Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: In the Ravens press pass today, we heard from head coach John Harbaugh and rookie cornerback Nate Wiggins as the Ravens put the finishing touches on their preparations for the Philadelphia Eagles. First up, yours, harps, All.
Speaker 1: Right, good seeing everybody. Appreciate everybody being here. Well, questions you have? That was Thanksgiving? That was my Thanksgiving? That's a nice question. It was outstanding. It was awesome. Got home about mid afternoon and the dinner was almost ready, and you know, and and football was on. You know what's better it is? It's my personally, it's my favorite holiday. How do you guys feel about Thanksgiving? Where do you rank?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: A lot of agreement here because you don't need obligations other than you got to get them, all right, and just enjoy one of those companies, right. You have no presents to buy, you know, Thursday. I don't know. It's a great, great holidays. There are dishes, did you and you did mine too? Do the dishes right? Yeah? Do the dishes? Do you have? Do you have a dog? If you have a dog, you gotta take the dog out. That's the other thing. Dishes and dog, right, Yeah, the dog could take care of the dishes. It works. Oh that's good. Well, I guess we're good here. Huh.
Speaker 3: We saw van Ney had to sack late in the fourth quarter, I think one one snap and one in the last five.
Speaker 1: How's he progressing?
Speaker 3: We didn't see now with that practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't practice this week, kind of working through a thing or two. Uh, not major stuff, but stuff that'll be touch and go up until Sunday, So we'll see where he's at.
Speaker 3: Can you say whether you guys expect cool or to go on?
Speaker 2: I R or is that not really?
Speaker 1: I probably really can't say that right now. Well, No, we have the bye week next week, and I think Eric and Adrian and doctor tuckerrow go through that probably next few days. That'll be a decision.
Speaker 3: Consider earlier in the week, like the Piers set a chance maybe a need update on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael person to practice today, so we'll see where he's at. I think that's something in terms of how he's feeling. You know, we're going up against the big, physical offensive line, so you want he'd be he'd be a great addition, but he's got to be at his best too, you know. He's got to feel that.
Speaker 3: Does the fact that you have to buy on the other side of this play into a lot of those Does a guy player not calculations because maybe you say I've given give him full two weeks.
Speaker 1: Off it can help put an injury?
Speaker 3: I mean, does that play into everything?
Speaker 1: I think it's probably part of it, minor part of it, but definitely a consideration.
Speaker 3: Sure, what have you see from Roquon and his progress? He's obviously trying to continue together with that play after week and how we feel this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, full practice, So again same kind of I think, same kind of conversation. You got to get there and see how guys are feeling. The wady to go being out arose.
Speaker 3: Which you have had to shuffle some guys. Chrisport, someone who's played a good bit the last couple of weeks. What does he took in some of those sub packages where maybe you have turned.
Speaker 1: Down a little bit. Yeah, yeah, he's a underrated guy. You know, Chris, Chris are a really good football player, and on the passing down stuff, he's really got a knack his own coverage. He's a good man, he's a good blitzer, so he definitely brings something to the table. Heck, maybe we should have had him out there a little sooner this season, you know, but he's he's done. He did a really good job last week.
Speaker 3: John. Their numbers rushing the football over the last seven games are our lead the league. Is there any adjustments that they've made in terms of a different way they're approaching their running game than they were earlier this season?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really couldn't say. It'd probably be a good better question for them. We're just kind of taking them as we find him, you know right now what they're doing now, trying to do the best we can to stop it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lamar's talked about like so start time off, thanks, and he wanted to get off through the best they've started to think at forty six and the last seven, you guys have forded that's good or not? Yeah, I think that's the only thing. But what do you guys need to do to kind of speed things up?
Speaker 1: I guess yeah. I mean it just comes down to the execution and not putting yourself behind the eight ball, you know, and just try to stay ahead of the sticks, extend some drives and see if we can score. And we really haven't done that to start game very well last few games.
Speaker 2: Next we heard from rookie cornerback Nate Wiggins he's taking on a bear role in the secondary. In recent weeks, anything kind of that you felt has gotten easier as the years going on.
Speaker 4: Just really just uh, I just started my game. I feel like more players. I get more content with my band been in the NFL, and I just feel like, uh, more players that I get easier to get to me.
Speaker 3: So the last two weeks the secondary has really kind of stepped it up. Do you feel like this is kind of like a turning point for the UNI right now?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are. We alreadyknew, uh we had to like a great unit. Uh we wasn't playing enough to uh uh the stepping so but I knew we had to.
Speaker 2: Get it together.
Speaker 4: Uh and yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Come make a lot of talk with the vegles out say.
Speaker 2: Out run game.
Speaker 3: But those receivers got with a secret.
Speaker 4: That more shy what I'm saying that, Yeah, I mean, uh they got good uh good receivers too. Uh mean they they oh they show up on of film. So we we all hard nobody to running game.
Speaker 3: But we have to start the past union too soon? And how much the things changed. I guess when Javonte spect he isn't out there as supposed to like whining him in ah a supposed.
Speaker 2: To football play.
Speaker 4: Oh it changed a lot cause he was suppos he was supposed to pay.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, hey, it helps the Uh what what's the biggest challenge start someone as big as.
Speaker 4: Strong as a J Brown?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm I mean my game physical is I uh so? I mean uh huh I like being physical, so I mean, and that's that's what I like to do. So, I mean, I don't really think it if at me it feels.
Speaker 3: Like you're around the ball more and more. How much you looking forward to that first interception?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: It's coming. Uh, it's coming real soon. And I get it, I know, So I don't know what I'm gonna do it, So I'm just oent on you.
Speaker 3: You already have the celebration plan.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I already got it. I already got a plan. I already know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Ravens Press Pass. Of course, make sure you subscribed, and then go check out the lounge where myself, Ryan Mink and Garrett Downing previewed this big game coming up Sunday at M and T Bank Stadium against the Philadelphia Eagles, who are riding a seven game winning streak. Have fun watching the game. We'll be back with you afterwards.