Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys. This is Talking Cowboys, springing live.
Speaker 2: From the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star in Friscoe.
Speaker 4: Streak second, Puscot tixis and he paintsdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It's a Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Texas, in the SWBC studios.
Speaker 4: Glad you're with us as we preview the Cowboys and the Eagles coming up on Sunday, Week nine of the NFL season. We have John Matchoda, Nick Harris, Isaiah Standback, Rock in the fresh sweater, Chris Meame.
Speaker 3: In the back. I'm Kyle y Omen's gentleman. How are we doing today?
Speaker 5: How are you doing? Is the question?
Speaker 4: That's a great question. I'm glad you asked. I'm doing fantastic. Why because the Texas Rangers are world champions? Oh that sounds good to say.
Speaker 5: How about that? Holy cow? How about the Rangers?
Speaker 4: Took a while, took fifty two years in Texas sixty four years as a franchise.
Speaker 3: They got it done.
Speaker 6: Though it's unbelievable. It's uh, it doesn't feel real yet, doesn't feel real yet.
Speaker 4: No, it feels like a dream. I was telling in Isaiah this. Isaiah is a big Seattle Mariners fan. So of course we've always gone back and forth. I worked in the Mariners organization. But when I was done with my games in West Virginia, whenever I was calling minor league baseball, I would.
Speaker 3: Go home and on the drive home, drive home.
Speaker 4: I would tune into the Rangers games and listen to the end of whatever was happening. Because we were East Eastern Standard Time, I would turn it on Eric Madel, Matt Hicks, Jared Sandler, and I'd listen to the endo the Rangers game. And so I've kind of had my toe in both both camps previously.
Speaker 3: But I was always I was born.
Speaker 4: And raised a Rangers fan. I grew up a Rangers fan, die hard. I mean, if I had to rank the four teams as a child, of course, now and one pays the bills, so go Cowboys. But if I had to rank the four teams of my fandom, the Rangers would have been number one from the junk number one, Cowboys number two, and that was kind of it was jumbled from there, depending on if the stars or maps were good. But to see them finally get it done, it was surreal because it always felt like it was something you only saw on MLB the show. Yeah, you only saw in video games or in your wildest dreams. Especially as they lost one hundred and two games last or two years ago, lost ninety four games last year, you felt like they were moving in the right direction.
Speaker 3: You didn't realize that this was.
Speaker 4: The end result of a twenty twenty three season, and it brought up a lot of emotions. Brought up a lot of nostalgia of going to the ballpark as a kid and really forming the early love for sports with my parents and with my sister, and just being around the game as it was. Yeah, finally got it done last night, and it felt like the culmination of all those emotions. Got a little emotional last night. I was in Waco actually got to watch the final outs with my parents.
Speaker 3: Which was special, and we did it.
Speaker 4: We did it court side at the Feral Center because I had to call a volleyball game for Baylor and ou so I was court sided. After the game was over and we pulled it up on my iPad and just kind of went from there and watched the final outs.
Speaker 3: So really, it was a cool moment. It's a special moment.
Speaker 4: And then the whole way home tuned into our flagship one oh five to three the fan and just kind of listened to the celebration, kind of soaked it all in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think a lot of Razors fans share your sentiments and nostalgia for sure, just because of how close they came in twenty eleven. It was so bad that even when they were up five to nothing last night, everyone knew they were about to win. You get down to that final strike and you're like, oh my god, we can't do this again. So but no, it was really cool looking at the Twitter timeline for like, gosh, from like ten pm until one am last night, just everybody on there just you know, posting pictures of loved ones that may have passed. You know, my pops, he's passing twenty eleven. So being able to see that happen here in twenty twenty three, it was super cool. So yeah, it's why sports are special, and it kind of reminds you in times like these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my grandpa, same thing.
Speaker 4: He's a huge Cowboys fan, or it was a huge Cowboys fan, was a huge Rangers fan. He's passed since twenty eleven. He watched it with us in twenty eleven, so you know, he's smiling. My dad's dad still with us. Got to see it, yeah, last night, got to see the championship and that it's special both ways because it's like that weight's lifted off your shoulders. I know Cowboys fans will feel that way when they get back to that point, and that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, it could happened this year. You never know how sports goes.
Speaker 4: It could happen way down the line, who knows, but it'll feel very similar because of the weight that it has been.
Speaker 3: But it's still not fifty two years. And that's what the Rangers got rid of last night.
Speaker 7: It's pretty fascinating though, too, when you say it, when you mentioned the Cowboys thing there. I'm not a Rangers fan. I grew up in Detroit. I'm a Tigers fan. But from watching how this whole season is unfolded for him, it's like one of those if it was comparable to the Cowboys. It would be like twenty fourteen where you're just kind of like, where did this come from? Like how did this all of a sudden, Like, I mean, you just go to the end of the regular season. I don't think anybody was picking the Rangers to win the World Series, let alone go win eleven road games. I was telling him Beam when I got in here this morning about how if you would have told me that I couldn't watch any of it, but told me this was the result, I would have been like, oh, was there some way that like Jacob de Gram and Max Schuser both got healthy and they just were lights out throughout the playoff?
Speaker 1: None of that.
Speaker 7: And then the part that surprised me the most is how much of a spark Evan Carter was this whole thing, Just to think, like, what was it a month ago? He was playing down the road in Frisco and then and he gets put right into it, sound like they're like, yeah, go ahead, you're kind of hot right now, hit ninth through it. I mean they put him right in the middle of that lineup and played like you know, none of that phased him. Like there were just so many levels to it that it's surprising, like I could see it taking a lot of people like a while for it to actually set in, Like how everything just came together as quickly as it did.
Speaker 6: The Rangers having the parade in Arlington is very fitting and I think it's I think it's exactly where it needs to be because the ballpark was there, the old old ballpark was there, the new park. Of course, if the Cowboys win a Super Bowl, they got to do it in downtown Dallas, right, Like, this isn't going to be a trend where just everyone does it in Arlington.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: We were joking pre show that there would be three different stops. It would be Dallas, Arlington, and Frisco, and it'd be over the course of three days.
Speaker 3: It'd be like an acl weekend.
Speaker 4: Like you have a wristband and that's that's your way to get in, and it's just like a whole it's like a weekend festival of lights of Cowboys fans.
Speaker 3: It would be it would be too big to be able to put it in Arlington.
Speaker 1: There's no way that it would work out.
Speaker 4: But man, special times, I don't want to take up most of the show talking about the Texas Rangers.
Speaker 3: If you want to talk Texas Rangers. You can find me on.
Speaker 4: Twitter because I would love to talk about the World champions for the for ever because we can because they're World champs.
Speaker 6: Really quick, I think I'm coming down with the cold and I will not be here tomorrow. Just want to let you guys know because of the parade.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, You're not gonna be here tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Now I'm coming to do the show and then I am bouncing the I am. I will be here, but then I will be in Arlington. Which, by the way, if you're gonna go to the parade, hit us up. It'll be fun.
Speaker 3: Isaia, you want to go to the parade.
Speaker 5: I'm good, You're good. Yeah, I've been in the parade before.
Speaker 3: Yeah you have. That was not a slight.
Speaker 6: What's the best part about it other than, you know, the certain festivities, but.
Speaker 5: Parade, it's just everybody's sorry for me. It was it was the families. Yeah, yeah, like like all the families, like at least when we did our parade. When we did a parade, I say our, I guess back then with the Giants, the families had their own float like, they had their own they were on buses. It was pretty dope. So they got an opportunity to go through it, like they weren't subject to just wait until we got back. Like they were in a bus on and going through the parade as well. So that was pretty dog on dope.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: The wife was pregnant at the time, so that was kind of crazy. Wow. But you know, going through that with your teammates and be in on there and seeing all the literally millions of people, not thousands, it was millions of people on the streets. And for me, like the thing that always plays in my head is looking up and those those you know, freaking high tower buildings down there in New York and looking up and just seeing freaking paper people just literally just throwing paper. I wouldn't even confetti, it's just people just copy people just crap. Cracking their window open because you know, it only goes open so far. They're just like chucking pieces of paper down as far up as you can see, and you just look up and it's just like pouring down. It's freaking amazing. I think I have like on my old hard drive just in my safe somewhere, but it was it was dope, man.
Speaker 9: So y'all are in Manhattan, not New Jersey.
Speaker 3: No, so we're going down the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 5: We did the downtown, but then we once we finished the parade downtown, we got we all did the whole little presentation the Key to the City, so like I have the Key to the city and in my safe all that jazz. But then we bust back to the stadium and apparently the day before they had opened up the stadium and people are not open it up, but you know, a lot of people to start lining up. So when we got back to the stadium, we walked in like literally walked in like it was a game, right, smoke everything like that. We're walking out the tunnel in the stadium is flooded with people. I mean it is packed and Naughty by Nature's up there performing and they got the leather jackets on. Oh. It was freaking dope. It was freaking dope. It was so you want to talk about surreal, that was freaking surreal. You literally walk out with the smoke and you can hear the music playing and you you walk out of it and you come out of it and you just see nothing. But people just go, wow, chance, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that just went out over our.
Speaker 5: I would love for Dallas to experience that in my in my lifetime, that would be That'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: Same here, same here.
Speaker 4: That's the thing is I mean, I've I grew up a Rangers fan, but I've also never seen a Cowboys win either.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a Cowboys win a Super Bowl. That's why.
Speaker 4: And I think we've had this conversation previously whenever the frustrations of things come up along the way I wanted.
Speaker 3: To happen so bad. It's the same yearning that I had for this.
Speaker 4: But even now, since I work inside the building and i know these guys personally and I've been around this for a long.
Speaker 3: Time, maybe even more so than the yearning that I had for the Rangers.
Speaker 4: The Rangers they, like I said, it's more of a surprise than it was an expected thing.
Speaker 3: This Cowboys team has been really good.
Speaker 4: And I know a lot of people might dissect what I just said and said they've been really good and oh they haven't made it this far, that far or wherever it's been.
Speaker 3: Their roster has been good enough to make a run. They just haven't done it yet, and they may not do it.
Speaker 4: They might do it, who knows, But if that moment comes then all of a sudden, I think it would be one of the greatest sports moments in this city's history.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 6: I looked up last night and this kind of to your point, John, When you look at the end of the regular season for the Rangers and just kind of where they were.
Speaker 9: And then they end up winning the whole thing.
Speaker 6: You know, you kind of look at the Cowboys and you're like, Okay, they've had some bumps and bruises along this regular season so far, but really good opportunity to go into Philadelphia this weekend and come out with a win. There's a lot of confidence on the other side, not only with the championship celebrations that are happening here after a regular season that was I would say it's very similar to what the Cowboys have experienced so far. Yeah, some really bad stretches that make you look like the worst team in baseball.
Speaker 9: That great stretches, exact goals.
Speaker 3: In certain parts of the team that you need to fill for the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Like the bullpen, red zone exactly, I mean, bottom of the order.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 6: So, you know, maybe playoff time, these these guys are ready to go on the road and win four games.
Speaker 1: Maybe who's gonna be the fours for them?
Speaker 3: Oh, now that would be interesting.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 7: That would be has to be somebody that, like you, I don't know, Yeah, somebody can't even I can't even think of a comath hank nasty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that thing was. I don't even know how you hit that.
Speaker 6: It'd be like Jonathan Hankins if he got like three forced fumbles in the playoffs or something like that and like a pick six somehow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the decent players been around for a little bit, but.
Speaker 3: Not like a game changer and then he comes in.
Speaker 9: Or the Gallary like back to back of one hundred yard games.
Speaker 7: The Evan Carter comp is definitely would be Mazzie Smith. Yeah, where like the second half of the season, he just really takes his game to another level, fills in in a spot that they really need help in it at defensive tackle, that would be I would think that would be the closest.
Speaker 3: I guess defensive tackles are the only comparisons we have to the tech.
Speaker 9: We just want them to be hero so bad.
Speaker 3: Let's hit some news and notes.
Speaker 4: We're still running deep into the first segment, but news and notes. Outside of the Rangers being world champions, the Cowboys were back on the practice field yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they were, and it was the coldest practice that they've had so far in the twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 9: And practice report.
Speaker 6: You've got Tyrone Smith who did not practice as he's continuing to nurse his neck injury. And again I think we mentioned yesterday about how Jerry Jones has a little bit of confidence. They're still going into this week, but you get confidence last week, So still something to monitor as the week it's closer. J Ron Curse did not practice with a tow injury. That was something new that popped up on the injury report. And then Michael Gallop battling in illness, did not practice. And then if you guys recall Chumydoga going down in the I believe it was late in the third quarter, early in the fourth quarter, Chummidoga going down what looked like a scary injury initially just an ankle a low sprain, and he was limited yesterday. So good news on the Chuma Ydoga front in case Tyron Smith cannot go, but definitely both of those guys, I think that's going to be the highlight of the week and something you need to keep track of.
Speaker 4: Which one of those injuries concerns you the most? John, based off of it being on the injury report, does it start with Tyron or is it one of the others, like a jay Ron Curse another starter out.
Speaker 7: Well, with Tyron it's every week that's a factor. So I guess, yeah, that would be number one because of his importance. But yeah, jay Ron Curse didn't really expect him to be on there, so that was.
Speaker 1: Kind of interesting to see what he does today.
Speaker 7: That would be the one that when I got the email, that jumped out to me the most.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I would say, curse. Big toes don't really just go away. So if he is experiencing something with his big toe that is concerning enough to keep him out of practice and it's probably going to be bothering him even on game day whether he plays or not.
Speaker 4: I think the number one thing, it's got to be Tyrant Chumadoga being back and limited makes me feel better. I still want to see what awesome Richards can do up with the ones up with the starting offensive line, and there was lots of encouragement from him out of camp. There were lots of high praise for him out of camp, and he never really got a chance to run with the ones. It was mostly the twos and threes that he would rotate in with. So I'd like to see a little bit more awesome Richards. Maybe we'll get to see that through practice media won't, but from just a general standpoint, I'll see if we can talk to him today too, see if he can maybe.
Speaker 3: Find his way into that left tackle spot and just kind of fill in should Chuma Adoga not be able to go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 6: And also you're talking about Austin Richards correctly, right, Yes, Yeah, Austin Richards. I've been able to chop it up with him in the locker room a couple of times. He's a Philly native, so he's going to be going back to Philadelphia, hope, looking to get some family out there. So if he's able to touch the field, I know that'd be a big moment for him. Next news and note, Trayvon Diggs was in the locker room yesterday for the first time since he suffered his ACL tear last month. He also had surgery on that knee last week, and he was just able to talk. She talked for about six or seven minutes. It gave us some good stuff, just Howie's handling it physically, mentally, and he looks like he's in a good spot.
Speaker 9: He said.
Speaker 6: He's been able to pick up some new hobbies and he's been able to, you know, bond more with his son. He's been able to watch a lot of football. He's like, I feel like I haven't watched as much football since I've been in the league. The quote that really stood out. Everything happens for a reason. Just got to roll with the punches. It's all on God's plan. Just got to get healthy, come back stronger and faster. He said, I'm not worried about overcoming this injury. It's twenty twenty three. There's a lot of new technology that's going to help me get back. I'm not worried about it. Courtesy of our Jama showed it to my right on the tweet.
Speaker 9: But yeah, it looked like he was in good spirits.
Speaker 6: He also mentioned how Jordan Lewis was one of the first people he had reached out to whenever he had the injury or reached out to him vice versa. And you know Jordan Lewis, it took him thirteen months to get back on the field and get ready, and just that mental aspect. I think that's a big part of the injuries like this, So it looks like he's battling that directly so far, and fortunately or unfortunately wiser way you want to look at it. There's a lot of guys who have had a seal tears on this team, so there's gonna be a lot of support on his back.
Speaker 5: Isaya.
Speaker 4: You've always talked about it, just whenever you went through your injuries and you were out for a significant amount of time, you needed that support to get through it. It seems like Diggs is getting that support.
Speaker 5: Yeah, community is everything, as he mentioned, you know, the physical aspect that's going to that's going to heal.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: There's a plenty of plenty of doctors, trainers, therapists, technology, all that stuff is going to help you get back physically. But the mental aspect and feeling like you're not isolated, even as high profile of a player as he is, you still feel lonely. You know, you still feel like nobody's paying attention to you, nobody cares about you, and you know you mentioned it, it's his first time back in the locker room. That's that's a while not being in the locker room, you know, you this time of the year, it's like it's like waking up and your wife not being in but it's like, hey, what the what the heck? Like where where you're at? You know, So like going into the locker room, I know that meant a lot to him. Having your teammates actually reach out to you. If that was the case, that means a lot to you because you're not you're not dealing with this by yourself anymore, and you're not invisible, so you know, shout out to all his teammates are going to be out there continue to support him. Unfortunately, there's a lot of guys that are in his same boat obviously on this roster right now, so he has that community, but that community is not the same as you know, the guys are on the field. You still want you still want to be around your bros.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was surprised to see him in there, and I do think that's a good sign because of Jordan Lewis dealt with some of that. It feels, or it sounds like from what he had said about you know, you just kind of go to a dark place when all of a sudden you're not around everybody. And it really meant a lot to him that coaches and players reached out to him, so we wanted to make sure he was doing that same thing. It sounds like for Trayvon Diggs, and Diggs was that the game. And I believe in La he said he's not going to this one in Philly. But it just I think it's a good thing to have a guy, any guy that's on the team, still be around the team after they get hurt. So often you see, like I know, especially in the NBA, like a guy has a season ending injury, you barely never see that guy that much to even sitting on the bench and that. So yeah, I think it's good for him to be in there. And he brings up a good point. I mean, it's twenty twenty three, he's at twenty twenty four, but the advancements in medical technology, it's not like that this is, oh well, you're never going to be back to being a good player in the NFL, you know. I mean, he's as long as he stays on the right track and that I mean, he should still have a very productive you know NFL career.
Speaker 4: It's interesting that added human element that gets added into it with these injuries, because a lot of times it's like, oh, next man up, up, this guy's out, got to get him out of the equation. But there is a human element side to it, and there always will be with.
Speaker 3: This game, and with Trayvon specifically, he was trending in the right direction. We talked about the injury.
Speaker 9: When it happened, this.
Speaker 3: Defense was elite to it.
Speaker 4: It was off to a historic start. Since then, it's been rocky, and missing Diggs was a big part of that. So the fact that he is still remaining plugged in, and I'm sure the guys in the locker room that are still playing probably appreciated just as much as Trevon Diggs appreciates guys reaching out.
Speaker 3: I think him being in the locker.
Speaker 4: Room probably helps the mindset of these guys going into a game like Philadelphia, where they know that they've still got teammates that have their backs, including Trayvon Diggs, who's no longer on the field, but certainly has the size, same sort of production, same sort of emphasis for his teammates around him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, for sure. And last Knows News and note here knows and Newton.
Speaker 6: Speaking of going back to Philly, Michael Parsons, Harrisburg native, going back to Philadelphia, looking forward to the game, He's definitely circled this one every year. But this is something we kind of talked about yesterday and previewing the Cowboys defense against the Philly offense, he said that we got to rush our butts off. Most games are one up front for us to win this game, we got to one up front, and I think there's a lot of truth in that.
Speaker 9: I think that's where this game starts.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you agree you got to get after it right Fellas, Yeah, I think there's no way you win this game if you're not uberly aggressive. And I mean, yes, you're gonna have to make the right reads. But you can't play this game on your heels. It's not how it can not how it happens. All right, Crazy, we're heading. We're heading into our first segment. When we come back, it's time for QB Vision, first first break, not first segment, and whatever. I'm the world champions, long night, that's fine, It's whatever. I can say what I want.
Speaker 3: Rangers won it all Trump Champagne. When we come back, we will hit QB vision.
Speaker 4: It's time to preview the Dallas offense versus the Philadelphia defense. What is Isaiah Standback have in store from his scouting report when we come back with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 12: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles pera. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatable planing device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash fig for you for details.
Speaker 14: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles Expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 8: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking.
Speaker 3: Now staying on top of his finance. This is with his virtual financial Assistant Erica.
Speaker 8: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't stop banking every tay.
Speaker 4: It is only available in the English language. You mut download the latest version of the Mobile bank app, only available on select mobile devices. Message dat raate MA apply number fdicy.
Speaker 11: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor pepper. Sheila, Let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 10: Would you, Dear Doctor, My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 3: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being.
Speaker 12: The shoulder to cry out?
Speaker 11: Okay, this one's easy. I say give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do now, just to remind her that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 3: Better to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This portion of the show's brought to you by a Quaker Oats, a super trusted superfood Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: What you were just finishing off your Quaker Oaths there as you were saying, no, I'm just.
Speaker 4: I'm not even gonna talk Talking Cowboys, presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys as well. Before this show goes off the rails, let's get into.
Speaker 3: Some why Eddie, Why Eddie put up?
Speaker 2: It's time for QB vision with Isaiah's standback.
Speaker 3: This is a big one. This is uh.
Speaker 4: This is probably the biggest matchup matchup of the year. Offensively to this defense, what you got in store for us today.
Speaker 5: Well, I can tell you guys some things that you guys probably already know, also bring up a couple of things that you may need to pay more attention to.
Speaker 3: But so write it down, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got my notes open on my phone.
Speaker 5: Let's go, all right. The reality is this defense is solid, right, there's no secret. Not tell you anything that you don't know in regards to they know that. However, they were exposed a little bit last week. And shout out to Eric Bing and me and the Washington commanders for putting some things on tape that really might have opened up the window. You know, I'm always using Friday references. You just like the window open with d Bow, He's gonna he's gonna lift that thing open. So I'm hoping that Coach McCarthy saw some things that he can now expose with this defense. And some of it's at the blueprint. It might have been the blueprint might have been at vic Vangil. So I think, I think so, I truly do believe so.
Speaker 3: Only the real talking cowboys ogs remember that exactly.
Speaker 5: So let's let's get into it. Coverage wise, what can you really expect out of these guys, they're a single high team. These guys don't like playing two safeties. It's not even two high safeties. It's not their thing. They're near the bottom of the league I think the twenty first summer around there in terms of being playing split safeties all right, meaning that they're they'll start out with two safeties up top, and then they do a really good job of delaying right before the snap or even after the snap in terms of which safety is going to roll down into a single high coverage. They want to get down a single high. They want to play man to man coverage. They want to be in nickel. They are in nickel, meaning the five dbs. They're in that eighty percent at the time, eighty percent at the time. So you think about a team that's playing nickel, you have to take Dallas out of it. Dallas doesn't play a ton of nickel. Dallas is actually number one in the league for dime. I mean that they play six because of the safety situation and they have a good rushing defensive front. These guys feel confident playing nickel with five dbs on the field. That's not necessarily their scheme. Their scheme is their front, their front seven though that's their scheme. They feel super confident with the guys that they have on the front defensive line, much like Dallas does, but it's different. Dallas feels confident with their pass rushers versus these guys feel confident with their past rushers and their rush defense interior defense alignment, and it allows for them to play eighty percent Nickel allows for them to also play primarily man. These guys want to play man coverage. They neared the whole game if they could. But a lot of times they'll still almost say the other word. They'll still mess around with you in terms of you know what's gonna say. They'll still mess around with you in terms of needing to identify what the actual coverage is. Even though they want to play man, they'll still roll in three. They'll still roll in four. They'll still roll in When they don't really play a straight two, they'll usually play a Cover six, meaning they'll play Cover four to one side and roll coverage to Cover two, usually down to the boundary. Okay, so they'll roll the corner down, roll the safety over the top, usually to the boundary to play Cover four off in the on the field side. So when you look at it from that perspective, you can kind of put them in the category in certain downs usually right third down, third and long situations as the Rams as the chargers, because the Rams and the Charges play played primarily cover four and we've seen how productive that was versus those coverages. So I don't see that happening a ton. But when you find yourself in those down the distances, if you do see road coverage on one side, most of the time, if you go to the field side, you're going to get that cover for your guys should be open the way in which they have been the past few games. But man coverage, what issues does that present? Well? In the West Coast offense, we've seen that provide present some issues in terms of getting off the line of scrimmage, in terms of creating space. That's when these condensed sets, that's when motions, that's when shifts, all these things really come into play. Getting guys off of you. As we like to say, like if I come up to the line of scrimmage and Jam walks up on me right now, okay, I want to go put myself even in like a little short, little return motion right like I'm going to the center, come right back right now. Guess what you've had to back up? Right, you have to back up, and that gives me the space I need to now run my slants, run my outs, my ends, whatever else that they want to run this particular type of offense. So that's something that can help them. They are a base for three defense, that's what they are. They are are four to three at heart, and they can be a four to three because they have a pluth threa of guys. They have more defensi alignment than you can ever imagine. We talked about that this week obviously with some of the moves that ever made in the NFL. However, I feel as if they are most dangerous when they're in a three to four. They run a four to three base, meaning four defensive lignment. Three linebackers are okay, or if they're running two linebackers and running an extra dB in there, however they want to facilitate it. But I feel that they're most dangerous when they are in their three to four. And the reason why I say that is these guys are at the top of the league in terms of pressures one hundred and thirty five pressures through eight games. That is insane. I think that's an average of holmost seventeen pressures per game on a quarterback. That's the bad news. The good news is Dak Prescott has completed seventy percent of his passes versus pressure. Nice, So we'll take that all day long.
Speaker 3: That's a win.
Speaker 5: That's a hell hob boys. Yeah, everybody. Okay, so pressure if you want to, but their pressure isn't coming in the form of blitzer, so sorry. So they're they're not exposing themselves to typical openings in their defense because of the pressure that they're listening right, So they're not blitzing to create the pressure. They're using their front guys to create the pressure. And who are those front guys? I don't like that as much either. You know, when they go down to their four four down linemen, it's it's whoever they want to rotate in there. But when they go down to their three, they're three down or three down linemen and four linebackers quote unquote, they're putting their big fellas in there. And the reason why I don't like that is because they're putting their nose tackle. Who is big Jordan Davis. They're putting him iold on the center.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 5: That's not fun. I don't like that at all. Actually, Okay, Jordan Davis on Tyler Biadas one on one. So when you see a three to four, freaking hold onto your seats because you literally have three hundred and forty five pounds lined up over Tyler Biadas, who is typically considered to be lighting the butt and he's really strong. Okay, now who's next to him? All right? Well now next to Big Davis. Okay, not a the one shade, not into two or three, right, these guys gonna be in the five shade. Mean, they're gonna be just outside the guards. Okay, So they're gonna really try to try to force you to double team them with your guard and your tackle. They're gonna split the guard into the tackle. So Big Davis is manned up on the center, they're gonna put who are gonna put in there? They're gonna put Yeah, they're gonna put Hassan Well no, not Hassan. Reddicks is gonna be standing up. They got they have Yeah, they got Jalen Carter and Fletcher.
Speaker 3: Cox, Milton Williams, Pride of Louisiana Tech. Also yeah.
Speaker 5: So but you got big Jordan Davis or your center. Okay, you got Jalen Carter in between your garden and your tackle, and you have Fletcher Cox in between your guard and your tackle.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a lot of strength.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of grown man and a lot of strength right there. Okay, that's not let me just give a quick up there. All right.
Speaker 7: So from the injury porto of today, Jaalen Carter dealing with the back issue, but he was full even though they did a walk through. This is simulated on what he would have been. Jordan Davis was limited hamstring.
Speaker 5: Sorry there go, I appreciate that. Thank you. Uh So, listen, this is barring all injuries. Right. If these guys are healthy four to three, I think that you can expose their four three I think you can run all over them. To be honest with you, wow, I think that it allows for you to get your double teams. It allows for you because their defensive ends like to stay so wide in the four to three that you can keep them out with your tackles in your in your tight ends. Just push those the defensive ends out and then you have those combo blocks on the inside with your center and your guard and your guard in your uh in your tackle. Okay. So you can do combo blocks all day long versus their four three, but when they go three four, you can't. You can't double team because your center can't get off the ball. Big Davis, Big Jordan David, he's literally pushing you back. Not only as big, he's strong as all get out, so he's going to force you into the backfield. If not have a have a stalemate at the line of scrimmage, so you can't work up to the next level. Now, your guards and your tackles have to respect the fact that Jalen Carter and Fletcher Cox are split in the difference between them. Oh and then by them, by the way, you have Josh Wett and Hassan Reddick that are gonna be coming from the outside. So if you if you respect their defensive ends, which you have to because their defensive ends are doing dog on good this year. Kady got what five and a half, six and a half sacks, whatever might be, then you're isolating your tackles, right, So now your tackles will isolate it with the defensive ends. Okay, who are standing up? Okay, and this three to four Okay, your guards and your your your guards are now working with who Jayalen Carter and Fletcher Cocks, and your center is isoled up with George Jordan Davis. So your three interior linemen are now isoled right, and when they have their defensive end standing up, now your tackles or your tight ends are isold. I don't like that.
Speaker 4: It's like five on five, and it's five on five and I and I five.
Speaker 3: Chances for something to go wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I just don't like that. I really don't like it because it doesn't allow for you to have ever have the advantage of having your combo blocks. Combo blocks meaning that double teams. Okay, we want to block you, Nick, So Kyle and I gonna get shoulder to shoulder. We're gonna get our pass underneath you. We're gonna move you off the ball. Yeah, I figured, Okay, when you're in when they're in that three four, which they don't run too often, but I can foresee them doing that. You can't. It's very difficult to run the ball. I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 7: Can Oh, you don't think the Cowboys un games gonna get on track against this team.
Speaker 5: I think I think the Cowboys run game has been effective. They're just not doing it enough.
Speaker 1: I would be stunned if they get going against.
Speaker 5: I agree. I don't feel as if they're going to get going against. But guess what if they do if they come in so that's the three four. If they come out in their base four to three like they've been showing on film that they that they like, they go to I think that you can move these guys off the ball.
Speaker 3: So does that turn it into is that blocking schemes?
Speaker 11: Yees?
Speaker 5: Yet?
Speaker 4: So that's when you leave one of those guys on the backside, you gotta run away from you.
Speaker 5: You do not let me, let me not do not. So low shots, do not run between the guard and the center. Don't those three holes are not for you. Okay, the holes zero, one and two or not for you. Go outside. You have to go outside and run away from these guys. That's one thing that Washington commanders put on film this past week. They stretch these guys out. They made these big fellows get up and move, and it got them out of those out of that three four. It forced them to get back into a four to three because now they need it to be able to stretch the line of scrimmage. Right when you're in that three four, you can attack the outsides. Okay, you can make these guys move, so they go to a four to three and they just align there. Okay. But what happens when they're in a four to three. It gives you the advantage because you can now do what you have your double teams. Yeah, okay, and you can work your double teams and allows for your receiver. You need a receiver. I don't know who it is to come in there and hit the dog on safety because their safety. They have a new safety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his name's Kevin Byard.
Speaker 5: Kevin Byard.
Speaker 6: You got a quick question about this new safety being his second game with the team. How how quick do you think he picks up everything?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it automatic as a safety or is it a couple of weeks learn the system, then you'll have it down or is it like, man, let's just try to be done by week twelve.
Speaker 5: I can't speak to what they're how complicated their system is, but what I'm seeing on film, I don't know what their responsibilities are as safeties in terms of how much they're commanding what's going on up front and all that jazz, but they're running base coverages. They're just doing a great job at discus. Now, you know, primarily they want to get to man coverage. So as you know, as as as he wants to get involved, I can see him wanting to get involved in the box, right And if he wants to get involved in the box, you're going to need a receiver who wants to get in there and get physical if you want to establish his running game. Otherwise he will disrupt everything. Even if you take care of all your responsibilities up front with the front, the front five, okay, and the second level, if you don't have a receiver who is willing to get in there and get physical and knock him off. And I'm talking about ear hol him. Okay, I'm not talking about trying to injure the guy, but I'm talking about old school football right here. Okay, we called it ear hole. Okay, he's coming downhill. The only thing you see is his ear hole. You try to put him on his butt. Okay. You have to have a guy that has that intensity that wants to do that. Otherwise you cannot have your splash plays. Because that's the whole reason why they brought him in here was to be a disruptor and shut down ability to run. So three four no boino, Okay, four to three. You can run the ball, Okay, man coverage, you have to get off the ball. You have to off the ball. Continue to move these guys around on the line of scrimmage. Continue to move Cavante Turpin. We saw that versus man coverage. Okay, when we saw him come in motion, we saw Ceedee Lamb. Over the past few games, he's been coming in motion and getting free, even just coming across the formation. Nothing crazy. It creates leverage issues for them. I foresee that. Being all positive, I say all this to say this is a team that as good as they are personnel wise, defensively, they can be exposed. They can really be exposed defensively if you get them moving laterally, If you get them moving laterally, you can expose these guys because they're not great in coverage, even though they have some some good defensive backs. They got James Bradberry, they have Darius Slay, they have guys that are really good at man and man coverage. But if you get the if you get moving out the pocket, if you get this line of scrimmage. Moving, then you're a threat to everything else that they want to do. They want to line up and just come downhill. That's their game plan if they in a perfect world. We got our big fellaws against your fellas, and we're bigger and stronger than you. Straight up bullet, straight bully ball. Right. They're not gonna blitz a whole bunch. They'll do it every so often. Whenever they do blitz is usually a nickel blitz. Okay, they'll bring somebody from the secondary, but then that exposes them in terms of getting to you know, you can get the ball out and do hot routes. I'm not sure if they're running hot routes and this particular offense, meaning that when a blitz shows you cut your route off and you get the ball right now. Okay, I'm not sure if they have that in there, but put it in. It's not difficult. And when they do decide to blitz, make them pay for it. They can go back to their base defense and run the ball. I know that sounds crazy. I know that sounds crazy against these guys, but you have to stretch these guys out and you have to get them running. If you get these boys with their hands on their hips and they're huffing and puffing.
Speaker 4: You got them. There are a couple questions I have. I know y'all probably have some questions as well. When we come back, I'm just gonna say these two words. I'm gonna see your reaction to.
Speaker 3: It screen game. Not much of a reaction. We'll talk about that when we come back here.
Speaker 10: On Talking Cowboys, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 14: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list?
Speaker 3: Forever?
Speaker 14: Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule, Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 3: Plus.
Speaker 4: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 12: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah. That can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five gs. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details. To Fucking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This segment has brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in to a Thursday edition.
Speaker 4: We just got to hear from Isaiah Standback and QB Vision here over the last couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Now I mentioned screen game going into the break.
Speaker 4: Correct, You're talking about getting the numbers, getting outside, going to the sideline, using the flats and trying to stretch these guys out. Is it going to be fruitful for this Cowboys offense or would it be fruitful for them to maybe try and get that screen game going.
Speaker 3: We talked about it a couple times on this show. Is this a week where you can maybe look to pull that off?
Speaker 5: I would say no, okay, collective.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 5: The reason why I say no is because this is a press man team, meaning that these guys are going to be in the face of your receivers. So it's going to be a very long block for your receivers depending on a type of screen that you're facilitating, and they increases the probability of a them getting off the black and be you getting a holding call. The second reason why I would say no is because these guys are not pass rushers in that sense. They have reddache, right, they have sweat. Those guys that are stand up in primarily order hit got their hand in the ground in four to three those guys will get upfield. But their interior guys are two gap guys like Davis Jalen Carter, Fletcher Cox are going to put two hands on you, grab your chest, your your chest pats, and drive you back two to three yards. That's what they want to do. And if you're if they're engaged with you in blocking, it's very hard to shed a three hundred and thirty plus pound man and just chuck them out the way as if he's a piece of paper. Right. Usually you want to run screen games for teams like Dallas that are uberly aggressive. Everybody in front is big fast. I mean, if that's fast, they want to get up the field really really quickly. So you catch them slipping right, use their aggressiveness against them. That isn't this team. They create pressures by bull rush, that's how they do it. They grab you and they just push you back. We're bigger than you were, strong to you. So it's not the team because your guys can't get off the black right. If they're engaged with a guy, they can't shed them. It's very difficult to shed that guy and then get your lineman up to the next level to start trying to get out and block. So I would say no unless you're running receiver screens and you can catch these guys in a too high shell pre snap. You know, like I said a lot of times, you'd like to rotate, but again, you're going to need your receivers to have the best blocking game of their life. I mean, you're asking a lot of these guys. I don't foresee. I don't see anybody on this roster that you would crown that's our guy to go out there and block. Like when I was in New England, I wasn't the guy that was expected to be the conversion guy for the big play, right. I wasn't the Michael Gallup to make the big catch and get the first time like I was. My primary role was I was a big receiver on the team and we're gonna run the screen game all day along with West rud Walker, and I don't care who's out there. I'm bigger and stronger than them. I'm gonna pick those guys up and movement out the way. That was a confidence that the team had. So that was my role, right. I was that guy and I was a clear out guy for Randy Wass. Those are my two roles, right, So I don't see anybody who has that particular role on this offense. Last year you had no Brown, the past few years you had no Brown. That was the guy that you crown and say, Hey, come in this short motion and go knock the heck out of that dog on safety. Hey come in short motion and block this defensive in We just need you to hold him for a couple of seconds. Or Hey, we're going in there and lock up on the receiver on these defensive backs so we can get this this bubble screen going they don't have that guy, the least we haven't seen it on film.
Speaker 7: And at what point did you go to Belichick and go, Bill, it's my time to.
Speaker 5: Eat Noah never never, Hey know you're wrong, You shut your mouth and know you're wrong.
Speaker 7: I was gonna ask you about the Dak thing is that you know he had talked after the game the other night about how he didn't run as much against San Francisco, And after that game he looked back and I thought, maybe I need to use when I say, run out on me necessarily to get gain yards, but to buy time get outside the pocket. And he's done that the last two games. How important you think that will vary this game?
Speaker 5: Very because these guys don't want to run. If you can find a way to get in the way of Hassan Reddick and get in the way of Joshuat, you have a chance right to get outside the pocket. The reason why I don't like the three four to the three four bottles everything up. These guys are so wide they're standing up and they can see everything. I can stand up, I see everything, and I keep everything inside. So as I come downhill towards the quarterback, I'm literally constricting the quarterback pocket. When they're in that four and then you talk about the inside pressure, those guys are getting moved backwards or stale mating. There's just nowhere to go, right. It's literally like you're getting suffocated when they're in that four to three. I think you can get the edge. I think you can take Ferguson and bring him in motion and seal the edge and now get back out on the go. That's what you want to see. You start getting some rep routes. You have to be in condensed sets. You have to be in bunch sets. We're gonna show some things in film room where these guys get exposed because because they're playing so much, man, you have to make it hard for them to allocate who has who. And if you're just lining up like we saw in the first four, first five six games of the season, if you're just lining up and you're saying, okay, all right, we know you're a man, stick me, you're not giving yourself the best advantage. Okay, if you put some things in motion. Now, guess what, Okay, I got you? No, no, no, you got him, you got him? Okay, in and out you're confusing them you have to do that, and I think if you can get on the edge and bring your splits down, bring your motions down, you can cause enough confusion you can get some guys out open. I do think they can be exposed in that regard, but you have to do that on a consistent basis, and you still have to be able to run a ball.
Speaker 3: There's a lot that goes into this matchup. There's a lot.
Speaker 4: You honestly made me feel a little bit better about this matchup because I'm watching film and I'm seeing a lot of things. You're talking about the strength of the interior, the way that these guys run to the football. I mean, they swarm the ball. There's times when they're six or seven jerseys at the ball. And then of course you look at the names in the secondary. I saw something similar of where they can get separation. Dallas could find separation because Washington founded because some of these other teams at Philadelphia, despite winning or losing, they found separation. The Jets had plenty of it early in the year. This secondary has a chance to be exposed, and that's where I feel like Dallas has struggled the most through the first five weeks.
Speaker 3: But then these last couple of weeks have started to figure it out a little bit better.
Speaker 4: So maybe if they can continue moving in the right direction, they have a shot on Sunday. Because going into this week, I just knowing Philadelphia and knowing the roster that's at hand, I didn't see much of a shot.
Speaker 3: Now I'm starting to see there's.
Speaker 5: Some spots here, there's an opportunity.
Speaker 3: There's kinks in the oma there all the way through.
Speaker 5: But you have you need to get out the pocket to do them. Got to get it.
Speaker 4: But they've done that the last time very much so. Dallas did it against both of the LA team.
Speaker 5: These guys are aggressive so much like Dallas is aggressive in the front seven, and teams want to take advantage of how aggressive Michael Parsons is and d Law and everybody else else a digizua. That aggressiveness is the same for for the Eagles, but it's in the secondary. Yeah, And these guys want to be the guy to make the play. They want to come up. There's plays that are on film from last week, specifically where there was a whack play action in a backfield, you have a safety in a corner that are literally twenty yards away from the line of scrimmage and they're still looking at the back and feel like can I do something about it? And guys are running right by them, you know, so like they're nosy, right, They are very nosy, and they get their eyes stuck in places that they shouldn't be. The only difference is when they make those mistakes, you have to make them pay for it. If you miss out on those opportunities, you will kick yourself the next day because you probably won't have the result that you want.
Speaker 6: Quick question you had mentioned in the last segment about how you know, utilizing the motion that they found last week, it'll probably be quite a bit of success and to the audience. Thirty three times they use motion in the first six games, eighteen times in week seven, do you look at the game that they had against Miami and the success that they had defensively and maybe give a little bit of pause to the motion just because Miami they're motioning on eighty something percent of plays and they only score ten points offensively in that game.
Speaker 9: Do you do have a little bit of pause looking at that?
Speaker 5: No, I don't, because Miami missed out a lot of opportunities. They really did Miami missed on a ton It was that.
Speaker 9: The biggest catalyst there.
Speaker 5: It's not executing. I think they just didn't execute. I think Tyreek Hill dropped at least two touchdowns that I remember that on that So it was less how effective Philly was and more so on the fact that Miami just missed on some big opportunities. That's not to discourage anybody that's listening, but I'm just telling the truth, Like there was some places in there that would have really blown that game open that we're missed. And that's what I'm saying. If you miss on those opportunities, you would kick yourself because they don't come around a lot. The Uh.
Speaker 4: Of course tomorrow say it with Chest Friday, right, we'll be making our picks.
Speaker 3: I want to start doing this. We haven't done this yet, but I.
Speaker 4: Want to at least have John pick the Cowboys game on the air here on Thursdays.
Speaker 3: So, especially with it being a big week spot, it.
Speaker 1: Is kind of on the spot waivered on this at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who are you picking for for Sunday's matchup?
Speaker 1: And why oh, I'm picking the Eagles.
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 1: I just don't see the throw.
Speaker 7: I don't see the Cowboys doing enough in the run game to be able to win this game.
Speaker 1: It's gonna I will say.
Speaker 7: I will say that if the Cowboys are to win this game and I don't get to watch it, I would say that there would be a chance that my belief would be that they cause Jalen Hurts to turn the ball over, whether it be fumbling, throwing interceptions. I do think that that's on the table for them. But if he takes care of the football, basically my biggest takeway, I'll say this, I think Jalen Hurts just has to play solid for the Eagles to win. I think Dak Prescott has to be great for the Cowboys to win, and so and it's possible. I mean, heck, I mean it's a three point spread. It's not like this is something like I don't know how they're gonna do it, like they obviously ken their rivals like, But since the schedule came out and the way the season's unfolded, the way the Cowboys play at home, the way the Cowboys play on the road, nothing's changed for me.
Speaker 1: I think I think the Eagles win this game.
Speaker 7: I'll say twenty seven to twenty four, But I think Cowboys win when they come to AT and D Stadium.
Speaker 5: Just fun factor, real quick. Okay, when Jalen Hurts is under pressure, Okay, not like that. Dak throws seventy percent completion, throws really good high touchdown probably there. When Jalen Hurts is under pressure, he throws fifty three percent completion, has six touchdowns, five interceptions.
Speaker 1: There's your key.
Speaker 3: Put pressure on that man.
Speaker 5: He doesn't like it this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, certainly.
Speaker 4: The more this week has gone on, the more confident I feel about this matchup, which is dangerous.
Speaker 5: That's what we study, baby, and that's why you hit the film.
Speaker 4: The more I mean, on paper, going into Monday, it was like, Okay, got a big win and they needed it.
Speaker 3: It got a big time winning against the Rams because man, Philadelphia is coming up.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be tough. I'll make my official pick tomorrow. But the more this week goes on, the more I am confident that the Cowboys are gonna have a chance of winning this game. They've got to execute, and honestly, I love the way you put that. Jalen Hurts has to play well. Dak Prescott has to play out of his mind, even if it's not out of his mind at least great too.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: I think he just has to stand that.
Speaker 7: I'm where he's at right now, like these last two games, so it spend ratcheted up, and he has to go another level for them to win this game on the road, hostile environment, best team in the NFL, probably the most talented roster in the NFL. Yeah, I mean, and he's played well against the Eagles in the past. It's not like he's going to go into that stadium and be nervous like, oh, I don't know what we're getting ourselves into. He knows, but he's gonna have to.
Speaker 4: He has to play great, yeah, against this defense that Isaiah just explain.
Speaker 7: And also, I really feel like they have to get out to a lead early if they're going to win this game. I don't think they can fall behind and then play catch up. I just I don't think that will happen.
Speaker 4: They're ze to two having to play catch up. They haven't had to come from behind wins, not the offenses yet, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think they've trailed in a game that they've won. Think. I mean, I'm thinking, I mean, other than maybe like a one s.
Speaker 5: Early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like, other than that, like a first drive deal, that might be the only time they trailed in a win.
Speaker 1: Other factor with me too, is that this will be the toughest road environment.
Speaker 6: They playing, Yes with Buffalo all season. Okay, well yeah, factor in the rivalry for sure.
Speaker 4: For alredy J on the text line said, good job Isaiah explaining the Eagles defense against the Cowboys offense.
Speaker 3: Well done, Appreciate the insight.
Speaker 1: It is always good stuff.
Speaker 7: I'm not just saying that because I'm on the show with you, Like it is very very good stuff. Like and to be honest with you, I don't think that there's enough of that in the league altogether, especially nationally. A lot of stuff you get a lot of hot take like headline stuff, you don't get allowed that behind the scenes. Hey, this is why this team's doing, this is why this is working.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it is always great stuff.
Speaker 5: Sure, very nice.
Speaker 3: I just agree we need some kind of debate on this show. No debate.
Speaker 4: It's a big time matchup this week Cowboys Philadelphia coming up at three PO twenty five on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Also, no debate.
Speaker 4: The Texas Rangers are world champions. I'm excited was Texas Rangers. You're excited, that's my excited.
Speaker 9: I'm a still drunk on champagne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just wait until tomorrow. Out of the parade, I'm gonna be drunk on a lot more things.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go, Chris being in the back, Isaiah stand back, John Matchoda, Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeomen saying so long from.
Speaker 5: Talk to Cowboys.
Speaker 3: We'll see you tomorrow for more.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs.
Speaker 10: How was your jovel here?