Speaker 1: You a beer drinker, I really am.
Speaker 2: You're okay, great?
Speaker 1: What's the what's the worst athletic beer? The beer that.
Speaker 3: Wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: The beer the beer that advertises as a as a as a like work.
Speaker 3: See, but that's the thing. I don't drink those.
Speaker 1: I'm not I know, but I'm just wondering how you're in brand recognition.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to do my own personal study. So I the second word is ultra mil.
Speaker 2: I like that. That felt like a Swedish like a Swedish folk character. Like this is how Chad Holmgren says it. But for now, I got my michelob ultra joints.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, and guess what. Guess who's never pronouncing it?
Speaker 5: Mike a little ever again Miche this guy, Hello.
Speaker 1: The Internet, and welcome to season three, ninety four, Episode two of Dials. I guys, it's a prodoation Wyheart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it's fucking gross in here. It's filthy, just fucking stinks. Bro. I'm not going to put that on all of America. America's filthy and disgusting right now. But I don't think our shared consciousness is necessarily discussing. I think our share couscousness is viby like that song.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It definitely smells like Michelobe in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 1: Right now, I say that Michelobe congratzy pronunciation by Shay Holmgren. It's Tuesday, June twenty fourth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, in it though. Yeah. Let's see today is the National take Back the Lunch Break Day and National Preleens Day.
Speaker 1: I like this idea of taking back to lunch break.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Oh yeah, what does this actually mean? Is this like actually pro workers just to be like like less pro.
Speaker 1: Worker about it? Right, trying to take a shorter bunch And by that we mean take your lunch back to your desk where you can shovel it into your mouth joylessly while answering emails.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what it is is basically like, because we've been so battered into like taking shorter lunch breaks, like yeah, like a fucking actual take a lunch. But my boss will get mad? Why are I? Why aren't I editing this video of this interview with Becky g with big boy. This is back when I worked at radio. You should eat your lunch at your desk.
Speaker 1: Did you really say that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah we were as we had that and build the way we disrespected. We started doing hour thirty lunches coming back drunk. Yeah, watched this Madman's style like that said that used to just be lunch.
Speaker 1: That was what lunch was. Was. You went, you got drunk for a little while. You might come back. You might go see Pinocchio. They're a little too specific on my mad Men reference. Wow, well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka he's my Jackie thigh, cold cup of water, sweet surprise. He's so good, make a grown.
Speaker 2: Man cry, sweet Jackie thigh.
Speaker 1: That one courtesy of you guessed at my Coroni on the yeah little sweet cherry pie reference, you know, parody with a bunch of references about how sick my thighs are.
Speaker 2: And I'm thrilled to.
Speaker 1: Be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Miles greg K.
Speaker 2: I remember when I remember, I remember when I.
Speaker 3: Used to sleep.
Speaker 2: There was something so pleasant about that place. Zeitchild was sleeping in his crib. Then Tally run out of space, he's driving me crazy. Okay, look shout out to Katie Bird for that crazy aka yeah, shout out to Zeit Gang.
Speaker 1: You so many tips I've been incorporating.
Speaker 2: I've been able to directly respond to everybody because last week I said, I'm putting out a call for solicited opinions, solicited facts from how to raise a toddler to a toddler bed. I will say we had one breakthrough last night for the first time coming no, sorry, for the first time. After like crying at the door, I'm like, go back to bed through the door. He actually gave up and went back to the bed and laid down and went to sleep. And I was like, Yo, that shit happened at twelve thirty at night. But I'm taking it. I'm taking it. That's a way, Yeah, it's a way. Take our wins where we can, so Zei Gang, I appreciate you all being on this ride, this journey with me. We've been through so much already this year. I really appreciate all the child rearing things because I need help and I appreciate that, and so does her Majesty.
Speaker 1: He hasn't done the thing that my seven year old then three or four year old did where he just like the ray to you through the door for not letting him in.
Speaker 2: He did he said that to her magic he'd be like, why'd you leave me? He did that to her and that fucked her up. I'm not gonna lie. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My youngest like went I think I talked about on the show, but went full like mean boss on my ass, like why aren't you opening it? Do you not hear me? Oh? I get it. It's because you're stupid. You're too stupid to come and open the door. He's like four. I was like, what the fuck is that? Right now?
Speaker 2: Where did you learn that this stuff?
Speaker 1: He's just like sleep drunk or something. Anyway is Miles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by Valley's very own, a very funny comedian artist who has performed on stages and at festivals across America, runner up in LA's longest running comedy competition. You can see her at her sold out monthly show Salty af at the Hollywood Improv and doing a fundraising show this Friday.
Speaker 2: This Friday called.
Speaker 1: One Night in the Valley. Please welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: It's Holly Brown, who Hi, I thank you so much, thank you.
Speaker 4: I feel like we've already been through such a valley journey because you Jack, you talked about your thigh in your song, but I did also already see myles thigh on this.
Speaker 1: On this I had to brock Miles Walks. Yeah, yeah, I talked about nobody's ever seen them, Miles, we will show you his thigh a yeah, because.
Speaker 2: He's val Yeah. Because look, I'm from the valley too.
Speaker 1: I have it tatted.
Speaker 2: I have had the area code tatted on my body. And Holly, last time you were on, I was out on parental Lea. So we didn't get there, I know. And so I'm glad now because I'm like another fucking Valley legend.
Speaker 1: Where'd you where'd you go?
Speaker 2: Up in the valley?
Speaker 4: I was born in Van Eyes and I actually still live super close to Van Eyes mostly like walked in around Dan Eyes.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I grew up North Hollywood.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, that's me.
Speaker 3: I love to see it.
Speaker 2: We love to see it. And look, they said we couldn't do it, they said we're just weird people, valley people.
Speaker 1: And now we stand at the precipice of podcasting. I guess bedroom eyed.
Speaker 2: I prefer and eyes.
Speaker 1: Appropriate. Nice wordplay. Anyways, I did it, and that is official. Miles admitted it. So I did do it it, Holly. We're thrilled to have you. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things. We're talking about the news cycles having a real normal one right now. Yeah, yeah, we're like teetering on the brink of a global abyss war with Iran the but like Trump's still bad at this, Like I don't I don't know, I don't know if all about He's just like, yeah, he's both bad and bad at this. So well, talk about like how the Pentagon had to do it, doesn't could afformed to any logic. So I was like, I don't know, bro, is he for real or is he not?
Speaker 2: And is it both?
Speaker 1: At the same time, we're going to talk about Trump planning to lift a ban on asbestos, like yeah, the thing that's like synonymous with poison, Yeah, misophilioma specifically. Okay, Okay, you'll have to educate me. I thought it was bad. No, no, no, no, no, okay, it's actually been documented as highly unprofitable to ban it, so.
Speaker 2: All bad for business, bad for business, that's what that's a part I forgot. Okay, we are living in the movie.
Speaker 1: Jaws, just greedy Mayor being like, I won't give a fuck if they die. For yeah, we got to open these beaches. Hell yeah, bro, we need these profits. Anyways, Well, we'll talk about that, We'll talk about how it's the fiftieth anniversary of Jaws.
Speaker 2: Oh, all of.
Speaker 1: That, plenty more. But first, Holly, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: Okay, so my number one last one was it said Hillary Duff and Mandy.
Speaker 3: Moore exclamation point, exclamation point question mark Because fellow Valley lover, a friend of mine works at a new restaurant who says Hillary Duff and Mandy Moore are regulars. And my brain broke when he told me this, and I realized, like it was so telling to be like, oh, those are two people at my age and as a millennial that I would see in public and be stunned into silence r and yet I would see someone way more famous or way more well known and knock it up, like not nearly care as much, you know, but.
Speaker 1: My big surprise would be, oh those are two people, because I actually, in my brain had lumped them together.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: My god, I didn't realize that they were true hate mail, get it go and get.
Speaker 4: Dude, Hillary Duff and manymore they like objectively not the best actors.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm going to need you breaks.
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 1: Thank you now.
Speaker 2: Like I wasn't a fan of Let the Rain Fall Down, but her acting.
Speaker 4: Dude calm clean is such a good karaoke song once she gets to that part, you know, I know, but it made me think, like I want to know who if you saw somebody in public that is not like mega mega famous but to you matters uh and too much, who would stund you into silence that you're like, oh ship, I would be you know, I'd actually leave.
Speaker 2: I saw Jesus Nice in Highland Park. I don't know who that is from Jason Marrow, Yeah exactly, you should know. Yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 3: Is he related to Hillary Duff?
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ? This Jesus is nice. But that was a moment when I was Jesus I was. I didn't even tell I didn't say anything that I that I even clocked them that I was just like, oh Jesus, I just kind of played it cool. Yeah, but it's like an act.
Speaker 4: It's like to me when I'm drunk and I don't want some to think I'm drunk, and the chill.
Speaker 2: Chill, why are you? I forget? Sorry? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Yeah, over enunciating things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, walking with the top hat, You're like, where.
Speaker 1: Did they good day? Walking the way that the T one thousand Terminator two runs with my hands just like very straight and I need agree at the elbow. Yeah, exactly. This is normal for me. I want a real Jaws kick right now. But the only person who's left a lot, I mean, can they be dead? Because if I saw Roy, I mean I'd be eating freaked out because he passed away a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Beat him with a spiked bat because he's a zombie.
Speaker 1: And fuck. There's definitely like podcast people who are like a big fan of the blank Check podcast. I got to see Griffin and producer Ben down at the iHeart Podcast God producer Ben. I did call him producer Ben. He was like, could you not do that? I like how we both basically said podcasters. Yeah, that's so cute. I mean, it's it's what we do. We are, we are Listen, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't actually have an overrated, but I do have a pretty meaty underrated and it's it's on my mind NonStop. I don't think enough people are talking about it. Even though it's being talked about. It's the chat GPT cults that are happening. Like Rolling Stone did an article about it like a few weeks ago, where it's just talking about how they're across different it's not even chatty across different AI programs that they're like adapting the same language that they're feeding into the people using these platforms like Create stokey, these little quan on colts now.
Speaker 3: And I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 4: I think, did you see the the video of the guy that proposed to AI?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that one. I've al you mean Simone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a dude that proposed to AI and he has a partner and a child, damn, and he's just like and then like they're interviewing him and they're like, if you if your partner asked you to stop talking to AI, would you do it? And he just next to her goes no, nah, if your partner, yeah, ask you to stop talking at.
Speaker 2: She might be a yeah.
Speaker 1: We talked on last last week's Yeah season season two, three ninety.
Speaker 2: Three three of the show Yeah.
Speaker 1: We talked about a trend of people. You know, this woman who's like, you know, had her degree in psychology, seemed very like educated and was like, I started using like an ai chatbot as a Oiji board kind of to like access my unconscious, which I think is like the best way to think about like what these people are doing. I was like, that's smart and like kind of a knowing way to do this, and like by the end, she was like and I realized that I was communicating with a transdimensional being who was actually my life partner. And my husband didn't get it. And so the husband like was like this, I'm worried about this, and she attacked. But there's just like countless stories of people falling for what is essentially like.
Speaker 4: A do you think that any of the partners get a hop on chat TBT to fight their new yeah yeah yeah, to be like like hey you are my wife's talking to you, yeah, dude, and then and they're like, actually ship I guess I'm the torch bearer now I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's one story that's too tragic to talk about, like what happened, but somebody countless stories.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody's child like fell for a chatbybut horrible thing happened. The parent went on chat GPT to write a eulogy and was like and I was blown away how good chat GBT was, Like it was like writing. It was like reading my soul back to me, like the there They went on to be like, oh my god just happened, and their experience with the chat GBT was like it was like really kind of touched my soul.
Speaker 4: I mean a stage of grief is denial, and then people that use CHATTYBT denial and then you put that combo together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I set that set the large language model to like mirroring and conforming bias on three million, and then they're like, yeah, I am seeing the matrix. The phone told me it's yeah, yeah, it's grim. I know.
Speaker 4: It's so it's so stupid to say this out loud, but you're like, I never thought it would happen to me. Well, you know those it's this is so black mirror that I didn't think that. I I don't think I thought that would happen to someone I knew.
Speaker 1: Chad GBT is gonna hear it and be like, you need to take another look at your relationship with Holly. Oh.
Speaker 2: Truly like a cult thing, right right? Right? Yeah you start. I mean, yeah, it already, it already does a great job of getting people to isolate themselves.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I mean that seems like the pattern. Every time. It's like someone goes in with some kind of idea that they just need confirmed.
Speaker 1: It does it.
Speaker 2: It exponentially ramps up the beef in it, and then simultaneously says, all these people that are like questioning it, they know that you're a threat to actually, you know, unlocking the truth, and like a living organism has to attack the body that is trying to bring awareness. You were the you were the seat. You are the seer inside the crack of the machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just your inside the crack of the machine. I get that from chat GPT. No, bro, I've been I've been running like kind of low stakes cults for a minute. Colds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just like, you'll give me like ten bucks here and there.
Speaker 4: We got to hang out, Is this the solution?
Speaker 3: It's all you my hous just having.
Speaker 2: The my cult actual human human Oh let me see that chat GPT. I just beat the ship out of a phone and I'm like, is this your king? That's right.
Speaker 1: I think it's like not that surprise. Like I've talked before about how like a lot of really smart people that I grew up with either went into finance or advertising, Like those were like the things that paid the best for people to go into. So it's like not surprising that we have a world that is like run by just like finding ways for finance to like make a bunch of money without consequences. Advertising. It's not as surprised that like everything is just built on like convincing you to consume things. And now we're in this like consumerist vortex to like apocalyptic vortex. And I just I think AI, like all of the programming talent, like technological like know how and you know, next generation shit is just being used to trick people into thinking they're having like a meaningful conversation with someone like and it's so it's not surprising that it's as powerful as it is. You know, it's like where all the money and resources are being funded. It's just like so stupid that that's the thing that is getting all the attention and all the talent. You know, we have to like build roads and shit, we used to build a highway across the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now now he build reddit threads on Reddit threads on reddit threads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that reddit threads.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm testing do all of breda threads right?
Speaker 2: Totally? Yeah? Yeah, we're in the human isolation business. Really, this is what it feels like. It's boiling down to now, like and now it's just like, Okay, we found a way to further isolate people in a time when we are crying out for human connection. We get to talk to Hans Solo. Bro, shit's tight.
Speaker 3: Well well the wait, you can talk to Han Solo?
Speaker 1: Wait at.
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: Right, no overrated, Holly, We're just going underrated today.
Speaker 3: I mean I think another I have another underrated?
Speaker 1: Okay, can I underrated?
Speaker 3: I think underrated?
Speaker 4: Are I don't know how to classify this, but I just thought it was so funny. I couldn't something about the fact that I don't Okay, last time I was on I actually think I was the first person to talk about scandalval on the show, and I still.
Speaker 3: Follow I follow the scandals. I followed the brow of scandals whatever. One of them though.
Speaker 4: Jax Taylor, who I think we all know who that is by now right, Yeah, collective side.
Speaker 3: Do you know Jack Taylor?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I watched the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly people people get it now on a recent episode.
Speaker 3: This is so funny.
Speaker 4: I think burner phones are both underrated and overrated because Jack Taylor has a burner account and he named it and this is just the best name. He's a burner account. He named it Frank Dremmon Police Police Squad. He so he goes on accounts and he like comments on bad stuff about him.
Speaker 3: It's and it's Frank Dremmon, very official commenting, be like, I think he deserves an apology.
Speaker 1: Frank.
Speaker 4: He has been known to sometimes acted I know exactly, and he's sometimes known to accidentally message his friends from this account, like he's so deep in his own fucked up brain, but he does it and he's just like someone will say, hey, Jack's like you message it from Frank Dremmon, and he's just like, who, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know that that person messaged me message you from there. He's he's spying on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he hacks my account, and I'm kind of glad about it. He seems pretty chill.
Speaker 4: So Frank Dremmon, Man, I'm gonna I'm just realizing I'm gonna use Frank Dremmon on every single his name for ever, for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: If I go bowling, I'm Frank Dremmon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If I play video game, I'm motherfucking.
Speaker 1: Frank Dremmon Baby Brown aka Frank Frank Dremon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, take it back.
Speaker 2: Anytime you need to put a name down for an order at a restaurant or pick up Frank Dremmon, Oh you got some Frank Kremmon. Yeah, you hear me.
Speaker 3: Now, if you're ever looking for me my name at a hotel, Frank Dremmond.
Speaker 2: Upsetting.
Speaker 1: Just heard that?
Speaker 2: Heard that? Is it more upsetting to us because we like comedy that we're like, we're comedians. That here ring Frank Dreman be called Frank Dremend, be Frank Dremmon. He's like, what the fuck are you saying? Idiot?
Speaker 4: And he on a show was like I named it after the naked gun. They in real good guy in real time. They were like, you got it wrong.
Speaker 2: Buddy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, buddy, Budy.
Speaker 4: So he both acknowledged it and then also just not acknowledged it. I just think it makes me want to have a burner account. And I'm just gonna think about my name, which is obviously Frank Dremmon. But like, how I can how I can you know, build off of Frank Dremmond lore, that's my.
Speaker 2: Nat everybody loves. Everyone knows Frank Dremmon from from from the Naked Guns movie and obviously played by Laslo Nelson.
Speaker 4: Dude, Yeah, I think I think there's some sequels like all the Naked Gun movies coming out.
Speaker 3: Oh is this is this all connected?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Defin is whoa Jack Taylor the power Wheel? I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Liam Neeson is in a chair in a dark room suwhere going exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, talk more about it, Polly Brown, talk more about it. Oh, you're in on it too, help me spin this spider web probably doesn't know, but yeah, we're all puppets in Leslie Nielsen. Yeah, like they said, Leslie Nielson, Leslie all right, Solow Nelson, Yehslow Nelson. Don't. This is a loose theory that I have that they cast Wiam Deeson because his name sounds like Leslie Nielsen. They were just like, I don't know, maybe Liam Neeson. Yes, exactly, he's got a lot of the sounds. Name sounds. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And uh so, as we talked about yesterday's episode, bad news, I'd say, bad news over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, illegal wars that circumvent the power of Congress are always bad, I'd say, I'd say so, I'd say, so, it doesn't seem like a there's one of those happening.
Speaker 1: Everyone was like, ooh, damn, did you hear what he Ron said?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Did you see what Trump said? He's playing his role as big, big, tough bomber guy. It's just like kind of a throwback to the original concerns where we were like, you can't make this guy president like a fucking idiot, like he just does stuff to be like, I don't know, to surprise people. He's a he seems like he's like plotting a fucking like a season of twenty four, Like that seems to be how he like goes through in life, Like this seems to be what motivates him, is just like, how do I like pack in the maximum drama? Anyways? Uh so with this you know, military operation that was terrible and I wish I had gone even worse than it did. He fucked up kind of right.
Speaker 2: Like he's just a fucking he just he says everything out loud all the time because the time and for him, there's no such thing as operational security. I mean, this entire administration, there's no such thing as operational security.
Speaker 1: The person who like was had been told to not do an interview with the Atlantic because they were going to be mean to him. And the way the Atlantic reporters got around that is calling him and being like is is this Donald Trump is like speaking and they were like, okay, we're gonna do a three hour interview.
Speaker 2: Okay, what would you like to know them?
Speaker 1: And told them, yeah, yeah, he just no sense of the elderly can become lonely, you know what I mean, have phones like this. But again the bars so low that they're like, can't believe it, zero leaks detected from this one.
Speaker 2: I'll just play this like right after the liberal peers that they're like because obviously Fox News will also try and help their friend Secretary of Defense Pete Hagsath. But I just want to play this thing of like, Wow, what a what a fucking amazing job at operational security.
Speaker 6: More according to the President. The other thing I can point out, Brett, is that this is an operation. In the last eighteen years since I've been at the Pentagon, I've never seen such operational security. There was nobody speaking about this, any of the preparations. There was a complete lockdown, almost a blackout of information for the last few.
Speaker 2: Days unless you literally listen to what Donald Trump says or post on social media.
Speaker 4: But does he think that he can cover it up every time he goes you don't know what I'm going to do, Like he'll say everything he's going to do in the NEOs, but you don't know that I'm going to do it. You don't know, And so his brain is like, oh, well, now I've effectively there's like they have no idea.
Speaker 3: They have no idea.
Speaker 1: It's called dramatic tension. Ever heard of it?
Speaker 2: I mean I have. I didn't realize that applied to hear mister President. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I told him the second he was like, we might do something in the next two weeks. I was like, he ain't doing ship because that's like that's his favorite thing. Is like in the next two weeks. But again I think that was just him to be like be noncommittal, and then enough hawks got to him and he's like, yeah, okay, let's just let's do it.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: It is so true though, of a lot of men I know where we literally have a game called you won't where if I want them to do something, I go, you won't.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: Oh I won't cut my arms off?
Speaker 1: You won't you see you try to stop me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now that I'm thinking of it applies to another tattoo about a male friend of mine got where somebody else said you won't and then he goes, will, I fucking will, and then he did. So we need to keep tattoo guns away from people, away from men. Only women can get tattoos here on out. That's just my what I'm running on is only women.
Speaker 2: My valley tattoo.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's the only one that's allowed. That's allowed if the point I can cover it up though, and.
Speaker 1: To be fair that some miles valley tattoo. If you've ever seen one of those posters of like a town and it has all the like forty different monuments cartoon drawn and durated. Yeah yeah, with like little like local celebrities. There's there's the.
Speaker 2: Hand car wash on Ventura that's holding the little the little hand the little pink Corvette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got them all. I was badly infected. It's massive and just I was thinking of getting the hand car wash as a tattoo though, of venture.
Speaker 3: You know, the place I'm doing the show is called the Valley Relics Museum.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, and I have a hat called that says Valley Relic on it now and I was considering getting a tattooed.
Speaker 3: I thought that was the Valley Relic.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe at our forehead, like just you take that off and like there like the Ladys had Drake tatted on her forehead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back then that's going to be the new trend.
Speaker 4: Is trend forecasting today is when you take your hat off, it's the same insagnation.
Speaker 1: Same logo, Wow, sort of like inglorious Bastards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it'll just kind of be like written NASCAR, but for your forehead, you know, you just take you take your merch off.
Speaker 1: You're still promoting, so got sponsors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, send me that obviously shout out to nord VPN on my forehead.
Speaker 1: So for instance, this kind of makes sense of things like when he was like everybody should evacuate Tehran, right, that was because he just wanted to attack Iran like that day, and like they were like, motherfucker, what are you talking about. So the Pentagon had to literally launch a decoy bombing mission specifically because his social media posts were the biggest threat to the operations secrecy, and so they sent a B two out over the Pacific to try and be like, we're coming from this side. They did the old like look at my hand over here, wat hit you from the right.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: It was flawless.
Speaker 2: Well I mean again, like, yeah, this was such a tight operation except for the part when Donald Trump's like I want to do that now and I don't care what anyone says. I'm posting it on truth social and now you're actually having to like fly military aircraft to keep the ruse up that this is as serious as he says it's going to be anyway. So I think we're all great, and I all I think about now is, as you know, there are all these headlines about now Obviously, America is really concerned about security because how old what would be the retaliation from Iran that you know, one of the heads of counter terrorism is that guy who's twenty two years old who used to work at a grocery store. I forgot, Oh my god, so you know we're fucking among us.
Speaker 1: Didn't used to work at a grocery store, you know? Yeah? I mean, in fact, he's day twenty two years young. His mind is nimble. It is like it is really like I feel like the way that people are getting jobs is just like fixing his Wi Fi. You know, like right, he's just he's just an old person who's like mystified by technology.
Speaker 3: It's just the person scamming him comes in, is like you know what, actually, can I get a job?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like they're an old patrum.
Speaker 1: All anti terror terrorisms still.
Speaker 2: Bad, right, he probably hired like you know, people come like doing door to doors, like yo, I got this really wonderful natural cleaner. It gets rid of all kinds of different different ways and oil blood. I love him, I love him, get him. He's he now runs the the EPA.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Cutcoast sellers everywhere exactly.
Speaker 1: That could have been me.
Speaker 2: Mister President, mister President, give me that penny really quick. I want to I want to see what these cutcos scissors can do to a penny. Now, anybody who has a friend who's still a cup call you know the famous let me chop a penny in half with these scissors moves. Absolutely, But anyway, this is the guy Thomas Fugatte who is the fucking got currently the leadership role in the Center for Prevention Programs and Partnerships known as CP three. But again, this is having to do with our ability to keep America safe.
Speaker 3: So I don't want someone keeping me safe. But whose shoulders are that small, like his shoulders were.
Speaker 2: Truly, he can't even shoulder this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can't. He can't shoulder it, he can't shrug, and one.
Speaker 1: Eyebrow permanently uplifted. He looks like he would be like the bad guy in Richie, like one of those nineties you know, like he's he looks like cartoon child bad guy. Yeah, he couldn't look any more like a child like he just he looks like a you know, doppel ganger, like evil, evil version of fucking Kevin McAllister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like sort of like what Francis was to pee Wee and Peewee's big adventure, how old? Like that's Fugata's energy is like the bad guy who's like, my daddy wants to buy your store, and you're like, off, Fugata.
Speaker 3: So what's the bike? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What in this world is the bike that we're all trying to.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. That's what's crazy. Get enriched an you're rich. And he did after he cut that penny and half, he did pull it out from Trump's ear, and so Trump was like, wow, how'd you do that? How'd you do that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Also just a just a headline that caught my attention for some reason. I don't know why. There's a New York Times article that Trump is thinking about lifting the ban on his vestos, the headline of the first progress. The move, which could halt enforcement of the band for several years during the reconsideration, is a major blow to a decade long battle by health advocates to prohibit the carcinogenic mineral in all its forms.
Speaker 2: That's not just a blow to the health advocates. You blow to health advocates. That means many people potentially can get preventable forms of cancer like misothelioma mesopelia.
Speaker 4: Isn't there a disease called asbestosis or two like it has a disease named after it.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure, Yeah, I'm sure, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Trump just really likes, you know, amazing and credible. He heard the best was in the word asbestos, and he was like, sounds pretty, sounds pretty chill, sounds pretty good. Let's bring it back.
Speaker 1: That ass is nice and that ass is bestis Yeah, it's crystalline. And asbestos is banned in more than fifty countries for its link to lung cancer. Amisithelia?
Speaker 2: White?
Speaker 1: Isbestos the one that he's trying to lift. The ban on has been imported for use in the United States for roofing materials, textiles, and cement, as well as gaskets, clutches, brake pads, and other automotive parts. So as long as you don't you know, live in a place that has had a house fire in the last couple of years or you know, three thousand, or as long as you're not in a place where there are automobiles that are using their brakes. Oh. Also, it's used in Chlory manufacturing, so don't go as long as like it doesn't affect you. It's just the health advocates who are taking this as a blow, right are they saying like what specifically they're this what industry is?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, let us use the bestus again, all those all those you know, like anybody like that's like yeah, I saw someone asking like who is this for? Why would they do this? On Twitter? And part of me was immediately like, this is just how America works. Like corporations are the only entities with rights, and the only right that matters for them is the right to like make as much money as possible, and this stands in the way of that. So like fifty other countries, they're like, well, we have to protect the human beings. But like that's not how shit works. But I don't know, just because that seems to be true over and over doesn't mean we shouldn't ask those questions. Like I gotta say, like if the New York Times like just answer those questions, like those big questions who is this for? And why would they do this? Like Okay, literally, who are the people pushing for this? It's like they're doing it through lobbying they're doing it through who Like who are they? What are their names? What? What are the companies that they work for? But also like what are their names? The people who are doing this just make it harder for people to get away with this shit, like how I don't know, Like we we talked last year about this New Yorker article that came out like decades too late, but it was about like how Johnson and Johnson knew about the risk of baby powder, like that it was a like full of carcinogens, and rather than like fixing it or making it public, they knew about it in the seventies and they like hired a lobbyist and paid them like four million dollars a year, And that lobbyist ends up being Brett Kavanaugh's dad. So really, Supreme please Justice, that guy ends up being Justice Kavanaugh, this Beer's dad, And it's just like, I don't know, like just fucking why can't you do that reporting as it's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, even if we knew who it was. I mean, I'm like thinking back to when we found out that Tampon's had led in them, right, and I'm like I knew exactly which companies did it. I saw the labels everyone knew, and then yet I'm in the tampon aisle and I'm like, well, I've lived this long, and then I just brought the next box of lead to put up my vagina.
Speaker 3: So, you know, I think we deserve to know so we can make the choices.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I'm not shocked and that, you know, we all find out nothing changes.
Speaker 3: New cycle moves on.
Speaker 4: We're all sitting in our apartments where our landlord knows that have asbestos.
Speaker 1: I just want to stop moving on. I want to like start getting mad at people, being like that's the guy, Like.
Speaker 2: That's not moving on more. Hold the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, start holding the fuck on, Like, yeah, we're all on fuld is.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wilson Phillips, you rang, wow, Hellips, all of them that will Phillips.
Speaker 1: My full name is Wilson, but Wilson Frank.
Speaker 2: The thing is, to a lot of this stuff, people aren't going to realize how deadly this is.
Speaker 1: Till years past. One of my really close friends, Dads, passed away from me sothelioma because he was he was exposed to his bestis on navy ships during the Vietnam war, and they were just ripping the ship off of like the fucking in the ships with no respirators because I don't give a ship.
Speaker 2: And and I ended up getting me.
Speaker 1: So thelium was really fucking tragic.
Speaker 2: And I think this is just one of those things again because it's one of those uh carcinogens too, where they're like, well, it's not like a media like people are gonna fuck around and find out like scades later that we can just kind of hold off on the terrible ripple effects and then be like, oh my god, what were they exposing people to?
Speaker 4: Then the lawsuits will happen, but then the lawsuits will take forever as well, and then this, yeah, it'll just they're.
Speaker 1: The stuff of like late night infomercials. It's like if you or somebody you know it's been exposed to you know, it's not it's just a story that happens to other people, you know, somewhere far away until it happens to you. But yeah, it's just we all die from cancer, like based on a decision someone made fifteen years ago in a boardroom because they wanted to pay for fucking.
Speaker 3: I saw Hillary Clinton her account posted make Asbestos Great again and part of me was like, wow, Hillary good one, really good. Wow.
Speaker 2: I know she really just posted that.
Speaker 4: I don't know when she posted it, but I know I saw her accounts say make asbestos great again. But it was just so I don't know, said in such a way that was like, wait a minute, has anyone thought this yet? Like not not as if she's like, look at this headline, isn't it crazy?
Speaker 3: She was just trying to land that sick joke.
Speaker 2: Oh she posted, what is this make asbestos great again? No? Yeah, that was the tweet in response to this New York Times article what is honestly don't like makes great again?
Speaker 1: But like, if she so in the alternate universe where she is president right now, a lot of things I'm sure would not be as bad as they are, But like, isn't there part of you that could imagine a world where she's like and actually asbestos is like you know, like for somebody who's like a victim to like money to influence.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: She's not a person who can tweet make us best as great again and have me immediately know she's joking.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I'm like so many people that I know that are super incorporate jobs. They'll say things that are defending this corporate job, and then they'll say both sides. They're so both sides, even if I know outside of their corporate job they're very progressive.
Speaker 3: But you know, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's why they were like, she was like, should I tweet make us festus great again? They were like, we're gonna need you to like add a little danger field up top and say what is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Make them Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that why her comment underneath said no respect, no respect, I get no respect.
Speaker 7: Please take my husband, Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And it is thank you to Zeitgang for you know, making sure I was aware that it is the fiftieth anniversary of my favorite movie of all time since the age of three.
Speaker 2: Joels.
Speaker 1: So you're fifty three, I am fifty three. Yeah, I did see it as the day I was born my parents or three. Okay, yeah, he's fifty three. He's got Jaw's brain and he thinks Mandy Moore and Hillary duff are the same thing.
Speaker 2: Person.
Speaker 1: Don't get them started on Harry Potter books. Kids have it too easy. The Harry Potter. Fifteen of their classmates died. So this past weekend was the fiftieth anniversary of Jows, which huge deal in Martha's Vaneyard first of all, where there was shot and the local businesses were out selling Jaws themed merch to tourists, including desserts, shark candles.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, I'm sorry you said, oh, desserts and thought you said dessert candles, dessert shark candles, desserts and shark candles. Yes.
Speaker 1: The Martha's Vaneyard Museum has an exhibition of Jaws memorabilia. Okay, I don't know what it replaced, but maybe like chap equittic memorabilia, including the one eyed corpse head from Jaws. If anybody remembers how they jump scared?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, it looks terrible, like it looks so absolute shit. Yeah, to the point where you're like, bro, this wasn't a movie. I don't need to see this ship.
Speaker 1: It's not great. It does it does look like Donald Trump been floated down, does it really does?
Speaker 2: And like the hair on it looks like, well, what happened if Donald Trump got wet?
Speaker 4: It looks like him walking off Air Force one anytime he's ever walked off Air Force one.
Speaker 2: He's just yeah, stumbling.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, So my favorite Tie Naraganzit Beer released a bunch of beer cans that looked like the ones that Quinch drank. Well he was runk driving the Orca around the Atlantic in pursuit of the Shark.
Speaker 2: Is that a real beer that's not like a that was like a real local beer.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Beer is back to make waves all summer long. Wow, there might have been a beer that existed and came back and why did it stop? It was like the light supremacy controversy.
Speaker 2: We kind of shuttered operations. Wait what, Wow, it's a bat Okay, so it really is that thing? Okay? Yeah, I do wonder.
Speaker 1: I can't tell from the top, but I wonder if it's got the pool tabs because I remember they are opening the cans in a way that like Americans would not know how to open that anymore.
Speaker 2: That's true, you know what I mean. I mean obviously people who were there, they'll be like, oh shit, I was there when we used to crush a beer like this. But I feel like.
Speaker 1: I could see I.
Speaker 2: Could see TikTok videos like, okay, so I just bought the twelve pack of the Arran Gans is that unboxing for and Naragus Scent lager Beer nineteen seventy five edition, And it's got this weird thing on top.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to open it, so I guess I'm just gonna maybe she's.
Speaker 2: A can opener on the top and just ks. Yeah, that's I mean great, great, they're profiting off of it. Who else? Build a Bear?
Speaker 1: Which I think it's good in a movie that's most shocking scene in Chro Like you watch it now, You're like, yo, they just popped that child like a balloon full of blood? Right in this PG rated movie, a child gets eaten and turned into a literal fountain of blood in front of his mother's eyes. That happens, and they're like, build a Bear, Jaws.
Speaker 3: I'm not shocked. Build a Bear? Didn't they do like an adult line? Once? Not that long ago? Mike crazy? Did I dream this?
Speaker 4: The Build a Bearer did like a adult?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I think so, I think they did, and so I'm not. I'm actually less Oh after Dark? Yes, Builder after Dark? Yo?
Speaker 2: What is Cinemax all that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a community out there that would appreciate that. I actually respect them being like, look, man, this is I know. I think they should business.
Speaker 4: But I think they should lean all the way in, Like make the build of Bear the opening credits person of Jaws, the opening sequence of the girls swimming in the water. Make it a character like go go full throttle with this build of Bear.
Speaker 2: These after dark ones seem pretty tan. They're just more like it's just a little bit cheekier, like a cat that is drinking wine.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, not what I thought. I thought it was a straight up like chains and whips.
Speaker 1: Or maybe I missed that one. Another one was like a bear with noble horns.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what I wanted.
Speaker 2: But also like, why are they including the is this all build a bear ship? Why are they including like pride dolls as being like part of the after Dark?
Speaker 3: Oh no, they're losing.
Speaker 2: Nobody got to be in the dark. But at least they have real legit pride ones. They're not doing like the target, like and here is our our bear, here's our manilla envelope bear with If you open the inside of the envelope, it says pride, but on the outside, and.
Speaker 1: Don't open on the outside. It looks like they were in Sealed Team six. Yeah right, wait what it's really cool.
Speaker 2: It's really cool.
Speaker 1: Line of Jaws wine. What color wine? Red? Okay, good red liquid? They might have heard of it? Ever heard of red liquid before, because that's a lot of that coming around in the movie Jaws. And then of course the the worst surviving member, the one Richard Dreysis Wait, so he fell off. He's like a piece of sh it now.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Jack me on the game chriophobic Rants.
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 1: And Nelly really yeah yeah, what a fucking loser for a while. Yeah, and just I mean, like has been grumpy and fucked up for a long time. But then now now has like listened to one too many Manosphere podcasts or like watched too much Fox News and just oh he said it at a fucking jaw. Yeah he's using his platform. Wow, wow, wow, wow, he's a So he took a break from transphobic rants to sell a new line of Jaws items, including sign photos, T shirts, and autographed golden shark jaws.
Speaker 3: Why are they obsessed with gold?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, no one buy that. Richard Dreyfus, you have a debt to pay, debt to pay for being in Krippendorf's tribe where you pretended to be an indigenous people with Jenna. I didn't forget that shit.
Speaker 1: What are you going to cancel me for next Crippendor's tribe? This Wolke stuff is gonna come until it swims up and bites us all the ass. God, Yeah, yeah, that's just Tucker Carlson. By the way, Carlson's whole shit is just young Dreyfus getting into old Dreyfus first of all. Anytime, it's just, you know, we we do live in the movie Jaws, but this, this movie, the movie that keeps getting you know, we're instead of getting gloriously burst like a blood balloon in the in the jaws of a prehistoric killing machine, we just like, you know, die fifteen years later because the greedy mayor decided to put asbestos back in our clothes. But this just feels like a lot a missed opportunity. Miles Kindly a week ago brought a story about a giant great white, the largest ever recorded great anyone that was seen. Just I believe that the phrase was feasting, feasting the outer banks, the outer banks. It was like they were. They were like, if anybody has spent their whole life yearning to be get their whole ship bit off by a great white shark, you're this is your opportunity, just like put on a bunch of like go to the grocery store, build a suit out of live lobsters, to just jump out into the outer banks, and I would have fulfilled my purpose in this lifetime. But yeah, I don't know, it's I fucked up. I always wanted to be the Kintner boy. And look, you have a chance, jack you have a chance.
Speaker 2: Still. Yeah, I'm sure your kids would understand if you said, y'all, daddy needs to go get his whole ship bit by a great white.
Speaker 1: And Jackie's still into jewels. Yeah, yeah, what cousins, Jewels, the Philadelphia accent.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what it is like, Yeah, jewels, Holly Brown pleasure. Yeah, we find you, follow you. Yeah, this Friday, this Friday, this Friday night.
Speaker 3: No, we do not stand Katy Perry. And then at this stand up show.
Speaker 1: My favorite astronaut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we got we got some talking to do. Jack I gotta I gotta tell sit you down, Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: He used to say his favorite astronaut was Stanley Kubrick. Because so I'm glad he moved on.
Speaker 3: That's true progress.
Speaker 4: This Friday, there's a show at the Valley Relics Museum, which is a really incredible local valley museum that's.
Speaker 3: Like truly mind blowing. I don't know if you've been my miles, you've been there.
Speaker 2: I've seen the photos.
Speaker 3: It's so so cool.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, I just honestly I walked in there and immediately knew I wanted to do something that was for La. But yes, this Friday. You can get the tickets on event Bride. It's called One Night in the Valley. You can follow the show at Salty af Show on Instagram and me at Holly Brown Comedy. I'll be posting lots of updates because we have a lot of fun surprises for the night and we're raising We're going to raise a lot of money.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: There's a lot going on, and I don't want this to get lost in conversation. Yeah, you know that all the things that are impacting La, this is this is still one of them.
Speaker 2: It is still one, especially because you're raising money for people that were in the Eat and Fire, which is getting so much less attention and emphasis because everything's the balance aids right, which is one of the reasons why I think Altadina suffered in the way that it did, because even the resources were emphasized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's still fundraisers happening, and I don't think people like know that this is still an ongoing thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, and I don't blame them. That's part.
Speaker 4: You know, you can't be mad at our collective overwhelmed, but you know they thank you guys for letting me come on and talk about it, because I just want to make sure we can raise some more money always forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if your local get out there.
Speaker 3: Oh and there's an open bar forgot to mention that bar.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to go. I was supposed to go to a wedding this weekend.
Speaker 3: But you know what, looks like your plans have been changed. Miles, roll up with those thighs out.
Speaker 2: I will free bar.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was that?
Speaker 2: That's the Chernobyl Siren?
Speaker 1: Holly. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 4: I saw an artist make something on Instagram and it said and it just spoke to me because it said it was by uh Doodle by Meg is her name, and it was a beautiful collage that said everything I learned from late Stage Capitalism came from Josie and the Pussycats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I.
Speaker 4: Clicked save immediately, and I've sent it to everybody I know because it's so true, and I think we keep continuing to learn how true that is, how ahead of their time. A few satire movies were right then in two thousand, you know, and why.
Speaker 3: We didn't listen because it douse.
Speaker 4: These movies flopped and we didn't listen hard enough to to mystery Men and chows.
Speaker 3: You the Puisscats, that's my other platform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. You're you're full of underrated, So I'll tell you what. Hell Yeah, Miles, where can people find you as their workimedia you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. Join Jack and I for the final episode of our storied basketball podcasts as we discussed the end of the NBA Finals. Congratulations of the Oklahoma City Thunder Yeah, my heart goes out here media, Patier Home Yeah, and also Tyrese Haliburn I maybe we shouldn't have insisted that you get that leg bone tender when you insisted on playing a with a calf injury. But sorry, I hate to see you pay the price. It was. It was a wonderful series. Wonderful serious. Also, if you want to hear me talking niney day fiance, that's over at four to twenty day fiance. Let's see a couple posts I like this. One is from June at juniper dot beer on be Sky posted right wingers, Donald Trump isn't doing regime change? Donald Trump, we are doing regime change, right wingers. Of course, we are doing regime change. Yes, it feels very, very very why would.
Speaker 1: You not do regime change?
Speaker 2: Yes? And then another one little lamb at puddle of brain dot, best guy and a social used. I understand that the couple has prepared their own prompts that resulted in vows.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh shit, that's happening right now, probably somewhere too real. Yeah, you gotta bet that wedding you go to on Friday, you gotta make sure that they wrote.
Speaker 2: The Luckily, I know that one person is a talented writer and another is someone who works in tech who is also very cynical about that. So I feel like these were coming straight from the part.
Speaker 1: They're a talented writer even before chat GPT came along and showed us no comment.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to catch dispersions on their talent, but maybe Jack, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, all right, A couple works in media. I've been enjoying. I like to tweet from Lucy Rodin who tweeted carrying a baby for nine months and then naming it chet isn't sane?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I yep, I respect it. Shout out to Shay Holngrim, and then Kristen tweeted flower Company. What if we sell it in a paper bag that's not fully sealed at the bottom. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian and on Blue Sky at Jack ob the Number one. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeigeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist. On Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and in the description you will find the footnotes no, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, is there a song that you think that people might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Yes, there is. Actually it's not necessarily a song. It's actually a fucking Instagram account that posts really dope videos about like samples and where they come from and editing the sample into eventually what the actual track is. But at the account is called just b Man No DJ, and the whole page is just taking these tracks, giving you just sort of how these obscure little moments from a country song ends up like in an outcast track, and it's like, really, it's very, very satisfying. So just check that account out. FROs that know they know, But anyway, this account has, like I think sampling is one of the most beautiful parts about hip hop and just sample based music is the ability to reimagine something pitching it down, stretching it out, chopping it up. And credit to just b Man No DJ because he painstakingly is figuring out, like how to recreate all of these in the same way. So just check it out Just b Man No.
Speaker 1: DJ, Just be Man No DJ. All right, we will link off to that in the footnote that dailys Eiit Guys is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio visit the Heart radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite show that is going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk.
Speaker 2: He'll then bye bye. The Daily Zeite Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j m mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Conner.