Speaker 1: Come on, Yes, Liza, Welcome to Thursday Show. More in studio morning. We have Katherine on the phone and Amarillo. Katherine, good morning, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning studio.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: Well, so I've been.
Speaker 4: Wanting to call in about this. I called a few months ago and asked if I could get a tray or play a game for a tray and anyway. So I got a I want to tray Eddie, and I just wanted to say I got it like.
Speaker 3: In a day and a half.
Speaker 4: And I just can't believe, like Abby.
Speaker 2: Gets so much crap from lunchblocks and he couldn't even send a toilet seat.
Speaker 3: In six months.
Speaker 5: Great point.
Speaker 1: So for those that aren't an every minute listener, I'll explain a little bit what's going on here.
Speaker 5: Thank you Catherine.
Speaker 1: So I'd ordered too many trays. My wife said, like order, I think she had to order one or two. I think I pushed the button too many times in order. There's like eight breakfast trays that showed up, but the house like wooden trays that you put on top of your lap if like you're in the bed. And SO had way too many. So I brought him in and I had people sign them that came by the studio and we just gave them the listeners if they wanted to play a game. Which one did you win?
Speaker 5: Catherine?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 6: It was what tray or what?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well what was on the tray?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you guys all signed it. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody in the studio you signed it.
Speaker 6: Ray.
Speaker 4: It is like less Stress was live and he's here. It was so hilarious.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you won the tray. So we had some to We had artists signed. So you must have got one of the earlier versions before an artist.
Speaker 5: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey even more valuable because Ray wrote an inscription on that one exactly.
Speaker 5: So we did these breakfast trays. We signed him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Abby is like so efficient at every single thing. And Lunchbox promised a listener a toilet seat that we got in a palette and it took six months minimal to get to him.
Speaker 5: So your thoughts, Lunchbox, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the person that called I didn't have his address. See, Abby has the is on the phone and it was able to take your address right away. Way me, I'd have scuba hunt through voicemails. We had to find his voicemail. Leave him a voicemail, send him an email to get his address, So it takes a lot of steps. It wasn't just clear and cut like he was on the phone. Hey, let me get your address and write it down. So it was a lot different. There's a lot of inside baseball that you don't understand. But thanks for calling. And I hope you spilled that momosa on your lap, Catherine.
Speaker 5: So two things.
Speaker 1: One, he's not being completely honest here when we can ask Scuba and Abby about it. But there are other instances the set list that the listener one the lunchbox had.
Speaker 5: How long take you to send that one out? That was a year? That was on my Instagram? Yeah, yeah, and you can then when I sent it, I never got to thank you. Yeah, but it took you a year to send it out.
Speaker 1: Inside Baseball that was a year and a Yeah, Scuba, what's up?
Speaker 5: I'm still laughing at I hope you spilled that mimosa on your lap. Yeah. I just think the track record speaks for itself. I really need to say a whole lot. You said. One item took a year, one item took six months. I mean, I rest my case.
Speaker 2: No, no, but the toilet seed we had to hunt him down.
Speaker 5: We did. It was like it was like maybe over like a few weeks exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but guys, it wasn't clear.
Speaker 5: Yeah it.
Speaker 1: Now you're sitting on our seat, Catherine, did you did we sign it to you or do we just send it to you?
Speaker 5: Like it was? Is your name on it?
Speaker 4: You know you signed it first to me. You even asked how to spell my name but still perfectly, And then everybody else on the show wrote like a little message that's great, the best.
Speaker 1: Then it was inscribed to Catherine. That's what I wanted to make sure because if not, you could send it back, we could write it to you.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought that to light, because yes, when Lunchboks promises something, either it doesn't happen or it takes six months to a year to happen.
Speaker 5: Not with us, not with Abbey running and the show. I'm not a secretary, Abby is okay? Cool? Not accurate. It's not a secretary, right, no?
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 7: Also, most secretaries aren't secretaries these days. It's called executive assistant or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was not even that nos a producer Okay, Catherine, thank you I'm glad you highlighted the high efficient employee we have named Abby.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thank you, Abby, thank you, show, thank you, thank you, Catherine.
Speaker 5: And now you must go by. Well it's time for her to go. Yes.
Speaker 1: By the way, speaking of like memorabilia, there's a pair of ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland from the Wizard of Oz. They're going up for auction. They're expecting those are pretty memorable as far as like in our culture, pop culture history. They're expected to fetch up to three point five million dollars. Wow, and that's a who whole whole lot of money. But that is something that is like an iconic part of popular culture.
Speaker 5: These are the rubies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's more than one pair. For a while, someone say shoes have a story. They were stolen from a museum displaying two thousand and five because the guy thought they had real rubies on him.
Speaker 5: Idiot.
Speaker 1: The FBI eventually recovered the slippers in twenty eighteen. He got him back, took them to the to the pawn shop. Guys, real, now, man, this is glitter man. But what it's stupid if he would have just kept them and sold them as for what they were he could have made a ton of money, but now the FBI got them three point five million dollars.
Speaker 5: That's from k R E eleven.
Speaker 3: Of sin by.
Speaker 5: Nanamous sin Barrow. There's a question to be.
Speaker 1: Hello, Bobby Bones, I have a friend who borrows clothes from me time to time. Recently we met up and another friend of hers was wearing a shirt and jacket that I had let them borrow. I did not know this person. They were wearing my clothes because my friend let them borrow my clothes.
Speaker 5: She told me that.
Speaker 1: Her friend didn't have proper attire when she showed up, so she let them borrow the outfit. It got worse when this person ended up getting wine stains all over my clothes. My question is who has to pay to replace it or get it cleaned, my friend who borrowed it or the person who borrowed it from her signed clothes lender offended. So that's not cool of your friend to give away your clothes.
Speaker 5: Not cool at all?
Speaker 3: If yeah, she could ask you beforehand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not cool? Cool said you don't give her any more clothes? First of all, you don't.
Speaker 1: You can still be your friend, and we don't know how die or the situation was, but still she shouldn't given your clothes, shouldn' given some of her clothes that fit the vacasion. So if we'll call her level three, the friend that the person you don't know. If level three doesn't pay to have it fixed, level two must either get you a new one or pay for it, because that's all on her. So the girl that spilled it on it, she should be nice to level two and get it cleaned or get a new one. But if she doesn't, it's all on level two's fault because that's who you loaned it to. So don't own her any more clothes, but it is her responsibility to get it back to you new or cleaned, however that happens.
Speaker 7: Amy, Yeah, that's exactly what needs to happen. She definitely needs to get paid back. I mean, the original news come from whoever spilt the wine, you would think, But just in case she doesn't, then the friend that linded and then also a little club soda.
Speaker 5: Well one to three. Three doesn't know you and you don't know three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the person that did it is two to loan the clothes, So everything that happened is her fault. She should have never loaned the clothes, So three spilling stuff on it, that's two's fault. So two either gets three to pay four it has to pay for it themself. Two's not out of the out of that doghouse here, level two, your friend you give it to it's all their fault.
Speaker 5: You're saying. The ball is on two's court.
Speaker 1: Two all two's core. Now three can be nice enough to get it fixed because three is the one that did it. But three doesn't know one.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I feel like it starts in the three, but.
Speaker 1: Three doesn't know one, So why would three care about one? Doesn't I don't even know them?
Speaker 7: Good good point, because does three even know she was wearing?
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 1: We don't know. So it's all person two. Never give them clothes again, that's what we say. And it's up to person number two to get them cleaned or get them new. That's how we stand on that. All right, thank you, that's an easy one. There's Sandy. It's a guy from Richmond, Virginia.
Speaker 8: I get married in less than two weeks and can't dance sulm lack of rich I need help from the mirror ball winner himself.
Speaker 1: I feel like he needs help from me because he thinks I also have lack of rhythmat I don't have lack, but compared to other great dancers I do. Here's what you do. First of all, you just don't care. It's your wedding. A lot of bad dancers who cares. Just have a good time. Number one dance. It doesn't matter if you're on rhythm too. If you're really worried about it, it's a simple head and shoulders up and down. That's the move. You can just do your arms too. You don't have to go like legs and hips. You literally can just snap your fingers and bounce your head and that's it.
Speaker 5: So you got it. Snappy fingers bounce you. Less is more.
Speaker 1: If you're worried about what you look like, I would encourage you not to worry about what you look like and just go go to town because nobody cares. Actually, people are gonna like it when you see somebody dancing badly, but just like not caring an enjoying life, aren't you like I wish I could be more like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, of.
Speaker 1: Course be that person. So but if you're not that person, snappy fingers move your head. You know, you gotta move your hips to your body. If you can snap, good and if you can't snap, just move your head. And if you can't move your head, move your guys. Blink yeah, blink under You got it, buddy. You're worrying about it so much. It's going to affect your dancing in your rhythm. Don't worry about it. Have a good time and congratulations.
Speaker 5: Cool as pile of stories.
Speaker 7: Starbucks is bringing back handwriting customers' names on the cups. This is something that got rid of when they went digital, and so when you get your cup, it's like a printed out thing and it says your name. But they feel like they're missing that connection that made it special with customers back in the day. They're also going to be adding creamer and sugar out for people to just make themselves that went away during the pandemic. But they want more of a coffee shop vibe that they feel like they've lost.
Speaker 1: They want to be able to misspell everybody's name of cursive now with their own head right right.
Speaker 7: And also they are looking for something like two hundred thousand sharpies.
Speaker 3: So if anybody has.
Speaker 5: Me, we got a lot around here. I live by them all right, what else.
Speaker 7: A mom was shocked when she got a phone call from her kids' school saying, hey, you.
Speaker 3: Know your five year old, we just found a condom in his pocket.
Speaker 5: A five year old, so obviously somebody put it in the five.
Speaker 3: And his jeans pocket.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the five year old had no idea what it even was, and the mom she personally she had her tubes tied a long time ago, so they don't have anything like that in the house.
Speaker 3: This is a story in People.
Speaker 7: Magazine, and there's a working theory that maybe as a prank someone at a kid's clothing store, the jeans had were new, they hadn't been washed or anything, so he was wearing them. That maybe at a kid's clothing store, some people thought it'd be funny if they went around and stuck condoms in kids clothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dad, great theory, hug, The dad created a heck of a theory on the spot over there.
Speaker 7: But the son didn't even know where it came from, or the son would have said, oh, I got it out of daddy's.
Speaker 5: Got it and hit it in there.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 7: Why is it out later in your kid's pants and he's gonna wear to school.
Speaker 3: You never know there are better places.
Speaker 1: Well, we're not argue in that, but necessity, right, guys, you do what you gotta do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys don't have sort of that passion, right.
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 5: Amy, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Ninety one year old Willing Nelson just released his one hundred and fifty third album and he did an interview with the AP and he said he's not going anywhere. Quote, I'm not worried about dying. I don't feel bad, I don't hurt anywhere, and I don't have any reason to worry about it.
Speaker 1: I am the opposite of all of those I worry about dying. I heard everywhere. I feel bad, and I have reasons to worry about it.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: But isn't this a great way to live?
Speaker 7: Because he's ninety one, he doesn't add that stress of what if I die?
Speaker 5: Well, but the stress is taken care of. Yeah, that correct stressed out whenever you're high? All right? Is that it?
Speaker 3: I'm Amy, that's my pile.
Speaker 5: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good.
Speaker 3: News produce already.
Speaker 6: Claudie Wilson has been the custodian at Swedenborg Elementary in.
Speaker 5: Missouri for thirty years.
Speaker 6: Not only was she the custodian, she was also a bus driver, a plumber, and a lunch server. So the school is like, how do we celebrate her? How do we honor her for her thirty years? So what did they do? They named one of the buildings in the school after her. Wow building, It's called the Claudine Wilson Learning Center.
Speaker 1: Dang to have a building. It's risky, I feel, and I love for Claudine. Maybe she breaks the rule in my mind. I feel like you should never make a statue or name a building after a living person, because we are flawed humans, and eventually they take those statues down.
Speaker 5: You do something bad.
Speaker 1: But hopefully Claudine, no, she sounds a plus and mostly you know what I'm talking about men. I think it should just be you should name it after men or build statues of men.
Speaker 3: Occasionally women's stats.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I know, but there's a whole I feel pretty solid about Claudian though. That's an awesome story. A building that's crazy, all right, there you go, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 5: That was telling me something good. What do you have over there?
Speaker 3: I have the workplace, this or that and what are we doing here?
Speaker 7: Well, you're going to say, would you like this at your workplace or that at your workplace?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I see a lot of coworkers playing this on Instagram and it's would you like a high salary or flexible hours?
Speaker 5: Hi? Salary? Okay, high salary for sure? Hi salary. I love money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I work all hours?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Would you like work from home flexibility? Or you have to go into the office with those perks like catered lunch every day?
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting because I could just eat at home, but you catered catered?
Speaker 5: What job does that? Well?
Speaker 3: Remember they used to do it here, not really, not every day.
Speaker 5: That's snacks in there, but they didn't cater lunch every day. They had lunch here two times a week. This new building not every day lunchboks.
Speaker 3: Are in it now, Yes, would you like?
Speaker 5: I would hold on? I would rather.
Speaker 1: I don't really like working from home because we had the opportunity to do that during COVID, and I just it was I was too much in my own So I don't even care about the catered lunch. I'd like it, but that always put like mayonnaise on sandwiches, and I hate that.
Speaker 3: Okay, movie, there's other office perks.
Speaker 5: Okay, I would rather work.
Speaker 1: I'd rather work and have actual parking, and I hit curbs in our building like I do now because I stu parking.
Speaker 7: All right, Next, would you like unlimited vacation or a four day work week indefinitely?
Speaker 6: Wait, unlimited vacation that's like every day, right, yeah, unlimited vaca.
Speaker 1: Unlimited vacations, and that means you get money for free for doing nothing.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean you take the whole year office job.
Speaker 5: Set this differently, then, how about.
Speaker 1: Six weeks vacation or four day work weeks?
Speaker 5: Oh, six weeks vacation gotta be amazing. Oh six weeks.
Speaker 1: But if you do four day work week, you still get like your two I'm gonna go four day work week?
Speaker 3: Yeah too? Last one?
Speaker 7: Closing your computer at five pm? Your totally done, or you get a two hour lunch break.
Speaker 5: Oh, be done at five? I kind of hate them both hate How do you hate both of those?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What's being done at five? And what's a lunch break?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, there are things like I want to do, Like, there are things that I want to get done so I can like be ahead. It's not about me swimming to survive. It's about me wanting to swim past everybody. Yeah, so both of those sound miserable to me. I'm sure you'd sneak it. I mean, it says, close your computer at five. But but if I take it to our lunch break, then I'm gonna end up working till eleven.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 7: Other countries, though, they take long lunch breaks, and they seem to.
Speaker 1: Be well they hear yeah yeah, but and they don't live in a world like we do in the United States, where the number one thing is capitalism and stress. Yes, but that's a part of it. Yes, yes, we like stress here. No, but that's a part of our culture. Getting ahead, grinding, getting ahead.
Speaker 7: Okay, if everybody collectively just didn't do that, then it wouldn't be around.
Speaker 3: I wish.
Speaker 5: Here's what I wish.
Speaker 1: I wish everybody collectively would take a step back and I wouldn't dominate everybody.
Speaker 5: That would be the greatest. I love it. Okay, thank you, score well.
Speaker 7: Thank you for playing No, I love it.
Speaker 5: Here's a voicemail from Wendy God.
Speaker 8: Bless you for keeping politics out of your show. It is a breath of fresh air. We obviously as a country are more divided than we have ever been. I just want to say hey for being a show that I can go to and I don't have to, you know, worry about the political end of what is all going on. So keep it up, love the show, have a super often day.
Speaker 1: Well, this is awkward because I want to announce my endorsement for twenty twenty eight presidency. That's the time I just commit to four years of it now after just making a point to not bring it to this space, Wendy, thank you. I appreciate that it is. It's very tough to do, especially when a lot of culture is that. But you know, I kind of made the decision that that is not what you come here for, so I'm not going to force it down your throats in any direction whatsoever. So thank you for saying that. It is an effort, a concerted effort to not do that. Obviously, we all feel the ways that we feel, and they're all different ways too, but we don't feel like this is the place for that, so we try to keep it as safe as possible.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Uh, Danny and Virginia, you.
Speaker 3: Guys are said lunchbox selling the Miranda Lambert coffee cup.
Speaker 1: You told him we had like a week or whatever.
Speaker 5: Did that ever happen? I love the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Yeah, we didn't have him doing that, like he found it and said he was going to sell it.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox updates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had offers for one hundred dollars, but I was looking for five hundred, so I was hoping i'd get a higher bid and I have not got it yet.
Speaker 5: And where do you get those offers? People are sliding into the dms on Instagram? Good luck.
Speaker 1: Guys. I don't know that it's authentic. No, it is trusting that we've done some investigating. Not sure that it's authentic. I just put that out there. I check the footage. Yeah, we don't know. Yeah, there's no We had a lot of those cups up here and feel like there's some funny business. So hey, get it at you're un risks, So what we'll say that.
Speaker 5: Takes price down? Why are you trying to hit?
Speaker 1: Why humans are feeling sad for robots? We'll talk about that. And if somebody behind you and they honk at you. It happened to me and for the first time I felt this. I've never felt this way when someone honked at me before, but had a low issue. We'll talk about that next as well. I think I'm growing as a person. I think maybe society is getting a little better too. I was at a light this morning. I was not on my phone. I was just thinking and the light turned from red to green and I was just kind of drifting off, not sleeping, but just like lost, and the car behind me goes did it, and I was like, oh, thank you very much. One year ago i'd have been like, screw you. But the double tap, the double light tap, I think is starting to catch on.
Speaker 5: It's friendly. Yeah, it's not angry. It's like I'm looking out.
Speaker 3: For you tap, instead of the like what are you doing idiot?
Speaker 5: Because I and again I was not on my phone.
Speaker 3: They probably thought you were, though, and even so.
Speaker 1: They were looking out, they didn't go honk. And I know we've talked about it. Like the double light tap, it's much different than the single hold horn. I wish the cars gave us two versions of horns.
Speaker 5: Have two buttons.
Speaker 1: It two to one is like to haunt, like you about to hit somebody, Like move out the way, about to.
Speaker 5: Have a wreck.
Speaker 1: You're an idiot, middle finger all that that's that one or the other one that's like.
Speaker 5: Like some sort of like joyous noise.
Speaker 1: But I definitely accepted that as hey, I'm looking out for you, joyous noise, that lie has turned green, feel free to go.
Speaker 5: And I did.
Speaker 1: And I think it's the first time ever in my gut wasn't like sorry stupid. So I like to I'd like to celebrate me for a second. Good for you, man, I like to sell thank you. I'd like to celebrate no.
Speaker 5: Not damage.
Speaker 3: They're the ones they did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people do that forever, and I didn't. I thought it was mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So now I want to celebrate mean because I thank you because I am, I am having growth and that I can actually hear the difference and not just react.
Speaker 5: And so let's that be a lesson to everybody. It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: If somebody too, tuots you, that is a joyous noise. If I'm looking out for you, maybe you want to just proceed. If it had been a long honk yeah, out of driven, like fifteen miles an hour, fighting words, or just sat there for a little bit longer.
Speaker 5: How do you do the double tap? Do you punch it or do you actually push it?
Speaker 1: Twice that kind of give a little Well, some horns are significant, so it's very hard to do the If it's a significant if you have to push hard on.
Speaker 3: Is, it could come across as holy if you.
Speaker 5: Don't punch it. I do think.
Speaker 1: Let's just state this rule for all of our audience here. If you hear two horn honks, that is a joyous honk. A joy is like I got your back, honk.
Speaker 3: But quick.
Speaker 1: But sometimes they can't be that quick because the horn is so substantial. If you if you know, but if you just hear too broken up, that eliminates any horn size. Okay, okay, that's the rule. Took even too, ha ha. That's that's we got your buddy. And no one can be mad and go no, because nobody does that. If you're mad, you just.
Speaker 7: Go I've gotten followed by the middle finger.
Speaker 1: Oh well, if it's followed by the middle finger, that is a difference. Yes. According to a new study, people can feel empathy for robots, especially when they show signs of distress like sad sounds or trembling arms. Researchers had people shake a robot that made sad noises, and people ended up feeling emotional distress because they were mistreating the robot Earth dot Com.
Speaker 5: I felt this, Uh, what do you mean?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't have a robot myself, but my ex husband he has one of those dog robots at his business. Like their company they have one of those big dog that can go in, like if there's a bomb or war, they send the dog robot in. And it was at our house once and I started.
Speaker 3: To have feelings for it, like I was.
Speaker 7: I get worried about it and like, I don't know what, like I think about it sometimes still, like when it's at work, like where are they sending it and what is it doing?
Speaker 3: And what's going to happen to it?
Speaker 5: Because we relate it to a real dog, right.
Speaker 7: Yes, and it like makes little movements and you just you're like, oh, this is so cute and yeah, so I feel that. And also if I'm talking to AI or chat GBT, I say please and thank you.
Speaker 1: And it's because we're related to the human version that we know. It's not because we're like we feel sad or mad at a computer program.
Speaker 5: It's because what it does.
Speaker 1: It makes us feel what we would feel if the thing that we loved and we're around actually had that right in a related story. When I play Madden, if I have to like mention my quarterback like I feel bad or I have.
Speaker 5: To cut the I'm like kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm like, like, I know we've spent two seasons together, but I got to cut you, buddy. And I know it's just a computer, but in my heart a little bit, I'm like, it feels like I'm actually cutting somebody from the team.
Speaker 3: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 7: And this is only going to get worse because we're only going to be around more and more robots.
Speaker 5: It's weird because la weird because we're saying a robot.
Speaker 1: But what it's not weird is that we actually have empathy for actually these human experiences and that's why they're making us feel this way because we've had so many human experiences that we feel this way. So look at it like that is that what's happening is these experience we're having robot dogs, robot football players. We've had so many experiences with humans, and what it does is remind us of those and make us you feel those again more than it does ones and zeros, and we're like, I feel bad for.
Speaker 5: This computer program. Okay, So peta doggy, give it a treat.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't see it anymore.
Speaker 5: That's a service dog. Hey, wait to take a service dog like that one was real.
Speaker 3: It was technically called like a drone dog.
Speaker 5: But it is weird. It is weird.
Speaker 7: It doesn't I don't see it anymore.
Speaker 1: Blake Mirror did a whole episode of those things Mirror. Yeah, it was awesome. Those things gonna kill us all. I'm good anyway that everybody's here, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll give you one note of the song you tell me the song give me a note.
Speaker 5: I got that one.
Speaker 1: It's Mark Morrison, Return of the Mac. I'm not gonna play. I played yesterday and it was it was carnage.
Speaker 5: That's the return of the man. The song. Yeah, Mac Mac like Mac daddy, dude. That's cool.
Speaker 1: It's like me so yes and you. That is the appropriate timing for the words you still use. Yes, okay, give me give me another one, got it?
Speaker 5: That's green day, time of your life? What good riddance? Yeah, green Day?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, give another one at base the sign that's easy.
Speaker 5: Say, let's kick it. Yeah, I put belt to your a belt to a No, I don't like that. That's I don't like that. I'll stay out of it. You guys can play. We'll play it next another round.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you one note of a famous song from the nineties. Name that song, Ray, give me an example here, Okay, we know that one that's brings.
Speaker 5: All right, We're gonna do five of these. Write your answer down. You just gotta get the first note.
Speaker 1: Let's go, come on, go, come on, that's a strong one.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna play it again. Here we go. I'm in. Is it too confident ends? Oh yeah, Let's give it one more run here, I'm in for the win. Confident un What do you have? That is Gangster's Paradise?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 3: Okay, Gangster Paradise.
Speaker 5: By the way, you don't have to say the artist. But if you do say the artist and you're wrong, you miss it and the movie was dangerous minds. That's three Eddie, Okay, Gangster's Paradise. I'm in. Are you going back to it or are you really in? I'm in? Okay, then again, I'm in for the women one more time. Okay. Lunchbox Mambo number five.
Speaker 1: I guess wrong. It's don't argue it because that is wrong. I'm in a pretty good mood today, so I'll not give a yellow card. But then I'm giving you a light yellow card. The next one will be a yellow card. Arguing the answer that is lu bega. That is not this single nose Serena though, no, there's not. Actually there isn't.
Speaker 5: There wasn't Wimbledon, Amy, Well.
Speaker 3: I have living Levina Loca.
Speaker 5: Eddie live in La Vida Loca. That is correct. You got cocky man? You then you almost got a yellow card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't because I'm in a good mood today.
Speaker 5: Gosh, right, next one? Oh wow, what a note? What That's a heck of a note?
Speaker 1: That one?
Speaker 5: All right, here we go again.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a note? I can't even hear it.
Speaker 1: You heard the note? You heard it, but everybody else heard No, I didn't talk over it either. Well go ahead, what a note that is?
Speaker 3: But when you yell right after I let.
Speaker 5: The whole note happen, I think I'm in Hey, yellow card framing Amy one more time? Now we can do it. Three? All right, give it to more nine? What a note that is? Would you know that? Bones? I just like yelling? What a note? Immediately?
Speaker 1: Wh it's over to throw all you guys off, but she gets angry. She doesn't know what chacks out on me.
Speaker 3: I'm not angry.
Speaker 7: I just you're yelling right after it with a high note that this counters the note I just heard.
Speaker 5: The notes are counting the juxtaposition of the note. Am I yelling? Oh? I didn't realize that. I'm sorry right doing more time? Want to know that should be different? Yeah? That was like the same. It's perfect. What's funny is Amy knows it. She's gonna I really don't be so irritated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I know I know it, but I can't. We don't know you know it because you know I know, you know, I know the artist.
Speaker 5: I believe in you, but you're not. We won't get it. Okay, Okay, man Amy, Okay.
Speaker 7: Billy, I haven't run anything I did, Billy Jean, you noticed it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know that it's right. I think it's Michael.
Speaker 5: Eddie's Barbie girl.
Speaker 2: Oh I heard that, now, you lunchbox thunder Rolls.
Speaker 5: That's lightning? That you hear lightning? Do you think that's Darth Brooks under Rolls? Yeah, bro, check your ears. Okay, so.
Speaker 1: It's that, that's not it but I appreciate you being nice and and really enjoying the game and having amy.
Speaker 5: You said what I said Billy Jean from Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh okay, so you're you're thinking, I like, there is a note that's kind of like that, but yeah, thriller.
Speaker 5: Probably you think it's Barbie girl right, playing more time?
Speaker 3: Oh I'm a Barbie girl.
Speaker 5: No, that's wrong, that's share. Okay, here we go. Next one one note? Go, simply get a little drum beat there.
Speaker 7: Oh dang it, what it keeps It's like it's like there and then it slips away.
Speaker 5: Why are you so angry?
Speaker 3: Go one more time?
Speaker 1: Oh he gave you a note and a half on that one. Wow, you have an extravat Wow. Lunchbox, what I know the song? Dude? Hold her headphones off and now she's lowered her head. She's singing to herself. Lunchbox is praying. I will bet one hundred dollars the lunchbox does not have it.
Speaker 5: Little I can sing the song to you. He might can do that. I just can't get thunder Rolls. But it's good and boogie all. I guess we have five.
Speaker 3: I can't get there if.
Speaker 5: Oh man, but I don't know if I have the name, really, yeah, then you probably don't know it. Oh, I know it.
Speaker 1: If you don't have the name, I don't think you would know it. I have a name, I just don't know if it's the name, I don't know. Okay, lunchbox, your answer?
Speaker 5: How do I get back there? And that's wrong? I should have been one hundred dollars? That's a song, Amy, it is?
Speaker 3: Is it? If you want to buy me flowers?
Speaker 5: You're thinking of like two princess?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 5: Is it? That's that's chamber.
Speaker 3: I'm not guessing.
Speaker 1: I don't have anything much for you singers, because he may get back there.
Speaker 5: I think he has he's so off, but I think he has it in his own How do I get back there? Yeah, he's there, Eddie, what do you have? Semi charmed? That's correct, and that's that is spend doctors.
Speaker 6: He does say sem semi kind charm kind of life.
Speaker 5: It's called semi chum life. See that's where I got confused. Hey, next one up. You guys are dead. It's over. I'm in Hollywood. Hogan comes out again. No, not Hollywood's the villain Hogan. Hey, dark hair no, he did. His beard was dark. Okay, just the beard because they have a lot of hair. He's bald on topics. Yeah, one time, m h first note. I then I think Lunchbox will get this one. Possibly Lunchbox closing time. No, no, no, hells. Would you have bet money on that one?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Oh, you're pretty confident.
Speaker 2: I felt your confidence was that you're just gonna lose, and I felt I felt pretty good.
Speaker 5: But I wouldn't have bet money.
Speaker 2: But I felt like it was, Yeah, you gotta go home, but you got it's closing time for you to.
Speaker 5: Go out in the world.
Speaker 3: Champagne Supernova, So close does it go? Does it start with said? Maybe? Man?
Speaker 1: Is that not? That's not how it starts because it's wonderful. You're right, that's that's the chorus of it. Yeah, Hollywood Hogan wins again, man, just like that, Just like that. I do believe though, what what what? Whenever you talk garbage? Yesterday I came in and whooped your butt at this game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're not playing, so I can be Hollywood Hogan. If you're playing, I get tucked away because I get humbled. Okay, just make it sure, be humble. Eddie's our winner. It's time for the good news by.
Speaker 1: A dentist in Pennsylvania provided a freedental care to twenty five veterans, over ten thousand dollars in services for free, and all she said was, we're having this event, and so they offered veterans and their families any essential treatment like cleanings or fillings or extractions. Her name is doctor Dina Newfer. She's practice dentistry for over thirty years and she just wants to give back to the veteran community. And so again she was like, I'm here, make your appointment, and anything we can get done during this event, it will all be for free. And I think that is awesome. And that's from News Nation Now. And a big shout out to doctor Dina Newfer. Because it's a dentist. I just don't have good thoughts. I have a great dentist. And even then I'm like, this is gonna hurt But I do think it's gonna hurt less because I have a great dentist. But I don't ever think like this is gonna feel good, right, So big shout out to doctor Dina.
Speaker 5: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: That was telling me something good, Let's figure out Amy's morning, Corny's We have ninety seconds to get as many as we can.
Speaker 5: Ready, let's go the mourning Corny.
Speaker 3: What do you call a pumpkin that lifts weights?
Speaker 1: Bloody Gordon, Gordon, bloody builder, pumpkin that lifts a pumpkin patch, pumpkin, seeds, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin, lumpkin.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's good, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: What do you call a pumpkin pumpkin, pumpkin patch, pumpkin scary Jackie lannern pump sciron jack o jack O lannern.
Speaker 5: Okay good?
Speaker 3: What do you call it when the cranberry sauce is missing?
Speaker 1: Cranberry sauce is missing, cranberries berryby berry berry very.
Speaker 5: Very erry is using kidnap, kidnapped kran. It's a cran mystery, cran cran alert, crand napping cran investigation mm hmm investigation.
Speaker 3: What do you call it when the cranberry sauce.
Speaker 5: Is missberry sauce? That's going to be we're looking for sauce.
Speaker 3: Ranber cranberry sauce.
Speaker 5: Is miss cranberry sauce.
Speaker 1: It's a berry when aries gone Erry very sad because you want some ferry side empty cran very very very very confusing. Is it we're doing very four?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean getting berry for very is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like it's like very sad, is that it?
Speaker 3: I mean that could work.
Speaker 5: We'll take it letter we should get it next one. Okay, what not see we don't like taking it, but if very it could work.
Speaker 7: It's like it's it what is it? Everybody needs to have that at Thanksgiving? So it's missing.
Speaker 3: It's a very big problem.
Speaker 5: We should get that because the berry was the joke very.
Speaker 3: You'd like it's very sad.
Speaker 5: I still only got two very big problem.
Speaker 7: It's a yeah, cranberry sauce is missing.
Speaker 3: Is a very big problem.
Speaker 5: We'll take to verry sad or it's a very terrible joke. What did you get your LifeLock report? I did.
Speaker 7: Every month I get my email which has my like status update from them and everything they protected me from.
Speaker 1: Not a commercial, by the way, not a commercial. No, I do just think where they're like they saved you from like whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well they said that they searched five different five hundred different categories and topics and like scams I guess to protect me and I was good to go. And I was like, wow, look at them looking out for me because they scour it and handle it all and that protects me. And then right after I got that, I got a text message from the post Office.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh, and it was a scam.
Speaker 7: It was definitely a scam. But also I was reminded. I was reminded in my email or from LifeLock that like, hey, they got my back if I have problems. And I was like, well, I'm not clicking this link.
Speaker 3: But now I know.
Speaker 1: We are a big LifeLock show. They're a big sponsor. This is not a sponsored segment or anything. But what I want to bring up to you guys is and this is from Mike. If you guys, send Mike one of these scam alerts and you like like a text or an email that you have that's like, this was the problem. This was the If you send them the entire thing, it comes off, tell them what happens. Yeah, you get Marcus spam and it will and his folder. So you can say I have one and it's about this, but don't send the whole thing, because oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Don't send bad links. It's like, hey, this is a bad link. Amy did not send the link. Thank god. She was like, here's the whole thing. No, I did, Oh you did?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did.
Speaker 5: I know Amy's link.
Speaker 3: I know, like I was also updating Mike.
Speaker 7: I'm like, hey, you know five hundred different categories and there was no threat to my identity.
Speaker 3: I was like, but get this.
Speaker 7: I did get this text today one and then I copied and pasted the text and.
Speaker 1: I sent it to Mike to show You're said you took off the link because Amy sent the link.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: I got an email back and it said your email has been denied to Mike d like it wouldn't send, And so then I went in and deleted the link and then he got it.
Speaker 5: So if Amy does that, as she though, Amy almost.
Speaker 7: Scanned all of us, Mike text me, He goes, please don't include those links.
Speaker 1: I was like, ouch, mikey Anyway. Lifelock's awesome promo code is the promo code is Bobby, Bobby, thank you. If you sign up, you get something.
Speaker 3: And you get monthly reports.
Speaker 5: It's awesome. I'm telling you, it's awesome. Lifelike.
Speaker 3: We're I'm a paying customer.
Speaker 5: Okay, the anonymous inbox is next. You really are?
Speaker 3: Yes, I really am.
Speaker 5: I should get that point for free, though, I'm being honest. My bad. That's on me.
Speaker 1: This is a great situational story. Husbands and wives. Listen to this, amy, you can tell it, and let's see how the room fels. Let's see our listeners feel.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Okay, So we all have a friend and.
Speaker 5: It's a real person, by the way, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: We all know.
Speaker 7: Yes, And I think he said he's like, hey, you can be a therapist here on this situation. And he's like, tell me what you think. So I guess he's maybe leaving your house, Bobby or something. And he was on his way home and he called to check in with the fam, like, hey, do y'all need anything, and the answer was no, we're good. Well, then he decided to grab something to eat because he was hungry.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit of a longer drive five minute drive from my house.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So then when he got home he had eaten, and then I guess the situation was a His wife was, well, wait, why didn't you call us if I wanted anything? He goes I did call, I said, is there anything y'all need, and then just we didn't say that specifically, and so he's like, oh, this is just so confusing because at the time when he said is there anything y'all need, he didn't know he was going to stop. I said, well, I guess you when you stopped to get food, you should call back and said, hey, I decided to stop. Would y'all like anything? And so I think he's just like, God, it's this whole dilemma of like, what did I do wrong? Because you know, the wife was a little bit annoyed, and he's like, but I called to say is there anything you need?
Speaker 5: Here's the question. Should the wife the first question? Should the wife have been annoyed? Has? Should the wife could? Yeah? If I saying that right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Should she have been annoyed that he did not bring her any food when he called her to say is there anything you need?
Speaker 5: Amy? Just the wife here? Should she have been annoyed?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: She should be annoyed? Okay, why because she probably was cooking dinner and had this whole thing and he didn't.
Speaker 5: Say that's a great point.
Speaker 3: He didn't say anything about food. He probably meant like, you know what home depot?
Speaker 7: Yeah, like, or you you need something from the grocery store whatever. When he said that, and that's what she assumed, so she's like, no, we're good. She's probably in her mind she's like, I got to cover to a dinner on the stove. We're good, We're gonna be ready to eat when you get here. Instead, when he shows up at home, he's eaten.
Speaker 1: I think that is a valid reason for me to feel slightly different than I feel okay good because the food thing.
Speaker 5: But if he says, hey, do you need anything?
Speaker 1: If she were cooking dinner, though, Like if I call my wife and I were like, hey, I'm gout to head home, do you need anything, she would let me know that she's cooking dinner, not to get food. No, I just know that because she would need anything, that could mean I'm probably gonna stop and get food or something. Now. I do think when he decided specifically he was going to get food, he could have called her and say, hey, I'm actually stopping by Chipotle.
Speaker 5: Do you want any things?
Speaker 1: But I don't think he did anything wrong, and I don't think she should be upset because he did call her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think either one of them is it is on the wrong. I think that just both of them.
Speaker 7: I guess based on what you're saying, and then how I feel about it is they could have just communicated better, like she could have been more clear, like, no, I don't need anything because I have dinner on the stove for good we're waiting for you. Can't wait to see you. And then when he decided to stop at wherever Chipotle, he should have said, hey, I decided to pull over and grab Chipotle?
Speaker 3: Want anything? Or should I not eat because you're cooking?
Speaker 5: That's just a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's not in the wrong. I feel like he's not the wrong. I feel like they have learned from this experience. But if she was cooking dinner and that wasn't the standard and he it wasn't an expectation, because it sounds like it wasn't the expectation that she had dinner, it was cooking dinner at the house of the time, then then it's kind of on her to let him know that that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, But okay.
Speaker 7: I feel like that's a quick call, Like if you're like, you know, she's like juggling a lot of different things. If he calls it you need anything, and she's like, no, we're good, and they hang up.
Speaker 1: But if she's cooking dinner and it's normally not dinner time and that's not the general expectation of when dinner is, he just no. But or if it was, what was stan But he would have known that if he was used to her making dinner at that time on that day. I don't think that he's wrong me neither. He should have called back, though, I can say if he's going, I'll give you that. He could have called back to say, hey, by the way, I'm going to stop and get food, specifically, do you want any food? But I do not feel like he there should be any anger at him at all. Yeah, because he did a call. Listen if you're me, I probably got some beating then lied and necked like I wouldn't. Full I got home, I was like, oh, crap, when you eat again? Yeah, to eat again and like slowly give a little bit of the dogs and do that trick.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: So what do we learn from this?
Speaker 3: Just more details. The more details, the better I.
Speaker 5: Can agree with that.
Speaker 1: Now, what if he decides in the middle of the trip home that he's going to get something to eat, and he didn't mean that at first. He was like, do you need anything? He's like, you know, I should probably get someod to eat because I don't know that she's going to have dinner.
Speaker 3: Cause revisit, revisit the conversation.
Speaker 5: Maybe she should let him know that she's have has dinner going yeah.
Speaker 7: But I could see getting that phone call and just be like, no, we're good, I'll see you when you get home, and not giving.
Speaker 5: Every detail and dinner.
Speaker 3: But he didn't call about food. He said do you need anything?
Speaker 5: I know, but she also didn't say that she was cooking dinner. And then I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's not Amy or I no, no, no, We're fine for people we know right now, as you can tell, we're locked into people we know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're free him and not for her.
Speaker 5: Clearly, I know. I'm for the greater good and justice for the marriage, Yes, for the marriage.
Speaker 3: We're for all relationships.
Speaker 7: So in a nutshell, just walk away from this little conversation here with like, hey, just share little details.
Speaker 1: If you're He was a bit generic and when he decided to stop for food, he should have given her hands.
Speaker 5: I can give you that clear as cond She should have also explained it.
Speaker 1: I am cooking dinner, by the way, and I know it's not that we don't normally on Sunday nights have dinner at this time, I don't get to cook dinner, but I'm going to cook dinner.
Speaker 5: They both could have done that. But I give a judgment to him. Cool, got it, Thank you, and you get the judgment to her. Obviously we're deadline. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the firstep of the podcast. That is the end of the first tip of the podcast.
Speaker 1: You can go to podcast too, or you can wait till podcast to come out.