Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about my boobs?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure? Why not?
Speaker 1: No? No, I mean, so, what's what's the story.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I have had three implants surgeries implant surgeries, and I just they're too big, they're heavy, they pull, like I just pull down my neck. But I'm also like I don't know, I don't I got So I was doing a podcast interview with Bunny Exo and she brought up b I I and I was like.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: And breast illness?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like a BBL or BBL what am I getting? And She's like, no, it could be. So I was like, I do you remember there was a phase where everyone was like, oh, I feel sick from my implants And people were like, no, that's you know, not true.
Speaker 2: Is that a thing? Is it real?
Speaker 1: So it depends who you ask. If you ask a bunch of board certified plastic surgeons, they might tell you it really isn't necessarily a thing. But my view on this, if you know there's enough people telling you that they're having an issue and they've had breast implants, I think there's probably something to it. Okay, the problem plastic surgeons have with this BII breast implan illness thing is that if you have breast implann illness from either leaking implants or you know, micro bleeding into the tissues, that's getting into your system and affecting your immune function. Theoretically, if you take them out, all breast implan illness should probably go away. And it doesn't necessarily work that way. You know, if there's a virus causing a disease or a bacteria and you kill the bacteria in the virus, you tend to get one hundred percent of people get better. Right. It's that that's why the science of breast implant illness is a little tricky. Having said that, if a patient comes in with all the classic signs of breast implantailis, which is fatigue and joint pain and hair falling out and skin changes, and they've had silicone implants for a long time, what you should do is say, you know, why don't you go get an MRI and see if they're ruptured. And then if they're ruptured, you say, all right, you know you're ruptured, so let's take them out. And then you have to figure out do we want to put a pair back in, or do we leave them out because you may or may not have had breast implant illness. And then if they're not ruptured, it's when it's really tricky because you go, well, they're not ruptured, so how did it give you breast implant illness? Right? I mean why you would say, well, because the immune systems overreacting to your breast implants. And you say all right, and you give them the option. You say, well, the data is not really there, just like it's not there for peptides, and we still do speptize. But you say, look, these are your options. We could take them out, keep them out for a while, right and see whether you get better, Or we could take them out, take the capsule out because maybe there's some micro bleeding into the capsule, and put a new pair back in, which might be objectionable because you know, we're putting the same thing back in that may have caused the breast implannels. It's really unclear. What I can tell you, in my opinion is there are a few doctors out there who use it as a marketing tool and they advertise this n block capsule ectomy for breast implant as well. If you come to me, I'm going to do a special procedure where I'm going to take all of the implant and the capsule and a lot of the surrounding tissue and leave them out and I'm going to cure you. Well, there isn't any science for that, and so I wouldn't necessarily fall into that end block capsule to me thing either, because that's a big operation. It changes the way your breasts look, and if you decide to do something in the future, it can make more difficult because youve remove so much breast tissue and blood supply. So this is one of those very tricky things where you want to go if you think you're having the symptoms, but you're not having symptoms, are you? Do you have fatigue and brain fog? Your hair falls out? Doesn't look like your hair falling out?
Speaker 2: Well, well, thank god for extensions.
Speaker 3: No, I've never lost my hair, but I so here's the interesting thing. When I was about twenty five years old, I remember that I just started feeling like brain fog, almost like I was disassociated, like in a bubble like looking, and I was like, what's happening. I remember going to doctors being like I'm twenty five, and I feel inside like I'm eighty like I before that. I mean, I mean I started working really young, and we were working.
Speaker 2: Crazy hours, but I used to like work out. I would I.
Speaker 3: Would film nine O two and zero for like fourteen hours, be on set all day, and be home at like eight o'clock at night and go to my trainer and work out. I'm super into it. And then at one point I just lost all energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, how long did you have Did you have silicon resting plants? Then?
Speaker 3: So my first set were sailing and that was when I was like nineteen, okay, twenty right, My second ones were silicone, and that's when I was twenty five.
Speaker 1: So you hadn't had it that long and you were having maybe some of that stuff then. I don't know, you know, the first the differential diet, the thing I would put you know, do you have mono? Do you have hypothyroidism? Are you exhausted under pressure from Hollywood? You know, which is probably.
Speaker 2: From five kids?
Speaker 1: Well not at twenty five, not at twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh, at twenty five's right?
Speaker 1: No, at twenty five you were having some of this stuff, right right? Yeah, So at twenty five, I think you know you're shooting, You're under pressure, you're under a microscope. I think that affects. I can't even imagine. Even in the environment in which you grew up, which was very comfortable being in the Hollywood mill, you you still were on. You were on a massive microscope. That's a lot of pressure. Whether you felt it or not, I mean, it just is. You must have felt it. And plus sure you're telling me people are constantly common even back then they were commenty right, which you had. Yeah, I think it's you know, I think stress can manifest in many many ways. I doubt you were having pressed in planet illness. But you you have silicon now, yes, okay, So just to get to it, you have silicone and a third time okay? And were they ever encapsulated or you just changed them out because it was time to change them out.
Speaker 3: They were expired and recalled Oh yeah, textured probably, Yeah, the textured ones they were associated.
Speaker 1: They are associated with this called thing called AlCl, which is anaplastic large cell and foma, which is a weird kind of cancer they can cause, which is super super rare. But if you have the textured silicone implants, it's recommended that you take them out and switch them out for smooth.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I have them here, yeah, brought them.
Speaker 1: Oh you have them. They took them out, so they weren't intact if you have them, and I wonder if they have a rough surface to it.
Speaker 2: They do, since they do, Yes, that's what that's.
Speaker 1: Why they were recalled. So now now you have smooth ones and they're probably soft. They're just too big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're too big.
Speaker 3: And the surgeon that did it this time, and I waited so long, I got it done in twenty twenty one. He was so great, and I just felt like what he did say, what.
Speaker 2: Do you want? Do you want medium or profile?
Speaker 1: Correct? Low? Low media or high profile? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he said the ones you've always had.
Speaker 3: I mean at this point when I got the other ones taken out, they were expired recalled and the heart is a rock.
Speaker 1: Oh you were encapsulated.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, yes, And I have a bone thing.
Speaker 1: That this excav attom I have. It goes in or it goes out, it goes out. Oh that's pectus caronadum. No, wait, goes in right.
Speaker 3: So it looks like people are like, what's that gap between her boobs and I'm like, it's my bone thing.
Speaker 2: It's high here, but it goes in.
Speaker 3: Like even when I was five years old, it looked like i'd clean yes, yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: That's pectus escabottom yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So people shame me all the time, like look how bad our boob job is. And I'm like, guys, I have like a bone thing.
Speaker 1: It's genetic too, like yeah, people are so mean.
Speaker 3: But anyway, okay, so he put he he did say it's going to change. So the other ones were really high and stuck out. These are really flat but are wide, and I, ohfile, they're so heavy and when I fluctuate and wait like I was, I was sick with sinus stuff for like two months, so I you know, wasn't mobile as much as I usually am, and I you know, I gained I think twenty five pounds back and I was like, I like it everywhere else, but my boobs got it too, and then they got even bigger, and I'm just like, I'm miserable with them.
Speaker 1: So if they're soft, are they soft?
Speaker 2: Let me check?
Speaker 1: But I mean they're not hard like they were right.
Speaker 2: They're not hard, but they put that mesh bra.
Speaker 1: In okay, okay, good, So but I see the ripples, so did it work?
Speaker 2: Did it not work?
Speaker 3: And it doesn't hold me up the mesh bra huh?
Speaker 1: Well, I think you know clearly if they're too big you need to go small. The question is at some point, and you know you'll know, you measure. You compare the nipple height to the crease where your breast meets your abdomen, you know, the inframammary crease. If the nipples below it, which it probably isn't if it's below it at some point, here's the problem. If you want to downsize them a lot, it can make them more droopy. And at some point you downsize them too much, you have to get a lift. And the problem with a lift is the scars that go around and down, you know, and so you know the anchor scar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So that's why I didn't want to go too small or take them out. At the time, I wasn't comfortable. I was like, oh, it's going to be a big scarp. But is there an alternative or that.
Speaker 1: Is the scar. So unfortunately, we're still at the place where if downsizing them results in a lot of droopiness because of the loose skin. You know, you might have to do a lift unless you're willing to accept some through penis. It really depends on the degree of right.
Speaker 3: I mean, one of the reasons I got them done to begin with is there is a female friend that used to call me a ring and tang titties and it's stuck on.
Speaker 1: So sorry, wow, yeah, are you still friends? I hope not?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, all right, good friend to have, right, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Back on nine o two and oh so I yeah, I was like, oh my god. Yeah, because we're always kind of, you know, a little bit long and not droopy.
Speaker 1: Butlar tubular.
Speaker 2: That's really much better.
Speaker 1: I know, it's a tubular breast to for me, it's like a narrow bass and it doesn't Yeah, that's the that's the you know you're in doing it was the right thing because that's a really good cure for that deformity. It did it. But now you know, you're at a different stage of life. You need a little bit of weight and it's gone into your chest and you're bigger than you want to be. You know, it just depends. But the good news is maybe you can sort of meet in the middle. You can do a quick quick downsizing, but not too much, so you don't trade one problem for another. And you downsize them enough so you feel better about them being smaller, but they're not so droopy that you need to put the scars in the anchor lift. So maybe you can find a middle ground.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't know there was a middle ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there can't. Well, it depends, by the way. Just so you know, there's a new implant out that that FDA proved about a year and a half ago called motivam O T I v A, which has a really see the big problem with breast implants and it sounds like you suffered from it once. Is that the most common complications. The immune system decides I don't like them anymore and it puts scar tissue around and makes them really hard. Right, Okay, So this new implant, well it was been in Europe for a long time, but it wasn't AFT approved here. It finally went through the whole FT approval process and it finally yay, got FT approved. Is this motiv It has a very very low chance of hardening. So if you do it again, look into those motivas because you want to make sure because each time you have surgery, it's like, uh uh, we're going back in. Is my body gonna overreact? I hope not, you know what I mean. Yes, And so the motivas are really the way to go these days in my opinion. You know, my practice is primarily difficult, as you know, botched revisional plastic surgery. So my patients come in with rock hard breasts and sometimes the capsule is so thick it's literally bony. It's literally like an eggshell, and you take the implants out and on the table, they still stay and upright because of that eggshell in there. So I was really happy when this new implant came out and got EFTY approved. That has a really low chance of re encapsulation of getting hard. So that's a really good thing to know about.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited and I'm inspired to get them redone. My whole thing is always with raising kids, and my youngest just turned nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can't take that time.
Speaker 3: It feels like self indulgent or like it's an elective, you know, and it's like, well, I'm going to take that downtime to do something for myself when I'm you know, it takes away from the kids, But I mean it's at the point where they're so like And by the way, when I had them redone in twenty twenty one, I didn't say I wanted them bigger. I wanted them smaller. And he was like, no, no, no, they're not going to be bigger. It's just a different shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But then you gained a little bit of weight, right, that's what you just said. You gained a little weight and went to your breast. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So at the time I got them done, I was actually I still had my baby weight. I still had he was born twenty seventeen. I had gone into menopause, just started menopause.
Speaker 2: I couldn't lose weight, work out healthy.
Speaker 3: Diet, couldn't lose a pound And I was at one hundred at the time when I got them done, one hundred and like sixty pounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then when on hormone treatments, did do GLP won at the time, and I did. After the boobs, I got my body back, and then just recently I gained twenty five pounds and they're like bigger again.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe start before you consider surgery, try to do the you know these mon jarrows that bound is like the greatest thing ever. Maybe try to peel off that twenty five pounds and then reevaluate. That's the first place to start, you know.
Speaker 3: But I got to say I Everyone says, do you have any any fashion regrets that you would take back from the nineties, And I'm like, yeah, my my booboom plants, you know, because it healths a lot, like health wise aside and how great you can feel from them and all that. I feel like it really ruined fashion for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plastic surgery regret, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, I didn't know there's a term.
Speaker 1: Oh there is, by the way, I just did a TV shows. You can see it on Peacock now. It's called Plastic Surgery rewind where a bunch of celebrities moved into a house who had had a bunch of plastic surgery and they had to go through the psychological process to figure out do they want to reverse it.
Speaker 2: My friend Aubrey o'da was on the yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yeah, she's awesome by the way, right, yeah, so she was on the show. So you know, I reversed some of them, didn't reverse all of them. They had to go through a process with a therapist which is really important. But that's a big thing, plastic surgery regret, you know. And by the way, even Kylie Jenner, okay, who who did the lip thing and discussed like a year ago she had her breast done and a lot of people went crazy. She about two and a half years ago, she said she regretted doing her breasts. Yeah, she said that she was too young and she wished she didn't do it. But anyway, it's a thing. But I think that's why you want to make sure if you do plastic surgery, you're doing it not for necessarily just the you of today. You're doing it for you know. You like particular, you're sort of twenty eight and you're about to have a bunch of kids. Maybe think well, what's this, what's this going to be like after two kids? And maybe I'm a little heavier.
Speaker 3: Slip dresses have never been more popular right now, and I want to downsize.
Speaker 1: These, downsize them. It's easy, It's well nothing. I never, by the way, never say plastic surgery is easy because it can always go south, you know. Oh yeah, so just be careful. But anyway, so this was so fun. I loved it.
Speaker 2: Would would you do them? Me.
Speaker 1: I'll make a deal. I'll make a deal. You come into my office, okay, and for sure, I will give you a free consult and I will meet with you for reels, as my kids would say. And let's based on what we've already had a good console, based on what we talked about. Let's take a look at the position relative to the crease and the size and what kind of reduction you wanted up and we'll talk about the options. How's that step one?
Speaker 2: Fair enough?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And I'm not.
Speaker 3: Being greedy here, but I really would love your skincare as well.
Speaker 1: Oh, I will send you it. I will give it youlf. Well, you got to come over and hang with me. And hell that's right.
Speaker 2: Well I want to come in for a consultation, but.
Speaker 1: I would love to go to all right, so we'll do the whole Craigs Beverly Hills thing. All right, all right, fair das.
Speaker 2: Thank you for this.
Speaker 3: Do you like how today like my podcast is just like on social clips, like it's audible, but it's not visual audible audio, you know what I mean? I like how I wore a tiny tank top today though, in case you needed to assess my situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's let's do it in real life. A person with a female in a room with us.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, that sounds great.