Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty. I am Cole Jr.
Speaker 1: A thirty year old white man from the DC Suburbs, is charged with transporting an explosive device in interstate commerce and with malicious destruction. Now, if you follow the story throughout today, it was not a white man white. Jake Tapper went with he was a white guy. Now, I got to admit I was expecting a white guy. The whole pipe.
Speaker 2: Kind of felt like a white dude to me.
Speaker 1: Pipe bombs left at the rn C and the d NC is a bearded, fat white guy in a Carhart jacket crime or a skinny Seattle.
Speaker 3: You're right hoodie guy and tefa hoodie right radical Marxist politics baba.
Speaker 1: Either way, Yeah a has a master's degree in something that doesn't matter. But yeah, that's a white guy crime. So I wasn't expecting a black guy. So so Jake did.
Speaker 3: Jake ed live that because he wanted everyone to make sure that they knew that he knows that white people are bad. Or was that on his teleprompter for his talking Eric had to repeat, or why.
Speaker 1: Mention the race at all if you're not sure, or even if you are sure, I'm not sure why it makes any difference whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I think it actually might for reasons that we can get into.
Speaker 1: Well, let's listen to the ABC report on the finally catching the guy five years later, and then we'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: Brian Cole Junior was arrested and charged with placing the pipe bombs at the RNC and the DNC.
Speaker 5: Law enforcement swarming the home where he lives with his parents. Authority said the arrest came not from a new tip, but coming back through mill pieces of evidence, including cell phone data that allegedly places a phone used by Cole along the route the day the bombs were planted, a photo that allegedly places his vehicle near the crime scene, and financial transactions they say show Cole bought materials from an area home depot that could be used to make bombs.
Speaker 1: And he's a thirty year old dude that lives at home and is described as he works for the family business but only a couple hours a day, doesn't really have any friends, walks around with headphones a lot picks a dog.
Speaker 2: Boats on his jiwawa jack.
Speaker 1: According to one report, I'm wondering if maybe he's, for whatever reason, a youngster that's not cut out to go out into the world to make a living, and then they'd let him work at the family business a couple hours a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy.
Speaker 3: Look, he was twenty five when he allegedly committed a crime. You know, it sure looks to me like it's going to be a disaffected, alienated young man with no attachment, no partner, isolated, decided to get into radical politics. He was and we've talked about this in the context of the Charlie Kirk thing. Experts in the sort of thing will tell you these people often they're angry and they want to hurt somebody. Then they latch onto an ideology quite late in the game and then commit an act of violence almost immediately. They don't spend years campaigning for that cause or whatever, sacrificing and thinking.
Speaker 2: In Oregon.
Speaker 3: No, they just think I would have hurt somebody. Here's a cause. Yeah, I'm into that, let's hurt somebody.
Speaker 1: It's quite possible that at this point five years later, he wishes he hadn't or has a completely different view of the world or who knows.
Speaker 3: Well, Yeah, sure, the growth from twenty five to thirty is a lot, you know, the case by case obviously, but that's a lot of insuring. So and I'm not defending the guy. He did something abhorrent and terrible. Here's a question for you. Because he was trying to bomb, allegedly both the RNC and the dance twenty five year old black man seven months after George Floyd got killed. I'm thinking he was a Swede by the Neo Marxist systemic racism. This country's corrupted needs to be brought down.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 1: And the fact that it happened so close to the January sixth ride is just a coincidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except that he might have known there was going to be a big gathering in d C. Because he lived, you know, in the suburbs. He might have thought, oh, hey, this is perfect, this is perfect timing.
Speaker 1: Do you think he was hoping those bombs would go off and hurt her kill people.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's one of the great questions to this case, because it is said by the authorities they were both capable of going off and causing terrible damage.
Speaker 2: But didn't. Yeah, yeah, I think it's it's not a coincidence.
Speaker 3: It was the January sixth, because there's a big rally that day, but it had nothing to do with Stop to Steal or the rally itself, I suspect, So I think it's interesting.
Speaker 1: So my my taking in of this information throughout the day yesterday through mainstream media led me to believe that it was a whole There was no new information that was found. They took information that had already been gathered and pieced it together and figured out who the guy was. Now that's the way it was presented to me. It was like, you know, it's not super easy if you got a million different things to bring them all together in a way that aha, you figure out who it is, and that they just threw reopening the case and relooking at it, figured it out. But you're saying cash Ptel says, no, that's not what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do we have that audio ready, I've got the quote in front of me, but yeah, we do. Go ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 6: As to this specific case, the pipe bomber, you're right, the prior administration sat on the evidence for four years. There wasn't any production of new evidence from five years ago.
Speaker 2: Here's what we did.
Speaker 6: We went out to the country, brought in our experts, and Deputy Director Bongino led the charge and said, we're going to look at every single piece of evidence again trace. We looked at three million lines of evidence. We went back and looked at the cell phone tower data dumps. We went back and looked at the providers and what information they provided, pursued to search warrant at the time and asked questions such as why weren't all the phone numbers scrubbed, and why weren't they connected? And why wasn't there any geolocational data done? Now, that is either sheering competence or complete intentional negligence, and neither of which is acceptable for this FBI.
Speaker 2: That's a heck of a thing to say.
Speaker 3: That is really, really strong and presuming he was beaten truthful with the they didn't scrub the phone numbers go through them, you know anyway, why wasn't there any geolocational data done? That's how they got the butcher of Idaho, the killer of those poor college kids.
Speaker 1: So hard to imagine why the Biden administration wouldn't have been really hot to try to figure out who this was, because I think they would have assumed it was a Maga person that they could have you know, piled on to that whole story.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So well, either Cash Mattel is wrong about what he just said, or if he's right, this is an enormous scandal slash question because sometimes, you.
Speaker 1: Know, when we all watch crime shows, we do, everybody does, movies, whatever, sometimes a new detective can come along and look at the same evidence and figure out something. It doesn't mean that people before them were incompetent or corrupt, they just didn't see it for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but although he's just absolutely unequivocal, Yeah, no, he is.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was a scathing accusation. But like I said, it doesn't make sense to me. I doubt that they assumed that this would protect them in some way.
Speaker 3: One possible explanation, and I don't think this is true. Probably it was that they figured out that it was not a Maga person, that it was you know, a young black democrat, but then covered it up.
Speaker 2: That's that's a stretch. Yeah, that is really a stretch.
Speaker 3: I mean, you'd have somebody in the FBI who would leak the truth because most the vast majority of the people in the FBI are serious patriotic Americans who are trying to enforce the law and protect everybody. There are some bad, bad apples back in the day in Washington, d C. At headquarters, no doubt, but yes, this is it's troubling. There's got to be an explanation to that question. What happened in the last five years, So he didn't he didn't have much of a footprint computer, social media wise, or anything like that, so it's hard to know what he was thinking, right this pipe bomber.
Speaker 2: Dude, Mm hmm, yeah, huh, yeah, I would miss.
Speaker 1: The biggest question to me is did he intend to have those go off and hurt a bunch of people? Or does he was he kind of like practically a vandal in a real troll in a yeah, in a really pathetic.
Speaker 2: Sort of way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I certainly hope he has a good attorney in the atturne and he's telling them look plead guilty to everything and tell him everything they want to know as your only hope anyway. Cheerier note here from Omaha Steaks. You've got somebody you care about, you love, They don't need more stuff on a shelf. They don't need another tie. They need Omaha Steaks, which is so much more than just USDA certified tender steaks of the highest quality. It's juicy burgers, it's pork chops, chicken breasts, desserts, you name it.
Speaker 2: So good. Sizzle All the Way melody copyrighted uh.
Speaker 1: You can get fifty percent off site wide at Omaha Steaks dot Com right now, plus our listeners getting extra thirty five dollars off of the promo code Armstrong at checkout. It's part of the whole Sizzle All the Way sale and there's some good stuff there. And I've already set out the burgers to defrost for tonight.
Speaker 2: Give them to my dad.
Speaker 3: Virtually every year Father's Day, Christmas loves It. Save big on gourmet gifts and more holiday favorites with Omaha Stakes. Visit Omaha Steaks dot com for fifty percent off site wide during the Sizzle All the Way sale and an extra thirty five bucks off by using the pro como I'm sorry the promo code Armstrong at checkout. At checkout, use that code Armstrong. Terms of fly Sea site for details. Amahstakes dot Com used coat Armstrong singing This is all the Way reminded me of that. The winter band concert last night at my son's high school, and they had the middle school play, then the junior high and then the high school, all the band in in order, and it got progressively better as it went along, of course, as they got older and more talented and practiced up.
Speaker 2: But it's just it's so so so charming.
Speaker 1: The whole kids get dressed up in a way that you never see them, and they're all nervous, and they're up there and all the parents are there with their phones out, and it's just so fantastic and they're focusing on something for a pretty significant period of time, right playing the songs that occurs to me, you know, just in the wake of our conversation last hour about endorphin hits and smartphone addictions.
Speaker 2: I love that sort of thing. It was great. Yeah, here we go. So's what it sounded like. Yep, there you go. Yeah, the tempo, tempo tempo, what.
Speaker 3: That's If you don't know, that's me Joe Getty playing trombone years ago.
Speaker 2: We might be doing that again next week. You still have your trombone?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, we might have to break out the trombone next week because you're gon we're gonna raise some money. No, we're gonna raise some of that always raises money. No, and then uh and then we all have a really good time. You know it hurts my lips.
Speaker 2: You don't want to, No, I don't want to. That's funny. I was watching the band last night.
Speaker 1: They get out to buy a trumpet, get back into trumpet play and I haven't done it since high school?
Speaker 2: Would it be pretty hard? But thank you? Pretty hard to do?
Speaker 3: You're umba, sure is it's it's getting your your lips back in shape and your the muscles of your mouth and face.
Speaker 1: That's it's a challenge, is it? So it sound insurmountable. I mean you you play the piano every day. That's that's harder than blowing into But I don't play it with my lips. I gotta admit good. Yeah, So we got other news we got to catch you up on. Oh, I do want to get to the Josh Shapiro getting so angry at Kamala Harris for lying about him in her book. We have to get to that at some point. But lots of other stuff on the way, stay here.
Speaker 2: Armstrong, Heyyetty you Brook The Hunters.
Speaker 4: That is a clip from the most popular movie in the world this year, K Pop Demon Hunters. It is the most watched film ever on Netflix, with more than three hundred million views. It's the second most searched term on Google the entire year. The soundtrack nominated for five Grammys. There have been four top ten hits on Billboard's Hot one hundred.
Speaker 1: Wow nominated for Grammys. I didn't know that. I don't know anything about it. I just have heard about it, and I've heard my kids, who are teenage boys, so they particularly hate this sort of thing excellent and the that it ever even gets brought up makes them angry. But I did not realize that K Pop Demon Hunters was the most streamed movie in Netflix history. That's something I feel like I got to at least watch the first fifteen minutes to have an idea of what the hell it is.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, tell me how you like it. You know.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about movie reviews because I read a long review by a pretentious bastard who writes about movies that got sucked in just because the movie and the premise of the movie and all were really interesting to me. And then I went and watched the trailer, and the trailer that the review was long, like in pretentious and negative, and then I watched the trailer and I thought I'd watch that.
Speaker 2: That looks enjoyable to me.
Speaker 3: Movie reviews should not be more than say, fifty words long, and they shouldn't be about the reviewer, you know, pleasuring himself or herself and showing how smart they are, and oh man, that annoys me.
Speaker 1: Well, And as you always point, it should be through the lens of for people who like this sort of thing. Right, If you like that sort of thing, you're gonna love this movie. I don't like that sort of thing, so I didn't like it, but you would love this because it's a really good one.
Speaker 2: Of these, right, exactly.
Speaker 3: Don't have the classical music writer review the latest punk album, just don't anyway.
Speaker 1: In news about Netflix, they're trying to acquire Warner Brothers Film Studio and the stream service HBO Max would make, which would make them even more of a behemoth than they are. They're looking to just dominate that whole space Netflix is and they're always already a five hundred pound gorilla for whatever reason in the last hour that Donald Trump has come out and said he's very got heavy skepticism about whether or not this deal should happen. And I don't know if it gets into the world of monopolies or what they're I haven't seen there, gets into the world of the Trump administration is way too willing to interfere with commerce in my opinion.
Speaker 3: You know, I've got another hot take about Trump screwing something up, and you know, here's here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Are you for Trump or against him? I'm for you, I'm for taxpayers. He's for the America. Kil Getty's for you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Kamala Harris, some great Kamala Harris stuff coming up, stay with us, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just you know what it is.
Speaker 3: It's about the Somali thing in Minneapolis. This is an enormous, shining, bipartisan admission that our welfare systems are utterly corrupt and waste money. There's rampant fraud. It's absolutely disgusting, and it is a horrific betrayal of the American taxpayer. And Trump is making it about immigration.
Speaker 1: You're right, Yeah, the Republicans should hammer this all the way up to the election. Make it their issue welfare fraud or all kinds of fraud, and but making it specifically about the somalies is just only about the somomy. It's just too easy to refute it as racism or whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, right, yeah, and I'm not saying there's no issue.
Speaker 3: There absolutely is an issue with you know, allowing a hostile culture to come in their tens of thousands. They hate us, they hate our cultor they hate our world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one hundred percent an.
Speaker 3: Issue, but it's not like the most useful issue here, and it's not the core issue.
Speaker 1: So Netflix to acquire Warner Brothers following that blah blah blah blah blah value of eighty two point seven billion dollars. I mean, these are some really big, giant companies that are coming together. As a lot of people have pointed out, there's a certain amount of bundling that's going on with all these companies into one thing that's very similar to what Cable used to be or you know, you got it through dish or or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Although media is changing so fast, the idea that this is a monopoly or that that is it's just no it'll change so quickly. What's true today won't be true tomorrow. It's like calling my Space a monopoly. You know, a week later, nobody it's gone.
Speaker 1: I tried to wean myself off a bunch of subscriptions Hulu and Netflix and HBO, Max and Peacock and all these other I've canceled liked them all six months, nine months ago, and I've slowly added them back in as a show comes along or a movie that you know, me and my kids want to see, and it's only on this one, so I sign up next thing. You know, I got them all again. They got you, they got me, woof, they got me. It's hard to get away. So Kamala Harris wrote a really stupid book and went on a stupid tour, and it got heavy reviews of how stupid the whole thing was. She apparently lied about Governor Josh Shapiro Pennsylvania. He did not dig that at all. We have some quotes from him we can get to coming up.
Speaker 3: The famously measured Josh Shapiro lost his s and was immediately regretful for it.
Speaker 2: Hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's probably running for president. I don't know that she is. Gavin definitely is.
Speaker 3: And the idea that that half what would run again, I mean, that's that's too good to be true.
Speaker 2: Christmas President. So we've got all that on the way.
Speaker 1: Stay with us if you missed a second to get the podcast, Armstrong and Getty. It is time for us to do what we have been doing in that time as every day there.
Speaker 2: You go, her greatest hit. That's her, uh, that's her, her.
Speaker 1: Emmy, her Oscar, her everything for Kamala Harris. And that's what we're going to talk about here.
Speaker 3: To call Kamala Harris a mediocrity is to pay her a compliment.
Speaker 2: She does not deserve.
Speaker 3: You think about it, You think about Kamala Halfwit Harris and Tim open Wallet Waltz. If that is not the weakest ticket in American history, it is in the top five.
Speaker 2: Eh.
Speaker 1: She is the most qualified person to ever run for president and America wasn't ready for a black female president. Those are both absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 3: So the Atlantic in the person of this Chap's named Tim Alberta.
Speaker 2: That's a cool name.
Speaker 1: He sounds like he ought to be some sort of Americana singer, you know, acoustic guitar cowboy hat.
Speaker 2: Tim Alberta. Yeah. Anyway, So he goes to.
Speaker 3: Talk to Josh Shapiro about a couple of things, and he says, I knew, from speaking to people close to Josh Shapiro, the governor of Minister of Pennsylvania off the rumored presidential candidate. He was looked at very seriously to be Kamala Harris's running mate.
Speaker 2: But he's a Jew. It's a good point anyway.
Speaker 3: That was the view of a lot of the left wing of the Democratic Party who are flaming anti Semite. Anyway, the guy writes, from speaking to people close to Shapiro, I knew that he'd lost some respect for the former vice president during the campaign, not simply because she shows someone else as a running mate. In Shapiro's view, given the near existential stakes for both the Democratic Party and America Democracy, please, Harris's lapses during the election, in particularly ignoring Joe Biden's obviously decline, were unforgivable, but he had been careful not to say so publicly. Shapiro's kind of the anti Trump, and that he's very measured and very strategic, and he only plays his cards when he thinks it's best to play them. Anyway, Uh, Shapiro knew I was gonna ask him about Harris. What he didn't know is that early copies of her book were then making the rounds among reporters, having obtained the relevant sections of one hundred and seven Days. And that morning I asked Shapiro if Harris had given him and he heads up about her books. She had not, he said, And I told him, you know, Harris took some shots at you. Shapiro furred his brow and crossed his arms. Okay, he said, I love that.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have crossed my arms because that's just too much of a giveaway.
Speaker 3: The man I observed over the next several minutes was unrecognizable.
Speaker 2: Gone was his equilibrium.
Speaker 3: He moved between outrage and exasperation as I relaid the excerpts.
Speaker 1: You know why Harris, You know why he's so angry before we even get into him. He has so little respect for her. That's what makes him so mad. So this dunderpate is coming at me. Oh, give me a break.
Speaker 3: This intellectual, lightweight, single party state slept her way to the top.
Speaker 2: Half wit who is coming at me? Ouch? Hey, if the panties fit wear them?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's right, another misogyny Friday the armstrong again.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's an accuracy. Truth is an absolute defense against misogyny. Anyway, let's see, all right, the man I observed unrecognizable. Gone was his equilibrium. He moved between outrage and exasperation as that relayed the excerpts Harris had accused him in essence of measuring the drapes, even inquiring about featuring Pennsylvania artists and the vice presidential residence, of insisting quote that he would want to be in the room for every decision Harris might make, and more generally, of hijacking the conversation when she interviewed him for the job, to the point where she reminded them that you will not be a co president.
Speaker 2: She wrote that in her book, he said, in response to the claim, blah blah.
Speaker 3: Blah, that's complete and utter a bulls fed, using the actual word, obviously, I can tell you that her accounts are just blatant lies.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's not measured. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: After reading Harris's book, talking with people from both camps, I found descriptions of the meeting could be mostly consistent. Shapiro arrived in an edgy mood, chafing at efforts among fellow Democrats to Sabotagees tryout Shapiro is Jewish, was specially irked by anti Semitic innuendo from the left. The two skip past any semblance of small talk in Shapiro proceeded to interview Harris rather than the other way around. I did ask a bunch of questions, Shapiro told me, sounding exasperated. Wouldn't you ask questions if someone was talking to you about forming a partnership and working together?
Speaker 1: Well, wait, you kind of YadA YadA, YadA this so you're saying the interviewer from the Atlantic. The writer from the Atlantic says, other people have told them that her account is pretty consistent with what happened. Yes, okay, that's interesting. Well that he was, he interviewed her. Yeah, well, I've been in that sort of situation before. It really turns me off. No, no, no, no, you've got this backwards.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: And then he was annoyed because Harris was portraying him in ways consistent with the whispers that had dogged him throughout the vetting process and throughout his career that he was selfish, petty, and monomoniacally ambitious given the fact that they'd known each other for twenty years, Shapiro said with a groan. I asked whether he felt betrayed. I mean, she's trying to sell books and cover her ass, Shapiro snapped. So Mitt stared past me, now shaking his head, blah blah blah. Then quickly, I shouldn't say cover her ass. I think that's not appropriate. She's trying to sell books, period. He collected it too late.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you just said to a reporter in an interview on the record. At that point, there's no fixing. So I was about to say, is he angry because she let out what actually happened or angry? But no, he says blatant lies. So he's claiming that that's not the way I went down. Uh yeah, the blatant lies part.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 3: Referring to well, complete and utter bull spit that he was practically measuring the drapes and inquired about featuring Pennsylvania artists and the vice presidential residence and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Who knows, who knows? Well?
Speaker 1: Did he actually say I need to be in the room for every decision.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have nothing more to say about Josh Shapiro and his prospects.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I didn't care.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was funny that he caught out Kamala Harris so forcefully and interview on the record.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I'd like to know what actually happened there. I could see him going led it though you nailed it. He has no respect.
Speaker 1: He went in with that attitude with no respect for her, so he probably was a little over the top. He went in with the you're kind of an accidental You're like a gerald Ford style president, just like the all these dominoes fell in such a way that you might end up president.
Speaker 3: I would be doing you a favor by lending you my gravitas, right, and you're too stupid to understand.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel. Well, as it.
Speaker 3: Turns out, she's not quite that stupid, and in her book she calls him out for coming in with some tude. So now we know precisely how stupid she is and how stupid she's not.
Speaker 2: She noticed that.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Well, remember, and this is getting into the weeds a little bit on this sort of thing, but remember the way she ended up being the running mate was a couple of different things. But when Biden was looking for his vice presidential running mate, a lot of the names that floated up all of a sudden appo research would get dumped on these people, and Biden knew it was coming from Kamala, and he liked the fact that, Okay, she understands how this game is played, and she and she is ready to throw elbows to get what she wants.
Speaker 2: That's what he liked about her.
Speaker 1: So it's possible that she is incompetent in all kinds of different ways, and she clearly is, but not in the ways of fighting dirty in politics to get ahead, which is how she rose to the you know that, and maybe being a little hot and a little willing to be friends to certain people.
Speaker 2: Billy Brown was charming. I met Willie Brown, I was.
Speaker 3: Charmed or uh, yeah, oh, she's unquestionably a skilled climber. I mean, look at what she's you know, the jobs she's held and done very badly at.
Speaker 2: But yeah, skilled climber. You got to give her that.
Speaker 1: One of the reasons I'd never make it in politics, and there's like a million reasons, is uh, you've got to be willing to just realize it's part of the deal. Everybody screws everybody. Nobody's friends with anybody. You're friendly to somebody on a moment by moment basis, if it helps you, you'll turn on them a second later, and then you go back to being friends five minutes later. If you've switched to a different topic. And I couldn't. I would never be able to live like that. We're we're either friends or we're not.
Speaker 3: But plus, Michael and I have been compiling a catalog of your you know, your missteps for years.
Speaker 2: In fact, we had to start a second volume, so yeah, there might be a third.
Speaker 3: Give it a while anyway, Thank god, we don't have to worry about presidential politics for a Oh, Gavin Newsom just gave a speech in South Carolina. Yeah what, Yeah, I know. I mean I need to pay attention to it.
Speaker 1: I am paying attention to this because I get them every single day, these emails when I open up my emails in the morning, that are fake PayPal, fake ups, fake shipping orders, all kinds of stuff. Luckily I catch them, I think all the time. With the help of web Root, it makes it a lot easier so that these fishing scams and all kinds of different scams to try to steal your info and rip you off.
Speaker 2: If you have.
Speaker 1: Webroote, you don't have to worry about it. They sort of scams spike at the holidays. I'd like say some sort of Santa de to go rogue and whoop up on these people. But you've got to protect yourself. Webroot Total Protection brings devices, identity, privacy, VPN and backup together so you can shop and scroll with confidence. Take seventy five percent off now at webroot dot com slash armstrong. That's seventy five percent off at webroot dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: Families can cover up to ten identities and ten devices. Choose who to protect from kids, grandparents, plus lightning fast scams with no one eying pop ups. Get seventy five percent off at webroot dot com slash armstrong. Webroot dot com slash armstrong. Live a better digital life with webroots.
Speaker 1: Remember when I was interacting with that woman who was claiming we were in a relationship, and I was just trying to see how far the scam would go or when she would ask me for money or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the email thing. Yeah, where was she was?
Speaker 1: She was were Ukrainian or Russian or something like that anyway, And I still don't know how she I got my email address originally, but at some point I don't know. It's just the mood I was in that day. I just was tired of dealing with it because I had played along for quite some time, and she'd send me these pictures and talk about how in love we were beautiful. I finally sent her I said, hey, you know, I just have gotten busy and I don't have time to go along with this anymore. So I've been playing along with this just to see when you were going to finally ask for money.
Speaker 2: And I said, I'm just curious, like it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't bother you at all, that you play upon people's emotions and like lonely desperate people think you actually like them, and then you make some money off of it, that you sleep okay at night with that act.
Speaker 2: And then I just never heard anything back from her.
Speaker 3: Of course, what do you think they might have replied, as I've brought this story to you that look, I'm an Indonesian fisherman. I was snatched up by the Chinese. I'm being held against my will. Hmmm, they make me do this all day long?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that? Huh, that's what I think. Thought. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to scam somebody else. Oh so, no, I'm supposed to feel bad.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, should think about somebody other thane of yourself for once, fisherman, how about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh boy.
Speaker 3: So the whole multi zillion dollar climate scam is on the rocks and for a good reason, but the climate activists seem to have no concept of why that is. It's not that people have woken up to the giant scam and how it's crippled economies without doing any good. It's misinformation and disinformation by evildoers has swayed the minds of people.
Speaker 1: Hopefully that ruse is over, we'll talk about that. No stuff on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 7: Well, guys, we've eventually kicked off the holiday season, and they're always filled with little highs and lows. The high when your child enjoys a candy cane, and a low when they suck it down to a ship and say.
Speaker 2: Get me a little boo boo. Or else.
Speaker 7: There's a high when opening an advent calendar and a low when realizing all the chocolate expired during.
Speaker 2: The Reagan administration. So it be great, I said.
Speaker 7: There's a high wind seeing Santa at the mall, and the low when the whiskey and Santa's breast singes.
Speaker 2: Your nose hair. And finally there's a high.
Speaker 7: When attending your office Christmas party, and then there's a low when attending a private party the next day.
Speaker 2: In hr it all evens out. Do we have any kind of Christmas party? Yeah?
Speaker 7: We do.
Speaker 2: We have some sort of lunch. When is that next week? That's a check that's jack to date. But yeah, okay, I should go to that a Christmas lunch. Nothing says festivities more than lunch. Is in the building? Is it here in the building?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember back in the old days when you had real Christmas parties and people bring their spouses and get dressed up.
Speaker 2: Those are awesome good times. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have no interest in the who's a better basketball player, Lebron James or Michael Jordan. You can't drag me into that conversation. But an interesting record came to an end last night for Lebron James, who might finally be old at age forty. He had a Hall of Fame level season last year. If he'd averaged what he averaged last year his whole career, he'd be in the Hall of Fame at age thirty nine. This year, he's dropped off quite a bit, and last night, for the first time in many, many years, he scored less than ten points in a game, ending his record streak of almost thirteen hundred consecutive games of scoring at least ten points in a game.
Speaker 2: He scored eight last night.
Speaker 1: He did, to his credit, by the way, have a chance to make ten points at the Veria in the game, but he passed the ball to somebody else. They scored the winning basket. He was asked afterwards, you have any regrets, He said, no, we won.
Speaker 2: That's the whole goal.
Speaker 1: Twelve hundred and ninety seven consecutive games. Second place by Michael Jordan is eight sixty six, four.
Speaker 2: Hundred games shorter. I mean, that's stunning.
Speaker 1: Some of the numbers that Lebron has are just amazing, you know, for how long he's played at such a high level. But he might finally be old, So this has got to be his last season. I would assume, although time is undefeated, but it sure had to fight hard. In his case, God, I would say, so had to hang in there. I don't know why this story didn't get more attention.
Speaker 2: I just became aware of it myself.
Speaker 1: There was an effort, it looks like, to assassinate President Zelensky on his trip to Dublin the other day, as four drones converged in his flight path after he had flown through so his plane arrived early, and it really looks like that four drones and nobody's exactly sure where they came from, please converted right where his plane was going to be coming into the landing strip there, and they're still trying to figure that all that out plane got there earlier, and it was supposed to him the drones would would have gotten there right when his plane had gotten there and shot.
Speaker 2: Him out of this guy possibly.
Speaker 1: And I was reading one of my favorite thinkers saying, this is where we are, that there's just so much stuff going on all the time that a close call assassination attempt on a world leader in the middle of a war with all these peace negotiations happening doesn't even really.
Speaker 3: Make the news right right, Well, there are a lot of examples of that. It's just got to kind of catch on, like this Somali ripoff in Minnesota story. Yeah, that story's a couple of years old. Hell, we had it eighteen months ago, I think. But now all of a sudden it's the biggest thing in politics, partly because Trump latched onto it and is talking about it, and all of a sudden, like the New York Times has decided, Yeah, we probably ought to write about this. So's just too much going on, it's too wild.
Speaker 1: I mentioned yesterday that one of the great AI thinkers predicting what it's going to be like in the future, the way AI is gonna destroy civilization, if not destroy you know, all human beings, is everything is just gonna become so confusing. We're just gonna be so inundated with crap all the time that you don't know what's true and what's not and what's really happening, and just there's just so much blah constantly, And I, like Joe said, it feels like we're halfway there already.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have two completely contradictory thoughts on that. The first one is the becoming zen or confusion or praying ceaselessly or whatever. A lot more people are gonna embrace that, they're gonna check out completely from the information economy and try to live simple lives. My completely oppositional thought to that is that the evil doers will have enormous powers and we all need to be on our guard. Yeah, it's definitely a fever pitch confusing age we're moving into.
Speaker 1: Well, so you mean, like checking out individually really good for you, but not is not going to help society if people that checked out can't really be motivated to get in to do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure they could do anything anyway, depending on which way the AI thing goes and who gets it and how they use it. I realized this is all kind of terrifying and dislocating. I would concentrate on the world close to you.
Speaker 2: That's what I do.
Speaker 3: There's nothing much I can do about this stuff, so I don't worry about it?
Speaker 2: Or is there?
Speaker 3: It creeps into my dream sometimes and I wake up screaming and weeping.
Speaker 2: But what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Could we get regulations in place to slow down this train? Or is it just impossible? No? No, okay, well then you have any other question in sports and weather exactly?
Speaker 2: No, what about the Chinese.
Speaker 1: As I always say, if you missed a segment of an hour get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 4: More coming an hour three Armstrong and Getty