Speaker 1: Let's mock draft with our friends and talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast and just be Joey b joe Pi's APO with Me is my co host for Baseball on Leading Off this season the Welsh, and today we've got a mock draft episode that is super exciting. Why because it's got some of you in it. That's right, our listeners, some of our good friends in Discord, our Peanuts and our cracker Jacks from Leading Off or in this draft. Some of our Twitter friends are in this draft. Some of our industry friends are in this draft. And even Mike Mayor somehow coerced himself into this draft. I'm not sure how it happened, but he begged to be in it, so we let him be in it too. And today we're gonna go through a fun five by five. We're not gonna do bench. We're gonna keep things moving here. It's gonna be a smaller draft because we've got people in the draft US quickclock as well, so Welsh thirty second clock. I hope you got your finger on the trigger of the mouse there.
Speaker 2: I mean, if anybody has ever seen what I do over it in this league. They know that we are the Kings of the thirty second clock. We actually did a speed round draft one year where we did fifteen second clocks. Absolutely no time to think I am the quickest draw in the West, no auto drafting. I am absolutely ready to go and excited that we're not drafting with the cyborgs.
Speaker 3: We've got real live We got real.
Speaker 1: Boys in here, real boys and girls and girls because Gonky Penguins in it today too. So like I said, this is a great cross section, which is why, of course, you know, if you want to be a peanut and crackerjack and join us every day and be part of this fun group, make sure you sign up for our discord over fancypros dot com slash Chat. Also fun and exciting news going on as well, because our draft kit is now available Fantasypros dot com slash Kit, so all of our great fantasy baseball content in one place. Again, that's Fantasypros dot Com slash Kit is you can get that. And of course we're gonna be using our multi user draft software today. That's right, because that is the MUDs as we like to call them here with the cool kids. So basically what the MUDs are. For those of you who don't know the multi user draft tool, it's part of our Draft Wizard tool of Fantasy Pros. You can send a link to your friends, invite them in have some fun mock draft action together. And of course if you don't have any friends, you could just use the draft simulator on its own and mock against our bots here, which is great, which is what I do because I have no friends.
Speaker 3: Well contrary, that's sad. That that actually made me sad.
Speaker 2: I mean, if anything, this is a humanitarian piece of software. It's here to like just improve the lives of everybody, for you guys that don't have if you don't have friends, you know what, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows this.
Speaker 2: I am now in the Fantasy Pros discord, so you can come over to my little channel and you could say hi if you don't have a friend.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna be doing a lot of these. We're not even on the podcast. We like to do a lot of these with you know, well, should be doing some. I'll be running some. It's a good time. So again, go join our discord. It's free to join Fantasy for slash Chat. Join it, be a part of it, and of course you could watch the draft on our YouTube channel, YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros. Subscribe today and again that's the YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB channel, just to be clear, subscribe to both, but it's the MLB channel where you're gonna find our MLB content. We separate out from all those football guys for a little while, but that's where you want to go to the MLB channel because we're gonna have leading off there five days a week. We're gonna also have obviously all the podcasts. We're gonna have a live stream the baseball event too. Hopefully we're gonna get baseball sooner than later, but we got some baseball right now, so hopefully everybody's in this. We're going to unpause the draft and kick things off. And again, as I said before, this is a five y five here. We're gonna do two utility spots, no corner spots, no middle infield spots. We're gonna keep this fun and light today for everybody. Uh and look, this is a very exciting situation here because if you look at who we've got in this draft, We've got a lot of fun people, a lot of people who care quite a bit about Fantasy baseball, and we are gonna go ahead and make our picks now. I am drafting from the twelve spot. Welsh, where are you drafting from today? Draft?
Speaker 3: You're in Yeah, I'm in three. I'm gonna be coming up here soon. Did you say, is this roto or head to head?
Speaker 1: This is rodo this is head to head roto season long. That's where we're at right.
Speaker 3: Now, poifect.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am drafted. I actually drafted from the three spot for a very particular reason. And I don't know if you want me to wait until I'm up to do it, but I do have a particular reason why I wanted to take that spot.
Speaker 1: Well, you can share that with us. I'm gonna run through. We got Rugged ninety two, Christian Crespo, the Welsh at three, Go Cards from our discard at four, Mike Mayer at five, we got my boy Mason, my wrestling podcast Fanatic. At one oh six, we got Adla Godillo, one of our favorite people over on on Discord two. And then we've got who else do we have here? We have Josh, we have Tom, We have a lot of people here. We got wonky penguin and this bad boy and we are off and running. Fernando Tatist Junior goes one, Trey Turner goes to Welsh. Why how did you want to pick three? Make your pick and then give us the reason.
Speaker 2: Because of the guy I'm going to take right here, Ronald d'acunya Junior at three, because a shortened season, even if it's not shortened and they just back end it and we push a couple of weeks, is only a benefit to Ronald acunya Junior. A lot of projections round one hundred and thirty five hundred and forty games, well, a lot of that is just based off of the beginning. Because he's recovering from an injury. He's on more of a leving level playing field than he's been before. Now projections also one hundred and thirty game are wild.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of a.
Speaker 2: Couple extra weeks of rest, at least you know rest, I say, a recovery for ronald'acunya, and I think that makes him a top five pick. We talked about it in the last episode, and I'm comfortable taking him three, especially when I'm chasing stolen bases. So I love Ronald Dacunya at three here.
Speaker 1: Now I love it too, And we talked about that a little bit on the last show, which was very fun. So after Acunya goes, my boy Wan Soto, what a deal at the fourth pick. Then Jose Ramirez, Vlad Guerrero goes next a Deel Gadillo so ends up taking Garrett Cole. After Vlad Guerrero goes, so we do get the picture here, then Boba Schett after that. You know, what do you think about taking Garrett Cole in the first round? Is that something you would even entertain in that middle to late spot, no matter what the situation is.
Speaker 2: Well, no matter what, I'm not so sure about that Roto, Yeah, for sure I would in that situation when like Michett's still on the board. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I probably don't.
Speaker 2: In a twelve man, it's a relatively like level playing field as far as like the pitchers go. I'm more of a Garrett Cole like nine or ten guy. But if your strategy is in I'm comfortable with Garrett Cole. Especially if the big dogs, the big six are gone, I easily think you can do that. It'd be interesting to see if he does a pocket ASA strategy with a Sures or or Bueller coming back and just dominate with pitching all.
Speaker 1: Right after Garrett Cole Boba Schett, then Bryce Harper go as we continue to look through here and look, this is is fun. It's fun to get actual people in this with us. I am now up on the clock. I've got Mike Trout, I've got show. Hey, Otani, I could just double dip with the angels here. What do you think of that strategy? I kind of like that, And since o'tani is pitcher ndh here, I'm gonna go ahead and take my boy show Hey, I'm gonna go do that fill that spot, and then I've got some options here. Freddie Freeman, Dever's Mike Trout. You know, I got this feeling like eventually the Mike Trout things got to work out. Mookie BET's still on the board as well. Do I want to take a little bit more of the stolen bases or I want to just take the big boy in the big bat. I think I want to take the big boy in the big back. His chicks dig the long ball, So give me Mike Trout, Joe Atani double dipping on the angels, what do you think of? That'st love.
Speaker 3: I love that. I'm still gonna bet on Trout.
Speaker 2: I take those type of It's the only other person I would have given like real consideration for was Ozzie Albi's there. Albi's and Otani would have been a six start.
Speaker 3: But I love it. I still love it.
Speaker 2: I think Trout is again you talk about who are the guys that benefit from if games are actually you know, brought down a little bit. If that actually happens, well, less games Mike Trout to get hurt, that's good, plus just the season start push after. I got no issue with this whatsoever. I know the trendy sharp thing is like people don't want to take Trout. Mookie's falling a whole bunch.
Speaker 3: I still love the pick.
Speaker 1: But Oziluki didn't fall too far because after Bobaschet, Bryce Harper, Kyle Tucker, Corbyn Burns went in the first round, then I took Otani and Trout, Mookie Betts went directly after Devers went directly after that. As we loop around to the second round here, Welsh Josh is up on the clock. Next he takes Max Schurzer, So Surezer, Garrett Cole, two big pictures off the board. Tom then takes Jacob de Grom. Look at this group. They are flying through this. See. I knew we picked the right people to do this today. I'm so proud of our listeners here at Fantasy Pros and the MLB side of things. Adell is up next, and this is great because you got people who are lunatic baseball people. And I know Adell told me this is his first year playing fantasy baseball in years and he wants to get back into it. So we wanted to be a part of it, and I said, come on, it is a perfect opportunity to stretch the muscles a little bit and get out there and run on the backfields and do a little mock draft with us in the Wizard. He takes Freddy Freeman, Garrett Cole, Frey Freeman, not too shabby. Mason's up next with the following pick. So, Welsh, what do you have your eye on right now?
Speaker 3: Alby's so bad, Like I'm just like I'm sitting here.
Speaker 1: No, well he's gone. Mason took him your.
Speaker 2: Heart, Mason, I wanted Alvi's so bad. See and that's a situations. Oh god, and Mayor just took Robert all right. Yeah, it's just one of those situations where you don't think a guy's gonna get there, but then he starts to and then your hopes, oh to your hopes and dreams hoops down the drain.
Speaker 3: That's how that went here.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, one more pick to make it to you go. Cards just took Walker cooler. Now you are on the clock, Welsh.
Speaker 2: They just murdered the cue here. I think I'm just giving a little peaky peek here. Ah man, I mean it was all the guys that I wanted to.
Speaker 1: You only got fifteen seconds of the thirty second draft.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, yeah, alright, let's just get with a high end pitcher. We got no issue with it. We'll go with Brandwood.
Speaker 1: Not a bad choice.
Speaker 3: I don't love it. I would have loved to have Buehler.
Speaker 2: Just that that's one of those situations, just like nothing worked out there, nothing.
Speaker 1: And that happens. This is what happens when you draft with our listeners. It's really really tough here over a fantasy pro so very sharp. The peanuts in the Crackerjack. I think you'll like this pick more. If you have a little picture run here. If like you know, if if rug it up top takes one picture and Cresbo takes a picture, I think that you might feel better.
Speaker 3: About that, would better about it.
Speaker 1: Sure, Machado just went at two eleven, So two twelve and two, I'm sorry. Three oh one. We are waiting for the double dip here. He's got the four seconds to make this pick and hopefully we'll get that in. Did we get it in on z Hope? So? Uh, Wheeler and Marte. So those are the two picks, and now it's back to Crespo. So one of the pictures did go? I tell you, if you get another picture here, I think you. I think you did the right thing. If Bieber flies off the board or something like that, well I think you can live with that.
Speaker 2: Actually, Bieber might be the pick here that I'm going with. I'm comfortable adjusting on the fly taking akunya. Then if I were to come in here with two, well no, it's not nothing works out for me.
Speaker 1: Come on, they were off the board no longer revealed.
Speaker 3: What is your guys' problem.
Speaker 1: We're just a tough room man. This is how we groom them. This is like, you know, I had to hear. This is what the peanuts and the crackerjacks are all about. This is what you're gonna get exposed to you five days a week. My friend, so Welsh has ten seconds to make his pick in the third round. You liked how it started. He was very happy.
Speaker 3: I love to come. I'm like, oh, look at me, I'm gonna have a coon. This is gonna be so fun. We'll talk about it. Everything is not fun right now.
Speaker 1: So who's the pick? Well?
Speaker 2: I took Joran Alvarez, a big, big power, big power bat.
Speaker 1: Well, a couple can't go wrong there, right, No, No.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 2: I would I just would have liked to jump in that strategy a little bit earlier, of like either. Okay, so here were two guys I was considering. I was considering Cedric Mullens and wit Merrifield simply because I would have loved to have either had two elite starting pitchers since I had made the commitment to Woodroffe, or I could have gone with elite stolen bases. And that's why maybe I would have taken Wit to go with a coon. That would have felt really good. Now I feel kind of open ended, which is all right, and there goes Cedric Mullens the next pick, followed by Marcus Simeon.
Speaker 1: So I would have taken Alvarez over Mullens as well. I want the power. You can never have enough power stolen bases. Look, I know they're at a premium because that many guys, but again you could piece that together with bulk. I think you know, five from this guy, ten from this guy. I think you can make that work. Marcus Simeon goes next after Cedric Mullins, and Julio Urias goes next to three h six to Mason. So Adele is up next on the board. Hello, Adele, you're up? What's uh me? You know, here's the thing. You know, this is why I like drafting at the book end because to me, you know, you basically sit there, you wait it out, and then you see what the run was, and then you try to pivot off of it. In my opinion, if I can get one of the pictures that I still think is somebody that I really believe in, the problem is we're down to that. You know, Do I believe in Robbie Ray is an ace group? Do I believe in Aaron Nola is an ace group. Probably not, but if I double dip two of those guys, perhaps that's a way to go. And keep in mind too, I already have Otani, so I am less apt to necessarily run that. Necessarily, I could go double dip here on the hitters as.
Speaker 2: Well, oh Man, Eric, Austin Riley, Aaron Judge, Tasker, Hernandez. That is an insanely good run of offense. I actually gave serious consideration to Aaron Judge on my last pick. Then Tim Anderson and quit Merrifield right and hit you Joe cool wit.
Speaker 1: Cool whit. I've been doing something that I haven't been doing a lot of in the past, but I've been taking a lot of sal Perez. And I know it's only one catcher, but I'm gonna take sal Perez here with one of my picks because I love the fact that he dh is so much. That's just that's just money in the bank. Extra spots there, So Trout, Otani, Xander Bogart's, Matt Olsen. Those are the top guys on the board in terms of pitchers as well. For me, I think I'm gonna go with a picture here if I can get it to just a you're faster. Come on, let's go picture. I'm gonna go ahead, and I'm gonna believe in Robbie Ray. How about that, Let's go I'm gonna believe in Robby Ray and see what happens there. So sal Perez, Mike trout Otani, Robbie Ray. That's how I'm starting. Xander Bogart's no surprise. Jerry takes him next in the four two spot. Now four oh three, Wonky Penguin, who spent together a nice team, Kyle Tucker, Raphael Deveres, Tim Anderson. She goes Lucas Giolito, who's the other picture I was considering. She's probably right because the wonkye Penguin's always smarter than me. Kelly's a genius. Aaron Nola goes next tier to Josh at four oh four. Then four oh five. We have to wait a few more picks to get to Welsh. So Welsh, what are you kind of strategizing now here in this fourth round?
Speaker 2: First off, Love, Wonky Penguin's name absolutely Love.
Speaker 1: She's the best you know me and she's now contributing. She started out as a cracker, a peanut, and a cracker jack. He as a cracker and then we put some what's a nice cheese on top, and then and then we served to our derves. No. No, she started out as one of our peanuts and cracker jacks last year. She's such a baseball genius. I love that now she's writing for us. I mean, look at that.
Speaker 2: My first name is Thus, so I'm all about this, so I love her fun names.
Speaker 3: I am going.
Speaker 2: I have been consistently doing this, even though it's super uncomfortable. I'm one hundred percent gonna start this closer thing because the.
Speaker 3: Closers are gonna go. This is rodo.
Speaker 2: You've got to jump in early, especially at this stage that we're at where we don't know so many jobs, and we also know there's going to have rotations of closers. That I'm comfortable at this point because even every time I do this, even when I build my starters up later, it's all good. So you know, I've got two good hitters. I've got Branda Woodruff. I'm absolutely gonna smack Liam Hendricks here, and if he doesn't go, I will take Hater right after that as well.
Speaker 1: All right, he doesn't We had Lucas Gielito, Go than Aaron Nola, Nolan, Earnardo, Trevor's story, Alex Bregman, Matt Olsen, Paul Goldschmidt, little Mini run there at go Karts, took his boy, Paul Goldschmitt. And then Welsh goes ahead and he's a man of his word. Liam Hendrix off the board. Sandy Alcntra goes next. Now we have rugged for two picks, Lindor and Castianos. It is now back to Christian who takes Josh Hader reacting to the Welsh. He couldn't get both. Crespo is really sticking it to your Crespo.
Speaker 2: Crespo is a pain in my side right now that I mean he saw it coming. I mean I kind of felt like that was going to happen.
Speaker 3: So here's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Though, I think in a lot of normal spots I would not be able to get away with this.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I gotta go, go, go, go go go.
Speaker 2: Let's go with more big power. Let's go with Pete Alnzo.
Speaker 1: So nice. That's a very good pick there. I like this.
Speaker 2: I think the play. I want to test this out to see how this room is. I think the play is even regardless that hater went, I probably needed to reach a little bit to go get that next closer. I didn't necessarily want to. I'm gonna see if it comes back and I can still get one of those elite guys. But the idea is that I just started the run, so I don't want to wait too long. I want to get in on this, but I'm gonna see if one comes back to me. But the play probably was taking in my eyes of Manuel class, some people rise Iglesias and Freddy Peralta going and Randy Ara.
Speaker 1: I know, Freddy Perolta goes to go cars. Who sticks it to me again? One of our favorite listeners and interactors with the show. And just so you know, for those of you who never watched leading off, it was early in the morning, I know. But we're live streaming that Bad Boy, which means you can interact with us, ask us questions. We make you famous, We put your questions up on the screen and everything. But it's gonna be a little later this year, so you Central time people, you Mountain time people, you West Coast people are gonna have more opportunity to interact with us. But you gotta subscribe to the YouTube channel Fantasy pros MLB in order to do that, so make sure you do. Randy Rose Arena goes next to Mike Mahyer. Mayor's team is Ramirez, Robert Simeon, olsen A, Rosa Reina. He wants nothing to do with pitching. Mason's up next. He took Chris, He took Chris Sale. Excuse me, Tyler O'Neill up next, Uh than Kevin Gossman getting closer and closer to me. I was hoping Freddy Perlta would make it to me, but that is obviously a pipe dream. That's not happening.
Speaker 3: Will Smith.
Speaker 1: Will Smith another catcher off the board to Josh Wonky Penguin. Let's see what she does next year. She's got a pretty good squad here already. She double dips with the pitching and another White Sox pitcher in Lance Lynn. Thenko goes next.
Speaker 3: You show did you get sniped? Did you get sniped right in front of you?
Speaker 2: Because you're I know you like to do Wander a little bit early Wander one hundred percent felt like your pick here.
Speaker 1: Uh. I do love Wander, Franco, but I was looking at some of the hitters here, because I actually liked the pitching and where I'm at. I was actually kind of contemplating some of these relievers too, which is something I don't typically do. But I'm gonna go ahead and take another picture that I'm very high on this year, and it's Joe Musgrove. So I'm gonna take Joe Musgrove and Jose Abreu back to back here, continue to build out. You know me, Welsh, I hate closers. That's that's me so and I'm all the first or last when it comes to catcher. If I can get sal Perez this year, I'll take him at a good third round value. I'm good with that. He almost went to the fourth round. I'm good with that. George Springer goes after to Jerry. Then Wanky Penguin up again. She takes Katel Martee. A little dual eligibility there for Wankeye Penguin. Boyl boy. I have a bad feeling she's gonna win this draft. Josh is up next, and I think we should give a prize to the winner. Welsh, what do you think?
Speaker 3: I think that's a great idea. What do we have in the prize closet? What can we give.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I might just pull something out of you know, the Joe piece of pa vault.
Speaker 2: But because like baseball, let's look at my office and I'll just grab something.
Speaker 3: I'll pick something, we grab something.
Speaker 1: We'll grab something fun for you. No, no, no, a piece of baseball memorabiliyah, that's what I'm talking about. Maybe a fun old baseball card, an old baseball pin. I got lots of stuff here. That's pretty cool. Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about fan Tracks. Fan Tracks is the most customizable fantasy platform in the industry, the greatest fantasy experience for your dynasty Keeper, Redraft and Best Ball leagues. Create your own or join a fantasy Baseball commissioner league, Invite your friends and dominate your draft this season. The top dynasty fantasy baseball platform in the industry is fan Tracks. Go deep with the ultimate Keeper and Dynasty leagues, create a simple redraft league or even a customizable Best Ball with up to two thousand teams. Fan Tracks is free. MLB Fantasy League Manager is the most customizable, easy to use, and feature rich platform in the industry. Coming from another service, fan Tracks can import any of your current leagues and customize them as needed. Everever trade go wrong or make a mistake dropping a player, fan Tracks Commissioner tools allow you to undo any move with one simple click. Among the most trusted names in fantasy sports since two thousand and eight, football, baseball, basketball, hockey, college basketball, college football, golf, soccer, NASCAR, you name it, they've got it at fan Tracks. If there's anything lacking in your current fantasy league manager, fan Tracks has it all unlock. Fantasy sports doesn't sleep, and neither does fan Tracks. With seasons running three hundred and sixty five days a year, there's a reason why fantasy players who try fan Tracks make it their permanent home for all of their leagues. Sign up for free today and be entered to win an official signed Wander Franco Jersey simply by going to fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros and sign up today. That's fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros for a free shot and an official signed Wander Franco Jersey. Fan Tracks the home of fantasy sports, and now back to the action logan web goes next. Then Jose Altuve at the six oh five, six h six Eloyer Menez who I was contemplating there, but I went with the first basement instead because I don't love the first base position. Well, I got in love with it, you know, I'll bray you.
Speaker 2: I am salivating that Byron Buckston is there. And the problem is he is the top of the Fantasy Pros board and I got two people.
Speaker 3: In front of me, two picks to go. I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: A d to go. Well, he was in my cue as well, but I just I couldn't take him over those other guys.
Speaker 3: Oh just one, I got just one pick.
Speaker 1: Come on, Mike, do it to you. Let's see will he do it to you?
Speaker 3: I don't go take a cardinal?
Speaker 1: Was Jack Flaherty still on the board.
Speaker 2: Jack is a great pick man, the best pick you could the greatest pick. It's the best pick you could possibly do. Just don't take Buckston.
Speaker 1: Look at Mike Baher just completely punting on pitching too. Ryce Ella Glacias goes, Welsh is off the hook. Go ahead, get your Byron Bucks. And so what is it about Bucks in this year for you? Welsh? Did you feel like you know six' ten overall you're happy with that, Value you think you're gonna get a full season out of this?
Speaker 2: Guy, ABSOLUTELY i, Mean i'm ecstatic again if we are in a place of miss, games this is. Good he was performing at first round. Value he kind of stepped back a little bit in the speed department and developed that power to the next.
Speaker 3: Degree BUT i don't.
Speaker 2: Think it's out of the possibility IF i, mean the big thing is what this is the what if? Series what If Byron buckston plays a? Season if he, does he's a thirty five to twenty. GUY i don't even think that's a. Question here we Had Jad, Martinez, Hoavey Baias, lao And Brian. Reynolds so NOW i just want to point out my strategy worked to perfection That i'm now going to Get emmanuel Class a coming. Back it's amazing that the run didn't really happen LIKE i thought it, was AND i got two elite.
Speaker 1: Didozers And i'm glad it didn't BECAUSE i think there's one closer or two THAT i still feel okay about THAT i actually want to. Get but you definitely are are up there. Now i'm doing pretty good right now looking at the CATEGORIES i am not a very fast. Team the batting average needs some, help the run scored the little help pitching is not, great WHICH i don't. UNDERSTAND i, Mean i've Got Robbie, Ray i've Got. Otani it's nice grouping, HERE i. Think but you, know we'll see as we continue to go on here IF i can pull things. Out but clearly some saves would help THE joep overall. Situation AND i hate the idea of Taking. Mondacy, well do you think it's SOMETHING i should consider as we get closer?
Speaker 2: HERE i, Mean i'm gonna tell, you, DUDE i was giving heavy consideration to it. Myself if things did not work out for me, THERE i would have Taken mondacy for the elite stolen. Bases DO i trust that he plays all the?
Speaker 3: Games? No do The royals trust they played he plays all the? Games?
Speaker 2: No they said, It but you got to give a consideration to those miss. Games he's also just a lead at the category and what are we? In we're in like the was this pick?
Speaker 1: Eighty?
Speaker 2: Yeah this is like the range where there's no harm right. Out he single handedly puts you on the, board especially for, you and there.
Speaker 1: He went and he's.
Speaker 3: Gone he was it would have been perfect for. You it would have been.
Speaker 1: Perfect but now you can't have, It so get out of here. Now Jack flaherty went to go cards after, all so The homer pick. Maintains Mike mayer decided he was going to take a, picture and he decided to take the oldest picture he could. Find And Charlie. Morton Then Carlos correa goes, next Addle Bardo, Monday Christian, Yelich Hore, polanco great value there From Josh Wonky penguin And jerry are. Up SO i am looking now SO i could take a chance for steals On, chisholm OR i can continue to perhaps just grow the. PITCHING i think also just looking at this, too there's an opportunity to double dip on closer here, too maybe going With Edwin diaz And. Chapman what do you think about that?
Speaker 2: HERE i MEAN i would won one hundred percent in this, SITUATION i would be double Dipping. CHAPMAN i kind of Like, presley BUT i think it's. INTERCHANGEABLE i think on the board, Too Edwin, PRESLEY i Taking Edwin diaz one hundred, percent which you just, did and then just take one of the two, guys whichever your preference.
Speaker 3: IS i, MEAN i probably would Take. CHAPMAN i guess the MORE i think about, it.
Speaker 1: You, know it's. FUNNY i was actually, thinking the MORE i think about, IT i Want.
Speaker 2: PRESLEY got reaction would have been to Take, Presley BUT i don't know in this, SITUATION i might take you, know The New York.
Speaker 3: Crew but either, WAY i don't. Think, yeah you know, what that's kind of.
Speaker 1: Fun let's stick with The New. York we'll stay on brand. Here i'm gonna double dip on the closers. Here, now we'll see what it does to. That but, AGAIN i like my rotation Here Welsh, Muskgrove Robbie ray show a. TIME i, MEAN i don't think The wizard is giving me enough cred here on the. STREETS i don't. Know Louis castillo goes next to what do you think Of? Castillo this? Year he's been all over the map right in terms of our projections of. Him some people that have soured On castillo after last, year we've seen him struggle in other seasons or other halves of, seasons then bounce back the following season to be. Dominant where are you at With Louis castillo right, now the picture of The.
Speaker 2: Reds, YEAH i, MEAN i probably the worst ANSWER i could give Is i'm a little. Indifferent i'm a little indifferent on. Him he's not a major target of. MINE i think the indifference comes from just kind of the, Inconsistencies like it's not uncommon for a picture to be super awesome but then to completely fall.
Speaker 3: Apart AND i don't, know that's kind of HOW i See.
Speaker 2: Castillo he just doesn't seem to be able to put it all together for a. Season i'm totally fine with. Him, LISTEN i need a second. PITCHER i would have been happy to get a guy like, him But i'm. Not i'm not overally aggressive in trying to get. Him he's not LIKE i exponentially Love Joe muscro who you got Over Luis. Castillo AND i want to say that the ranks don't have them too far.
Speaker 1: Apart, yeah, Absolutely all, right let's move on here and take a look at the draft board and see what's going on After. Castillo Frankie montass at eight o, three at eight o, Four Kyle schwarber Than Justin. VERLANDER i bet that Was Mike mayer's. Strategy he was gonna Get morton And, verlander all the old. Guys it didn't work for. You mayor trying to Do jesse social security for his. Team Jesse winker goes To. Adelgadeo WHO i gotta, Say adele for getting back into. Baseball do it a pretty nice, Job Garrett, Cole Freddie, Freeman Austin, Riley trevor's, story, O'Neill, Mondesi Oloya menez And Jesse winker is pretty darn good. There mason Takes Trevor, rodgers one of my favorite. Guys j t Real muto goes To Mike. Mayer here with the eighth eight, pick we're getting closer to. You Jonathan india goes next And welsh you are on the.
Speaker 3: CLOCK i am on the.
Speaker 2: CLOCK i am gonna go with the which which one do one DO i want to? Do i'm gonna go with a young gun. Here i'm gonna tap some. Pitch i'm gonna Take Dylan cease, right that's my second pitcher to go along With Brandon. WOODRUFF i am Like natalie In. BRUGLIER i am torn because there is a hitter THAT i quite like who just went oh, no he went right before. Me he absolutely sniped in front of, Me Jonathan, INDY i didn't even see he. Went so that made all my decisions. Easier and Freakin' darvish just went. Too that's WHY i wanted to have With cese a, man these guys.
Speaker 1: Are and then franimil went right after one of my favorite, Guys, crispo So Alec minoa goes After Ceas jazz chishlm You darvish to, rugged and then The Franom milu To crespo to start nine to. Two So, welsh you're back, up what's the? Pick go?
Speaker 3: Ahead, WELL i think the smart. Move OH i know it's all frozen for.
Speaker 1: Me oh oh, OH i hope it took it off your Que Bobby Wood junior is who you ended up. With SO i don't know if you got to refresh your screen or.
Speaker 3: Whatnot MAYBE i. DO i did Have bobby in. THERE i was gonna go in another, direction BUT i will be happy With Bobby Wit.
Speaker 1: Junior not A i, mean, Look i'm happy With Bobby. Wit If i'm you at nine oh, THREE i think that's a pretty. GOOD i think that's about right spot.
Speaker 2: On WILL i mean to be actually to be, honest it might be a little bit. Safer Cody bellinger was going to be my. PICK i was going to go Take cody Because i'm here for the Re i'm here for the. Rebound BUT i did Have.
Speaker 3: BOBBY i bet, YOU i.
Speaker 1: Bet you last another round back to. YOU i bet you can get, it and if.
Speaker 3: He, DOES i will be very very.
Speaker 2: Happy there Goes Ryan. Presley by the, Way so we're in the one hundreds and those closers are you, know we hit one because like in the, past investing that hardened. Closers LIKE i was very, firm like post one hundred type of. Guy BUT i, mean look at how many closures have gone off inside the top one. Hundred forgot for any of these guys to have lockdown. Saves it's not a guarantee In roto and you need. It you really don't want to. Punt In, roto you and punt and had to head those. Saves you don't want to do that. Here so the strategy. Continues oh look at that. Too if you Notice Michael, Mason mason took my guy that we talked about within The sport episode of The Breakout picture of The year took. Him mason listens to the.
Speaker 1: Show this is what, happens all. RIGHT i gotta get my stolen bases and some run score, here that's WHAT i gotta. Do it's Suggesting Tommy, edmund BUT i don't Know. Welsh this is another one. There I'm I'm natalie And brouley on this. One i'm torn About Tommy. EDMOND i, mean do you think that that's a pick that you can make at this? POINT i don't know what do you think the stolen?
Speaker 3: Bases you absolutely CAN i Went cody by the.
Speaker 1: WAY i struggle with. HIM i don't love the. GUY i like, HIM i don't love. Him Chris bryant on the board as, Well Austin. Meadows those are some of the outfielders right. Now it says it's the top. Lift i'm gonna go ahead and, listen And i'm gonna go ahead and Take Tommy. EDMUND i don't like. It i'm not happy about. It it makes me a little. Upset but that's. Okay so we're gonna continue on, here trying to look for DO i want to go middle? Infield DO i want to just go for my? Cue you know? What i'm gonna take my, Dude i'm gonna Take Zach gallen here BECAUSE i Love gallon ten oh. ONE i would have loved to have Taken. Kopek that's not available to, me So i'm taking another. Picture Chris bryant goes. Next wonky is now on the. CLOCK i believe in the. ELITE i just wrote this On fantasy pros too this. WEEK i believe in the. Elite one hundred and fifteen INNINGS i saw in the first two years Of Zack gallen not WHAT i saw last. Year a guy who was injured from the beginning of the season basically to the end of the. Season so what are your thoughts On Zach gallen bouncing back this year and being the guy that we saw the previous.
Speaker 2: Seasons, YEAH i, Mean i'm A diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: Fan i've always been A gallon. Fan you.
Speaker 2: Know one of the unique things that brought him so much value was his ability, to you, know go deep into, games get quality, starts and for what's gonna be a really Crappy diamondbacks, team at least it looks like on paper right, now you're gonna need. That you, know you're gonna need a pitcher that can keep them involved in. Games AND i think he's that. Guy he's a really really smart. Pitcher you, know he's not one of these guys that's also chasing to get like Like Jie rassmusen is really, fun but he's not gonna go deep into. Games he can't go deep into. Games this is a guy that will go deep into, games maybe get the quality start LEAGUE i think bumped up. VALUE i wanted, HIM i absolutely wanted. Him So i'm super bummed that you took. Him AS i am looking at pitching and we had thankful to, me we had a whole bunch of hitters that went And mayor just sniped to.
Speaker 1: Me oh my. Goodness mayor takes. McClanahan just to recap all the picks before. THAT i Took gallon at ten oh one to start the tenth. Round Then Chris, Bryant Josh, Bell Rhys, Hoskins Giovanni, Diegos Carlos, Rodan Ryan, moultcastle which Is mayor's guy going right before. Him so he's not, HAPPY i can tell you right. Now Mike maher's pissed off about. That Then shane, McLanahan you Take Blake. Snell you're buying in The Blake snell.
Speaker 3: Rebound, no he went right before. Me he went.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh i'm Sorry Blake snell Went you are, Correct my apologies go cards Took Blake, snell But i'll ask anyway after you make your.
Speaker 3: PICK i THINK i mind. HIM i actually might have taken.
Speaker 2: HIM i took the next guy on my, Board Max, muncy WHO i loved.
Speaker 3: Early then we remembered the.
Speaker 2: Injury but now again season starts, later no matter, what it's going to start, later and that is a benefit To Max. Munsey he's bolt position, eligible huge. POWER i love.
Speaker 3: That But snell was one guy THAT i was looking at.
Speaker 1: All right After, snell you Take, Monthcy Dansby, SWANSON C J, CRON Dj Lemayhew, Wilson Contreras. Welsh you're up.
Speaker 2: Again oh, yeah and everything is pretty frozen for. Me uh hold on real, quick let me see IF i can get back. In.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you gotta get that, refreshed, Baby you gotta refresh at. That. Boy we have to want to challenge.
Speaker 3: You we have, refreshed all, Right let's go with another. Picture go With. Tyler Molly oh, good very.
Speaker 1: Nice And molly was SOMEBODY i really liked last year in the beginning of the season. TOO i felt like he was the perfect. Draft this, Guy he's probably gonna be good for a short time and the season goes, on maybe some struggles and if you sold, high you probably did. Well BUT i like buying back in at eleven oh, three especially so Uh dylan Sees Tyler molly and Uh Brandon woodruff is The welsh pitching. Staff how do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: GROUPING i felt, SOFT i, mean and you have to give it context as, well because that's With Liam hendricks And emmanuel Class.
Speaker 3: A SO i built.
Speaker 2: Elite closers with some high strikeout. GUYS i don't think they're the sexiest. Names this is maybe the least sexy pitching Staff i've ever put. Together But i've also got it with a massive power team in guys Like Jordan, Alvarez, Acunya Alonzo, munsey AND i got stolen bases With, Acunya buxton And. Munsey the only, problem there is one key problem to this TEAM i have. Constructed it is injury prone to the next degree and risky with guys Like, Munsey buxton And. Acunya SO i would if we were doing BENCH i would have to be very strategic use my strategy to build this bench for some safety because this team has got some.
Speaker 1: Risk, Yeah i'm definitely looking at taking another starting picture here with one of my. Picks i'm hoping a guy THAT i like makes it back to. Me so after you Took molly J croninworth goes at eleven o. Four, uh AND i don't Mean molly the. DRUG i Meant molly the. Pitcher but other, way.
Speaker 3: Thank you for you clarify.
Speaker 1: That all, Right i'm gonna go, ahead and my dude actually made it. Back because everybody Knows framber is the color of my. Energy So Framber valdez for. Me that is one of my. PICKS i love The. FRAMBER i JUST i buy. IN i feel good about. HIM i want to take one of these third basement potentially or middle infield, guys BECAUSE i do need a short. Stop there's a COUPLE i still like a couple of third. BASEMENT i am very high On Brandon. Rodgers i'm gonna go ahead and Take rogers, here even though that probably is a. Reach oh LOOK i got the. Reach alerge yelled at. You it, Did. Chancey WHEN im back To, joe then'll makes twoid picks like, That, Joe but you know WHAT i, want my, GUY i Want Brandon. Rodgers the Draft wizard is always. Right it's like the Sorting hat And Harry. Potter it's always correct no matter what you. Know you think you want to be a you, Know, gryffindr and it tells you you might be good as A. Slytherin that's what. Happens so, anyway After Jake cronworth eleven oh, four Kershaw on eleven o, Five Caybritt ruiz eleven o, six Then Chris, Taylor Joey, Vado, Aovaldi, Bassett Nelson, CRUZ i took Fran barvaldez And Brandon, rodgers Then Pablo, lopez who was the other. PITCHER i would have probably settled For Trent, Grisham Justin. Turner this is in the twelfth round now twelve oh. Five austin meadows To tom and Then adele Takes Gyasmani. Grondal so a little bit of a catcher run happening here lately With ruiz and Then Grondal mason up next at twelve oh. Seven Nelson cruz goes at eleven. Eleven real quick, here, well should just want to ask you, This Nelson, cruz where do you think he does end up this? Year? Now do you think he ends up on a national league? Team.
Speaker 2: Yeah one of the last TIS i saw before all the, crazy crazy lockout stuff happened was he was being recruited by The. Padres there were some people putting out some images HE i think he liked or retweeted an image that somebody put up of him And machado And tatis on a thing.
Speaker 3: Together SO i am.
Speaker 1: Up that's After, yasmani Grondal Jo mancata At Duardo, Rodriguez Sean. Manaia that takes us up to twelve oh. Nine in That elsh is up with twelve.
Speaker 2: Ten it Was Shane, Boz i'm gonna go, again, young very, nice big strikeout. Pitching, uh it's gonna help a little. Bit BUT i did, OH i got the doesn't like me. Thing eighty nine percent chance he would have made it. Back But Shane bo's big. Strikeouts you, know rays are going to manage. Innings but if, AGAIN i just Keep i'll keep saying the same. Thing if you have less, games it's just a.
Speaker 1: Benefit, YEAH i Like i've been tried to be disciplined here because we're only playing three active outfielders with two utility. Spots SO i have tried not to specifically reach for other outfielders BECAUSE i already Got Mike trout AND i think that's paying offer Because i'm looking at the outfield list right now AND i really like. That and this is why it's so important to, understand you know the depth of the pools you're playing. IN i Know welsh is making his next pick, here AND i figure this is where you're. Going Will smith the closer went so Boz Ian, anderson Then Kenley. Jansen Will smith double tapped here By rugged trying to get some saves, There guriel thirteen oh, two and then you took your, Boy dalton Var, show no surprise. THERE i love that pick, There. Welsh that's my that's my fallback. Guy. Catcher now he talked to us About.
Speaker 2: Varshow, YEAH i Mean varshow is not the, catcher but he qualifies and he'll play some catcher this.
Speaker 3: Year he is these right.
Speaker 2: Now he's currently the starting center fielder for The, diamondbacks and he can. Steal he's got some, power he's a contact. Hitter get some stolen. Bases SO i just got maybe ten to twelve stolen bases out of my catcher, position And i'm gonna get a guy that's gonna be be playing full.
Speaker 3: Time they're gonna play more THAN.
Speaker 2: I, mean we say he's gonna play more than a traditional. CATCHER i don't want to say too much of that because now THE dh guys Like Will smith will probably play. More but it's an out of position catcher with stolen. Bases it's kind of a cheat at. Code it's not too, crazy but it's cheat code. Adjacent AND i love him on this team construction that has just lots of power in stolen. Bases i'm trying to get another, spot So i'm very happy he.
Speaker 1: FELL i like that, phrase cheat code. Adjacent very. Nice Jared kellnick on The rebound To go, cards look at. Him Sonny grey goes next at thirteen oh, five Then Joey gallo at thirteen oh, Six blake trying at thirteen oh. Seven he was one of the guys at my, cue so that is no longer, available.
Speaker 3: You know what's so?
Speaker 2: Nice so nice not storry about draft training on my.
Speaker 3: TEAM i don't have to even think about that.
Speaker 1: Stuff oh, MAN i mean it makes a lot of sense. Here Patrick sandoval still around, too one Of Paul sport's favorite. Guys from this last podcast we, did which you can obviously go back and listen to if you missed. IT i don't know what you're thinking, about you. Should it was. Amazing welsh and uh And Paul sporer went at it for about the first forty five minutes of the, show and then we talked. Baseball uhearno is up. Next that was so much, fun by the, WAY i, mean how fun is it when When Paul sporer gets his dander up and starts uh lacing up his lips with the.
Speaker 3: CHICK i, Mean paul's is not going to be.
Speaker 2: Wrong there's no world that he'll let himself be. Wrong BUT i do think it was quite funny, that you, know you've seen all the stuff in the last couple of, days it's, like you, know, oh International, draft we can't have. It and THEN i think it WAS i think it Was max or one of the players posted out and they're just, like, oh, yeah this hadn't been pretty like it was presented in a way that it was, like you, know, ah you, know money can talk like we're. Open it's just one of those things where it's like my point before, was it's not black and. White none of this is black and, white but it, is you, Know, yes it's still the.
Speaker 1: Owners i'm gonna get the reach alert here With alex Kirol off with my, pick But i'm a big. Fan and THEN i double dipped the young talent here With Cabrian hayes because third base is. Bad BUT i Like. HAYES i think he's a good.
Speaker 2: Player, yeah, WELL i MEAN i don't have a third. Baseman my offense and thoughts and a third baseman.
Speaker 1: All the more reason for me to take. Him so let me recap. Again thirteen oh eight was Sever, reino than nine Was Corey Knebel Hunter, renfro who was in my, key WHO i would have taken full transparency if he made it to. Me Then Logan gilbert at thirteen. Eleven so THEN i pivoted to Kiral off And Cabrian. HAYES i got my third. BASEMENT i got another, Outfielder Marcus. Stroman then So hayes starts the fourteenth. Round Then stroman goes next fourteen oh, two because the devall goes fourteen oh. Three Taylor rogers at fourteen oh. Four so we're seeing now people start to reach for some of these, relievers And i'm with. You, NOW i feel much better double tapping WHERE i did with the Two New york boys And diaz And. Chapman i'm starting to like your. Strategy you're laying out there with the early closers, Here, welsh it feels pretty. Good, Yeah josh as next to An Alex.
Speaker 2: Verdugo it's hard because it as it feels, gross it also feels great because then you're gonna get this back end set of players falling where you can construct a. Roster it's worked out well for. ME i, mean lots of people have done this strategy. Forever it's not my cup of, tea but it's. Working you, know it's. WORKING i like the roster construction much. Better SO i THINK i know Where i'm gonna. Go, Yeah so we Had milanson And Tyler. Stevenson he's kind of a boring, player but he's multi position. QUALIFIED i don't have a third baseman and he's going to be hitting in the middle of the order on this. Team i'm gonna go with Ty. FRANCE i Love typrance turn in some batting. Average you, know it's a little it's a little bit of everything Where i've got such extremes on, POWER i, think and stolen bases with this. Team he's kind of a, uh he's kind of a mix it all up.
Speaker 3: Player SO i like.
Speaker 1: This mix it all. Up you're kind of a mix it all up kind of.
Speaker 2: Guy, yeah it's probably like you mix up the, words mix up my thoughts all.
Speaker 1: That all, Right so after Ty, france so we had let me recap. Again SO I ford go fourteen oh, Six, barlow fourteen oh, Seven malance and eight Then Tyler, stevenson who was one of the guys That paul was just talking about too at fourteen oh nine on the. Pod you took Ty, france kimbro, goes clevenger. Goes that ends the fourteenth. Round we pick up in fifteen with the risky pick Of lance. Mcclors we'll see if it works. Out Then garcia from The astros of fifteen oh, two And welsh's back up for his next.
Speaker 3: Pick all, right we were gonna. GO i gotta get some pitching. Here we're gonna go with The ranger Swarez.
Speaker 2: Ah swrez big breakout year last, year a lot of underlining stuff that you, know seemed to give indication that that is going to. Continue, also one of those fun, guys this would have been a. GUY i don't know if anyone's doing, this AND i think they would have missed an. Opportunity if you're punting saves IN i don't know why you wouldn't rue, it but if you, were and and you've got locked sp AND rp, Spots ranger is kind of a cheat code type of guy qualifying at relief pitcher as well that you can throw, it so you.
Speaker 3: Could have a punt like a punt saves.
Speaker 2: Team you should go Get ranger And Luis, severino who are two guys that'll be relief, pitchers and that's kind of cheat code you into those guys instead of having to get you, know dumb closures.
Speaker 1: LATER i have to make a choice here BECAUSE i need some more. Power the question is DO i want to do it at the expense of my batting, average which is already not very, good and just say screw it and take a guy like A Doolas, garcia or DO i want to maybe get a little bit more and see Where jorge So layer ends up OR i could play it safer and just take A Dylan carlson or A MICHAEL. Confordo any thoughts on the options? HERE i am behind a little bit right. Now the pitching looks good according to the projections of the, categories but so Far i'm a little behind in. Power what do you THINK i do?
Speaker 2: WELL i, MEAN i think those guys are going to be there a little bit. More i'm probably going a little bit. Safer i'm trying to remember who you just, Said.
Speaker 1: Dylan, CARLSON i thought was the.
Speaker 2: Same like A CARLSON i would look at if you're low on stolen, BASES i think this is a time that you also look at a guy Like Miles straw Because Miles, straw he's gonna be an empty power, guy which.
Speaker 3: Is a little bit your.
Speaker 2: Problem but he's, just you, know a huge stolen base. Guy BUT i would be looking for more of a you, know a full on player THAN i would be in reaching for some of that power because there's still more.
Speaker 3: Power, Lush why DON'T i do?
Speaker 1: Both why DON'T i just go ahead and do, both Because god KNOWS i need the stolen. Bases, actually like we are heads At i'm gonna go ahead and double tap. That that's What i'm gonna, do and let's see how that affects. Things but let's do some recaps BEFORE i get around to my. Pick so after Welshook Ranger, Suarez Anthony rizzo went Avicel, garcia Than Patrick, sandoval who was hoping would make it back to, me he did, Not Glabor, Torres John, Means Andrew Kittrid's David, bedner and then we Have Jose. YOURCUIDI i Took Dylan carlson And Models straw back to. Back so my offense is. Done NOW i got to focus on my. Pitching tanner how goes at sixteen oh two Than tristan McKenzie at oh. Three McKenzie scares, that you know why out of? Me but If Wonky penguin took, him Now i'm. CURIOUS i want to pick her brain as to Why Hore solaire at sixteen oh, four Then Mitch garver sixteen oh. Five but, Yeah Myles, Straw i'm actually surprised he lasted as long as he did, There, Welsh.
Speaker 2: YEAH i mean he's a major target if you miss stolen. BASES i have Seen. Straw we just did a mock draft over and in this, league we did a ten, man, which by the, way if you just want to feel, good you, know we're all doing that crazy. Stuff we just want to like feel, good go.
Speaker 3: To a ten man, draft you're gonna feel.
Speaker 2: Fantastic but we Saw Miles straw because in a ten man strategy can actually be a little bit tougher sometimes because the playing field is kind of level in so many categories that we saw him go inside the top one hundred because that's how elite those stolen bases potentially can. Be so It's i'm surprised he, lasted and it was a good.
Speaker 1: Pick Miles, straw by the, way bumped me up to the mid range and average and bump me up to number three in stolen. Bases so if you're looking for some cheap steals, Late i'll tell you, WHAT i feel better About straw than who about Mondes Sy does that make me? Crazy LIKE i think it's a BETTER roi what do you?
Speaker 2: Think, yeah it's it's like a much much cheaper cause the only difference is, is like you, Know monda c can be a five category monster across the, board Where straw. Can't straw is completely. Deficient in two, categories so you're you have to make up two categories with other.
Speaker 3: Spots but he just has the potential to really put you over the.
Speaker 1: Time, OH i got some guy Named trout and a guy Named, otani SO i feel LIKE i could A, okay they're, okay they're, Fine they're. Fine all, Right, WELSH i know we've been talking here a. Lot i'll let you make your picks WHILE i recap. Here so After Straw, tanner How christa McKenzie Horri so, There Mitch, garverer Then MICHAEL, Confordo Matt, chapman toaryschooble A Dolas, garcia WHO i was, contemplating Than Anthony Desk, Glafani Juli, Gariel Herman. Marquez then we are starting the, seventh seventeenth. Round excuse, Me Adam, Wainwright Alex. Wood so you Took Desklfani, welsh what are you gonna do next with this other?
Speaker 2: PICK i just took trade man. Scene i'm just filling out my, ROTATION i continued by not. Sexy it's the least sexy ROTATION i could have ever. Created but it's going to get the job. DONE i got, WINS i got pitchers almost for the most part on all really good winning, teams Maybe molly's the one. Exception and THEN i Took mancini.
Speaker 3: For just more, power a little bit of first base.
Speaker 2: ELIGIBILITY i have tons of position eligibility on this, team major major power at my utail. Spot With mancini and my last, Pick i'll probably focus on someone again that can get me some stolen. BASES i have no idea what the projections are going to do with my team or have been. DOING i haven't seen, it but you, know that's WHAT i want to make. Sure i'm you, know middle side on at least homers and stolen. Bases AND i think AS i look at, this my average is going to be pretty good as. Well so we'll see how it shakes. Out Maybe i'll be taking home to the baseball.
Speaker 1: CARD i think it's fun to either do the mock draft, wizard watching the categories go up and, down or sometimes test yourself blindly see how you think you're, doing and then afterwards just look at the back end stuff and the. Metrics and we're gonna do that as soon as the draft. Ends. Here so after you Took Trey, mancini WHICH i think is a very good safe power pick, There Gregory, Soto ryan, McMahon Garrett. Whitlock i've got two picture spots, left SO i THINK i have an idea Where i'm. Going Eddie, rosario A, Kilbado Devin, williams a couple of good pictures, here and a lot of guys that we've been talking about on the shows. Lately Joe ryan's still, available guy That Aerol cohen's been talking, About oscar you, know a guy that when we Had Nick, pollock, who by the, way we've learned this week that he likes runny pancakes and that's. Gross Jordan montgomery a safe guy, Too so lots of ways we can go. Here i'm gonna listen To Ario cohne with one of these. Picks ariel, sharp, Dude i'm gonna go ahead and Take Joe ryan here BECAUSE i trust. Him and Then i'm gonna do something Very Welsh. Welsh what's the Most welsh THING i could do? Here who WOULD i pick IF i named the picture.
Speaker 2: The Most welsh thing you could? DO i don't. Know i'd have to look at the pitching real. Quick i'm looking at the. Board John, Gray Trevor. Bauer, Oh, Trevor, yes you're a. Answer that's WHAT i completely spaced on it as. WELL i, mean we've talked about this and talked about this.
Speaker 3: Before there's still a lot of people that, believe.
Speaker 2: You, know there's going to be more times like a suspension coming, In BUT i don't.
Speaker 3: Know there was time.
Speaker 2: Served the only thing that's not on the table was money being taken away because he was. PAID i think at this, point from a value perspective two, HUNDRED i just spaced on.
Speaker 3: It it's a it was a it was a good WELL i look at it thisution.
Speaker 1: In the eighteenth. Round you take, Him you treat the suspension like an, injury, right if it does happen, now the, less the less games we get in a regular, season if that should be the path here Of Major League, baseball the LESS i like taking him because now the percentage of the, season, right the percentage of a season For Trevor bauer becomes, shorter no matter what that. Is SO i am. DONE i took my two pitchers. There Travis darnault was the next pick after. That but let me go back and recap for everybody, too because some good values we're still on the board, Here Gregory soto was seventeen oh four Than ryan McMahon at seventeen oh. Five whitlocko's, Next Eddi rosario bad a nice season last. Year Devin, Williams Robbie, Grossman Lucas, simms AND i Took ryan At bauer in the eighteenth, round our final round that we're doing today in our fun little mock draft with our, Friends travis, D'arnault Adlei, Rutchman Johannio. Suarez nice value there in the eighteenth, Round Yin Jen, Riu Ian, Halp Marcelo, Zuna Austin, Hayes Jordan, montgomery who was the safer. Option, obviously IF i want to just go, SAFE i would have Taken Jordan. Montgomery that was the guy had highest in my cue. There Taiwan walker still on the. Board Noah cinderguard still on the. Board you want to take a fun little risk that's available To Christian. Javier i'm a big fan of So. Welsh where are you going here with your last?
Speaker 2: Pick my last, PICK i Took andrew Benin tendee a little bit more, outfield getting, powers going.
Speaker 3: Bases you know he's found a new.
Speaker 2: Home the other GUY i considered was the GUY i talked about in the last show as. Well my breakout would have Been. AMENDOSARIO i told YOU i want. It i've kind of gotte piggyback of big power guys to stolen base, guys and that is HOW i finished out my. Draft you, know didn't didn't quite like. IT i might have to fudge some of the projections to get a little bit. Better, JOE i don't know if you want to get into. It do you want to do draft grades?
Speaker 1: Here, yeah, well let's start with the draft. GRADE i got A b plus eighty nine out of one, hundred AND i feel like this is A b plus. TEAM i really do. NOW i Took. Otani it's not calculating right now for Me otani's pitching stats along with his hitting. Staff that's. TRUE i think if you take that into, account it's clear THAT i win this. Draft but it's not. SO i am not the winner of this. Draft. Obviously the consensus twenty four experts gave you A b, Plus what did they give?
Speaker 3: You give me the exact same.
Speaker 2: THING i got eighty eight out of one hundred A b plus as. WELL i don't, know LIKE i, THOUGHT i did a really good job of getting like massive power with really good stolen. Bases it's my pitching staff that told me back the elite closers didn't push me up too. Much i'm not sure that how friendly the projections are, Being let's, say On Ronald, acunie if he's on a level playing field with the rest of these guys as well As Max. MUNCY i like this. TEAM i would have liked to have a little bit better. PITCHING i would have loved to have had my second not Be Dylan. Ce SO i think that's probably the biggest. Thing but b, PLUS i Guess i'll take, it you, know as long as it's.
Speaker 1: High, LOOK i also think that we had our guys quote, unquote and sometimes you want to get your, guys and that's the whole point of. This and WHAT i love is is the back end stats here that we get the projection standings no surprise. Er, ACTUALLY i felt Like Wankye penguin was doing, well but the projections didn't like her as much she liked the Last Wonkye. PENGUIN i disagree you should not have finished last, year but still a good score. Regardless everybody got scores eighty and, above so round of applause right now to our peanuts and our crack attacks helping us out. Today WHAT i also cannot tolerate and refuse to is That Mike mayer finished ahead of me. THIRD i finished, Fourth welsh finished. SIXTH i had eighty. Nine he finished at ninety. ONE i don't see how that's. Possible josh was number, two but the Winner welsh Was christian Chrispo. Co Congratulations. Chris who knows what kind of fun wacky thing we'll send to? You BUT i think we're gonna send you. Something could be A Steve Balboni rookie. CARD i don't. Know it could be some fun things you never know within the closet Of Joe. Pizepia don't make a, Joke, welsh do not make a. Joke let's talk about some of the insights from our teams. Too the draft insights for, me the top players we had showe A otani And Sal. PEREZ i drafted two players who were ranked at the top three at their. Position it, says what if you had drafted Jose L TUVE i would have been significantly higher and drafted a picture. Later, okay that's. FAIR i thought about doing. THAT i didn't thank You Draft wizard for teaching me about the error of my. Ways my still of the draft was Doing. Carlson my reach Was Brendan, rodgers WHICH i. Knew that's. Okay the guy actually hit better outside Of colorado than In colorado last. Year he's gonna hit for. Average she's gonna give me twenty. BOMBS i like it categorically good on top four and stolen base wins and saves and k's and the hot. Take it says our Own Scott, bogman a fantasy pros likes my draft more than any other. Baber, no it.
Speaker 3: Didn't it did not.
Speaker 1: That i'm gonna screenshot it And i'm going to show you right. Here it did not say that Ridiculous bogman. Nonsense it says it right. Here nobody likes me more Than Scott. Bogman, so oh my, God i'm going to drop this in our slack chat to. YOU i ASSUME i can do that year on there. Now so, well why don't you go pick us through your? Insights all?
Speaker 2: Right that's, infuriating all, Right so my top PLAYER i said he drafted one of the one player ranked in the top three at their, Position Ronald. 'cunya, AGAIN i don't think it really really likes. THAT i don't think it loved. That and that is more The akunya move is a little bit more of a newer. Thing So i'll bet you a lot of rankers have not readjusted to the idea That akunya is going to be you, know on you know, more that same. Field SO i didn't love. It it, says what if you Drafted Vladimir berrier junior at one three and drafted an outfield later you could have your score would have been significantly. Higher it says IF i had done, that my Steals Trey mancini in the seventeenth, round saying rounds later than he's, ranked And Andrew ben And tendi in the eighteenth, round three rounds later than he's. Ranked it didn't like My Ranger suarez, pick SAYING i could HAVE i did it two rounds, higher and it. Loved from a categorical, STANDPOINT i would be top four In homer's average and.
Speaker 3: Saves i'll take.
Speaker 2: That And Nick mariano Of rotoballer likes my draft more than any other. Expert wouldn't it be cool if it said The welsh liked your draft more than any other.
Speaker 3: EXPERT i want.
Speaker 1: To make SURE i listen for, football you, know for. Football the one THAT i remember the most THAT i used to get Was Andy barns like my. Draft Andy barns And Jamie eisenberg like my. DRAFTS i was, Like, OKAY i feel like if those guys like my draft were Actually i'm in a good. Place i'm in a good that's a good. Group. Yeah BUT i want to give a shout out to our, Winner Christian. Krespo you should follow him On twitter too because he writes For Pitcher, list he writes For fantasy. Prosh he works At Dynasty nerds. Too he's a prospect series co host of a show Called The Call. Ups i've been On. Twitter if you've been on.
Speaker 3: That you've been on, that by the, Way, yeah it's on. You i've been on the one talking about The.
Speaker 1: Rangers, well you can follow him On twitter at C kress that's c c r e S underscore twenty. SIX i want to Pop christian here because he bested all of us and The Draft. Wizard uh AND i will reach out To. Christian we'll see if we get him a fun price here for this, draft and, YEAH i mean looking at the, insights and this is WHY i love so much is you can go back through all these insights and check out. EVERYTHING i, mean this is a team roster wise real quick THAT i KNOW i would go to war With do you feel the same, way, like would you go to war with this? ROSTER i know we didn't do bench, today but.
Speaker 2: NO i, Would LIKE i, Said I'm i'm very happy with this. Team one THING i want.
Speaker 1: To go through the team for, everybody run through.
Speaker 2: It, okay, yeah, yeah Then i'll tell you this other thing that's making me laugh.
Speaker 1: More than The Scott bogman liking my draft the most more than.
Speaker 2: That, yeah well, no it's. Funny so the through like HOW i drafted, it it Went Acuna wood draft alb or did you want me to do that or do you want to do.
Speaker 1: Like this through the? TEAM i THINK i like going through the team, roster which you can, do by the, way when you go over to draft board and then sort by view by.
Speaker 3: Team that is WHAT i was trying to.
Speaker 1: Say, okay SO i figured, out, ok all, right The Draft wizard is so much better than we. Deserve thank. You.
Speaker 3: Well The Draft wizard has a very fun. Thing i'm excited to. Say all, Right SO i had Catcher dalton Var.
Speaker 2: Show my infield Was Pete, Alonso Max munsey at, Second bobby Wit junior at, short And Ty france at. Third that probably didn't help my. Projections my outfield Was Ronald, Acunya Jordan Alvarez Byron. Buxton that's the greatest.
Speaker 1: Outfield that's A welsh outfield if EVER i saw, one yeah.
Speaker 2: Man and then my util Was Trey mancini And, benintendi whom The Draft wizard thought were my biggest. Steals my pitching Staff Woodrift, Cees Molly, Boz, DeSclafani Ranger, suarez and THEN i had as Relievers Liam hendricks And Emmanuel.
Speaker 3: KLASS i would go to war with this.
Speaker 1: Team all, Right very, good very? Good all right for? ME i went ahead and just gonna pull up my team. Here Sal perez is my, Catcher Jose bravid, First Tommy. Edmund you KNOW i didn't love that, pick and this is WHY i probably told me if you weren't That jamorn and you Picked jose Al tuova, earlier you could have done. Better, Okay Brendan rodgers in my, shortstop And Brian hayes my third. Basement But Mike, Trout Dylan, Carlson Kira, loof Shoey, Otani Miles. STRAW i like. THAT i love the, Pitching Robbie, Right joe muskro Fran, Bervaldez Zach, Gollan Joe, Ryan Trevor, bauer and Then edwin Diaz in enrolled as. Chatman SO i feel pretty good there about, THAT i gotta. Say but shout out To Christian. Crespo he did, it he. WON i think what we're gonna do is we're gonna do another one of, these maybe when we do The Fantasy Baseball, fest and we'll send out those invites to everybody and will live stream it and have everybody at least in the chat with, us which will be super.
Speaker 3: Fun that would be fun.
Speaker 2: Talk one of the THINGS i want to, MENTION i do love the back end after you draft is one of just you're just gonna have more fun with. These so we talked, about you, know they have this nice summary of, like hey what if you had done this D d and then they have the top expert but you go to expert, opinions which is the next on your own. Draft it has five experts who give you a thumbs up and five experts that give you a thumbs. Down my thumbs Up i've Got mariano was the one that liked me the. Most Fred zinki From yah Who Chris klegg And Chris welsh gave you a thumbs up on my team For BUXTON cs And Emmanuel classe and then would you look over here under thumbs, Down Joe piezapia gave me a thumbs down because of my closer's also a couple other friends Of Scott white And Frank stanfel they didn't like My Jordan alvarez Or akunya, picks and then, Uh Pat fitzmorris did.
Speaker 3: Not also like my.
Speaker 2: Draft So Fantasy pros AND cbs is plotting against me right, now WHICH i just don't like.
Speaker 1: How well my thumbs. Up, Obviously Scott, bogman who we've got to get a picture of here in his profile because right now it's, vacant so we got to make sure we fixed. That Scott white gave me a thumbs, up Sports line gave me a thumbs, up And Christopher welsh gave me a thumbs. Up oh so you like my. Draft bogman likes my.
Speaker 3: Draft WHAT i like about your off the?
Speaker 1: Most the closers probably. No you know it says you Liked mike Trout otani And Robbie. Ray THAT'S. Ok.
Speaker 2: Yeah by the, WAY i just want to point out on my phone right there you can kind of see.
Speaker 3: It it's a hot.
Speaker 2: Take scott bogmin A fantasy pros like youre's draft more than any.
Speaker 1: Fantastic here's who didn't like my draft thumbs. Down dalton Dell don didn't like. It Scott, pianowski who is one of the best there, is did not like. It Andy, barrons who likes my, football did not like My.
Speaker 3: Yeah who hates?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: What all the those all yah who? Guys y'ah who hates?
Speaker 1: You? Yeah, yeah who hates?
Speaker 3: Me you're?
Speaker 1: Right all The yahoo guys hate. Me, Dalton scott And Andy barron's not big. Fans so The yahoo guys don't like, Me but THE cbs guys, do and THE il guys, do and at the end of the, day THE il guys or you know really Who i'm. Trying, REALLY i want to give a shout out to. Everybody this was such an easy. Process thanks to everybody who part took in this. DRAFT i told everybody you show up at this time to do. It they showed up at that, time they rocked it. OUT i love you guys. Again if you want to be part of The peanuts and Cracker, jacks join our discord channel fancypros dot com Slash. Chat we've got our draft kit available at fancypros dot com slash kit to get you. Ready we've got OUR mlb YouTube channel that grew from zero to almost five thousand subscribers in one. Year we want you to be a part of. That all the podcasts are on. There we're gonna have some videos on there coming soon. Too not to mention the live stream event for WHEN mlb really starts to kick, off and every single day we're gonna have leading off going live on that. Channel you get that little, notification so subscribe to The Fancy PROS mlb. Channel click that little notifications, bell and don't forget to run some of these mocks of your own on the fancypros dot com slash Draft. Wizard use the multi user draft. Software you can go join a mock draft lobby at any given. Time But i'm telling You welsh knows it. Too this is the standard in the industry when it comes to mock draft software AND i am so proud to be a part of this company and so proud of the development team was put this together because it is Fantastic Fantasy. Bros Dot com Slash Draft. Wizard that's where you. Go you can mock by, yourself you can mock with your, friends you can mock me In welsh On twitter at is it The welsh and at Joe piece of. Seventeen that'll do it for, us but the story of the game goes on for The. Welsh I'm joey. P we'll see you next. Time, kids