Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: They don't necessarily fear in Israeli strike that many belief could still happen. What they do fears that all this could continue to balloon into some sort of wider crisis or armed conflict here in the Middle East that could in the end pit Iran directly against the United States. And one of the things that we've actually been able to do is we've actually been able to travel through a substantial part of the northern part of the country. When you go into the cities there, you do see a lot of billboards and posters hanging around professing loyalty to Hezbolah. One of the big things that you see there is flag saying his Bola is alive, obviously playing on the fact that so many of the Hisbolah leaders have been killed.
Speaker 4: That's interesting. That was from CNNA lead yesterday. Iran not so worried about an Israel strike, They're worried about war with the United States. Well, good, that's what deterrence is. And there hasn't been enough.
Speaker 2: Goal, don't escalate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there hasn't been enough people worried about us escalating. So it sounds like maybe Iran is Benjamin Nett and Yahoo with a message to the people of Lebanon. Yesterday, any who in Bremmer tweeted out a dramatic shift in war goals from the Israeli Prime Minister. It went from pushing back Hesbela from the border and returning the Israelis to their homes. Sixty thousand Israelis that have had to leave their homes and have been away for a year.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, can you imagine.
Speaker 4: No, the goal is now removing Hesbla from power, the most serious escalation from Israel since the war in Gaza began. This is the biggest escalation announced escalation since the whole thing began. Our goal is now to eliminate Hesbela.
Speaker 1: So you have to keep in mind they're a political party with an army, which is crazy by American standards, certainly, but Hesbela is enormously influential in Lebanese politics.
Speaker 4: So going through some of the information that came out yesterday, Iran warned a whole bunch of golf country countries that any use of their airspace by Israel or the United States against Iran, they will face retaliation.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, they're either scared or they're not.
Speaker 4: The US State Department said yesterday that they support Israeli ground operations in southern Lebanon and do not support any kind of ceasefire between Israel and Hesbela, with statements earlier by Hisbel officials calling for a ceasefire. So I thought that was interesting. Hesbola came out yesterday if you weren't paying attention and said, okay, we want to cease fire now, and our State Department actually said nat no ceasefires.
Speaker 2: I was surprised by that. It's a head spinnerbout this. I don't know if you know good.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know Amos Yadlin, former major general in the Israeli Air Force as well as the former head of the Israeli military intelligence. So like that, you know they're d And I set on CNN yesterday the Israeli attack on Iran will be something that has never been seen since seen in the Middle East. Okay, so that sounds big. This also from os I in t that's open source intelligence According to US officials, the United States has discussed options for joining Israel's retaliation against Iran, including very limited strikes against targets inside of Iran, targets against Iranian naval assets, as well as targeting of the Revolutionary Guard core sites in Syria and Yemen. These though these are seen as less likely as a just intelligence sharing, Like we would help them with the important intelligence you would need to pull that Off's opposed to like actual US planes or anything like that. But we're going to help them out, but not with well, I'll read this. According to two US officials who spoke to NBC, Israel is still not yet brief the United States on their response to the ballistic missile attack, Despite officials telling Israel that they would possibly support them with intelligence and additional strikes, US officials do not believe that Israel has made the final decision. So the big New York Times story yesterday that we referenced but I hadn't read yet, which has got like ten different writers on it, including David Sanger, who is probably the best writer on this sort of stuff, says that Israel doesn't have the capability to take out those nuclear sites. The United States does. Israel doesn't. So that's why France and Great Britain made the announcement yesterday they will not aid the United States in any trying to or Israel in any trying to take out those sites. So it's basically telling the United States, you do this, you're completely on your own. We realize if this happens, it's going to be you United States, not Israel, and we're not.
Speaker 2: Okay with it. That's basically what that announcement was.
Speaker 1: Yeh, or even we want the world to know it wasn't us could be yeah, because they have, you know, similar capabilities, maybe not as good, but similar.
Speaker 4: While much of the public discussion is focused on the fact that Iran could almost certainly ramp up enrichment to produce bomb grade uranium in a matter of weeks, the more relevant fact is that it would take Iranian engineers months or maybe a year to actually fashion that fuel into a deliverable weapon.
Speaker 2: I thought that was good to know.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Iran has stepped up production of Iranian and rich to sixty percent purity, just shy of bomb grade, and it now has enough of that fuel for three or four bombs, experts believe, and getting it to bomb grade at ninety percent would just take days. So I guess getting the uranium the bomb grade is something that they can do in a couple of days. Actually fashioning it into a weapon they could deliver anywhere is months or a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was reading about the the mechanics of the triggering mechanism for nuclear arms, and it's much more complicated than I'd imagined. It's very, very sophisticated.
Speaker 4: Technically, We're the only ones that have these thirty thousand pound bombs that are necessary to reach these Iranian facilities that are way underground. Israel doesn't have that we do, and the planes necessary to actually drop them. But I thought this was interesting if you, just like me, have a tendency to call Joe Biden a do nothing chicken.
Speaker 2: President George W.
Speaker 4: Bush turned aside Israel's demands to give its air force the United States biggest bunker busting bombs and the B two bombers that are needed to deliver them. Those weapons would be essential in any effort to take out four Toho and some of the other facilities. Bush said no. That decision touched off an argument inside the White House.
Speaker 2: Back in the day.
Speaker 4: Vice President Dick Cheney embraced the idea of a strike no shock, but Bush held fast, arguing that the United States could not risk another war in the Middle East, probably thinking this whole Iraq thing has gone, so well, how about let's not fight Iraq and Iran at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just going to say that the circumstances were very different, but there you go.
Speaker 4: Ahud Barak, who was Prime minister and Israel's highest ranking uniformed officer at one point, gave an interview back in twenty nineteen that said Bush's warning did not really make any difference for US as of the end of two thousand and eight. He said Israel did not have a plan for attacking Iran. They didn't have the capability, but so Bush turned down giving them the stuff to do it. So it's not the first time we've said, nah, we're not all in on taking out those facilities.
Speaker 2: I'm not exactly sure why. Oh, and then I wanted to play this.
Speaker 4: So this is oppositeosition to what's the prime minister up in Canada, the pretty boy what's his name?
Speaker 2: Trudeau?
Speaker 4: So yeah, justin Trudeau. This is the opposition to Trudeau. He was asked if.
Speaker 2: He garf model Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 4: This guy was asked if he would support a strike on Iran's nuclear bomb facilities and if Israel were.
Speaker 5: To stop that genocidal, theocratic, unstable government from acquiring nuclear weapons, it would be a gift by the Jewish state to humanity.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty tough talk out of a Canadian, but I would agree. You've got that that great pier pula Vera. Is that how you pronounce his name? The opposition guy?
Speaker 2: He kicks ass? I love him.
Speaker 4: You got one of the worst regimes on planet Earth screaming toward a nuclear weapon. This is the best time there's ever going to be with more world support than there ever will ever be to try to take it out. And I can't believe we're not taking this moment. This is a major world decision.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: This is the opposite of the whole when's the best time to plant an oak tree forty years ago?
Speaker 2: When's the second best time today?
Speaker 1: When's the best time to cut down an oak tree forty years ago? What's the second best time before it falls on your house today?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I get that. This is a major decision. Though.
Speaker 4: If Iran ends up having the bomb a year from now, and then they use it in some horrifying way that could touch off who knows what on the planet. It will be remembered that there was a chance.
Speaker 2: To stop it.
Speaker 1: But because remember, they don't need a sophisticated missile and triggering mechanism to deliver it.
Speaker 2: They could deliver it on a boat. Right. I only know what I know.
Speaker 4: I don't know all the stuff that they know in the intelligence department about Iran's capabilities or other hotspots in the world, or whatever else is going on. One thing, from reading David Sanger's book, there are so many things you don't know while these stories are unfolding. Like one thing I came across the other day because I'm almost done with the book. Remember when Biden went to Kiev. He actually went to Kiev and walked through the streets with Zelensky in quite a show of support. We called Blinkeln called Putin and said Biden's coming to Kiev, heads up, and Putin said, got it.
Speaker 2: We actually told him ahead of time, with you better not.
Speaker 4: And I guess it was trusting that Putin would realize that's a no go. Oh yeah, clearly I thought that was very interesting because there was all this secrecy and lead up on all the reporting around it was they put him on a train in the middle of the night and snuck him into all this stuff. True because you never know about rogue bad guys. But the biggest threat of would Russia tried to take him out. No, we told him head up, heads up, ahead of time. Yeah, I'd stay away from Kiev. Biden's going to be there. So that's interesting that we have that. We don't think he's a complete mad man obviously.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah, yeah, that makes perfect sense to me. It's the same reason we have a phone line to you know, Russian or Chinese general is to say, hey, we're going to do some maneuvers.
Speaker 2: It is strictly training maneuvers. Nobody freak out.
Speaker 4: But my point avoid the horrific mistake. My point making there's always stuff going on that you don't know about at the time. But I gotta believe if I was president of the United States, I'd be all about attacking rand taking out those nuclear facilities while we got the chance. And the world can moan and bitch about it all they want, they'll forget about it in a month. But Irani get no damn bomb, you're neo khon.
Speaker 2: I just thought i'd throw that out there.
Speaker 1: Two very quick headlines, US frustrated by Israel's reluctance to share Iran retaliation plans. I'm not surprised they're not sharing it because Biden can't be counted on. And then this one report Biden offering Israel compensation to not hit Iranian targets, arms, money, and diplomatic guarantees. If you just hold back, We'll really take care of you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Interesting CBS News torn asunder by actually doing journalism.
Speaker 4: This is delicious, really enjoying it. Got more on that to come. I'm just gonna say, I remember back in the day. It's the advantage of being old. I guess I remember Bill Clinton. North Korea will not be allowed to get a nuclear weapon. Been through those a couple of times in my lifetime, and then they do. And that's what president after president has been saying about Iran. We've got more on the waist to hear merk Adams announce he's running for reelection. Awesome, Eh, go get America more on that way.
Speaker 2: You know what we haven't gotten to is that.
Speaker 1: Awfulness of the Chicago School System and the Teachers' Union and Brandon Johnson. It's one of the most egregious things I've ever seen. It's shocking, anyway. Speaking of shocking, CBS News torn asunder by the fact that some of their journalists actually did journalism and their woke staffers have freaked out over it. The behind the scenes tape is just too good to be true. We'll play that for you next segment. But the irony of it is that the self righteous lefties are saying that interview showed bias. We can't have bias at CBS News, which is just truly hilarious anyway. For example, you have the Bill Whitaker Kamala Harris interview on sixty Minutes, and we played Monday before it aired some of the preview, the excerpts that had aired Unface the Nation on Sunday, and her long rambling answer about whether Netnyao, who was listening to us or not clipped forty Michael.
Speaker 2: This is from the preview, remember, but it seems that Prime Minister Netanya who is not listening.
Speaker 6: Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things in including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 1: Great Scott diagram that sentence if you dare anyway. So that's the preview. Then by the time it actually aired, because nobody watches the damn Sunday shows, but poor Jack I do. I refuse, although they are occasionally interesting. So when it actually aired sixty minutes Monday night, this is what it sounded like.
Speaker 2: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanya who is not listening, We're not.
Speaker 6: Going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 4: Well, so let me get this straight. So the cleaned up version is what aired on sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: That's correct, the shorter, coherent version.
Speaker 4: See, I don't like it either way, but you edited it that way for the promo piece on Facinination.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 4: You're promoing your big show where the like a million people watch face the nation, tens of millions of people probably watched sixty minutes. I haven't seen the numbers yet, so I could see, you know, the little teaser, but you edited it to make her sound better for the big show. Yes, that ain't so cool at all.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they got some sort of pushback from the Face the Nation preview. Somebody freaked out, whether it was internally or from the Harris campaign or something, and they removed They took.
Speaker 4: The world the word salad out. And I would like to know if Bill Whitaker had any knowledge of that.
Speaker 2: He might not have.
Speaker 4: He may have, he may have been in charge of it, or he might have had zero knowledge. I don't know, but that'd be a good question.
Speaker 2: When the and this is not a trivial question.
Speaker 1: I don't think the big knock against Kamala Harris, right, is that she's got an empty head, right, Yes, that is her I think is that bit she is a underpaint in Jacksworth.
Speaker 4: The biggest knock is she will not do confrontational interviews because she can't handle it. If you edited it in such a way to make it look like she can handle it better, that's really really.
Speaker 1: Bad, right, Right, And again, this is the same CBS you're about to hear, who are aghast that there could be any bias when somebody makes a conservative point. The Tiffany Network, Tiffany the pop singer from the eighties. Man even with the editing, she like super whift on several questions.
Speaker 2: So huh oh, yeah, well she's incompetent.
Speaker 4: Is she going to get elected president without doing a single press conference like where she stands there and takes question after question after question like Trump has done multiple times?
Speaker 2: She will attempt to do that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whether the American people choose to grant her that high office or not as yet to be decided. There are times I can't believe what I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 4: It doesn't seem like it's real. It does seem like it's a TV show and not real.
Speaker 1: And done a good one either entertaining but utterly unrealistic. Anyway, the CBS behind the scenes audio, Oh I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Stay with us, Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 4: We will get to it again. Kamala did a couple of interviews yesterday. She did the view she did Colbert, She's doing Stern today. I think anyway, a couple of answers that are quite amazing. We'll get to that maybe hour four.
Speaker 2: She is a.
Speaker 1: Gibbering idiot in short. Anyway, I'll tell you who's not a gibbering idiot Tony Decopple of CBS News, nor is Tanaheazy Coats, the widely worshiped anti racism author, saint of the left. Unquestionably incredibly bright and creative guy. He's just wrong about a lot of things in my mind. So he's got a new book out and he went on CBS this morning to promote it. And instead of the soft ballish interview that I think everybody, including some of the staff expected, Tony Dcoppel, who's one of their folks generalist staffers, asked him some really challenging questions about the book and particularly how it is starkly, staunchly anti Israel. And to skip to the next part. This is so torn apart CBS News that there are teeth gnashing, tear stained, yelling, arguments going on behind the scenes, meetings, soul searching, the rest of it. Because Jacoppel was so out of line, it was so abandoning.
Speaker 2: CBS is principe it was biased.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine CBS being biased anyway, here's a chunk of that interview.
Speaker 2: Judge for yourself.
Speaker 7: Tanajaja, I want to dive into the Israel Palace one section of the books, section of the book, And I have to say, when I read the book, I imagine if I took your name out of it, took away the awards and the acclaim, took the cover off the book, the publishing.
Speaker 2: House goes away.
Speaker 7: The content of that section would not be out of place.
Speaker 2: In the backpack of an extremist.
Speaker 7: And so then I found myself wondering, why do is Tanahashi Coates, who I've known for a long time, read his work for a long time, very talented, smart guy, leave out so much? Why leave out that Israel is surrounded by countries that.
Speaker 2: Want to eliminate it. Why leave out that.
Speaker 7: Israel deals with terror groups that want to eliminate it? Why not detail anything of the first and the second Intifat, of the cafe bombings, the bus bombings, the little kids blown to bits? And is it because you just don't believe that Israel in any condition has a right to exist?
Speaker 8: Well, I would say the perspective that you just outlined, there is no shortage of that perspective in American media.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing I would say.
Speaker 8: I am most concerned always with those who don't have a voice with those who don't have.
Speaker 2: The ability to talk.
Speaker 8: I have asked repeatedly in my interviews whether there is a single network, mainstream organization in America with a Palestinian American bureau chief or correspondent who actually has a voice to articulate their part of the world. I've been a reporter for twenty years. The reporters of those who believe more sympathetically about Israel and it's right to exist don't have a problem getting their voice out. But what I saw in Palestine, what I saw on the West Bank, what I saw in Haifa in Israel, what I saw in the South Hebln Hills, those were the stories that I have not heard, and those were the stories that I was most occupied with. I wrote a two hundred and sixty page book. It is not a treatise on the entirety of the conflict between the Palestinians and the Israelis.
Speaker 1: That was a frank exchange of views in an intelligent and gentlemanly way. The idea that that would Royal CBS News is hilarious.
Speaker 4: There was a Tierry staff meeting, is what it was described at in New York Post. Tierry staff meeting people nearly crying, as Tony Dekoppel told staffers he regretted putting them in a difficult situation.
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's an interesting way to phrase it.
Speaker 1: So we have through means that would make Dick Cheney blush, obtained the behind the scenes meeting audio. We have violated the laws of God and man adio.
Speaker 2: Oh he needs a car battery and in a pan of water.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, you can. Let's just leave it there. One of the voices you're going to hear here is that of what is her first name? I thought I had that all in front of me. It doesn't matter. Miss Rourke is a high up executive in CBS News. And let's just start with one hundred Michael, and we'll go from there. And I want to I.
Speaker 9: Want to take time to remind us all of something. When we step into a new room and we pick up a microphone or a cammon, when we sit down for an interview, produce a story report from the scene, or anchor show, we need to remember that we are journalists and as hard as this is, that means we set our personal feelings and beliefs aside. Our job is to serve our audiences. Without bias or perceived bias, to provide objective news that they that we know and they know they can trust.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, well you've failed miserably at that for thirty years or so. I appreciate hearing the words, But why now I think I think I've learned.
Speaker 4: I thought I knew everything there was to know about bias and news and that sort of stuff. But I think I've learned in the last month or so, with the debates and everything, bias is ways more powerful.
Speaker 2: Than I realized.
Speaker 4: And when you have bias yourself, and then I want to look at it myself. These people actually believe they're being fair to both sides. So I got to believe that Nora O'Donnell and what's her name, Margaret Brennan the debate the other night, they actually believe they handled that fairly, and not that you fact checked one side.
Speaker 2: And let the other side say whatever they want. They actually believe it.
Speaker 1: Which is scarier than you know, them being deliberately biased. Yeah, unconscious bias. How do you fight that? I suppose educating people, But they consider themselves to be the elite of the elite. About dare we dirty their garments with our clawing hands asking them to actually be you know, fair.
Speaker 4: Because they saw this interview that we just played a chunk of and thought it was it was like a hit piece from the journalist as opposed to Both sides got to say their part right.
Speaker 1: Adriann Rourke is the head of News Gathering and editorial Manager one O two, Michael, we will.
Speaker 9: Still want I want to be clear. We will still ask questions. We will we still hold people accountable. That's part of our job too, but we will do so objectively and that means very plain. We have to check up bias and opinions at the door and that applies to every single point. We are not here to represent any viewpoint. We are here to tell stories and I say this a lot. We are here to report news without fear or faith.
Speaker 4: So that that meeting would have been great after the Trump Harris debate if it had been because who had that ABC, That would have been great to hear that after that where they just realized, well we went way too far. We fact checked one candidate ten times and the other candidate not at all.
Speaker 2: We need to.
Speaker 4: Or after last Tuesday or Tuesday's debate, the vice president if cbsn'd at that meeting. After that debate, I would have thought, oh, that makes sense. Yeah, but after this interview, here are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Rights? It's amazing.
Speaker 1: You're right. I take your point. She is being sincere. She thinks she is not full of crap. One A final clip one O three.
Speaker 9: I want to Acknowlange. There a lot of times that we do this really and then there are times that we don't, and there are times we fail our audiences and we fail each other. We're in one of those times right now, and it's been growing and now we.
Speaker 2: Are at a tipping.
Speaker 9: Many of you have reached out to express concerns over recent reporting, specifically about the CBS Morning's Coaches interview our last week, as well as comments made coming out of some of our correspondents reporting. I want to thank every single reached out for your honesty, your transparency, and.
Speaker 2: Your timid boy, but not the debate. You didn't mention the debate in there. Yeah that's that's funny, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: So what was I going to say? Wow? Well, that's the lesson. Put it out of my head as I chased down something else.
Speaker 4: That's the lesson for all of us, is that our bias going into it is so clouding of our perception. Apparently that the things have gotten completely out of hand here, completely out of hand. Somebody presented a you that wasn't progressive, and that's crazy.
Speaker 1: For years after the death of George Floyd, CBS this morning, and not to mention all of their other plants spouted the far left, neo Marxist, anti racist, black lives matter point of view, without opposition, without opposition, Nobody was even allowed to say, Hey, you know, that's actually a Marxist organization. They're using black resentment to further their far left goals. Nobody was even allowed to say that on CBS, though it is clearly true. For years and now, poor Tony Dcoppel dares question in a very fair and gentlemanly manner, one of the paragons of sainthood of the left, who responds intelligently and forcefully and defends himself in quite a lovely fashion, even if I think he's wrong ultimately, and that is the cause of soul searching at CBS. It's uh, it's something. Let's take a quick break. Tell you about our friends at Prize Picks. This is fun and it's easy. I'm a man who craves leisure. I've made that clear through the years, and Prize Picks is America's number one daily fantasy sports app with over five million active members. Prize Picks is the easiest and most exciting way to play daily fantasy sports. Unlike other apps, on Prize Picks, it's just you against the numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you pick more or less.
Speaker 4: Is there an over under on whether Taylor Swift, where's that sparkle glitter?
Speaker 2: Or is it only things that happen on the field?
Speaker 1: Problemly, I haven't seen that on Prize Picks, but yeah, you pick more or less on two to six player stat projections.
Speaker 2: Watch the winnings roll in. Yeah, right now.
Speaker 4: You can win up to one hundred times your money on Price Picks with as little as four correct picks, and withdrawals are fast, safe and secure. When your picks hit, you can get your money and as quick as fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks invented the flex play, which means you can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect. You can double your money even if one of your picks doesn't hit. So download the Prize Picks app today. Use the code armstrong get fifty dollars instantly when you play five. That's the code Armstrong on prize picks to get fifty bucks instantly when you play five. That's guaranteed. You don't need to win prize picks. Run your game. Are you're running your game? Run your game?
Speaker 2: I feel like you're not running your game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in case you doriticism, In case you didn't know that you cannot. It's called glitter freckles. Taylor Swift's glitter freckles. They're not expensive, they're sixteen dollars, but you can't buy them anywhere in the country right now because she had them on her face for the Money Night Football the other night and somehow that got caught on camera and traveled through social media.
Speaker 1: So glurb to you like, are so like nationwide? One like a so called beauty marker. Do you put like twenty on your face? Or how many do you do?
Speaker 2: Katie? Do you know it's.
Speaker 10: It's it's basically like a strip of temporary tattoos that goes over your nose, kind of like one of those nose strips, and then you get it wet and peel it off and there's a whole bunch of glitter freckles so stupid.
Speaker 2: It's fine. It seems like more like something you do if you're fourteen year old.
Speaker 4: An eight year old girl, but not a thirty four year old woman.
Speaker 10: It's huge in like the rave slash Coachella.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she was stoned, that's what's going Damn hippy. She's probably probably took Exsta see where she comes.
Speaker 1: In the booth, probably so damn drug taking hippie junkies.
Speaker 2: I'm not actually hippy.
Speaker 4: I'm not actually bothered by any of the tea swizzle stuff around the football and the Chiefs. The only part of it that bothers me is her overreaction to just a mundane catch, you know, like a five yard completion whatever, second and five, you know, you get whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, Just that's not that big a deal. People don't go Chriss.
Speaker 1: Always bothered you about her, right, She wins the seven hundred and third award of her career and acts as.
Speaker 2: If they finally love me, with their mouths wide open and everything. But yeah, but he, cause she's just enthusiastic.
Speaker 4: He catches a regular small game and she's hands on her cheeks and mouth over.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she turns in the hug. All right.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Jack, just because you've lost your capacity for joy doesn't mean you should punish the rest of us.
Speaker 4: Maybe glitter freckles would cheer me up to Maybe it kind of a little sparkle in my life.
Speaker 2: You can't get them, they're so that's true.
Speaker 4: I'll wait till they come back into stock, or I'll get some underground dark web version somewhere.
Speaker 2: Made with lead poisoning. Yeah, Thiland, Well we got more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 5: One of the biggest French fry factories in North America is closing because Americans are eating fewer French fries.
Speaker 2: People are eating fewer French.
Speaker 7: Fries than every Uber East driver was like, speak for yourself.
Speaker 2: I get it. I should. It's a real kryptonite food for me.
Speaker 4: I should never eat another French fry. I should never have another milkshake ever in my life. I should never eat another donut in my life. I should swear off those three things right there.
Speaker 2: In my life. Do it? I can't.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the trailer for the new Bob Dylan movie A Complete Unknown?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 4: Timothy shallow May as Bob Dylan. It's nineteen sixty five Bob Dylan right right when he's you know, launching and everything.
Speaker 2: Like that looks looks good.
Speaker 4: God, admit, I like Bob Dylan too much to be able to handle a biopic.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't feel like this about other artists when they do this, but I feel like I just I don't want you to.
Speaker 2: Do it wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm worried you're not going to handle something that I hold in such high regard correctly.
Speaker 2: It's weird. I don't usually have that feeling well.
Speaker 1: And if you're really into something, you have no need for a biopic, No, you do not.
Speaker 2: All this saw the reality of it true, but like, well, I disagree.
Speaker 4: I guess like war movies, I know exactly what happened, but to see it portrayed, it would have looked like if you were there. Oh yeah, and I'm hoping they can be okay, what was it like for him to be, you know, twenty eight years old in the coffee shop, brand new.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, don't overdo it, don't make it too schmaltzy or dumb it down.
Speaker 2: I can't handle that. Well, good luck with that. That'll make me angry. Okay, you think, yeah, what did the.
Speaker 1: Folk scene actually look and sound like in New York City in nineteen sixty five?
Speaker 2: You're you're right, I'm curious about that. This is dumb.
Speaker 4: Governor of California, Gavin Newsom signed in the law banning all plastic shopping bags of grocery stores. It's not officially a law, and I noticed they'd already started to switch over at my grocery stores. Now I get completely useless paper bags that will immediately go into the trash because I can't use them for anything else.
Speaker 2: Really, and uh, there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to come up with the right act of civil disobedience to defy this. A mink shopping bag or something made out of the good guts of pandas or I don't know what it would be that would be the most possible offensive. Maybe just Gavin big bags, as say, Gavin dow some sucks on the signs.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite libertarians tweeted out to that story. This is the epitome of a policy that sounds great to a small group of activists and looks perfect on a protest sign and yet it accomplishes effectively nothing except to make people's day to day lives a little more annoying performance art that is exactly right.
Speaker 2: And increases their cynicism appropriately. You're right, You're.
Speaker 4: Right for those because most of us see through it. We realize it's pointless. And all you've done is make my life a little more annoying. Not greatly more annoying, but a little more annoying for no good reason other than to a certain crowd.
Speaker 2: You made them feel better, over accomplished trying to do this, and you keep screwing it up. But that doesn't stop you from trying again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the second time today, I say. One of the advantages of being old is I can remember when they banned plastic bags and went all paper, or when they banned paper and went all plucks.
Speaker 2: I remember that very well. I was probably in my twenties. Save the trades, Save the trades.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, fine, Now I'll start purchasing plastic bags so that I have something to line my trash stands and pick up my dog poop as a post to using the ones from.
Speaker 2: The grocery store. No, that's banned now, and the handle breaks off your paper bag all the time.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm supposed to show up with my bag that I carry my trunk, but I'm never going to do that. Good for you if you do that, I can an understaand why any But I'm never going to do that. I'll just never get around to it.
Speaker 2: Here here, I got it.
Speaker 1: Every time I go to the grocery store, it will be with a burro who has two of those satchels on his side, that whatever you call those.
Speaker 2: Right saddle bags.
Speaker 1: I guess sure, yeah, I will lead my bureau through the grocery store, and if confronted, I will say, well, Gavin Newsom is banned the plastic bags I would otherwise use.
Speaker 2: So I've brought this bourou He laughed. I laugh.
Speaker 1: I would feed the thing a lot to make sure it's you. Well, you can guess there.
Speaker 2: I think we understand. So we got some good stuff an hour four.
Speaker 4: If you don't get our four, grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Subscribe Armstrong and Getty