Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: Was that what's up? My people?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here once again. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, first and foremost, we have to let the people know that, like y'all, y'all did not hear an episode from us last week because we just needed a break.
Speaker 3: It was a vacation. It was a Memorial Day. Did you just look, miss?
Speaker 1: Our time is being used all up, and so we just were trying to do the best we can right now because it is a pretty busy time for us.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we're back. Yeah, we're back here today. Thank you Jesus. So good to see you. I know, listen, I'm being honest with Robin. Just took about twelve vitamins. It was like six mayby seven. When is it gonna kick in? She took six vitamins all the one time. When it's gonna kick in, like twenty minutes? Stay tuned, guy, you want to know what those were?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, I have an iron I have an iron pill of vitamin D.
Speaker 3: I have Macha, which is for like.
Speaker 1: Hormones, hormonal burberine force, which is like kind of metabolism ish okay, right, and then a immunity like something for your immune system.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Okay, it's gonna kick in. Yeah, give her fifteen minutes. She's gonna be talking all kinds of crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not to make me like, oh, and then I took this shot.
Speaker 3: So then I have this mind energy shot. This is the one.
Speaker 1: This is the one I need to kick in. Yes, So this is a mind energy shot for focused memory and dry.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's gonna be spending all kinds of knowledge, y'all. Give us seventeen minutes.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy though, Like I never feel the effects of like anything.
Speaker 3: I don't feel the effects of like.
Speaker 1: Coffee, Coca cola, nothing, energy drinks ripple, Like yeah, then why do you take it?
Speaker 3: Because I'm like hoping that one day, one day is gonna kick in. Yeah, one day.
Speaker 1: So even with like like supplements and stuff. I mean, I think supplements, especially the ones I just mentioned, it's more like a consistency over time, okay, versus like you know, so I don't know. Some people say, oh, I take my multi vitamin and I feel great, like I've never did, Like.
Speaker 3: Do you ever?
Speaker 2: I think I've been taking it for so long that I don't know, right, you know what I mean? Yeah, but if I do, I do notice if I like miss a couple of days, really, yeah, I noticed.
Speaker 3: So what do you what do you take? What kind of vitamins? I take?
Speaker 2: Jesus, I take a multi vitamin. I take the neutrifall I take, which is like for hair growth, but it also has other good stuff in it too. I take like a metabolism's speeder upper. Oh, and I take this other new stuff that like helps clean out your system. Oh okay, yeah, so that's like that's like three or four PERLM. You take that during the day.
Speaker 3: I take it in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh and does that have you like going to the bathroom throughout the day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know how to find the toilet okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then and then I put my drops in my chlorophyll I mean the chlorophyll drops in my water.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's enough. Yeah it's a concoction. Yeah, no, it's a lot. It's but it's so I've done. I don't know if I talked about this on the podcast, like a bunch of like testing and blood work and all that that lets me know like where my deficiencies are. And so that's why I take what I take.
Speaker 3: Oh you understand, Okay, maybe I should do that too. I think everybody should do it.
Speaker 1: I want to have So I have a I work with a clinical nutritionists and she's amazing and she's ordered all these different tests for me. Oh my gosh, I did this. So I did a blood test, a urine test that was more for hormones and stuff. That test showed me that I had like low estrogen, low testosterone, all that type of stuff. The blood tests, of course told me I had to like the low iron, the low vitamin d oh, said that I'm I am borderline pre diabetic.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, so I have to work on like work on that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that so some of these So I think the burberine or something is in something that I take, it is like to work on it.
Speaker 3: Why did you just ask your psychic? I mean they could just tell you save yourself a trip to.
Speaker 1: The doctor for my psychic told me I should work with a clinical nutrition Oh really, Okay.
Speaker 2: You're lying now, Okay, the lies, the lies, all right, we're getting ahead of ourselves because we have not done our reasonably shady moment.
Speaker 3: I know we haven't, but wait, can I finished? Yes, I gotta tell you about the stool test.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, So I did a stool test, right, I've done that, which is the most disgusting thing I've ever done in my life ever.
Speaker 2: I was just like, could you have the apparatus to like catch it from the toilet?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, which is like a paper tray right now. I was like, really I did, because I did colon Guard, okay, which is to check for colon cancer. And it's like the it's like the pre thing so that you don't have to do the whole colonnoscopy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh okay, and it's a whole thing. Yeah, but I took it. It's so funny. So did you have to like scoop out?
Speaker 2: No, you it's you put it over the toilet and it falls into this little bucket thing and then you close it up and put in the box and you have you have like hours to get it to UPS.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I took it to UPS and then you and I put it on the counter and the guy was looking at me and he was like he like barely picked.
Speaker 3: It up to take it to wherever the hell he needs to take it to.
Speaker 2: Its hilarious because on the on the outside of the box says.
Speaker 3: Cold of guard what it is. It's like, I need to put my gloves on.
Speaker 1: Well, my test was super disgusting, so I had to catch it in the train.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you take this little spoon and you take like.
Speaker 1: Four i'll discuss, scoop out four different sections of your stool, put it in a.
Speaker 3: Tube.
Speaker 1: You lost me with, Yes, discus, I had on double masks and on double gloves. I had like stuff and you have to like put it in the in the tube that like has some like pink liquid in it, and then you like mix it.
Speaker 3: Up, shake it up.
Speaker 2: It was disgusting. Okay, that's your shady moment. The fact that you're telling me that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I know I'm grossing and the fact that I'm grossing everybody out that that was the most I couldn't. It took me a while to recover from that. So, yes, I did that. I did DNA like genome. Yes test, you know, you swab your mouth and all that. So I'm waiting for the results on that anyway. Yeah, I'm doing like the full you're doing the whole manty. Yes, I need to tell every time the bottom had to tell.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, be careful with the did you do twenty three and me?
Speaker 1: Or the well I have done ancestry dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, be careful with that because my girlfriend of mine did it and she realized she has a sibling out there. So just be careful with that. You know what, you know, You're you're asking your far the question, excuse me, sir, why do I have a sibling?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 1: Sir? This is high probability, high probability of sibling.
Speaker 3: Yes, and some lies just need to lie, yes forever.
Speaker 1: I feel like a lot of people have probably gotten caught up like that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah for sure. Anyway, Okay, so is that do you have a reasonable shady moment?
Speaker 1: I mean we can just let that be.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it, because you're you've disgusted everybody. Okay, so mine was, and I do have to say congratulations right now to my oldest daughter, Grace Giselle Bryant, who is a high school graduate. She will be by time and listen to this, she's a high school graduate, so exciting and excited for her congratulations.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it. I know.
Speaker 2: So in in leading up to the graduation last week, they had a and I kind of told you something about some of this, they had a honor ceremony for the seniors in which they gave up honors and they separated so that if they did it the day of graduation, the graduation would just be too damn long end. Don't nobody got signed for that, And you know, graduations a lot of grandparents and they can't sit through.
Speaker 3: I was this nonsense. They got to go to the bathroom. How many people are in her class?
Speaker 2: Like a hundred something like maybe one twenty, so not huge, not huge. But the honor ceremony, the girls come in with their cap and gowns on, like they come in.
Speaker 3: I wasn't ready, guys.
Speaker 2: The music started playing like doom doom.
Speaker 3: Kind of making the music up. Doom doom, doom, doom, doom doom.
Speaker 1: They play that graduation song whatever, yeah something, they're proessional, Yes they can't walking in with their cap and gowns.
Speaker 2: I proceeded to bust out crying like a bad cry, like an ugly cry, like, and I'm sitting with angel and the door and Grace's dad because angel na door decided to sit with us as supposed to sitting with their class.
Speaker 3: Oh nice. So they're all like, Ma, you're gonna be okay? Is it gonna be okay?
Speaker 2: Jamal rubbing my bag? Are you get it together? Is what he's telling me. This is the shady part.
Speaker 3: I'm looking around. No one else is crying, No one else is emotional.
Speaker 1: Now that's that is.
Speaker 3: It's crying. Yes, So I'm thinking to myself, is something wrong with me?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Why am I crying? The only parent that loves their kid clearly? Clearly? And y'all rest of these pants are shady, y'all. Don't care. Y'all just want your child to leave?
Speaker 1: Yes, those parents are like, yes, they.
Speaker 3: Are leaving my house. I can't wait for them to get out, get out. Yes, So I mean I would be you, I would be who crying. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't prepared, like I didn't know really what was happening that you were going to feel that way?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so it very much caught me off guard. Grace has been crying a lot, so you know, we gotta yeah, Grace's you know, Graces has very much a nice life, Like she wakes up in the morning when she feels like it. I don't ever really bother her about what She doesn't really go out that much. I don't really bother her about like coming home at a certain hour. So she's actually been footloos and fancy free for a long time.
Speaker 3: All her bills are paid.
Speaker 2: I don't know what bills she has, but everything's that you have a nice life, you have no worries. So she knows that that's about be Ova. So she's been crying.
Speaker 1: Oh, because she's going to be like in a hot dorm with a roommate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little a box of five by five sharing a bathroom. First of all, let's start with sharing a bathroom with one other person.
Speaker 1: Oh oh shit, that's better than what I had. I know what I had to share a bathroom with, like thirty women.
Speaker 2: I had to share with the whole floor. Yeah yeah, communal. Yeah, that's what that's called.
Speaker 1: That's communal. Yeah, that's community much. Yeah, so they don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: No, she's got one, you know, one other person that she's shares.
Speaker 2: But still for her, it's like She's never shared a bathroom in her entire life with her sisters. No, no, never, She's always had her own bathroom.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be a little culture shock for her. She's she's she's crying, but I wish her well.
Speaker 2: She I think Grace is just a completely amazing child and she will be taking.
Speaker 3: Over the world. And she's leaving early, right, Yeah, she's leaving early.
Speaker 2: She's doing like a little summer session, and which is great for her because that'll get her mind right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that'll break her in real quick, I know.
Speaker 2: And imagine that because I'm taking her down. And uh yeah, I think her dad's gonna have to pick me up off the floor because he's coming too, So he's gonna be like, and that ain't around the corner either, No, what you mean?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, it's a location, like you can't just pop goeze it, drive, you know, three hours or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's closer, he's much closer. Yeah, but oh yeah, yeah, yeah he is. Just Ella's not. Do you know do they have air conditioning in there?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm about to find I'm gonna let y'all know if they have air conditioning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I drop off. It's either gonna make the difference of a quick drop off or.
Speaker 3: A long one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if I go into that room and it is hot and I see a fan blowing, Oh hell, now that.
Speaker 3: Was my life did you have?
Speaker 1: That was met Maryland to be on the seventh eighth floor ac Eastern Hall, Eastern Hall, with the with the fan in the window, like that was torture with a roommate.
Speaker 3: Like, so does she know her roommate. Yes, they've been dming.
Speaker 1: They they can't exchange numbers, they just DM these Listen. I can't talk about this these young kids.
Speaker 2: But what I do like is when we talked about this, people down walking down the street be like, Grace, give me your cash app to send graduates money. Because I remember back in the day I had to wait for like my grandmother to give me a check, a check which I could barely read because she was too old to be writing a check.
Speaker 1: At the at the time.
Speaker 2: But anyway, people just walking walking up cat given asking for her cash apps.
Speaker 3: I can give her some money, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 3: It's a new day. Times are different. Times have they are so different.
Speaker 2: But speaking of times, we got to pay homage and honor miss Tina Turner.
Speaker 3: Tina, I mean a legend.
Speaker 1: I was kind of surprised to hear that she passed because I always felt that she was still more in great shape.
Speaker 3: No, not anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean she was only eighty three, right, Yeah, but eighty.
Speaker 3: Three is old. I mean it's old.
Speaker 1: But I felt like she was always in much better shape than true. Her age was true, do you know what I mean? But I don't remember the last time we've seen her either, Like do we know when?
Speaker 2: Yes, it was a couple of years ago when they did her Tina Turner on Broadway.
Speaker 3: She came to that.
Speaker 2: And she was walking slow, but she still looked like you know Tina Turner. Yeah, but like think about the life because everybody saw What's Love Got to Do with It? Yeah, By the way, I'm telling my kids, Tina Turner passed away, So I had to explain to them who Tina Turner was. And then I said, by the way, y'all need to watch the movie What's Love Got to Do with It? Because it was, you know, the story of her life. And I said, you know, Angela Acid that's when Angela was like Angela Bassett.
Speaker 3: I think that was like her breakout role.
Speaker 2: I would think I would say so yeah. They were like, well, who's Angela Bassett? I said, do you remember Aquila in the Bee And they were like, oh yeah. I said her mother. So they were like, oh, yeah, we know that. I said she was married to Larry Fishburn, you know who that is? And they were like nope. And I was like, do you remember Blackish? You know the grandfather all Blackish? They were like, oh yeah, right, Like it was hilarious how I was to.
Speaker 3: Realize who these people are. But that is funny.
Speaker 2: I mean my favorite was rolling, Rolling, Rolling down the river?
Speaker 3: Is that are we doing it? Justice?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Rolling?
Speaker 2: And you see Beyonce is giving her h of course every five seconds.
Speaker 1: I mean if she didn't, that would be surprising.
Speaker 3: Oh right, not right right?
Speaker 1: Yes, but I used to love was love?
Speaker 3: Got to do it?
Speaker 1: What was up?
Speaker 3: But a second hand bo shu. Yes she was sang that song. Yes she did, Yes she did.
Speaker 2: And then like to see all the clips of her and her career and just like she was selling out stadiums, yes, all over the world in the latter part of her career, yes, which is phenomenal, Yes, all over the world.
Speaker 3: In two thousand and seven, she performed her last tour. I got on that plane, Yale, I took a deep breath and I said, it's over. I really felt like it's over, and I'm glad it's over. And I went home. People miss you, though, Tina.
Speaker 4: That's okay. See can watch the videos.
Speaker 3: I tell you.
Speaker 1: When I watched the videos, I'm jumping and moving enjoying those.
Speaker 3: But I'm finished with it.
Speaker 1: And she definitely paved the way for artists like a Beyonce. Like Beyonce, I think probably got a lot of her performance elements from Tina Turner because there's not a whole lot of women out there doing what Tina Turner was doing this.
Speaker 3: There's just one, I would say.
Speaker 1: Right, Beyonce, I would say, you know, I would say Beyonce probably pulled from Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Oh, yes, the Boss, Danna Jackson, Janna's action. Yeah, but it's you know that was her inspiration, yes.
Speaker 3: No question. My inspiration these days is Blue. Have you have you seen Blue make her appearance at the Renaissance tour?
Speaker 1: That made me so happy, Like when I saw it, I was just so I was like a proud mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like I was just like, oh my gosh, this is like I was just thinking two things, like how proud Beyonce probably was absolutely being on stage with her daughter, Like you know, that's kind of similar to like Lebron saying he wants to play basketball with his son, like that would be phenomenal.
Speaker 3: And for Blue like, oh my gosh, like can you imagine this?
Speaker 1: Right, First of all, she's probably already super proud of her mother, Oh yes, Like can you imagine like that's your mama and she's selling out stadium. Yes, And then you know she is not too big to like not allow Blue to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, it seemed like Blue has been like at rehearsals and stuff with her for years, right, and she'd been.
Speaker 3: Picking up them dance mode. She got that one two step right right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first time she was a little step, yeah, but the second time she on the red she killed it.
Speaker 1: She killed yeah. Yeah, you could definitely see she was a little more comfortable. They probably I bet you a million dollars, she probably watched it like your performance like fifty times, just like you know, Corey plays a game he wants to watch all his highlights, you know, so she probably was watching it and they probably went over it and be honestly was like, Okay, you got it two days, you gotta do a little more, blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did see, you know, most.
Speaker 1: People, of course, were like so excited. I did see some comments Whereeople were like critiquing her dancing and listen, Leave was a trained dancer when when I was ten, I was a trained and I was doing this and I was doing that, and she shouldn't be up there, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, why shouldn't she? Right? What who's that? Had the haters?
Speaker 1: If your mom is Beyonce and your mother says you want to perform, yeah, come on songs, yeah, it's just say, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So did you see that Beyonce.
Speaker 1: On in the credits somewhere of the Renaissance Tour, it shows that Kobe Bryant's daughter.
Speaker 3: Natalia, it's on her interns, right.
Speaker 1: Like an intern something on the production right, pa whatever? I did you know that people were literally complaining about that, like, oh, rich people, you know, get all the handouts and that's not fair and that's taking away from someone that you know, yeah, literally calling out and you know, I wouldn't say it's nepotism because they're not related, but calling out, you know, just like beyond looking after a rich kid or whatever, beyond you know.
Speaker 2: So, so in order for Beyonce to hire her, she's got to be poor, like I'm confused, right.
Speaker 1: Or she can't come from like a privileged background or her or a celebrity, you know, she has to come from listening. And it's like, well, first of all, first of all, who's to say that Beyonce doesn't have a staff full of kids that don't have the same life as Natalia Bryant.
Speaker 3: There's just because you don't know that that's happening.
Speaker 1: And then like Natalia is still a human being, she still gotta work.
Speaker 3: It's something called looking out for you and yours, the you look out for people.
Speaker 1: If actually Beyonce would be wrong because like Beyonce knew Kobe, she sang at his funeral. She has you know, these people know each other, Like that would be kind of wrong. If Beyonce is like.
Speaker 3: Nah, girl, you gotta work for that, I ain't you know what I mean, Like what she ends working for, she's starting at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Right, I know, but it's just like people, I don't know, human beings these days are it's every People want to complain about every.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what. They're not complained about the Little Mermaid.
Speaker 1: Okay, selling complain about it, but keep going. It's busting records. Okay, it's a record setting. It's like it's like for Memorial Day weekend, it's like top.
Speaker 2: Five for the weekend. Ever, Wow, that's a major. That is beyond major. I heard somebody at the ow the news was talking about it, and it was like an older man.
Speaker 3: And he said he saw it and it was great. Really.
Speaker 2: Of course, people going to be haters, but like, can we have a moment please?
Speaker 3: It's not that deep, like, let us have a moment, right.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, I mean, look I don't. Okay, yes, let's have a moment. Let's support. I agree with that. However, if it's not that great, like, there's nothing wrong with saying, yeah, I want't that great, like I wanted to support, but it's not that great. I did see somebody and it was a black female who took her daughter to see it, her young daughter, and she said it wasn't.
Speaker 3: That Greatkay, Why can't you just keep that to herself?
Speaker 1: Because we're in the day and age of everyone sharing their opinions, their experiences, what they do, whatever you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I tell you what's not great? Did you see it? I did not see it yet.
Speaker 1: Do you plan to?
Speaker 2: I plan on seeing it because the girls, my daughters, want to see it and they want us to go as a family.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, actually they told me that they were going to go see it without me because they wanted to have a sister moment.
Speaker 3: But I told them I'm going yes. But can I tell you what's not great?
Speaker 2: There's a high school in Texas and this is unbelievable to me that had to postpone graduation after eighty five percent of the class fails to earn their diploma. Wow, what okay? So to put this in perspective, they get there, how they get there? So to put this in perspective, only five out of the thirty three graduates uh huh had had earned the or had fulfilled the requirements for receiving their diploma.
Speaker 1: What so it's only thirty three people in the class.
Speaker 2: It's a small class, thirty three people, which is fine. So if there's only No, that's pathetic. No, which we're part. There's only thirty three people in the senior class. Yeah this school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're telling me the school could not do their best to provide for these thirty three kids.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's three hundred kids that most schools.
Speaker 2: Have, right, so that I felt the same way. If there's only thirty three kids, is it the teacher?
Speaker 3: Could it be the teachers? What kind of school is this? This is in Texas? Okay? Is this a this is a public school? I don't know if it's public of private, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: And by the way, guys, Carly's not here today, who normally makeup stuff?
Speaker 3: She normally fat checked.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't even matter because if oh, oh, I'm sorry. This school had recently adopted a four day school week to improve in attendance and engagement.
Speaker 3: Take a day.
Speaker 2: That ship doesn't work, okay, because these people ain't graduating. And if i'm if I'm the five that earned my ship, I'm angry.
Speaker 1: And they probably skated by. They probably got straight seas or something. Right, this is pathetic, I'm okay, I need more details.
Speaker 4: Doctor, Henson says the failing students have been given many opportunities to make up work throughout the year. As you've heard, opportunities have been given, students have been notified, but some parents say otherwise.
Speaker 3: I didn't receive an email from the school.
Speaker 4: I didn't receive a phone call, and I didn't receive a letter of a formal letter. Since the announcement, students have been doing makeup work. Now seventeen out of thirty eight or eligible to walk.
Speaker 1: My assumption is this collect this school is some sort of nonsense, non accredited school, right, and you know, like some people just think they can start a school, right, so we think it's like a little charter school. I think, so okay, that's what it sounds like. They and so whatever they had the students doing, it wasn't what they needed to graduate. But they weren't fulfilling the requirements that they needed to actually turn a diploma.
Speaker 3: You figured that out in October, Yeah, not made.
Speaker 1: You make excuses. I'm just trying to figure out how this happened.
Speaker 3: And if I'm just smart, it's almost.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, I could have I could picture something like this happening at Kanye West, Don the.
Speaker 2: Academy Kanye, I didn't say that that was Robin Dixon, Okay, because I'm not gonna throw shade on Danta.
Speaker 3: You weren't here reports.
Speaker 1: Like, first of all, they have like a non disclosure, like the people can't even like talk about what's going on there.
Speaker 3: But then you hear like they only serve them sushi for lunch, like yeah, like crazy stuff sushi every day. I'm kind of not mad at that. I kind of would love sushi every day.
Speaker 1: But anyway, and then they're wearing like the kids are wearing all easy Yeezy's, the like the all black, baggy T shirts, baggy pants, like they look like they're little Kanye's homeless.
Speaker 3: Did you see the picture of Kanye in the leggings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait minute, with the shoes, the slock shoes. I don't understand the slack shoes. And I don't understand why everybody who.
Speaker 3: Dates him has to cover their face up, like it's very weird to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know at this point, like I think he intentionally does it just so we can talk.
Speaker 2: We can talk about it that you and I, But did you write because no one else is talking about Kanye anymore not even Kim. Okay, have you seen the shirt with the shoulder pads. Yes, and he looks like with the leggings.
Speaker 3: Right, and this is a look.
Speaker 2: First of all, the shoulder pads look like looks like he's like Superman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks cartoonish. Yes, yeah, he looks very cartoonish.
Speaker 2: And is that a look? No, that's not a look. It's kind of like the red the big red boots.
Speaker 3: Why did it become a look? It can't because the big red boots, I think are gone.
Speaker 2: Nobody's wearing those anymore because for what I just say at people were falling over.
Speaker 3: The big red boots. Had time go, I.
Speaker 1: Saw some like designer brand made, was it Louis Vuitton or something.
Speaker 3: With the logo print all over it?
Speaker 1: When those so it was like, look like the red boots, but it was with a designer print logo on it.
Speaker 3: That's a mess. That's a mess. Okay.
Speaker 2: I really didn't want to bring up this this story here, we have to talk about it because I feel like it's unfair, but I don't want to be a target.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to say that moving forward, the I R.
Speaker 2: S IS admits they admit this nonsense that they that black tax payers are five times more likely to be audited than any other race.
Speaker 3: They did admit this, They admit it.
Speaker 2: What Yes, they said that black taxpayers are audited at a higher rate. Researchers found that black Americans are up to five times more likely to have their federal tax returns audited than taxpayer payers of other races.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Okay, is there a reason do they do they explain a reason behind that? Are they saying, like, yeah, it's called racism. Well, yeah, that's the reason it's called Yes, you're right about that. But I'm wondering if it's because there are errors in their reporting and.
Speaker 3: The black people's reporting.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I say that because I had a group of girlfriends. Yeah, this is years ago, when we were younger, like you know, a few years out of college. I had a whole group of girlfriends and they they got some man to do their taxes.
Speaker 3: Who is the some man?
Speaker 1: Some man okay, and he got them all this money back, right right, they got this big old refund and yeah, every last one of them was audited, like.
Speaker 2: Okay, So but it was because he did did he have to sign as the person who did?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, they audit that guy, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is I wonder if there's a higher percentage of people using like a shady tax preparers who are getting them like these big refunds, and it just so happens that demographically, that's how it ends up being, right, I don't know, I'm just I'm just putting.
Speaker 3: It out there.
Speaker 1: Well, I know all my girlfriends got audited because they want shady man, Okay.
Speaker 3: Or we can look at it this way.
Speaker 2: The one percenters of the world who don't pay taxes, right, ninety nine point nine percent of them are white, right, and so maybe that could be causing this could be skewed that way.
Speaker 1: And you know what's crazy because you know, just being a business owner, I know how many like loopholes there are for us, and how many you know, you know, write offs and all that type of stuff there are. And so it's crazy that it's that this percentage that you're saying, they're saying what black people are five would you say five times far likely to be likely to be audited, where I really don't think it should be along racial lines. It really should be like business owners. Entrepreneurs are five times more likely, or you know, big corporations like these companies that are that have all these write offs and all the you know, are are taking advantage of all the loopholes, like those should be.
Speaker 3: The ones that are more likely to be audit audited.
Speaker 2: If the one percenters would pay their taxes, right, none of us would have to pay taxes.
Speaker 3: Right exactly.
Speaker 1: So it's like you worrying about you know, the black community's taxes when you should worry about the one percent taxes and that would cover everybody, everybody, and we wouldn't have to pay taxes because we are not the one percent.
Speaker 3: Well it's it's not.
Speaker 1: Good going to be the one percent one day, y'all. Just let you know.
Speaker 2: And and but it makes you feel like we you know, when you check the box about your race on your taxi, you should lie.
Speaker 3: I'm down for the lone.
Speaker 2: Can you put other? Can you put like I think others a red flag? If you put other, thy coming for you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: But I want the irs to know this is a disclaimer paid taxes used.
Speaker 3: Michael from the corner.
Speaker 1: Listen, if the if the tax prep office on the corner.
Speaker 2: No, if you go through a drive through to get your taxes done just to believe you're getting audited, Okay, these are just red flags. Okay, you cannot go through a drive through.
Speaker 3: Whoo baby.
Speaker 2: You guys have sent us some commentary, some comments, some stuff, okay, and so we want to make sure that we respond this. And I'm really intrigued and I have additional information on this subject. Cause so a couple of weeks ago we talked about men measuring their penises, and I know we've circled back on it. We're about to triple back on it. So I did some asking and okay, fine, I asked Jason, and I was like, when you were young, you know, was that like the thing to do? And he was like, well, yeah, I mean when you're young and y'all are all getting erections and all are excited, you don't want to be like the kid with the small penis. So you you do some measuring and you might have to lie. Okay, but it is what it is.
Speaker 3: So there's that. So what age did he did? He say? I didn't ask that question. I'm just curious for my own you know, for your knowledge. Okay, Oh yeah, because you got two boys.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're probably doing Corey is probably doing some measuring right now, he think. So is there like a measuring tape like in the kitchen in the kitchen drawer, it's missing, it's missing right now, you know what?
Speaker 3: I do have one.
Speaker 1: I do have one that has disappeared.
Speaker 3: Really okay, that's why.
Speaker 2: All right, so Josh Jay said in response to the penis measuring, Yes, I did sometimes under the age of twenty five. So this is kind of like your your requirement, I mean, not your requirements, but your barometer.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I wasn't that focused on on it now in my forties because I'm married and no one has complained or laughed, and I didn't want to get ranked.
Speaker 3: So do women?
Speaker 2: This is this proposes another subject. Do women rank men's penises?
Speaker 3: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: I have never had a conversation with like, how do we know?
Speaker 3: No, we do not, we do not. Okay, well, I don't let me say this.
Speaker 2: In college, if a dude was trash, everyone knew he was trash, meaning and trash could be several things. You could be a minute man, You could have a small penis.
Speaker 3: Those are two things.
Speaker 2: If you had one of those two things, everyone on campus knew. Really, yes, that that is going out immediate.
Speaker 1: See, I don't I feel like women or females aren't as open to sharing, you know, their little sexual deeds with with just everybody. Well, no, you're gonna tell one person, who's gonna tell two people, who's gonna tell four people.
Speaker 3: It just travels. Yeah, yes, I've had to share.
Speaker 1: That news with people.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. Okay, huge fan of the show.
Speaker 2: This is from It's from Aleen, huge fan of the show and Day one listener of the podcast Day one. Okay, Day one, We love our day Wonders. When I was younger and starting to notice my penis growing, I would measure it annually, so like once a year on February first, it was going down, just to see if it got bigger. I'm embellishing. He didn't write that. The last time is probably in my early twenties. I'm thirty seven now, the.
Speaker 1: Early twenties again. Yeah, the guy said twenty five and younger.
Speaker 3: So I guess by the time you hit twenty five, you're like, it is what it.
Speaker 1: Is like, not growing anymore. It's kind of like, you know how they grow in height, because like you know, Corey's obsessed with checking the sea, like if he's gotten taller. Right, So I assume while you're getting taller, your penis is also getting longer and then bigger, wider, stronger. I don't know, says oh, right, right, So maybe that's what's happening. Simultaneously, as you grow taller, your penis is grown into and then at some point you stop growing taller. Yeah, and then I wonder if it's at that same time that your penis stops growing longer.
Speaker 3: I think that's it. That must be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like twenty five it's a rat. Yeah, and I think that's when their their brain is fully formed.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh is it? Oh? Possibly? Yes, that sounds like it.
Speaker 1: And then you know what though, guys, I feel like at some point you might want to start measuring again. Why because like, don't it start to like go the other way? No, wouldn't they get older?
Speaker 3: No? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well they said, if you're if your stomach starts this, this is a fact. If your stomach starts getting fat, your penis shrinks.
Speaker 3: Well I think that's perspective. That's like, no, it's not so.
Speaker 1: And once you started bigger, your stomach is the small it looks no, it just yes, that's like a perspective thing, like because you're because your stomach is bigger, your penis looks smaller next to it. Okay, but if if, if they're hearing it from stomach can grow and your penis can't. But if they're hit you from behind, the stomach's going to hit you first, right, or the stomach is going to stop the whole asinus we're talking about.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but listen, so I say, measure it up until twenty five.
Speaker 3: That's right, I am.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh okay, But this guy says, this is the last one, y'all. Okay, he said, I wanted to be a trooper. It's from Austin. He wanted to be a trooper and answer the guy's question, I measured my penis at least once a year.
Speaker 3: Whow everybody does this? He said, I'm.
Speaker 2: Thirty two now, and I think mine keeps getting bigger every year.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, he was wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, Austin, he said, I'm not complaining, but my partner doesn't want it to be any bigger.
Speaker 3: Shut up, Austin, now you lie right.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is okay, he said, thank you guys. Keep Uh okay, he works at Coca Cola. Okay, so Penis gets bigger every year. No, I would believe that. And he's thirty what thirty two?
Speaker 3: Thirty two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that thing must be gargantuans.
Speaker 3: Austin. Robin wants to know. I want to know.
Speaker 2: I want to follow up, like, how big is it actually? Because if you started at two inches? Okay, we don't care, okay, which is absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait while you're looking for whilere you're reading through that, do you watch selling Sons up?
Speaker 3: No? No, okay, but wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Grayson emailed us letting us know that one of Nick Cannon's baby mama number nine.
Speaker 3: Yes, what's your name? Uh? Is it is? This? Is this a Bree girl? Brie? Not sure I know a girl? About halfway through the.
Speaker 1: Episode we meet it is Brandon baby number nine. I literally fell out on the couch immediately thought I have to tell the girls. Oh we met him recently. You love meeting you both in Austin.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it Bree something? I think it is Bree? Okay, Yeah, so we got to watch just to get them.
Speaker 3: Okay, but let me take what Bree said lately.
Speaker 2: Bree said out her mouth that she doesn't need child support from Nick, right.
Speaker 3: She said, Nick is not my sugar daddy. No, he's your baby daddy, right, and your baby daddy.
Speaker 2: Needs to make payments. This is the monthly to support your child.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, So I think when they say this, I think it's like they don't need child support, which is a technical term, right, right, an official term, because he probably is giving them money anyway.
Speaker 3: But that's child support. Well what is it for? What's the money for? Right?
Speaker 1: But I feel like I feel like they're using that like to say like, oh, I don't have to take him to court for child support. No, But they're also leaving out the fact that he probably pay you know, he probably pays for everything. I just I do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I agree with that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want her to say this ever again because you we all know why you had the baby in the first place. True, like in no shade do you boo? But like Nick has made it very clear like these women wanted my child, so I gave him a sperm, right, I knocked him up like it is what it is, which is very strange for him to say, right, And then he said something the other day. He said something like, Beyonce isn't one of the best people on tour.
Speaker 3: Is the weekend or something something. Oh, goshik is.
Speaker 2: Doing the most I hear in the streets, and if he gets anyone else knocked up, it's I'm not gonna be able to take him.
Speaker 1: You know, Taylor Swift is next. Oh he did he say that? Yeah, he was joking.
Speaker 3: I mean he won.
Speaker 1: He said he would like to get her like he would like for Taylor Swift to be Listen, let me tell you what. Taylor don't know the baby right, he got someone one of them Lamborghini truck recently or something like he gifted them with something. So I think he treats all of them, probably very well.
Speaker 2: But child support shouldn't be looked at as like a bad word. I agree, because the truth be told, it's for the children, right. So if you're thinking that the child support is for you and the latest bag you want to buy, that's the problem. And that's why you're saying he's not your sugardaddy, and you're confusing that with child support.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I think that's what most young ladies think, that when they get with a celebrity or an athlete or something, they're looking at child support as their support.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I think that that's that's some bold Yeah, but I'm gonna I'm gonna digrest.
Speaker 1: Because they have to drive their children around in that luxury that luxury vehicle. Yes, they have to have the big, humongous house for their children to live in.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this where Okay, I have a couple more things. We're changing gears, guys, because you guys have sent in questions for us, and you know, every now and again we answer them. But I want to know the answer to this. So this says, how did Robin and Wan meet? I know the answer to that. Yeah, that's some school or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. School. Yeah. What was y'all's first date? Oh? Did I never? I don't think I know your first date?
Speaker 2: Robiney want first date because, mind you, at this point, I'm sure Wama's broke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I would love to see how creative he was. Look, this is what he had me head over heels after this. Y'all.
Speaker 1: Our first date was to a movie? Okay, Okay, I had to.
Speaker 3: Car, so I drove, so you pick you had to pick him up? Yes, I had to pick him up. We go to the movie. I can't remember. I assume did we go to dinnerfer We must have gone to Jennifer. I can't tackle Bell? Like, where are you in college? Right?
Speaker 1: High school?
Speaker 3: I was high school? Yeah, Taco Bell? Like where are y'all eating? Right?
Speaker 1: So I would say no, Taco Bell. No, So for us, like, like, you know, a good dinner at that time, yeah, would have been like Friday's or Cheesecake Factory. Okay, something like that. Yes, yeah, okay, So the only time that happen. I don't remember that. This is what I remember because it was a long time ago, nineteen ninety six to be exactly. So this is what I remember from the first day. We go to the movies. Yes, we see a movie called dead Man Walking. I think about a prisoner on death row.
Speaker 3: Who picked the movie? I don't know, because it was the most boring.
Speaker 1: Movie I've ever seen in my life. Right, and one slept the entire time. That was Is he still sleeping through movies?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: He falls like he's one of those people like let him sit down for five minutes. Yeah, and he's asleep, Like he falls asleep on the couch at home all the time. Like he'll be like, oh, let's watch this movie. He'll turn the movie on and then he fall asleep. Yeah, like and then I'm just like all right, like good night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so he and he's the type he can sleep anywhere, like I can really only sleep in a bed, like, but he can sleep in a chair, in a car, in a you know, on a couch, like. He can fall asleep anywhere, okay, in a lee theater. So you leave the movie and you're like, this is it for me? This is I am head. Yes, this is the But he's a man.
Speaker 3: He didn't say anything in the movie because he fell asleep.
Speaker 2: The movie's over credits running and wrote, Robin is in love and they've been together. Oh he's just so handsome when he sleeps, drool coming down his mouth, and Robin's like, yep, this is the one.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, that's how it happened. Okay.
Speaker 1: And so then you drive him home. Yeah, okay, so they're fuzzy. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're lying something happened in the backseat of that car. That Robin does not want to talk about and that's totally fine because it's her business, it's not mine. I don't remember. Okay, So do you think that a relationship can be forged if you put out the first date?
Speaker 3: Mmm?
Speaker 2: In other words, did you and Wine? I?
Speaker 3: I mean, you can tell us now. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I can't remember whether you had sex with Wine after the movie he fell asleep.
Speaker 3: In No, I can't why. I can't say you didn't because you might have to ask him, but he might.
Speaker 1: He might remember that. I'm gonna have to ask him. I can't remember. It's like, so blurt.
Speaker 3: We used to.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we we used I told you this, I think said. I always forget what I tell y'all. We used to have sex, like in the living room while like his aunts were in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, No, you didn't share that.
Speaker 2: That's bad, right, Yeah, they're in the kitchen and y'all are getting.
Speaker 3: It literally like a whole room away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like thirty feet yep, So y'all are having quiet sex in the living room.
Speaker 3: This the relationship is teenagers.
Speaker 2: Those are like, I don't think that I did that, So it's not teenagers. It's not no, and so they do they know what y'all were doing. They saw a movement.
Speaker 3: No, they didn't like come bother us, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It was like, you know how like okay, parents, like if you have if your child has a friend come over, yes, and you think just because you're in the house, that like nothing crazy is going to happen, right, but you still give them their like space, their space, their privacy. So if Corey brought a girl home, oh wan is like he he already is on top of it. Well, first of all, that has not happened yet. But when that happens, yes, oh.
Speaker 3: Is one's gonna be sitting on the couch.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is going to be all okay because he knows what he did. Yes, okay, very good.
Speaker 2: As long as we you know, we don't have generational nonsense happening. Okay, yes, baby, all right, we are out of here. That is our episode. We absolutely love y'all. Don't ever forget to live your life either. Reasonab Shit did about Bye Bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, Ten, Giselle Bryant, and reasonably Shady