Speaker 1: Second date update date.
Speaker 2: You know, in all the years that we've done this segment, we've had a few listeners call up saying, I know that we only hung out once, but I'm pretty sure they're the one.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: We've had other people say I am ready to marry this person right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a red flag on the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, But rarely do we have people email and tell us I want a date even though I'm not one hundred percent sure I really want to go out with them again.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I mean even if they don't tell us, most of them are thinking.
Speaker 2: That, you know, sure, but it's a little bit confusing to me. So we're just going to get the listener on the phone who said that to us today. Her name is Ari. Welcome to the show. You do realize this is second date update and not second date.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see how I feel.
Speaker 5: About the end of the call, right Hi, Yes, I do understand.
Speaker 3: Okay, your community, I mean, are we just calling this person because they rejected you. Let's be honest for a second.
Speaker 5: No, it's not even like this, like I like this guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, tell us a little bit about him. What's his name? How'd you meet?
Speaker 5: So his name is Victor. I met him online and he really looked so nice. He had a really nice beard.
Speaker 3: I love a good beard. It's just Jeff looking at you.
Speaker 1: Of course she brought it up because I know the winks were a little bit aggressive. But that's okay, okay, God, anyway, so uncomfortable. Clearly you're not alone? Are so good? Beard stuck out to you?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it was really nice. So we went on three days.
Speaker 3: Three second and there's a fourth date update actually today.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, well listen, the first two they went really will Okay, so what you do?
Speaker 3: Just real quick? Are you doing coffee or what?
Speaker 5: So the first day we showed up in max and outfits first on purpose? Yeah no, this was like it was active.
Speaker 3: That's so. Was it like jeans and a plain T shirt or like something crazy?
Speaker 5: It was like white cops, brown bottles and white shoes.
Speaker 3: Chemistry, you're on the same that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: The room thinks this is a good thing. Okay, what were you doing for your date?
Speaker 5: Oh? So, like we just went for a drink. Okay, it was a really good time. So he's like, look, let's go for our second one, right, we diss up the fun again. Just drink nothing too heavy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you basically went on the same date.
Speaker 2: Twice, the same good date twice, just with different outfits. Yeah, unless you guys decided to wear the exact same one for date number two again because the first one went so well, I am going to.
Speaker 1: Find you in the restaurant.
Speaker 5: We were just wearing different clothes.
Speaker 3: On it second okay. Okay, so that one obviously went well because there was a third date, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: So we decided it is to go a little more upscale for this third date.
Speaker 3: That's the right day.
Speaker 5: We did dinner at this fancy restaurant. It's really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so how to date three go? Once you got to this nice restaurant, So like I.
Speaker 5: Had got there first, and in order, you know, to get seated, you have to have a credit card on foul with the host. So I put my credit card down, so we want to lose the table. Okay, you know he was running a little late, Okay.
Speaker 1: Nice, Well that's not nice that he's late. That's a bad news.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a third date. Like things happen, right, Like maybe Scott caught at.
Speaker 1: Work or something like four hours later, when.
Speaker 5: No, no, it wasn't that late. It was like he was about like fifteen to twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're still feeling good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything is fine, and then like the bill comes and the weather's like, hey, should I just go ahead and run the credit card that's.
Speaker 1: On the file, that's your card?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 5: Well, like he's just looking like stupid.
Speaker 1: The waiter or Victor, you're dad, Victor. He's confused?
Speaker 3: Is he confused or is he trying not to hear it?
Speaker 5: Like I know he's making it awkward because he's very like hesitant and he knows that my card is on file.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's defaulting to you.
Speaker 1: I guess to be like, it's your card. You get to make the decision.
Speaker 3: Did you pay for the last two dates? Because then I could kind of see it.
Speaker 5: He paid for them. But I mean he's the guy.
Speaker 1: So traditional guys would go, oh, no way, give me that bill.
Speaker 3: That's a few days I know, like day like, and she's the one that put the credit card down. I would think that you're telling me that you're so what happened?
Speaker 5: So? Because things is just so weird and awkward, and the waiters just standing there looking at both of us. I'm like, well, just go ahead and run my car, okay, okay, wants the waiter walked away. He's like, your card is already on file, so you know, we should just make it less of a headache for the waiter.
Speaker 3: He didn't say thank you, no oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And the bill. The bill was over two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh place, oh okay, but I'm.
Speaker 5: Like whatever, I'm like, I'm not chipping about it, okay. But like after that date, we haven't really been talking as much. Like at first, I felt like he's really putting a pressure on me and keeping in contact and like when when I'm going to see you again type of thing. But like since that day, everything slowed down a lot, And I really don't know why.
Speaker 3: That's weird because you paid.
Speaker 2: Like it feels like yeah, so going back to the beginning of this call, is that why you were saying because of the whole bill situation, maybe you're not one hundred percent sure you really want to see him again for another date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if he doesn't want to see me again, I feel like he needs to run me my money, like he's for half of the date.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, his half?
Speaker 3: Okay? Easy? You can't say that if like I like a guy can't come back and say you didn't go, and if you're never gonna see him again, what's the harmon asking like this dude, asking that you'd be so upset? But I would do it because I can't say.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't have it.
Speaker 2: But if he says yes, then you don't care about the bill situation?
Speaker 5: Good, Yes, yes, I don't care, because it's why we'll probably go to more fancy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we're going to see how this goes when we call Victor to get you your second date update and maybe half of your money back.
Speaker 1: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of a second date update, and if this doesn't go well with Victor, we may need to go full Godfather on him.
Speaker 3: I see wait, I haven't seen these movies. Explain from the second date up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make you you can't refuse.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good, Jeff.
Speaker 1: You paid the nice woman.
Speaker 4: Oh, we can make it real uncomfortable for you.
Speaker 1: A gift card with half of the balance.
Speaker 2: It's actually the worst thing that we could do in this situation. Give a half used gift card to somebody. It's just disrespectful.
Speaker 3: You have an old Italian foster living inside your body? Is actually good.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna we.
Speaker 2: Can't really threaten Ari's date here, but if he says he does not want to see her again, Ari wants to ask him to pay her back for half of the bill from their final date because it was at this nice upscale restaurant.
Speaker 1: He kind of stuck her with it. Yeah, so kind of awkward.
Speaker 3: Like, don't you think Ari that he thought you wanted to pay?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. He should have never thought that.
Speaker 4: Oh, he showed you disrespect and it's.
Speaker 1: Not old killing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think you need the music.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call Victor here hopefully we can avoid all of that. And he just says, yes, he would love to see you again. It's all a big misunderstanding, but I'm ann dial his number right now.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Victor?
Speaker 6: Here's a Victor. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh you're so you're so polite.
Speaker 1: Really good.
Speaker 3: I'm good to you.
Speaker 1: Asking what about you, Alexis.
Speaker 3: I don't think he cares.
Speaker 2: Sorry to confuse you, but you're on a radio show right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, for what you said, good question.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about us setting you up on a hot date with a sexy woman that you've already been out with multiple times?
Speaker 3: Why don'd your voice get deeper and.
Speaker 1: Deeper than because I wanted to sound entice?
Speaker 6: All right, I'm mentioned telling more.
Speaker 2: Because there is a woman who has gone through us to reach you, and her name is Ari.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I remember are here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 3: So you guys went on three dates together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we want a couple of days together. We had a good time.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: We're trying to help Ari feel this out and get a vibe of where your relationship with her is at.
Speaker 1: Not that it's a relationship, but just she.
Speaker 2: Wants to see more of you and it hasn't happened, and she's not sure why.
Speaker 3: It feels like the momentum has stopped.
Speaker 6: A little bit. Yeah about for my options. I mean, I'm new to the city, so I wanted to, you know, date a little bits. I want seeing who's in the city.
Speaker 3: But she's still she's still in the fold.
Speaker 2: Okay, and of course you're not going to tell her that, like, hey, sorry, IM not hating you up.
Speaker 1: I'm going on a lot of dates.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course, of course not.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to do. How many women are in the are in your fold?
Speaker 5: I'm been on maybe other dates probably that's not too bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, that seems normal.
Speaker 2: So you're not completely cutting her out, it's just you're also opening yourself up to other possibilities.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, I said it was for my options in the city.
Speaker 1: You're well, I mean it gives a little bit of clarity.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel great, yeah, specific because what we do have to deliver it. I mean, this is the awkward part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Victor.
Speaker 2: The part that you might not know about this is that Ari is actually already on this phone call, listening, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: You need this phone call right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's what I meant when I said this call. Okay, so yeah, i'll assess. I think you're okay. Well, let's ask Ari are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here. Hey, Victory, are you doing it? Oh? I'm doing great. But yeah, like I heard everything that you said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So, like I said, we went on a couple of days, had a great time. I'm still new to the city so much more my options seen was out there again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you already said that, you keep saying it over and over nervous or something.
Speaker 6: I'm not nervous at all.
Speaker 5: No, Okay, well you should be. You should be nervous because I'm not with none of that. Like I'm not part of your starting lineup, buddy. I don't know what you think you got going on here, but like we've been on three days, so you should have like some type of idea, like whether you want to take this further or not. I don't care about you being new to a city. Like I'm not one of your little flings. I don't move like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many dates does it take for you, Victor to decide whether or not? Like it's the real deal with somebody.
Speaker 6: I don't have to answer that. I mean it takes the amount of time it takes me to still a person out.
Speaker 2: So she just feels like she's waiting forever.
Speaker 3: I don't know about forever. I think she's just saying three days. You need to know.
Speaker 5: Coming the names of the girls you've been Damn, I.
Speaker 6: Might know that.
Speaker 3: Never do names.
Speaker 1: Maybe just addresses or something.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our city.
Speaker 1: We're really nice here.
Speaker 3: I promise the dating scene is totally cool.
Speaker 1: Victor.
Speaker 5: You're not saying anything, what are the girl's names?
Speaker 6: I don't need to tell you that information. That's my information. Like I said, I'm exploring with in the city. I had a great time with you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's a BS excuse. I feel like that's a BS excuses because.
Speaker 3: He can't something. Do you think that he's just trying to cover like maybe he just doesn't like you that much or something. I don't mean it in a mean way, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Or maybe he just wanted a free meal that night because I paid.
Speaker 3: Remember I knew here we go, So.
Speaker 5: You don't want to, like you don't really care to like going on the date or whatever. I'm fine with that. You need to go ahead and pay me up half after that dinner. So you need to go ahead and like vemo me half of that bill I have to receive if you need me this textual picture of it, and you could split it down the middle and send me your half.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I can say the same thing to you. I paid for the drinks for the first two days, so why don't you send me that money back to drink.
Speaker 5: Drinking funny drink and a whole steak meal adpatiser. You had a four punch.
Speaker 6: You had four lemon drops from the first day.
Speaker 1: And that's a classic drink.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that she's doing all the work for us.
Speaker 1: The sugar on the rim too. Do you see the point here?
Speaker 2: It's okay if you're asking, but not okay if he's asking.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's definitely okay if I'm asking. He's a man, A real man wouldn't even let me pay you to pull out your credit card. Let's start there.
Speaker 6: I mean, the reason why you put your credit card is because I got to wait. Struct will try to get in there. But at the same time, I mean, I thought you were paying for dinner because I paid for the drinks on the first two.
Speaker 1: Days, it seemed like.
Speaker 3: But you didn't even say thank you. Afterwards.
Speaker 6: I'm sure I said thank you after words. We had a little, you know, situation in the parking lot. Afterwards, I gave her a Nicett kiss, said thank you, and kept the movie.
Speaker 1: The kiss is a thank you, isn't it.
Speaker 5: No God, running me my money back would be a thank you.
Speaker 3: I do believe she's gonna drop its pretty.
Speaker 2: She's pretty sure she wants the money back. So do you want to give your Venmo out right now. No, no, I'm not getting a veno your shirt.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I guess you do really well.
Speaker 5: Guess what this Yearney isn't that big. I'll see you around, buddy.
Speaker 1: Godfather, we need you make enough. Was unprepared all of god.
Speaker 3: This is sounded like stroke.
Speaker 1: We got.
Speaker 4: We got all the bread sticks that you can put in your mouth if you're willing to go out, are the one more time?
Speaker 1: And that that we on our on our time?
Speaker 3: You want to go out again?
Speaker 6: A but I'm never paying you that money bag?
Speaker 5: Oh god, Okay, that's fine, that's cool. I'm not going to But hey, lady Victor, don't date.
Speaker 4: Him, because if you do, we're gonna have to break some kneecaps.
Speaker 3: Jeff find him.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll see you too. On Small Claims Court on Judge Judy, all right, good lie rook Jeffrey in the morning. You know, we never did get the names of those other women that he's dating. And now I'm really curious you are.
Speaker 3: I don't think it matters.
Speaker 1: I think it does. Text in seven eight five nine two.
Speaker 2: If you are currently dating Victor, we want to meet you and set you up for another second date.
Speaker 1: Update and first and the last name.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 3: I feel like with Victor's list, this is just going to be Victor's update updates.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 2: I want to call him again, do all Victor updates all next week and he's like you guys again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, he ends up single at the end is how I predict you.
Speaker 2: But it's fun for us to make sure you go to Brook and Jeffrey wherever you get your podcast. You can find all of our second dates there, and of course thanks for listening
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.