Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break? Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Absolutely ready for a break?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 4: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 5: Hello, guys, welcome back to another episode of the Break, presented by al G LG that said that with a weird accents like a LG like ginger.
Speaker 6: He turned.
Speaker 2: No, it's the Miami heat gear.
Speaker 6: You're three straight victories, baby, coming back Eastern Conference anyway.
Speaker 5: Anyways, Well, Derek is out of office today, but we have Nick, we have Brian and Tommy who has been on the show before, and most of y'all should have no.
Speaker 2: Threat today by Ambar, I don't do threats.
Speaker 5: I don't do threats, but happy to have you here filling the spot. Nick is happy. He doesn't see you very often.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 6: We've done together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so it is.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 7: It might be the second, but might be maybe I don't remember that important I remember are for.
Speaker 5: Those who don't know you want to share that life?
Speaker 6: Yeah, whenever I left, I recommended Tommy. Tommy was good enough to get the job as as I expected in now our roommates, so yeah, me and Tommy LinkedIn bird.
Speaker 2: Is somebody watching your guy's house? Now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Girlfriend, who were just talking right before the show about all the breakings and it's crazy football and f L player houses.
Speaker 6: Apparently.
Speaker 5: The last thing I saw is that they're conducting some kind of investigation to see if this is all related in some kind of bigger scheme or something.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but it's apparently a part of an organized crime ring out of South America, and Roger Goodell that he was speaking at the league meeting on Wednesday, and they're working with the FBI to try and figure it out. But it's crazy.
Speaker 2: As we're rolling down there playing opening games in South.
Speaker 6: America, Yeah, exactly, as they're going to Brazil, they're like, what's this NFL thing A lot make.
Speaker 2: A lot of money doing over there.
Speaker 5: It's good this locked up, Well, hopefully it gets taken care of, because not, really, that's really unfortunate and scary.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, not at all.
Speaker 5: Well, no, but hey, you know, I don't know what. Yes, all right, cowboys versus Panthers. I wanted to start off with just kind of what we do on every Friday, just a quick report over v on injuries and where the cow is currently stand. As far as the injury front, Nick, do you have that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's nothing too notable to look at going into the week. I think everything that's on the injury report is pretty much expected at this point. So Cooper Beebe still did not practice yesterday with that concussion. If he cannot go, it's gonna be brock Off Min at center, and then t J Bass at right guard, and then Buddy Johnson missed practice yesterday with an illness. I'm sure we'll learn a little bit more today as far as potential game status for him. Eric Kendricks did not practice. The streets are saying he had a baby, so shout out to Eric Kendricks. I don't think he's in threatening to miss the game or anything. Overshown obviously didn't practice. He's out for the year. One Yea Thomas did not practice. I think he's gonna miss this week. And then Nick Vigil he hasn't really been practicing for the last few weeks, but he's still been playing. So I still expect him to go on on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have my initial shock of looking at the injury and just seeing the amount of linebackers listed on there. I mean, over shown we know, and some of these other players we know as well their current status, but just seeing so many known names at the linebacker position they're just listed is just it's crazy. And we've talked about it on the show heading into this game, and we had a whole analysis breakdown scouting report from the team both sides of the ball as we summarize everything, and something that Derek has been talking about. We talk about a team of the Panthers that when you break it down by sections, they're not really that great, but then they've been coming up with these games where they've made it competitive and challenging for opposing teams. So overall, what would you say is your general concern heading into this game that the Cowboys may face.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's Cuba Hubbard. I mean he is their offensive heartbeat. I went over a thousand yards for the season last week, and you mentioned them playing competitive but not necessarily finding a way to win.
Speaker 2: I don't think that.
Speaker 7: They've got that X factor guy who can win you a game. I don't think Bryce Young is there yet to where you can say like, Okay, Bryce is gonna make a game winning play and throw or throw it to this game winning type receiver.
Speaker 2: Like they have.
Speaker 7: Talented players like Lagette is a talented player. Tube is very talented obviously, but I don't think they have a guy you can be like, Okay, we need to lean on him to make the play for us to win the game. When we're playing a team like Kansas City, I playing a team like Philadelphia, but their ground attack has been you know, their bread and butter. That's where they're gonna lean on. That's what they're gonna lean on against Dallas. And you know you mentioned the linebacker injuries piling up. They're gonna need Eric Kendricks in this game to try and help in that second level to stop Chewba Hubbard. And you know whoever's alongside him, whether that be you know, Marris lea Fao. If Damne Clark sees some more snaps, now, that's going to be a really important part for the Cowboys in this game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the running game Chuba Hubbard obviously. An extension of that is the offensive line. We've talked about it many times this week about how those offensive lines really put it together as the year has gone on, even as they have battled in injuries, they've been really strong and creating running lanes and making it easy for Chuba Hubbar. They've only given up twenty two sacks on the season and pass protection, so they're making life a little bit easier for Bryce Young as well. And typically, whenever you find an offense starting to find their stride, you can nine times out of ten find the bread and butter of that in the trenches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of this game could be over in thirty minutes with the way both teams run the football. You know, Dallas doing a better job of that. I mean the clock. If you know, if you you know, Bill Vinovitch is your official. Bill's not going to call any penalties this thing. Yeah, you guys could be back on a plane.
Speaker 6: But not only that, but both these defenses are horrible at stopping them.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. It's just a matter of which team can be able to. You know, Carolina has had trouble finishing games. They have, They've had moments where they've had good halves, especially with Bryce Young, and then they just haven't been able to finish. But if I was either one of these offensive coordinators in this game, I'm thinking, Okay, yeah, maybe I could throw the ball on Carolina a little bit better, But man, both teams run defense wise is going to be a problem for that, you know. So I think this game, if if I'm Carolina, you know, I got to say, Okay, do I want to put it in my quarterback's hands or I don't want to put it in Tuba Hubbard's hands and let him, you know. And then the Cowboys on the other end of this, we've talked about Cooper Rush. You know, do you really want to put it in his hands? Even though Carolina's struggled with pass rush and covering people at times, but the most consistent thing you've have is running that football. So I to me, it's going to come down to can one team really do what they do best? And is the other is the opponent's defense good enough or can make a stop or two to kind of get them off the field and maybe give their offense back the ball. But it'll be interesting because, like I say, I think both both quarterbacks at times have looked good and then other times not so much. I think Carolina clearly has the advantage at quarterback in this game, even though he's a young guy. I think his ability there, his ability to run, yeah yeah, yeah, thank you, his ability to his ability to run and move around. He's doing that a lot more. This could be a problem for Dallas. Dallas has had to deal with quarterbacks that move around. It's been a little bit of a problem for them.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you guys this we talk about. This is a game where you can really lean en Rico Dowell and use their running attack and be successful at it. But at the same time, when you start looking at the Panther's secondary, you see some opportunities there as well, where you could maybe give Cooper Rush some sort of confidence back or have them have that passing game come into some sort of rhythm. Is that something that you would be willing for them to start doing in this game where maybe hey, yeah, we can run the ball, but also let's try to figure out passing attack, not just for this game, but moving forward for what's left of the season.
Speaker 6: I actually kind of did a deep dive on that this morning, just being okay, how of the Panthers defended the pass going throughout the entire season. They've only allowed one three hundred yard passer all season. Do you know who it is, Tommy, let me see it's Caleb Williams. Okay, but yeah, three hundred and four yards he had back. I think it was in Week six. But aside from that, I mean, we're talking Mahomes, We're talking Jalen Hurts only had one hundred and eight yards last week. I think teams identify and see the issues that they have stopping the run, yes, and they just commit to it and they have no reason not to. But if you're asking if it's an opportunity potentially for the pass offense, I mean yeah, I mean you're looking at it. They can't get pass rush home necessarily. It really comes from the from the interior, you feel good about what your interior looks like right now. And then in the secondary they have a couple of holes that allow some big plays at times. But I think I would just be committing to this run, Like, if they're trying to win the game, commit to the run. If they're trying to figure out what they have, then maybe fifty to fifty split.
Speaker 2: Yeah, attacking Mike Jackson the corner has been a good avenue for a lot of the teams. You're gonna throw the football, you know.
Speaker 4: J C.
Speaker 2: Horn has had people go after him, but the completion percentage is right at fifty percent. So I mean you're kind of taking it in you know, you're taking it in your own hands there if you do that. But I think you're absolutely right this their inability to stop the run, it just welcomes me. And they play they play at depth, and we mentioned about the amount of cushion that they play with. They off coverage kind of plays into Dallas's hands, slants, hitches, you know, in breaking routes, stuff like that. I think that that also, you know this, this this would be a good opportunity to I just think the best way to win this game is is load go, dabble up and just say, Okay, we're gon, We're gonna wear you down, We're gonna keep going, keep going, keep going, find a way to finish dribes with scores, you know, and then put that pressure on Bryce Young to have to to kind of follow suit with you on that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Brian took exactly what I was going to say about the off coverage they play at seventy five point eight percent of the time, which is the most in the league, and they're seven point two yards off the line of scrimmage on average, it's the second most in the league. So if they're giving you that much cushion, you've got a guy like Cidie Lamb who can get across and get over the middle. You know they You've seen them go to Cavante Turpin across the middle. Shot you can let him make a play. So this does not be This is not a game where Cooper Rush has to take over where Cooper Rush has to make complex throws or try to push the ball downfield. If they're giving you that cushion, you take it when you need.
Speaker 2: To throw the ball.
Speaker 5: Hopefully they can take advantage of that because I think they need to find some sort of confidence back in that passing game. Switching subjects a little bit. I know, Derek, yesterday they wanted to bring up the whole special teams play that occurred last week with or.
Speaker 6: Just confidence or something like that.
Speaker 5: Close enough, But when you look at certain plays that have occurred the season, has special teams become a liability?
Speaker 6: It's been a roller coaster, I'll tell you that. Because at times it helps you. At times it helps you dramatic dramatically, and then I think at other times it hurts you a lot. But yeah, I think the Washington game is a perfect microcosm of that because you saw so many mistakes on special teams and so many positives on special teams within like a five minute span. But I it's it's definitely been a roller coaster on special teams this year. And you know this coaching staff, and however things are shaken out going into next year. I I wonder what the job evaluation will be a John Fossil at the end of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that this is where this is where I appreciate Mike McCarthy but also blame him because I do appreciate the fact that he allows his coaches to coach. That's understandable. But here I am I'm going to stay on the flip side. That guy needs to be under control. The Fossil needs to be a little bit more. It's just so passionate, well it needs he There needs to be a little bit more checks and balances with what goes on over there, you know, with that side, and you've got a dynamic returner in Turpin the first the first punt return that they had in the game the other day could have been a touchdown if Ao gets a block. I mean, it's a weird dynamically. They have three guys blocking on one and they don't get Hudson the tight end who makes the tackle. If they get that block, then it's you know, so then now you have this euphoria of wow, you return to punt for a touchdown, and then maybe later in the game, well, whoa, we just blocked the punt and now they got the ball back kind of thing. But it is it's been that way. But I think you, I think guys like that need to be managed and need to be checked more. You know, there's a little too much loose play going on with or or his ability to say, okay, let's do this, let's try let's I understand confidence in your coaches. But that's one of those ones where I think that they They've had too many plays this year where things have been a little bit in question, like okay, why would you do Even even the owner general manager came out after the game like why would you why would you think about doing that? Why would you try and block the punt? And then they trying to explain and all that, and Jerry has to kind of come back and say, Okay, I understand better now. But we were all thinking, you know, are they are things being you know, Mike was talking about today in a show with one O five to three attention to detail, we coach up things and all that. Are you really coaching up things when you have mistakes like that? You know, those are huge mistakes in games, and you just kind of under you know, is that all being conveyed from the classroom to the field with the with the staff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they are big mistakes, and you know, special teams naturally is kind of that phase of the game where I think John Foss said it was the wild wild West, and it is just he's part of it.
Speaker 2: Is Yeah he's the cowboy or yeah last yeah, yeah, he's coming to the OK Corral with guns blazing. You know, yeah, it is.
Speaker 7: It is a wild phase just because of you know, the the roller coaster part of it where you can be at the highest of highs and then one play later you're at the lowest of lows and it loses you a game, right, you know, I think I agree with Brian there are some calls, I think are decisions that have been made where I think, like McCarthy needs to say, hey, that's probably not a good not a good idea to do it right now. I think to the fake punt in Atlanta, when they're in you know, they're deep in their own territory, and I understand that things don't typically line up the way that Atlanta had presented it. But at the same time, you know, you're in a close ballgame and I just don't know if you if you still want to give that something like that up. But in the same respect, you know, when when you're talking about these mistakes that they've made, some of the mistakes have been one on a return for a touchdown which was one Yay Thomas against Washington that ended up icing them the game, and two.
Speaker 8: On a block punt that could have won you the game.
Speaker 7: You just kind of had a bad break to be to be honest, you know, Nick Vigil does exactly what he's supposed to do. The gap that was supposed to be blocked wasn't. So you go and you shoot the gap, you blocked the kick, and then Amani Oruari just whether it be he didn't know whether you know, whatever mistake it was.
Speaker 2: I mean, that.
Speaker 7: Doesn't make it any more excusable. But at the same time, you know they're doing some things well. Now, whether you think there's a good enough balance of good and bad, that's going to be part of the decision making, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I buy. I buy the the the reason though with Ao and the vice and the blocking on the other side, that that to me is a that's that's okay. I agree, guys blocking on the edge, they've knocked the guy to the bench. They're playing with their backs to the ball. Maybe they don't hear the you know that you get you know, when you're when you get a block punt or a block field goal or whatever, and you don't hear it, and now the ball is rolling around and you have no idea what's going on. I think this is one of the one of the when you talk about bad breaks. If that happens towards the Cowboys bench, nobody touches that ball, nobody touches that Cincinnati's standing on the sidelines like going, oh god, we just had a punt blocked, and nobody's saying a damn word. And then you got, you know, you got Turpin running forward trying to scream and you know, lea foul, waving his arms and no, you know, it happens so fast. But if that's along the Dallas sidelines, everybody's screaming, Peter, Peter, Peter, get away, get away. And now everybody comes to their senses of like, oh, that's not a live ball.
Speaker 6: You know, would you would you tackle a teammate? Would you just like close?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, absolutely, you know, yeah you would, And I've seen it happen. Sorry, but it's so funny and this is just so how this is how crazy that play was. The guy that let the guy that let Nick Vigel block the punt recovered the ball. So the dude that made the complete blunder of allowing the play to even start ended up recovering the.
Speaker 6: Ball, rookie linebacker too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so now you're like, ah, what you know, you go from being like, oh my god, I just might have lost this game to wow, just saved it first down. But they it was a it was a huge, you know, huge break for Cincinnati that that ball ended up on their sidelines, because if it's on Dallas's sidelines, Dallas is probably gonna get that ball kick a field gold and get out of here with a win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, let's take our first first break. When we come back. We got the YETI segment where we're gonna play a little game after the break.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure five.
Speaker 10: G requires compatble plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com Slash five G for you forty deals.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free.
Speaker 2: Five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 11: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take fives, stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: From the field to the festivities. Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Star and Frisco or online at lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 13: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot com. Check it out today. Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back to the break, lgoled evo is the best TV in the game, but don't take our word for it. Digital trend said the LGOLEDG four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. Brian see for yourself at LG dot com slash O Ledevo.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Nick. We'll time back to the second segment and now we have this segment presented by YETI Officially licensed YETI Cowboy gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot com. All right, for our game, this is gonna be just completely random and just for the fun of it, is just you're gonna tell me the best of blah blah blah blah blah. So first one, best tailgate food.
Speaker 6: We gotta start with Brian here. Oh my gosh, I'll tell you what. I can't eat it anymore. But bu dan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you don't want me to describe what budan is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you probably don't want to describe it. It's just good though. We'll leave it there.
Speaker 2: You know what I I've always man, this is such a great question because there's so many really good tailgates, and depending on what time of the year, you know, the food choices you have, like you do not want to be eating chili in September early September of the game, but or Jumbalaya or you know, Crawfichet two fair or anything like that that I'm used to like eating in a tailgate. I've always felt like that sliders are really really really good at a tailgate because you're not just completely just in big time, just I'm just having a massive burger and then yeah, and then then you feel and then you're you're drinking and you're like you're just overwhelmed. Yeah. I kind of feel like though that it's a it's it needs to be something kind of small and then you can kind of eat more of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, kind of a deal nolies at your tailgate.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm more I'm more into like the the brats and Italian sausages than I am say Nathan's hot dogs or something like that. I think if you're bringing hot dogs, you're kind of half ass.
Speaker 6: In it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if.
Speaker 5: You know some brought wars, Yeah those are you see.
Speaker 2: That I'm saying you could go get you could go get a like you could get like a like you go to a butcher shop and get them, you know, get real like brats and Italian sausages and sweet sausage and stuff like that. If you're just bringing a pack of hot dogs, you are you know. It's it's kind of like the guy or gal that shows up at the tailgate with just a six pack and it's like, you know, you've got a group of people and you're kind of like going, you're just gonna drink those for yourself, you know, don't don't show up like empty handed. At least always bring a bag of ice too. Is another thing if you can't bring anything. But yeah, if I think I go on the high end of things, try and be a little bit better. You know, make somebody responsible for the dips, make somebody responsible for the specific kinds of buns, make somebody, you know, give everybody responsibility. Your tailgate will be so much better. But I kind of like the sliders because I don't want to sit there and eat like a massive sandwich, pull pork something like. That's really really good too.
Speaker 6: I went to a Penn State game earlier this year and they had great chili. One of these tailgates late season. I have no idea, I really late season game. Oh late season. No, No, it was cold.
Speaker 2: It was cold.
Speaker 6: It was like late September, but it was cold.
Speaker 2: There you go that to me that now you're now you're giving it some thought to me. I kind of I kind of think like if you want to do something lighter or when it's when it's hot. Yeah, you just don't want to blow people away with like a bunch of heavy food. Absolutely when yeah, I give this some thought. Yeah, I do not. I do not like I say, I take. I take responsibility for you know, people do chicken wings and stuff like that, smoked chicken wings and stuff. You always got to think about. You're standing up and eating right, you're not sitting down and eating so at tailgates. You gotta be plates balancing, you're holding drinks. Yeah, let me right, let me, let me give you one more real quick amber. I know I'm gonna make this thing. If you're playing, Like, if you're thinking about going out there early and it's a three twenty five kickoff, but you're gonna get out there like five hours early, do this, do a brunch and then do then do one before you go in, so you have like kind of brunchy food to start and then like everybody's kind of drinking drinking now you're like, then hit them with the yeah, whatever your main course is. And I would do that at home. If you're watching a Cowboy game and it's one of those you know it's one of those seven fifteen games, brunch, that thing hit them in the second game and then boom, go into your game.
Speaker 6: You nap in the car for you to.
Speaker 2: Brunch that thing. Brunch that thing right off the homemade homemade, homemade sweet rolls, stuff like you mean, you know, like pigs in the blanket, ham sliders, whatever, you know. Just brunch that thing right off.
Speaker 7: The business tailgate with you like tomorrow and I love, I love.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I I wish I could do. I've never done this at a tailgate, but I'd love to do a crawfish boil at a tail gate.
Speaker 6: Would that'd be difficult?
Speaker 2: That's a lot of but that's the messy Well, it's not really. It's the hard part is getting rid of the because you're cooking in a in a hundred gallon pot. So you got you know, you got all that spice, that water juice. You really don't have any place to dump that fair You got to kind of carry it somewhere and then like look around and gotta go. We got it right over here.
Speaker 6: Jerry pays for power washers in that parking.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then yeah, but I would love to do a crawfish boil in it before a game in a in a you know, or shrip boiled. People might not like crawfish or shrip boil. I tell you what, I'd love to steam like crab legs.
Speaker 6: Were barbecue scallops in there.
Speaker 2: No, I think if you're gonna tail gate, I think if you're gonna tailgate, you need to do it right.
Speaker 5: I realized this.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Next question, did you finger food for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That's the sliders, the chips, the wings and stuff like that you can stand up and eat.
Speaker 2: That that's home made dips. Home made dips if you're buying the stuff, and they can nothing against Freedom Lay or any of those people that make dips, but make it yourself, bring it homemade, homemade scratch all go to your house.
Speaker 5: The next one was food related as well, but I'm skipping.
Speaker 2: That, placing this game at the A, T and T. We'll do something, all right.
Speaker 5: Greatest Dallas Cowboys player of.
Speaker 2: All time Darren Woodson, in my opinion, my favorite player of all time, Darren Woodson, favorite.
Speaker 5: Or best, well, greatest, greatest, but the greatest player of all time.
Speaker 6: Oh man, this is.
Speaker 2: History.
Speaker 6: I would love to go Larry Allen here, and I think Larry Allen makes a lot of sense. But you have the all time leading rusher so Evan Smith, and that wrecker is never going to be broken. So I go Emmett.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that Darren Woodson's your all time leading tackler. Yeah. So he's my favorite cowboy of all. When we used to compete against him when I was in Green Bay, I was like, I'd bring him to the tailgate party. I mean, he was an empty but yeah, he he he did so much. He did so much. Yeah, and I and I'm the old enough to know, I've saw I saw Bob Lily play and every all the accolades that Bob Lily gets are absolutely correct, very true.
Speaker 7: I think those are two really good answers. So for the sake of getting a new one, I'll say, Roger Staalbach, that'd be.
Speaker 6: Fair short career Captain America ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 5: Best Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 6: Beyonce? You kidding me? Come on now, now, I'm joking. I actually liked Rihanna a lot too. Yeah, what was the one?
Speaker 5: And I was a little disappointed by Rihanna and I love her, but there were certain songs that I wanted to hear that I didn't hear.
Speaker 6: Her saying that's fair.
Speaker 2: I could I could old school this thing, could say like Bruce Springsteen for my era. But what was the one was that in Los Angeles where they had like the apartment setting and they had super Dog Doctor Dre Yeah, oh yeah, that was really okay. I would I think Bruno Mars is excellent too. By the way, for a halftime show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was gonna say the twenty twenty two one with Snoop Dogg Doctor Drek.
Speaker 2: Eminem was up there too. That one was really good. Was that the apartment one that was in La right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Am I right about the apartment? Yeah?
Speaker 6: They would like build like.
Speaker 2: A yeah, they each had a little little room. Yeah. Yeah, okay, I'm.
Speaker 6: Excited for Kendrick. Let me tell you, yeah, that's gonna be fun. All right.
Speaker 5: Who's the coolest NFL player turned celebrity.
Speaker 6: Tonio Brown?
Speaker 7: Let me uh turn celebrity? Yeah, so not playing anymore and focusing like on movies or something like that.
Speaker 5: Just a known face, like someone that has made a name of them themselves after after their football.
Speaker 2: It's got to be. It's got to be Peyton Manning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is cool.
Speaker 2: Peyton Manning is like if you ever watched that Saturday Night Live skit where he's like he's working with the kids and he's throwing the ball and he gets the one kid he tells me goes sit in the porta John, get off the field. You know, he's like coaching the kids up how to steal a car, and I mean it's yeah him. My favorite one though is but he didn't play a long time, was a guy named Brian Bosworth, Oh the Boss. If you ever watched the Fanville episodes the Doctor Pepper commercials, he is hilarious in those. He's great. I think he's made a good little living doing tho, like being a little like man, I didn't know this dude can act, but he's really kind of funny in him.
Speaker 8: The one with the Queen.
Speaker 2: Quinn Yours are very good. Yeah, yeah, but it's commercial stuff. But I think Peyton Manny for he hosts like the Country Music Awards and he's doing all this stuff.
Speaker 6: Now, I've never met this guy personally, but just from people that have interacted with him and say he's one of the nicest humans ever. Is Michael Strahan, So I would I would love to be able to meet Michael Strahan, but someone i've met Isaiah standback. Come on, let's giveim love to our guy. He's the man facts, he's all right.
Speaker 7: I think if we're talking about celebrity wise like Linswer would be the rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I know there wasn't a lot of football playing there, but.
Speaker 7: No question football terms celebrity, I mean he's the he's the pinnacle of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean you tend to forget that he laid football. But yes, absolutely, let's go ahead and take our break. When we come back, I'll say a few more yes for the sake of playing a little longer. But I wanted to stay on schedule a little bit, so let's go to our final break and then we'll come back with some more.
Speaker 14: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than on an lg O lead Evo TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play.
Speaker 2: Every hit.
Speaker 14: I mean you might just will be on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: That's how clear it is.
Speaker 14: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black, over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 1: No one comes close.
Speaker 14: Lg O led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leedevo.
Speaker 3: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agen Turf offers a winning lineup of John Dere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary Deer Tractors, combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 6: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold doctor Pepper for everyone. The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 4: And we're going to overtime.
Speaker 14: Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 15: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bank of America dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. You chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure. And he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: Back to the break.
Speaker 6: At and T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the third segment of the break This segment is presented by blockchain dot Com. There we go, Thank you, Chris. Last question for this game, what would you say is the best football nickname? Examples Primetime, beast Mode, Megatron, best football nickname that you can think of.
Speaker 6: I don't know if this is the best one, but I'll let these guys think. Well, I mentioned this. So the the Carolina Panthers. They have a receiver, a rookie receiver named Jalen Coker, and he's he's kind of gotten some some love this year from from Carolina fans, and his fans are called cokeheads. I think that's really funny. I don't know if it's the best one, but I was just it was one that came to mind because I was doing research this week and that popped up and I was like, oh, that's hilarious.
Speaker 7: But anyway, this is an easy one for though, sweetness, Walter Payton, I'm gonna stay with the same team.
Speaker 2: I thought Refrigerator Perry was pretty good, pretty dard. He was so so big, you know, and they like William Refrigerator Perry, and I'm like, that's a good nickname.
Speaker 8: For a guy who wants to tackle a refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Nobody does. Who wants to play a refrigerator nobody does.
Speaker 5: Also, what an odd nickname, though, But there are so many other things you can think of.
Speaker 2: Now, that was the best. That was the best, all right.
Speaker 5: Now, jumping back to this weekend and this week CDI got a chance to talk to the media. Tommy, I know you were able to write a story on that and basically him talking about his reasoning of wanting to be out there and playing despite his injury. We know he's been dealing with the shoulder issue for almost I mean it's been a long time now, it feels like almost a whole season at this point. So what were some of his reasonings and reaction to that question?
Speaker 7: Well, at the end of the day, his motivation is to in the game, and that's what that's what he told us yesterday was, you know, at the end of the day, that's all you've got to do.
Speaker 8: That's all you step out on in the field to do, is to win the game.
Speaker 7: And so he mentioned to us a couple of times earlier this year that this is the most banged up he's played.
Speaker 2: In his entire career.
Speaker 7: Uh, and that tracks. I mean, he's had to shoulder a lot of the load for this offense. He's gotten a lot of touches, he's been you know, a lot of focus has gone to him, and so that that all tracks. But I think that you know, him being out there is a testament to his leadership and showing an example for these younger guys.
Speaker 2: And you know, he was talking.
Speaker 8: About, you know, where do you draw the line with.
Speaker 7: Trying to play through something versus you know, hey, it's probably better for me to sit out. So he said, if it's impeding what you do as far as contributing to the team and winning, I suggest you stay out because you don't want to embarrass yourself.
Speaker 8: Or put out bad tape or anything like that.
Speaker 7: But if you've got a chance to go out there and have an opportunity to withstand whatever pain you're dealing with, still be able to play at.
Speaker 8: A high level, then you're fine.
Speaker 7: And so I think him being out there and being the impact player that he is battling through that pain, it's a good you know, a good sign and a good way to lead without lead by example for these younger players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, we'll see what continues to happen. Hopefully we only have to survive.
Speaker 6: Four more games more, more, more and more.
Speaker 5: I mean they're not out of the.
Speaker 6: Plus I think season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I think the thing going back about with CD, I think that he realizes that he he is their best player on offense. Absolutely, he realizes that, and he he does his time. He does take a lot of pride in his going out there. He did sign a big contract, he held out. He has to show that, despite good or bad, he's got to be out there because we're gonna we're going to talk about the draft here coming up in another month, a lot of draft, and we're going to talk about wide receiver, and we're gonna and and these guys are going to make arguments about why they need a wide receiver very very early because some of the things that we thought were going to happen with this crew hasn't happened now CD is. I think CD's done his part. I think everybody behind CD is in question, and he knows that if he's not playing, there's probably a pretty good chance that they're not going to have any type of production. He's never going to say that, but I'll say it. You know they they are going to need wide receivers on this football team. They have one and that's him with a banged up shoulder.
Speaker 5: All right, Game day prediction, Nick, I start with you, what are you expecting to happen this weekend?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think they lean on the run and I think they come away with a win. I'm going to take the Cowboys here. I think the Carolina keeps it close. It's more of a low scoring type of fair maybe like a twenty four to twenty type.
Speaker 2: Boy you beat well, you same thing exactly, I think. I think it's I think Carolina is good in a lot is getting better. I don't think they're any good at defense. If Dallas runs the football. The offensive line has played really very well the last several weeks. I do I see that. The exact score I had in my head was I said it last night. Me and Bobby were talking, Bobby Belt twenty four to twenty Cowboys get a victory in Carolina.
Speaker 7: I think this is a little bit larger of a margin of victory for Dallas. I just think that their run defense has been much better. And we mentioned how sometimes Carolina can get a little bit one dimensional with Chuba Hubbard, and if that's the case, Dallas has shown that they can stop elite runners, you know, limited Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 8: You look at the season that he's having. So I think Dallas wins this one. Twenty eight to seventeen.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 5: I agree. I go with the Dallas win as well. But right before we end the show, are you guys expecting a lot a big of a drop off by not on the defense, by not having overshown in. I know there was a period during the season, I can't remember when exactly where who was that during with Mike.
Speaker 2: Cop being ol Kendricks was out.
Speaker 5: When Kendricks was out, we noticed like, wait, hold on, this linebacker group is struggling, So how are you expecting the defense to play in this game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think Kendricks being out for that Detroit game was more of a Hey, it's early in the season. This is the only guy that really knows the scheme like the back of his hand, and we don't have that guy on the field anymore. And you saw everybody just kind of all over the place during that game. I think it was more of a communication thing. I think with Overshown being out, you're looking at Marislea fel Now to take that step up, and he had a sack and a half in the fourth quarter whenever he took over for Overshown. Last week. We talked about on the Draft show about how he could be that third down situational blitzer at times, and those one and a half sacks came on third down. So definitely looked for him to have a similar type role as Overshown, and I saw him at practice yesterday working on pass rush moves with assistant defensive line coach Greg Ellis, so definitely taking more of a presence off the edge. I think you could expect Mary leaf Il to have and I see him assuming the exact same role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going to happen now is with no Overshown as your poor man's Michael Parsons, it's going to be about Lea Fel keep an eye on Donovan Wilson as a blitzer. I think that's where you saw that Leah Foul and Wilson had a half sack. I have a feeling the way that Zimmer's going to try and get around this. You probably won't see the explosive plays from Lea fol that you saw from Overshown, making tackles in the flat and stuff like that, but he's a good tackler. The thing about it will be, though, they got to figure out a little bit how to kind of get that pass rush going again. Leah Foul, Lawson, Wilson, those three guys going to try and make up for your loss and Overshown say that.
Speaker 6: Three times fast Leafel lost and Wilson.
Speaker 2: It's like a law fir Am minute it is.
Speaker 5: It is all right, Well that's all the time we had for today. Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: Talk about the tail getting so long. We probably hadn't I know.
Speaker 5: I know, I didn't know what you're I should have known better, Actually I should have known better.
Speaker 6: What's your dessert option?
Speaker 5: Oh no, we're in the show.
Speaker 6: Well we got like a minute left. One quick dessert.
Speaker 2: We're good, We're good. Go ahead, name.
Speaker 5: One are you do you have the ability cane you Are you capable of just naming one thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody needs to bring homemade cookies.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, great answer.
Speaker 5: Oh it's a little boring.
Speaker 2: No. If if you do cookies the right way, they're not boring.
Speaker 5: Milk on her milk.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you what, don't go don't go buy like chips. Ahoy, go make some cookies. Make them big, you know, put nuts, raisins, chocolate in them, maybe some.
Speaker 6: White shots, raises.
Speaker 2: No, I'll tell you what. Man, If somebody can make brownies too, that's another thing that's really good. Slice them up, put them on a plate. Here we go. I'm telling you. If you show up empty handed to tailgate, shame on you. There's a way to be creative in this.
Speaker 5: World or with your own person.
Speaker 2: You might not, you might not. You might not be creative on the offensive side of it here, but by god, you can be creative in life.
Speaker 6: All right, Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 5: We'll be back next week to tell you guys what went wrong? What went right with the Dallas Cowboys against the Carolina Panthers for Nick Harris, Brian Broadus, Tommy Yarish. Hopefully I saw your last name member Garcia. This has been the Break on dallascowboys dot Com Slash Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.