, And for Kim Kardashian, it's her first and last name. Clouds is out. Have you seen just a little beb whatever? Clouds is out? What is this? He is a TikTok, but back in the day, just an Instagram star. And she used to now she does like all sex toy it's like that's her lube, and but she.
Speaker 7: Used to give inspirational messages and often they were done where you could only see her nails on camera.
Speaker 2: And she had this crazy blue synthetic wig. Okay, we're getting visual. Where are you're going? Oh that's great, that's really good, really interested in everyone listening at home. Josh just crawled on the ground and went to camera and made claws. I want us and I want us in the video to not use that I want. I'm being told to do it again. No, no, and then and then we're gonna use the opposite camera. That's interesting. She'd be like, don't use the wide on.
Speaker 8: Kay.
Speaker 2: So I just got a delicious that's that. That's very muppety. I am seeing what it's doing in the video work and she would have nails, nails.
Speaker 4: She was wearing a blue wig and like eating a lollipop, and she goes, if you have himself a bad day, I ask yourself why she suck?
Speaker 2: Living in Los Angeles, Angela's troubled on Last for always, bitch, So trouble Last have always been. I have watched that video when experiences.
Speaker 7: Shape for when I'm having it down, and I watch her go living in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Out Trouble Last always bitch. That is beautiful.
Speaker 3: That is a simplified way of what I've been saying lately, which is a little bit IROLLI but I'm like, despair is a transitional phase. Yeah, Trouble to Last for always, Yeah, it's two ways of saying absolutely, I have to.
Speaker 2: Say this to Wig blowing like a mother Yeah, come on, that's what she's just. I mean, come on, blowing like a motherfucker. Troubled on last night, Bitch, listen to It's beautiful. You can put it in the Instagram. Trouble will last for always. Bitch is very much a sibling of ain't miss.
Speaker 7: God, their cousins, their ken okay, oh Mary party fabulous for Cole to win, to Sam to win talent, people that deserves talent.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Then I linked up with Blake and Kimmy and we ended the night. Kimmy, who should be on the at some point, actually should be really good. Blake too, but he'd be less fun. That's a quote probably from him. He'd agreed O night and the Plaza Hotel getting banana splits on room service at six.
Speaker 2: In the morning. Oh I love that heaven. He and Josh also is going to Pine that day and he came much later. I didn't take it on the morning ferry because he, you know, did the booger sugar did banana split at six in the morning. The snow that goes, that goes? I had the slopes, the Banana split slope.
Speaker 3: Now we should we We didn't eve get a chance to mention this because we did not bring y'all in. But I'm Aaron and this is Josh.
Speaker 2: I'm on women, and I didn't even realize that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Well, we just have to quickly plug because because we said the name San Pankleton, Tony San Pinkleton, who is now directing Josh's show at the Greenwich House Theater that's July seventh, called da.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm doing the canonical one man Off Away Experience. I'm gad, I'm so excited. I'm coming. I'm coming on opening night. Yes, you said that. The opening night is July seventh. Year, you'll be gone back and there'll be other chances, but I'm coming because it runs through maybe and maybe i'll see your preview. Absolute how about that seven shows a week? Are you're going to be on your your vocal health game? You have to be on my vocal health games? Even you know, still talking, you're still voice. I can't. I don't have a scene partner to ya. Yeah, yeah, do you have an understudy? No? Actually that would be people would love that. Yeah, I'll talk about my deep personal specific life experience. Josh Show. Did you see Aaron Aaron at aout? It coming good? Josh is good.
Speaker 7: But when Aaron talks about love in cancer, it really sings. Literally, Aaron sings, Josh, he was amazing his mommy. He was gay, but didn't know how to broach the subject, you.
Speaker 2: Know, because I didn't think Josh was that.
Speaker 1: Kevin was really sexy in the Wrongs he looks. I think since he's come out, he's become even better. Yeah, we'll never know if Kevin Spacey was a better actor as an out gay man, you know, yeah when he was out, after he was Yeah, we don't have to talk.
Speaker 2: Someone has to Well, I just got mine. I don't think so, Honey. Everyone's too afraid. Don't you think everyone's too afraid. Everyone is too afraid to get into it.
Speaker 1: Too afraid to make Spacey jokes less Instagram find out and say, hey, here's a grab but them talking about how they wish Spacey was given another.
Speaker 2: Chance to become an outday actor. When did we lose him to society's disdain? Oh god, I think people think I want to know the year I don't remember. I'm gonna imagine twenty seventies seventeen. You think it was in the Big me too? Do you think he did it right after your pot started? You think they were linked? I think yeah. I mean House of Cards has been what was going on from like twenty eleven? Can I say, say a pilot episode ago.
Speaker 3: I've seen Malcolm in the middle, I've seen the camera ship turning off whispering.
Speaker 2: I didn't like you never liked that season one. But I can get loud to Carwe loud too. We got to talk about we got to talk about the Traders cast too. Oh yeah, and no one wants to really talk about Australia versus the World Survivor, which is really the big event. Yeah please, I would love to know more, Please educate love, I do too. This is dull as hell Australia. Australian Survivor is now the superior franchise, oh please, absolutely has been for a few years in Australia. Is the world is stars yea, all stars from all the franchises. But there's like I'm just gonna make up numbers like eight Australian Survivor players and then eight internationals and the US we have our Tony poverty and Serren Yeah, Rety good stuff. And then one of the Aussi people is David the Golden God. David the Golden God Shawnee Shawn King jo. Oh yeah, this is a good great friend Joe friend actress Like, yeah, so tell everyone about actress.
Speaker 4: Pa actress. I know what that was on a great season with Luke Talky and he's gonna be Luke Talky one Australia Big Brother. Okay, anyway, it's just so great, it's gonna be great. It's really going to be a sensation. Wow, even if even if it flops, it's like impossible that there's like not an amazing episod. I will say, I've never seen a group of hotter people than any given Australia cast, which are really is tough about the US version two because we're casting for brains not always his looks, which is fine, but I know we can do better.
Speaker 2: I think, what about when we go to Fire Island. You don't think that's a hotter group of men? No, it could be picking the hottest but the hottest eight from that hot group and putting them on camera. Yeah, starving from all from all of what weekend of fire Island, your favorite, your hottest, your hottest weekend, the hottest weekend you've ever been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I bet, I bet those Australia Survivor guys could never drink an Island special, could never know it's our theory changed the.
Speaker 2: Planet. Fucking crazy, crazy, popping off. It was a different color. I had one Dean.
Speaker 1: Planners punches and then I almost went over some guy's house and he said, don't worry, my daughter's asleep.
Speaker 2: My daughters.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, maybe I could have been two Planners punches. I would have done something like, oh the child next your daughter cat in the hat. I was like, honey, bring your kids to dragon on no problem.
Speaker 2: One time I had two on July the four, and I got the spins. Yes I remember. I was like, I have the spins on two of those the same year that I beat out. You beat out. I brown blocked out the difference because I noticed you used brown out a lot. What's what's your personal that you can remember?
Speaker 3: And I will just say, I don't know why I'm hedging. It was a full blackout and yeah, I'm I'm ashamed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. And then the island came together. The island came together, the found me. Can I say something? So, first of all, let's tee this up, which is that Bowen lost his wallet and the community the island went and Yang's wallet. You went crazy to try and bow and Yang text from everyday in this great nation of ours.
Speaker 7: Well, very similarly, when I was in Los Angeles the other week doing an out of town tryout of josh up to da tickets on sale joshup dot com.
Speaker 2: I went to actpart one night. Didn't realize until I was back.
Speaker 7: I left my tote bag there with one of those nice water bottles, like, oh god, I've just been fifty dollars on a water bowl again, and some sundryes.
Speaker 2: But I was like, whatever, you know, it is what it is. Who do I get a DM from yesterday? Yes, a bar? The account your New Yorker magazine was in it with your name on it, So we figured out it's you. Can we mail it to you? The akbar, the investigating the gay bar. Have we actually all been together to mourn Barracuda?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think we have.
Speaker 7: Actually, let's give space to that, because this is now, this could get genuine, because for once we've spoken of some of the lore of just like coming together. But Barrakudah, we have to put a pin in because that was such like our clubhouse for.
Speaker 2: Those formative years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, god, I mean how many times did we like how many times did we see Bob.
Speaker 2: Pre era? And then like also I just think about like that was really where we'd go to like pregame concerts.
Speaker 7: Yes, still even still I find I like to do it in that well, al I p but we would still do that.
Speaker 2: But I just missed those days where we were there truly every week in the morning, like every Monday, it was a Monday Bob shows on Monday. But it's like the best show night that was. We would do identical twins and then you'd see Bob the drag Queen. There's no better to half of it is my show that It was wild to get to watch Bob in that era. It was the two technique of of of our of that time. It was the technique of that time. And ven I think it can be many different ways. You are Canadian, maybe that's how they say it there is you know, Yeah, it's like a formative. What's formative? Formative? Couda formative. It's like I can't even be like, I'm just mournful like im. I also, I hooked up a lot there, like I remember, it was like or like you have pull the pad I hooked up there.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like something in the space or not in the space. No, but I know I know of some filth that's gone that used to go down in that bathroom.
Speaker 2: I touched crotches through jeans there, do you know what I mean? I know full on breedings. I know full on breedings that happened in the because it's it's a small small it's small.
Speaker 1: It smelt like ship yeah, figure spaces and also like it was it was, it was always, it was always busy.
Speaker 2: It was there because I think it was just the one and one. Luckily when it closed down, because Aaron and I went like early in the week as soon as we heard. But then I was out of town for the weekend, and I was like sort of sad to miss the final festivities. But then I realized, if you had told me by the way Barracuda closed a month ago, I'd be like I put in Malcolm Gladwell ten thousand hours there.
Speaker 7: Like Luckily, I hold totally I had my time. You just felt like, I'm like, shit, we gotta squeeze it in, right. We really spent a lifetime. Yeah, yeah, dang love her.
Speaker 2: One of the best spots to see Drag.
Speaker 3: Truly, truly, absolutely where I saw alexis Michelle. This is the same episode the Katia got kicked off, got eliminated inta Gate season seven, and it was just five of us in that room and me screaming caught you know, tweeting it, and the community coming after.
Speaker 7: Me wallet Fire Island, Yes, the community coming pitchforks and him quickly it can turn wait.
Speaker 2: Speaking he saw busted there, speaking of Fire Island. I met Big Bro last night. No no, and it was Sheila at hollow fabulous party. But this, but this lovely gentleman like strikes a conversation with me and I'm like, oh my god, what a sweet god. And he goes and I just have to say, I'm big I I am Big Bro. I was like, when was Big Bro?
Speaker 1: And I texted a couple of weeks ago about meeting up. He is so lovely, by the way, not what I expected. No, I don't feel like it's maybe so wait can we just we'll just level stuff for everyone who's joined us since the Big Bro of it all, because a lot of you are new here, they're basically.
Speaker 2: Followers. Here's who Big Bro is. So he's a big part of the lords. Ariana's coming on the pod soon any minute now, She's coming in. It's so funny, Michelle.
Speaker 1: But it's just so funny because two weeks ago we have an episode called How the Salad Gets Tossed where we talk about it like at length, like whether or not it's like sort of like here nor there to lay a towel down on the bed for anal sex then Michelle Obama.
Speaker 2: So this podcast continues to be everything everywhere. All that was anyway.
Speaker 1: We went to Fire Island a few years ago. I was particularly on one. I met someone he's canonically known on the podcast as Big brocau litl Bro while I was having sex with him, and I think the vocabulary I used at the time was I shot a load up to heaven that has never come down. Yes, And we have had sex many times since then. It remains a great sort of.
Speaker 9: Relationship in my life and I still to this I have to say, best, Oh my gosh, that's okay.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this or watching this, and we've had sex and it's not you. That doesn't mean it wasn't great.
Speaker 2: He's just the king, Yeah, just a king. And you also famously kept you. You were like, I had sex outside by the river. I had sex by We were like, there is no river here, what are you talking about? And it took days and then we realized you met the bay. Why I was by the water.
Speaker 1: You look at it quite like a river to me, Like, I don't necessarily think you have to call things the right thing, especially not in court, especially not in court.
Speaker 2: What's the big fucking deal? Even in core have fun fake news? You said it's the bay. Anyway you met Bro, I'm shook behind.
Speaker 3: Imagine big Bro is like me guy, someone with you know, vim and vigor. He has it when it counts, and now I'm like, oh, it's a toggle like he switches it on. But otherwise in person and brotherly and that way, big brotherly, he's actually seeking.
Speaker 2: But he loves you.
Speaker 1: It's it's one of those things where it's like and I think people out there no where, during sex, it's like one thing, one great lovely thing, and then afterwards it's like such a sweet thing.
Speaker 2: Your personality was not what it becomes, but in only the best way. Of course, sex is fake and Big Bro is in a committed relationship, so that's where that stays. And you didn't breed Big Bro.
Speaker 3: I know I was not Bro, but he did say because now Matt is selling merch, that says Matt Matt owes me are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta cut him in. That's just intellectual property. Baby. He's the one called you that we're in court? Now? Can I say there's plans for him to wear the jersey next time? Venmo, Big Bro? Don't you think that's b Should I wear my little bro jersey? By the way, you can still buy big real Little brow jersey dot com for all your Matt Rogers. I would love if we if I had a like landing page for my merch on your nice collab. We should just link all of our things to everything else. Why don't we just start one big website. Let's start one big website. Let's just do a website again. This is lander endorsing each other. You're dating them, you're dating the podcast the first time we've talked about something temporal.
Speaker 7: Should for the tour let's get into committing to it that I do feel always I'm like, this is real, though.
Speaker 2: Will can I say?
Speaker 1: This is literally how every other single thing that like we or I have ever had successful.
Speaker 2: It starts as a joke and then it becomes real.
Speaker 3: Culture Awards start as a joke. Then one year it's like, Bowen, you have a slot at Lincoln Center.
Speaker 2: What do you want to do? Oh? I don't know, man, do you want to do Culture Awards? Let's do it? Culture was a joke. Have you heard of Christmas? Did you entertain for the Lincoln Center? Was there anything else? Are they gonna do an it? No?
Speaker 1: I think it was like, oh, they get optity because if you remember, we canceled the Cultural Awards because they never actually were supposed to happen. We just were doing nominee is just because we had to do an episode. We were like, we had nothing to talk about, so we did. And the bit was and we're going to cancel this. We're gonna say that they're canceled, and that's.
Speaker 2: The episode you had nothing to talk about. The only one listener I know what they want anymore? They want the floor about this. Okay, that's what you said, tell them what that is. That's want you tell them about that. By the way, last for Always and I were reflecting on what a perfect story, what a perfect story.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a it's a for sale baby shoes never worn of of that drag race like like World Pride twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: You know, people don't know about Stone, they don't know you don't know about Stonewall what that is? And the people were killed. Nobody was killed, nobody was.
Speaker 7: Killed, nobody will for sale. You can't take a single syllable from that perfectly. Nobody was killed, nobody was killed, will killed, nobody was killed. Willem a true comedian, a historian.
Speaker 1: I just think derren Berry and Willim are a comedy duo. We don't think I need And if they don't think that, at least I'm going to their Vegas two person show. So anyways, speaking of.
Speaker 2: Really quick, Willim Willem we met zigging and zagging. It's crazy to try to keep up. I know, Willim we met at maybe Drag maybe track the musical. I think everybody what that is. She came up, she said hello, she was like big fan of the movie. I was like, well, I love you.
Speaker 7: She goes, she goes, and if you ever need a drag, queen, one of your projects, I'm a veil and walked away and.
Speaker 2: She said to you, you said, I love you, and she goes, you have good taste. Oh yeah, that too, I love you, you have good taste. This is what I said.
Speaker 3: This is what what I tagged Camila this season on Survivor. I was like, oh my god, she's my queen. She responds to my DM, she goes, thank you for your honesty.
Speaker 2: I was like, I love that honesty. For the tour to what that is? Tell everybody what that is? I think for the tour, nobody the tour was killed. I think out of the four of us, I think Josh might have the clearest. He's on the pitch, he's on the pitch side. But yeah, he in the morning. I know, Holly in the morning.
Speaker 7: So you know, one of the centerpieces of Culture Awards is that often the four of us sing a song arranged for our four.
Speaker 2: Story vocal trumpet like instrument.
Speaker 7: More trump each higher than the last, and there's and it's pretty rare that anyone sings alone. Really, it's not really desired. It's mostly four voices together in community.
Speaker 2: And more in harmony. Exactly at this point, our repertoire includes three or even four songs, right, I imagine if we added another five, that's a cont So we want to do a show called four the tour for the tour, four voices, four cities, four nights, yes, using four nights in each or four that's sixteen. That's interesting. I see.
Speaker 3: I was about to ask whether the whether the pitch was counting down, four four.
Speaker 2: Counting up. I would imagine we want to do more than four singers five five cities, yes, cities, yeah, six hours. It should be four four four four. So four singers, four cities, four nights, four songs, four songs, four songs. Like if we get on stage and say, let's just get logistical about this, okay, okay, say it's an hour hour and show. Four shows is a show when you have so much pattern.
Speaker 4: Like patter and you know, you know back, and if it's invisible by four or forty songs, it's like a mega maggs.
Speaker 7: Four four four singers, four cities, four nights, forty for song and they could be Medley's some of them fourteen and fourteen songs.
Speaker 2: What we like an album.
Speaker 7: What we use is we will try to sing together as four as much as we possibly can't.
Speaker 4: Think anyone like on stage is like alone having a solo and I even pitch a bit that you know, the lead singer.
Speaker 2: I would love at one point to you to come out, maybe you start, be honest. It's like, of course solo number from that, instantly the three of us appear. It is a quartet. Just one of the songs is have you heard of Christmas?
Speaker 7: Example as an example, I like it because I like the come out checks baby and come out to sing one of our huge hits from Dixon the musical Trust, You're in it, Trust you know.
Speaker 2: Thank you, well you know, I'm so thank thankful this time to be in it. Y time I'll get in it. That's kind of interesting. That is kind of interesting. Larry Charles has a book coming out that's really interesting. Swerve, it's a really interesting segue. You tried to do that. He Ultimately we should have cast put my special. You guys are always on the podcast, feel like we always Bellhouse not for the improvment and thank you for that those platforms. The check is bigger for Bellhouse Impropt probably for the movie. Now, which part do you feel you should have played? Because whatever you say is correct, my honor, we should have cast you in the film. Matt would have been one of the neighbors. Probably I would have been great as one of the neighbors. And you know it's true.
Speaker 7: Maybe when Darcy peaks her head out and goes the fuck hearing us have sex, you're with her in night you guys.
Speaker 2: I could have said, Babe, get the funk back in, baby. That would have been baby. Why in the hall? Always get the funk back in? And you baby? They're gay guys, fuck loud, baby, get back in here? Why are you always in the wh like? You had no sturity for the movie to be funny, and you squandered it, squandered you guys.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding, but I will have my revenge. Darcy's character is homophobic in that. Do you think she's the fucking like gay? Yes, gay guys, She's like, I don't like that. I don't think she knows they're identical twin brothers having sex.
Speaker 2: But she did.
Speaker 3: It would make things even worse because do they fucked? Do the boys fuck when they moved the same day they moved in?
Speaker 2: Yes? Some boxes everywhere, boxes that were fuck into and and everywhere all the props people. I wasn't prop whoever it was, I'm not throwing anyone at the bust kept writing like jokes on the boxes like Dildo's porn him there. He was like, that isn't funny. Why do I think that's funny? And then we were like, it should say fragile, Yes, that's funny. I'm talking to the box fragile chop if you fucking a box, j the chock and why would they have Joe do this is like the last day of shooting ab Yeah, could say fragile.
Speaker 7: You should have been neighbor to to Darcy's neighbor one, It's okay, you guys did we say.
Speaker 2: This last time? We hear that Nick Offerman who plays one of the protesters. At one point when improvising, he said his name like always, when everybody was like celebrating, he turned to his neighbor and be like, the name's Bill Smith. Steve Cheney was.
Speaker 7: By the way, and I remember at a break we went up to him. We're like, well, this is great. The character has a name. You're Steve Cheney.
Speaker 2: And he thought and he went although Protester number three does have a nice ring because I think he likes that his i dB says Protester number legend and not truly. Did you guys watch Parker Posey and Lisa Krudo's Actors on Actors Yes, Spring Meliley, Okay. I watched the first like fifteen twenty minutes of it, and then I was with some people who were like, I can't follow them. It was just like I was like, it's Lisa and Parker, Like it's not going to be just like more like non levels like this that's they want.
Speaker 1: But I was like, I was thinking to myself, like what do you why would you want them to be Listen, this is melodic watching the two of them be themselves and each other like trump. I loved it Trumpets. So people were malvi about. Some gays were very angsty and malvi about that interview.
Speaker 2: I have a question that I want us to decide on on air because if it's for cities, are the cities New York and of course or Land Florida? Interesting? Interesting because then it pays for a trip New York to like me, Can I tell you something? You have to think like me? And we have to close the tour there so we can hang out. If you don't think like me, you might not go to Orlando to think about that. True. I'm also looking at the crew.
Speaker 1: If you don't start thinking like me, you're never going to get to Orlando. Beautiful place, beautiful, you might never get there.
Speaker 2: They all pack up the cameras and leave. They understand they're laughing right now, but it'll hit them later that they should really think about it. It's not really you know, you can't hear it, but the crew has been laughing so much. Talking when they're laughing can't tell you something. They don't love.
Speaker 1: The dirty stuff scares them, right, Guys, I don't see you in your pride outfits.
Speaker 2: Can I say, who's okay?
Speaker 1: You are okay because you voted. I'm okay because it's the fun shirt you it's pride, it's turnstile. You claim it's gay hard rock music. You Cheetah print makes me think of Lisa Rinna. You're good, but she won the crew.
Speaker 2: I don't know it's giving. What is what you call this? Yeah, chucks. One thing he did say, we have mutual friends, and one of them was Patty Harrison. So you're okay, so respect of course. Yeah, he was okay with me.
Speaker 1: Everyone here is okay, okay, now bringing civilians off the road. We're actually around a really good dog today, mag Maggie the dog.
Speaker 2: Maggie the dog.
Speaker 1: And you know Maggie, Maggie has a dog's name is a little bit of a trigger for me because one of my dogs, Yeah, do you do you find it?
Speaker 2: You like it or you make it? Makes me remember her? She actually was the best. She didn't make it past ten. Actually, I'm telling you about some of these dogs. Now. Tell Maggie to cover her ears out there, but they're in bread. They're in bread. Aaron I, do you want to ask you a vulnerable question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll get you smiling, to try to get to try to put up a front, put up a disguise.
Speaker 2: Do you foresee you and Michael wanting to have another dog because I had a dog who is dead. Lady name lady. I think so, but I think in a while, I want to be any time, I want to be well. I want to be rich enough to pay for a dog walk, yes, huge, yeah, clutch yea. And when you want to go out of town be able to drop some dog, well, well, let's set the ticket price before the tour. But also, should we have a string section like we should have an orchestra? Yeah, we should have a string for strings, four strings, four of every instrument, for drummers, for guitarists, for keyboards, for strings. I thought the strings were like the four strings on most string instruments. Ah, yes, but so many ways to go about this. Here, here's how to fill out the show for four group groups, group songs, four solos. But with with that, I don't but four solos, I can't tell if that's too much or if we just each do a solo and that's eight songs? Can I actually literally tell you what we'll have time for?
Speaker 1: As someone who who's done a show with music, it has to be it has to be four For we're telling you four songs because we're going to be talking so much.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be we're not gonna be able to stop talking. What if we what if we make the show and no, listen to me, please, I'm trying. I'm trying. If you think more like me, you won't have problems. I won't. No. Four and they're each theme to a season, or they're each theme to one of us or an element like element like we come out or a cardinal direction. Wait a minute, that's all. This is all good? Wait okay, what are elements like? Like? Does we all have different signs?
Speaker 3: We're both water and your air earth, so then your earth your air. I think Matt, even though he's a water sign, has fire quality. Do you know you're rising or you're I'm water water water, I'm probably the most water fire you you I don't have any water.
Speaker 2: I think bowen is. And I'll say this just that you guys confused because I'm wearing a yellow and red shirt. Well you're Tina birds. But I mean I've seen him because I'm dressed, because I'm dressed like Tina Burner. B C before colors for color, before new colors, n C before new colors. The t C fun you can use you can use that CNA. It's yours. But yeah, no, I could be fire. I just think you're you're, you're you're the fiery one. What else is in your chart? I have fire air, I think i'm water air air, I'm air air water, I think or air water water, but I think i'm double air water. You I don't remember Aquarius. I don't remember you of Earth, Earth, er, Taurus, Earth, Gemini, Moon Air and then aries rising Fire. Okay, yeah, so yo wata. That's why I smile when i'm because my emotions are not accessible to me. Yeah. I don't believe that for a second. I'm an actress. You're kidding. Here's what happened. Here's something that I have umbridge with Professor JK. Rowling read. Yes, every time we say something like that, it is, of course an endorsement. We were in Fire Island, these three and someone named Matt Whitaker, and then they all come up to me. They say, we found out what little women we are? Oh we did? We did? They say, Matt Whittaker's Joe, Matt Rogers is Amy Bowen's Beth, and you're Meg. And I go, I'm met And they go because you're the actress, and she lost her mind. I go, You two are book and acting work every day of your lives. I am a published novelist. You're right, Oh, curious incense erases my whole identity calling me a word an actor. Anyway, at least you gotta sign one of the women where you were, you were? You away? I'm rmy I'm Marmy. You are Mary Martin. I want Day of Plenty? Is that for the musical? Yeah? Which I saw you have to be. I don't know why I'm doing that girl. It's good the girl. It's really bad that it's not really bad when you take a chance on me. It doesn't that just that earworm give you? Luisa may Alco, I am astonished. Do you think Astonishing blows so bad? People just think it's good because there is a big note because st is belting is wrong and don't forget Stanton King. But Amy was played by the same actress, young and old, and everyone was gaged for Florence Pew and I was like they did on Broadway in two thousand and two. Oh this girl her flowers? I did?
Speaker 1: Okay, can I I'm going to bravely say my take about the Florence Pugh performance as an adult as the like older version.
Speaker 2: Bring Kirsten Dunce back. I think it.
Speaker 1: I think it should be to people c g I Kirsten back in. Kirsten was perfect when she burned that book. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, No, Kirsten is perfect and everything It's true and was a great job. I love Wana and you know what else? What else Wanona is like a perfect blueprint? Is Abigail Williams.
Speaker 2: She's so good in the movie. And you'll be seeing John Proctors The Villain today with Joan Allen as Elizabeth. Joan Allen pronomination. Yeah, and for Ice Storm, Ice Storm too. I believe marker. You have some marker on her keys and you're gonna find her keys. Yeah, she's got one for a movie called The Contender, Oh right, which n Yeah, So Joe Allen is I saw her in a middling play. Not her fault and not the play, right's fault and no one's fault, my fault. Maybe maybe I was on the front row and she's just crying real tears. J Allen. Yeah, God, bless you, honey in this, in this fine play. Given it all you got, love all love her. She was a week they're crying for me. Wet woman, A wet woman. Everyone making joke about Jonathan Groff being wet. Well, he calls himself wet. It's a clip he did because he spent spent and he was there like that, like I get very wet. That is the way was asking. He was like say that another way he was like I'm wet. Cure yourself. Say it another way.
Speaker 7: Please read Harry Potter. Please read all the books. If you haven't yet, then they are really enchanting story.
Speaker 2: Although did we have we ever talked about Hogwarts Legacy? You would ever play? See, like there is such an internal debate among gay gamers about whether or not we can play. But it's like it's tough, Like I don't know where to land on this because like the developers have taken a stance where you can't make a trans character right, and they're clearly like, hey, we were. We don't fuck with JK. I don't think anyone cares except JK. Like that's the thing is.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't think anyone in that ecosystem is like fuck trans people except j.
Speaker 2: K Rowling, right, But then it's it's her shit, it's her, She's getting correct. But like, but hey, Kevin Spacey's and O Mary, you'll understand art and art.
Speaker 1: That is when everything swings. All I know, are people mad about the HBO show. People are up in arms If everyone says yeah, I think I think it is worth being up in arms about that for many reasons. And I just you know what I can't get over is how ruined those kids already are. Like I was talking to someone who knows, and they were like, yeah, like it's gonna be probably before the announcement of their casting, like starting therapy about really making them understan and what exactly they've signed up for and that their lives will be forever changed in like you know, media training for them.
Speaker 2: The parents like like real, real conditioning they didn't understand for Harold Knight, thank god came into it. Came into a US that got on Harold Knight, like is it a good thing to book Harry Potter. Probably No, Daniel's okay. I mean you're saying, but by the skin of his teeth, he's okay in a way that's remarkable when someone comes out of that experience. Yeah, I guess like English again, I think that helps because they're all like do the work, Darling. Yeah, what do you mean again? Like English in the movies, Yeah, which we love. Yeah, I think it's I think the English are a little more like this is a real doll. Like we're like in La it's like do coke, little girl, Like, Yeah, I think it's a little more like, you know, let's do Matilda together. I think anyway, the traders, the traders, the traders. But I'm excited for the traders.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of people upset about Michael Rappaport, right, but you know whatever, he'll the trash take every time.
Speaker 2: But what did you think about how they did with the Survivors. I think the Survivors three they kicked that.
Speaker 1: I think they probably they probably like got rob Cesterernino because Survivor didn't and Natalie people and Natalie people were saying she was maybe rumored for fifty Oh wow, okay, like Natalie a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think who's the third one? And then this guy Ian Terry a great big brother and the housewives they've chosen her good to this is what I But they make the same mistake that they've made for the past three seasons, four seasons now one drag Ras contestant, I know, just give us to just give us too wired her a rumor that Jujubi was supposed to be on Juji would be amazing. That's what I had heard, because I think that they were trying to take the note of not just one drag race person and who is exchange? Well that's good, Yeah, well that I like, well, that's like I'm interested to see what allyships happen.
Speaker 1: I do think it's like on paper, it's my favorite people, and I think I know the most of these people, because sometimes I don't know the Big brother people. Feel like we really went away from the challenge. Yeah, we really did. I wonder if that was a note or something.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: You see Natalie's cry on or whatever it's called Lower Third Amazing Race, which she was on first, but it is so interesting she's a survivor survivor and then on the finals of another Survivor she's amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, maybe that's maybe she's pissed off at Survivor. Yeah, maybe I think it was maybe just NBC trying to be like we diverside our profile. I don't know. At first she was on there's definitely some type of war between the traders and traders, Yeah, which she should they like steal us people. But also it's like, well give them a chance. It's it's just Jeff.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, moratorium on Jeff. Maybe I hate to say it, not moratorium what does that mean?
Speaker 2: It means like, let's do like a discussion post discussion post mortem. I think it will be worth it to have confusing it with post mortem. Yes is what you say when one of your friends is being too gay? Yeah, yeah, moratorium on all that. Pause? Oh great drag name Maura.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm still so pissed. I want I wanted to stay on my Criterion closet. My drag name would be Janis Films. That's really good, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: That's really good. Anyway, My new drag name no beauty, beautiful dress. Oh mine has always been for a long time, pretty girl. And then go, hi, I'm pretty.
Speaker 7: I heard a great one in Fire Island at the you know, little wear away get to contest some gay guy who I'm crediting. Some gay guy guy said Donna Tella verse top me, and I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: That'sverse top me. So if you're the very top verse top me, daddy perfect as a verb first top me, missus verse top me. That's what? So? How was it last night? I got verse top.
Speaker 1: It was really good, he taught me, but reminded me he could bottom the whole time. I can, but I like to bottom.
Speaker 2: I like the bottom for verse topping.
Speaker 3: To be the full Jarrand is really funny. He was verse topping me, he's verse topping me.
Speaker 2: He's first versing topping, versing topping, versing top. Let's just say some top. That's good. Yeah, verse on top, tops, verse bottoms.
Speaker 1: We have to stop saying as three different things and we have to start a war tops verse. Oh wows time we settle this in the streets. And I think the bottoms are gonna win. You think they have something to prove, You think so well, they have skills. Wait, tops have skills.
Speaker 2: I know they don't know. They don't know, they don't what else No, that's no already no verbal verbal no, no skills okay. Bottom skills are everything, taking dick everything. I think of the bottoms.
Speaker 7: They are artists, bottom sculptors. They're intelligent, they're painters, their sculptors. They're your mother, you're they're your daughter. Tops are nothing. Tops are nothing. Tops are nothing, and they bring nothing. I really want to go to twins versus alls this.
Speaker 2: Year mean too, But it's always like it's so packed. It's packed that there's like there's there's no air conditioning, that you're allowed to smoke cigarettes, you're in a war torn Always the videos.
Speaker 3: Because one of the events is like who can smoke a cigarette the fastest?
Speaker 2: I celebrate, But as I recently walked into a house party and went I stepped through the door and said, I'm too old. That's amazing, I'm getting there. I don't. I loved the youth, and I love to be the old, weird grandmother with the youth. But sometimes you just walk in You're like, oh, of course, and that is that is simply I went with like air conditioning in the event in the middle of prize. Yes, not because of the twins and the dolls fighting. I would love to watch that at my age or any age. There was actually a time, like not long ago where I was I was sort of talking about like how oh, I was talking to someone, but then I realized they were twenty two and I just couldn't talk to them anymore. And I realized that age and I realized I was talking to a bunch of twenty four year olds, right, And I was just like, got it, where is the last And I realized I'm old and weird. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's braved to be both brave to be old verse weird. Yeah, this is weird. That's gonna be a crazy cold chat.
Speaker 3: I missed cool shit, weird chat meets an era, an era, an era about.
Speaker 2: What that is?
Speaker 7: I'd love to So I'll be telling some of my jokes and my stories in the narrative stand up kind of way. Yet I'll be doing a two thousand slide PowerPoint where I'm powering it and I've memorized all the cues, so we're sort of juggling that tightrope walk. Wow, we give you the laughs and pathos that is the Off Broadway stand up experience.
Speaker 3: When what will it feel like, you know, when you you know, hopefully this is in decades from now, when you close the show, But what will it feel like to release those cues that have been sort of swimming in I'm gonna make them.
Speaker 2: The future.
Speaker 7: Yet, I'm gonna I know, when the show ends, I'm going to make them open source, copyright free. Everyone can own it, everyone can do with them what they want.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna make it funny. You gotta make you laugh. You got to make me laugh. What crazy thing to say to me.
Speaker 7: Is the person who's designed Because there's a lot of texts amazing. We got a custom font made by mister Teddy Blinks, who did the title cards for Wicked, and.
Speaker 2: He made me a fund that I'll be using. Can I say something about people who make typefaces, fonts and also who like graphic design and brand ship at the highest caliber? Is it appropriate?
Speaker 3: Different ones too? They felt different from once, they felt different. They're like, they're just like comedy nerds, Emily Pentagon and Teddy there's.
Speaker 2: Teddy did o'mary as well, like these people Kate show like, these people just love a comedy show.
Speaker 3: Like Emily Oberman like designed every SNL logo since the nineties, designed the thirty rock logo for the show, designed like it just designs everything.
Speaker 2: What can we say? And she's working on culture you can cut it. Yeah, no, she doesn't care. I love that. I don't care either. People don't know of her work.
Speaker 3: She does no, But Pentagon is Sleigh Pentagon. Like when I was working in graphic design, everyone was like, well, that's Emily Oberman, that's Pentagon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're learning and that's a better eye for that. But I'm glad other people do. There you go. One time I was in a musical and I was playing a role, and usually like the roles don't dance a lot, and I was with another role and we were standing in the back and I was like, I wish I could dance, and then he goes to me, but then we wouldn't get to watch what beautiful, beautiful, that's gorgeous. Oh I love to watch. I love to watch.
Speaker 7: Can I just say that's how I feel when you all talk about the Traders? You would you like to know more about the Traders, but then I wouldn't get to watch, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You can always watch the show and then conversation pop it out. No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: But why what I asked, with no judge but only curiosity, why haven't you like been like, let.
Speaker 2: Me try My truth is I find it to be for I love that my sisters love it. It's tedious.
Speaker 7: I feel neutral on the show, and thus I don't really watch. But I can watch with my girls and be disconnected from the season and have fun watching.
Speaker 2: The challenges literally do not matter. So that is like a huge flaw. Yes, in theF of the episode could be cut and it wouldn't matter in.
Speaker 7: The slight And I know this isn't a requiss aspect of the show, But I also don't watch like any of the franchises they draw from.
Speaker 2: So I also don't really care about the Avengers of it. That's what I meant. I meant like even the survivors, and for both of you. And this is purely this is not.
Speaker 3: Housewives and all these things, Like I feel like you there is there is a alternate timling where you guys are obsessed with these.
Speaker 7: Well, let me say, if Traders was drawing from Okay, Love on the Spectrum, Couple's Therapy, and bake Off, I'd be watching they should be bake Off, Couples Therapy and Love on the Spectrum people.
Speaker 2: Then I'm wah, you know, I'm watching. I usually only like reality TV when when it's a contest. That's my problem with house is, like I find it tedious when like no one gets eliminated. See, I think your issue is you're not watching Housewives like it's a contest. Totally is no to be honest. When I see the reunion at the end and you see where they're it's almost like that those are their like final seeds and then people go there.
Speaker 4: But I like the like next season all new people playing the game again versus like and now.
Speaker 2: That you know and I don't care. I love someone to watch it with people while they tell me what I am watching.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Aaron's introduced me to all the Peak Survivor seasons. I've had an amazing time. Yeah, I often watch Housewives when I'm on a Jet Blue flight. I have an amazing time. So I get my sisters like them, even if they're not the shows that are for me. They're not the culture that made me say culture is for me.
Speaker 1: What is something that your lover was into that as a result of them just sort of being so into it that now you're into it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you both have a long, long time partners, and I would imagine you at least picked up something from there and.
Speaker 2: Weren't just definitely into your thing.
Speaker 1: They're just only ever thinking about what you want to do, acting like a narcissist that I think at some point there must have been something.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm so sorry. Would you say that back? I was not listening. I was thinking about myself. Just say that all again.
Speaker 1: I that there was at least one time where you were like, hey, that's interesting something someone else was doing, saying being involved in what does that?
Speaker 2: Do I have to be into it now myself or can I just enjoy it?
Speaker 1: Well, ideally, Aaron, ideally it was something that was interesting enough that your partner was into that you wanted to stick with it.
Speaker 2: There's a meme that Michael that I trade. It's two kittens and one sort of has his or hers little hands out, and it goes me listening to my partner's interests. And that's really Michael likes to just sort of like often stand because he's a he's a mover around, whereas I'm sort of I'm always like draped across furniture, and he will just stand and tell me about something that I have no that I could never do or understand. I'm simply the cat. And so while you're like that, like the cat, are you remembering what he's saying? I remember some stuff, but you know, he gets granular. He's telling me about like sewing patterns and things, and I'm like, I'll never understand this. So that's not one of the things I'm asking about. You something that he yeah, what's something he loves? You? Now love because you know he no, no, I'm trying to think of a singing artist. He got me into bat but that would be like back in college because now we're so meshed. Well, what about twenty years of nison aa? I love he got me into those honey, couldn't get you out, couldn't get me out? You got stuck? Whoa hot? Tell it down to the hospital. There is this like subgenre of erotica, like you know, fiction where like that he got you into? No, I sadly got myself into this, but I don't even like this genre, but I have read it. It's like the Got the Top is really stupid, like very very dumb how novel? Yeah, and likely story he keeps accidentally like whoa like getting stuck in the bottom or the cocksucker? Oh, whoa? Up in their body or in things like in their or hole like whoa, I can't get it out? Whoa?
Speaker 4: It's like the bottom sort of like like I feel like it is usually like told from the bottom's POV.
Speaker 2: And they're like, and you're here, yeah, yeah, we're like I you know, my roommate was so first person wait, so sorry, it's sort of the almost got you into the Michael, your husband. Just to just to confirm, we did not find a thing. We didn't find a thing. You think of something? What about you?
Speaker 7: I don't want to give him more airtime. But Blake did get me into Harry Potter because I had not read and he was, let's get you more airtime.
Speaker 2: No, fuck her her, fuck the show. Oh yeah, I actually my real take because I don't want to watch that show. Who is gonna watch that show? Because we already know it the movies. Don't do the show movies. We already have the movies. You already have the books. What's done is it's the HBO max needing. They are desperate always for another game.
Speaker 7: But yeah, he did get me into that. And then there's more like you're saying, like not culture but timpermit things. He slows me down in ways that I appreciate.
Speaker 2: That's wonderful. I want to do something. I want each of us to go around and for each of the other three people say that say a thing that they that the person got them into. Oh I love that. This is really good.
Speaker 4: Wait, okay, I want to get this right. I think it's both of you. For me, it would be music I can think of like specific music.
Speaker 1: You and I would say for Aaron, you reinforcing like the survivor thing for maybecause I feel like my also Guy Brown and us to talk about it a lot, and I was just like, once I realized that, like gaze, like we're having fun talking about it.
Speaker 7: Like you, you you really have Matt Rogers broad in my pop music knowledge in a way that I appreciate because I even like pop, but I listen to a lot of other things, and you've like gotten me into some girls I wouldn't have gotten into.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, you because it came up earlier. You did get me in a couple's therapy, which and he got me a couple of stories that came from you. I loves. I feel like earlier in our relationship, you helped me fill in some of the gaps of like Aaron canonical. This is to Aaron Jackson canonical, you know, old school Hollywood queer film. Yeah, because I'd see a lot of the top line. But it's like I had only seen like three Betty Davies movies before I met Aaron, and then it was sixty or something. I think, yes, and I think you definitely got me into Persona five and then probably other video It's most im I'm a video game. I'm not too.
Speaker 3: I will say weirdly. Weirdly, but like Jesus Christ Superstar. I never at the first I saw it was was the live version at your house.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god, that was. That was fun.
Speaker 3: A bunch of music for you, bunch of TV, but mostly TV for you. Reality comes yes, yes, and I but I it's but it is transferred in this direction to sometimes Aaron reinforces what Matt, what Matt?
Speaker 2: What Matt tells me about you Know what's interesting is it's like it's funny to like have that question and then us like I have to answer it about you guys, because it's not to be like tweet or earnest, but it truly is like comedy at large, like and being yourself on stage. Like so that's like actually true and real.
Speaker 1: I remember when you guys like were inviting us to hang out with you guys, it was like whoa, because you guys were the people that we looked up to.
Speaker 2: So I guess that's the answer. Do you remember to do that at the Duplex? No? Like waiting for the tour? Will you do that? That is? Actually I tell you something.
Speaker 1: Whenever I'm suggest thing Zola numbers, you're gonna think it's like, oh, so Mac can do his bullshit No, it's so bowen can oh?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 7: And I like to get into some of the laur again. We gave them Barracuda. Yeah, Bang Bang is a signature piece that needs to come back.
Speaker 2: I literally think of you and I no matter who sings that's Nancy Sinatra or whatever, I've like, No, he doesn't better, he doesn't, he doesn't better than Gaga.
Speaker 3: I'm doing a Gaga impression when I'm Sangwhan.
Speaker 2: He would agree, it's the best performance of the song I've seen.
Speaker 7: Can I say something. I'm reading Jeff Hiller's memoir right now, Delightful Bug. He brings up this moment of like him being the you know, like holy gay guy at U c B.
Speaker 2: And how much he was like, you know, referencing Wicked on Harold Knight and the coach being like that's too niche, don't you know? I mean that?
Speaker 7: And then through like seeing us do twins and then all of this young he was like, I sort of learned from my daughters to be myself.
Speaker 2: I feel that in a big way too.
Speaker 7: Like when you're saying like, oh, you're talking, I'm like yeah, But then when you all were doing what you were doing, it allowed me to be like, oh, ship, there's parts of myself I'm not accessing and not leaning into. It's all cyclical, you know what I mean. It's intergenerational. Yeah, exactly, it's not. And this is Jeff his mother and everyone needs to put respect on Jeff Hiller.
Speaker 2: Hiller the moment, by his book, by by his book, and watch the show and watch the show. Love the show. That is interesting. But I think there's that because I'm like sitting here being like, but what is it? And then I'm like, oh, it's like it's it's hard to pinpoint because it's just like been everything. Mm hmm. I love that. We should I love it. It's everything. We should writ a Broadway show.
Speaker 7: We should write a Broadway show all of us. It's for the tour, for the tour, it's about I think it's a Broadway do you think getting.
Speaker 2: No, it's like nonfor cities. It's on Broadway. It's on Broadway. That's one of the four cities, Broadway, West and West End, Disney and Tokyo Disney. Should you do one of the like little amphitheaters in the park, you know what I mean? Yeah, like as one of the gazebo by the vision that theaters free vision for long put in.
Speaker 1: So the Muppet section in Hollywood Studios is going down so that Monsters Inc. Can be the Monsters. No, sorry, the Muppets are now going to Rock and roller Coaster. Okay, So it's sort of as is written, so it shall be done. Arrowsmith bequeaths to the muppettit hoo bequeathed to monsters.
Speaker 2: So rock and Roll Coasters is not gonna be about Aarosmith an what's come out? It will be rock and roller Coaster starring the Muppets, okay, which I think is kind of fierce, will make music. I always thought I learned the ride rock and roller Coaster, but I did think an Aerosmith ride was a little Disney straight, a little strange. It needs it needs to go ten years ago, where's the Muppets are a big family band working together.
Speaker 3: Matt had a theory that Rock and Roller Coaster was going to go to Olivia Rodrigo and I was.
Speaker 1: Told that in a real way, and it was someone who claimed that they knew it. Was like, well, you know, they're changing the theming of Rock and Roller Coaster from Aerosmith to Olivia Rori.
Speaker 2: In five kind of I kind of understand it on like an I'm gay level, but does that work on a world on a world level, like in five years, this woman is going to look completely different, will be this? Wait? Who is it? Should be the Goofy movie band? Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 4: Well tom Nye and Charlton who have the They have a bit that they want Disney to be. They want the characters to be controlled, like by each character as a president, so like Mickey has a president, Goofy has a president, or you know of the of there is there like main pr person and they're like working around like so they control everything, like putting Donald in the movie, getting Donald a ride, collabing with another character.
Speaker 2: It's just really funny.
Speaker 4: It was like a publicist war, and it called them the Big six. And who do you think the Big six is the I love.
Speaker 2: That, Well, it's Mickey, it's Minnie, but they probably share a publicist. No you don't think so, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're giving her autonomy, and her autonomy is to choose everything is just the girl version of Mickey. Okay, if I'm her publicist, I'm fucking getting on the phone Mickey, goofy Donald, because they're all in Kingdom hearts.
Speaker 2: There you go, this is just a bad publicist if she's just getting her the girl.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm just saying telling me that Mickey and Minnie have a different publicist.
Speaker 2: They do. I think Mini's publicist fucking sucks. Well, do you think carry Coon and Tracy Let's have the same publicist? They do different things.
Speaker 1: I think Tracy lets says no to a lot more than carry Coon pul opportunity.
Speaker 2: Because they have different publicists. Yeah, I don't know that they do.
Speaker 1: I actually would you know what, I bet Tracy Letts is like, doesn't even really right.
Speaker 2: And so it's Mickey, Mickey's a writer, Minie's a star. We don't think that that's true.
Speaker 1: Mickey out there out there that much either. I got this is what I'm gonna say. I really think Mickey and Minni have the same publicist, just like I think Donald and Daisy. No, you know what, Daisy has a different day.
Speaker 2: You can talk about Daisy and what she's up to and what she's into, but you can't say that about Minny.
Speaker 3: No, but but but Donald, I fear Donald has scientologists vibes because Daisy is not showing up anywhere.
Speaker 2: It's Shelley mskivage vibes.
Speaker 1: When you talking about you know exactly where she is. She's in that room at the Disney World ride where she teaches uspell A.
Speaker 2: In media, don't.
Speaker 3: You don't see Daisy ow. It's a huge underrepresentation of You can't.
Speaker 1: Say that Daisy Duck is like Shelley Muskavision when no one knows where Shelley Muskavig is and.
Speaker 2: No one knows where she's in two places, the the Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway in Orlando and the one in Anaheim. We've seen her twice.
Speaker 1: And what she does thing is serious. That Asy Duck thing is not. She's got her own publicist and she has a job. She's a dance teacher. I think this is I think this is good.
Speaker 2: This is good. And then we were thinking, what Chip and Dale, Goofy's got a fucked publicist, like it's what is gooner? He's a gooner. The publicist is a gooner. Goofy. Why I'm really saying getting on his toes, Josh has been saying that a lot due to his Spanish lessons. I guess, yeah, how are they going along?
Speaker 7: My Natalia Natalia Lesbiana Columbiana Malta.
Speaker 2: As Obsessediri. She's a Colombian lesbian. She's a lesbian living in Malta. That's cute. Did she sorry? How did it come up? Arianna? Did you tell her that you know someone who knew her? Well? Did you know her? Well? It's me. Oftentimes it's like what did you do this weekend? Oftentimes it's like what did you do this weekend? I'm like where Sam I went to Saturday Night Live and she's like, wait, Ariana Grende host, did you meet her?
Speaker 7: And I go, well, yeah, I was like she's sort of a friend. Wow, almost amigas and your Spanish sounds fat. It's it's gotten better.
Speaker 2: It was one of my things after the accident that I was like I want to reclaim this thing and be like, next time I go back to Mexico, I'm like, oh, remember last time you came, and now you speak better in Spanish. You know, like one of those where I was like I need to come back and not feel like I'm coming back after the time that almost killed me. It's like, oh, I'm coming back to her at Spanish and to learn more about the accident. Go to actually, are you literally at about the accident? It's yeah, there's like it's certain in the last like twenty minutes, I love Biente.
Speaker 1: See and if you don't know what the accident is, you gotta go to the you gotta go. The accident is profound, it's formative.
Speaker 7: Well, I know the cultre is just girls, the katies, the publicist theaters. They support in a deep and down way, and they'll be coming to Chesse Theater.
Speaker 2: I know this, dam. We don't know much more information. It's going to be incredible, fantastic. We were joking at this this disappearance on Moscle is for Josh Press and he goes, we should do it together, right, and I was like, yes, we did my novel one together too. We because because I'm sort of doing a bunch of podcasts right now for this and this is the only one we're doing together. That's true forever. I think if Aaron's like truly like on an Oscar campaign, you would be the biggest actors in the world. We'll be like, well, but you'll do everything that's being a mag on my Oscar campaign. But we've sworn to never be on this podcast alone. But what if your name isn't in the Gay Village like Spacey, I think we will.
Speaker 7: We will stick to each other. Well that's actually for y'all. Then if one of us becomes Spacey, it's like, well, are you going to book to.
Speaker 2: Get the other? I love the sentence blackened in the gay village, the gay village. There is a gay village and it's called Pines. I was gonna say it's called town, and it's called pe Town, and it's called the gay village. Meakura, it's called Chelsea Hell's Kitchen. It's called Chelsea Hell's Kitchen. So you're sort of cooked. Then. For the rest of the summer, it's been very fun as people are like, do you have any summer plans to go anywhere? I'm like, I'm actually traveling nowhere. I'm spending all summer treading the boards in the West Village.
Speaker 7: There's a romance to being like I'm doing my off Broadway show seven times a week, and then I'm going to Via Corona Fir Martini every night.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. I'm living in that romance. Julia or temperance, wine bar. I'm living in the romance of being like a summer spin off Broadway in the West Village, Great else Theater. Don't worry Aaron A. Yeah, I want Texan, So I think it's it's not going to be Twins Versus Dolls. It's gonna be well er.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say everyone should go to Twins Versus and I'd love to come. I would love to get to air conditioning, and it's not I want to get a shirt soon that says I can't I have tech.
Speaker 2: I can't I have tex do the dry erase board around your neck because you're on vocal rest. I love that for some reason.
Speaker 3: An image that flashed in my mind last night was like Sadie Sink like her whole summer, just like I guess I'm going home after the show, like I'm not going out because I had the itch to go out last night. But it's like, do you know you know who's not going out this summer? Put some respect she's.
Speaker 2: Got at all? Can I just say she said? She said? She is adult. I've gotten to know her for Kimmy and the show really lovely in that way where sometimes when a person is that famous.
Speaker 7: You're like, we thought this about Megan thee Stallion. We're like, she can roll up and be a B I T C H down and I'd be like worth it because of your talent, because of your everything. And Megan Stallion the kindest person we've ever worked with, so lovely, Sadie sink nice at all.
Speaker 2: Damn Dough looks you in the eyes, asking you questions, remember things about you, you know what I mean, like wonderful and great, great from the show, and they all are everyday.
Speaker 7: Telling you true ensemble piece and Alsa speaks to Sadie to me that I'm like, it's very cool that in this moment of like herci, you're like, I want to do an ensemble piece a lot of other people you know.
Speaker 2: And it's about what it's about.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what I left thinking, being like, Oh, she really, like you know, swung the big stick she's got in the industry, and you know, like in this way of highlighting this play, which is I think going to be made much more popular if she than if she hadn't.
Speaker 2: I agree, And actually I have a real request for katies and readers because Kimmy, who again is like rural Georgia girl and me were all North Carolina boy. And it happens that her Broadway show is running summer when my show is. I always joke that we're like my dream is someone does a two show day and goes to see John. Imagine the freak who does a two show day of our two shows and one of your people will do that And if you do, d m us because we want to celebrate you. Is John Proctor open ended? Do we notice that it's.
Speaker 7: Running through August right now, just leaving and they have this new girl whose name I'm forgetting, but she's fabulous and it's through into August right now, and show.
Speaker 2: She's leaving to mar a Marvel.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like you give them one one for you, one for them for the one John Procter is the villain, one Marvel.
Speaker 2: For them. Yes, the publicist to do both shows in one day. Now, do we settle who the Big six were? And Mickey Donald Donald, Daisy Goofy and Goofy Bluto have the same publicist. No is Goofy's dog? God? Do you think Goofy is a dog slave slave? So far as any pet is what you mean? Well, they're the same species. But one is yes, one is one is owner. One is or.
Speaker 1: Man's best friend by Sabrina Carpet or a cuple gay couple up play pop play. Goofy doesn't have a love interest quote.
Speaker 2: He doesn't. There's no Goofina. There's no Goofy. Uh, there's no it's actually really coaching number thirty. There's no there is. There is no Goofy, bring off Goofy. It doesn't even in Goofy movie. Doesn't he have a kid but no wife? Yeah, and there's no golfer. There's no golf Who is Goofy? Who's related to Goofina? Is she dead? Did his wife died? Sorry? There's good. There's Goofy. There's Goofina, goofa goof goof girlfriend that's is o and she's steady nous. They're non binary friends. Oh, they're all sletty. They're Goofy's X and they're not the whore gape flood Gabe. They're gay horse shop it with Gaber. I'm telling you you want to stop the games, stop the gapes, the steals, stop the gapes, mind the gapes, mind the gap on the gates. Uh huh ros gates what's your problem with gabes some big yeah looking in the mirror? Did you see did you see that character on gay Twitter that was going around with a big asshole? The character. When I say character, I mean real human man who was like No, And can I say to the earlier question, this is why you taught me, this is what you brought, you taught me, this is what you've taught me, this is what you've taught me. You have been because I do you think I've been changed for good? The way she goes for good for good? I was just like you say, I've never been to New York, never been to New York, New York's Remember she wants to come back to the boards, Rosie Broad the Irish boards. Yes, that's where she is. Maybe the West then the Northwest. Think she's coming back to America? Really? If you if she did, what do you want to see her? Well? She did for well anything, I would to be clear, I'd love this country to be safe enough for Rosy o'donald to be in it. Oh god, all that aside there I said it. I want to see you want to see, but do you want to see it? That? That was really good?
Speaker 8: Someone tell me what in my time?
Speaker 2: I get that dream from my eyes? Suck.
Speaker 1: I could kill the role. You can kill the role of actually is the role I was born to play? What Norma Desmond Nicole schures in her version.
Speaker 2: Actually, I actually would. You could tell the whole story with your eyes. It would be good in that.
Speaker 7: If I ever get the camera the little eye moment when they pull in on their eyes, do it to one of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the eyebrow left, that's really good. If I ever get what's it Broadway Backwards or whatever, whatever, I will do that miscast miscast yeah, yeah, yeah, probably think Broadway Bears. Oh you should do it at Broadway Bears in the nude, being like all close, like a huge, really heavy garment. Always one look at Broadway Bears while everyone fucking starts crying with one gate, they're not even there crying because they're paid so much money. Nick Adams, like, we have fucking not with one look my college my college friend. Really, I didn't know that you have dicks? No, no, no, no, all right, well that's a story.
Speaker 5: And I wouldn't kiss and tell even yeah I never kissed. It's the tape of him kissing Intel, Like I'm kissing this.
Speaker 2: I don't tell you. What's a time you really regretted hurting someone?
Speaker 7: When I didn't cast you in Dixon, when I didn't cast you as a neighbor number two as mister neighbors, miss mixed neighbor.
Speaker 2: It been funny. I don't know when I really regretted her. I threw sand in little girl's eyes when we were little evil bitch. She was nasty. What did she do to deserve that? She was being in some sort of way? And then she blamed the boy I was standing next to, and he went to the principal's office wanted to school. But I can see the whole emotional landscape of this. You.
Speaker 1: She probably was picking on you because she liked you. You took sand in your hand, through it in her face. She goes, it was the other boy still wanting to defend you still because she wanted she She's just she was blinded.
Speaker 2: She was in fact literally Yeah, well I wasn't even talking about it like that, But yes, little girl, I wish I had not throw a stand to your eyes. You don't remember her name, not all. I don't even think we were in the same class.
Speaker 1: Where do you guys stand one saying people from high schools first and last name just because you know.
Speaker 2: Them depends what you mean. Like on air, just in your sort of in life.
Speaker 1: You have there living their life and like they're they're you know, doing, going about their day, and someone goes, oh my god, you were mentioned front and behind name.
Speaker 8: We were?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 4: You and Patrick Rogers were out together one time and somebody was like, oh, my good friend from Honors English. This girl I used to know an Honors English texted me. And then we were all like, I'm going to text my good friend from Honors English because the girls.
Speaker 2: Your friend from Honors English. Real.
Speaker 7: We literally did this recently at a concerts. I don't know my exact girl. We'll do it as soon as it you have to say, God, I have.
Speaker 2: To do that. Could bring in my phone. We're all going to text a girl from high school honor or.
Speaker 9: No I know, I'm just gonna shout this person now and we're gonna who gets a text back first first, because you know you're not gonna win.
Speaker 2: I it' It is very out of the blue, like I have not reached out to this person like this is hence the bit. Okay, here comes Baca with the phone. But thank you. Okay, great, so you don't have your phone either, Jesus, do you okay? Giving professional three way three way raise? Okay? What are we saying to them? Textile girl from high school English? Goa? But what is the say? Whatever? You think? Whatever, whatever?
Speaker 7: Really, I'm just gonna say, back in New York, Back in New York, I just wanted you to know I'm doing well. I book all the time.
Speaker 2: Random here, I'm saying, random ass back in New York. Hello, when can we do berries?
Speaker 4: What are you going to say to yours? I'm saying, happy, happy belated birthday to the name of Minus Si child.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna I think I'm gonna get this is so huge.
Speaker 1: And mind you, I didn't say that. You couldn't have talked to this person in a long time. I just had that had to be a girl from high school English.
Speaker 2: And let me just say, I know we could have also fetched my phone and I could have participated, but then I wouldn't get a watch. I can't believe you guys are still texting you. You could have just shut off something sweet. It's because it's been a long time and it's it is such a wild like what the fuck? Like? Why enjoy this concert? To text that person? It is kind of girl from you and Yang.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm just saying, like it's been like it. I don't know a decade, it's been a decade. But last text I sent her June twenty fifth, twenty thirteen, mine, Oh my god, what mine.
Speaker 2: Was on my birthday? Because I got a birthday text. I don't keep up with high school friends. I don't this one. I would love to more, but I just don't. These women say she's got her receipts on, and I say she hasn't read it yet. I just want to shout out, Kaylea Stirback. You really she she introduced me to Radiohead. You got to get my friend. I don't know if it was red, but she got me. She got me in to be or Melanie Chase back then.
Speaker 3: Those behind every gay guy with like good music taste is a straight girl in Honors English who taught them as.
Speaker 2: Sam didn't teach me any any any cool thing, teach me any cool thing.
Speaker 1: She was class president and I was the secretary. I was okay at that and we both won an award at our high school for being the top pe students. I went to prison with fic Zone Award.
Speaker 2: Did any of you go to prom with these women?
Speaker 4: I went to a prom, but I went to like a like freshman or sophomore year, like dance the Valentine's.
Speaker 2: As a gig guy, you needed the girl from Honors English who gave you cool music and would go with you to prom. So Pat Reagan was the one who inspired this. No Patrick, Patrick Rogers. But I can't remember why it came up. I was maybe texting. I think I was talking about how Melanie got me into all my cool musis. Maybe that was it. Yeah, oh yeah, we were having that conversation. We were having a real girl and all that. You to text that girl. This is the thing about like and say I love you, I cherished you, I love you. I chairs a lot of gay men who moved to New York City. Did the morning announcements? I did? I did the morning announcement? No way, I did. I did the morning announce I did not. You had four of us I did the morning announcement? Were either prom or homecoming royalty? I was, I was, Michael was, Michael was proming. Michael was prompting. So I was homecoming, we were.
Speaker 1: Homecoming king and read the announcements, and I was prom king and read the announcements. Period we I think we've been No, no, I mean we have, but now I'm just.
Speaker 2: Everyone knew at home.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of like, wow, that's and you're acting it like it's the first time. Yeah, And you know, Bowen superlative was morenday to get on Saturday Night Live?
Speaker 2: Was it really? Yeah? But that that was like the funny way of like funny is like class clown? Yeah, that was like, yeah, mine was. I was second place for three things. Mine was most likely to do a twenty first first movie first, I guess. I guess we'll see if that happened to twenty first. Mine was most likely to be on Broadway by it I haven't done, most likely to be on Broadway love. I was second place for best dressed, most athletic, and attached to the hip with my best I actually don't remember. I think it was class clown or something, but I don't remember sure. And then.
Speaker 3: Autos English class girl, who taught you cool music? Oh yeah, that's like the common.
Speaker 2: Yet of three ain't bad? I bet you have another one lead a place feels very gay. Guy going to New York to wait, Oh my god, did she get back? Oh my god, Oh my god? OMG? Is this for real? Every time I say, what did you say? Do you feel comfortable reading what you said?
Speaker 3: I said, random ass, Hello, it's going. If you're ever in New York, please reach out and say, hey, hope all is well? Kayla heart emog and what does she say?
Speaker 2: OMG? Is this for real?
Speaker 3: Every time I see you on screen, I get so excited you made it. I actually still have you saved in my phone. I'm so happy for you. I'll definitely reach out if I ever find myself.
Speaker 2: Out that way. Kay let's story back. Can I say? I can't believe Sam is flopping? So you made it a contact? This sucks, sa I found Some of this was after the accident, but some of it I think it's just becoming the age we're becoming. I have been a lot more wistful because I do feel like, especially being like, yeah, rural South and whatever, I moved on from that period of my life and then I just not. I don't think of it much, and I've become very wistful for some of that, and I've done a lot of this. I'll just like remember people in text, and I'm doing a lot of that recently. It's good.
Speaker 7: I think it's very healthy to keep these connections. I wanted to tell these people like, you know you did something because I.
Speaker 2: Have been changed. I've been changed for good. I really am for good because I knew we really we were more of that. No, we need I think I think that's been a discussion at one point.
Speaker 1: You need to have Bellflower and Rosie Donald I'm sure is a fan of yours. And Rosie won time said a very nice comment about something.
Speaker 2: I was she was gonna say.
Speaker 7: There's a class of celebrity where I go. I wonder if they've seen Dix, because I feel like they probably have, and Rosie.
Speaker 2: Is one of them. You think she has, don't you imagine she loves musical I think she loves musicals.
Speaker 1: She loves all things gay. Yeah, she said a nice thing about I love that for you her liking that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved that show.
Speaker 3: This is what you tell A twenty four marketing Hey a twenty twenty Hey, Ariana Grande, huge fan of Picks the musical.
Speaker 7: Yeah, use that clip, that clip, that clip it she was, she was so put it, so put out. The blu ray A twenty four Marianna wants to buy you know.
Speaker 2: What Ari loves. I've told you guys, this does before your car, saying that her color Toura does before your car. Well, that is an amazing lyric. Mason Lane saying Cynthia were great on drag Race the fun now they've filmed it before the first one came out, but everything was very yes, which is very funny, just how time works and the falseness of show business.
Speaker 3: We've been over this in Bracket too, which like a moment that I think speaks to all four of us, which is when Bracket two first meets up in the work room, Lydia about whole Collins goes to mistress Mistress Isabel Brooks and goes, Mistress, it's so.
Speaker 2: Good to see you. And then mistress goes and it's interesting to see, interesting to see you. I loves bitch and they were crazy interesting to see, interesting to see you. I'm like, I want to use that. The girls really gay. I gotta tell you who also ate this up. Last episode up was the Ginger Midge should we in for the tour?
Speaker 7: Like Chapel Roan have a local Draguen open each show. And so now let's pick from New York, Chicago, l A and or Okay, who are the queens? New York the original New York.
Speaker 2: Beams opening for us. Bob is local in l A. Now, yeah, originally from Madonna. What it's about? Bob opens New York, Chicago, shau A Shake and Chicago. Yeah, I love that. Better pay up and we will, We will three thousand dollars. Actually love to text people when we're having people do our imprompt shows. We always say this is a paid opportunity because it is. Actually I enjoyed the chest. I should say that to the track. This is a paid opportunity for us. Probably what large venue would do this? Don't worry. This is a pair.
Speaker 8: In l A.
Speaker 2: Delta Work, Delta Walk. She could open Orlando. Roxy Andrews of course, yeah, the original double header double head, double doublehead.
Speaker 1: You'll never forget when me and Henry cap Ski ran into Roxy Andrews on Islands of Adventure.
Speaker 2: That's really that's just really good stuff. Love that really good stuff. Well, I think it's time for I don't think so, honey, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Honey, this is our sixty second segment where we take some time, make a sixty seconds. I just said if you listened, and I can tell a lot of you aren't. A lot of you tuned us out a long time ago. Well listen now this part, next part is going to be good. Listen now this I don't think so honey, we ran something in Coach that we don't love. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: This is Matt Rodgers's I don't think so, honey, and his time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so honey. People having a problem, because there are people out there that have a problem with Sabrina Carpenter's album cover being her getting walked around like a dog. Let me tell you something. This is you're never going to look back on rausing one of these pop girlies about the subversive thing they're doing and feel good about it later.
Speaker 1: You gotta let the girls be the girl. One of Madonna's early critics, you're likely embarrassed now. If you're one of Gaga's early critics, you're likely embars us now at all. Sabrina counts as this if she wants to get walked around like a dog and put it on the album cover. That was her empowered decision. I am sure of it. And lots of people like to get walked around like dogs, all right. I actually have been confronted with this myself sexually. It wasn't for me to walk the person around like a dog. But I celebrate that person.
Speaker 2: I know they're going to find an amazing partner, just like I know Sabrina is going to find an amazing place.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's looking for that when she put this album title together. I think she was looking for very very much this discussion. And guess what she won.
Speaker 2: You know who loses? Oh you losers who are criticizing her. You man, why don't you s t f you? And that's what really good. She's kind of a Pluto. I think she should be able to be walked on. Awf alish that guy who wrapshi stuff in the carpet. I think Sabrina and the publicist, yes, sah, that would be smart because they're they're they're because they're both different things. Sam Blonde walk around like dogs? Yeah? Can you believe though that people are literally like about now this conversation.
Speaker 1: It's just like the album cover is her and it's like it's called Man's Best Friend the album and she's on all fours and like someone's got a bunch of her hair in their hands.
Speaker 2: Cool, And it's like and people are like, well, what about the messages since the young girls? I'm like, are you actually saying that sentence term?
Speaker 7: I think boys non gendered? Man is non gendered, sis girl, These are all non gendered terms. He knows whose best friends.
Speaker 2: Friend is ungendered, best is gendered gender, best is best best.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to be this person, but I feel like this, this this discourse coming out while World War three is starting right also so kind of it's.
Speaker 2: Like, what, what's what are we doing? Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, like I do think it's gotten to the point now where in the like f for to talk about anything else other than whatever horrors. And by the way, we are recording this a couple of weeks before this comes out, so we may have experienced more horrors.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you, but like it.
Speaker 1: It's kind of just like the desperation is jumping out in terms of like finding other things to talk about, and this is just so stupid because we've had the conversation a million fucking times, Like she is outside of this thing of like, what's she going.
Speaker 2: To mean to young girls? She is like an artist.
Speaker 1: And also, like she said in Rolling Stone, like it's not her that's making the songs popular. It's her that's making the song's quality. You are making them popular by consuming them. And so if you have a problem with it, stop consuming it. You just refuse to do that because you always be straining streaming, Sabrina, you can't help it.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the Idol the Weekends? The idol I did not know? The little girl star Lise her. She released an album cover this is fictional pick leaked of her with cum on her face, and then Troy sevonn is like, let's make that the album cover of Vibes so right in a fiction year world, a girl had come all over her face album.
Speaker 7: Never find Me, being like, never forget people did this to me in my album when the cover was my gape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look at them now you're that character from Twitter. I'm that character from Twitter. And they said, what about what this is saying to young girls? And I said, who, I don't care cues. This isn't four young girls speaking.
Speaker 3: Of com I've this is this part, this this kind of segues nicely into my own perfect So this is Bowen Yang's I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 2: His time starts now, I don't think so, Honeyone come mixes with water, then it becomes a little rubber bullets. Now you work with ice.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, honey, I see you got to pick a consistency and stick with it.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: It becomes hard and little rubbery congeals these It congeals into these little balls. You will never be flubber. You will never not with Robin Williams. May he right in peace and power and get it. Pick a color besides white white. First thought you could have been green. You could have been flubbered, but you will never be Come when it mixes with water, I don't like it. Speaking of spacey when I jerk off in the shower, I don't want to do that anymore because the cum gets all weak. American beauty, American beauty. It's an American beauty reference. And uh god, what else?
Speaker 2: What? What's what's the big pop culture moment that com has had something about Mary? You know, white House interns dress? You got you gotta pick Jeffrey Tube. That was all the nineties. You haven't had a big moment since the nineties. Come, you will never be flapped. You will never be You're stuck in the nineties. Not like Flubber. The thing that it gets lost about Flower Flubber was actually just trying to be helpful, like that's the thing, and he didn't like it's like you created to assistant.
Speaker 1: I mean they wanted to lift the mood. They wanted to live and create a better work environment. They wanted to get things done quickly.
Speaker 4: That was the idea of the invention, was lift the mood, like was to lift I can't remember. I've seen the film. I can't quite recall.
Speaker 1: I think the plot of the film was he created Flubber and correct was just trying to mine.
Speaker 2: A party. And also like I don't know, like be around. That's actually what's fucked up about cum that come is so like, oh shoot me, it's fun. It feels good. Ha ha ha. It's also like use me to make your family right, which is it? But also I'll ruin your sheets and the arm hair with the water. I caught the arm hair with the water. Despicable. You've been fucking in the tub lately or in a pool. I don't know where this comes from. You've been fucking no, where does this come from? Tell us where the cum actually hasn't happened in a while, but it's it's one of those. The first time it happened, you encountered this, you were like, what the what it should wash off? You're like, okay, now, I yeah, I know, I still won't go. I jacked off in a hot tub years ago and saw this with my own two eyes, and I was like, well, if that's what, howpons, that's the last time for that. You think you're sick, you think something's wrong with you, that's the last time for that. Yeah, I said, that's no, I think it was. I don't make it really a habit of doing it in the shower. You were fucking by the river? Yeah, yeah, advice ago.
Speaker 1: We can't ever tell what happened to that come because it never came out of the sky right yours, I was right into the sky, did not come.
Speaker 2: I actually didn't know that. He knows. He's big bro. He knows. I'm sure someone has listened to you, know they do you think? Matt Rogers in twenty twenty one, Yeah, down by the river, it might just be big bro God to text him after this? What was I I was going to say something, bro? He responds to you first, next your king top.
Speaker 3: But I will say, here's the only bodily thing that is allowed to ruin my sheets, poop and ship.
Speaker 2: And even that doesn't ruin it. You can get no no, no clean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need oxy. But you you you say when that happens, you say, God bless, I don't mind. I say, And this happens to you every morning.
Speaker 2: You're saying, and it's it's not and it's permissible poop poop? Do you guys think that we can see?
Speaker 1: Do you guys think out of Bone and Izs friendship that he's the top and I'm the bottom? Out of your friend like within the ship top friendship bottom? Who's the top and who's the bottom?
Speaker 2: Got my gut hmm, but when you're in the top, But I don't know if that's right. I'm just going with my gut. I think that's the top. Yeah, I'm gonna go top bottom. I'm a I'm a I'm a chic chill bottom, chill bottom. What's the lyrics? Who's the top the bottom in our friendship? Do you think two tops to top bottom. Never the twin shall meet never, Never the Twain shall twink. So what do you I don't think I have one. Yes, I'm ready, all right, Well, this is Josh Sharps. I don't think so, honey. As time starts now, I don't think so. People who I don't think so honey. No, people just take it from the time. That's all.
Speaker 1: That was insulting from the keep all of that in because that was insulting that you've been on the.
Speaker 3: Show for nine years. The pro fuck up so bad it's inspired. Let's take it from the TI al right, because.
Speaker 2: It doesn't happen during the off play. I have a very good one. Okay, this is Josh Sharps. I don't think so honey. His time starts now, I don't think so honey. People who don't like the things I like? I like things, yes, and when the things that I like happen, I like that. The feeling I feel is like, so if someone does something I like, maybe I join in because I like that thing too, even if the circumstances don't allow me to join in.
Speaker 7: I like that they're doing the thing I like. Don't do When people do something I don't like, I feel dislike gun it.
Speaker 2: I am frustrated, I am annoyed that why are you doing this thing I don't like? Would just do the things that I like? Do better? So I implore you, when you are around me, and honestly even when you aren't, because behind closed doors you're your most true self. Do things I like. Yeah, don't do things I dislike. I wish to feel like. I do not want to be clouded by dislike to day life. All of you need to do things that I like when you are around me, and even if not, I like what I like and you should. And that's that one. Wow, that was powerful, that was so good. It was poetry. That was poet. That's just gonna have a lot of people thinking, what are what are examples of things that you like? Things that I like? Are like things that I like? I like, and the the things I don't like, Oh girl, don't do them because those are the things I don't like. And you won't like that, and I will not like that. You know what I liked When you do things I like. You know what's good about all of us. We all know the things that each other likes that we just don't and we don't push it, of course, not like I told you when you guys were vibing out to b York at all, I just I sat and enjoyed our joy. Yeah, and I started at stick at that moment because of the drugs, not because of our joy. No, that was because of other things. Oh that was when I got whole fever. That was a whole fever. That was the great That was a whole other era, whole whole other gape. All right, Aaron, do you have an I don't think so, honey, I have when it came to me, all right, this is Aaron Jacksons. I don't think God girl, don't forget good God girl, I'm ready. This is Aaron Jackson's I don't think so many time stress now, I don't think so, honey. Why has no one started a business that's like a ride share, Like it's like a limo that you ride in with your friends, except it's in a hearse and it's really spooky, son.
Speaker 4: I think there'd be a coffin in there and it could pop up and scare you, and there's dry eyes. The show ever closes, which it won, he could be the dead outlaw and thirty seconds, and the driver could be kind of Dracula, would you like under And there's dry ice in your drink, spooky cocktails, and there's all sorts of spider webs everywhere.
Speaker 2: And I think that this is a business.
Speaker 4: Opportunity that could go year round, but certainly around Halloween or the fall. It could take you to a haunted house. And I just think it's a really strong idea and I need somebody to do it. I don't think so, say honey, honey, I'm sure this exists.
Speaker 2: You think you're sure.
Speaker 1: I think it's like you're looking for, essentially, like a mobile, haunted, haunted car.
Speaker 2: I want haunted limo, but a hearse. I think it's bigger than that. Different cars, and sometimes it's Lauren from them, Louren Ambrose, take some of your specifics. I think you'd be really excited to find out that this is a thing I don't want to take away. My cix are what make us us and make us unique.
Speaker 1: Yes, especially, I shouldn't have said that, especially when the powers that be are trying to take away all of our specifics.
Speaker 2: So you think it could be a long hearse, A long I loves and cobwebs. Now I was saying in the middle of that escape car as an escape room, but Cary, and that's just not just jumping out jumping car. But I think there should be an escape room that is themed to your kidnapped business. But that's different than what I want, I know, very different. But it's the potential revenue stream. Sure, it's just the idea is so good a businessman, so I don't have the capabilities to make this. If this bought you a dog walker, you would and a beautiful place to board the animal when I travel to and you want to like Pluto, that's what you were saying. Pluto is a slave to Goofy because you want a dog walker slave because they'd be the same species as you, and yet they have to walk your dog. No, because they get paid. Okay, learning is getting paid? Well, we don't know if it's enough. Do you think the persons why I wanted to get rid it makes sense. I hope the person watching walking Sabrina got paid. I think so. I think I probably that was. Dog walkers should be paid. Also, dogs, dogs are very empowered. Dogs are very empowered creatures. The sub is dom Maggie the dog that we met today, darling dog. Can I just say hand for that? For the last part of the episode, I think, and I get Maggie to sign a release. This won't make the dog nervous at all. Maggie, paw an ink and put it on a release. And then let's get Maggie in here.
Speaker 1: While they're getting Maggie in here, does anyone have anything final they want to say?
Speaker 6: Yes, come one, thank god, Yeah, beautiful bee, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Any of the cameras getting this, she's presenting. Come Maggie, come over, Meggie, come over here.
Speaker 2: She's Maggie.
Speaker 8: Come on.
Speaker 2: Oh you're too Yes, stretch out down and that's where down where dog comes from. Just so you'll know. We woke her up seventeen hours a day. Yeah, yeah, and they love to be woken up. Turned five. She's thirty five, thirty five, same Z's girl. So you want a c it twins versus dolls too, don't you You know? I think too.
Speaker 1: I wonder how Maggie would respond for us singing one of our songs before the tour end the episode.
Speaker 2: Yea, Maggie mes piano for once. Yeahs piano, Maggie.
Speaker 1: This one is going to go out to you girl, and basically we want you to know you're perfect just the way you are, which doesn't necessarily have.
Speaker 2: To be a good understood understood Billy Joel, Yeah, what I was going to do, Billy Joel, I love you. Yes, Here, here we go. It's before the tour, Before the tour.
Speaker 8: Bang Babe, Down, Bang Bang Babe, Sound Bang, My.
Speaker 2: Sees split by Bye Bye, by Bye. Last Culture Racist is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartRadio podcasts, created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yeg, executive produced by Anna Hasnier and produced
Speaker 3: By Becka Ramos, Edited and mixed by Doug Bamim and Nikola Board and our music is by Henry Koberski.