Speaker 1: Yeah, it's big Cheeto. Oh three Grido. The emotion of the city is what they call me. You feel me right here with Bootleg.
Speaker 2: Kids Bootleg Air Podcast Special guests. Finally we got him fresh off of incredible Novo run here in Los Angeles. You're welcome home shows I heard where legendary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was turned to fuck up.
Speaker 2: Oh three Grido. Man, you can say whatever you want, man, Welcome home.
Speaker 1: Man, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: It's good to see you. Uh, you know, I mean, I feel like, while you've been incarcerated, I brought your name up so much in so many interviews because I feel like you don't get enough respect when it comes to just your influence.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I feel like you and Draco had that in common in terms of just like just the influence on like a whole entire generation of what we consider hip hop. You know what I'm saying, just whether it's La shit or not. Man. So it's it's good to see you, man. Welcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just on some updated La shit. Like let's let's we understand what the original culture was and it still is to some people of those ages or wherever they're from. But we're like, bro, we got Detroit, Partners in Atlanta, partners in New York partners and Memphis partners. Like it's really like the whole world is on they fashion shit now. It's not like when like you had to look at certain states that had big Tea's and certain states that ware the Khaki's, Like everybody's wearing Balenciaga and shit, and they've been doing that shit in La. We want to speak for that. We want to speak for the Flockers, We want to speak for like the other pieces of the culture frem here, whether we was doing it or not, was not what we were trying to put We were just putting a soundtrack to people who had to do that to get out. They live, the Flockers, the Chrappers, the whole It was just all three of us.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say Shortline too. Shortline had a lot a lot of influence as well, So I got to give them props because I feel like it was kind of at the same time, y'all all kind of getting it.
Speaker 1: That was our family. Drummers, think Mafia drummer, Stinky Beaches, that was our family. Draco Crawled. Just that. Yeah, That's how it was though, And we was all just on something like this a new wave, even though Gez like shit, Oh Jez showed a new culture. I feel like for Hispanics from Los Angeles, even though there is a lot of new artists that's Hispanic, that's art too. I'm just saying at the time, people didn't know like there was people that was living like he was living or dressing like.
Speaker 2: That's what I tell o, Jiz. I'm like you kind of because I'm from Arizona, so I'm very well aware of like Chicano rap and a lot like a lot of the Mexican rap history. I'm like, oh, Jez, you kind of show people like you don't have to make that like stereotypical.
Speaker 1: Not even just that that was like really who he was, like you know for sure, Uh he was really like we didn't dress him in what he was dressed in. You know what I'm saying. He was coming with them CDG air forces and shitting spilling lean all over him or just the way that he was doing shit was like, damn, this nigga is hella creative? So I really took it like an old j Z early what an individual time with every member.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, do you remember how old you were or how old o Jiz was when you guys initially met, because I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, he was a baby, all them niggas babies. I'm the big broo all of them nigga's babies. I'll talk to him the other day and he told me he was turning. I don't know if he told anybody. Yeah, I'm like, what the fuck my little kid, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, oh shit. But I had a personal time with every member of uh Shoreline. I can't say every member Sting Team because it's a million, but a lot of Uh. Me and Ralphie probably have more songs from back then than me and Draco doing. We got a lot of songs to Ralphie.
Speaker 2: He was just up here, even with.
Speaker 1: Catchy the Great like that was one of my co stars and he was Stink Team. So that was just a fun ass time. It was heartbreaking so much stuff that came behind it because it was like our shit broke up when we didn't even break up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was just like you go away, you gotta go sit down. Obviously, Shortline kind of goes their separate ways. You know, rest in peace to Draco, resting piece to Catchy It just like you.
Speaker 1: Said, long live. You know what I'm saying, We ain't right. We were going off there, we ain't We ain't getting no rest long live.
Speaker 2: I just say for you, you're being locked You're being locked up when Draco passes. That had to be a hard thing to deal with from you know, behind bars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't really rocked with the phone for a while after that, you know what I'm saying, I didn't really just knowing my background and the type of individuals I come up around, like, I know that nobody got no filter, and I didn't really want to hear it, uh, no opinions or anything more than what I was already hearing because the stories were sounding crazy and just wrapping my mind around everything because I had just lost Dolph. I think that was just a few weeks before.
Speaker 2: Get Doll passed away in November, uh, and then Draco passed away in December.
Speaker 1: And it's different when it's people that you don't spend time with or shook hands with, or vibes with or anything, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Or Yeah, Dolph was a close friend of my Dolph was a great guy.
Speaker 1: The last what, I woke up in a mansion where I was with a little Pump and Oozy and Smoke Purp and Dub and we was in there and we was recording and chilling and shit, and I missed my flight to go to Texas. So I caught the first one in the morning, and the last people that I talked to on the phone was Nipsey and Dolph or getting.
Speaker 2: On the plane before you turn yourself in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it was just like crazy, you know, like the people that were rooting for me or you know whatever, collaborate with me or whatever the case is, whatever our relationship was, it was just crazy to just somebody that you used to just shake hands with. Okay, out of all the bunch, this is what's going on. And then it started to feel like back to back with pmb rock. Yeah, it let alone like homies from my ghetto or like yeah, there was just so many things back to back or childhood friends or just family members off COVID. So I was just like, you know, when the Draco shit came, it was towards the end as well as the takeoff in pm.
Speaker 2: B Rock, and it was just like you know, I'm just my phone away man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Just if it wasn't taking care of business, I wasn't really getting on the.
Speaker 2: Phone, right, I can't blame you. Man. What was the conversation with Nip and Dolph, Like before you turn yourself in.
Speaker 1: Nip first thing was just like, don't worry about it because even though you're gonna be gone, you left such an impact on the city. It's gonna go. It's gonna keep going. Everybody love you. Greeto. Like you know what I'm saying. I'm calling you as a brother. You know what I'm saying. It's just you know, giving me that pep talk before I went out to the ring. You know what I'm saying. Just that always was, you know, the coach. You know what I'm saying. That always was. I mean we did a few songs, we did some songs, but our relationship was just kind of like just I don't know, just like yeah, Nigga, like he was so excited for me. He would call me when I go to New York for the first time or go to Double Xcay or wherever I'm going, and it'd just be like, yeah, nigga. Yeah, just this is yeah, this is what you're supposed to be doing. And just like I'll be telling people like when I saw Kobe's funeral and Jordan was talking about when Kobe hit him anytime in the night, Hey should I shoot like this? Should I do? Like that? That's who Nipsey was for me, Like most rappers, we operate like in the wee hours of the night anyway. But just that pep talk and the same with Dolph, just the same old you know what I'm saying, you good, You're gonna bounce back.
Speaker 2: Dolph was a great guy man, of course. I mean, it's just it's just I feel like it's crazy to think like Leo's man, because you got locked up? Was it twenty eighteen? Uh huh yeah, And just to think like how the like all the people.
Speaker 1: Bug got locked up. I turned myself in. That was crucial. And I had to turn myself in on a plane run what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 1: Ooh, I didn't want to go. Already missed the flight and I'm sitting here in this mansion with Oozzi and all these niggas. I'm like, man, I'm won't wrap. I ain't going no right catch me if you can, I'd have did it before. Fuck this, But I was like, man, let me take care of this, because if it turns out worse, you won't be talking to me today. You know what I'm saying. I won't be selling out the Novo two nights in the row and going on the road. You know what I'm saying. That my pocaing Okay, it was just looking like something.
Speaker 2: Well you were prepared for, you know, because you were supposed like like your settence originally you were supposed to be going for about ten years, right.
Speaker 1: Twenty still got twenty years. Right now, I'm on pro I'm on parole, but they paros like you still got to do the rest of your time. So I get off parole in twenty thirty eight.
Speaker 2: So period, but you're free, You're able to come. Yeah, just be on your piece and Q. So I was gonna say, like I remember talking to TK about just the amount of music that was just.
Speaker 1: I got that from Lil Wayne when he was finna go to jail, right, I got that for show from Lou Wayne because you.
Speaker 2: Were I had heard stories that you were doing the records and then shooting like back to back to back to back music videos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still hell of unreleased videos. I have released the video to Substance way later, and then it took off on TikTok. I have I paid whoever was in charge of that. I guess I was doing so much at the time. They never paid the director. And then when I when I found out, I shot on the bread and then we released it and then TikTok took it.
Speaker 2: Hey, TikTok wasn't a thing when you when you was, I.
Speaker 1: Never heard of it.
Speaker 2: There's a sting where you just it just shows you everything you like non stop.
Speaker 1: I saw at one point the Substance challenge was like them showing their teeth. Yeah, like, if this is what's bringing the platinum Placus showed them, motherfuckers. I'm with it, fucking whatever the challenge is, do that shit. I love it.
Speaker 2: Do you remember or have an idea of the amount of records that you cut in case you did have to?
Speaker 1: Well, already I ain't gonna lie to you. I already recorded like Hella songs every day of my life any chance that I got, even when I lived in the trap, in the powerhood, in the Campanella Park, Bribhood, Bro, I'm just recording, recording, recording, recording, recording, you know what I'm saying. It's like I always wanted to be like Lil Wayne or like at the time, like it was some Gucci shit going crazy. Gez and the Gucci Gangster Girls just blew my mind. Just at the time, we were so into it. It was like watching wrestling or something goddamn. Like we was with into every character. We're like, what's drama doing with Gucci man? Then he all on the background, I'm talking about the Gucci has been inducted, abducted. We're like, oh shit. And at the time I didn't even I wasn't the hugest Gucci fan, but I had just got out of gym. My cousin played me that shit and it was just like this nigga that need balled into a superhuman. This is around the time when photos Shooting I'm a Star came out, This when Gucci the movie and Burtprint three D came out with DJ Drama, and I was just like, what the fuck, Like I want to have my fans in doge like that. That's why it was so important to hurry up and drop. When I came home before I dropped like a real tape that was just the shit we could clear.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's crazy too because your output is at such a high level. Like I think Gucci's album that he dropped either earlier this year or late last year, had like seventy songs. You just dropped the thirty three song project. You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: Gucci can't be fucked with the Gucci Future. Lil Wayne and I say, Boosie, that's like my mixtape mount Rushmore. That's like, if you really pay attention, that's really what all my shit is. And then when I heard Thug later on, that's what kind of like helped me play with my voice more and shit like really being a big feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Thug did a good job of I always say, using his voice as like an instrument kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cause I've been on that, but I just was like kind of like not going all the way full fledged like pop start with it because of where I was from and who I was around. Because a song like Substance, Yeah, it's like I slipped like the Gang's lyrics in it, but the whole setup of that song is like this shit really like not even something you would think of black nigga would make you know what I'm saying, And that's why that shit is so timeless and shit like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you you pride yourself on not necessarily. I saw you correct somebody in terms of like not making quote unquote West Coast.
Speaker 1: Rapause that's a genre. That's a genre a record store sometimes you'll see West Coast. That's a genre. I'm saying, I'm not the genre that was like some characters for that time. We all characters, so I'm not saying that to take nothing from it. But those people were from places that aren't even close to where I'm from, you know what I'm saying. They're not even from the state that I'm from, but a lot of them not even just like at the end of the day, I'm telling the story of you know, going up Wilmington to going down roads Crans, I'm going from Wise Compton and Guardena like the regions that I really know. You know, I'm painting that picture, you know what I'm saying. So I just try to show people like you know, the reason I don't jump on that is because I'm a real trap nigga too. You know what I'm saying, I'm a real out of town nigga too. I'm a real you know what I'm saying. I still be with my people from other states. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Well, you described your last day before turning yourself in as to me a perfect example of what you were able to help do, and that was ridge a whole world of like you mentioned Pumpin' Uzy, right and shout out to Desto Dubb who actually helped a lot of this is too, but just there's like a whole generation of kids that were looking for like an artist like yourself, like Drac or like Shoreline to kind of like not necessarily you know, like you said.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like six or seven artists that's out right now. I won't I won't just say their name in case it makes it. I don't want to make it seem like it's a flex on the right. But they'll give me my you know, respect on that shit of me like opening up a door where artists could be different, or you could be more melodic, but you could talk about what you want to talk about, or like even like the producer, there's a lot of people that make their own beats. Too, or people that just only make beats. I inspired producers just like producing never bend, or you know what I'm saying, just like some of my bigger songs, Sweet lady, you know what I'm saying, or people you know what I'm saying, just seeing like those are real people into songs. Shit, I just let people say, you know, tell your own story. You know what I'm saying, be yourself if you like whatever you like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: While you're locked up versus pops off and I've been saying this. You and r J did the first verses ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember the individual I did it with. I remember I thought of that idea and it was jumping.
Speaker 2: I remember me and DJ Head were like.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's always a touchy situation. I don't want to answer nothing to make it feel like we restarting on disrespect.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm not even talking about that specific situation. I'm just saying, like it's just kind of crazy to think, like.
Speaker 1: I just trying to stay talking about me.
Speaker 2: That was a very successful, peaceful event that you know, we always meet me and had always talking. We're like, but that low key was the first verses that ever happened, Like you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I missed out.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't do any paperwork too, because that was the note I created that Novo and you guys did it in Orange County, right, Yeah, I didn't do no paperwork to say that I created that. And then.
Speaker 1: I was telling uh Picasso, like, hey, man, I probably should trademark this because ain't nobody never did this. He was like, well, it kind of with Drake versus little way I guess a editory yeah, where they said up like that, Like but they from the same team. I'm saying, this is like something that could even turn into violence, and I and I I would probably just rather get the credit for doing something positive just saying that I was the first to create that because I didn't. I didn't. I mean the concept is similar, but no.
Speaker 2: But it was it was dope to see that positive outcome of that because you know what ended up happening. But I just thought I just thought it was d Like, again, you're an innovator, man, So.
Speaker 1: I wish I did do some paperworking out with making some money. For sure, I didn't. I missed out on that, how crazy.
Speaker 2: Was it dealing with COVID while being incarcerated.
Speaker 1: Having COVID while incarcerated was horrible? And then I feel like I still don't breathe the same as shit.
Speaker 2: So you had it? Could you taste? Could you smell it?
Speaker 1: Tastes smell? I'm greedy. I'm gonna still taste that food. I gotta seat. But my body was feeling like I got hit with like some some heavious bitch, like I got into an accident or something. I was like, god damn. And I was one of the COVID doubt It's like, that's not no real shit. And then you got y'all out there going through weird shit. Yeah, they're telling me it's like a ghost town. I'm like, that's what y'all get. I'm out here in the ghost town.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Everybody was kind of and especially La. I'm sure you heard. La was crazy. There was no traffic, which is like you could get to wherever.
Speaker 1: You wanted, where police was at I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, bro. There was zero traffic. You could get to like Orange County in like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: I've been I would have been flying to that ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was crazy. Bro like and then the homeless ship just blew up, like I don't know if I mean there was always homeless ship, you know, obviously, but now it's like wherever you're at, oh yeah, it's them encampments is turning up in La, man, it's.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you'd be in a nice area sometimes.
Speaker 2: Like Venice Beach during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: I don't never be in La like that no more. It's just I like experiencing life, you know what I'm saying. I like to see new things. I didne did La. Of course, I understand what comes with being like one of the first people living his life from you know, any of the areas I came up in, Yep, So I walked like, I don't really come to LA. I know where I'm at, I know what I'm what it's about.
Speaker 2: It's also like, why put yourself in a way if you don't got to be It's like anything that you could do as a rapper you've seen and done, like you only got to do the necessary shit, you know what I'm saying. That's I think that's where people like unfortunately, like you know, when we hear about stuff happening to the artists, when they come to La. It's like, but you were probably moving around. You know, a little for you.
Speaker 1: Was that you should have just been in your being be here, Like why are you going away Meilroad?
Speaker 2: Where you want that fifty dollars tech on? You know what I mean? Like yeah, yeah, so you know.
Speaker 1: This ain't no place where they gonna like they respect a certain person, a certain type of person people do anything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, speak to the correlation, because you and Draco were and even the you know OJZ and those guys heavily tied in with the Detroit guys early too. I think I want to say, like some of the earliest pas I ever heard was through y'all. So like, give me the what is it about Detroit and the West Coast that they feel like country cousins? You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the West Coast, I know about like the.
Speaker 2: Bay and then like you guys.
Speaker 1: I know I know where I'm from. Its just like you know, similar mentality, similar, like dress code similar, kind of not accents because it's different, but it's almost like similar. Similar. A lot of people kind of get the young artists get their flow, like being influenced by Detroit artists. I'm doing the whole table with hell of a A lot of it sounds like, you know, that old mob music, like before they did the hypeie shit, like that old Eave forty shit and shit, and he's like, yeah, they I used to jam nothing but that. So it's just like, you know, it's always been certain places that fuck with California too, because even when I was in Texas, Houston always be like, yeah, we being fucking with Y'ALLU with y'all heavy right just on the street level. So I don't know, I don't know. I guess we just chock with each other. We like how each other right.
Speaker 2: Out of all those songs you recorded before you went in, are you just like, are we still putting those out? Or now that you're out, are you trying to like fresh.
Speaker 1: Some of them? Some of them Like I'll touch up the stuff I have with like some of the peoples in the past, just to make sure it's.
Speaker 2: It's right right.
Speaker 1: But some of that shit ain't never gonna come out. I don't know, give it to my daughter or something, let her flip that shit or something.
Speaker 2: When I'm on I love that. What's up, y'all? We got to stop the interview real quick to tell you about our good friends at my bookie. That's right, it is NBA Finals. You gotta hammer the Nuggets. I don't know, they might sweep the heat. I would look at the serious odds on that. Go to my bookie right now, Let's get some money, man. All right. Baseball, of course is in full effect. We got Stanley Cup Finals, NFL seasons on the way. Sign up at my bookie dot ag right now, use the promo code Bootleg and you will get that first deposit bonus. All right. Look, I don't care where you're at. You can go to my bookie dot ag. Let's gamble on some sports. They got the casino. You can do live blackjack, you could do live roulette, craps, you could do all kinds of slots. And of course bet on the NBA finals. Bet on the NHL Stanley Cup Finals is crazy. Shout out to the Vegas gold Knights. That's what I'm rooting for. And of course baseball season man. All right, so look right now my bookie dot ag. Use that promo code Bootleg and sign up. When you do use that promo code, they're going to give you a first deposit bonus straight to your account, free money. All right, my bookie, dot ag go do that. Also got to give a shut out to our family at blue Chew. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. It's getting hot outside. That means. I don't know what that means. It's just hot. So I feel like when it's hot, people want to fuck more. Right, So, you know, fellas if you're dealing with the rectile dysfunction, it happens to the best of us. I'm sure. Maybe you are old, Maybe you are dealing with stress and work. Maybe you don't want to sleep with the same lady that you're married to over and over. You need a little extra motivation. They get that thing. Stand up, you know what I mean. Go to a blue choo dot com, use the promo code Bootleg, and they'll send it straight to your door. Three month supply of blue Choo for free. All right. Now, does blue Choo work? Yes, it does. You're gonna get a free month supply to be able to see for yourself. Blue shoo dot com promo code Bootleg. Now, if you don't know what it is, it is the same active ingredient as viagra and sialis, but in a chewable form. And you do not have to go to a doctor's appointment, all right, you do everything online. You don't have to go sit at a doctor's office and talk to some old man in a lab quote about your dick issues. Not necessary anymore in twenty twenty three, right, So go to blue Choo, sign up with that promo code bootleg, get a month's supply for free. Let's get back to the interviews. Has anyone approached you a BYU buying your catalog yet, because you know everyone's buying catial No.
Speaker 1: I like that though. I like that well right now. Probably not the same time next year, but right now, I'm like, if you know, you know type of artists, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, but you have a lot of.
Speaker 1: Nobody coming at me with that shit, man, right, I mean I got a reputation from my reactions, so I'm a real artist, Like I take this to heart, Like I was just talking to double about some the way I was looking at something. So it's creatively. People don't know how much I put into like my album covers or my videos myself, like even like some of the videos they drop since I've been out. I had to cuss everybody out, like I need to start directing my own shit because it's like, y'all hear the lyrics, how y'all hear it and interpret howt y'all, But that's not even telling the story of the song, you feel me? So, oh No, I just be big on representing who I am as an artist, like standing up for this shit, like really, like I got this street story in this street respect or whatever. But I'm still like a for real kid, the Kanye kid, a Virgil kid, you know what I'm saying. So I'm trying to leave a stamp, like I'm trying to stay in the world with like a cold trail. You know what I'm saying, something that ain't just normal, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think, like if you think I mean, I always say this, Like if you think about the guys who are I call them like forever guys, Like there's a certain amount of attention to detail all those guys have, you know, whether it's Drake, whether it's Cold, whether it's Kendrick, Like the attention to detail that every little thing is like very high. You know what I'm saying. Like, and they're also very heavily influenced I think with like you said, the artwork, a lot of guys will just drop a just pay some dude online.
Speaker 1: People gotta realize it ain't nothing more for ever than music or a moment that involves music. Like that's why you remember certain moments, you know what I'm saying. Certain like songs might sample something from your past and you'll remember exactly what you was doing at that time.
Speaker 2: You feel me, what's your earliest hip hop memory and the.
Speaker 1: Future in your friend? When my uncle had like a pull out radio and I'm so lame, I'm like, let me hold that motherfucker. I just want to hold it, man, Like I got this big ass radio, but just hearing ain't a future in your friend like that beat over and over. I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: That's MC breathe right, Yeah, got to Florid a.
Speaker 1: Key though all that shit. So that shit was just like, what the fuck is this? I used to be in love with that little sound. It is in that dope man, dope man, this in that shit too, you know that little sound, that little.
Speaker 2: Did your uncle have a CD book with some heat in it? Or was it a tape deck or what was it both?
Speaker 1: I see both of them. Levels.
Speaker 2: I always had like the older cousin who had like the fat CD book I couldn't afford to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there used to be the thing, especially niggas that had like tie holes and ship.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, ye had that CD book. You had a seven disc changer.
Speaker 1: Hold on, guys, that used to be the ship in California, like a two door ton or something. Man beat it out. Nothing like when your city book.
Speaker 2: Would get stolen too. It goes on or they just take something out of it.
Speaker 1: You got you got certain albums behind certain albums and ship like I got you on some old niggas Ship that wasn't me though, that was like some older niggas house.
Speaker 2: But you know, I'm definitely thirty.
Speaker 1: And you know it was hard about CDs. You know who was hard? How Outcasts or Rick Ross? Like always every disc.
Speaker 2: With Outcasts, all the discs were naked women.
Speaker 1: Naked bit with like colors and ship, and then Rick Ross had a different color of him with the beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every that's I think that's one thing that we're missing. Like, I mean, obviously you can still go buy vinyls and stuff, but like just to like, like you said, attention to detail. Like outcasts, they always had some fly ship on their discs.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I wish I could have been in that area to make some crazy like some sort of theme. Sometimes you or you might put them all together and it shows like.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. No, I still think about like okay, like I just think about Snoop Dogg's Doggie style that blue picture of Snoop's head. Shout out to Snoop Man.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie rap. You used to be more serious like as far as like how to get it. It's easier to get it so smooth now for my money on great. But I remember like going to certain barbershops and going to the record store next door and getting like them free ships in the dough and it'd be like a sampler. It'd be like snipping. Yeah, you could you be the first nigga with this.
Speaker 2: So it's like or you go to the store and they'd have like there's this Virgin megastore by my house, and uh you could go and put on the headphones and like listen to CDs in the store. I do that and then I play the fucking was gonna be skipping, like you remember the video games samples have to like you be able to go to GameStop and play a game before it came out that Ship was lint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all that she used to be the reason he was in.
Speaker 2: There, hanging out in there just playing two K all day. They'd be like, you gotta go, you gotta buy something. Ship. Are you a Laker fan? You're a basketball guy. We were just talking sports. So are you with your team?
Speaker 1: I like all the players on the Lakers, So you're a Laker fan. Listen, listen. I'm a nigga from the bottom. So anybody who from out here that know like about being like certain programs as a kid because you have bad behavior or whatever. You was on the field trip. You going to a Clippers game on the flow? You're going like you.
Speaker 2: Damn on the flow, could go on the floor the Clippers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with a load. So I just grew up a Clipper fans, just being a port nigga and ship.
Speaker 2: But wait, wait, wait wait, we have a Clippers fan here.
Speaker 1: This is very rare, well great, but I fuck with everybody that's on the Lakers.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 1: I respect the Lakers store.
Speaker 2: I respect Clippers I love that ship.
Speaker 1: We always get a good team. We ain't gonna never win, so I don't be just like, oh man, we've benna win like I got. I pay attention to everybody and ship.
Speaker 2: I respect anybody who because I'm a die hard Clipper fan. I'm a and I'm an Arizona Cardinals fan, so I'm a tortured sports fan. I don't know what it's like to have a championship. But you're I mean.
Speaker 1: A Clippers, but they always almost do some shit to me.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be the Clippers and like never even sniffer it because they could.
Speaker 1: Be like hell no at this point, I know it ain't gonna happen, but I just love him anyway. Fuck it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I just had Baron Davis here. We were kind of going over some of like those O G Clipper teams that like even though once he was on and then like there was the year that Sam could sell, Tim Thomas was on the team.
Speaker 1: Darius Miles, Corey mcgetty, Quinn Richardson, Michael Oliver Candy, come on, man, it was some heat over there.
Speaker 2: It's Michael Old Candy, the biggest bust ever. Maybe he might be one of them, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: These Niggs might want to do some partnerships or something run into and they. I don't know. She Hey, I'm walking with all of them, but I don't know. Maybe I need to run my bes up and go get involved and get some clippers.
Speaker 2: She probably be part owner. Listen, they could you you as the halftime talent. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: That should have be packed out.
Speaker 2: I've been to like twelve Clipper games because again I get to go watch my sons and then we have eliminated y'all two or three years in a row. But every halftime show it's like kJ fucking halftime. It's like too short. I think, baby Bass, it's like the old school hip hop halftime show every time kid Ink was there. Yeah, they got they need Greto to touch that stage. Man, you got to touch.
Speaker 1: That that Hey.
Speaker 2: Who's the greatest Clipper of all time? Is it? Chris Paul?
Speaker 1: No, no disrespect to Chris Paul.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 1: Because he wasn't even really like no og Clipper Danny Manning, I don't know, like who the best Clipper Blake Blake at that time was a beast, Darius Miles at that time was a beast. Quinn Richion was a beast. No, it's gotta hey, who's my favorite? I don't know who's the best Clipper?
Speaker 2: Could he was your favorite all time?
Speaker 1: Patrick Beverly Pete, Yeah, Nigga be pitched. I like him. Every team he going be cause he just I don't know, like I like that, Like he don't care. He's gonna he gonna be himself. He ready to started fighting everything. He just I don't know.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of like Patrick Beverley has some of the crazy he just have you seen this podcast so recently he said that I don't know, do you saw how you went when they traded him to the Timberwolves and then the Timberwolves beat the Clippers in the.
Speaker 1: We can't see something my weekends Clippers.
Speaker 2: And he's standing on a thing he just said, like a week ago, he said, well we did in Minnesota that one year in that playing game means more than what that.
Speaker 1: But he opened up his offensive game in Minnesota though I ain't gonna lie he was going on in the playoffs in the playoffs. Was that last year when it was uh they traded John's dad got the Nigga way to Jersey. I was last year Patrick Beverly was definitely shooting threes and shit, he even turned up at the Bulls a little bit. He just ain't gonna be you know, well, I don't know what he gonna be. I wish you could, because that's one of my favorite players.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 1: I like players like that that. Don't you know what I'm saying. We ain't doing the norm, like we're going against it.
Speaker 2: No, I love Patrick Beverley. He's like the kind of guy who you hate until he's on your team and then you love him.
Speaker 1: Bill You nah for real? No, I know I respect it. Anytime I see my boy, I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 2: He's like because like I I hate Draymond Green, like I love like I've met him. He's a nice guy. But as a player I hate. Don't let Draymond Green come on the suns. I'm gonna love him.
Speaker 1: I don't think I got no player. I just hate that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say hates a bad word. Sports I called sports hate.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm thinking, like who I just sports ain't probably in football.
Speaker 2: Like I sports hated Steph Curry. I just sports hate him, dude. I'm just like he's too perfect, he's too perfect. I want some scandal. I want to can he slide into it? Only the probably got some scandal. But you know they be sweeping out in the room for the big It's hard to sweep it under the road these days. You see Zion out here with these he's a he's a fucking wow.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you try Zion. Man's man. I don't know, hey, man, I don't know whatever we go through with these females, I feel hey, say man, listen, we don't list twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: You go in, you get out. Only fans is a thing. So there's just way more chicks that are like fully engaged just period and like.
Speaker 1: People on some other shit, females be not all of them. It's gotten a lot worse on some other shit. Even ask for something. Who are talking.
Speaker 2: It's the only fans generation, man, It's it's the getting flown out generation. When you see a girl and she has more than one city in her bio.
Speaker 1: No, I'll be watching just what's going on, Like I'll be I might meet a female and then know what her situation is, and then I'll see I'm like the fucking Bali and Dubai and shit. I'm like, what you're doing out there? How did you get there? Yeah? If I scroll up on our text messages, it don't look like you can.
Speaker 2: But anyways, yeah, you know for sure tell me about obviously, Uh, you got a ton of music. What are you currently working on? Is there? Give me kind of the rundown what we're gonna expect from Grito the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: I don't know when that should be coming out. I got Wolf of Gray Street to a Gray Street Journal coming out. It's really a collapse tape. Low key, it's gonna make it like a stamp of legendary stamp. Crazy features on there.
Speaker 2: Who was on the tape?
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't tell you that it was hot. It's it's it's quite the list though. It's on there, so it's fun.
Speaker 2: Can I guess?
Speaker 1: You probably ain't gonna guess?
Speaker 2: Right? How big are we going?
Speaker 1: See what I'm saying now? You want me to help you get well?
Speaker 2: Drake? Drake on there?
Speaker 1: Why they always be saying that in the interviews? No, no, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like Drake's gotta come tapping with the with the sauce.
Speaker 1: Drianke fun with me though, you know, I got credit for that Kiki, do you love me? Uh, that's inspired by a Sweet Lady. So I got credits on that album for you.
Speaker 2: Do you didn't know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nigga, if you type in Greto, Drake, sweet Lady or something, it's gonna pop up. Like yeah, he gives a list of all his inspirations off the Oh that's dope. I was going on Drake fuck with the team, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But him and Draco got a record out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I'm just really coming out of my little cave.
Speaker 2: I've noticed. I've noticed because I was dming you when you were and then t K and he's like, yo, he's in the halfway house. If you were to interview and you have to go to Texas, I was like, I mean, I'm down, but you know, it's it's You've. You've definitely it's dope to see you out moving around and and I think your personality is so fied that I think, like it's just good to see you, you know, talking and and and you know, kind of spreading, spreading uh who you are a lot more?
Speaker 1: Oh oh no, the city be letting me know how they look at me. I just like that ship. They don't put me on, No, they put me talk to her for shows. So I just I just fun with show as much love that, you know what I'm saying. Everybody that kind of kept this shit going while I was.
Speaker 2: Going, Uh you and you said you and Ralphie got a ton of unreleased stuff? Would you guys do a whole project?
Speaker 1: Probably eventually, but I feel like some people I want to make it be known, like we got Hella song before we just hurry up and do a tape Like that's probably most likely what I would have to do with UZI, Like how we gonna pick it to be an album with so much shit?
Speaker 2: How many unreleased songs with UZI do you got?
Speaker 1: So there you go? A lot, there you go, because once they hit a certain number of leaks, they gonna oh yeah, that's all over.
Speaker 2: We're good enough to do a project.
Speaker 1: No, we got more than that. We kind of probably scrapped the old ship. So whatever engineer has that probably has it.
Speaker 2: UZI seems to be like one of the nicer, like more genuine dudes in music.
Speaker 1: Very well, good friend.
Speaker 2: You guys have have you guys gotten back in since you've gotten out?
Speaker 1: Mmm?
Speaker 2: Yo, that is a memorable expression right there. I'm gonna take that as a yes. Look at this guy's face.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Are you on the pink tape?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not on the pink tape. I wear purple.
Speaker 2: I mean he could be the purple tape for one track, you know.
Speaker 1: No, No, we got something going, but I don't know. Well, I don't know what. I can tell you what I came, but who's he gonna always be involved?
Speaker 2: How did you guys? Initially link up?
Speaker 1: I d M him when what you want?
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 1: What do you want? I'm like, yo, shit, are we fucking with you? In the Jordan Down's And I guess like a year and a half or two years later he was Finn DM me and it was just me like linko whenever, like we fuck with you? He like, and the crazy shit is you talking to me? Like I don't know who you is? And then we just start chopping it up and linked up that fire.
Speaker 2: Got to stop the interview to tell you about our family at odd socks. That's right, the most comfortable socks in the world. Ladies and gentlemen go to odd socksofficial dot com use the promo code bootleg keV or bootleg. Both promo codes work. You'll save twenty percent out a checkout twenty percent off. These are the odd socks basics all right. Now you can get like a pack of all black, pack of all whites. Of course, they got all kind of crazy licenses wwe Cheech and Chong. They got teenage mutant Ninja turtles, they got SpongeBob SquarePants brouh. Look they got the SpongeBob SquarePants Krabby Patty draws. Yeah. Now you don't want Crabs, but you do want mister Crabs underwear because these are fire, all right. So look, go to oddsocksofficial dot com right now, use that promo code bootleg, save twenty percent off of checkout. And yeah, listen, trust me when I say most comfortable socks you ever put on your fucking feet and the most comfortable boxer briefs. What are we talking about? Man? All right? Odd Sooxofficial dot Com promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off of checkout. Great gift and just treat yourself, all right. Also got a shout out to our family at King Palm. Now if you guys don't know about King Pom. King Palm is all natur row baby, Yes, all right, we're talking about the leader when it comes to tobacco free, natural organic leaf wraps. If you're a smoker, a tote or a straight West coaster, you know what I'm saying. Whatever, you're into King Palms, they got it for you. What's great about these these are like one of the best products that they sell. Now, this is a turping infused tobacco free leaf. And what's dope is you stuff your flour into it and then you press on the thingy, you know what I'm saying, and then you got flavor. I'm gonna show you what it looks like when it's stuffed with some great tree from Harden. Of course. Ah look at that right, Get that thing stuffed yup. The tip has got that flavor in it. Wherever you're at, man, make sure you check out the You know they got the smoke shops, they got those on lock. They got seven eleven's on lock. We're only smoking out of King Poms. Baby, you already know what it is. And if you go to Kingpoms dot com, Kingpom dot com, Kingpom dot com and you use the promo code Bootleg keV. You will save fifty percent off at checkout half off at checkout, fifty percent off if you go to kingpom dot com and use that promo code. The promo code is down below. Go run it up. Try some of these flavors too, man, the peach, pineapple, the strawberry shortcake. They just got so much going on. There's also all kinds of dope smoking accessories you can get half off. Y'all, what are we talking about? Save fifty percent off kingpom dot com promo code below. It's either bootleg or bootleg keV. These promo codes you got might have head hurt. Try both of them, all right, one of them get you fifty percent off. God damn it. Anyway, let's get back to the interview. How dope is it to see the just staple that Desto Dub has become in fashion?
Speaker 1: Hey, I was up in that Nigga factory, and that shit just made me so happy because I've already seen him a hell of time. Like me and Dub always together on accident. We just we both upgraded, so we both live in like them. I was like, oh yeah, I meet them at the Pinky out type spots. You feel me now, So it's like okay. But when I actually saw his warehouse, I was.
Speaker 2: Just like, but you're doing it for real, bro.
Speaker 1: They don't know, you know what I'm saying. We were just talking about that shit earlier, like this is greedy and double low. They don't know, like we've been rockets. So I'm just like, what the fuck is this going on in there?
Speaker 2: To hold no jumper space on Melrose Like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what are you doing when?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: But no, that's bro.
Speaker 2: We talk every day and they gotta let I think. I think I saw like la USD like band a whole lot of from being in schools.
Speaker 1: I don't know, shout out to do shout out to l a u s.
Speaker 2: D for sure. No, it's just dope to see like.
Speaker 1: We ain't missing nothing.
Speaker 2: His his his his grind is paid off and it's just from the van getting the band bited a bunch of times to you know, doing collabse with everybody like it's it's kind of crazy, man, for sure.
Speaker 1: He jam packed like the day after my shit, he had the oh the collapse the merk Park right after I'm like this niggas going you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You being such a high fashioned guy, would you ever do I mean the merchants fire you just we thank you for the hoodies you brought me, But would you ever do a cold line? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who told you to ask all these questions?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 1: He's jumping You tapped in on something.
Speaker 2: No, No, I've gotten zero information.
Speaker 1: I swear stay tuned.
Speaker 2: I promise, bro, I promise I would tell you if like this one was looking He's like, no, I promise you're good man? Are you? Uh so? Kind of give me? We talked about the Clippers a little. There's been word that they might break up the gang. They might trade Paul George Lancaster's finest Palmdale.
Speaker 1: They're gonna trade every good they do that if you don't know what we do over he had.
Speaker 2: The Clippers, besides being we.
Speaker 1: Get a squad ship a squad never win.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you how frustrating as a Clippers fan who has been incarcerated during this kind of the entire Kawhi Paul George era, because I remember when they pulled that trade off. I was in Mexico and that this is when Paul George got traded UH to the UH, from the Thunder to the Clippers, and then they got Kawhi. I just remember thinking to myself, there, nobody is gonna be able to beat these fucking guys. And it's just kind of been whether it's injuries.
Speaker 1: Why did you think that?
Speaker 2: Because in my head, I'm thinking, hey, why and Paul George are two of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA.
Speaker 1: And then it's just too many super teams these days. They really even like your squad ain't really nothing you gotta go against, like.
Speaker 2: You gotta go against the Suns.
Speaker 1: Crazy ass teams right now. Some of them didn't work out for sure. That show I don't know. I he shout out to everybody, y'all niggas know what y'all doing. Y'all doing all typer weirds.
Speaker 2: And then you see shade.
Speaker 1: You can't be you can't be doing. Let me let you athletes know if you organizations, associations, you can't be playing with sports for people that are incarcerated. Nigga, listen, don't be stopping this ship. You feel me, don't be don't stop this ship. Whatever's going on, don't don't stop the game. Don't leave the game, you gus. There's too many injuries now, so it's like free injuries.
Speaker 2: It's what they call load management.
Speaker 1: I've seen the nigga brush against the nigga and be out for a whole seat. Man, God damn it.
Speaker 2: Do you wish you would have kept saying Jay Gildris Alexander in retrospect, see, because that's Jay got shipped out to Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Certain people they gotta shine at. I think he would. He's at the best place right now. That not everybody I like. I like players like that.
Speaker 2: What about your football team? Who's ther football team?
Speaker 1: Man? So out here you ain't gonna around my age group. You know what I'm saying. We don't have a team from here, of course, because they were gone, of course. So once we got a team, I start going for the Rams because in Texas they say Football Dead series. And I've seen the Louisiana dude squabble with a Texas dude over the Cowboys in the Saints really, and I say, we're doing.
Speaker 2: All that, so that'll fight in jail over that.
Speaker 1: Well. And I've seen Nim get Donkey Kong Bunch into the trash can. He's but my team, my lifelong team is the Packers. They got the chee's on their head. But now we don't know quarterback. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Got enough?
Speaker 1: I said, we ain't got no fucking quarterback.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me your spread, rundown, and like, what are you putting in the spread? Give me the spread recipe top tier.
Speaker 1: Oh in jail when I ain't no spread, that'd be for them niggas. They eat noodles and ship. We don't. We don't when you get the money in jail noodles like for the booms, did you guys were getting ship from the kitchen, like somebody done fry some chicken or something.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, because I saw some viral.
Speaker 1: Guard might guard might leave a box of pizza right here.
Speaker 2: You might get a box of pizza.
Speaker 1: No, I said, I said, Hey, nope, SKIP said, Let's see.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I saw a viral video of somebody doing like their version of Benni Hannas in the cell anything like that.
Speaker 1: Some people be live on that grill. They're gonna they're gonna make a grill on the bunk and ship they be live on that grill. You gotta be careful with that though, I mean, I don't know what the hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how healthy that step here? Just like.
Speaker 1: Ray disinfected on that bitch.
Speaker 2: Yo. It's crazy. Hey, I always hear about how crazy the La County jail is being in Texas compared to being incarcerated out here. What's the difference is if any?
Speaker 1: Is it? Like it's not the same game politics. Then they gave a nigga flip flops in the county. I was you know what I'm saying. Then I ain't no goddamn, and my my enemies ain't out there, so it was regular you know what, man, my enemies out here, so.
Speaker 2: I gotta worry about a lot more stress free.
Speaker 1: I'm still catching like squabbles here and there. Just want some mans.
Speaker 2: What were you like, was it pretty like we kind of a celebrity while while while being locked up in Texas? No?
Speaker 1: No, maybe like after like twenty twenty they were like, oh ship And then I popped up it's a famous magazine that we reading there called Kite. It's like a magazine that niggas in jail get to stay updated on music. And uh, they saw me in there and they was like, oh this nigga really somebody else so.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna have new music coming with UZZI was in some.
Speaker 1: Double xls too that once they started to get catching where.
Speaker 2: You fucking double xelf was fucking their new freshman cover. It's very disappointing to say the least.
Speaker 1: I ain't I ain't shit. No, it was some lot of people.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, There was definitely some great people on, but there was a few people. No, Rob's dope, but there was just a.
Speaker 1: Few people that that was hard on fuck with too.
Speaker 2: I think they should have ain't gonna.
Speaker 1: Lot ten people is really never gonna be enough. It's always gonna be there.
Speaker 2: I just feel like there's no West Coast representation as a kid in Texas.
Speaker 1: Who nobody hot. You know, look, we gotta stop this ship. There's some hot niggas now like, but I think somebody like could have got rody and yg like the niggas that stamped in. But I'm saying we ain't gonna if we don't upgrade the music out here. We are never like nigga we being realistic. You know what the fuck we did? You know what wave this is like? Well we've been nice. Let's let's be who we really are, you know, the German's Team Mafia. You know what we did and what we helped the city get off their chest. Now, there was other people that was living like we was living. They just wasn't mainstream rappers at the time, and we're the ones that did it. So it may be other people that was on the same topics too, but that's what we we do it for. Like upgrade the music up the way up, upgrade the way your niggas dress stop, you know what I'm saying. Not saying all your niggas be on it, but like nigga, I know I had created a certain lane, and I saw some people kind of like have a similar lane or even go with what they learned from me. Whether they did or not, that's not what I'm saying, but to see so many people that went backwards, it's like, damn what you think I did it for? I did that for all of us. You feel me. There's a reason I get features with niggas that the city don't usually get it with. There's a reason they might be a nigga that everybody ain't even heard of out here, but I know the streets is playing this, you know what I'm saying. So upgrade the music. That's why we ain't on that. Bitch.
Speaker 2: What are you listening to right now?
Speaker 1: Hot boy Rob for nine? Uh y him Bob just as far as like new.
Speaker 2: Just new ship. Yeah, what's in your what's your? You know? I feel like people respect your opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the females that come out. I don't care how it's being created. People like, oh somebody probably right now. But there whatever going on and they going off. I say, putting that via a bunch of these niggas. Ass niggas better start.
Speaker 2: Saying something right now. The females are running circles around men when it comes to making hit records.
Speaker 1: Fuck that they slipping bars in there? Fuck that, nigga. Y'all niggas can't be I don't care what genre of rap y'all trying to create. You gotta slip the bars in there. You know what I'm saying. Y'all be sleeping on like niggas like Uzi and Trippy and ship like that. But them niggas really be slipping bars in that ship, you know what I'm saying. You gotta lyrics matter, so you can bubble off just bullshit for a while, but lyrics matter, you gotta you gotta be saying something. Don't blame the system. If I'll ever get lucky and get a Grammy, aim like, you know, you don't show no love, y'all fall only show them love. Let the Grammy be the Grammy. So you gotta let the freshman cover. It's still something that it matters, you know what I'm saying. It may not matter to people who feel like they saw better, but this ship matters the people that got on that ship. We can't discredit that ship because.
Speaker 2: Last year, I mean we had LA representation. I think it was the last year Blast was on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this level was Blast Bro.
Speaker 2: So yeah, per Man, Well listen, you're I'm glad you're back. Man, I'm glad that you got new music on the way. Hopefully we hear some of these, uh these records that you're grinning your your your your your, I'm gonna call it your yes grin throughout the interview and I'd ask you something and you just hit me with that I mean that grin.
Speaker 1: Nah, I mean shit. I'll mean, you know, you never know what's cleared. And then sometimes when I say who I do a song with, they go leaky, you know, what I'm saying, so they might.
Speaker 2: Leaks the music. Is it the engineers?
Speaker 1: Is it somebody horny? Somebody was horn about the shit. You know what I'm saying, somebody geeked up. They don't realize what it does to the money. You know what I'm saying. I'll give away three songs all day, but let's be on the same page. Don't throw away the money songs.
Speaker 2: Not for sure, don't link the good shit for sure. Well, I appreciate you pulling up finally, Man, I'm glad we got to finally linked brother for sure. Oh three greedo you already know boom Hey, appreciate y'all watching another interview brought to you by our good folks at Hard Dean. Now listen, y'all. When you're in Las Vegas, you get in that fucking uber, you land at the airport, hit that taxi, tell them to take you to Hard Dean, the number one premium cannabis dispensary in the fucking world, y'all. I'm telling you. You walk in, they treat you like a king or a queen or whatever you're into. All right, they got the craziest selection to premium cannabis you'll see period anywhere, let alone in Las Vegas, but just anywhere, all right. Not only can you go get the best tree, you will get the best experience, the best customer service, the best bud tenders. You walk into Hard Dean and that shit just smells amazing. They got their own fucking scent. Literally, you get into my car, I got a bottle of it. My car smells like hard Dean because it's just the best fucking place. Go follow them online. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas. Go to their website, Hardeanlasvegas dot com. All right, when you go, you're in Vegas, you pull up, tell them I sent you. They're gonna take care of you the right way. All right. Look they got these things in there, man, these Moon Rock pre rolls that I just had, that just absolutely melted my face off. Shout out to hard Dean. All right, you gotta go fuck with Hardan man Hardean Underscore Los Vegas. Thank y'all, man. I love these guys. They're like family to us. And hey, we're gonna drop another interview soon. If you're watching this, you're at the end of the interview. Though, much love