Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: This week on Prime Cuts, Chad Millman Sharper Square. He joins us from Europe. It's a very sophisticated Sharper Square. John Middlikoff on Kansas City's Big Flaw and Lincoln Riley doesn't fit in the NFL. John tells us why and my top takes of the week. Don't miss the action this weekend when the Indianapolis Colts and the New England Patriots head to Frankfurt for the Frankfurt Games in Germany. All right, these games air on the NFL Network and stream on NFL Plus For a limited time, Verizon customers can get Netflix and NFL Plus for just twenty five dollars a month. That's an annual savings of one hundred and twenty dollars. Plus Play is a platform where Verizon customers can shop, manage, save on subscriptions you already love like NFL Plus. With NFL Plus Premium, you get access to live games on mobile, NFL Red Zone NFL Network, which means you can catch games like the Colts and the Patriots in Germany at the Frankfurt Games. Just go to Verizon dot Com Slash Volume. Verizon dot Com Slash Volume to bundle and save before the games. This offer end soon again. Verizon dot Com slash the volume plus Play access included for Verizon postpaid Mobile, five G Home and lt Home subscribers. Exclusive savings available on select partner subscriptions. All products and services sold on plus Play require a separate subscription or purchase. Limited time offer offer only applies to new and qualified returning subscribers of NFL Plus Premium and newer existing subscribers of Netflix Premium. Not combinable with any other promos. Netflix and NFL Plus Bundle subscription twenty five bucks a month on applicable tax. Billing begins from time of activation of first service. Additional terms apply cancel anytime in plus play Managed dashboard Savings based on Netflix Premium and NFL Plus Premium monthly retail plan prices. The Buffalo Bills lost to the Bengals, a game in which I never ever felt after the first drive Buffalo would win. When I watched Buffalo, Greg co Sell talks about this all the time. They just call plays. There's not a lot of rhythms to their offense. I like their first drive in the second half for Buffalo, A lot they mixed it up tight end, wide receiver back. It felt like more than just calling plays. Cincinnati olways feels like it's a rhythm offense, and it feels like they have an offensive head coach. They get out of ruts very quickly. But you know, my first thought about Joe Burrow is he reminds me of a little bit of Joe Montana and a little bit of Tony Romo. He moves like Romo. But I can remember watching Joe Montana and this was, you know, long before I know was a talk show host and watching Joe Montana because I started in television. I didn't do this talk show thing until later in my career. Joe Montana. One of my takeaways from him is I could never quite figure out why Joe Montana was so great. Wasn't that big, didn't have a great arm. I just thought he was sort of situationally and this is very rare. He was better in crisis than he was in week five. He was better on fourth or third and three than he was on first and ten, just situationally excellent. Brady often had this, Michael Jordan had this, John Elway had this. But that's what I see with Burrow. He's almost a better quarterback in crisis. He's more laser focused, more intentional with his throws. You he'll sling one up occasionally, not a wasted throw, but an experimental up the sideline. You get him into third and four fourth down situations. He's just as good as they get. And he's got the romo movement with the accuracy and the situational kind of excellence of a Joe Montana. And you know, he doesn't move like Lamar hes not. He doesn't have the gun of Mahomes Herbert. He doesn't I don't think have the kind of the natural gifts at you know, fourteen years old that Trevor Lawrence had or and has. But Burrow just makes it look so easy all the time. Josh Allen's great. It doesn't look easy. There's effort. He puts on the Superman cape. He jumps over people, he's running past people, he's throwing it over people. It doesn't look easy for him. He's just excellent. But you know, and you know, with Buffalo, I just I don't. I feel like it's just they still. I've given up hope on the Buffalo Bills developing a good run game, defensive head coach, defensive head coach, and offensive lines don't go that well together. You know, if you look at the bottom of the NFL offensive line group to a lot of defensive coaches, the tops, a lot of offensive coaches. I've given up on running the football, so it becomes a very Josh Allen Stefon Diggs reliant And if you look at the Buffalo schedule coming up, this thing's gonna get uglier after Thanksgiving at Philadelphia at Kansas City, Dallas Chargers, New England at Miami. This was supposed to be the part of the schedule where they stacked up w's. I just don't think Zach Wilson has a feel for the game. Joe Burrows got obviously a great feel for the game. But some guys are just talented. They play the game. They don't think it. They play the game, they don't feel it. At quarterback, it's essential to feel the game right, and the good quarterbacks all have that ability. A lot of guys Johnny Manziel didn't love football. He just didn't love football. He didn't have a good feel for it. I don't think Zach Wilson has a feel for the game. So in the first half, he's running, he's scrambling, and he could have run for the first down, and instead he shovels it off and the back gets tackled and it was just a backyard play. You know, you do that flag football, hey school football. If you have any feel for the game, just keep the ball and run for a first down. And I don't think Zach has any feel for it. Troy Aikman, to his credit, was highly critical all night, and most analysts don't like to go there with athletes, especially on these big broadcasts a Sunday Night Football, a Monday Night Football, the big window game. You know, they know their words are listened to and they end up back in locker rooms. But Aikman, to his credit, has no patience for Zach Wilson, and he called him out multiple times. The very first pass of the game, Zach just has no feel for it, misses a layup. And by the way, I don't think Aikman would say that unless he's hearing that from the Jets, like he's very comfortable hammering on him. You can watch Saula's body language and exasperation throughout, and really the game came down very simply to this a special team's touchdown by the Chargers and Justin Herbert's ability on third down to pick up a handful of crucial first downs, and that's the game on the road. Sometimes it's just that simple. Keenan Allen with one of the catches of the year certainly helped to seal it. But I went back and looked at the NFL draft rundown on Zach Wilson tonight and as I'm just watching them scuff and struggle with everything, and you know, there was some obvious straints. He's got a good arms, some escapability. But if you just if you read that, it said boomer bust, potential decision making hero ball. I mean, it was all laid out. This is what scouts do professionally. I've leaned on him for years. They know what they're talking about. Now. Things didn't go perfectly. He has a defensive coach, the offensive lines not great. He really has one excellent receiver, Garrett Wilson, not much else. Alan Lazard still struggles to cat. So it's not like he's working with the components that a Mahomes would work with, or a Stafford with Sean McVay and Cooper Cup like I understand that, but you know, it just it really it just goes to show you that the margin, if you don't have a franchise quarterback, your margins are tiny. You have to play perfect football. You cannot surrender a special team's touchdown. You can't that seven nothing hole felt like twenty eight nothing for Joe Burrow, you know, twenty thirty nothing for Mahomes. It just felt like a massive hole you're digging your way out of. If you get a five yard delay of game penalty and it's now third and eight not third and three, it feels insurmountable. For Zach Wilson, the margins are so thin for air, so you have to play some perfect football. And I also think what happens is over the course of a season you're seeing it now, is that when you ask a defense to be the savior every drive, every quarter, every half, every game, they get discouraged. You're just asking guys to march out, make stop after stop after stop. And you get to about week eight, Week nine, Week ten, and even the Jets defense I think will dovetail a little bit here. I think it's just harder to ask guys to win every week. You know, It's like Lincoln Riley had to fire as defensive coordinator. I was talking to somebody in college football about that. I mean, you can't keep asking the offense to drop forty forty five and lose. You just divide a locker room. And so I don't believe Aaron Rodgers is going to come back. There's no point if you're out of the playoff race. If the Jets lose again a couple times in the next three weeks, what's the point of asking Aaron Rodgers to come back. Listen, go back to Week one. Aaron gets hurt. The fact that we're at this point in the season and there was some optimism around the Jets. It's kind of frankly surprising in a division where Miami looked Buffalo looked like real teams. Now they've both regressed. But I think you just go back to something. Really great players, really great quarterbacks. They make it look easy.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud sees the field so well, really good decision maker, a quick thinker. CJ sees it, delivers it. He is a quick thinker. Zach, it's laboring hard, doesn't see things quickly. Judgment is slow, and this is what you get tonight ugly. You know what, I bet Zach Wilson over Justin Herbert my bad. I deserve all of it. At least I stayed awake for it. I mean, you gotta give you some credit. I deserve some credit. I feel like Robert Sola right now, Jet fans just exasperating. Running the Volume has been really interesting because when I first took my swing at the Volume, my takeaway was I'm not going to pay myself. I'm going to get really good management. And so you know, I didn't. I don't take a check. I'm glad not to because we have a really good staff. So having been in this business for twenty five years, one of the things I really recognized is there's a sea of money. You can make money, but you got to get really good people. Because I've worked for most of my career with really good, really good management, really good producers, and I've watched people's careers who are really talented circle to drain because they have bad bosses. And so I think people just don't understand it is not an even playing field. I mean, if you go look at the NFC West, the Paul Allen Fund, Jody and Paul Allen fund are the second richest owners in this league behind the Denver Broncos new owners. So you have those owners, the York families loaded Stan Kronk's top six to seven owner in terms of net worth, and the Bidwells are some of the poorest owners in the NFL. So the revenue, the ability to just go buy players. Everybody thinks, well, everybody's got the same salary cap. Not everybody has the same money. There's a huge gap between what Arizona can spend and what the Rams, San Francisco and Seattle can spend. And I just don't think people understand is that the reason the Bears have been bad forever is they don't have good owners. They don't have wealthy owners. They don't have good owners. They have the oldest owner of Virginia McCaskey. In the entire NFL. It's not a dynamic, vibrant ownership group. And that's what holds everything back. I mean, just when they hired Matt Eberfluf, I mean, look around the league, look at the offensive coaches. Look at who is flourishing. It's overwhelmingly offensive coaches right now. Mike McDaniels in Miami looks like they have a chance if they can write the ship, win the division. And then there's you know, Zach Taylor and Joe Burrow surging. If not Cleveland offensive coach, Jacksonville offensive coach, Kansas City offensive coach. Then you go over to the NFC Dallas and Philadelphia offensive coach, Detroit Leeds their division offensive coach, NFC West could be Kyle Shanahan. They have the best team, I think, best roster offensive coach, So you know, and they what are the Bears do? I mean you're paying attention at all.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I you know, I just think sometimes we forget there's only so much you can do. The employees always get blamed for overwhelmingly for problems with productivity or performance at any company in America. You can't overcome lousy ownership. You just can't. That's why when I I built the volume, it was like I was going to go and find the best available people to run it. We have an incredible staff and it's made this voyage two and a half years much easier than I thought it would be. I don't have to overcome incompetence. I walk in every day. I just had a meeting today about some financials and about you know where we're headed, and it's just an It's so nice to work with smart people. Chicago has never once founded in nineteen twenty. They've never once had the best quarterback in the league, never in any decade, any era, arguably never in a single year. Jay Cutler's are all time passing leader. You can keep blaming all the coaches and the general managers, but it's a really dysfunctional organization. My wife wants us to live in Chicago, and I really do love it. Don't love their winners, but I love it. And I'm like, honey, I don't know if I can live in a city with that bad of an NFL franchise. I don't know if I can do it. It's under consideration, but I don't know if I can do it. In sports, the scoreboard doesn't always tell the complete story. The dad who happens to be a world class quarterback, untold tales of athletes you thought you knew, the heart racing, pressure for the heart, soul and survival of the multi billion dollar business of F one, Stories about college kids who were given a last shot, a last chance at redemption. David Beckham's meteoric rise, not only as a global soccer superstar, but becoming a pop culture icon. Upsets, injuries, come from behind victories. You're gonna get it all, and I've seen it all. With Netflix Sports, these are the stories that turn all of us into sports fans and give everybody something to cheer for, to feel for, to hold your breath for, and to get up out of your seat for, whether you're a diehard or a brand new fan. Intense are casual shows like f one, Drive, to Survive, Quarterback, Full Swing, Untold Beckham, and more. Netflix has a story for every type of Netflix turns us all into fans. John Middlecoff, former NFL Scout three and Out podcast on the Volume. Okay, so I do want to talk Kansas City Miami. I thought Kansas City made a complete statement in the first half and then, like Philadelphia, you feel like they're kind of holding on. I will say this about Kansas City though, they have a clear hole and it's never going to be a strength. They're just not specialist wide receiver. Now their first drive, they gave you a little bit of everything. I do think this receiving group will get better. It's young, there's no number one. I'm not sure there's a number two, but I'll tell you that first half defense against Miami that was one of the more impressive first halfs. I mean Miami was just the speed. This is without Bolton, the speed of Kansas City's defense. So I as I sat and watched that first half, I thought, oh, does it This is Baltimore, Kansas City, Cincinnati, that's the conference. And then in the second half they didn't really have a second third gear. What did you make of Kansas City? I came away and pressed because they flew in very late for this thing. Totally sees control early. But they can't put people away this year. John, they're not putting people away.
Speaker 3: Well, they're gonna struggle to score twenty five points. I mean they just are the underrated part about them because Mahomes Kelsey now especially this Kelsey over the last month, and Andy Reid take up so much oxygen. They're kind of a defensive team. I mean, Hill and Waddle had one hundred yards one hundred and four yards total. Like, if you're holding those guys to around one hundred yards, you're gonna beat them. They're twenty one nothing in half. Like I'm sorry the game's over. I thought there was a lot more pressure. Kansas City's now proven exactly who they are over a five year stretch. Like, I'm pretty confident when the dust pedtles, they're gonna be in the mix in the divisional round and more than likely the championship game in the AFC. This was kind of a proven game for Miami, right, you lose to Philly in Buffalo. Granted, now both on the road. You get a neutral site game, you fly out there on Monday, and you're down twenty one nothing at half, twenty one nothing in half. And like you said, this ain't the Chiefs first rodeo check out a little bit. They're not explosive enough on offense to just take off, but they make enough plays when they have to. Miami kind of gets a freak fumble there in the second half for Mahomes, right, But to me, this was the Chiefs established in the first half, Like you're not on our level, just like Buffalo and Philly said that earlier. And listen, Miami's a fun story their coaches and needs to get to root for when they're rolling. They're a fun team to watch. But I think it's pretty clear whatever the upper rechelant tier in the AFC is obviously. Baltimore's in it, Kansas City's in it. I think Cincinnati's in it. Buffalo they are not. You know, yeah, and that was We don't even need to argue that anymore. I think the only question now is could they win a playoff game. I wouldn't bet on them because it's going to be more likely a road playoff game, but they're going to get back to back playoffs. Obviously the franchise is head in the right direction, but in terms of like AFC contenders, it is not the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: I don't know if USC will go out and spend a lot of money on the defensive coordinator. But how do you view this season and Lincoln Riley's sort of legacy. I know it's early in his career to talk about that, but I always viewed him as potentially an NFL guy, and my takeaway now is he's not. He just has no McVeigh chest out. Alpha loves defense, Shanahan loves physicality. Shanahan don't care about special teams, but he loves defense. Right Andy Reid spags Andy accept realizes what defense is. Lincoln doesn't even he didn't have a special teams coach. He's lobsided as a coach. What do you think is legacy right now?
Speaker 3: Is well, I think and listen, I it's easy to crush him right now. Like probably most people, when they hired him, it was a no brainer hire.
Speaker 2: You had to do it.
Speaker 3: But I think when you look back, the Big twelve is not very good and no one plays defense, and he was able to take advantage of it. He ran into clearly the best year of the Pac twelve has had in a long time. He's of getting worked right. He loses to Utah, he loses this game, He's gonna be a huge underdog this upcoming week. You know, to Oregon. UCLA's leaking oil a little bit, but I think it's a disaster Colin simply put, I think it's one of the biggest underachievements given the quarterback playing offense. Because when you're at a program like this, you have unlimited resources to hire the best and the brightest. You know, when you look at some of these other college coaches, they go to like the Baltimore Ravens and get their secondary coach and make them, you know, their defensive coordinator just hell, Chip Kelly's defensive coordinators, Anthony Lynch's Sun who if you look at his resume, had been in the NFL for the last decade, came from the Ravens, and what is UCLA a lot better on defense. So it's like, I don't know, if you tell me who Lincoln's next defensive coordinator, I would not be very confident that you're gonna go. That's a no brainer choice, right, because you look at the guys that his We talked about it last week when they were, you know, lose to Utah. Where'd he find this guy? Well, he was a Mike Leech guy. Right, it's a thing and he's not to me. Part of going to the NFL too. Think of some of the coaches that went to the NFL from college, most recently beside Harbaugh, who was an NFL guy, Urban Meyer never coached today. Didn't know what to do and he was completely over said. Chip is a good example of a guy that had some success, but his problem is he didn't know any defensive coaches, so he couldn't hire very good defensive coordinators and that was always his downfall. And now Lincoln is kind of going through this in college and I go back to Pete Carroll era. Pete Carroll's staff was really, really good. It had a perfect blend of like young up and coming guys like the Sarks and the Lanes, and then the older Norm Chow's, Ken Norton's, the recruiters, the NFL experience, the young, offensive, innovative guys, and I just look, I go, I don't know. I mean, because when he took over at Oklahoma, it was Bob Stoop's brother he inherited. They ultimately fired him for this guy, and it's just kind of unraveled and he brings them with him. I don't have much confidence that he's going to hire a guy that people are going to feel very, very good about. Because I also think it's a culture in the way you practice. When you practice like he does with his offensive style, you don't really create a tough physicality. That's always what people have said defensive coaches whenever you met him at these spread offense schools, and specifically the air raid type schools. I know he's not true air raid anymore. It's like hard to improve the toughness on a daily basis on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in practice.
Speaker 2: No I mean it's I don't think it's a coincidence. Tomlin, Dan Campbell, Mike Vrabel. I think the essence of their physicality, the essence of their personality, the way they structure practice is more physical. I mean every Vrabel team, every Tomlin team. I mean, even though they're an offensive team more than defense, Dan Campbell, it's a physical offense. They can run the ball, is I think. I think sometimes with Mike McDaniel and Lincoln Riley, I think they're really clever offensively and really smart, and I think they structure their culture and their program and their practice like that, and it's really smart and clever. But do they build the toughness? Is that part of the personality, And I just I don't think it's a coincidence sometimes that the same kind of physical, kind of big, physical men. Don't you think they structure practice differently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, I'm not blaming Caleb because you gotta sign Caleb. You had to pay Caleb to get him. Every team in the country would have done that. But I do think when the way they've built it, it was all so Caleb heavy that it almost sucked the oxygen out of everything else. And you watch it this year and the last couple of weeks haven't been his fault. The Notre Dame game, he wasn't very good, But it just feels like if he is not, because even you go back to some of the heyday Pete Carroll teams or some of those good Harball teams or Chip Kelly teams, it was never all about Mariota or Luck or Matt Lion or they were more complete team. And this thing just felt like a basketball team. It was like Caleb Williams and then everyone else. And that is not the way you win in football. It's just not. And they've been clearly exploited. Even Washington is a good example. They're best players are quarterback, but they don't. He wasn't, I would say otherworldly against USC running back came through defense. It's got some big stops. You watch Oregon their complete team. Look at what Nick Saban's doing. You talk to any NFL scout, they're like, this is the least talented team in like fifteen years. All of a sudden, he's gonna be back in the SEC championship game.
Speaker 2: All right. We are trying at the volume to be a global company, and today is the first step in being a global company. Because Chad Millman in our Sharper Square segment CCO Action Network all on provided by DraftKings, is joining us from I think Copenhagen.
Speaker 4: It's pronounced Copenhagen.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am in Copenhagen. This is your kind of town, brother, Like why why? It is a classy like it is full on first class operation. It is gorgeous. You can't find the streets, there can be no cars coming. If there is a don't walk sign, nobody's moving. It is like full of proper etiquette. The best restaurant town in the world, no joke. The best restaurant in the world, legendary called Noma, has been in Copenhagen for a generation. All the chefs who end up working at Noma stay in Copenhagen. Open restaurants, like a bad restaurant is one Michelin star Kylent. Tonight, I went to a hole in the wall Italian place that was a ten course tasting menu that they were bad mouthing nutella because they're like hazel nut chocolate spread that they make was so good it should be illegal. Gorgeous, gorgeous town architecture, is amazing, a great mix of classic, you know, medieval type of stuff with this beautiful modern architecture. It's just it's enchanted. I've been I've been overwhelmed, like just wonderful.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to go there anyway, but now you talk me into it. The company that bought you knows sports gambling. Yeah, last week was a terrible, audaciously bad week. I went two and three. My bad. I should have taken Herbert overs Act. Nonetheless, I think this week there are more definitive there's more clarity in some of the sides I like. So let me start with this Dbo's back. I could see the Niners being great, but if I get Trevor Lawrence at home and a field goal, I'm going to take it. I like Brock pretty, but we got film. Now they're limitations. I'm taking the better quarterback at home. Increasingly, the better quarterback is winning a lot of these games. I'm taking the Jag sharper square.
Speaker 4: So here's what's interesting, and we're going to get to this about good quarterbacks bad quarterbacks. It's the sharp side. The wise guys are on the Jags. The Jags have been very sneaky under the radar good. Right, they went to London, they won a couple of games, they came back home, they won again. They're on a buy. They're six and two, they're leading the A's South. They're right under that tier right right now, everyone's saying, look at the Ravens, look at the Bengals, watch out for the Jags. And when you get the Niners on the road, historically as a favorite, they're not as good. And what you just said about brock Purty is what a lot of wise guys are thinking. There's film out on brock Purty. Now. The one thing that has been aligned with his bad streak has been the loss of Deebo Samuel and was he or was he not concussed in the last couple of games, and that sort of had an impact on how it was playing. So if you are betting on the Jags, you're buying Doug Peterson, You're buying Trevor Lawrence, You're buying the fact that Doug Peterson historically also a much better coach against the spread in the second half of the year. Trevor Lawrence last year eighteen of his twenty eight touchdown passes. Second half of the year, we saw what he did in the playoffs against the Chargers. He has been a much better quarterback. Doug Peterson is a better coach because all of a sudden he's figuring out It's a little bit like Sean Payton in this way, he's figuring out what his team can do, and he's much more focused on how do I make this team improve quarter by quarter over the course of the season. And so this team has been getting better. Exactly the four week mark, the team started to get better.
Speaker 2: All right. This is an interesting one because I do like Cincinnati a lot, but they go from the Bills and then they have the Ravens the following week. It's a sandwich game. Jamar Chase probably doesn't play. T Higgins is not practicing. Again, I think they're better than the Texans, but the Texans are getting a touchdown. It's a more than capable offense sandwich game for the Bengals. I would go Houston sharper square.
Speaker 4: So the wise guys like Houston when the numbers at seven, and we've talked about this before, right like the value of that numbers. So at seven, the wise guys were betting Houston. They continue to be amazed at CJ. Stroud and his ability to move the ball down the field. Look what he did against Tampa in forty seconds, going seventy five yards for that game winning touchdown was really remarkable. The guy clearly understands what's happening at the NFL level and is the right guy for the Texans, which is why they bet the Texans at plus seven. But it got to six and a half and the wise guys took the Bengals again, So this is clearly about a number. They've decided seven is the line of demarcation, and if they're going to get under seven, they're taking the Bengals. If they can get the touchdown, they're taking the Texans.
Speaker 2: Oh finally, I never do this, but I think Tommy DeVito is incapable of a touchdown drive if the Cowboys kick it up. Fumble interceptions certainly capable. I think Dallas wins forty four to nine. I would take Dallas minus sixteen. I think the Giants are the worst offense in years with the Vito quarterbacking. You know, I don't lay these numbers. If I told you this game was twenty four to nothing in the first quarter, would you be shocked? I know it's not the sharp side. I'm taking Dallas.
Speaker 4: Surprised the amount of chatter I've heard about wise guys betting Dallas this week because they feel like this game could be fifty four to nothing, Like there's actually not a number that could be big enough. And sometimes you do you lay the points when it's that clear. And don't forget dak as An as a favorite now again, normally he's in like a say, three to ten points final.
Speaker 2: But a home favorite. He's pretty good home favorite.
Speaker 4: We've said this, We've said this on the show, and it's why we liked the Eagles last week. I think the Cowboys are front runners. I think they when they are comfortable, they act like champions, they play like champions. When they face adversity, they cannot execute. This is a time where the Cowboys will convince themselves they are champions and can contend in the NFC, and it's their chance to show it all.
Speaker 2: Right now, we play the game where I'm going to give you a game I want you to talk me into because I want to watch it, and then what did I miss? Let's start with the Steelers. Packers. All of our odds provided by DraftKings what's the current number? Talk me into a side here.
Speaker 4: All right, this is tough. The number is three, potentially going to be three and a half. The wise guys love the Packers in this spot. Look, Tomlin as a favorite is not the same as Tomlin as a dog. And this is a spot where the Steelers continue to win. They're a bit fraudulent. You look at their metrics. They shouldn't have the record they have. Right. Meanwhile, we do this thing called the luck Rankings at Action Network that basically takes a lot of stats and a lot of unpredictability in the games and even them out and gives you a metric that says these are things that do not normally happen, but they skew people's perception of a team. Right now, the Steelers are the luckiest team in the NFL. And by the way, Steelers have been the luckiest team in the NFL three in the past five years. Packer's one of the unluckiest teams in the NFL. The difference between these two teams is twenty nine spots. So there's a lot of data there to tell you. I got to take the Packers here, and I don't like it, and I don't think you like it, but I do have some games that I think you might like it.
Speaker 2: I guess. Okay, So now it's time for what did I miss?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't like this dumpster diving stuff. I'm a man that likes Copenhagen and elegance, so I don't stick my head in a dumpster very often. I did last week with the Jets and a close clamped on my head. I know this is this is the ugly portion. I think Josh Dobbs's story is a great story. I wonder if that was a close. I loved the story. So what did I miss? Chad Melman, give me the game I missed?
Speaker 4: These are games that Colin, the King and Queen of Denmark would love to bet these games. They are so their choice, they are so classy, They're just the best. How did we not you don't want a dumpster dive? How are we not talking about the Browns like? This makes no sense to me? Because don't give me that look. Let me let me let me say, okay, okay, I know you. You're afraid of betting against Lamar Jackson because Lamar Jackson has been so good and Lamar Jackson is finally on a path to win the MVP, and the Ravens look like they could be the most complete team in the NFL. The Browns had a much much better defense. The Browns have someone in Miles Garrett who is one of the most dominant players in the NFL. Not most dominant defensive player, literally most dominant player. You talk about a stat that ESPN does that is really cool called pass rush win rate. It basically says how often when he's on the field is he making an impact as a pass rusher on plays right leads the league in pass rush win rate. Same thing when you talk about him against the run. If you talk about the Browns on defense overall, they are better in the Ravens at every metric. This is a dominant defense. And if you're talking about a divisional game, home teams in divisional games the past five years covering forty seven percent CLIP home favorites divisional games covering forty six percent CLIP. Lamar Jackson as a favorite of more than three and a half under five hundred for his career. John Harbaugh as a favorite of just as a favorite period under five hundred in his career. I am actually shocked that this line is where it's at. That it's gone from five to six in someplace to six and a half. If you're not taking the Browns. This is a game you can watch. You're gonna enjoy it, That's right, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Well, my natural instinct is to take Cleveland. I'm just not sure. I trust Deshan Watson and the Ravens defense. I just don't. But we've said this before. It's one of the more simple plays. If you have a capable quarterback and you're getting points as a divisional rival. I mean, we took we should have won it. We pushed, We took Sam Howell against Jalen Hurts and the game was in I think, Philly, you just do it. Just you just do it. As long as you're underdog. Sam Hall is more than capable at quarterback. We've seen New England beat Buffalo this year. You just do it. We've seen the Jets beat Buffalo. You just do it. So I believe me, I have less trouble doing it. You talk, that's a good side. That's a good side. All right, Give me one more.
Speaker 4: How about the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 2: I thought about that. It's seven and a half. It's tasty.
Speaker 4: It's tasty. I'm meeting that whole meal that is the Copenhagen restaurant of bets on Monday.
Speaker 2: I'm all offensive coach a capable quarterback on a bye week. I thought about that the other thing. Greg Cosell said something this week that I'd thought, but the film showed it. Buffalo is not nearly as talented now that they lost our top corner, top linebacker, and a defensive lineman. They're just not that talented a roster.
Speaker 4: They lost playmakers at every level of their defense. Josh Allen has to be perfect for them to win games, and even when he is. Meanwhile, the development of the Broncos defense, they've just been getting better. And this is another one of those things. Right we talk about Doug Peterson, Sean Payton is on that level of Mike Tomlin, Bill Belichick, Mike Vrabel, coaches who you want to be betting on because over the past generation they're some of the most profitable coaches against the spread in the NFL. And I think there's some inflation here because people continue to think about the Broncos as being what the Broncos were the first three games when their defense was so bad. But look, if you look at DVOA, you know, a very fancy advanced stat that takes it into account a lot of different strength of schedule elements. DVOA for the Broncos defense the past three games thirteenth, DVOA for the Bills offense thirty first. So we're talking about a team here that is just improving incrementally. Like people thought, Patrick Mahomes had the flu and so that's why he didn't perform well in that game the Broncos won. But it turns out maybe the Broncos defense was just really good because Patrick Mahomes has been having his issues and they made him look even worse. So I think there's a lot of upside here. This is one of those classic pros Joe's games. The betting tickets meaning the bet public, the non professional betters predominantly on the Bills. The money. That's what the wise guys are, that's on the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finally, what airline are you flying? Did you fly from Hartford to Copenhagen or Amsterdam? Or did you fly but I fly Logan a lot? Where did you fly? What are you flying?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 4: I flew out of JFK. But Colin, if I tell you what I'm flying, I got to deal with the proper razzi when I get back. I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: I'm flying on SAS, which is Scandinavian Airlines and obviously serves you know, Copenhagen and other Scandinavian countries.
Speaker 2: May I suggest at some point in your life you fly Swiss Air.
Speaker 4: I've heard it's lovely.
Speaker 2: It's lovely, Yes, that's what I Is this the part.
Speaker 4: Of the podcast where a lead media people turn off all of the listeners.
Speaker 2: No, because you don't have aspiration first, Yeah, aspirational. We're like Joel Ostein with Football's right, We're Tony Robbins without the real estate. We're just saying exactly, you can fly economy economy Swiss Air. It's still Swiss Air. So I fly. I try to do business so I can watch documentaries. Swiss Air is my favorite airline, even more than British Airline in Delta, Cathay Pacific. I love Swiss Air. I have everything about it. It's elegant without being bougie.
Speaker 4: Do they give you a complimentary toberon candy bar?
Speaker 2: They give you champagne they do give you chocolate. Yes, they do. They give you chocolate. I just I found it and I flew icelandic air which doesn't have a great international reputation to Raikovic. I gotta tell you though, my son and I loved it. It was fun. I like new airlines. I like new stuff. I'm for new stuff and so I.
Speaker 4: Too, especially for new places. Those are the best.
Speaker 2: No, hey, listen, it's you know, and I've said this the you know, the lax is a zoo. But the international part of it's great, and I wish more Americans myself included, did more international travel. You know, I've done so much Mexico, so much Canada. Uh so, I've done London three or four times. But it's I can't wait for the part of my life where I can do you know, a ten week, ten day, two week trip every May in August. It's not that far off to go to Europe. It's just fun. It's a different pace. I like the pace of Europe.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love it. And you know what I hope for you? Listen, kid, you keep working hard. You're gonna be able soon enough to scratch together enough Nichols you can get over to you can get over to Europe if you want to.
Speaker 2: I Will'm gonna make a point of it, all right, buddy, you enjoy Copenhagen.
Speaker 4: Great to hear from you, all right, brother, I thought you are.
Speaker 2: Don't miss the action this weekend when the Indianapolis Colts and the New England Patriots head to Frankfurt for the Frankfurt Games in Germany, all right. These games air on the NFL Network and stream on NFL Plus. For a limited time, Verizon customers can get Netflix and NFL Plus for just twenty five dollars a month. That's an annual savings of one hundred and twenty dollars. Plus Play is a platform where Verizon customers can shop, manage, save on subscriptions you already love like NFL Plus. With NFL Plus Premium, you get access to live games on mobile, NFL Red Zone NFL Network, which means you can catch games like the Colts and the Patriots in Germany at the Frankfurt Games. Just go to Verizon dot Com Slash Volume Verizon dot Com Slash Volume to bundle and save before the games. This offer end soon again. Verizon dot Com Slash the Volume plus Play access included for Verizon Postpaid Mobile, FIVED Home and LTE Home subscribers. Exclusive savings available on select partner subscriptions. All products and services sold on plus Play require a separate subscription or purchase. Limited time offer offer only applies to new and qualified returning subscribers of NFL Plus Premium and newer existing subscribers of Netflix Premium. Not combinable with any other promos. Netflix and NFL Plus Bundle subscription twenty five bucks a month on applicable tax Billing begins from time of activation of first service. Additional terms apply cancel any time in plus play Managed Dashboard. Savings based on Netflix Premium and NFL Plus Premium monthly retail plan prices