Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Techie and Key Arms who live from studio c Hey dimple let room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. And hey y'all, today we're under the two ledge of l Signor Mencho, El signor Mencho. I'll explain what that is in just a little bit. Joe is not here. He's playing golf at some fancy, fancy golf course. I think he's going to call in at some point. He's playing at one of those golf courses that he got to know somebody special to play at, I think. Or he's just playing Pebble Beach, which is no minor thing either, but that is a public course. If you don't know anything about golf, that's a very big deal. Some of the best golf courses in the very world. Joe's a big golfer and that's where he is, and he will call in later. What is El sennor Mencho. El Sennor Mencho is the biggest drug kingpin in the world right now. He is in Mexico, he has been able to displace some of the bigger cartels down there that you've heard of for a variety of reasons, partially because the biggest cartels have been at war with each other and the Trump administration decided to crack down on fentanyl, as we all know, cracking down on a lot of drugs see boats exploding at sea, et cetera. But it has opened up an avenue for this guy, Senor Menchow, the biggest drug kingpin in the world for cocaine, has made a comeback in the United States, and apparently America's love of cocaine is driving Mexico's new drug king to cash in. Here's some of the stats that I thought were interesting that I did not know anything about because I'm not in that world. I've never been in that world, but I'm certainly not in that world now. Cocaine sold in the United States right now is cheaper than it has been in forever, and more pure that it has been forever. Consumption in the Western United States. Hey, that's where I live has increased one hundred and fifty four percent since twenty nineteen. WHOA how about that? And it's funny that I had that conversation. Did you hear that conversation I had yesterday, Katie. I was watching Bill Mars's show. Is actually the episode where he had on Charlie Kirk from just a couple of months ago. And Charlie Kirk, if you know Charlie kirk'said act at all. He doesn't drink, he doesn't do drugs of any kind, et cetera, et cetera. And see he and Bill maher we're talking about that. And Charlie Kirk was making the argument that he said, I assume since he legalized pot that pot sales are up. And Bill Marherson, you know what, I don't know, but he said, when I go to Hollywood parties, the young people don't have any interest in pot. They have interest in the old fashioned hard drugs like cocaine. I said that yesterday, and Joe and I were both like, Wow, that's interesting. I didn't think anybody was doing that sort of thing anymore because of fentanyl and all that. Well, here we are today with the Wall Street Journal saying cocaine is more pure than it has been in many, many years in the United States, and cocaine uses up one hundred and fifty four percent since twenty nineteen, So throw all through the whole pandemic and everything. Ohoh, and it's the belief that there ain't no fentanyl in that the Trump administration and warring factions have really taken down a lot of the fentanyl trades. You know.
Speaker 2: I know Joe said this a few times, but I still don't understand. And I get the fentanyls down, But how you could even play that kind of game?
Speaker 1: I know, either you're just hoping that. I guess you just know it's true. I mean, obviously people believe, and a part of that is how you get to be the world's richest drug kingpin. I guess word gets out that your stuff is pure, and people are I don't know how you trust your drug dealer that he's given you this stuff from this guy and not from somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Kaman, he's a good guy, right.
Speaker 1: According to The Wall Street Journal, for new users, cocaine doesn't carry the stigma of fentnyl addiction, middle class addicts and the tragic spectacle of homeless crack cocaine users in the nineteen nineties helped put a lid on America's last cocaine. Cocaine epidemic, but right now it's vaccine is like back being seen, is like what cool successful people do as opposed to people on the street leaning against the overpass with a hole in their leg from drank. So good luck to those of you out there doing the cocaine. So louck. I hate that news though, I mean because I got two teenagers headed out into the world. We'll see where this goes. The big news of the day, and I could have made the general manager is Jerome Powell, the chair to the Fed, as he is going to announce a rate cut today. The media is acting like it's a drama. It is not one hundred percent of economists to believe he's going to cut rates today. So that's a done deal. The only open question is heany give you that, Michael? The only question is how much? And practically all economists say a quarter point, some say possibly a half point. But the market has already reacted to that news. The effect on home mortgages and credit card rates is going to be pretty dang small. It's just it's the first step in the right direction. In the right direction if it continues to go those way to where people want to get. We're never going to get back to home interest rates that we had there for a while. Ever, it'll never it may never happen again in the history of capitalism. But it's tough because I've got in my head, just like you've gotten your that a three percent mortgage makes sense. I'm not getting a house until the mortgages get down to three. Well, it's never gonna happen. Currently, a thirty year mortgage is averaging six point three percent across the nation. That sounds insanely high based on what we've had for quite a few years. Historically, it's quite low. Historically you'd run out and buy a house if you had one, you'd go out and buy another one to take advantage of these six percent mortgage rates. But they feel really, really high. If you're locked into something in the threes, you're not going to sell your house because you go out and buy a smaller house at six point three percent with maybe a higher mortgage payment every month, and you're actually making for a smaller house. Mean, why would you do that unless you have to move so anyway, the rate adjustment today is not going to be enough to shake loose the housing market. Or make much of a debt in your credit card debt. Maybe we'll talk to some expert a little bit later about that, but they are going to rates today. That's almost guaranteed. Donald Trump is in Great Britain. He's having a fancy pants dinner with the Prime Minister and going to meet the King later. I keep forgetting to stun a queen anymore. She passed long leave the King, King Charles, and so they'll meet and whoop whoop d s. I almost said a bad word.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you had some restraint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a phrase my dad had used before, whoopd s saying the actual which I like that as a phrase too. Whoo whoop d s.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start using that.
Speaker 1: In terms of yeah, big deal. And that's the way I feel about President Trump meeting the King. Whoop d s. So anyway, there are some news that could come out of that, because they're probably going to they are going to have a one on one meeting Trump and Starmer, the Prime Minister, and they're going to talk about Ukraine, guaranteed, and hopefully some news will leak out of that. As far as the Charlie Kirk assassination. The latest is all these texts that we've learned between the killer and his boyfriend roommate. You got to help me out on this. I haven't been following this closely. When they say trans roommate lover boyfriend, do they mean it was a girl and now it's a boy.
Speaker 3: No, it is, it's a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be saying it. But this person was a girl and is now a boy or is a boy and his has always been a boy, but is hoping to become a girl.
Speaker 2: That the latter, So it is he is still a boy working on transitioning to be a girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, So anyway, the text to his boyfriend, and we'll read him verbatim a little bit later, but man has some rough stuff in there.
Speaker 3: Oh. In the media going on and on about how touching it was.
Speaker 1: I saw that. I saw that emotional touching moments between the two. He's a freaking cold blooded assassin. It doesn't the boyfriend girlfriend into it anyway. They might be a perfectly nice person, I don't know. And they're they're cooperating completely with law enforcement, which is nice. But yes, some of the texts about I just can't stand his hate anymore. I've got to do something, and then explaining how. So his plan was, according to the text to the boyfriend, was he'd dropped that gun in the woods. I guess he tried to go back and get it, but there was too many cops around, and he was planning to try to go back later and get the gun. And he said to the roommate boyfriend that if I can get the gun, I think I'm gonna get away with this. They won't have any way to figure out who I am or track me. So he dropped that rifle in the woods, thinking he could go back and get it and then dispose of it well, and he made a big mistake he left.
Speaker 2: Apparently he left a screwdriver up on the roof where he actually shot Charlie Kirk from and they got his DNA off of that, so he would have been screwed either way.
Speaker 1: What did he need the screwdriver for?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did he I think there wasn't going to be this level of FBI manhunt action going on after he shot as high profile of person as Charlie Kirk. And then he planned poorly, but he thought, well, they'll just look around a little bit to leave. People will move on. I'll go back to the woods to get my gun. Wasn't the best plan in the world for somebody who supposedly had a very, very high IQ. But we can get into the actual details of those texts, and yeah, we'll listen to that news reporter who talked about the touching moments between the two. Sure, that's a sick way to look at this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, Cash Btello runs the FBI, was in front of Congress yesterday and he got into some great screaming matches with senators in the classic clown circus way that all of these hearings turn out to be. I think they should ban hearings. I don't think they do any of us any good. We'll play some highlights from that a little bit later. Might check in with one of our military analysts on where things are with Israel with one hundred and fifty strikes in Gaza. You know, Gaza is not a very big area. I don't know if you are aware of this, if you've ever looked on to Matt, all of Gaza is smaller than the footprint of Chicago, the entire area, country, whatever you want to call. It's not a country obviously is pretty small. So one hundred and fifty strikes in that are oh imagine one hundred and fifty strikes on Chicago. That would seem like a lot. But we'll check in on that war and a whole bunch of other stuff. Let's start the show officially before I get in trouble at the FCC and they cracked me down and throw me in prison. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on. This is a Wednesday up day. That's why we have a camel in the studio. Kind of large it is. It takes up a lot of space soon and Michael's job is to clean up after it, which is you know, another reason he doesn't like Wednesdays. I hate him Wednesday, September seventeenth. They are twenty twenty five. We are Armstrong in Getty. We approve of this program, and we will begin the show following all FCC rules and regulations at mark but true, let getting a great stat I guess who does You didn't ever know it?
Speaker 2: Tou leg but out out he got Drake.
Speaker 1: The rake should be much Flawa, much much Flawa. That's Donald Trump referring to the Federal chairman that he chose as too late. He's done a poor job. He's called him stupid in the past and said he's like talking to a chair anyway, Jerome Powell will lower the interest rates a little bit later. No, we had a camel out at the farm for a while. Remember when I wanted to get a giraft, Michael, That was before you were on Katie was trying to get a giraffe. We had a camel okay for a while, and pretty nice beast. It walked around with the sheep and the horse and everything else. Theypit Uh, it didn't spit on me. I'm sure it's spit occasionally, but it never. It never spit on me. That's a pretty decent beast. But it's harder to get a draft than you would think once you really look into it. You need all new fencing and yeah, it becomes a hole. It becomes a whole thing. When you decide to get a.
Speaker 3: Giraft, I can imagine that could be complicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what are you gonna do? Uh? We got Katie's headlines on the way and we gets into some of that news that we mentioned. Here's our text line four one, five, two, nine five kftc art he came across the details. So the reason the idiot murderer had a screwdriver up there on the roof and left it behind, Well, this isn't the reason he left it behind. That was an accident and had DNA on it, which will probably be enough to convict him, and they're gonna shoot him. So more on that later, the death penalty. But he had the screwdriver, he had taken apart the rifle so he could carry it in two parts in his pants to get up there, and then had to reassemble it, so that.
Speaker 3: Makes sense, and then he left it behind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you'd probably be in a little bit of a panic when you'd just taken someone's life. All right, God dang it, how anybody does that? Okay, let's find out what's going on headlines with Katie Green.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll start with Breitbart.
Speaker 2: Older man initially arrested after Charlie Kirk shooting confessed to distracting police from the real shooter.
Speaker 1: I saw this story. We've got to go into the details on this. How weird, and that is going to help conspiracy people think that this was more than just a lone gunman. Who would have those thoughts immediately? It was me. It was me to distract the police to help somebody get away. I mean that, who would think that?
Speaker 2: Well, a guy who, within further investigation, was also just busted for possessing and distributing child porn obvios.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's all kinds of crazy. But that's still say. More on that coming up. That's a heck of a story from ABC.
Speaker 2: The Federal Reserves set to unveil its latest decision on.
Speaker 3: The level of interest rate.
Speaker 1: I call him too late. He's like talking to a chair.
Speaker 3: From The New York Times.
Speaker 2: Israel pounds Gaza City as fears mount for hostages and those inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure, and the chance of getting the hostages out alive is very very low. The problem is, after all of this time, Israel's made the determination, and I think they're right. They ain't get the hostages back alive anyway, and they.
Speaker 3: Think there's still twenty that are a lot. Wow.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 3: From NBC.
Speaker 2: Four arrested after photos of Trump and Epstein projected onto Windsor Castle during President's UK visits.
Speaker 1: I saw that so Joe was in England and found this out. Epstein is a bigger story there in London than it is here in the United States, really because of Prince Andrew and everything like that. Oh yeah. One of the reasons they're keeping Trump away from crowds is there's concerns there's gonna be all kinds of people screaming. Epstein questions at him.
Speaker 2: From CNN, More families sue character AI developer alleging app played role in teams suicide and suicide attempts.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is wild. I haven't had conversations, and maybe I should just to check it out. I haven't had like heart to heart conversations with the with the chatbots I have. It feels weird you.
Speaker 2: Have, I have, and it's it's very personable.
Speaker 1: Like you feel like you're talking to somebody. Yeah, it passes the Turing test. It seems like a human.
Speaker 3: Roh.
Speaker 2: And you know to a kid, I mean, I'm thirty six years old to a fourteen year old, that's a human.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: From The Washington.
Speaker 2: Post, Jerry leaves Ben and Jerry's saying parent company silenced his activism.
Speaker 1: I saw that. Man. Those ice cream dudes are crazy. Their politics are nuts. The ice cream is delicious.
Speaker 3: His quote goes it's about more than just ice cream. All right, No, it's not. You're an ice cream company.
Speaker 1: Just be a non important hippie there in Vermont.
Speaker 2: Go Thank you from Study Fines Beauty Sleep isn't a myth. Neurologist explains how rest can keep your skin youthful.
Speaker 1: I don't doubt that. That's why I look like the way a lizard. That's why I look like a lizard. Not enough sleep.
Speaker 2: And finally from the Babylon Bee Satan blowing up as top influencer on Blue Sky.
Speaker 1: So a bunch of those stories we need to fill out, especially that old man who distracted the cops, and he did a good job of it. I mean that that had all the attention there in the first fifteen twenty minutes. If you were following the assassination on Twitter, would you come up with that off the top of your head? Or was he working with the numb nuts a lot on the way. I hope you can stay here. If you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Armstrong and Getty. You can't lecture me.
Speaker 4: You can tell her Tiget.
Speaker 1: But I am, mister chairman, not afraid of you. Verbal fireworks on Capitol Hill today as FBI.
Speaker 5: Director Cash Pattel took incoming criticism from both sides of the aisle.
Speaker 1: He saved your plates pretty full.
Speaker 5: I would urge you get with your people and if you think you need more people, now's the time to do it.
Speaker 1: Will you look, I will look, sir. So that's a little bit of the hearing yesterday that had the FBI Director Cash Pattel there in front of some Senate and that was Senator Corey Booker yelling you can't intimidate me or fright me or I'm not scared of you or whatever it was. He said, I wasn't paying attention. And we'll have more of that one because that was pretty fiery a little bit later. But we've got a different one to feature this segment. I forgot I came across this. There continues to be a lot of blowback around the horrifying assassination for people who are either cheering it on or taking odd views on it. Former Batman Michael Keaton got the rough edge of the internet yesterday as he was given a speech somewhere where he said the irony was he was killed with a gun, and that is unbelievable because he believed in the Second Amendment and people's right to own a gun. I do not get how that is ironic. What is that?
Speaker 3: It's nothing?
Speaker 1: It's nothing. It's a nothing, unless unless you're taking some sort of absolutist you think there's a world we could live in where nobody had guns, I mean a deer rifle. Nobody has ever even considered the idea that we're gonna outlaw deer rifles, which is what was used to kill poor Charlie Kirk. So I don't, I don't even. I don't even. I don't what is your point? I guess it makes you sound you feel like that makes you sound enlightened or cool around this issue.
Speaker 2: I don't know well, and these people are unhinged. You know, you know who Jennifer Coolidge is. She was Stiffler's mom, an American pie. Okay, yeah, she's great. She is such a wonderful person. I've actually had the privilege of meeting her. What these people are doing is they're going to all of their favorite celebrities and seeing who they follow. And Jennifer Coolidge followed Charlie Kirk's page every single post on this woman's Instagram right now is flooded with comments.
Speaker 3: You followed Charlie Kirk, You're a Nazi, and it's like, ah, yeah, they're unhinged.
Speaker 1: Wow. And part of it is the belief of and I definitely think this is mostly the Left, that the real world is online. That's where everything important occurs is in the you know, the direct messages of Twitter people or Blue Sky people, and that is not where the real world is. But right, okay, we'll have more on that a little bit later. So back to the hearing yesterday with the FBI director. There, these things always devolve into shouting matches, with people talking over the top of each other. I don't know if anything is ever accomplished in these hearings. As I've pointed out many times before, and this is true, each congressperson, senator, their goal is to get on the evening news in their state or district looking like a hero, and that's that's there's really no attempt to accomplish anything beyond that. But anyway, Adam Schiff, who I'm embarrassed to say is my one of my US senators. Here in one last hold on, hold on, uh, here's Adam Scheff Scheff. He is one of the senators here in the state of California, and I think he is a absolute, complete, top to bottom fraud. And they had just got into the discussion of why was g dog Gislaine Maxwell moved from a real prison to a phony prison, which is a question I actually have, But he is talking to the FBI director about it, and then it started to go off the rails.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you one last question, and that is, right after she gives this testimony front of an FBI agent, among others, she's transferred to a minimum security prison not suitable for a sex offender like herself.
Speaker 3: Who made that decision and why.
Speaker 1: The Bureau of Prisons, the.
Speaker 6: Bureau of Decisions made it in prisons, The Bureau Prisons decided on their own, without any consultation with Blanche or anyone else, that they were gonna suddenly, after this interview, completely unrelated to this interview, completely unrelated to anything she said, move her to a prison not suitable for a sex offender.
Speaker 1: You want the American people to believe that?
Speaker 6: Do you think they're stupid?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I think the American people believe the truth that I'm not in the weeds on the everyday movements in what I am.
Speaker 7: Doing is protecting this country, providing historic affairs, and I'm batting the weaponization of intelligence by the likes of Europe. And we have talentlessly proven you to be a lawyer in Russia Gate in January sixth, brought to ever since the United States Senate.
Speaker 1: I have disgrace to this, Michael, just because my head's gonna explode. We'll get back to this for a second. But they're so pointless, Oh they really are. We need to figure something out. Maybe they should do it. It should be written you you, you send questions and then they send a written response, and if we all want to read the questions response, we could do that. That might actually be a pretty good idea because it would it would eliminate all the showmanship and the talking over each other and all that sort of stuff. Now, I actually am very interested in the why did you get moved to the lesser prison? And whose idea was that? And everything like that, But what in the FBI director He doesn't have anything to do with it, and then he turns it into Russia Gate and all that sort of stuff, which Adam Shift was the greatest proponent of and as a complete fraud, as I already said. But let's get back to them talking at the same time.
Speaker 6: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 7: You continue to lie from your person and put on the show so you can go raise money for your charade.
Speaker 1: You are political buffoon at best.
Speaker 8: Oh well, you can take the FBI protected the state and citicize California Historic.
Speaker 1: Order.
Speaker 4: But all you care about is a child sex predator that was prosecuted by a prior administration and the Obama Justice Department and the Biden Justice Department did squad?
Speaker 3: And what did President Trump do?
Speaker 7: Bring new charges courageously?
Speaker 1: And what have we done?
Speaker 7: Transparent FBI director in history thirty three thousand pages of information to you, I challenge you to say anything credibly.
Speaker 1: To the truth. Go ahead and run to the cameras where you want to go next. Both of you'll be quiet. Both of you be quiet, said the one hundred and five year old Grassley of Iowa.
Speaker 2: I just bang that gavel, dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I don't know. I don't know how we break out of these hearings that turn into this all the time. Now, Cash Mattel making a good point there, that needs to be made over and over. I would prefer he makes it calmly. But the Obama administration had this information. The Biden administration had this information. If you wanted to do anything as a bunch of Democrats around Epstein, you had the chance. If there's any there there, you could have released it at the time. The whole Epstein thing, I don't get it at all, but I guess so at some point, maybe we don't have that or maybe it doesn't work for audio. They Shift wouldn't stop talking. So Grassley, who is the senior member there in the chair of the committee, had the ability to turn off Adam Shift's microphone. So Adam Shift's microphone was turned off for a while. Or maybe that's what was going on there. Is that why Hanson? Is that okay? So that's why Patel was going on and on and Shift stopped talking. Ship's microphone got turned off beautiful by the chair.
Speaker 2: Now, while these things are stupid, I do appreciate the political buffoon line.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and if we could isolate that, I thought that was really cool. You are a buffoon and the Ship said, well, his response was, well, hell, I didn't know what to say to that exactly. I'm a phone, am I. I guess that's the advantage of it being in the majority, so that it's your party that holds the little microphone button, because obviously you could have turned off either one of their microphones or both their microphones there when they're shouting over each other, but they turned off poor Adams Shift's microphone. Finnest neck I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yes, Michael, you didn't say no when you know he's asked that question.
Speaker 1: He just kind of went, well, are you a bufore me? You know you got it like you caught me. Yeah, caught me, befu you dead. You caught me with my buffoonery. There's my buffoonery that gave me away. I had another point to make. What was it? When you get to be old, your points flit out of your head now and then I think a ton and yelling each other and the FBI Adam Shift in his thin neck and not.
Speaker 3: A long hitter, Mike being turned off, Mike.
Speaker 1: Being turned off. I know I had a point. I don't it'll come back. It'll come back eventually. Whether we get anything out of those hearings, I really don't know. Maybe the point will pop it into my head while I'm talking about Price Picks, which you should get into if you have strong sports opinions, and if you're a sports fan you do. You've got opinions. Put your money where your mouth is. Make money off of your opinions with Price Picks. It's a simple way to play. First, you download the app and then you just pick more or less on between two and six player stat projections. You look at what their stats are projected to be for the you know, the weekend big game Sunday night or whatever, and you think, oh, he's got to catch more passes than that, or fewer or whatever. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Prize Picks is the best way to get in on the action on sports, and more than forty plus states, including California, Texas, and Georgia win cash from your opinions. Download the app today and use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup Prize Picks. It's good to be right, and there's some exciting games going on this weekend, and Joe Burrow is out for weeks for the Bengals, which really really sucks if you're a Bengals fan. So we got the Corey Booker and Cash Mattel's screaming at each other. We'll separate that by a couple hours because I can only take so much of that. I do want to hear the Cory Burker version, but I can't hear them back to back, so we'll separate that with some other stuff. We got some good guests coming up throughout the show to talk about a whole bunch of different things. Lahy Chen a little bit later, who knows more about California politics than anybody I know, talking about that ridiculous referendum that Gavin Newsom is trying to get going in November to redistrict right. That's his attempt to take on Texas's redistricting. It's really Gavin Newsom's attempt to raise his name and face above everybody else to be the Democratic nominee. To that point, Governor Josh Shapiro Pennsylvania came out and gave a speech yesterday guaranteed that's funny. The first thing I thought when I saw Josh Shapiro on one of the cable news channels given a speech yesterday, and he was talking about the political discourse in this country and how we need to tone it down. And remember some nutjob tried to burn down his house while he was in it, him and his wife. That was a horrible story. It could have been really horrible. Anyway, The reason he gave that speech yesterday was he's like, Newsom's getting all the attention. I need to raise my profile a little bit. Gavin Newsom is going to get his hind end kicked on November fourth, because that prop he's pushing is polling horribly, even among Democrats. But we'll talk about that with a couple different people. And the prospects for Gavin Newsom of being the nominee and running against Trump in his third term or whatever it's going to be. Please. So the story of the old man who pretended he was the shooter to draw the attention away from the actual shooter. The details on that are interesting, and I just I don't know if I'm buying it. That's coming up next. Stay tuned.
Speaker 7: You are political buffoon at best.
Speaker 9: Well, guys, the stock markets has hit a record high, and there are a lot of interesting reasons why stocks go up or down.
Speaker 1: I'll show you what I mean. It's time for stockwatch.
Speaker 9: First, up, the Spirit Halloween stock is up because they just got a fresh shipment of Philly's Karen and Coldplay couple costumes.
Speaker 1: Here's another.
Speaker 9: Venmo stock is down because anyone who says all venmo U after brunch is a lying bass. And finally, Cracker Barrel stock is holding SETI because they're afraid to change anything.
Speaker 1: Ever again, noelb to move. If you're a woman, Philly Karen is a pretty good costume. If you're like a middle aged woman, that's a good and it's easy to throw together. That's what we're all looking for, right, something really easy. Absolutely, so you throwing a hat. This is before I get to real important stuff. This is the kind of headline that I miss back when Joe and I before the world went crazy like ten years ago or whatever it was, and we would like be scrambling to find things to talk about. This is the sort of thing that would make the news. American tennis star Taylor Townsend has apologized from the bottom of her heart for making disparaging comments about Chinese food. See that's the sort of controversy we need in this world. Yeah, American tennis star bad mouths Chinese food good or bad? Upper down? How outraged are you? So? This is a little from ABC News last night and their report on the latest with the scumbag killer.
Speaker 10: The man accused of gunning down conservative activist Charlie Kirk in front of hundreds of people, appearing before judge for the first time, now charged with seven counts, including aggravated murder. Prosecutors said they would be seeking the death penalty.
Speaker 1: So on the death penalty. They have the firing squad there in the Utah. So gotta believe that a guy who shot another guy to death standing there and getting shot to death himself would be I wouldn't mind seeing it go out that way. Here's the part that angered people from ABC News. We have seen an.
Speaker 10: Alleged murder with such specific text messages about the alleged murder weapon, where it was hidden, how it was placed, what was on it.
Speaker 1: But also it was very touching in a way that I think.
Speaker 5: Many of us didn't expect, a very intimate tortrait into this relationship between the suspect's roommate and the suspect himself, with him repeatedly calling his roommate, who was transitioning, calling him my love and I want to protect you, my love.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's worse hearing it than in print. In print, I thought, yeah, that's kind of a weird angle to take, but hearing it, it was really touching. Yeah, that's not the focus of the story. That's a weird way to look at that. You got a guy who at that point had he just killed Charlie Kirk. Was this just before? It depends on which text you're looking at, but you gotta a murderous scumbag. Let's not get into how touching his romance was with his boyfriend girlfriend. That's weird. That's a weird thing to do.
Speaker 3: That's just they're just reaching at this point.
Speaker 1: I'll get into those texts a little bit later because they are kind of interesting. So a story that we've already alluded to, more of the details on it, and it's weird. If you were following this on Twitter, which is the way to follow all news stories. If there's a big story that breaks the news and you're flipping on cable TV or looking at the new York Times, you're going to be hours behind getting information. You can get information immediately on Twitter. Now you have to be careful because a lot of it turns out to be fake or wrong, but the really information is usually in there somewhere if you dig hard enough. There was a video of an old guy being held down on the ground by cops and looked like maybe being cuffed. That came out Wow, within moments of Charlie Kirk being shot. That I saw on Twitter right and thought, okay, wow, they got the old guy. He was right there. And then it was later announced to know this person had been let go. Oh, and it's like, okay, boy, that was a heck of mistake. A poor old guy. How did that happen to him? Well, this is how it happened. I'm reading from the New York Post version. This guy named George Zinn, elderly rabble rouser who allegedly hindered Utah authorities, was being charged with the number of things yesterday, including child porn. Don't get confused by the child porn. That's a separate thing. It's awful, he's a scumbag, but that's a separal thing. This seventy one year old man started yelling, I did it, I did it. I'm the shooter, right, I mean, immediately after Charlie Kirk gets to the bullet in the neck and goes over backwards and dies right, he was taken into custodeer. They grabbed him right there, and then eventually he fessed up to not being the shooter and said that he was just trying to He actually said that he was just trying to help the shooter get away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which means authorities went all hands on deck with this guy, right, the actual the other scumbag, the actual killer got away.
Speaker 1: Now, they grabbed his phone, you know, because they thought he had done it. And when they were going through his phone, they found all kinds of childborn picks. And now he's going to prison for that because he's a childborn wordo. But is it even conceivable? So he obviously did not like Charlie Kirk. He was somebody who was there to like hate watch Charlie Kirk. Is it even conceivable? It'd be like if I went to I don't know, I don't know what to be in a good example of some lefty pundit who I can't stand, and I just wanted to see what they had to say. But is it even conceivable that he was there? A shot rings out, Charlie Kirk goes over backwards and he immediately thinks, I know what I'll do. I'll yell it was me, I'm the shooter, so that the person who did it can get away. I just find that very difficult to believe that anybody, especially a seventy one year old man, would have the presence of mind to up with that plan immediately with one second's notice.
Speaker 2: That that's his knee jerk reaction is to start yelling that.
Speaker 1: That just seems unlikely.
Speaker 2: Now I'm seeing this guy is known for being kind of a rabble rouser at political events and whatnot. He's actually had run ends with authorities. But because of this, but something's up here, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's just well, like I said, it just seems unlikely that you would have those thoughts immediately like that, and I guarantee it helped scumback get away. Now, obviously he didn't get away get away, but get away in the moment. If everybody's attention was on that guy, that's very, very weird, and certainly he's going to fuel conspiracy theories Forever Armstrong and Getty