Speaker 1: I am all Inlets.
Speaker 2: You, I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I Am all in podcast one eleven productions I Heart Radio. We are going to speak with the one, the Only Ariel Kebble, who played the role of Lindsay Lister for nine episodes from two thousand and three to two thousand and four. She is a stars Hollow teen, a local teen who attends stars Hollow High with Lane and Dean, and attended primary school with Rory as well. She starts dating Dean Forrester after his relationship with Rory ends, and they marry in two thousand and three, but divorce a year later after Lindsay discovers that Dean cheated on her with Rory. And we have a little hat, a little bit to say about that, didn't we. The first time we see Ariel is Lindsay is in season three, episode fifteen, Face Off. The last time we see is season five, episode two, A Messenger nothing More. She has starred in a number of films and buck fastin your Seat Belts. She's got quite the resume. She's been in prestigious film festivals such as Brooklyn Brothers, Beat The Best, I Melt With You, starring Rob Low and Jeremy Piven supporting characters, which premiered in twenty twelve Tribeca Film Festival. She played Gia Matteo in a final installment of Fifty Shades of Gray saga, Fifty Shades Freed, which premiered February twenty eighteen, breaking box office records. Her other film credits include John Tucker Must Die, The Uninvited, The Grudge, To Think Like a Man, An Aquamarine. Most recently, Ariel can be seen playing Lucy Otto and Fox's Nine to one one, and Kimberly in Netflix's After We Fell and After Ever Happy. In twenty twenty, she played the lead role of Amelia in the NBC series Lincoln Rhyme Hunt for the Bone Collector. On the small screen, she started opposite Dwayne Johnson and the HBO hit series Ballers. She also caught the attention of critics and audiences alike with her scene stealing turn as the villainous Brittany in lifetimes critically acclaimed series Unreal, a performance which Entertainment Weekly cited is one of the best of twenty and fifteen. Ariel is perhaps most familiar to television audiences from her role in the CW's The Vampire Diaries, which she played Lexi Branson. Additional television credits include My God, This Girl Works a Lot, Uh, recurring roles on Gilmore Girl's Life, Unexpected, Grounded for Life, The League, The Grinder, CW's nine O two one zero, as well as guest starring roles on True Blood, Hawaii five zero, Law and Order SVU. Let me take a breath, Let us welcome. Ariel Kebble. Hey, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 3: Long time no talk?
Speaker 1: You haven't aged? What's going on? What's happening? Where are you? Where do you live?
Speaker 3: I live in New York.
Speaker 1: You're in New York and you have an aged This is not possible.
Speaker 3: Well that's very kind of view.
Speaker 1: I just I just got back from New York. I was in New York for three days. A city is has come to life.
Speaker 3: Again, it has it has. What were you doing in New York?
Speaker 1: We were doing the sort of a scale down upfront for I'm on a new show that the CW picked up, and they're going to add to their fall schedule, so they brought brought us there to meet you know you know to hobnob and do well relations.
Speaker 3: I love New York. I'm a little I call it fake up state. I'm about fifteen minutes outside the city on lands.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well good, that's a good place to be. That's beautiful country up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of farms, a lot of it's just great suburbs and trees and lakes and forests. It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: It is. I grew up riding horses, and I am very passionate about horse rescue. I work with an organization called Skydog Sanctuary. They're out west in Malibu and Oregan. They help rescue wild horses from slaughter and roundups. And a lot of people don't know our tax dollars go to these roundups every single year, and it's unfortunately very political. We can we won't. Well, I know we're here to talk about Gilmore girls.
Speaker 1: No, no, you talk about anything you want, talking about anything you want.
Speaker 3: But it's it's a it's a huge passion of mine, and it's you know, we America used to have two million wild horses and now we have like under fifty thousand. There's over sixty thousand in holding, and it's just a really horrible situation that we need to fix. And so part of me being out here is being on land and working with horses. And I rescued my first must saying through Skydog recently, and so it's been a huge, huge life change, but something I just I feel I need to be doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Great, and it's called Skydog. Is there a website Skydog dot Commerce.
Speaker 3: There is Skydog Sanctuary, very huge on Instagram and Facebook. You also have a website and Claire Staples is the founder and she is the real deal. She is horsewoman through and through.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Well, congratulations, I hope it's going well. People can go there and donate if they want. I guess, oh you'll donate. Donations are always accepted and appreciated. But let's let's talk about Gilmore. Let's get into it a little bit. Lindsey, you are much discussed over here, let me tell you. And then here you are here on the hot seat. I think one one, I think we're more on the hot seat than you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I have to say when I heard you guys you all asked me on. I was thrilled because I know you've had so many amazing guests come on, and I feel like, you know, it's just time Lindsay gets her day in court, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Lindsay Lindsay. You know, here's the thing I think about Lindsay was how they structured her story, forced me to root for Dean and Rory, and then after the fact, after the damage was done to the marriage, to everybody's lives, then they start to develop your character and then people then we start to like you and then empathize with you. And I just thought that was I don't know, it was a little tricky for me.
Speaker 3: You know, it was tricky. It was tricky, and I think you know, I was so young. That was my first job. I moved from Florida to Los Angeles for that job, right, I was seventeen years old. My first day on set, my mom was still with me, you know. So and as the show went on, you know, I became an adult on set. But I was so young and I was so thrilled to be part of the show. I just I showed up every day just wanting to learn and do the best that I could and absorb everything that was happening around me. So it's funny it even for me, and like, of course, I didn't love what happened to Lindsay. But I think I also just understood the story in terms of, like, yeah, the two leads are the love interests, you know. You know, like so I never really took it personally that way, but I don't think it was until later, in this kind of resurgence and people finding the show again and looking back at clips that I'm like, my god, that was awful, Like yeah, the way that they pegged her. I mean, like the you know, like like I was just rewatching the scene to get to remind myself. I'm like, Okay, how bad was that dinner scene? And it's like he comes home from being with Rory and she's like, my mom made gummy bear brownies, you know, and I'm like, oh my god, like you yes, I had to this character. It was a very challenging. I had to be likable, but I was such a victim. But I was also like painted as like this goody two shoes who just like makes brownies with gummy bears and pot roast, and like, you know, it's like, how how can you like that? That's so annoying?
Speaker 1: Man. That was an unforgiving role.
Speaker 3: It was just so yeah, So I it was hard and then but in retrospect, I'm I it's like, man, I would like to see I would like to see Lindsay's redemption. You know, it really wasn't She wasn't get a full shot. I don't think she was given a full, like well full, well rounded character. And I understand that that's kind of for the story sake, but and I think I just got so used to people hating me that I was like, yeah, well that's my job.
Speaker 1: I'm really for character development. I don't care if it's a smaller role or it's a role that's not going to last. And they know that, but I just, you know, just I want to see the character developed. I want to get to know or I want to see them in a relationship. I want to see their struggles. Otherwise, how do we take the ride? And then we become very biased and it's just sort of manipulative. It feels manipulative. I don't know, I was somewhat We discussed the Rory Dean drama the Lindsay drama at length, we really did so. Anyway, so you're seventeen years old, you're coming from floor, you're acting in Florida, you're doing high school plays, I assume, and you're and everybody's saying how amazing you are? And how do you go from Florida to Hollywood with your mom? How does that? How does that happen?
Speaker 3: Well, I funny, I actually wasn't doing plays. My sister was doing plays. I was doing more commercials and music videos and anything I could, a lot of modeling, you know, anything I could to understand what the set experience was like. And then uh, and I was in very serious acting classes. I had taken myself out of public school and put myself in a private performing art school so I could graduate early. My parents taught me I had to reinvest any money and made from the business into my business. So like I was paying for I was helping pay for my school, I was paying for headshots. I was, you know, really working towards making this my career.
Speaker 1: You're really motivated at a young age, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was, And because in the back of my mind, I just thought, the sooner I go out there and try this, the sooner I'm going to know if it works or not, and I can get on with my life. So for me, I was never I was always a great student. I was never interested in college. But it wasn't because I didn't love school. It was because I was like, I just need to get out here and try this, and I don't want to waste time because if it doesn't work, I need to find a different career, you know. And then I had agents that would put me on tape for things, so it was Freaky. I tested for Freaky Friday. They flew me to LA I didn't get me. But then I came back for Mean Girls. I didn't get it. Then I came back for Mean Girls. I was close on that. Somewhere along the way my tape got passed around. I got representation, and then my agent sent me a VHS remember those ed and they said, hey, there's this show, the Gilmour Girls on the WB I missed that little dancing frog and they said right and uh and they said, hey, the only requirements are you have to talk fast and you have to be five eight or taller. And I was like, in my mind, I'm like great in the bag, I got this. And then so just timing wise, I said, hey, I want to finish my life in Florida and then move out for pilot season, which would coincide with this audition. So that's what we did. We packed up the car my mom and I packed our record player in records and and I went to l A and I had the audition the next day, and then a week later I was on set.
Speaker 1: Who is it? Who is it? The audition?
Speaker 3: It was Kenny Ortega, he was checking the episodes, and it was Amy and Dan, I think, the casting director and casting associate. And it was interesting. I bombed my first and I wanted to run out of the room, and he put his hand down almost like kind of stopped me at the door, and he said get back in here. He's like, take a breath, and he goes, put yourself in this girl's shoes. You can do this. I know you can. And he said, she feels awkward. It was the scene the audition scene was when I run into Rory at the ice skating at the ice hockey rink and I know that I'm with Dean, but I know that she doesn't know yet, and so I'm a little awkward and she doesn't know why. And I did a take two and it was like something came from above and it channeled through me and I knew when I walked out of that room. I felt so good and I felt so grateful to Kenny and to the entire team in the room that allowed this space to work, you know, to work through it that I said I'm gonna be okay, and truly in that moment, I'm in sure. Of course, I would have lowed to get the roll, but I didn't. I knew I was up against so much. I didn't really expect to get the roll. I just felt amazing that I knew I was in LA for a reason. I'm like, I can do this, you know, and then the cherry on top was getting it.
Speaker 1: Wow. All right, first down set, you meet Jared, right, Yeah, what was I like?
Speaker 3: Well, I had this thing when I was younger where I tried to like be cool all the time, or like hide my nerves with being cool. So we're in I meet him for the first time in hair makeup trailer and I'm just trying to act cool and I'm like, oh, hey, Dean, what's up? So I'll be working with you anyways, Dean, do you want to talk about the scene? And you know, he's very he's being very nice back to me, and finally he goes, my name's Jared, and I had been so nervous. I had been calling him by his character name. Hey, that's a your makeup trailer, and I was like, oh my god, I wanted to and hide. And then we get to set and the first scene up. It wasn't the first scene, it was the second scene, but it's definitely My first day of filming is the kissing scene. And it was my first on screen kiss. Ever.
Speaker 1: So your first thing you do in your first job is to kiss Jared Padleeki. Yeah, okay, that's what tell.
Speaker 3: After I've called him Dean, I like probably looked like such a fangirl. In reality, I hadn't really watched the show other than the clips, so I was just naive. But anyways, so then I'm thinking, okay, I got this be cool. He comes up to me as we're rehearsing. He's like, so, is this really your first on screen kiss? I either go white or red, I don't know. But I look over and I see my mom and she's like and she had freaking told Jared like, I don't know, to be nice, treat me nice. It was my first kiss or something. I don't know. All I know is I was like, so my cover was blown. I could no longer play it cool. Everybody knew. I was nervous as hell. It was my first day and my first miss and that's it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, So you did you know Lindsay would end up marrying? Did they tell you that?
Speaker 3: No? I thought that that came out of left field. I thought that was bizarre. I mean, again, this is my first show, so I didn't know how things worked. So I had a mixed reaction because on the one hand, I thought I'm very young to be getting married, and then on the other hand, I thought, well, I guess this means they like me and I'm in the show now, So right.
Speaker 1: Did you think that? Did you think that that meant, oh, here comes a six year deal. Here it comes, They're going to lock me in.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know about the six years, Okay, I think, but I did think that I was going to have I thought I thought I was going to people were going to root for me more. I thought like this was their way of bringing me kind of into the clan, versus creating drama for Rory. And I think that the thing was is I was so young and naive. I never had a conversation with the producers it was like to me, it was like, Oh, they're in their throne over there, leave them alone. So why had just asked anyone or had a conversation. I'm sure I would have been filled in, but I for some reason, I thought like, oh, don't talk to them unless they talk to you. So every script I got I was really I had no idea where my character was going.
Speaker 1: So you know, fans obviously are very much invested.
Speaker 3: Well, let me just tell you this that I swear to God this just happened. So our appoint in time was twelve three, at two fifty five. My dear friend who is a producer and she has two girls. We worked on a show and I got very close to her two girls. They're young, they are let me tell you they're nine and thirteen. She texts me this picture. I kid you not. I don't know if you can see. That's Lindsay and her mom in that like multicolored scarf, which is actually my scarf, and wardrobe liked it so much they have me wear it. She texts me this picture and she goes the girls and I are very protective of Lindsay, and I write back, Holy, I'm literally about to do a two Worlds podcast and then she goes, well, you can tell them how your nine year old and three year old buddies are binging and very invested.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, yes they are. They are. So did you get did fans approach you? Were you getting negative feedback from fans? Were you? Were you kind of like a bad girl?
Speaker 3: Well? I wasn't, honestly, Thank god Instagram didn't exist in I don't know if I would have been strong enough. I there, like after the first episode aired. I remember I called my mom every day. We talked every day, and so I was on the phone with my mom and I was going to Coffee Bean in my juicy couturs to jumpsuit as you did when you were an actress in La in two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: I think I remember that it was pink, right.
Speaker 3: I think I had a pink one.
Speaker 1: You had a tan one. I think a tan one and a light blue a baby I had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the blue was my favorite, But I.
Speaker 1: Do I do remember the pink buddy. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So I'm on the phone and these girls tap me on the shoulder in line at Coffee Bean and they say, excuse me, are you Aeriel Cable and I'm like, well, hang on, yeah, and they go, oh my god from Gilmore Girls and I go yeah, yeah, and I'm thinking, oh, this is my first we hate you. And my mom heard the whole thing, and I was like, well, welcome.
Speaker 1: Hollywood baptism by fire.
Speaker 3: But it's interesting because this resurgence now people are more on Lindsay's side. My entire first half of my career, everyone hated her hands down.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what the next reboot's going to be. Maybe it's I get my wedding and you get your comeuppance.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, I would love that. I'm all for that. I'm not gonna lie little. I was a little hurt. I wasn't in the other one.
Speaker 1: Oh that, Oh the reboots, the Netflix stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was hoping we'd get to see like Lindsay doing well in that. But so I still feel like her day is coming, you know what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have made complete sense given who they invited into that world, right, Yeah, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know. All right, let's talk about Dean and Roy getting together the way they did. When you read that, did your jaw drop?
Speaker 3: It did? Because I felt I felt cheated on by the show. But but I'll tell you why is because again I didn't get any warning. So but again, looking back on it, I also didn't communicate with the producers, so you know, it's a two way street. I was young, I was fresh. I would I think they knew I would just show up and do whatever was whatever was there like, so, so it was incredibly shocking for me. But I also was kind of used to being shocked because we had already had the wedding episode come in, you know, so like I was equally shocked reading that I was getting married because I think the way it read it was like we were only in a I was only in a few episodes in whom we were married. So it even it wasn't just a shock of having a being young and being married, It was that our relationship in and of itself was young, you know, like it felt like we we were still dating and then all of a sudden we were married. And again, so I didn't know how to feel about that, But again I wanted to just stay positive and go, well, I guess this means they like me. I guess I'm on the show more, you know. And then when the Rory Dean thing, happened. I was very shocked. I was surprised I didn't get a heads up, but again because I think I thought, well, does this mean I'm off the show? It was just very tumultuous, and in my own brain all of the time, I never felt safe, you know, like, but I didn't know what questions to ask to help get clarity. I think I just felt like I'm just kind of voiceless along on this journey because I don't know, a month ago, I was living in Florida, yeah, you know, well longer after the show went on. But so I again, it wasn't something I really talked about. I wish I had talked about my feelings a little more, even if it just helped me get clarity on this story they were trying to paint, and that it wasn't personal. And you know, because of course I thought like, well, am I not acting well enough? Is it me? If I had done something differently? Would they want me on the show more? Is this their way of just getting rid of me because I'm not working?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think a lot kind of.
Speaker 3: Very self deprecating with it.
Speaker 1: All right, Really, I don't think many people in that cast had a dialogue with the producers. I don't think there was really a lot of give and take or discussions. You know. I don't know that that went on very often. You know, maybe sometimes in rehearsal and the diner with Lauren or you know, we get into it a little bit and discuss things, but it wasn't to any great extent. So oh yeah, yeah, no, no, no, it was like an open forum where hey, I've got some ideas and I'd like to talk about them. It's like, no, it's not good. They're like, huh, just stand on your mark, shut up, say action, say the words, you get your paycheck.
Speaker 3: I guess it turns out I was just my intuition was just like.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now you know, we're getting a little further along the lines with this character starting to develop, you getting married. What was the reaction from fans out there in the world, and uh, when that happened.
Speaker 3: I think they still hated me, you know, I don't think that really. I mean, look, every now and again i'd have someone come up it would be like a mother daughter duo, and they'd be like, we love your character, we feel bad for her, you know, but forty of people did not like her. And but now in the last I don't know, three years, five years now, the majority of people that could up to me say Lindsay deserved better. I know what she's doing now, feel so bad for her. We're protective of her, you know, and I'm like, thank you. You know she was great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you know.
Speaker 3: So that's felt like a really just pleasant surprise. And I do have to say I've always thanked there was another. There was two big moments for me on that show in terms of professional learning, and the first was Kenny Ortega when he helped me get I truly believe helped me get the role because he the direction he gave me, and I've always thanked him for that. And the other is Amy Sherman Palladino. She directed the episode I always get this wrong. The fans are gonna kill me. I always go, is it pot roast or roast b or meat loaf? But I think it was pot ROAs you can tell I don't cook it. Still, the whole episode was like, if I just get this pot roast right, Dean will love me and I and fix our marriage. And she was directing that episode, and that's actually what she had said to me, because when I'm in there ordering the meat and I'm kind of freaking out, what I wasn't understanding was the subtext of like I have to save my marriage. I was reading it more like I want to be perfect for him, so kind of the same feeling, but one was much deeper and had more weight than the other. And she was the one that came in and talked to me like that. And again at the time, I felt like this was one of those really special moments, like woman to woman, where she was kind of asking me to grow up a little bit, and it was a deeper thing that was going on. And I really didn't know that or clock that until we had that conversation. And that always stuck with me too, because those are deep. You know, when a woman is going through those feelings, it doesn't matter even if she's a young bride or a young woman. It's a lot, it's a it's very layered. And I hadn't clocked that till she talk to me about that, and I always I always loved that.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about when you discovered the letter.
Speaker 3: Oh what letter? The letter? Oh? When I throw this stuff out the window? Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, yes, I remember. I remember.
Speaker 1: Tell us, tell us what that was? Like, Uh, do you think Lindsey handled that the right way? Is there any other way to handle it? I mean, what do you think tell us about tell us about that. Tell us what you remember about that day.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the thing. If I'm talking to like, you know, if I'm trying to be a role model today, I would say, like, no, go to therapy. But let me tell you something. When I got that scene, I was so happy because I felt like I had all this pent up, every script It was like what, like, wow, I'm just getting like murdered over here. So when I had this seat, I was like, hell, yes, this is my moment. I am going to rage. And that's what I did. And I think I heared the shit out of them because the way I was yelling was I mean, it was always scripted. I throw stuff out the window. But I remember the boom guy coming in having to fix the mic because I was yelling and I was shaking. I was I mean, I was like a terror and I wanted it to be that way. And the thing is, you don't even really I mean again, I don't even think you if someone could find the footage of what we shot versus what people saw, I would be so curious because I went for it. That was fun. That was a fun day.
Speaker 1: You went down and got that stuff. H man. Yeah, those are fun days when you can empty the tank. Was that the only scene you had that day? And you could empty the tank and you didn't have anything else to do the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure I was it like that episode or if not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, okay, so yeah, go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I just I remember going into the work that day being like, I'm gonna load.
Speaker 1: Both barrels. You're coming in delivering both barrels. Uh? And you did that? Was that was a harrowing scene. That was That was quite something. Do you think Lindsay Uh deserved a better send off than just that little sort of silent conference. You didn't really say anything at the gazebo, did you? Your mother, you know, gave gave Rory what for, but you know, you just you didn't have They didn't give anything to say. There was nothing. Did you get descript had issues?
Speaker 3: You know? I you know, I think exactly what you said is why I would love for her to have some life now. You know, I think that it's time it really she deserves more.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it is odd that you didn't come back now that I think about it. I mean, you've got quite the resume, You've got the chops. No, no really, I mean your career has been terrific, and yeah, it's kind of odd you didn't come back. I I thanks for bringing that up, because that's uh, that's something we'll go to the mat on next time.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, thank you.
Speaker 1: That would be if I have anything to say about it. And I don't.
Speaker 3: I know, I know no, And I've seen Amy a few times and we have good laughs. We have a great relationship. We have a great thing. I you know, I didn't take it personally in the sense that I was like, why I didn't they invite me back? I Moore was bummed because I thought, Wow, this could have been a cool moment, you know. When I when I found out, I wasn't I know how these things work. It's like, you've only got so much time to tell so many stories. I mean, I'm in the middle of producing something right now where some characters are coming back from something, and you know, it's it's hard rearranging everybody, and some people are coming back, some people aren't. And so, you know, I never took it personally, but I was more just personally bummed for you know, because I thought, oh, this would be a cool moment, you know, right right.
Speaker 1: Right right, Let's talk about other things that you're doing. You mentioned something that you're producing. Now, what does that tell us a little bit about I am?
Speaker 3: I am, So I'm still acting, and I'm on a show called nine on one and I go back and forth. And then I did this really cool INDI called Site. It it's like a psychological thriller, but it deals with past lives, which is something I'm fascinated by. And then I'm about to go shoot the movie next month. But in between, I started producing during the pandemic and sold a studio film to Fox.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I'm not allowed to talk now, but it's it's been a long, big dream of a dream of mine for a long time, and so it is very exciting that we're making it. And I think people are going to be excited.
Speaker 1: Did you write it or or you just took and got it?
Speaker 3: We have a great We have a great writer Janae Savage, and we are very close on the script. So it's.
Speaker 1: Boy, it's so hard to get anything made these days, especially in film film world.
Speaker 3: It's been really exciting, and you know, we're still it's moving quickly, but it's like, you know, every stage is It's been a lot of learning already, you know, and it's been really nice to just give artists, I don't know, to be able to like speak to artists the way that sometimes I wish I was spoken to on set, you know. And also working with women. The women that we're working with, the twentieth Century, the producers over there, are the studio heads over there, it's three females. They have been amazing to work with. For our very first meeting, they were like, this is a collaboration, this is a safe space. You know. I've just been blown away by the support we've had from these incredible women at the studio and it makes a huge difference. It makes a huge difference. So it's been a great experience. I'm I have a few other projects in development, a TV show, a docu series, and another film, but so yeah, there's a lot going on. It's been I mean, look, it's been a hard few years for everybody. But I've just been doing what I can to take care of myself and you know, keep chugging along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's all you can do. I dreamed up this podcast in the middle of pandemic because I, you know, I had to do something. You got to do something. And the funny part about it is I thought I had this amazing original idea of a rewatch. Right there was already like twenty thousand of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how cool you have such a huge fan base. This is such a success. I mean, thank god you did it. It's been so great.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I didn't think of it soon. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. I was too busy to think of it sooner. And then when it all got shut down, I was like, woy, I gotta do something.
Speaker 3: Isn't it funny what happens in stillness? Like you know, when you're going, going, going, you don't think of ideas, But when you get quiet, suddenly the ideas just come.
Speaker 1: No, I think of ideas going on. They're just not good ideas, you know, Like, no, you don't want to do it? All right, We're gonna play a little game now called rapid Fire. You ready, I'm gonna fire questions out you fire answers back to me to the best of your ability. I think you got this. Are you ready? How do you like your coffee?
Speaker 3: I'm with Oat Milk?
Speaker 1: Your team, Logan team, Jesster team, Dean team, Lindsay, what's your favorite Gilmore Girls couple? Luke and laureli Are Richard.
Speaker 3: Emiley, Rory and Lawrence?
Speaker 1: Name and who and who?
Speaker 3: What was Lauren's name on the show, Laura Lai?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so right there you go, my daughter, right mother, daughter, There you go. What would you order it? Luke Steiner?
Speaker 3: Did you make like a good fried egg? Samwitch?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're damn straight?
Speaker 3: Okay? I think that would be.
Speaker 1: Jackson or Taylor for towns.
Speaker 3: Selectmen, I stay out of politics.
Speaker 1: Would you rather listen to Hep Alien or the Troubadour's cover songs? Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You got this look deer in the headlights? Then? Now that's a deer in the headlights. That's the look you gave. I would pull over, stop, help you out. You know that's that's that's not a deer. I'd honk at or like get out of my way. I'd get out and say, you know, listen, oh man, uh help. Alien was Lane's band. She was in with Sebastian Bach and then Zach and Todd. I think so they had their little band, remember that. And the troubadour was Grantlee Phillips. And every once in a while the camera would pan. Once in a while, the camera would pan and the town square the opening or something, and there there'd be playing one of his cool songs. Okay, okay, the moody guy. You know, the cool moody guy. Anyway, that was a classic. Look okay, Harvard or Yale?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess you gotta go Harvard if it's.
Speaker 1: An okay, why.
Speaker 3: Because it's so snatty, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: You gotta go with the SNAUGHTI what's Rory's bigger mistake? Crashing the car her boyfriend built for her or sleeping with her ex who was married, which you're the same guy. Actually, I'm gonna go with that one her. Yeah, that's that's that's a bigger mistake. Just you know, all friends being equal. Uh who from Gilmour would you not want with you? Stuck on a Desert Island.
Speaker 3: Probably oralized mom.
Speaker 1: Because oh she would be complaining a little bit. Yeah, she'd be complaining, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think actually I think she would make I think she would entertain me for like the first hour with because her comments are always so funny, and then I think I would go insane Jackie. Now, who what is her character name?
Speaker 1: Emily? Emily, Yes, Emily, uh something in your life? You are all in on. I think I think we know horses, horses, horses coming in from all directions.
Speaker 3: Why wild horse Rescue? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, Well, I wish we had more time. Please carve out some more time for us, because we will call again. There's more to discuss. Actually I didn't get the evening. Like there's there's fan questions that I didn't even get to. Oh no, there's a whole list. Oh you have no idea. The fans are obsessed with you. They are obsessed. Yeah. Well yeah, so come back on sometime. Okay, we'll be in touch.
Speaker 3: We tell everybody. I said, Hi, that's so sweet.
Speaker 1: I will tell everybody and thank you for your time, Thanks so much, and good luck with say what it is a sky.
Speaker 3: Oh skydog sanctuary. Okay, and that's their name on Instagram and my name on Instagram is at Ariel Kevl. I also talk about out them there, so between the two you can always find information. And they rescue wild horses from round up and slaughter and terrible conditions.
Speaker 1: I uh, after I'm done here today, I'm gonna I'm gonna check it out. I'm kind of a horse guy too. When I was a kid, we moved out of New Jersey to this to the country, the Maryland countryside, and down the street from us, or down the hill, was lived a woman named Mary super who was a Grand National champion, and we used to work. She gave us jobs in her stable, oh my gosh, and she didn't pay us anything. She allowed us on the property after we were done our chores to go swimming in the stream in the back of a property, and we did every day. So it was kind of a wonderful existence there for three years. And then we moved back to New Jersey, which is still great, but it was just a whole different country vibe, and it was it was fantastic. And we rode for and the neighbor across the street at horses and my sister just fell in love with horses.
Speaker 3: And look at all these memories you mad, I mean you still remember just.
Speaker 1: Just got bucked off, got back on, you know when I you know, had that experience and get went right into the mud. So anyway, but thank you so much, good luck with everything, all your projects, and well hopefully we'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you. This has been a nice memory.
Speaker 1: L Yes, it has been all right, Dariel, thanks so much.
Speaker 4: All the us, Hey everybody, and don't forget follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh you're Gilmore friends. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company Scottip dot com s C O T T y P dot com scottip dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee