Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 2: Quarterback, Tell You Sports Radio eight. I'm nine two eighty seven, got some just broke some glasses. That's all right through the look I'm so cold seven seven two seven seven four five two five four as a text machine. We are here at Chaos Bar and Grill. Just met some folks over there from Grayson County. Here for the UK Louisville baseball game tonight, right right, big one. If you're in town, come by the bar before. But uh, what six is that? When it starts? Six thirty six thirty Kentucky Louisville baseball Cat's back on the right side of the bubble. Louisll's rate number nineteen would be a big win if they could get it tonight. Louisville got the one in Louisville. Earlier this year. I think it went to extras any game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you got a chance to beat your two biggest rifles back to back and get some momentum going. I like it.
Speaker 2: The name of the food I was talking about that I couldn't get was a stroop waffle. So stroop waffle is like, they're so good, are they? It's like a waffle, but not as thick as a waffle. It's like flat, but it tastes like a waffle. And then they'll put things in it might have chocolate you might have, like honey, and they they smell. I mean, think about like a really good waffle, how it smells when it's really like it smells like that and you walk down the street and you eat it and it's it's really good. Along with those freits. Stroop Waffles and freeds would make me fat if I lived in the Netherlands because they're both really really good.
Speaker 3: Why I got fly United? They give them out on stroop Waffles on United flights.
Speaker 2: Do they do?
Speaker 3: They really good stuff?
Speaker 2: Like like what do you mean give it out a little package? Yeah, but that's in the package and those are good too, But this is like fresh like you like they make.
Speaker 4: They have street vendors down on the street and make it about their stores and they make it.
Speaker 2: And it just you walk by and it smells so good and you want to go in and get one.
Speaker 4: It's a stroop waffle And my stomach is growling right now. Thank you one person rights Matt. While you were gone, I saw you sold ov w Can you talk about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I didn't sell all of it, but we sold uh we sold the majority interest. So I'll now be along with my partners like forty nine percent. We were the majority and now we're just we're moving to the minority. We sold it to a British group that owns a soccer team in Wales, Haverford West, And I met this guy when I went to Europe last time, and we've been in conversations and he wanted to start kind of get an American sports franchise, and so he's gonna do it. And my reason for doing it was very simple. You know, as I've gotten I love I still love OVW and I've loved doing it, but it needs a full time person to oversee it right. So when Craig and I bought it, the theory was I was going to kind of do some of the management. Craig was going to handle the money. And then Craig went and got elected mayor and so it just kind of became more than I could handle. And uh, you know, as I get older, I want to try different things and do other stuff, and it was it was just a lot, and it needs somebody who That's what they're doing all the time is trying to make it successful, and I think this group is gonna do that. And they've had a ton of success in Wales with their soccer team. They took a soccer team that was on the verge of bankruptcy and now they may play in Europe this year in the uh European tournaments and so now so they're gonna be part of OW and I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 4: So you still have forty nine percent, you have your fingers in and a little bit it's do involved.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm still gonna like promote events and go. But like the day to day decisions, I'm gonna leave to to them. You know again, I you're gonna hear I'm gonna be doing some other stuff like I'm a big life short to me. You gotta try a bunch of things. And but that organization has a chance to do some really good stuff, and I want to let somebody do it who can spend all their time on it. The people who like work at al you know, Shan and all those people, they deserve somebody who can put full time into it. And that's what those people can.
Speaker 3: Will we see the British influence like maybe William Regal or Davy Boyce Smith.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna say Jamie Moore Smith is dead. So okay, how do you get going to see a huge influence because one of the things he wants to do is is basically in Wales. He has a soccer academy where if you want to play, if you're an American soccer player and you want to play in Europe, you go to Wales. You get to go to college in Wales and train, or high school and train at his soccer academy. He wants to flip that here. Europeans who want to come learn to wrestle, come to OBW and Louisville, go to school at u of L, work at UPS who's one of our sponsors, and he wants to bring Europeans to Louisville to learn to wrestle. And I think that's a really great idea. So yes, I do think you'll see some European influence. Shannon's going to be hanging out with all the Britain.
Speaker 5: Now over to Europe if you want to ship me over there. The titles the world radio title.
Speaker 2: Before it would actually do anything, But so anyway, I'm excited. I'll still be around it, but no, I will not be making the day to day decision.
Speaker 4: Well, it's been kind of fun for me. That has zero interest in it watching obw grow. You guys have really grown it since you took got involved with it.
Speaker 2: He wants He was like, now that you're not running it, you could be an on air character. And I said, I said, I don't want to beat everybody up, you know, I don't intimidate everybody. So uh but anyway, so looking forward to that and that should be fun. If I'm nine twenty two eighty seven. Who's up next?
Speaker 3: Let's go to Mike.
Speaker 2: Mike, go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, hey all today, I just want to say you were talking about the superstar that I feel like, as long as he's healthy, it's got to be quaint because you imagine him and then amar Wig and throw. I mean, would have been the star last year if he could have finished a little better. I do believe, and I think he's a Amario Williams on steroid.
Speaker 2: I think he could be the Only reason I won't say Quaintance is the star is because we don't know what the effect of the injury's gonna be, right, I mean, we don't know if he's gonna come in. I do think long term, if you're asking me in ten years, who's gonna be the best basketball player that's on this Kentucky team, it's gonna be Jaden Quainton's. But whether or not he is next season, it depends to me on how he comes back from the injury.
Speaker 6: And uh, one more thing. You don't mind it, but deal with the national guys. I think you know we're back. They're like, all Kentucky's got too much now. It's always something with him, Like, I'm just more I like to field of sixty eight. I mean, come on, it's a great pole of overpaying and now now our man cup Kentucky paying money. I'm just glad we have the money now.
Speaker 2: I'm totally with you. I appreciate the call. That was a narrative. Drew. Do they have too many players? I just think that's so ridiculous. We had a season this year where we had like six guys for a couple games and we were having to have We played Alabama with Travis Perry having to chase around Mark Sears. You're telling me too many guys. We can't have too many guys after what we went through last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny. Two weeks ago, I'm reading can Mark Pope recruit? Can he build a roster at Kentucky? Does he have it in m And now it's Mark Pope went out and got too many people if Kentucky had.
Speaker 2: Too much money.
Speaker 3: It's been two weeks and everyone has already flipped in there.
Speaker 2: It's a really good point. I mean, it was two weeks ago. So again I keep talking about Autmar when I bought my socks and went to the soccer. That was the day that Jalen Lowe committed Okay, And I do remember that morning while I was on the train reading the social media and everybody going, you know, Mark Pope can't get anybody, Mark whiff with with with Hope with Pope, And then we get Jalen Lowe, and two weeks later it's they got too many Painople. They don't even get fewer painple Like it feels like there's just some people who are not gonna be pleased.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So what happens if Jaden Klayton's rehab goes a little longer than and then we expected.
Speaker 2: That's why you went and got Diabonte, right, That's why you went and.
Speaker 4: Got what If Otaga burns it up at the combine, he ends up staying in.
Speaker 2: The draft then you have a chance to go get another player. I don't think that's gonna happen, but if we were to leave, I think they'd go get a European. I actually know they have a European that's kind of in their mind as if things blow up for Otega, this is something we can do.
Speaker 4: They have to they We would be very critical if they didn't supply with a lot of backup before. We just went through last year playing our what fifth string point guard.
Speaker 3: At one time on the website, we have the portal tracker graphic. Tyler pulled this up. This was yesterday of last year, a year ago the portal tracker. There was Travis Perry and Colin Chandler and nothing else and people were freaking out this So that was one year ago. Yes, last year we had Travis Perry and Colin Chandler and that's it. Yes, and people were freaking out about it. Amaro Williams was the first commit last year and yesterday was the one year anniversary. On the same day they get the last commit.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a really that's really interesting. It is. And you know, if you go look at these other top programs, they don't have a roster. I mean they go look at like Kansas does not have a roster yet. Now that doesn't mean they're not gonna get him, but like there are people we got so freaked out and two weeks later we're shutting it down.
Speaker 3: It looks like a Baylor. They really don't have a right Baylor.
Speaker 2: Literally has no players, like none.
Speaker 3: It's coaching change. They just all left. Yeah, the coach we kind of wanted.
Speaker 4: I saw your Lincoln Memorial. Guy picked Auburn House.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Rick Barnes not only took him to Cracker Barrel, he took him to the Middlesborough Cracker Middle. Yeah. So he took Auburn. He's gonna be good. Yeah, we're gonna be We're gonna have to play against him next year and he's gonna be good. Who's up next.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Tom Tom?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Tom?
Speaker 7: Hey man, Hey, I've got a quick question.
Speaker 4: All the news on I'm believing was that he couldn't go to another SEC school.
Speaker 7: Because he had to set out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Does that not apply to basketball?
Speaker 2: Uh no, Okay, So the reason the rule was for Nico he couldn't go to another SEC school is because he was in the spring portal. So if he had gotten in the portal after the season, he could have done that. But when you wait to the spring in football, they don't let you do it. In basketball, our equivalent would be the fall portal. You know, they have a portal in December. If you were to leave in December, you can't go to another SEC school. But for because basketball season goes later, the spring portal is our fall part portal. Appreciate the code. So that's why Nico. If Nico had entered the portal after the bowl games, he could have gone to an SEC school, But he waited till after spring practice, and there's a rule that you can't go to an SEC school if you do that, because they don't want you to go through spring practice, get a team's you know, playbook and notes, and then go to another school.
Speaker 4: It's a good question, like a lot of people have wondered the exact same thing. How he could not go to SEC school when some of these basketball guys are doing the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again, if in the when they open up the portal in the fall, you wouldn't be able to go to an SEC school if you got into it. Who's next let's go to Seth Seth. How are you Seth?
Speaker 7: Are doing guys?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 7: Hey? Are there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: Uh? Okay. My first question I was talking to white Huff. He does some of the ktuch stuff. And uh, with JQ in his position, do you think he'll be a four or five? And the other thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who.
Speaker 7: Do you think the most underrated like transfer that we have will be the most impactful?
Speaker 2: Well I mentioned that earlier. That was the two lane kid, Cam Williams. I appreciate the call for me, Drew. The four of the five in Pope system is just are you gonna be the guy at the top of the key with the ball or not? And I assume that quaintance is gonna be that sometimes, wouldn't you agree? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think you can play both. They'll play more than five. I think they'll go small a lot with the Diubaatee and Maven be Caam Williams playing the four. And of course you got Jelly too, so uh, I think he's more than five, but he can play the four.
Speaker 2: So starting line up today, now that you know the roster, Ryan go first.
Speaker 4: Uh, Jaydon Lowet point Otaga at the two. I wanna go the Croatian sensation ends up at the four, and I go Brandon Garrison at the five. So I gotta get a three. Uh, I'm gonna go Cam Williams.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think that's crazy. I'm gonna go h Low and Jasper Otaga Garrison and Diabatee. I mean acquaintance when he gets healthy. But until he gets healthy, uh diabate I'm.
Speaker 3: Going Low Aberdeen away uh diabate Garrison until acquaintance is full speed. But Jasper will lowly chip away at Aberdeen's minutes as the year goes on.
Speaker 2: All right, so so we you and I are on the same page, except you think Aberdeen instead of he's.
Speaker 3: Just much more ready coming off a championship. I think right away he's your guy, but Jasper could gradually cut into his time as the year goes on.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna see a lot of fans not put Diabatee in the starting lineup, and I think they need to because I think he's gonna start.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: There'll be games where he might not play, he might not end the game. Let me also just throw in Colin Chandler could start. I mean it's it's it's not It would not be crazy for me to see Colin Chandler start. I don't I think that's possible. Uh. With basketball season over, you know what it's time for. What's tackle the remodel you've been putting off. A State Renovations they do kitchens, bass basements and decks. Speak A great time to have a deck, wouldn't it.
Speaker 4: I've got one. I love it. I'm out there all the time.
Speaker 2: A State Renovations can give you daily updates and make it to where you have a turnkey experience. You walk in and it's done. A eight Renos dot com R E n O S a state renos dot com And if you mentioned KSR you get half off your design agreement.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good. That is a good deal. My goodness, that's new.
Speaker 2: A State Renos dot Com mentioned KSR half off your design agreement. We'll take a break and be right back here at Ksbar and Grills. Kentucky Sports Radio working back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio A five nine and two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, text machine seven seven two seven seventy four five two five four. I have a question Ryan, and you and Drew would be the two people capable of answering it. Uh, I want you to say truth or bs on this claim by George Clooney.
Speaker 4: Okay, George Clarridge.
Speaker 2: Clooney, Kentucky fan, Kentucky, and I like George Clooney. He married Uh after dating a lot of women, including Stacey Keebler Shannon.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember that he married a woman named Amal uh and who's now mal Clooney. She's like a beautiful but human rights law You're very smart. Their tenth anniversary was last week and he was interviewed about their marriage because people think they like have like a perfect marriage, and he said in the interview that in ten years they've never had one fight. He said, never once in the ten years have we had a fight or even really a serious disagreement. That that's how well they get along. Do you believe it is possible to be married to someone for ten years and not have a fight. That guy in the back does not believe it. And that is his wife sitting there, so I hope I'm assuming that's his wife sitting there. Daughter daughter, Sorry, I couldn't see her, my fault. I couldn't see you back there, all right? My fault. I just wait to stick my foot in my mouth. Do you do you believe that?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? No chance in France that is true. I mean just traveling going through the airport, bathroom issues, They've had disagreements, they've had fighting through the airport. Oh yeah, you know when you're in a hustler at the airport.
Speaker 3: A lot of airports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so absolutely that is b And.
Speaker 2: They said they've never been in a fight.
Speaker 4: Oh you were, rond I love you, but that's not true.
Speaker 2: That is not true. No, it's not fourteen coma fourteen years, never had a fight. Okay, so you're telling them their line, you are looking their face and say they're lie.
Speaker 4: I love you guys, that's a lie.
Speaker 2: Do you think you've been married? What three four years? Uh? Coming up on three three? Do you have you had a fight? I don't have to ask. I we've had.
Speaker 3: A few little ones, but I will say we're pretty good. I would never claim we haven't had any. We don't have many at all, but we've I mean there's been a couple and so absolutely bs on ten years for George Clifton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I I know I couldn't go ten years without having a fight, all right, Shannon, you know you don't need to, you know, you don't need to be smart out on every show. But there are people that I could see not having to fight, Like I could see Larry not having to fight.
Speaker 4: There's just you know, when you're that close proximity, proximity for that long, if it's gonna happen, you know, you crip over somebody's shoe on the floor, they leave their toothpaste out.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just stuff, just of things that would cause you to fight.
Speaker 4: There's just gonna stuff is just gonna build up and it'll happen.
Speaker 2: All right. Well he swears they don't, and now these two swear they don't, So not even a little bit. I don't think we I've ever had a big one. Well something silly and in a few hours it's over. But to have nothing do you think their kind of relationship to not have a fight is have an alpha person and then the beta person just does whatever. Two alphas they're gonna fight for ten years? What about two betas? Like they just are both like it's fine, everything's fine.
Speaker 4: Like I said, just that long, no matter if your your Mom, you're you're just gonna have disagreement with people if you and Sarah.
Speaker 5: Fux of course, yeah, okay, not since Monday. I mean, if you don't fight in ten years, that must mean you never talk to the person. Yeah right, I mean, if you never talked to somebody, you're not gonna fight with them. But if you're living with them all the time, and come.
Speaker 2: On, I will say this in relationships. In my past, I've had very few fights, but you couldn't say zero. It's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody has great relationships, but you can't say zero.
Speaker 3: I don't really fight with anyone, but to say never, that's a lie.
Speaker 2: Who's up next?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 2: Mark ahead?
Speaker 8: Mark, Hey, guys, how's it going good? So real quick?
Speaker 2: Uts?
Speaker 8: Shriver down in Florida here, Bamboo underwear phenomenal.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 8: I'll leave it right there. But with that, I do want to say, and I've missed the fan base up there. The fan base up there is amazing. I've been living down here in Florida for twenty years now, and you were the moving that they won the national championship. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that. The fan base, and thank you and appreciate the work you do as well. This guy right here says he's moving to Florida. Yeah, I do think it's tough when you're a huge Kentucky fan when you move somewhere else because just the people around you don't. I mean, like at Florida, they won the national championship, they had a big party that night, but then like the next week, everybody just moves on, whereas here we'd still be celebrated.
Speaker 4: I think we all love to hear that the fans that move out of Kentucky, this show kind of helps them keep like they're still involved with a little bit. You know, they reach out through this show, still sold these guys moving down to Orlando. They're a way to keep in touch with what's going on up here.
Speaker 2: Does it annoy you, Drew when teams that we don't feel like deserve it, When like what I mean by that is Florida's fans they just don't care. You know, Yeah, I'm understanding, and like, in some ways, does it annoy you that we care so much and then a team where their fan base doesn't he Like I was hearing Tennessee fans last year. You know, they really loved baseball and they were annoyed that Kentucky could win the College World Series because they're like, your fans don't even go to the games most of the time, although we did during the playoffs. But does that Does that end with that annoying to you?
Speaker 3: There is a little bit when you'll watch an SEC basketball game in the Odome and you just see empty seats everywhere, even when they have a good teams, when they go and get something in they're having parades in town. There was a little bit like where were you the you know, last year or the year before that. Overall, not not too bad, though I'm kind of guilty of the baseball thing, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Can I, Shannon, Can I tell you real quickly, did I talk about I can't remember if I talked about that I said it on the thing? Do I talk about my worst KSR curse of all time? I don't think? So? Okay, private, I told you in private? Did I say it on the show? I don't think I know what you're talking about, all right, So real quick. In my little fellowship, there was a guy that was in it who quit after a couple of days. So he was at the first one when I was in Alabama, right. His name is Miles Taylor. And you know, I'm sure he's a great guy, but like you know how you can meet somebody and you can be like, I just don't think you and I will get along, you know. Like he was handsome, slick back hair, just he just wasn't my kind of thing, right, Okay, So fast forward to when we're in in the netther Ones. They asked us, everybody, think of a person in your life that you've met that you just kind of decided you didn't like without really giving them a chance, right, And I thought about him, yeah, and I said, well, you guys all know him, Miles. That night, Trump issued an executive order to have him investigated by the Department that night. That's a curse.
Speaker 9: TJ.
Speaker 2: Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ. He'll make them pay. Now.
Speaker 5: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Here's Matt Jones, quarterback Tucky Sports Radio. Here, it's Caspar and Grill, open for lunch. Got a good crowd in here. Tomorrow will be here again, It'll be Wednesday. My trivia will be next Tuesday. So next Tuesday will be the next trivia event here. And then k s Our Bowling League is tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Yes, the first night of this summer season is tomorrow night out of Collins Boyton on South and Lane.
Speaker 2: Go on to Southland and even you can go to KSR Bowling dot Com. I am going to try to come at the very end. But then I'm going to bowl the next week and I'm bringing a special all you are excuse me, I'm bringing a special guest next week, which I think people will be excited.
Speaker 4: Oh are you bowling tomorrow? I'm gonna try to go tomorrow night for the I want ball. I'm just gonna go and hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't you want to bowl?
Speaker 4: I'm not any good, so that's that doesn't matter. I don't think I I'm just gonna just hang out, you know, eat some of that good pizza.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm going next week. If you're and your special guests want to form a team, I'm going so loo. Well, we can't play with we can't play with hurt from pickleball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the NBA a two game grind is done, but Draft Kings special official Sportsman in partner the NBA is ready to help first timers get started. Pick a team, make your pick bat five dollars, get tw hundred dollars in bonus bets. Use my code KSR. It's Draft Kings KSR. Let's let's make our picks for tonight. Are you ready ready? Well, I have to pull it up.
Speaker 3: I've gotta pulled up if you need it.
Speaker 2: Bucks and Pacers Pacers four and a half point favorite. They won the other night. Do they win again?
Speaker 4: Yes, of course, I'm gonna pick the Pacers to win.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Grizzlies in Thunder Shannon fourteen and a half point favorite for the Thunder. But they won by fifty one last time, So did they do it again?
Speaker 5: I think yeah, give me the Thunder and the points. They're gonna crush them again the bifty one though.
Speaker 2: The big game tonight Timberwolves Lakers. Lakers a five and a half point favorite, even though the Timberwolves won the first game.
Speaker 3: I'm going Wolves, But I'm also in honor of Mario.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 3: If there's any Brownie prop bets, maybe like over half a minute, I'm gonna I'm gonna bet on Brownie.
Speaker 2: Dude, he's gonna be so excited. If you haven't go to Draft Kings. The promo co KSR the crown is yours. If you have a gaming problem called one hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. The Algebibra sing supply new customers only. Bonaspecs fire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue wins. For additional terms resources, go to DKNG, dots, slash Audio, one person Rights, Matt. You took a lot of criticism online yesterday for not knowing the names of the football and basketball players. I had a friend who said he thought you should know that. Do you think you all screwed up not knowing the names? No, not at all. I do not know the names of the football players, and neither does anybody else, So I'm fine with it. Basketball, you know, I knew everybody's name except the Croatian kid. But I'll learn it. But who can't like? Here's what I don't like. I don't like when fans who don't know anything act like they're experts. I can guarantee you none of our fans watch that kid at Tulane play. Nobody, No, none of you. There's not one person. Nobody watched the kid from Croatia. None of We're gonna watch him Monday. But nobody's watched him play. Yeah, we saw Diabat play at Alabama, and we saw Aberdeen play Florida. But chances are when you were upset about Lamar Wilkerson coming, you didn't watch a Sam Houston State game. So I'm just being honest. Everybody else fakes you know, Oh this kid he can be Like I go, well, Jaden Quainton's I watched him play like twice in high school, and I think I watched one Arizona State game before he got hurt. But I'm not gonna act like I know all about him.
Speaker 3: Jalen low will be the starting point guard. I did not know he was a human being on this earth until the college basketball season ended. I saw zero minutes of Pitt and probably watched zero minutes of ACC basketball.
Speaker 2: Watched one game, and when they played Louisville. That's the only time I watched him. Serious question, how many of you all have watched Jalen Lowe play basketball? Our point guard nicks and.
Speaker 3: How did you get so bored to watch Pitt?
Speaker 2: If you exactly? So, that's just being honest. So if that makes it to where you know you're not an expert, I would much rather somebody say they're not an expert than act like they are and have never seen them play. As far as our football team, I don't know any of them. I mean, you know, I don't except the guys that played here.
Speaker 4: How would you I mean they lost?
Speaker 2: Would you know a new Mexico offensive lineman? How in the world could you know anything about that?
Speaker 4: If I'm not mistaken. They lost sixteen of their twenty two starters. Sixteen starters gone. You have a lot of new names will learn.
Speaker 3: Also, they're being very quiet over there. On the day of the Spring Showcase, the Kentucky Football account did not tweet one time. It was almost like they didn't want people to know what was going on.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question about that. We have had a coaching staff with football over the years that's been very chesty. They talk a lot of trash. They're very adamant about how they how good they are this year. Radio silence. Just like you said, is that good or worries?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna call it good. I mean, it's it's gotta be very intentional. Like I said, the spring game ended and I went to their Twitter account and it had been nineteen hours since they said anything, not even a here's a bag policy. Doors open at nine am. So this has to be intentional.
Speaker 2: But why do you think there's like a view of nobody's gonna believe what we say anyway, so we just gotta show it, like do you? It is very different the way they've approached this year in terms of I mean the coaches don't say anything.
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of like Calas last summer when he was saying real GE's moving silence like lasagna, and it's like, Okay, I don't know if this is the best strategy. I don't know if you're just in hiding from criticism.
Speaker 2: What do you think good? I mean, you're around these guys more than we are.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna we're gonna be honest? Worries me just because I think they if they were good, they'd be pounding their chest and like talking us up and say, hey, we got this got to good.
Speaker 2: So do you think they're not talking because they don't think we're good?
Speaker 4: I lean a little that way more than the good side.
Speaker 2: But okay, but just to play devil's advocate, if they talked a lot of trash pounded their chest, wouldn't there be a lot of people who would just say, well, that's what you said last year and we were three and nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that probably they would, and they would get a love of that.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's as much as an indicator of the talent they have. I mean, we heard Stoop say fourty times last season. I don't want to make a headline. I'm not gonna answer that because somebody will take one sentence and make a headline. I think they're just kind of avoiding any chance to have crist.
Speaker 2: That's the wrong way to do it. I mean, so you remember when Mark was here, Right, So Mark was on the show with us, and you know, when it was over, I went back and listened to it, and I was like, I think he's taken the wrong strategy. I think he's he's becoming so worried about what people are gonna say that it's making him like lose the parts of his personality that we all like, h huh. Right.
Speaker 4: I think there was definitely some of that in that interview. I thought he did himself some favors, but he also wasn't the same Mark that we usually get when he comes on this show.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's what I'd like to hear Mark Stoops say, you know what, last year stunk and it disappointed us, and it made me mad, and I did some stuff that was dumb and I need to fix it and like, but not go you know, I don't want to make news. We got to get back to work. Like that's not gonna motivate anybody.
Speaker 3: You know, I agree, But he's been doing that even since the last season was still going on. You go to those press conference, will asked a question like, now, I gotta be careful what I say here because you'll make it a headline to Well, that's kind of the point while we're all here at this press conference is to make it a story.
Speaker 2: Whatever you say. Time, I'm a little concerned about it. I'm not gonna lie that the radio silence of all things football is a little concerned. Now.
Speaker 3: One thing I think is a little better behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: We interviewed Todd Bryant and others have said it, and maybe they're just saying it, but they said, behind the scenes, everything is much much better. Good, Like there's been an emphasis on team building and get to know each other and at the attitude to change in the locker room that's good.
Speaker 2: Who's up next.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Terry.
Speaker 2: Terry, go ahead, Terry.
Speaker 10: Okay, it kind of leans into my question. I got a couple of hypotheticals for you guys. So your only two answers here can be the one year or the five years. So do you think Mark Stoops this will be his last season or he coaches another five years? Also, do you think Mitch Barnhart will be the athletic director when the next football coach is hired? And in basketball? And in basketball do you think Mark.
Speaker 2: I'll be more specific because these are those are good questions. Let's start with Mitch Barnhart. I would be shocked if Mitch Barnhart was the AD in three years. It wouldn't shot me if he's not the AD in two years. I think Mitch Barnhart, if it wasn't for this change in NIL and all that, would have already retired. I think he feels a personal responsibility to hell Kentucky transition into whatever this new era is because he's been a big part of the groups deciding what it'll be. If the if the court case gets settled, which we're gonna find out probably this week, and then if Congress passes legislation. I think Mark Mitch Barnhart will stay one more year to get that done and then hand it over to somebody else. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 4: I would not be shocked at off that's the way it plays out.
Speaker 2: I think that's what's gonna happen now. As far as stoops, I think I think Mark one of two things is gonna happen. He's either gonna turn it around this year, get rejuvenated and be here five more years, or this is it. I think those are the only two options. I mean, I think this fan base and him personally, it's not just I'm not putting it on just he personally was not happy last year. He personally did not seem to me to be in a good place last year. Now he seems better now, but he's not. He can't go through that again. Like to me, he's either one more year or he leads you into the new era too. And I'll say about Mark what I said about Cal, which was a new era is coming. Whether you like it or not, it's coming. You're not gonna change it. It is what it is. So you got to look in the mirror and say, do I want to be part of this new era or not. And I think Mark will make that decision when the season's over. Do you agree?
Speaker 3: I do it with both guys, Barhard and Stoops. There aren't each of them the longest tenured in the SEC jobs. Barg's coming up on twenty five years. I don't know the show fleft for most idea, it was a long time in that job. So whatever you think of the circumstances, he's already put in two and a half decades or close to it.
Speaker 2: I am to the point that I do not want to hear one coach of a major football or basketball program complain about the system. I don't want to hear it anymore. The system is what it is. Yep, you don't like it, go do something else, man, Go do something else. I mean that's how I feel. But go ahead, all.
Speaker 6: Right, man.
Speaker 10: And then my basketball hypothetical, it's assuming that UCLA doesn't win another title and nobody passes us up. Will Mark Hope be the coach when we pass UCLA? Will be another coach? Or will we all die before that happens.
Speaker 2: Thanks, that's good, I appreciation call. I mean, what, we're three behind UCLA? They have eleven, we have eight, Is that right? Yeah? Yeah, I mean that's an interesting question. Will we win three titles before the three of us die? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 3: We only have three since nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have three in my life. So if I was in perfect health, the best I could hope for is to live to be at the halfway point. And I don't even know if that's a good bet. Yeah, probably not. I feel like my life has two more titles in it. I feel like I got two left.
Speaker 3: And all the other teams are only getting better, it's only getting harder.
Speaker 2: Knock on wood, Ryan, how many you feel like you got left in your life?
Speaker 4: One? I mean, really, they've won one in the last twenty seven years. I don't know if I got another twenty seven years, so I'll just say one.
Speaker 2: You don't think you got another twenty seven?
Speaker 4: That would make me what eighty five?
Speaker 2: Oh, you'll kill it an eighty fe You're gonna have to start doing exercise, pick a ball.
Speaker 4: You pulled your groling. Why don't you start by just stretching. I have been trying to stretch in the morning because I am stiff when I get out of bed. In the morning. You do stretch? Yeah, what kind of stretch do you do? Quads? Hamstrings?
Speaker 2: Show me example of how what I do? I want to see. Let me let's narrate this ship. Let's let's watch. Oh you can't see it right, I was taking his shoes off. This is a restaurantired all right, go ahead, Okay, you got you don't have your don't put your foot on the table the health department. What are you doing on a table? Why are you putting your foot on the table a restaurant?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: First of all, that's way too much innerfi and there's way too much of your feet. Yes, you do. We'll be right back, work back at you. It's Kentucky Sports Radio eight five, nine two, eight, twenty two eighty seven. Fun couple days. Ilad to be back here with you all tomorrow. We'll be here at get the Bar again and we will be on Friday as well. This final segment sponsored by Bluegrass Roofing. If you want a roofing company you can trust, it's Bluegrass Roofing. They use state of the art technology and give a breakdown of your roofing system. Now's the time to get it done. They do repairs to help you restore your current roofing system. It's Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting off They offer a lifetime warranty on any roof replacement. If you use a code KSR, you get a free inspection and up to five percent off the repair. So when basically, anytime you have an advertiser from this show, just use KSR. It's Bluegrass Roofing. Make sure you say that.
Speaker 4: A lot of roof damage from the recent storms too, so they're probably busy right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is, that's unfortunate. They announced yesterday during the show, Tyler Childers and Chris Stapleton are playing the Healing Appalachic Concert in Ashland. When it got announced, the website got overwhelmed. They like, basically, you couldn't buy tickets for a long time. Now they're they're on salegan today and you can. Here's my question. It's in Boyd County, So it's at the Boyd County Fairgrounds, right, they're saying that it could be up to fifty thousand people.
Speaker 4: Where are they gonna put them?
Speaker 2: There's no way the Boyd County Fairgrounds can hold fifty thousand people, right, No, how are they gonna make that happen. That's where they are.
Speaker 5: Isn't that the same place they're doing like the Kid Rock Show with Hank william Those Yeah.
Speaker 2: But there this is supposed to be bigger than that. How How big are the Boyd County Fairgrounds? Ala? Tyler does this every year, but this is by far. But it's not always in Ashland. It's usually it's in other places. It's not in Ashley. This is the first time it's been in Kentucky. It's usually in West Virginia, I think. But to have Stapleton and Tyler the I think, where are all these people gonna stay?
Speaker 3: I know you can camp there, well you better So that's hotels in Ashley.
Speaker 4: There's only a couple places in this state that can hold fifty thousand people, right, So why are they gonna do that?
Speaker 2: Now? Okay? How many places in this state can hold fifty thousand people? Kroger Field, the Louisville's football field, I guess where they do larger than Live Shannon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's just a big field. Is there any chance that maybe that's what?
Speaker 2: This is?
Speaker 4: Just a big field?
Speaker 3: You just need a big field? Yeah, Railbird God, see many just behind red mile over here.
Speaker 2: Still though, that's a big field, it is, And where are all those people gonna park? I mean I'm going don't get me wrong. You put those two in a concert together, I'll be there. But like I'm already four months out trying to figure out where I will park.
Speaker 4: And your escape route after the concert act gets over.
Speaker 2: It's exactly right. Who's next? Nico? Nico?
Speaker 9: Go ahead and Nico, Hey, first of all, good to have you back on the show. Matt, and I said, I have a basketball question. Okay, what do you think if he stays all four years Travis Perry's ceiling is and what he can be under poke?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think if you're I appreciate the call, if you're asking me what I think his honest ceiling is. I think his honest ceiling would be like on a really good team, his junior and senior year, sixth seventh man coming off the bench, And the question is is that what he wants to do? And if he does, then yes, I think he can do that. I think he could get to the point. Remember in twenty twelve we played against Baylor and they had that one dude that would come off the bench and hit threes with the floppy hair. You remember that guy. That dude reminds me of Travis Parry, even with the same haircut. That's I don't do I think we can win a national championship with Travis Perry as the starting point guard? No? But do I think he can be a contributing player on a team that wins a national championship? Yeah? Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially offensively. I mean, he can hold his own with the ball. It's just I don't know that he'll ever have the defense to keep up in the SEC and he's already. People have been critical of him. He was not supposed to play a fraction of how much he played last year. He had a timeline where he didn't expect to play as a freshman at all when he committed to Cal.
Speaker 4: Yes, he could be a guy like Derek Willis and Dominic Hawkins eventually got when they got their junior senior year, be a contributor.
Speaker 2: Hawkins is a really good example.
Speaker 4: Yeah, could he be?
Speaker 2: Could? I mean they're very different players, but he could. Could he give the role of Hawkins?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yes, he couldn't. Remember Hawkins really didn't play a lot his early his first couple of years. So thank you folks very much. Nice to see you, sir, appreciate you all, and thank you for everybody coming out here. Good to see everyone. Kats in Louisville. What time's the game tonight? Six thirty, six thirty Kentucky, Louisville, six point thirty tonight in baseball. We'll see tomorrow. It's Kentucky Sports Radio.