Speaker 1: Welcome to Will You Accept This Rose? A production of iHeartRadio? Oh oh my god, you guys, Happy Turkey, lurky day. Honeys. Look, we're all doing the best pocas and I can't believe we're going into the holiday season still on the beaches. Si, I'm not mad at it. I didn't know. We've all become snowbirds.
Speaker 2: We're officially snowbirds.
Speaker 1: Look, you know what you gotta do, what you gotta do. Hello, I'm gonna do another episode of weeks Up this Rose. My name is Arto Marine, coming to you from my mom's bougie apartment in New York City. This is my last New York City one, and then we're gonna be back in person in Los Angeles, which is exciting. But it's been fun. I've made pals here, which is I've very much enjoyed. It was fun to see Margaret and Joe last week. I've so much enjoyed Seth and and Uh Jordan and and Ana and Mave and Carolina.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's been really such a fun run.
Speaker 3: Here in such a hard to Did you enjoy it? Absolutely? Everyone was like a pleasant surprise each time.
Speaker 1: I felt like people really came to play and I and a lot of people were like newer to the franchis Tammy, So that was just like, yeah, it was really I loved. I love. I feel like we expanded, we like got like our summer house or our East Coast, our time share. I feel like we did a really good job. Okay, hello, And so with us today, coming to us from north and south of the border, and by that I mean Canada and Los Angeles, we have with us a man that we just loved so much, and we get him when we can.
Speaker 2: He's so funny.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say he's our male bachelor historian because his brain holds things that mine doesn't, but Lori's does, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He's a brilliant stand up.
Speaker 1: We met him. It's almost our anniversary with him. He's a brilliant stand up.
Speaker 3: My Carosa.
Speaker 1: Hi, Yeah, like you've been our friend longer.
Speaker 4: It does feel that way, it does. It feels longer than it almost a year. Hasn't even been a year.
Speaker 1: Well, you were supposed to do two years ago, and then that the second round of COVID kind of like delayed our We've been in touch, we were we we texted an email, but like, I feel like we really really you can't You're you're an important part of the podcast now.
Speaker 2: I hope you know that.
Speaker 5: That feels really nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, be your all friend on Zoom. Sometime I feel very excited. I feel like you guys are a good couple. I just want to say that.
Speaker 4: I look, I'm just gonna go ahead and say I might be a little biased, but I think we are too. She's real sweet. She's working right now. If she wasn't so busy, i'd tell her to come say hi.
Speaker 1: I need to mean Okay. Also with us is a woman I gotta say, whose hair is looking really healthy and on point. Get this woman, Get this woman a hair campaign. She's got a gorgeous pink tree in her gorgeous pink studio.
Speaker 2: With only half the lights on. But you know what more to come?
Speaker 1: You know her as I'm gonna say, a person who was who infiltrated via our earbuds, and she came, she listened, and then she climbed on into the studio and into your hearts, ladies and gentlemen, your friend, my friend waitning.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you for having me again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, who have Who have you enjoyed the most from the New York crew?
Speaker 3: Is it Seth? He was, Oh so fantastic, upset, so cute. I like your engineer that we never hear.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know you don't have to have him record himself.
Speaker 3: I like that he does like I like the guessing what he's saying.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: I told doctor Shamam Shamaa that Seth beat him out, and Shamwam is competitive, and so we did. We wanted to. We were gonna try to see if we could get an advanced copy of the finale to do before we left New York, and then we realized, hey, ding dungs, it's live. You can't speed up time. All right, it's live, so you're not gonna be on that coast. You can't speed up times, so it's not gonna work. Also with us as two women who we are obsessed with the wind beneath our wings, friends of workaholics and animals alike, ladies and gentlemen, Doctor Katie Levine and doctor Hannah Montana, Arianna Rosanna, Rosanna, Dana Mina, Hostia Levine. Welcome to the program, Doctor Banana and Katie, how are you doing.
Speaker 7: Hi. Sorry, I have a cough right now, So that's okay. I've been coughing all right.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling under the weather.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just mostly a cough. My throat is just like, you got enough of this travel?
Speaker 2: You're on a hundred city tour.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do? I just want to say, right out of the gate, two shows. Brian, Sophie and I are doing our very first ever no Autographs please live in Los Angeles Wednesday, December sixth at the Allegian Theater.
Speaker 2: We've done a sold out run at Union Hall.
Speaker 3: In New York.
Speaker 1: It's so fun. We're gonna have Chris Fleming. If you don't know him, he does those funny videos on YouTube. He's fucking hilarious. He's he has a special that just came out on Peacock. He Mike, you know him. He's hilarious.
Speaker 5: I love him.
Speaker 4: He's one of the goofiest goofballs who's ever goofed.
Speaker 1: He's so I've never met him, and I slid into his DMS because I'm like such a fan, and he immediately.
Speaker 4: Says, somebody who loves to play, Yeah, this is gonna be the perfect guest.
Speaker 1: And then we also have Meatball, who did who is a drag perform Do you love Meatballs?
Speaker 2: Oh, Meatball is incredible.
Speaker 1: Meatball is a drag performer who did like he sort of made fun of George Santos and the George Santos got confused and like complimented it and then he was like, I was kidding.
Speaker 2: So Meatball is all.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be me, Brian Meetball, and Chris bellm if that's not a foursome. So that's that. The Allegian Theater is our only West Coast show during the holiday, so get your tickets, uh, December sixth, and then we're going to sketch Fast me Doctor Banana, Katie, Jack Keith is coming, Aaron Foley, Lorie and Doug Benson and most importantly Branden Okayden starting us. Can you even He's So that's gonna be at San Francisco's Sketch Fest January twentieth in the afternoon, come play with us. Okay, here we are, We're in Paradise.
Speaker 2: Michael and Olivia.
Speaker 1: Michael showed up and he's like Olivia, if you recall, she was with John Henry, cat Stole, John Henry and all Lo and behold, what's she gonna do? Branden saves Olivia and down walks Michael, the sea captain with the giant dipples. He flirts with everybody. Olivia is all excited. She's like, he better ask me, he better ask me. She gets asked, and then she's talking to the producers and has no memory of his name, even though she's saying, I hope we get engaged.
Speaker 2: I hope he proposes.
Speaker 1: No memory.
Speaker 2: What did you think of that?
Speaker 7: Move?
Speaker 2: My carotza?
Speaker 4: I hated it. I don't care for it. I'm sorry. Look, if you're gonna be like I think he's this, I think he's that.
Speaker 5: I want him to ask me out.
Speaker 4: I want this, I want that, And all you've got is you don't even know his name, and you're like, what, it's so loud, the waves keep crashing. It's like no, I'm sorry, but like, you know, it's fun to fantasize, but don't be like I could see him be my guy or whatever, being like pissed about not getting it asked out or whatever.
Speaker 5: I just think I didn't I didn't like that.
Speaker 4: But then again, I'm also apparently in the minority and thinking I don't I don't care for Olivia.
Speaker 1: I don't like okay, and how come like way.
Speaker 4: Something about like, first, okay, I don't. I'm off put by the fact that she looks very much like a child like she She's got such a child like face that I'm like, you haven't. It's kind of like a she reminds me of like my teenage cousin who I'm like, you need to.
Speaker 5: You need to grow up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Okay, But also, uh, I just there's something about like she's been vindictive. She's great TV, but I don't like her. Okay, great TV, I don't like her.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Whitney, how did you feel? I have to say this was the first time I start because I've been very pro Olivia, very much protective of her, and then and then I realized when she didn't realize Michael's name, I'm like, am I getting played by the world's best performer that's been on here? Because I'm sincerely rooting for her every time, I actually feel like she really likes somebody, even though she did come in hot with the toa sucking with poor Will who went banana pants. But like, like this is why I'm like, oh is Olivia playing me? Did I get played by Olivia? What do you think, Whitney?
Speaker 3: I this didn't bother me at all, you know, I like, I think she's fantastic and I do agree she makes great TV. I've absolutely agreed to go on dates with people and I've completely forgotten their name and just send them to voicemail so I can hear what the name is. Yeah, that was normal, Like to me, I was like, okay, like it's loud, and I will say for this whole season, I do feel like they're all drunk all the time. Like I okay, last year they were drunk all the time, and I just feel like they are just wasted. And She's just like, I don't know I remember his name. So I was okay with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Doctor Banana and Katie, how did you feel about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I felt like maybe she wasn't doing herself any favors by not knowing Michael's name, but at the same time, she had just met him.
Speaker 1: I have also, I've also go agreed to go out with people that I didn't know their name.
Speaker 8: She's meeting a lot of people. Yeah, there's so many people on the beach. I was like, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: And but he's the one guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can't see that, I know, And I think maybe she was just so excited to have someone there to potentially give her.
Speaker 1: Say she wanted to get married to him, and they didn't know his Ye, that's true. That is funny.
Speaker 9: And then the producer is like, you don't know his name?
Speaker 1: That was pretty good. That was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Also made me realize because you know how we know that they have people on the list that they want to choose, and then they have alternates. Obviously Mike wasn't on Olivia's list.
Speaker 1: Right, I like, so we see, uh so then they go she goes ring ring, I don't know his name. So then.
Speaker 2: So then they start dancing and she.
Speaker 1: Goes, I like Michael, I like Mike goal and then John Henry and Olivia have gone their separate ways. But he was graceful and he's like, you know what.
Speaker 2: I wish her?
Speaker 1: Well, uh you know, but uh he's he's he's tyking like getting to know Olivia, and he's talking about how he likes sort of like heavy metal.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a cat you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry cat. She's like, he's like he likes heavy metal, and then she's like, have you been to a heavy metal concert? And he was like yeah, and then she was like, I would never go in a mosh pit freendan.
Speaker 3: Through all this, I was like he would. He would hate her so much.
Speaker 1: Did you go to Guns and Roses or where did you go? What did you go see recently at people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just did Guns n' Roses. I've happily been in tons of mash pits. I love heavy cat also, so I just thought that they were. When he was sitting there, John Henry like saying like, oh, I sort of broke it off with Olivia and was trying to have this conversation. I was like, this is so annoying because she just kept jumping in and agreeing with everything he had to say. And then it ended up when they're finding out like well I like heavy metal, and then she was like ugh, and then mosh pits people die literally die in the.
Speaker 4: I know, they're probably so much safer than the rest of the concert. And like, I grew up going to punk shows. I'm a post hardcore kid. I just went to see the Callous dow Boys in town. They're so fun, They're really great. Honestly, they're the next big thing. I love them very much. But the callous cowboys put on a hell of a show. And like the mash pit is like the ethos is like we're all here to kind of let out get like, let out some steam and have fun. Yeah, and you look out for each other. So somebody drops their glasses, somebody's gonna pick them up, somebody gets knocked in the face, you're gonna get carted over to like somewhere safe. Somebody falls, everybody knows that you have to pick them up. So to me, like Kat being like a mosh pit, Oh my god, do you have a death wish or something? You crazy? How am I supposed to trust you as the father of our children if you're gonna go ahead and die at a concert? And it's just like, Oh, Cat's never had fun, Cat's just never gone outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Cat.
Speaker 2: Cat is a wet blanket.
Speaker 1: She's as Aaron Folly would say, she's a fun Sponge's favorite is base, that's right, that's right, her favorite.
Speaker 4: Her favorite color is bab I'll never let that go.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're right.
Speaker 4: She likes John Henry. Yeah, she likes John Henry because he seems easy to control. But this this mosh pit thing through her for ak because.
Speaker 1: It is it goes with his it goes with his tongue piercing, like I feel like I feel like he's even more of a wild card than she even realizes, which I kind of enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Did you tell them out or do we about the dates that Olivia went on with with Michael, Michael.
Speaker 1: We haven't gotten there yet, so we're getting there. So she was saying, this is a new beginning. I want to have fun. I loved this phrasing, don't let your chin tilt, You're gonna let your crown slip off your head. I liked that.
Speaker 3: I wrote it down.
Speaker 1: I did too. I liked that don't put your chin like. I really thought that was so sweet. I was like, I said that, I think she did. Didn't she say that about herself? Or he did? Michael is here?
Speaker 2: Michael or Olivia?
Speaker 1: I think he. I think she did.
Speaker 4: So my notes are a bit of a scramble, but I have it written down as hers.
Speaker 1: I think she said it. It was really good. Before we take a quick break and we'll get into the date. How did you guys, I just want to I always like to hear from our rags.
Speaker 2: Golden Bachelor fantasy sweets.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? Okay, Katie just perked right up. Okay, I mean, I mean, at first, it felt like game over is just gonna be Leslie's He's like, call off the races, and then and then he actually asked Teresa, and Teresa actually has kind of an interesting job and like they seem kind of compatible. I can't believe it. I'm actually reading for Teresa at this point in time, Katie tell me everything.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was like watching it and I was just like, well, it's it's Leslie, Like Teresa doesn't stand a chance. And I don't know why he like flipped so much, Like maybe he really did. I think you said it in the podcast, like maybe he thought she was just going to like he would just have to like.
Speaker 9: Take care of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he didn't like that.
Speaker 8: And then he's like, oh no, you're like very independent and self sufficient and you can take care of yourself, and uh, maybe then he was just like, Okay, well maybe we're just a better fit then, because now, yeah, I'm reading for Teresa. I think Leslie will break as heart as to do if he chooses her, I don't think it'll last. I think she's gonna self sabotage it.
Speaker 1: She's literally says it.
Speaker 2: She says, I sabotage.
Speaker 1: She after they slept together or whatever they did, she said, he's like an old shoe. Nobody the first morning after you've slept or whatever, even hooked up with somebody, you do not want to be. No man, No one wants to be called an old shoe.
Speaker 2: Doctor Banana, what do you think?
Speaker 7: Uh, well, at this point, I think he should choose Teresa because it's the more realistic choice. Yeah, she's like an actual, I don't know what, feels like a stable person, even though she's sort of like a fragile bird in herself. But Leslie's Leslie's a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: And she's telling and she's telling him that, like she's telling him every time.
Speaker 7: She's like, I've never known happily ever after.
Speaker 1: And it feels like what is this? It also feels like it's like she just she's it feels like she's trying to talk herself into a safe guy and that she doesn't actually like him, but she's trying to talk herself.
Speaker 3: Whitney, you're up Okay, I have a couple. I have a question to ask as well. I think it's Teresa. I think it is the show always. I forget that we're dealing with the show that ends in a proposal and he hasn't even asked the simple question yet of what do you do for living? Yeah, it was like beyond me that this is Like.
Speaker 1: Well, I think a lot of them don't work anymore, they're retired, you know, But yeah, what did you what did you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just basic everyday questions that one does on the first date when you've got a lot of time. But this is I keep wondering because you all have talked about it multiple times. Do we think that Prince was great in bed? Like you said, like, do we think Prince would have been good in bed?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You think good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. Also, if you've talked about Prince, you've probably slept with other musicians.
Speaker 2: You slept with the sexy chef, you slept with Prince.
Speaker 1: I think there's at least fun things happening in bed.
Speaker 3: I think there's really unexpected things. Okay, I was just sort of wondering in my mind. I was I saw him once and he was so tiny, like he was like like five.
Speaker 1: Feet but I think, I mean he's I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't attracted to him, but I love this idea that that.
Speaker 1: He's sexy motherfucker and he's like little purple booties, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, So it is interesting that she's I agree with everything that you have said from the beginning that she is definitely like it's a competition and she wants to win, but she's not really thinking about long term. And she has like told every single red flag and.
Speaker 1: She didn't be friends, like she didn't be friend of our girl, Susan Jenner, you know what I mean, like you did before. She didn't befriend Ellen, you know what I mean. Okay, Mike, what did you think?
Speaker 4: So here's the thing, not not to not to be a party pooper. I haven't been watching The Golden Bachelor, I know, Okay, Okay, it's so bak.
Speaker 5: We've we've been watching.
Speaker 4: I needed a break, so I'm told, you know how many texts I woke up to just like the next day of the premiere being like you watching because it's pretty great.
Speaker 1: It's the best one I've ever had. It's also only eight episodes, so you could just do it. It's the best one.
Speaker 4: Lindsay do you know Lindsay Adams out in La She's a very funny comic. She runs good heroin. She's uh, she's great. She texted me today, are you watching the Golden Bachelor? And I was like, no, I'm taking a break from most of most of the Bachelor stuff. And she's like, wrong move and I'm like, okay, great. Yeah. So that that's when so she convinced me to give it a go, and I'm going to go ahead and watch it all.
Speaker 5: When it's all.
Speaker 1: Done, there's short, they're short.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was.
Speaker 4: What convinced me. That's why she was like, She's like, it takes no time at all. It's like four minutes an episode, Like just go for it exactly. So it feels like you can knock it out.
Speaker 1: No, it's actually it's actually they believe it or not, These producers actually made a really meaningful, moving fun They love that. I'm shocked.
Speaker 4: It feels like a return to form, Like it feels like the early days of the Bachelor. From what I've been told, it's like nobody's out here, Like I'm going to get on Instagram after all this. It's kind of like ept.
Speaker 1: For maybe less except for maybe Mike.
Speaker 7: Mike, have you ever wanted to see sort of Kermit the Frog fall in love?
Speaker 4: Not because that's what he's like.
Speaker 5: Okay, you guys.
Speaker 1: Sound like Kermit the Frog. He sounds like he's handsome, he's like a well. Oh. Also, somebody emailed me that apparently in an interview that he constantly around the house would talk about how big his feet were. I guess he has size fourteen feet and he was always talking about it, and just so you know, because they commented on his big feet. So apparently like that was like he was always talking about his big feet. So he's got a little bit of the dog in him, And I'm not mad at that, all right, weight to take a quick break and would be right back. Guys, it's time.
Speaker 6: That's all right, put on the monkeys and get.
Speaker 1: And we're back. So here we are, and Rachel feels like her friendship Rose was with tanner Man. Rachel Just Rachel, Rachel, Rachel, Rachel, Just I come around, I would go against her that I'm rooting for her.
Speaker 2: I feel bad for her.
Speaker 1: I'm with her. I'm like, what the fucker? No, Like, oh god, Okay, So Rachel. This year, Rachel's been going slow. And Jordan the guy her the hot guy that she went on the race car driver as Katie Katie. We all picked him because she was a pilot. He was a race car driver and yeah, talk to us, Katie.
Speaker 8: He's so cute, so cute, so sweet, and they have such a connection and she is just like scared of it or something because she keeps saying it's there, it's wild.
Speaker 1: I'm so maud okay.
Speaker 4: I remember watching her send him home on her season and being like, oh, she's not here for the real thing. My whole deal was like she's all.
Speaker 9: The guys in the house were like you sent.
Speaker 1: Him like you absolutely, you said I'm home one, Like why not just keep him around? Like because it was she had like the she had like meatball, you know what I mean, Like yeah, like that.
Speaker 4: She needed to be there like a consoliary type guy. Was her like to talk.
Speaker 5: Get in here.
Speaker 3: Yes, But I kept wondering if there was something that was said that they just edited out, like he's super conservative and she isn't like that they didn't want to put on ABC because.
Speaker 1: It was that's a good question.
Speaker 3: Cut and like not feeling it with him that I never understood, and clearly she still has the feeling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet it's the other way around.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh yeah, yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 7: I agree.
Speaker 1: So they go on a date. They do couples yoga. I feel like we've had yoga. We've had so many tan trick. I feel like there's been a lot. I will say ABC, I was proud that they did a few same sex couples. I was like, I was proud that was at first that for the for Disney, that was pretty cool. I was like, Okay, Disney, that's cool. There's two women. He takes his shirt off.
Speaker 2: He was rapped.
Speaker 3: He was that moment I think, I've got to take my shirt off. Well, day, you know what he's working out to get on this beach.
Speaker 5: By the way he does, Rachel goes, have you been preparing for this? And he goes, kind of.
Speaker 1: It worked, yes. So then they I have to say, they kissed. They had a great kiss. I felt like their date was going swimmingly. I was actually happy for her. I thought, you know what, we all get in our own way. Sometimes we all get scared, we all self sabotage, we've all just shut down. But maybe we shouldn't have every I'll just speak for myself. I've certainly caught a run in my lifetime.
Speaker 3: Did you notice that she said to him what we always hear on The Golden Bachelor about like keeping eye contact like that. She was like, you have such great eye contact with me, and I was like, oh, we have. We've been hearing that on Yes a lot.
Speaker 1: That was in Missing Well. He kept saying, you seem completely different like person.
Speaker 2: You seem so much happier, and.
Speaker 4: She, well, she went to one therapy session.
Speaker 5: I remember that.
Speaker 4: She's been to therapy a single time and it fixed everything.
Speaker 2: It fixed everything.
Speaker 1: And then she said, she said, I'm just happy that you're here and that, and then they they they were making out in the surf and it's like a sincerely horny way that I was happy for them, Katie. I saw you nod your head. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: They were really they seemed to really hit it off. They were making out. They seemed like they were really horny for each other.
Speaker 9: But then obviously, I mean, now I'm confused.
Speaker 1: I don't so then there I love that they were the couple that was really making out and then they just got completely nailed by the water, which I loved that was flopped and it looked like it was an accident because they were like making out and that wave was fucking huge. It was really good.
Speaker 5: They were in it.
Speaker 1: They were in it, and it got just yeah. And then and then they get She goes back to the beach and she pulls Tanner and in my mind, Tanner, who's sweet and so boring, so boring, so boring and so boring, and and to me felt like he just gave it to her, because like, why go for whatever her name is with the two eyes Dobby, who is so beautiful it seems sweet, like like it just so like, oh, Rachel has more status than To me, I felt like he just picked her because she had more status than the franchise.
Speaker 4: So felt like a producer pick. Frankly, how brutal is it to have one of their old like they're an ex bachelorette getting left by to the side before somebody who had three seconds of screen time in their own season. Yeah, oh, it'll tell everybody we picked horribly. No, no, no, Tanner, don't you love Rachel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kissing her, I think to exactly what you said before. He's so boring and he's so vanilla when he had the excitement of Cat who was crazy off the wall, Like that was too much. And then Davia is just so sexy and probably in his mind exotic. Yeah, too much for him. Where Rachel's so like milk.
Speaker 1: As Brendan says, they were the same team Jerseys. Yeah. So she pulls him aside and she goes, look, we had a great date, and he's like, so I just want to know, like where are we at? He's like, am I giving you uncomfortable vibes? And he says to her, which fam you are? Exactly? Then he said to her, which I also, this felt like what guys would say to me when I was nineteen. They would criticize me in a way that made me feel like something was wrong with me. When I was like really that I didn't want to make out with them. He goes, you just put a lot of pressure on yourself. You need to shake it off and let someone in. Like guys would say shit like that to me when I was like, like, you know, you just like are really like you need to just let someone like, well, not you, I don't I don't want to let you it like that's like the believe me. I I did just let somebody and I was making out in the sand and I had a really good time. I got knocked over in a wave like it's just not you, dude. And so he's like, you have your guard up? What do you want? You need to ask yourself what you need and his manipulation worked. She's like, she's He's right, I do have my guard up. What I'm like, what the fuck you were just out with like Jordan? You had a great date, Like what's the fucking problem?
Speaker 4: And you had a great date with Jordan where there was this weird moment of you. You probably would have your guard up if you like rejected this guy on the first date based on.
Speaker 5: Like the spark wasn't there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and lo and behold you have this like intensely you guys are being vulnerable. Sure, you approached the tantric yoga guys being like, oh my god, this is awkward, like you guys aren't horny dorks, like being weird about intimacy and then just getting right into it. There is there's this vulnerability that's happening on that you're capable of this, you've just experienced it. Yes, but then you're gonna listen to like I'm sorry, but like a piece of dry wall telling you that you have you have your own walls. Oh what, you trust them because like real recognize real with the drywall game, Like I'm sorry, but you have every right to tell this guy to go fuck himself just for the rose buddy, but like, I don't know, I just had a great time with a race car driver deuces, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I have to tell you it worked. She goes and talks to Tyler, who just got his ear piers from Bradom with a giant diarius.
Speaker 3: Not see that happen? This is where I'm like, where are the cameras?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: That would have been amazing TV Like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sanitary, No, no, no.
Speaker 1: It's no.
Speaker 7: One like, hey, hey, Branden, can you not go around piercing people's ears on a beach covered in sand and bacteria?
Speaker 5: And he's just like I'm gonna like, oh.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't stop in the biggest fake time and that I could possibly find.
Speaker 4: Honestly, if I was at sketch Fest this year, I would let him pierce my ear.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: We might need to stage. So she goes and she talks to Tyler with his new giant fake diamond, and he's like. She's like, I don't know. I don't know if he chose me because he wants me or if it was a friendship bros. He's like, Okay, well, I'm busy deceiving my lady. I just tongue his chest. But you don't deceive somebody. You need to be honest with you, with your person, and you need to you need to tell them that you want to work. I'm like, you're asking Tyler, like Tyler, Now, Tyler sucks, Like Katie.
Speaker 4: Dude, Tyler should know Tyler sucks. Yeah, you wouldn't even meet his fucking family.
Speaker 3: And he's so drunk. Do you see he's like slurring his speech. Oh yes, so drunk by this point. I love.
Speaker 7: Tyler is a men's right activist.
Speaker 4: What I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know that for real, but that's how he acts because I don't know. If you guys, remember was it last year when Victoria with whoever Victoria was with that she left for uh Greg Grippo. Remember the guy was really upset and he's outside and like Tyler was out there being like you don't deserve this man. These women they just treat us like ship and he had just been dumped by Bree or whatever. Like his energy is very like pro man being like fuck women. I don't know, but that's what I've noticed.
Speaker 3: He's always that guy.
Speaker 1: You lost me at the word Victoria.
Speaker 7: Remember Victoria was with someone that she ended up leaving, Gregrip, Yes you do, Victoria who steals people's husbands?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Victoria af Yeah, so Victoria. Fully, that's right.
Speaker 7: He's like always in a guy's ear being like you don't deserve that man, right, right, right, it's always if you look, it's always Tyler. He was in Bryden's ear like he goes whatever a guy. Whenever a guy is getting scorned by a woman, just look to their left of their ear.
Speaker 4: It's Tyler.
Speaker 1: Literally, it's always Tyler. It feels like character it is.
Speaker 7: It's always him, and he's always been like you know these women man's right activists.
Speaker 1: So then brush sorry, you go.
Speaker 4: To brush up on the on the season before for jumping on this today, like to recap, I read a bunch of the Vulture recaps, and the writer of those also pointed out very like Inselly talk like not necessarily man. So they'll condemn Cat, but then also just kind of defend the guys for doing similar things.
Speaker 5: Wow, her a homie.
Speaker 4: Hopper, but another guy somebody who's keeping his options open. And that's that's like just textbook toxic masculine misogyny.
Speaker 7: A And if you look, it's always Tyler.
Speaker 1: Katie kat Money.
Speaker 9: No, you're right, I noticed that.
Speaker 8: How like if a woman changes, I mean the way Cat did it, it was shy cat, Cat Cat, but like, yeah, it is different.
Speaker 1: Where it's like like.
Speaker 8: Like they were I don't know, it's different, of course, but that's how it is always in life with men and women, unfortunately.
Speaker 3: But it's true just because of the Tanner when they kept saying, which comes up in a bit, but like that, He's like, I've just had such a rough go of it here. I'm like, how like how you've been picked yeah every time?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, but everybody want.
Speaker 3: Trauma that you've gone through on the beach that hasn't been working for you when you look at somebody like you know what, poor.
Speaker 1: You're ready had Davia, he had Cat.
Speaker 7: Everybody wanted Genevieve was interested in him.
Speaker 3: Wasn't number one jess On. She was all because that remember when Cat went and it was like, no, dare you take my Like you know, Olivia was getting all upset, saying, if my best friend wanted to go after the guy that I so like, he was everybody's number one, he could well any of them.
Speaker 1: He goes to Rachel and he says, it's you and only you. She goes, I do I want to try? I want I need to I need to put my guard down. And he's like, I want to be with my person, I want to start a business. I want to go home and watch Netflix. She say that is the most attractive thing anyone has sat on the beach. Yes, and to you, I want to try. I am the most myself I have ever been. And I'm like, what the fuck? What about Jordan? You just did it again?
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Katie? I know Katie has feelings about this. O Katie, I haven't let you go first.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 8: I was like so confused because she like literally just repeated herself for she had this great day out and then she's like that guy and You're like, and Tanner has we I mean we've seen him say.
Speaker 9: Two words to her.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I just like I don't see the connection there. Besides them both just being hot, there's no seems to be no chemistry and with like.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 9: I'm just so confused by her choices. She's making big mistakes.
Speaker 1: Agree to agree, Okay, any final thoughts, I mean, poor Jordans. Do we see Jordan again? What does he see him?
Speaker 3: They see him getting up on stage. But let me ask you this about Jordan. If you were ditched by like the girl on the first date, I was surprised that he shows her for the date. Now I understand that maybe there was nobody, no other options because they only showed him talking to one person and that other guy who's forgettable pulling cat. But I'm like, why with you? Like, I just thought that was an interesting thing, Like.
Speaker 1: Why, I bet they made him do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I think it's also like, I think it's a good look on the beach to go make him ends with the person who quote unquote broke your heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll get every.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. His claim to fame is literally like going on this crazy beautiful date on the first date with Rachel and her being like, you're literally the perfect guy. But I'm just not feeling like this is the right thing and him being like, oh no, I'm so sad, and then welcome to Paradise and she's there, so he has to be like, well, we did have this amazing connection on that one date.
Speaker 5: Is it still here?
Speaker 4: And he's kind of like if it is great, if it isn't, also fantastic, Like if it isn't I came in, it's like, hey, turns out it's still not a thing. But she still says I'm amazing, and she's.
Speaker 5: Like, go for it.
Speaker 4: And then he's gonna be like, how do you do? Eliza, and Aaron's gonna be wow, Wow, where that's my girlfriend?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: That is so great? Well, doctor Banana, do you have any final thoughts on Rachel?
Speaker 7: Uh? You know, I just wish her luck, But I don't think Tanner is her man. I mean they are still together, but I don't know. I don't think she's meant to find love on this series.
Speaker 1: No, no, All right, we're gonna take a quick break and we will be right back. It's time and we're back. We're gonna talk for one hot second about Olivia and Michael, so to remind me what their date was they go to Vedonta.
Speaker 3: And they just go dancing. I guess my point that I thought was so funny in this is that like every other person that goes on a date, they have like a like they show a lot of footage of it, and this state was sort of like, who cares, Like, we don't give a crap about it, We don't care about Mike. She clearly didn't feel any need to dress up for the state. She had an old, juicy outfit.
Speaker 4: And she didn't dress up for the man. She wants to make.
Speaker 3: Those white flip flops that I feel like you would wear, you know, on a casual day. And I was like, what is happening and then just said they were sipping from drinks that still had the price.
Speaker 1: On the bottom of Wow, wow, Like that's fun.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that was it. I just thought it was the most ridiculous date because I was like, they didn't at all. They just showed them was dancing, drinking and then saying, which I did, think of you, Arden, I hope you're happy that when Mike and Olivia make out, I thought of you because we did. He said happy are you are a really good kisser? And you kept saying I bet Olivia is a really good kisser.
Speaker 1: I get the feeling she's a really good kisser. I think she knows what she's doing. You know what, who else knows what they're doing? You and your manicurist, Whitney. Your hands, Oh my gosh, there's those holiday lights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I put holiday lights.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 1: It's so spectacular. Look at you. Gorgeous nail beds, gorgeous fingers. You could be a hand model.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: Okay. Meanwhile, here we go Aaron b and Eliza Oh god, everybody else forget they were there. He wants her to be his girlfriend, and she's like, I want to be your girlfriend. She goes, it's giving commitment, it's giving relationship. I'm like, oh my god. I I just the just the appropriation of like queer culture of like you know, like it's giving. I'm like, wow, okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: It's thought too, like, hey, producers, can you get me some flowers? And they're like, here's some fifteen day old Gerber.
Speaker 1: Days is, yeah, here's some old Gerbers. I mean, so then the truth box comes out.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised.
Speaker 4: I just want to I'm surprised he didn't make her flip a coin to decide whether or not to be his girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's right he was then he was Oh my god, good memory.
Speaker 2: He was eternally the coin door.
Speaker 1: So then so then the truth box comes out and somebody says, Tyler, everyone knows that you are not that into Mercedes. You better come clean. You're coasting. You're both coasting. I mean, we have to acknowledge that. Like they he did make out with Jess last.
Speaker 3: Week, Right, he'll come out finally.
Speaker 1: I think I do. I don't know. I guess it's when he was. When it was when Blake was on the date and they were on the day bed and they were supposed to explore other options, so he was like, I really shouldn't and then they did. I am I crazy. Look, I love Paradise, but I feel like I don't feel like I'm actually watching anyone fall in love this year. I don't feel no same.
Speaker 9: And there's not that Brandon and Serene.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, Tanna and Jade, or even like yeah, or even like Kenny, like and ma like Kenny, Maury, Yeah, like Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: People tell themselves that they're going to like Eliza and Aaron. Don't feel like they're at all the real thing. But she's like, I'm gonna get engaged and like Avan and Kylie, Like Kylie came in being like I'm gonna be with Avan and like that's like a check mark on the box. And even like fast forward to that date, she's not too impressed, you know what I mean, but you still.
Speaker 5: Like you all about it.
Speaker 9: They like each other. I think they're both just born.
Speaker 1: It's also one no one's going to the boom Boom room, which is fine if you want to take your time, but I'm just saying wells.
Speaker 3: Last week saying that they're all aware of their brand and that it's not good for them to be going. Also, I kin don't think Navy was quite cute for a girl, but the idea of naming Heaven because your name was Avian and I was like, I was like, the amount of jokes that you could make about like hooking up with a girl named Heaven.
Speaker 1: Dude, yeah, Heaven and Navy. I will say, yeah, I feel like I understand not everybody need like, but for let's say thirty hot, young, really fit, sexy people to not have.
Speaker 2: Two of them want to go to the boom boom room at.
Speaker 1: Some point in time is shocking.
Speaker 4: I have something absolutely, especially since we're talking about like Blake Moins.
Speaker 3: Is on the Adeea not in the so all right, so this is the only other thing I will add in, And it is more to my friends that have like kids that are in their like nineteen twenty ish age range, Yeah they are not. I'm shocked because I feel like that's when we were like the horniest and getting like hitting down and making out as much as Yeah, but a lot of my friends who have kids that age, they're not. They're just like not interested. They're playing games, and I'm like, maybe this is what they do now.
Speaker 1: Well it's I was. Yes.
Speaker 8: Jes read in New York Art New York Times article about how people just aren't having as much that.
Speaker 1: He's interesting because when you also look at the way everybody's presented on it's a very sexualized look. But then but so it looks everyone looks super sexy. But it's interesting. What is it? It's interesting? Is it poor? I don't know.
Speaker 8: Is it that like they grew up having poorn like just so much they could just jack off anything.
Speaker 1: I know, it might be like weird, like jack off and like the level of I wonder if it's like to not know how to interact in real life.
Speaker 3: It's just yeah and maybe cold, but it's just yes, I just agree. But I'm just like my friend's son who's twenty, who's so freaking hot, and we've had the discussion like not she's like I don't understand, like I can't figure it out, and none of his friends are and they're all like models part time, and so they're like in the world, and I'm just like, it's so strange to me that this seems to be so it sort of fits on this beach worried about when people think about them. They're not running off to the boom boom room. They're not even like like macking as hard as I feel like.
Speaker 1: I know, it doesn't sound like. It doesn't seem like they're like God, I wish I could, but I don't want to protect my land because it doesn't like the song, there's no even desire for it.
Speaker 8: We thought like we thought like taper down, yeah, because we would see them like I remember, like Nick when Nick File was on there. I remember they would have open discussions, Oh, who's getting the boom boom rooms? Remember that, and then it just kind of started to get left.
Speaker 1: Who was the one that did like the full toest suck food horny? It was Riley Riley, right, wasn't it wasn't Marie and Kenny doing stuff.
Speaker 8: I'm sure I remember they used the band, but they were also a bit Yeah, so that kind of plays it.
Speaker 3: And your bananas are like we used to bars all the time, just showing boners. I don't feelly we get those.
Speaker 1: Anymore, doctor banana. What do you think about the like what do you you were nodding your head.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 7: I just feel like that's sort of like gen Ziera's. They're like less insecure. They're just cooler than us. They don't like think about certain things as much. I just think like they're smarter than us. They like have better critical thinking than us. Just if you go on TikTok and you like really see them like analyzing news, you're like, oh god.
Speaker 4: They're so smart, Like how did they figure that out?
Speaker 7: Or we are all our like you know, I don't know why, but millennials gen X, like we're a bunch of dummies that are like so obsessed with ourselves, and like they are just more sort of like I think they're they're more empathetic, they like have a better understanding.
Speaker 1: Of the world.
Speaker 7: Sure, but they're like horny isn't everything. I can be horny, but I don't need to go fuck that guy because I have more worth than that. And when I'm ready, I will do it. But now I don't really feel the need to. And that's okay, And that's what they're like. They're like, that's okay to feel well.
Speaker 3: I agree, but once you're in a hot makeout sash like, I mean, that's you don't want to like escalate that that you can walk away from that.
Speaker 4: And I just don't see it from this group of people. I don't feel like that level event Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're talking about wants to like dry hop, I'm not even I don't see anybody's like I wish I could like having like a hot fun Some of my favorite hookups were just like a makeout like a wall, like a even like a wall kiss, like it doesn't have to be the boom boom room, but like like it's just even like it's fun to make out.
Speaker 3: When and looking up that was hot and I could see them going to the book like back in the first episode.
Speaker 4: I'd say, if even wasn't such like a shy boy, then Kylie would be all about it.
Speaker 5: We'd be seeing a lot more of it.
Speaker 4: Interesting, you know what I mean, Like they're the only couple on this, on this that I can I can see that. For the other thing is I think John Henry is just like, hey, if there's somebody that comes to the beach, that's about it.
Speaker 5: I'm about it, like we're just I.
Speaker 4: Think we're moments away from John Henry fucking in public, if I'm honest, Like he's got that energy to him. I just it feels like it reminds me of like uh, an old Kyle Kinane joke where it's like that's why dogs are always humping in front of you, like stuff in front of you there making eye contact.
Speaker 5: They're like, what this feels good near my buddy? What's the problem?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 4: It's it's like he wouldn't he wouldn't shy away from that. That's what I get from him.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think the gen Z discussion is an interesting one, but it feels like they're like still a little bit removed. There's still of that that tier that's between the millennials and and the gen z and there they are technically gen Z, but I don't see that level of empathy. I don't see that level of critical thinking.
Speaker 2: People are so smart that they're like actually reading the news.
Speaker 4: Well, they're all all of them are sort of following a path that they're not forging. It feels like they're not out here making their own way. None of them are rustling any feathers. Even the discussions that that they have where they're like, hey, you should really talk to the person you've been seeing if you're gonna go on a date with somebody who asks you on the date. When they come to the beach, like even that after week one, they all kind of were like, Oh, that's bad, that's bad, that it's bad. Okay, we're adapting. They're not going their own route about it.
Speaker 8: I feel like they're not really doing like they're they're like, well says, they're doing what they think looks good on social media, yea, thank you. Like what they're they're branding themselves, and they're like and also, I mean I think a lot of it is like their moms are one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I get it. I get that. Like, like I think I think there's no putting the genie back in the bottle. I think early days we had the naive tape people to really fucket and now like it is now, there is more.
Speaker 9: Your parents are following you on Instagram.
Speaker 1: There's more to lose as well. I think where you could quit, you you can at your job now and become like you have longevity out of here.
Speaker 2: Besides just like getting a fun vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're gonna take a quick break and we're going to come back and we're going to talk a little bit more about Tyler and Mercedes. I need a sexual time out and we're back. So Tyler and Mercedes. So that somebody said, everybody knows that you're not that into Mercedes about Tyler and uh and playing it safe and so even is like saying to Mercedes, you need to push him more, like if he's interest interesting, if he knows what's stuff, you have to say, like you got to push him to say what's up. And she's like, it just feels like it's like a friendship, but maybe he's not my person.
Speaker 3: We get about this earlier on in episodes or this is just like we.
Speaker 1: Just well he did make out with He did make out with Jess last week. That's right, that's right, and I think everybody knows it except for Mercedes.
Speaker 8: But but then, but then they also had that thing at the Row ceremony where they're like, we're all in, there are no secrets, we are for each other, and it's like, yeah, it's just they've been this like up and down roller coaster where you're just like, what is happening there? Yeah, they're not right for each other. Whatever it is, they should not end up together because clearly like there's a disconnect somewhere and they're not correct for each other at all.
Speaker 4: It's a tether to keep each other on the beach. Yes, quite literally, they haven't found They're like, it's it's the classic paradise move of like we haven't found somebody else that we were quite hitting it off with that that is an earnest connection. But now if we do stick together and it doesn't appear like we are making an effort, then we'll come under some scrutiny, like right now with John Henry, not John Henry with Tyler. But what I'm saying is like who put that in the truth box? Like this feels like a production move. I'm sorry, I don't buy this truth box thing. Oh Peter shaves his legs ha ha, who gives a shit? And here's a here's a legit bomb for a couple that's yeah, putting up faces and whatever.
Speaker 5: So you know he.
Speaker 3: Passes into it though, right, don't you feel like Mercedes?
Speaker 1: I think Mercedes likes him a little bit.
Speaker 3: So I think she does. I think she's excited about what's happening, and then she's being because she seemed very blindsided by that comment before and then it happens again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would I wouldn't want to hear that. I would not want to hear that.
Speaker 5: I also think, yes, where's where's this Avan?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Avan is telling is telling Mercedes like, yeah, you gotta give him like put the screws to him, you know, you like really, uh, make sure that he's serious.
Speaker 5: I'm like, where's that energy from even anywhere else?
Speaker 1: I don't really, I know. I'm like Avon was so cute on Rachel's season and I and like, sometimes I just feel like when people like actually do like each other, they get like sunstroke from like lying around and kissing on the day bed.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like they're dehydrated, hungover sunstroke because he was so chry, him very charming on Rachel's sees it. And I'm like, maybe maybe Kylie's boring.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but she's also very boring.
Speaker 1: I think the two of them together, I think they're both really attractive and very boring, I think.
Speaker 4: And Kylie's a bit of a mean girl from what I've.
Speaker 1: Gotten, I know she is. I think he's a nice guy and she's a bit of a mean girl. Well, here we are. Kat is leading a yoga class on the beach, which was incredible. Turns out she's a yoga teacher. Didn't know or something like that. I did enjoy watching the guys that this was the first time we got the black bars in a while, too, very exciting.
Speaker 4: We got him in the Tantric yoga as well earlier, and I wanted to mention them. Yeah we got them on butt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's a lot of thongs right now. And so, and I'm surprised that Pete and Sam's like, I'm actually surprised that Canadian Sam came in and see, did you remember Sam from Bachelor in Paradise Canada?
Speaker 2: Did you watch that Mike.
Speaker 4: I did not, so with what franches that span so many, like different kind of series, like like in different places. I like to focus in on the ones that I uh that I'm either weird way to put it loyal to or like just like you know, so I've started an American and and if I opened myself up to the Canadian one one, then that's all other franchise. It's kind of like I've had to cut out Married at First Sight America to be able to watch UK and Australia.
Speaker 2: Well, because there are also five hundred episodes.
Speaker 1: So there we go. It's so good, So there's a double it's so good. So there's a double date and we have Pete and Sam and Avan and Kylie and Avan is like I'm a really bad dancer and Kylie's going crazy.
Speaker 6: And Pete little boring pilot p kind of went for it and they got their little banana hammocks and then they had to do an ab blind basos ab kissing and with a fantastic show. And I have to say, Pete woke me up and surprised me. Mike, would you go for it if you had to be in.
Speaker 4: This contest one hundred?
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 4: I think that there's something to be said for Pete kind of letting loose and having fun and that being very attractive, yes, versus Avan, who's like too scared to be bad at something. Yes, while it is like an important thing to Kylie dances professionally, that's like literally what she does. So a man who's not going to even try to dance or like not be comfortable enough to let loosen that way, why, that's a huge strike against Avian and the Kylie Avan thing. And that's why personally, I think if he doesn't kind of unlock that in himself, it's not going to work out. And I don't see them being a long term thing if we don't see that from Avan.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you agree with Mike?
Speaker 3: I think that's very astute thinking. And I also just was surprised at how bad he was at dancing, and I feel like we've yeah before, and I'm like, this is like just oddly very bad. And then I did like it when he said his friends at home we're gonna beat him up, and I just thought it's funny where I was like, yeah, I know, what kind of dude, bad friends be?
Speaker 1: You off too? I'm like, yeah, I was like, I would be you up for being a bad dancer if you were my friend anywhere to try, you know what I mean, I wouldn't beat anybody up. You're like, I run it. I mean, I mean for just not trying. You could be as bad as you want. You got to try.
Speaker 4: And then I was if you don't try, you get uninvited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a for effort, I don't care how the actual moves are. Give it a go.
Speaker 3: You're right that if he's dating a dancer, you've got to at least be able to dance. But I'm surprised in how much like Pilot, Pete and Sam seemed to be getting along. But they just sort of like fell into each other and it seems to be.
Speaker 1: Just kind of cute. I like that this is wild cards even it says to kind of.
Speaker 5: Don't trust him though, But.
Speaker 3: I know I don't need that.
Speaker 4: I don't need I'm sorry the FP thing and then I know him that came up. I don't I get being a goofball, like I I bet that if I was there, i'd kind of be aware of the camera and whatever. But I'm also like, I'm a comedian, obviously, this is what I'm like here for. But like, at the very same time, the whole if an entire group of guys just kind of decides that there's nothing all of them to bond. These guys are bonding over like the tiniest thing. If you couldn't get on that level, I don't trust you, not for one second.
Speaker 1: Agree to agree. So even says to Kylie, I'm fully invested. I'm falling for you. She's like, it feels good to be seen. I want this to work. I'm falling for you too. I mean, that's the thing I feel really seen. There's a really intentionality about this. Just be really intentional.
Speaker 9: I just.
Speaker 1: I just want people to let loose a little bit, just be authentic.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying too, because they all seem to be drunk, which again I'm very happy with, but they all still have their wits about them with their intentionality drunk that they're just like, what, like.
Speaker 1: Lit out, give me something?
Speaker 4: Where are the demis throwing stuff into fire?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cat has sort of been our most like you know, placing the cat. She's been the one that's like the birth Zilla, et cetera. Meanwhile, just try attempts to play frisbee. Now, let me just say, I bet I would be. I also would bet I would be equally as bad as just at frisbee. I'm the worst dark player you've ever seen in your life. I'm a really I can catch anything, and many shows that I've filmed, I've had to like toss things to people. I have the worst arm you've ever seen in your life. So I really felt and I get to the point where camera man can't there's no rhyme or reason. It doesn't go even remotely in the same direction of bad. I have a really bad arm. So to see somebody, to see it in real life what I probably would look like playing frisbee, I was like, oof, wow, Katie, I bet you're good at frisbee. Yeah. No, it's a frisbee.
Speaker 9: I mean like, yeah, it's like you just you toss it and then you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 9: I was like, did she never go outside.
Speaker 1: As a child like this whole? I mean, some people just don't have the hand eye coordination. I can catch, I can catch, I can't toss. So then she goes huh. So then there's like we find out that her nickname is baby Jess, which which Wells mentioned last week. I don't know, and it makes sense, it does. But I'm like, baby, you're not a baby. You're twenty four. When I was on twenty four. When I was on twenty four, I've never been on twenty four twenty four, I was like an adult woman, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like I have to defend her in this way because I'm look, I'm thirty two. But I when I'm on stage, I'm like, I'm a little baby.
Speaker 5: Like that's my whole deal.
Speaker 4: I'm a little I'm a freaking little I'm a little guy, you know what I'm talking about. So it makes sense that like there's a but I think like that bait like that quote unquote baby energy versus the baby energy that Jess gives just gives an energy of like she still very much needs to be sheltered and protected. She looks like she's at the drop of a dot like a hat, so like be terrified of something. It feels like her glitter isn't so much like hey, I like this as like it's a security blanket at this point, like if.
Speaker 5: I you know, and it's become what she's known for.
Speaker 4: So that's like an unhealthy attachment to like the glitter thing, like, oh, you know, anyway, I just I see a lot of development necessary for just and so it worries me that she's also with Blake, who's like the oldest guy on the beach, right he's.
Speaker 5: Which just doesn't sit.
Speaker 4: Right with me.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so here we go, we round the bend to the grand sort of tense finale. They launched Katie Thurston down to the beach who he was engaged to and he hasn't seen terms of she's also bachal at slash stand up comedian that was brutal?
Speaker 3: Have you they have it in the video. I feel like you sent it to me, right, that stand up video of hers.
Speaker 1: I think, Doug Benson said Doug, Doug.
Speaker 7: I mean yes, I think it's emphasis on the thirst Kadie.
Speaker 3: This use of the word stand up comedian with her is such an unfair like there should be a word for somebody who's trying to do but can't do it. And then I know it's brutal graduated too, it's brutal.
Speaker 4: I will I will say so. Mike podcast co host Chris Mahia has performed with her in Seattle and he has mentioned that what she's been doing is quite literally she is like an open micro at this point. But she has this fame, she has the drive of the open micro where she'll go to shows and sit there and watch and she'll be writing, and so it's kind of like interesting. On one hand, I'm like, this is the hustle, this is what we like, you know, as someone who's almost at it for like thirteen years, you're like, oh my god, what happened to me? I used to be that person?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: And but she's like starting off with such like you know, a million something followers. You know, it's it's been on TV so much already. She can ask for something and get it, you know what I mean. But she's not got the like the chops to go with it yet. And I think that if she does continue to push in that direction she does want to, like, that'll be great because she's already kind of using her status to bring up comics that she does enjoy and like in that scene, which I quite appreciate, Okay, but her coming on and being like, Hey, I'm Katie and I'm here. Guess what's gonna happen since I'm here?
Speaker 5: We all know me. I'm Katie. You know me as a bachelortt and comedians.
Speaker 1: Stand ups, stand up comedian. Well, aside from being a brilliant stand up comedian, Katie is also a former bachelor. I don't know if anybody remembers that. It's never mentioned. So she pulls Blake aside. He looked rocked that she was there.
Speaker 2: He looks freaked.
Speaker 1: The fuck out, and she's like, wow, I sent you a bunch of voice memos, like he has not. I think he really loved her, and she dumped him and then like they never talked to each other again or sorry each other. She sent him a bunch of she sent him a bunch of voice memos. She's like, I did listen to them. In fact, I remember each one of them. But he's tripping out. I remember all everything that you were saying, but I was bitter and I didn't want to respond, and you were in a relationship, and that just felt like daggers because she started dating again that she cut on the first night, and she he said what we went through was real to me, and she's like, me too, there's a lot of good that I remember. Yeah, I mean So then Blake starts crying, and he goes, I can't think about us in the moment and how real it felt. It throws me off. I don't think about it. All the memories were meal and then she's like, I also felt it too.
Speaker 2: I felt bad for him.
Speaker 5: I did care. That was rough.
Speaker 3: I think it was rough too, because you sent her down with the possibility that like we didn't know what she was doing there, but like, yeah, when.
Speaker 2: It felt like she could a bit on the market.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I think that that was really awful to do to him because he really dumped by this girl and then she yet into another relationship and.
Speaker 1: He's and he's been pretty nice this whole time, Like he's been pretty He's been a good guy all summer.
Speaker 3: He's the one that Rachel first sat down with in this and he was like, you got to figure out what Tanner wants, like if you're the safety rose or if he's really into you, like have a conversation. He's been like a really pleasant person.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he looks like he's a comedian. And he was on Zoe, the Zoe Deschanel Show. You know, but I don't know girl, Yeah, new girl.
Speaker 5: Jake Johnson like one of the leads.
Speaker 3: You mean, yeah, the Adam guys and his name Adam.
Speaker 4: Adam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Adam Adam Adam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Who I think that he looks like he's he's getting cuter and cuter.
Speaker 8: To me, I'm really I find myself very true Blake, and he also like he's smart and he talks like you notice all the women come to him. Yeahs they want to like talk because he's like a mature Yeah, he's he's like the.
Speaker 1: Grocery store Joe.
Speaker 5: Thirty.
Speaker 4: He is my age and they come to him like Grandpa. I needed rice because.
Speaker 3: He's got the hoddest body. Those eyes are gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's getting more and more handsome. Well, he's in a loop right now. Jess is freaking out. She forgot that he was engaged, and she's like, well he was engaged to the bachelorette. I already feel like an idiot here. So then Blake pulls her aside and and she's like, nothing went the way that I thought it would. And Jess is like, this makes me want to go home. She's like, and then Katie was saying, the producer asked, do you still have feelings for him? And she's like it's always been Blake, and Jess is like super upset. She's like, I have an engagement dress packed. It's hard that I'm not hopelessly in love right now. I just want to be in love and happy, and so would they ask if Katie has still loves him. She gets tears and she goes, oh fuck. Blake starts tripping out his ex fiance is there and adds confusion. Onto the confusion, Kylie goes, it's giving massy. So then they go, hey, we're going to do a roast.
Speaker 3: You're not actually for love. I'm here did to give.
Speaker 1: You, and we're not here to do what we're gonna do. We're gonna turn the rose ceremony honest feet and we're going to the roast Palopah.
Speaker 3: And they were already so drunk. They were comments earlier about how tired they were, and then yeah, and.
Speaker 4: To this, Oh, hey, guys, I know what it'll shake things up? How about some creative writing.
Speaker 1: And also being mean to each other, just being fucking mean. So then she does she goes, she goes, well, hey, baby, Jess, it's funny that Blake also probably he made me call him daddy too.
Speaker 2: I mean just like all of that.
Speaker 3: I mean, Katie's jokes so sorry. So I just like how they all went off and we're all excited about doing these things and that's yeah. Cut to like Rachel and she's like all pissed, being like we all know that this is just an excuse for someone to be mean, and then she's like drinking more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Avan, I will say Evan's Rachel impression was excellent. It was so it was a most personality I've ever seen from him, and it was actually really accurate.
Speaker 3: Kissed her perfect.
Speaker 8: And some of them were really funny and not that mean. You know that it did get mean, but some of them were like legitimately fine.
Speaker 1: I know, I was surprised, and I actually felt like Evans was not mean and was actually just really like I was really good.
Speaker 3: Not just shows. But I will say, just as somebody who watches Power Through like every season in the last few months, but the the RuPaul's drag Race, but whenever they do stimps, oh yeah, I mean, it's such a basic thing, but they're like, don't just be mean. There has to be like something empressing to it. And I feel like this was just like and if you got Katie is the one teaching it. There's like no real teacher, so it was like just be mean, and I'm like, it just made me sad that like somebody couldn't have like really helped them because some of the stuff was awful.
Speaker 4: That was set.
Speaker 1: I was the judge on the stand up RuPaul on the stand up episode one year.
Speaker 3: You haven't did that year yet?
Speaker 1: Season three honey, oh I started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got to go back?
Speaker 1: Made a mistake a Season three was great, so so then they made a lot of botox jokes about kat Olivia said how do I taste?
Speaker 3: Which just felt.
Speaker 1: They were Tanner was so mean to Rachel after this was I felt for her here, I don't care, I don't care, like who look, she can't get out of her own way. But she picked Tanner. At least he was bland but seemed perfectly pleasant. He says, well, Tyler's here. We were hoping for Gabby, but we got Rachel.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have another Bachelorette on this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry I watched it so long. Yeah that's okay.
Speaker 3: I rewatched it this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We were yeah, we were told there was to be another bachelorette here and we were hoping for Gabby, but we got Rachel. That's so fucking mean to say after you're the one who's now saying I want to leave here with you.
Speaker 8: Likee knowing her insecurities about that as well.
Speaker 1: Absolutely really so mean. It was was so fucking he's a bad guy that does everything.
Speaker 9: She better not Wait, who has the roses?
Speaker 1: Who's going to women?
Speaker 4: I mean, Tanner's going home, there's 't a person interested in him.
Speaker 5: And then Rachel's just.
Speaker 4: Like, oh he literally I shared I shared that with him and he used it against me, you know, a very way.
Speaker 5: I feel humiliated.
Speaker 1: But Dan, I mean obviously, but like how does like how does how does like if you're Jordan and she picks you, like, how do you get over? Like what just happened? By the day bed? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like if you're not like I don't understand, like all these people I feel like are pulled in different areas.
Speaker 1: But even if you watch it back, like if you were together like a man, I mean.
Speaker 4: Look, it is it is a show that like they they forget that they're supposed to be open to other people. Like it's a show that like the moment that there's people being like, we've liked, oh are we together? We're together, We're together, We're together. I've Laine claim to you. Okay, now everything is a betrayal. A conversation can ruin my day because you're having a conversation with another guy. Like it's just they're they're forgetting the aspect of like, hey, we're actively dating many people. Like that's the point. It's kind of like we're all the Bachelor, we're all the Bachelorette, you know what I mean. So they it's like they're forgetting that. So if Jordan has his wits about him and it's just like normal, yeah, then I think it'll just be fine for Jordan. I just think what this did is it's cemented that Tanner's going home and that Jordan's getting Rachel's rose, and hopefully she can go to another therapy session and the Gabby stuff won't hurt her so much.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right.
Speaker 9: I hope she chooses Jordan.
Speaker 8: I mean, especially after this, Like I mean, as we saw like all the women woke up and we're like, well.
Speaker 1: Fuck all the men. The women were passed.
Speaker 5: The women were.
Speaker 1: Blow up.
Speaker 3: Mercedes still a bard than you've got.
Speaker 1: Yes, people were hurt. Rachel was upset. So then Blake is like, this is not good. He so he pulls Jess and we see a preview of next week and he said, I should have felt love, but we're not getting there. We're not getting there at all. Seeing my ex reminded me of what felt like and we are not getting there at all. Yeah, and then watching Well's Tork by the Bar and everybody does doing the motorbike. That was pretty fun.
Speaker 3: That was great. It was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like in years past, I don't remember everything exploding on like the last two episodes, but it does feel like every relationship is imploding on the line.
Speaker 1: I think we have more episodes. I don't think it's going to end the night that Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 2: That is not the finale.
Speaker 1: Well says it keeps now.
Speaker 3: Well said he was halfway through while they shot this, So we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be going to the holidays, I really think.
Speaker 8: So, I actually think we are. I tried to it up and I couldn't find it.
Speaker 4: It's season.
Speaker 1: There's usually like ten December seventh, seventh is okay, all right, They're not doing this is Thanksgiving. There's two more, but there might but there might be like a double episode.
Speaker 3: When does the Golden Bacheloren does.
Speaker 1: That on the on the nine, So.
Speaker 3: It'll be a one hour Bachelor in Paradise on the same night of the one hour finale of Golden and then a two hour one the on the seventh. It'll be a two hour because remember we got a wedding coming and remember Well said it's no you would expect I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe it's Canadian, maybe it's Canadian Sam and Pilot Pean, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who would expect either married?
Speaker 3: Based on Seth meeting him the other day?
Speaker 1: Right, who met him?
Speaker 3: Your friend?
Speaker 1: That yeah? Sure, oh yeah, you're right, Yeah, that's right. Seth met him, that's right, and all the ladies were like.
Speaker 3: They're all over him.
Speaker 9: So then right, yeah, but that doesn't mean he doesn't mean he's relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's they probably have nda stuff happening and they're just like, you know, but I mean, I'm going through all this. By the way, just looking at Wikipedia for the episodes and stuff, I'm reminded of somebody that we haven't mentioned, and it's very fitting. Taylor showed up with Jordan's and his Chiron read Charity's background extra and I'm like, we're back, baby, where it's at? Iron is whoever wrote that caption should have helped with the roast jokes.
Speaker 1: Well, I just want to say, first of all, it's been such a pleasure having you guys on. Who do you think they're gonna Who do you think is going to get engaged?
Speaker 5: Oh? God? Uh, none of them? But I don't believe in any of these.
Speaker 1: I think one of them will propose, at least just for the politay.
Speaker 4: Aaron and Eliza seem to be on track to propose, but then Eliza's going to drop him like a hot.
Speaker 1: Ham Even and Kylie, No.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're doing it any right.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I think Aeron and Eliza I think you're right. But he said who you wouldn't expect?
Speaker 3: I think and Jess are going to get together.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun, honestly, wild Well, we got some new reviews, and I'm asking for reviews for my birthday. Here's a five star one from Kimberly Q. Kim, Happy birthday, look sweet to the point, love your enthusiasm and analysis. Can't wait for your coverage of Golden Bachelorette hopefully. I agree.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to do it.
Speaker 1: Also, you guys, don't forget to tweet at us. I know it's I bet you're it's overwhelming because there's so many shows. Don't worry about like it being too late because we were recording them after the fact. So just tweet to us because you never know. Oh, this week, we only have Chyenne Constant and the Running you guys, and we only have three tweets, so we need your tweets. Tweet to us at Arta marine m y r I n or at anahosey h O s s n I e h hashtag w y A t R. Here's our three tweets. All three are Girl Trixy, Firecracker, Shyanne Constant. So was this a stop on the way to f Boy Island? Why is she here? That's one of the number two. Kylie and Evan wanted to name their daughters Navy in Heaven is not shocking. She would also probably spell Navy any ig h ve pretty sure the middle name options are skims or discount Cold Kylie ten and then the final one, I am liking Michael Olivia's vibe, so far Wait, why did we leave their date to go back to Kat? No? Sick of Paradise Karen, She's had four weeks of terrorizing our screens. Go away.
Speaker 2: I do like paradise, Karen of cat.
Speaker 1: All right, which one is your winner? We have Boy Island, Navy discount code or Paradise Karen. You get to pick this week the winner of my Carrozza.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Navy discount code for the wind for sure.
Speaker 1: You cannot go right. I almost feel like Navy should be the discount code for scams. There we go, Shai Costain, you are here for the win. Don't forget. We have our live show coming up in Los Angeles. This is it. This is This is the live show we're doing. It's at the Allegian Theater and it's on It's a small show, so get your tickets now because it's gonna sell out. As Me and Brian Saffee and it's Chris Fleming and meat Ball and then we have up on a sketch Fest on January twentieth, meet Doctor Banana and Kat Money. We have Aaron Foley and Lori. We have Doug Benson and also we have Braiden so get your tickets for all of that, and also Doctor Banana and I are busy doing Winter House. We're busy doing Summer Charm. It's all happening, uh, Whitney, Yeah, what would you like to promote?
Speaker 3: I'm going to promote my brother's podcast, No, not podcasts, a documentary.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody emailed us about this, so they'll you could tell them where to go find it.
Speaker 3: So it's called Last Stop Larima and so good. You're watching it anywhere outside of the US and Canada, It's on Netflix, and if you are in the US and Canada, it is on HBO Max Last.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mike Carratta, what would you like to promote?
Speaker 4: Anything you want to check out by me should be on my link tree, So link tree slash Mike Caroza, m I K E c A R R O z z A. I've got dates in Montreal mostly Dave Ross is coming to town on December fifth, so get tickets to that. I'll be opening for him, and John Roy is also in town. But I'm taking it easy for the rest of the year, So just keep an eye on my Instagram and I will be posting about stuff in the coming months because some stuff is coming up I can't talk about just yet.
Speaker 1: KT Money, what would you like to talk about?
Speaker 8: I am Katie Underscore Money on Instagram. As always, please adopter foster and animal from your local shelter. LA is especially full right now. They are desperately in need of Big Dog Foster's especially and also next Tuesday is Giving Tuesday, So think of a charity that you like and give.
Speaker 1: That's nice. That's nice. Doctor Banana, what would you like to promote?
Speaker 7: I'm at Anna hosting on Twitter, at selling hosts on Instagram. I have a podcast Ethnically Ambiguous if you.
Speaker 4: Want to listen.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you around?
Speaker 1: All right? Love it, Whitney, Mike. We love you, guys. I'm so glad to have this combination of people. We love when you're on and we'll be back, not this, it will be back. Well, whenever that comes back, we'll be back and we'll be back. So that'll be fun, all right until next time. Uh, you know, it'll be a little delayed because I'm flying back with the cats with doctor shamwam Shamaha and the girls Mittens and Meow. So I think the night of the finale, so there probably will be a delay for our finale recaps, so don't don't be upset. It's coming. It's literally because I will be arriving with two cats and doctor shamwam shamawa. Okay, until next time.
Speaker 2: My name is arm Marine thinks about it.
Speaker 10: Ye oh yeah, We're gonna get all up in you tonight.
Speaker 5: It feels so good. I just got one little questions.
Speaker 10: Here where you reap this rule? This rules to your work, the rules your word?
Speaker 1: Will you accept this? Rosa a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.