Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, Armstrong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Getty. And they found a glove near.
Speaker 2: Missus Guthrie's home that looks kind of like the glove the scumbag was wearing in the video we all saw.
Speaker 3: And that ain't much man.
Speaker 2: And they're doing cable news panels where they talked for forty five minutes about that, and there ain't much there.
Speaker 3: Oh no, there's not. The Only part of any of this. I find it interesting at this point is, you know, stuff is coming out about investigative techniques and how, for instance, they can see the arch of the Guthrie home and obviously they can measure that and can get damn near exact height, weight, and shoe size of the guy through that sort of thing, so they can they're narrowing it down through that. I just find, you know, police investigative procedures really really interesting. That is interesting. But yeah, we're not gonna do forty five minutes on a freaking glove. It might be nothing, it might be something. If it's something, they'll tell us. So it's funny. I'm torn about this. I actually and this may be unique both of us. Actually, this may be unique in the world a podcasting end or broadcast. I actually try to tell the truth and be consistent, to have principles. And I can't decide. Since most Senate and House hearings are grand standy horsecrap, designed only to generate good video for the news and the folks back home or the Instagram or fundraising or whatever, is it wrong to occasionally enjoy it. It's like back in the day. I had friends in the seventies, you know, it was the nineteen seventies. That was a callo you, thank you, gladys, And I couldn't get past how stupid Kiss was. And a lot of my friends were fans of the band Kiss. And I'm like, no, that's too stupid. I'm not going that. You didn't want to rock and roll all night and party every day? Well I did, but just not with a dragon looking guy spinning fake blood. I thought, no, just play the music for God's sake. Anyway, So I feel like this is watching a Kiss show. It is the Senate Homeland Security Committee Josh Hawley, who is brilliant like a mackerel. By moonlight, he shines and he stanks grilling Keith Ellison, who is the dedicated socialist Attorney General of Minnesota, former bind administration official, and just a he is a comedy. He's a Communist Marxist. He's Mundami's cousin, right, And Hawley's given him hell about the Minnesota fraud and how Ellison did nothing about it. And I think I've got to crank up Detroit rock City and enjoy the spectacle because Ellison has it coming. So Michael, after that elaborate and floury introduction clip ninety five, please we'll start from there.
Speaker 4: Money, money, money, They said, we will put our dollars in the right place. We will support candidates that will fight to protect our interests. You replied, that's right. They said that you were securing your donor base and securing your power base. You can act the way you want. You replied, money is freedom. They said, the amount of money circulated. I'm reading the transcript the amount of money you're relating, and I community today is powerful and we haven't realizing it in a meaningful way. And you said, give me the specifics, and nine days later you took ten thousand dollars some people who were then indicted.
Speaker 3: It's in your reports. Why did you do it?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 4: This was it worth it?
Speaker 3: You know what? This is a theatrical ten.
Speaker 4: This is the truth is what a building looks like, of which you've had. You helped fraudsters defraud your life and this government of nine dollars. You got a campaign contribution out of it.
Speaker 3: You ought to be indicted. True, Well, that's the truth. I think we've made the point. Let's keeping well, you saw the record.
Speaker 5: I'll ask how I was lying, and that's and that's the truth.
Speaker 3: Of course. This this is the day. Wait a minute, there's a little sniping there at the end. Let's keep the I think you've made the point. Let's keep things civil. And Holly says, I'll ask you how I want Senator.
Speaker 2: Paul Oh, that was all that was all on our violence. And that's the day after this in the house. And I told you about that Attorney general before you You don't tell me.
Speaker 4: I did tell you because I saw what you did in the Senate.
Speaker 2: Lawyer not even he washed up, want to be lawyer, not even a lawyer. That was the Attorney general and her hearing so we're not covering ourselves with adulthood.
Speaker 3: Here here I got to hear. Let's let's do ninety seven. Michael. You know.
Speaker 4: The other thing is whistle blowers came to you as early as twenty nineteen. Let's look as early as twenty nineteen. Whistle bl don't talk over me early talking about nineteen.
Speaker 3: It's my hearing pale.
Speaker 4: As early as twenty nineteen, don't come, whistle blowers.
Speaker 2: Keep it well.
Speaker 4: I should call your prisoner because you ought to be in jail. In twenty nineteen, whistle blowers came to you in your office and referred to you fraud allegations from feeding our futures, and you blow them off. Listen to your own state newspaper.
Speaker 3: That's a lie.
Speaker 4: At the Minnesota Start Tribune, the Partners and Nutrition brought its concerns to the Attorney General's office in twenty eighteen and in twenty nineteen, and you did nothing. You did nothing for years. The only action you took is once all these fraudsters came to your office and asked you to get involved and offered you money not to. Then you got involved.
Speaker 3: Then you talk the money, and then you got your pal.
Speaker 6: Oh I feel like these hearings officially need an audience, and.
Speaker 3: Pal, I'm not your pal. Well you ought to be in prison, call you prisoner, so I would.
Speaker 2: I remember where we were, Gladys once again the Harper. This is the second time today. I hope you don't get Carpel tumblin.
Speaker 3: And there's just a little more we got to place, so don't get too analyzing on me.
Speaker 2: I remember this is my hearing. I remember Gladys throwing back my head and laughter. I remember where we were. We were at a big event for watching the second Trump Hillary debate.
Speaker 3: We're in a bar or someplace.
Speaker 2: We were at some big event with people, and we all laughed so hard when Trump said you'd be in prison, because nobody had ever said anything even close to that in a presidential debate ever. And I hated Hillary, so I just thought that was freaking fantastic. But in retrospect, they've learned something, haven't you. This is where you end up where everybody's doing that all the time, and we're just can't wait.
Speaker 3: We're just spinning our wheels in the mud. Yes, yes, yes, here is Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, one of the more senior sober people in the Senate. Yeah, sit there in smirk, smirk. It's sick. It is despicable.
Speaker 5: Are you asking me for comment, Senator, because everything you said was untrue. It was a nice theatrical performance, but it was all lies.
Speaker 3: Senator. Hasn't keep disgusting?
Speaker 2: Hm, you disgusted me? Sit there and smirk. Well, let's give Keith Ellison the last word.
Speaker 5: I've never been prouder to be in Minnesotan.
Speaker 3: I'm so proud of the people.
Speaker 5: Who help their neighbors, no twins set up for their First Amendment rights, some of what was criticized in here, and I hope it's over and now it's the time to heal and put things back together again. And I have every confidence that we will do that.
Speaker 3: Time to heal and time for my constituents to get back to draining the treasury.
Speaker 2: Ha ha, and Holman did announce that they're pulling out of Minnesota. By the way, operations over going to get out of Minneapolis. Hey, it's my segment.
Speaker 4: Pal as early ass came to well, I should call you prisoner because you ought to be in jail.
Speaker 3: Well, it reminds me of the whole Jasmin Kray, don't you bring that child. I ain't a child. You calling me a child? I'm no child. Oh my god, you're all looking like you're acting like childs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm way beyond picking a side in these I mean, I'm sure on the merits, I agree with Holly versus Ellison, sure of whatever they're talking about. But you know, in tenor it doesn't make any difference. We're never gonna get anywhere. I don't know how we break out of this. Maybe when AI hits and you have thirty percent unemployment among people with college degrees, then all of a sudden we have to get serious about things or something, or we go to war with China or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know how we break out of this. I don't know how we go to war with Canada. How would we How.
Speaker 2: Would we ever get back to a point where it's the dull, old timey stuff I grew up with, where the worst thing you would hear is stop lying about my record. That was seen as just, oh my god, can you believe Bob Dole said he was lying?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the L word. Oh oh yeah, I don't I don't know. I don't think you can go very far backward. You can certainly lower the fever pitch because people will get tired of it. But in the days which we're in the middle of, of small online donations being the lifeblood of politics, I don't I can't picture how that would kick what you could do that would score with the first man.
Speaker 2: Can you keep touching that erogenous zone and getting a moan? I wouldn't think you could. At some point the morning stops. It's like, you gotta touch me somewhere else. I just I'm kind of numb to that at this.
Speaker 3: Point was unnecessarily graphic and tauntry. You decry the cheapening of our discourse in America, and then you go Larry.
Speaker 2: Flint on us. I feel like that was that was shameful. Feel like that was a pretty good metaphor.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, made it. That's what made it all the more objectionable because we all pictured it the first time you touched it. You have control of the microphone.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't mean anything anymore. You gotta touch me some other way, like with intellect. Maybe, So that's possible that people stop reacting to this just because it's been done so many times like I get no reaction out of anymore. It used to be, Oh my god, did you hear what happened yesterday? I'm sure they yelled at each other.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Here's the problem, though, with your unnecessarily frank description. Every generation of young voters has not been touched by the Jamie Raskins of the world, nor the Josh Holly. First time you've ever been touched that way, and it is awesome, like a virgin touched for the very first time. As the great founding father Madonna put it in, I believe Federalist thirty.
Speaker 2: Two wearing cone shaped boob things.
Speaker 3: Which is just interesting, A fry cornered hat. Leave the hat on, baby.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I don't know. I don't know how we pull out of this tailspin. I mean, he got the Attorney General, he goes clear up to the AG. At this point you have, but you're not a fake lawyer.
Speaker 3: You make me sick.
Speaker 2: It's my hearing pal, not your pal. You should be prisoner. I shouldn't call you a prisoner. Oh you got them layer, don't call whistle.
Speaker 4: Bowers came well, I should call you prisoner because you ought to be in jail.
Speaker 3: Well, greatest country on Earth.
Speaker 2: For now, for now, all right, more vampire ever goes away?
Speaker 3: We got more on the waistay here Armstrong.
Speaker 7: Bad Bunny may have scored the biggest win at the Super Bowl with his halftime show ratings showing that about one hundred and twenty eight million people across the US tuned in to watch the regged tone Superstars performance Cornea Nielsen ratings figures may get the most watched program in the history of the National Broadcasting Company NBC's entire one hundred year history.
Speaker 3: That was the highest rated thing they ever put on. One hundred and twenty eight million people. How do you like that, hater? That is a lot brilliant entertainment. I guess so.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard this, and I don't quite understand. What is super Bowl halftime without the backing track? This is clip ted, This is Bad Bunny, just like the Life Mike without the backing track?
Speaker 3: What know? I hope that isn't Who cares if it's ob sceen in Spanish? What difference does it make?
Speaker 2: You can't have broadcast obscenities you loan tech. I feel like there's not enough attention was in it all? I feel like there's not enough attention paid to whether or not somebody speaks a language. I mean, you could be as obscene as you want to be. I don't speak Spanish, so it meant nothing to me. All right, no matter what you're chanting about, stomping around and shouting about, if I don't speak your language, it doesn't make any difference to me.
Speaker 3: Signor was that childish?
Speaker 2: I do low and childish, but has been pointed out by many people I liked. I kind of liked the Kendrick Lamar thing the last Super Bowl, but I didn't understand a word Kendrick Lamar said.
Speaker 3: And it was in English, allegedly, and I talked to yet another person.
Speaker 2: We've got lots of text We've heard this anecdotally from a bunch of people. I was talking to someone on last night whose native language is Spanish, of the South American variety, not of Mexican variety, and they didn't understand it anything.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, Michael, I turned on the closed caption. It was nothing but question marks all the way around. I will point out he is Puerto Rican, therefore an American. Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many of y' all know who know Chomsky is if you follow politics, you knew because he's one of the biggest, loudmouthed socialist pain in the ass, know it alls in the history of America. He's almost one hundred years old.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm a hero to intellectual Marxists everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolute hero to Marxist everywhere. When I was in college, my teacher, who's all about these language classes I was taking, say there are two geniuses in the twentieth century, Einstein and Chomsky. That's the first time I'd ever heard Noam Chomsky's name, because he's considered one of the great geniuses in understanding linguists and the way human beings learned language. Ever, but then he became a socialist nut job into politics all the time, and he's in the Epstein files and is in a fair amount of trouble and a lot of his super lefties have turned on him and can't believe that he was dealing with Epstein in this way, advising Epstein on how to rehabilitate his image.
Speaker 3: After he got convicted. No Chomsky was doing.
Speaker 2: I also specifically like the he had two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in one of Epstein's accounts and needed some financial advice. This is one of the Capitalism is the worst thing that ever happened to the world, leading lights Nom Chamsky. Noom Chomsky, who hates capitalism and the rich need to pay their fair share, and just they run the world and their puppet masters, and they all should be in prison, and nobody should be a billionaire. He's one of those guys to the furthest level and there he had money, lots of money in the guy's account, was getting advice on how to you know, turn it into more money. Yeah, can you get a bigger hypocrite than that?
Speaker 3: It's amazing. SE's one of the child or a hypocrite would full fall for this crap.
Speaker 2: I'm pro capitalism, but obviously Epstein leveraged the world of capitalism as well as anybody ever has in terms of connections in this and trade this for that and make more money. And fine, if it's legal, it's legal. But Noam Chomsky hates all of that. Nobody should be a billionaire. Billionaire should be outlawed, Chomsky says. And there he was with money in the guy's account and getting financial advice well, and paling up to.
Speaker 3: The guy to the point of, hey, hey, yeah, we know you like young girls. But here's how you rehab your image. I can help you with that.
Speaker 2: Some people have turned on him, but so he was a fraud. Yet another phony in a long, long line of public phonies that I suppose I should just get used to.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot more on the way.
Speaker 2: If you miss a segment or an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Shortan Stalls is coming.
Speaker 8: Then he goes to work on the inside corner and here goes Stalls, pulling right past getting the ball the best speek Stanner in the world flies to an Olympic record handlead Shorten Stools, who solidifies the top.
Speaker 4: Spot golding on.
Speaker 2: We're getting trouts though we're in third place behind Norway and Italy for what total medals.
Speaker 3: And we always get beat in the Winter Olympics. Norway's really good and don't have any mountains, but the home country always does really, really well. What advantages do home countries get. There's some advantage you get. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I've learned this fifteen times in my life, but there's some you get set up somehow to like do really well when you when you host the Olympics.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. I don't know.
Speaker 2: There is something skied the hill a million times, but now there's something else. You get more athletes per competition, or there's some there's some structural advantage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't doubt it. But how would they help you win? I don't know. We can dig into that. You know, I wasn't going to bring this up till tomorrow, but I can't resist. We've you know, I've had a couple of featurettes today, including during our two I think it was the gender bending Maddness Update, which was very serious and pretty important, and check it out via podcast arm Strong and Getty on demand. But the whole sane world is now understanding that the radical gender theory thing is just it's crazy. They made us say it, but these kids are getting hurt and blah blah blah. It's terrible and people are waking up to it finally, but not the elite, not the networks anyway. NBC was forced to issue a issue an apology after accidentally referring to Swedish athlete Ellis Lundholm with the wrong pronouns during its coverage the twenty three year old skier who is born a woman but identifies as a male but is clearly a woman, was competing in the moguls in the women's freestyle division. During Lundholm's run, the Olympic International feed broadcast on NBC's streaming platform, Peacock referred to the ironically named Peacock referred to the athlete as she multiple times getting off course here that oh, she just skids out of that gate. She's going to hop up and go around to make sure she does not dn have blah blah. She was born a woman and competing competing fing women's competition.
Speaker 2: What you're supposed to call her? He even though she's competing in the women's division. Yes, that's a tough one. It's kind of weird to say to your audience. And he he nicked the flag on that one. That'll cost a point. Why did they just say he and the women's moguls?
Speaker 3: Excuse me? The Olympic Committee has made it clear that only biological women can compete as women, only biological men can compete as men, because that's the only kind of women and men there are. That's the actual Olympic rules. We're here to broadcast the Olympics, get off our ass but no. NBC quickly removed the footage from the platforms and its social media channels and apologized for the error. Quote NBC Sports takes this matter seriously. Today we streamed an international feed with non NBC Universal commentators who misgendered Olympian Ellis Lundholme. We apologize to Ellis and our viewers, and we have removed the replay of that feed.
Speaker 2: Here's what I don't get, Hey, NBC, if you had completely ignored the supposed demands, like, how are you even aware these demands were happening? Don't read your the comments on your Twitter section, you wouldn't even know. So what if you if you had just ignored it, what would have happened? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 2: The hardcore, tiny activist class would have screamed and screamed and claimed they were going to boycott something or other. But if you'd just ignored them, it would have gone away. Nobody would have even known it ever happened. How do you still get frightened by this tiny, tiny group of people screaming about this into feeling like you gotta we gotta pull the coverage or what will happen?
Speaker 3: Right exactly. I'm gonna be charitable here. It's because the people who made that apology and made that decision, all they have is their far left wing media bubble. They don't understand. They didn't read the cast report coming out of Britain. They don't know that Europe has gone screaming in the other direction away from the gender bending madness. They missed that the AMA and the Plastic Surgery Association both said no surgical procedures on underage kids because of you know, gender confusion. You gotta stop that. They're unaware of that stuff, I would guess. Interestingly enough, Miss Lundholm herself said I came out and identified as a man, but I compete against women because they have the same qualifications as me, and that's okay with everyone. Well, good for her, so good for you, and I hope you do well in the Olympics.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Hey, all organizations, if you get in the if you get into a controversy over there, just ignore that.
Speaker 3: It'll be fine. Nothing's going to happen. Before some bully introduced this crazy new theory to you a few years ago, you said there are men and women. Go back to that it'll be okay.
Speaker 2: So did you see this that Kim Jong UN's daughter is likely to soon be appointed the future leader of North Korea.
Speaker 3: That's according to her things i'd heard for a while.
Speaker 2: According to our South Korea's spy agency, who probably has people inside North Korea to keep an eye on that, the teenage daughter who we've you know, if you follow this, you've seen before at his side, is close to being designated as a country's future leader. Wonder why you designate a future leader like that, because I'm imagine and as soon as you're designated there is a target on your back by some people, your security would have to go way up.
Speaker 3: I would think Hm around thirteen years old. That's pretty young. Yeah, that's really interesting. Your dictator theory says you generally don't appoint a successor early because they'll want to grab the throne as quickly as they can. But it's a child, and in their system of the Kims are considered godlike. I can see maybe what he's thinking. Elevate her and have her worshiped and make sure everybody starts pledging their loyalty to her and the quasi religious terms North Koreans do and go from there.
Speaker 2: But interesting way, how long can the hermit kingdom keep on hermit it? In the long?
Speaker 3: Another full generals in.
Speaker 2: A hermit Yeah, I don't know, it's that whole thing is so interesting to me. What a bizarre little chapter, little sub section of humanity. Yeah, it's such a throwback to Middle Ages practically.
Speaker 3: Or earlier.
Speaker 2: Will she be machine gunning people who get on the wrong side of her, just like her old man and her grandpa soon enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Probably, unless Uh Kim Jong has some sort of master plan for liberalization in mind, which is unlikely. But he might be astute enough to think, all right, it's gonna be tougher and tougher to be a hermit kingdom. He's fat as Ai in the internet. Plus I'm fat as a hog.
Speaker 2: He's fat as a hog. I'm not sure how that enters into it. A doctor's risking being machine gun probably told him, Look, it's not your fault, it's it's your biology. But he's got a body shame the brother you're you're a big, old fat guy, and you might have a heart attack any day, so you might want to decide who's gonna be next in line.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's your angle. Okay, I's gonna say, guy struggles with his weight. You got a fat shame? That's terrible. Heads people with dogs occasionally, who doesn't. Yeah, I wonder, I wonder what he's thinking. That's a great question, really intriguing. What did Korea watchers say, Jack, do you have any idea? Oh why he's doing it? Yeah? No, I don't know. They ain't got no boys? Does he got no boys? You got no boys? I don't know. I don't know how many children he has. You can just snatch a couple if he needs them.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: You know, I've been wanting to get this story on because it sounds charming. Play twenty two for US Michael speaking of children. A missing three year old child. More than a half dozen officers on the search.
Speaker 2: They sent up a helicopter but had no luck until this happened.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a dog, where's he?
Speaker 2: Let's go. That's Officer Josh Thompson responding to a dog.
Speaker 3: And led me all the way back to the backyard. And at that film, I'm thinking, Okay, this kid's in the backyard, And sure enough, the dog goes to the back of I just sat there. He's good job, buddy, the dog had crack the case.
Speaker 2: I don't know where the dog came from, but it was a blessing from God that day.
Speaker 8: Officer Thompson says he'd been patrolling that neighborhood for two years and had never seen the dog before that moment.
Speaker 3: And he hasn't seen the dog since that day. Wow, it was an angel dog. Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're of a religious bent, you would believe that God sent a little messenger there out of nowhere, a modern day Lassie. The dog is being called good boy, good boy? Why was the kid over there overwhere? Well, no, no missing. I don't know why was the kid, But what was the ultimate story? They found the kid, but nothing nefarious.
Speaker 3: The kid just was lost, probably wandered off or something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Katie, Yeah, they actually found the kid in the backseat of a car that he had snuck into.
Speaker 3: The dog led onto the car and you know, yeah, there he was.
Speaker 2: Would have been obviously horrified for a short period of time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, good dog. I hope they please. I hope that dog got a Pupperoni or something. I love that dog a bone. Yeah, are you take him through the Starbucks drive through? And get him the what is the thing they give you at Starbucks puppuccino? Yeah, yes, yes, any size he wants.
Speaker 3: You saved a child. Here's a Venti puppuccino. About in and Out with the pup patty. I did not know about this. In and Out has a pup patty? So is it a little burger? It's just that.
Speaker 6: So they do the burger without any seasoning, no salt, you said, like a pup patty.
Speaker 3: And then they give you a little patty to give your pup. Darned have you done that with a little Frankie? Oh? Yeah, he loves them. It doesn't give him the winds, does it. No, we're always a little cautious with pexter because when he gets going, it's good. Clearer room, man, it is nasty.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, the restaurant story. Oh so last night there's a new restaurant in my end of town and I just wanted to check it out. We'd already eaten at this other places. New a bunch of new places opened it, and I wanted to walk over and just check out what it was. And uh so I thought I'd just walk in and see what their menu was. We got close to the door and got hit with this stench that I thought was the guy A word is aroma.
Speaker 3: An aggressive scent.
Speaker 5: I thought.
Speaker 2: I actually thought the guy in front of me had like, you know, really tootored in a flatulated in a disgusting way, like right in front of me.
Speaker 3: I followed him in the door op dusting. Yeah, terrible, That's actually what I thought.
Speaker 2: But then we opened up the door and we walked in. I realized, Okay, the whole restaurant smells like that. That smell was coming out the door. Oh, it smells like human fecal matter in here is what it smells like in this restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yum wow. And I want to give him to concouse, what can I get for you? That's not a good name for a restaurant. Oh my god him. Their mascot is disgusting. He is smiling, but it's still disgusting.
Speaker 2: So I walk in there and I kind of politely, you know, look at the menu, like looking it over a hand on chin. And then we turned around and walk back out again, and my oldest sister to me, oh my god, what was that it smelled like? And then he said some naughty words that he's allowed to say, is he's sixteen now about what it smelled like in.
Speaker 3: There, And we're like, oh my god, I know.
Speaker 2: And there were people sitting in there eating, so apparently it wasn't off putting to them, right, And it was a certain area of the world's food, which I'm not going to name.
Speaker 3: Oh, you gotta give us a clue. Are they more likely to serve a curry or salsafresca? Neither sushi?
Speaker 2: Possibly, If we're going to borrow up hand uff from somebody, would it be.
Speaker 3: From folks like them.
Speaker 2: We're getting closer, yes, okay, all right, closer. These restaurants won't exist anymore because their birth rate is so low.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, oh soul food if you will, wink.
Speaker 2: Wink, yeah, And and like so, I was trying to explain to my son that, you know, different places, they're cuisine they're used to and it must smell good to them and we're just not used to it or something. There's gotta be some conditioning thing going on there. Because it was He and I both recoiled like, oh my god, I thought I was gonna throw up.
Speaker 3: And there are other people.
Speaker 2: Who thought, oh cool, the food just supells just like in my grandma's kitchen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Granny, I think I know what may have happened. And I think I even know the ditch or I'm aware of it. It's like a pickled cabbagey thing, which to some, you know, old factory centers, would smell like a bowl full of poo. There you go, for those not tracking, there's the specific ah. Yeah, yeah, I could see that pungent. There are certain pungent smells and certain ethnic foods that yeah, if you're not used to them.
Speaker 2: Well okay, So then are there other places of the world, like people who like Indian food. You grow up India or whatever, do you smell American food sometimes and think, oh my god, that's disgusting. You eat that, like and it's hamburgers or something because you didn't you know, cow's were sacred so you didn't eat them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, we did. I did walk into an Indian family's home once, and these are wonderful people in every way, absolutely kind, educated, blah blah blah, and I was like, holy crap, the cooking smells it was just so strong and foreign to me. It was overwhelming.
Speaker 2: I just wonder if it works both ways, if you know that, like, if you're from a foreign land and you think like American food, you know, fried chicken and mashed potatoes smells like an outhouse to you.
Speaker 3: I'd be interested in that. Maybe that's the case, just out of curiosity. Did you see any stray dogs around her? Did they all seem to have disappeared? I am not torn there.
Speaker 2: Our text line is four one five two nine kftc.
Speaker 6: Are Strong.
Speaker 2: I learned something today. I never thought about this before. Does it work both ways in smelling other culture's foods? And we got this text my Chinese friends in China said, everyone is disgusted by the smell of an American's house when they're cooking.
Speaker 3: They smell like cheese, which to them smells like boo.
Speaker 2: So we think some other cultures their food smells disgusting. It works both twice, just what you're used to. It's overwhelming at first. Yeah, find the thoughts with Armstrong and here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. There is leading the way Mike Langelow in the control room. Michael, I'm going from the worst smelling foods. Of the best smelling food, I'm gonna say baked bread and just being baked love. The smell of baked bread pretty hard to beat. Like the smile, it may be the universal language. I'm Joe Getty. Wow. Katie Greener is deemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie, I'm going serious.
Speaker 6: The more I think about that dope Scott Wiener going to the protest with those kids, the more pissed I gets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maddening. It really is horrible little children being used as political props, Jackie.
Speaker 2: Final thought for us, if you haven't seen the promo for the Olympics, they've got where Snoop Dogg is on the bob sled run and he somehow slips and falls and starts sliding down backwards. He saying, oh, oh oh, it is so damn funny.
Speaker 3: I actually had insider information about that before the games, and I was sworn to secrecy and I sent to my promise you see as a funny man of honor. My final thought and is also Olympics related. NBC you got to occasionally give us the big build up and then our guy loses, because it's starting to be like, oh, Yeah, he's gonna win. I can tell the build up, the interviews, the profile and everything, he's gonna win.
Speaker 2: You gotta mix in a couple of what you want to keep us on our toes.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty wraping up, but they're grueling, four hour workday, so.
Speaker 3: Many people to thank, so little time. You need to go to Armstrong Geeddy dot com and enjoy the hot links Katie's corner, drop us a nope mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. And if you need a link to the podcasts there it TI is at Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, including that article about AI, which is super interesting. It's a little frightening, but I think it's worth taking a look. At the time is now to pay attention to AI. We will see you tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 3: I'm strong and get you.
Speaker 2: Can you keep touching that aroduous zone and getting a moon? I wouldn't think you could. At some point the morning stops. It's like you gotta touch me somewhere else. I just I'm kind of numb to that. At this point was unnecessarily graphic and tauntry. I feel like there was a pretty good metaphor tacking total.
Speaker 3: Subscribe to the podcast Armstrong and Giddy on demand, Armstrong and Getty's Penis signor