Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brig and Jeffrey in the morning and this is your brand new Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for being here.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Today we got a guy who came up with a strategy on how to make sure his date was still thinking about him the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love every time we say a guy with a strategy.
Speaker 5: Strategy, and then we usually follow that with it backfire, yes, yeah, exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they're like, he didn't have a strategy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you're gonna hear the backfire here in just a second. But we always love to highlight your comments because it really truly means the world that you're here with us, that you're listening, that you're you know, supporting the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I saw one from first of all, just love the user name baby j is Cray for her babe. We said, I listen to you guys on my five plus mile runs every morning.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 4: Y'all even helped me get through my first three k I finished tenth in my age gap. My gosh, I just can't imagine racing next to someone who's listening to us in their headphones.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you're a runner. You don't listen to yourself. Say I'm listening to bad Dating, but maybe I should try.
Speaker 3: Imagine just passing another runner and she can hear herself in their head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so funny, and thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 1: Wherever you're listening with appreciated Your brand new Second date starts right now.
Speaker 3: Second Date update. The best advice Brooke ever gotten radio. I know this because Brooke mentioned it after she heard it at a radio conference. But it was be your authentic self.
Speaker 2: I hate that piece of advice. What else are you supposed to be? Just the you and it'll all work out? Said no one ever.
Speaker 1: Okay, it doesn't actually work that way.
Speaker 3: All right, And that's Brook's authentic self right there, just showing her anger and aggression. Put it right on the.
Speaker 1: Itun Be your authentic self and make a name for yourself is if you're.
Speaker 2: A nepo baby.
Speaker 1: There's a lot more work that is involved that does make you.
Speaker 3: Okay, cut the music, cut the music, okay. Remember just want me to.
Speaker 2: Go on about this because it really shaps my heart.
Speaker 3: We've got enough of the authentic you. I think the same advice I would think would apply to romance, though, to just be yourself, right, I guess, because seriously, too many people are putting up fronts when they're trying to impress love interests on dates, when actually it's probably a lot better for you to just drop the act and be who you really are. Yeah, meaning like for me, I wouldn't say I love hiking.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and I go on one hike every ten years.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's you sticking true to you. And apparently that's what one of our listeners, Dirk, is all about, staying true to his real self and finding someone with similar interests and hobbies as him, which is awesome to hear. So, Dirk, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry about that hard intro there. I'm glad you are who you are.
Speaker 3: Do you do you believe her when she says that I believe that? No, I'm asking, does Dirk believe you?
Speaker 6: I believe you? I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jerk and I are on the same page.
Speaker 3: He's terrified of you, So Dirk, let's just move on. Tell us what's the name of this woman and where did you meet her?
Speaker 6: So I'm calling about a lady named Michelle. Okay, we met at a volunteer charity event.
Speaker 1: That's I mean already you have some shared interest because you're both there supporting the same cause.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, Yeah, it was the Young Republicans for Grassroo Change.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, Brooke, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like a charity. That is a charity political movement. It's different. Okay, Brooke, can you helping people in need?
Speaker 3: You know they're helping didn't need grassroots.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean grassroots.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brook is anti grass now, so I'm sorry about that, jerk. Keep going. You met at this political party shared events.
Speaker 6: Look, I was there doing some networking and that's where I met Michelle and we started chatting, and I just felt like an action.
Speaker 3: Awesome, what do you guys do?
Speaker 6: Just nothing out of the ordinary, I would say. You know, we spent a few hours talking at the bar. We talked about shoes that we care about.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: Obviously, you know she was going through some difficulties with her job. You know, she's a little frustrated. Yeah, and so you know I try to give her sort of like an like an impromptu you know, like a pep talk about I'm mocking her in her greatness?
Speaker 2: Unlocking? Is that the last self help book you read?
Speaker 3: Wow? Sound like it, right, I do. Like when I go on the internet and you scroll and you see one of those speeches for like thirty seconds, it's like, you can do it take on the day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes, I can't. Really, I'm like, you don't know me. It's so fake in general, what a.
Speaker 3: Nice gesture for somebody to do to someone who's clearly struggling with their job, to like offer some words of encouragement that must feel good for her.
Speaker 6: I'm actually I'm a professional motivational speaker. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: You were working while on your day head, Wow, did she have the response you were hoping for?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it towards the end of the day, and it looked like maybe she was just getting tired anyways and thinking about her job is never so we kind of decided to wrap it there, so I figured, you know, i'd walk her.
Speaker 1: So she called the date she wanted it to be over after the motivational speech.
Speaker 6: I don't think right after. I think it was just already kind of feeling like it's towards the end of the night anyway.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, I might have overdone it a little bit, because when we did go outside, we were walking to her car, and there was some kids on skateboards, you know, and I try to give them some motivational advice.
Speaker 3: The young on the fly, just shouting motivational quotes at them.
Speaker 6: I said, like you you are your own skate ramp to success.
Speaker 2: Oh God, all right, up in the back down again.
Speaker 3: A little surprised that didn't run over and try and beat you up. This was in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: But flip you the bird.
Speaker 3: But how did you leave it? With you? And Michelle?
Speaker 6: Well, when I dropped her off, I gave her a little keepsake.
Speaker 2: Oh no, what did you give her? Well?
Speaker 6: I had written down some inspirational quotes.
Speaker 1: Oh can you share one of the things you wrote down with her?
Speaker 6: One of them was a tomorrow is always bigger than today.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: But the sun will come out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yes, well that's a quote from a song. You can't steal that. We're gonna get sued. I mean, that's a nice gesture to be, like, I'm here to support you and help you out. Right.
Speaker 4: If anybody did their job that much on a date like it doesn't matter what job it's like, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: I mean, unsolicited advice is always a little touchy for people. But I understand his sentiment. I think that he was trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, press her a little bit, because like, how often do you meet someone who like is a motivational speaker?
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's a time and a place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I might have been just a little bit nervous, just went back to what I know how to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if she says that's a reason, can you turn it off next time?
Speaker 3: What can you stop being who you are?
Speaker 4: Want to know about a bad day and not have to hear positive feedback?
Speaker 2: He's like on. It sounds like he's on all the time.
Speaker 6: And like I said, I was there, Ris, what did you hear about that? Lady?
Speaker 2: I don't understand that. I'm asking if you could be relaxed.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe you should relax a little bit on him.
Speaker 1: I mean he called to figure out what was wrong, and that may have been we may think what turned her off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how long has it been since the date happened?
Speaker 6: It's been like a week and a half.
Speaker 3: Do you know if she read your motivational quotes?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I told her to read them in the morning, but she didn't read.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's just waiting for tomorrow to call you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tomorrow is always big, bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you never actually get to tomorrow.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: That could have been a little bit confusing to her. So maybe she'll pick up the phone and we can clear it all up and motivate her to greatness. Yes, we're going to ride the escape ramp to success of the second date update.
Speaker 2: You don't get it very big could do it.
Speaker 3: Right after this hold on second Date update. I was going to read some inspirational quotes to motivate my co host to have a great part too, really, but I'm not sure they can take any more inspiration.
Speaker 2: I have been over inspired all.
Speaker 3: Not surprised. After we heard from Dirk about his first date with Michelle, where his natural self came out and his natural self is being a positive motivational speaker. He tried to give some encouraging words to Michelle about her job, which she was complaining about. He shouted some affirmations at some skateboarding teens, even handed Michelle a little piece of paper with handwritten quotes designed to lift her spirits and despite all those good vibes and good intentions, Michelle has been avoiding him.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe he forgot to put the last one. Call me back as the motivational.
Speaker 3: That is possible. Sometimes you need to really spell it out. Dirky didn't put that in your motivational quotes.
Speaker 6: That was not one of them.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, maybe add it for next time.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard from other people in your life, like on a personal level, maybe you overdo it with motivation.
Speaker 6: I'll be honest, I don't have a ton of friends, so you know, I would say like that is not something I've heard all that often. But a lot of people also don't know that much about me, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's not a lot of time to make friends when you're busy inspiring the world.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we know a lot about you other than the motivational stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's actually all we know.
Speaker 3: But that's still a positive thing. Like if a guy start going through a motivational speech, you're not gonna be like shut up, right, he's.
Speaker 2: Trying some context, hopefully not on a day.
Speaker 3: I'm just praying that Michelle picks up the phone and gets us some answers here, because he deserves that, right, Alexis Yes, right, did you even listen to what I said?
Speaker 2: There something we're calling?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you go.
Speaker 3: Let's style their number. Hopefully she picks up. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Michelle.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is Michelle.
Speaker 3: Hey Michelle. I'm not sure if you're ready for this, but you're on a radio show right now called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Michelle, we're good morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was such an annoyed sigh.
Speaker 2: We get it.
Speaker 3: We're already awake. Yeah, may be sorry. I know it's early. So we're just hoping to make this really quick with you because we're doing a segment called a second Date Update. Okay, okay, I don't know if you're familiar, but it's where we try to help out our listeners who've gone out with somebody recently and they're not getting a call back for a second meet up.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, oh you heard.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're familiar?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, gotcha?
Speaker 3: All right, you want me to speed it up? I see. So we're calling on behalf of one of our listeners named Dirk, who you met up with recently.
Speaker 1: Oh god, okay, I'd love to hear how your date went.
Speaker 6: It's kind of weird, I guess, Okay, weird in what way?
Speaker 8: I mean, like we just went to a bar and stuff, but.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, we heard, I mean, just to recap what we know about it so far. Yeah, we heard. You went to a bar, you talked a lot about your shared interests, you opened up to you about your job being a little rough recently, and then he walked you home through a park by some skateboarding teens.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Did he tell you that he yelled at said skateboarders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that did come up.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: He said that he shouted some affirmations maybe at them, Yeah, something about the skate ramp of life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you think about that?
Speaker 8: I mean, he told me that he was like a motivational speaker or something like that. But like these were just like random kids. It was kind of like all putting, you know, at the end of the day. That was already kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they are skateboarding, so you could tell their life's kind of on a deathboardje.
Speaker 5: Skateboarding is a valid hobby, just like any other hobby.
Speaker 3: Okay, name one skateboarder who went on to do great things Tony. He's still he's retired. I didn't do anything anyway. Sorry, but we're not getting sidetracked with the values of skateboarding. Back to Dirk Y and you, Yeah, what did you think about him yelling all the motivational quotes at them?
Speaker 6: I mean, I get it, he said, it's like his job and stuff.
Speaker 8: But like he said, he doesn't do it that much. I was like, yeah, you kind of do it. Was like, I mean, you already try to motivate me, and now you're talking to like these kids that are just skateboarding. And then he's like, I only have like one client right now anyways. And I'm like, okay, well, are you like coaching like a CEO or like what's the deal. I'm like yeah, and he was like I'm the client right now. What. I was like, you have one client? And he was like no, it's like me, like I wake up, I talk to myself in the mirror, like I record them, Like the motivational speeches are really helping me.
Speaker 1: So he motivates himself every morning and he considers himself his own client.
Speaker 8: Yeah. No, Like you know, I was like, I'm a great client to myself right now.
Speaker 3: And what an ultimate that's ultimate job security. You know that you're not going anywhere.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was like it's fine. I was like I get it, Like maybe you're just quirky or some like I don't I don't know, And I was like, can you just tone it down? And I'm like he dropped me off and like wrote a bunch of quotes down for me when I was in the bathroom and then like I like just like he left and I just sat there like was I just like punked? I was like, did I not understand like what he was saying?
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe you weren't reading the quotes the right way and you need to hear them spoken directly by Dirk because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you. In no way, that's how this works, Dirky there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love Michelle. Oh hi, Dirk, Like it makes me a little sad to hear that you didn't have a good time and I want to find time.
Speaker 8: Like do I not get it though? Like are you actually your own client or am I confused?
Speaker 6: Yes, I am a motivational speaker. At the current moment, I am my only client.
Speaker 8: But here like like what am I to do?
Speaker 3: With that, I think maybe dirt. She's a little confused, because how can you call yourself a professional motivational speaker if you don't actually speak to anybody else except yourself.
Speaker 2: If you don't get paid.
Speaker 1: I think that's a part of professional. You could be aspiring motivational speaker. That's a good maybe title an aspiring motivational speaker?
Speaker 3: Well I did.
Speaker 6: I did have two clients in the past. They were paying clients, but they could not afford my rates. Oh, which is why I had to drop them.
Speaker 8: Okay, so you charge a lot on top of all of this, but you can pay for your own rates like you can afford yourself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have a good deal works out with myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's nice. Friends and family discount there.
Speaker 2: Do you have another job?
Speaker 6: This is currently my main focus. I am writing a book about my experience.
Speaker 8: Of coaching yourself.
Speaker 3: What's the title of your book.
Speaker 6: I'm writing two books. First book is going to be called Starts with Yourself. Starts with Yourself, and then the second book is if you can't say it to the mirror, who could you say it to?
Speaker 8: And there's no way?
Speaker 3: Why are you feeling so inspired by what he says right.
Speaker 8: Now from somebody else, can you not stop?
Speaker 1: We kind of talked to Dirk about that already, like, maybe tone it down a little bit, Dirk, and show her other sides of you, outside of the motivational speaker.
Speaker 2: Part impressure in other ways, like who are you?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: Like what do you love to do? What do you care about?
Speaker 6: I love motivating people to be the best way.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm pretty motivated to get off the phone now, Jeff.
Speaker 3: I don't like that we're all giving up on Dirk for trying to be himself.
Speaker 1: But I don't think he's trying to be himself. I think that's the problem, Jeff. He's trying to be a version of himself that he wants to be. He's not being who he is. Like, if you're on all the time, you're not being your authentic self.
Speaker 2: That's my new book long title.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Dirk, you have some competition in the a literary world coming up with Brooks here. But I still like to get you another date. I mean, I know this is a long shot, but we would offer to pay for a second date for you, Michelle with Dirk, if you're willing to give him another chance.
Speaker 1: And you said you liked him outside of that, right, outside of the.
Speaker 2: Too many inspirations.
Speaker 8: Let me ask this, do you guys think that you would feel safe in a room alone with him at this point after learning all this?
Speaker 3: Like I say, you should ask that question to yourself in the mirror.
Speaker 5: Yes, like second book, Yeah, look at you already read the book.
Speaker 8: This is freaking not It's like, no, I'm sure I'll read about him in the news one day, but I'm out.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's one of the most inspiring leaders that this country has ever seen.
Speaker 2: I think he's the opposite of dangerous. But yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't, Dirk, it's sounding like it's a no from Michelle. Do you have any last words for her? Anything to motivate her or us or our listeners inspire us.
Speaker 6: It's okay, just look in the mirror. It starts with you.
Speaker 1: Yep. I like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's good. So it wasn't the best match this time, Dirk, but you keep at it, and there's definitely going to be a woman out there who appreciates a little bit of motivation in their life.
Speaker 6: I believe.
Speaker 1: So, Okay, I think the key there is a little bit.
Speaker 3: A microscopic amount of motivation.
Speaker 2: That's what we need to leave with, Dirk.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We crush the spirits of a motivational speaker in one second data update. Amazing.
Speaker 1: If we weren't going to do it, it was.
Speaker 3: Looking Jeffrey in the morning. I don't do this often, but text into seventy five nine too. If you want to hire a young, aspiring motivational speaker whose rates are astronomically high because he has plenty of availability.
Speaker 1: To take you on a yeah, he can only afford to hire himself. Yeah, you know what, I bet we're going to be flooded with skateboarders who are really looking, totally good skateboard analogies to be.
Speaker 3: Affirmed by motivation one hundred percent. And I'm sure you do. You get what you pay for, just like when you email us for free help with your data line.
Speaker 2: That is truth.
Speaker 3: Sure we will call that person who's not calling you back. Will we actually help though, question mark.
Speaker 2: We'll try.
Speaker 3: That is a promise.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is an a for effort type of show.
Speaker 3: Brook. I know you're kind of anti motivation, but can you say something to inspire people to subscribe to our podcast?
Speaker 2: It's also free.
Speaker 3: Yeah big. There you find it online. If you're not there already, hit that subscribe button and check it out at Brook and Jeffrey