Speaker 1: Hello, my loves It is La La Kent with Randall my fi.
Speaker 2: Yes, well today we have, first of all, two exciting things happening.
Speaker 3: Yes, pretty epic. I think this will be a milestone podcast.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 2: I'm going to let you say the second thing. I'm going to say our guests, which Okay, so we have a guest on today that has been completely not only just There's just too much I want to say about her, but I'm just going to say she is epic, classy and one of the most badass women in business.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: She has just been so successful and such an influence in your life. She's changed your life in so many ways. True, and that is the incredible Lisa Vanderpump.
Speaker 1: The woman that single handedly made me just I was Lauring from Utah now I'm motherfucking La La Kent, both because of Lisa vanderbof So. Yeah, she's pretty bad ass. She's pretty high up there on the People that I Appreciate.
Speaker 2: Lists, So now everybody knows that Lisa's on. So then so we have set this up.
Speaker 3: Now. We had called.
Speaker 2: Lisa recently and we said, Lisa, we want you to come on this podcast. Yeah, we have a surprise for you. She doesn't know what the surprise is and she has no clue because I just said, it's just something fun. It's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: You come on.
Speaker 2: We've been trying to get Lisa on for like two months in your schedule and code.
Speaker 1: I know she's like busy. I don't know what she does all day, but like she's like a busy person.
Speaker 2: So but we were successful finally because La is like, babe, stop harassing her to get on this podcast.
Speaker 1: The thing is that only ussuring people I liked if I Randall is the best at it. Randall is like he which is why he is who he is, because he just pushes people until they're like fine, where me I ask one time and if you don't respond, it's like okay, we're good. Or if you're like I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, are you retreat?
Speaker 1: I retreat? I like take it a little personally. Where Randall doesn't give up.
Speaker 2: No, I have no shame in my game. When it comes to ask getting guests on this show. It's like producing a movie. You just go for it and you just keep going for it until they Basically.
Speaker 1: That's how he got me. I told him no a hundred times and he was just persistent. And now I'm marrying the guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks for thatot, I know, I know, Honny.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So that's the first surprise, and and and that is very special to have Lisa on the show.
Speaker 3: So I don't want to take care away for that.
Speaker 2: But now, Laala, you're gonna tell everybody what the surprise that you're going to surprise Lisa with.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm like shaking right now because I can't believe that it's a real life thing. I'm really emotional.
Speaker 3: I know it's okay.
Speaker 1: Let me gather myself.
Speaker 2: By the way, so everybody knows that they're not watching this podcast or any snippets of it.
Speaker 3: Laala has tears flowing.
Speaker 1: Over her eyes. I just like I cry about everything, but today it's very much happy tears. By the way. Today is my thirtieth birthday and I can't think of any other way to celebrate. Celebrate then with you guys coming through your headphones with speakers. And for my thirtieth birthday, I had the best gift given to me. My body also helped out too. I am pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Lala can't a soon to be mother.
Speaker 1: I am, and I'm like so excited. I feel very maternal and motherly. And it's just I feel it's very interesting and I'm gonna try not to ball my eyes out. I cry about everything, by the way, Tim, Like I look in the refrigerator and it could be empty or full, and I'm like happy or sad about it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just it's like life is really hitting me in the face, all right. It's like, holy shit, I'm turning thirty. There's something living inside of me growing, which is in itself, Like what is this alien thing happening? And my life is changing very quickly and I can't. I don't love change, even though it's all great things. It's like, well, wait a minute, I'm a kid still. How am I having a kid?
Speaker 3: A kid?
Speaker 1: Having a kid?
Speaker 3: You never get rested to it.
Speaker 5: By the way, and first of all, congratulations, yes's amazing.
Speaker 2: By the way, Wow, Tim, you're so good at listening and then responding.
Speaker 3: I stuck at it, and I want to.
Speaker 2: By the way, I want to tell all the fans, I have been training myself for the last two weeks to listen and then respond, so I encourage all of you to tune in and let me know if I am listening and then responding, because that is not something I do in my regular life.
Speaker 3: So Tim could carry forward, my friend.
Speaker 5: Okay, I will be your listening sense.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 5: So now I'm listening again.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to say I want to I want to say something, so Lala, so I'm want to tell you guys something. So we just you know, recently found out. Obviously we you know, it was very early and we weren't sure of, you know, what was going to happen. And Lala has been keeping me posted daily because I guess there are charts on the internet where it says the evolution of your child. Now I didn't really ever know about these charts that did this. So she called me up. I think after the first couple days. Then she said, we have a baby squid in my stomach.
Speaker 1: I was like, it looks exactly like a shrimp. The shrimp is so damn cute.
Speaker 2: She called it a shrimp and then it went to a squid and it's moving forward, and when does can I ask a question because obviously you know how excited and I we talk hourly about this. When does it When do you stop calling it a shrimp, a squid and fish type names?
Speaker 3: When does it go to a well?
Speaker 1: I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the heartbeat, You guys, I just want to hear that for the rest of my life. If I could just hear that heartbeat forever, I'm chilling, you know. I told Randall, I'm like, whenever you're having a heart day, you just remember the heartbeat and you will have the best day ever. But now it's like the size of a gummy bear, the cutest gummy bear.
Speaker 3: And I was saying, it's always food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like it's it's, you know, a raspberry exactly, very weird.
Speaker 2: I didn't notice that, but now I'm thinking about it. You're right, it is always food, and it's is it a gummy bear?
Speaker 1: Now it looks like a gummy bear. And maybe it's because my doctor was like, let's see this little gummy bear, because you know, little arms are out and about. But it was so cute because yesterday and it could have been in my mind, but we'll just pretend it was really happening. It was like torquing for its mama it was like showing out on the sonogram yesterday. It was so.
Speaker 3: Cute, it was it was I that's what it's.
Speaker 1: Called, right, a sonogram?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, I'm turning into such a mom.
Speaker 3: Will you spell sonogram for us?
Speaker 1: Don't do that, don't do that, don't do that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm kidding. We're not going to do the spelling be today. That's next week.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to ask you something because i'd love to hear, because I haven't asked you this yet. What would you say to your newborn almost? I mean, uh, that's the wrong thing, because what would you say to yours soon to be new child today? What advice would you give our child today? If you could talk to me?
Speaker 1: Oh, that is hard. I think it would depend on if it was a boy or a girl. I think I'd be much more delicate if I knew it was going to be a chick. But honestly, I think the one thing would be like, you're safe with me. This world is going to really try to kick your eye, but I got you, Bill, I'm going to kick it to ask for you. You know. I love that as long as my kid always knows that it's safe. Yes, I'm chilling so that I.
Speaker 3: Have a question.
Speaker 5: Then are you going to find out whether it's a boy or girl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'll decorate.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I don't know how these people are like, I'm not going to find out until it's born. I'm like, I would lose my mind.
Speaker 5: We did it twice.
Speaker 1: I can't why.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Sarah was so freaked out by the prospect of giving birth any woman should be. I identify with that that she thought that having that surprise at the end of that process would be a good motivator.
Speaker 3: For We're gonna, okay, we're going to say no, I respect her.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely having to find out I have to. I respect women.
Speaker 3: But I respect This is your show, right, this is.
Speaker 1: The lawless it's my body. Don't tell me what to do with it. I get it.
Speaker 2: We are actually, we actually already planned that in a few weeks, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: No, don't tell them how we're gonna douse. I'm want to post that on my Instagram.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna leave those moments for you. You're the boss.
Speaker 2: But we are going to know in a couple of weeks, and we've already planned how to do the gender reveal.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be there, so obviously gonna be really fun. I will be honored.
Speaker 1: Yes, it'll be the best day ever, well for me, and then you guys all better pretend it's the best day of your life too.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, let's talk about the day that you did find out about when you were pregnant and how you surprised me and the kids.
Speaker 3: Tell that story.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we had bought a pregnancy test, and I'm weird about a pregnancy test because I've bought them before and then you do kind of get bummed out when you pee on it and it's like not pregnant. You're like, oh shit. So, like it was just sitting there, Randall, my mom in London went off to do their thing at camp where yes, Camp Highlander, you got to get the uh. They went to do archery. Riley, my little soul sister, was like, I'm trying to take a bath, the six year old she's in the bath doing her thing and I'm bored. So I'm like, I'm gonna take that test. And Riley says, you know, is it a test for your health? Because if it's a test for your health, then you got to take it. So I was like, all right, we'll take it right now. So I do my thing and I'm sitting there waiting. She's in the tub. It's like just a bathroom, you know, And it pops up pregnant, okay. And I look up at Riley and I was like, do you know what this means? She was what what does it say? I was like, this means Laala is gonna have a baby. She stands up screams, You're.
Speaker 4: Gonna have a baby.
Speaker 1: We gotta tell my dad right now.
Speaker 3: And let's rewind.
Speaker 2: So I'm at archery at Camp Highlander, where there's no reception, and I want to preface somebody. La left a little special little trink it out the night before. She said should I take the test? And I said absolutely not. We are having the greatest trip with the girls, with your mom with me. We're gonna wait till we get home because if you're not pregnant, it's going to be a spiral depression. And she looked at me and said, baby, you're right, and I was like great. So I go off to battle. I go off to the archery range with mom, who thinks she's a pro archer. With my with London, who thinks she's a pro archer, and we go off a new archery no reception. Meanwhile, we were there from archery, went down.
Speaker 1: A lake four hours four four hours, Riley and I just sat on the front porch waiting, waiting, and I kept saying like, let's go inside and like let's try to watch TV. And she was like, no, we have to wait right here because when they come in, we got to tell them.
Speaker 2: So no, wait, So I'm coming. So Lisa is hanging out with London at the lake. I go, Lisa, I'm done. I'm going to go back to the cabin. I'll meet you when you guys are done. So I jog off to the cabin. Four hours later. Meanwhile, not thinking anything would be of any urgent news because we had an agreement that you wanted to take the test.
Speaker 3: I walk in. They're both standing there.
Speaker 2: They got this weird little game there, like they play games and tricks on me.
Speaker 1: So we're in North Carolina. I'm like, how, by the way, I am no Susie homemaker, all right, I'm looking up ideas. His mom is like, you could send him on a scavenger hunt.
Speaker 3: I'm like, my mother notes, by the way, my mother, that's another thing. My mother already knew. I walk in the door. I want to just tell it from my pursuit. I walked in the door, and you hand me a box.
Speaker 1: A popcorn box.
Speaker 2: A popcorn box, and they're both got these grins on their face. By the way, truth be told. I had not a single clue because we had an agreement. So I look at this popcorn box and they go open it, open it. They're both like, like so giddy, and I'm like whatever, So I opened the popcorn box.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna like something.
Speaker 2: Snake's gonna jump out and it's the pregnancy test. And I was just like, yo, that's cool.
Speaker 1: No, he was not. He solved his eyes out ball.
Speaker 3: I was emotional.
Speaker 1: I got sawm all right, I'll toast the video of you crying later.
Speaker 3: If you post that fucking video. Model.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Really, he's beside himself hugging me, being like is it really happy? For a second, I was like, are you upset about it? Or are these happy tears?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: By the way, I was very emotion I don't even remember because I was. It was so shocking because it's not like we took it together and I was ready for it. I just opened a popcorn box thinking they were tricking me, and I was so happy, you know, I was happy, and and then it was like and then your mom came. About thirty minutes later, we shod her. She cried, everybody cried. It was a big celebration, and from that moment on, I was like, this is for me.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why. It was even more special.
Speaker 2: Camp Highlander, the camp that I went to as a child, and then my kids go.
Speaker 1: To who We did an entire episode about you guys. If you go back and listen, we literally have a full episode of Give Them All with Randall talking about how epic Camp Hunter.
Speaker 3: But I want to take it.
Speaker 1: So to say he loves it and it's his happy place is a little bit of an understatement, but.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy.
Speaker 2: I did to take the test there originally because I wanted it to be positive at Camp, because I thought how magical this, this mountain gave me so much love and so much security in my life. And I was like, you know what, but if it's negative, it'll always remember it being negative. So I was like, fuck that, we're not ruining this Mountain and I come back and it was positive. And now that camp is even like our baby will go to this camp when it's six years old.
Speaker 1: I can't wait anyway, Like the child's not even born and you're you're talking to me about sending it away for two weeks. I'm like, not happening. I think that's cute.
Speaker 3: I signed him up already, He's in a six week session.
Speaker 1: I love it all I know.
Speaker 2: Let me say this baby, that day, that day, no bullshit, That day was so beautiful and so magical, and I just want to say that the way you surprised me was so perfect with Riley.
Speaker 3: It was it was flawless.
Speaker 1: Oh are you going to cry a little bit? Okay, I won't put you on the spot.
Speaker 2: And it was just beautiful. It was everything it was supposed to be. And God was definitely shining down that day, and it was it was what it was supposed to make.
Speaker 1: It really was. And I think like I wanted to take it on my own because if it would have been negative, like I just would have told Randall, like, by the way, it's negative, like we have to try again, you know, and figure out the ovulation dates or whatever.
Speaker 3: Well you would have done it. You would have up again at three in the morning.
Speaker 2: At four forty eight am on September sixteenth, I'd say, let's go attention, So it would have been you know, but yes, it would.
Speaker 1: Have been as But just like the fact that I got to share that moment with Riley was like the best day ever. It was the cutest, sweetest thing. She was beyond excited and I would like, go inside just because you're bored, and I would walk out and see her and she was sitting on the chair, just like waiting for you to come home. She would not even go upstairs to get dressed. She sat for four hours hours in a bathtub.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know about. I didn't even know this. Yes, and I'm going to tell you something.
Speaker 2: I we were out for four hours archery lake all that, So I'm just thinking, like four hours waiting.
Speaker 3: I mean, I couldn't have done what you did.
Speaker 2: Like if I was getting a pregnancy test, I would be sprinting to you like I went done it, but but no, you that takes a lot of control. So it was but it was beautiful because it was it was us, and it was that moment.
Speaker 3: And I'll always remember it forever.
Speaker 1: I love you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, I am equally excited that that we get to share this surprise and you're going to obviously share it with Lisa, somebody that had such a big effect.
Speaker 3: On your life.
Speaker 2: And I think that it just brings life full circle.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I always say that in business and life, we're always coming full circle in some aspect. And I feel like today, you know, you were a host at sir Yeah, and now you're having a baby and Lisa, who gave you just an incredible opportunity, you know, in your career to jump started.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's someone who was twenty three years old, a little bit of a loose cannon, really living her best life, to someone who came into her own and now is like having her own baby. It's pretty intense and crazy.
Speaker 2: I am very excited for us, but I'm also very excited for you and Lisa to have this moment and without Ado, we're going to take a quick break and then you are going to bring us back with the great Lisa vander Plump.
Speaker 1: Love it. We are back with my queen Bee, Miss Lisa vander Pump.
Speaker 4: So good to see you.
Speaker 1: We miss you.
Speaker 4: I miss you too. I mean, at first it was that she like a bit of a break from everybody who holds crazy. But now I really miss your naughtiness.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm so happy that you say that, because I kind of miss my naughtiness too. I look in the mirror and I'm like, what's happened to you? You're so normal now.
Speaker 4: So you started to go on the normal trajectory in the last year or so. Okay, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, Lisa, I agree with that. Twelve months, she's been on that trajectory no more.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that's true. Well I I kind of knew her before you did. Really, so I've got all the juice.
Speaker 2: Okay, I live in my best life.
Speaker 1: I didn't give my damn your.
Speaker 3: Best life is with me.
Speaker 4: Well, I always had a very soft spot in my heart for La La, and even once she kind of left for a little bit, I kind of chased her back in. You know, I always knew you were capable of great things.
Speaker 1: I Lisa, I just love and adore you for saying that. And you know it's funny, before you came on you really did you know? You're the reason why I am not learn from Utah anymore, and that I'm freaking lalac kent because you gave me an opportunity that changed my entire life. So I want you to know that I'm extremely grateful for you, and I always have so much love in my heart for you.
Speaker 4: You know what, I really appreciate you saying that, because I do feel I've given a lot of youngsters, you know, such a good platform, and sometimes they don't always appreciate it. But I'll tell you what, La, La, you would be going places with or without me.
Speaker 3: Ah, No, you would.
Speaker 4: You're that kind of girl. You know, you're bright, you're beautiful, and it would be rude if you didn't go somewhere. Because you know you're who you are. You've got to make most of it right.
Speaker 3: I agree, I love you.
Speaker 2: I want to say something, Lisa, you know you would become You and Ken obviously very good friends of ours. You've been with all the stuff about me going on the show and not going on the show, you were always a friend of me. You always made me feel comfortable and made me feel safe, and finally got to a place where you said to me, it's time you need to do this and it will be okay.
Speaker 4: And you did well because you know you were like a pigment of La LA's imagination. We can only talk about somebody for so long and then they have to make an appear rance. And the more important you became in her life, the more important it became to the show. So then I felt that she was taking heat because you weren't part of it. Because it's like, people are never interested in what you've got to say. They're interested in what you've got to hide. They always want the secret, you know what I'm saying. So I think it was good that you actually finally came out of the reality closet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Randa had to learn that the hard way, where like I would tell him, I'm like, because no one knows, like if you're made up or not. People are really dying to know who you are. Now they know who he is, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, don't care. Sounds it's great.
Speaker 1: You know, his Instagram following is slowly creating.
Speaker 4: Embraced you though, people embraced.
Speaker 1: You, They really did, Yeah they did.
Speaker 4: And also you.
Speaker 6: Were getting a bad rap from James when he was in his psycho face and he was kind of saying it was a difficult, you know, at that time, kind of playground to kind of jump into.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a different time, and I think when I came in, every body was kind of leveling off and people.
Speaker 3: Really embraced me. And you were right.
Speaker 2: Had I maybe gone on a few years before, maybe it would have been easier. But at the end of the day, I just my whole life was behind the scenes and it was just what I knew.
Speaker 4: Well, also, your life is more complicated then, and everything probably needed to settle down before you could. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Would you say your life is less complicated now.
Speaker 4: Well it could only get more complicated.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I like to make things very difficult, dramatic. I crave like a dramatic moment because you know, I grew up in the arts.
Speaker 4: Hey, where where's your nails?
Speaker 1: I don't have them?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're gonna be so pragged mind. Look wow tu, I'm grown and oh my seen the manicured months.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, you did that on your own.
Speaker 4: I did it all on my own.
Speaker 1: It's insane to me. Lisa vander Pump is wealthy af and she does all this shit by herself. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen. She's like in her restaurants with the flowers.
Speaker 4: I'm like she used to be before COVID. I'll tell you what, five months of paying rent and insurance and this and having no business is taxing, stretching. You know, it's a bit of a nightmare. But we'll get back on track soon.
Speaker 2: I just want to say something, and I'm leading up to so I had called you and I had said to you that we just have a little surprise, not a big deal, but we wanted to surprise you on the pody.
Speaker 4: You always have a surprise. Where are we going?
Speaker 3: We're going on a trip. You've want to trip to Bermuda.
Speaker 2: No, we could do that too, But I just want to say that, you know, obviously when we started the podcast, and you'll hear, I was telling Laala that you know, you've changed her life. I mean, single handedly giving her the opportunity to be on your show, be in your restaurant, all that stuff has changed her life forever. And I feel like, you know, something beautiful happened to us, and Laala wanted to share it with you first before anybody else. So I leave the floor to Lala again.
Speaker 1: So, after four and a half years that we've been together, of a lot of ups and downs, Lisa vander Pump, I am having a baby. Oh my goodness, a little baby emmy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gosh, how exciting for you guys? A pink one or a blue one? Do we know?
Speaker 3: We do not know yet. Two weeks.
Speaker 1: We'll know that two weeks.
Speaker 4: Want how many weeks saw you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: We're new, we're fresh. We're just approaching ten weeks.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know what? It makes me want to cry, But I don't want to cry because my eye.
Speaker 1: Oh I have been I sob about everything, Lisa, And I'm like, there used to be reasons why I would cry. Now I just break down for no reason.
Speaker 4: Oh, how so, how many weeks saw you? Exactly?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm like a couple of days, shy? I believe of ten weeks?
Speaker 4: Who are you feeling sick?
Speaker 1: I feel nauseous. I only crave corn bread and diet coke and watermelon. So it's okay.
Speaker 4: Drinking diet coat for a start.
Speaker 1: Okay, just.
Speaker 4: A little bit of that, but not too much.
Speaker 2: She threw up a bunch of times this last week. It's been the worst I've seen she's been sick, and it's.
Speaker 4: You know, I can relate to that. I know what that's like. That was a nightmare. I spent the first three months of my head down the toilet with Pandora. I know what that's like. But you look fabulous.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I mean, my hair is getting thicker, which is great. My nails grow like weeds because the prenatles. So I was just really excited because I feel like my life is changing and I feel like you're just a huge part of my life and been in my life. So have a little child, I feel, And now I'm giving birth to a baby in like a few months. That is crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, I'm really happy for you, and I think that this is perfect because I felt happy the fact that the wedding was delayed and you know that. So yeah, this is great. So you know what. I remember the last time I spoke to you, and you were in some awful, ugly pajamas like and I said, oh my god, I said, he's clearly not going to sleep with you. If you.
Speaker 1: Care, then I know. Can I tell you I wear less clothing when I go out in public than I do when I go to bed, which is weird. I should be like dressing sexy for bed, but I'm like said cream and flannels.
Speaker 3: Lisa, feel free to give her some advice.
Speaker 4: It's probably the only girl that wears around the West of Bed and not out to a barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. Yeah I do. I wear little to no clothing out in public to show everyone else that what they're not getting. But it's all, it's all pretend randomly again is either what we clearly has a joke one time, I feel like we have a really healthy sex life.
Speaker 3: We do. And look, you.
Speaker 4: Must have rough keep feeling that wrangle if you only did it one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the fact that we only tried for one month.
Speaker 3: One month, it was basically one month. Really she went off the I U D.
Speaker 2: And then she had this little clock timer and she's like, it's three o'clock on the eleventh, let's go right now.
Speaker 4: And that you couldn't perform like that. You're that kind of mass.
Speaker 1: I'm a rock star with a good enough blow job. Cool stuff.
Speaker 3: We're talking about a newborn.
Speaker 4: You were keeping it clean, remember your mother.
Speaker 3: Lala, We are talking about our new boy.
Speaker 1: I know I have a few months to like whip myself into shape and become a classy.
Speaker 4: Moment they say the baby can hear your voice in there right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh fabulous. I heard that. It was only the tone of the voice, not what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Well, I probably don't think your baby knows what a blowjob is, but I think we need to start the way we mean to go on. And apparently when you're pregn all this, you know, calm and like talking to your baby. It's all about that, none of the mass hysterics or hysteria.
Speaker 2: Lisa, I have a question, can you give us, because obviously you've raised children successfully, what advice do you give La?
Speaker 3: La soon to me, like, what is she what should she know? What are some tips that? Look?
Speaker 4: You know, oh wow, well this is a much bigger conversation, but I yeah, no, but it really is. But I you know what, when I was pregnant with Pandora, I really wasn't that familiar with babies that babysat as a teenager. But I it's not like I had any younger brother's sister. My brother was sixteen months older than me, you know, And I thought what am I going to do with a baby? I really thought, what am I going to do with this baby? And I didn't even really want a baby. I want you to piece it ken, you know, it was just that I was so crazy in love. So I had this baby, and I remember thinking, what am I going to do this baby? Within twenty four hours, I was like, what am I going to do without this baby? That was the bonding. I really felt like that your whole life changes so much and everything's put in perspective. But you know, like say, every moment, I think video as much. You can take as many pictures because you think you're gonna remember every moment, and you don't because it all goes by, and it's also overwhelming. But you know, I don't think you should perpetuate cycles at all. You know how you often talk about when I was younger, this happened to me, and you know, for me, I wasn't in a tactile relationship with my parents. They were very English. They didn't kiss me, bite me, color me that much. So I wanted the opposite to my kids. I got to bed with them every night. I literally there was not one part of their body, not one part of their body that was untouched by me, even to the appointment decency amazing, Candora. I'd make a bend over and I'd bite the back of the knees. I was like a very very physical mother. So you know what I'm like with my dogs, and you're like that with your dogs. You know, you're very loving, very tactile, and I think you're probably gonna be that kind of mother as well. You'll love it.
Speaker 1: I think I'll be obsessed because even just the sonogram that I you know, the few that I have, it looks like a bean and I'm like, oh, it's perfect cute. Yes, But it's so funny that you bring the dogs up. Because when I look at Lily before, before I got pregnant, I used to look at her and I'm like, how could I love anything more than I love this dog? Like not even a child like that too. Yeah, I was like that.
Speaker 4: I was like, I had this beautiful white samoid and I was only twenty five when I had Pandora, and I was just like, I'm gonna love you and you will always be first place. And I said to Ken, the baby's gonna be second place. And as soon as I had the baby, I was just like, down, dad, right, they're gonna be very careful with that. But Keim was actually a really good father as well, you know, with Panny and Max was very very hand and I do think if you go into it with the understanding, but things aren't you know, going to be perfect. There are challenges. Just like any big shift in your dynamic of your relationship, there can be time when you know you're tired and everything's disrupted and physically everything's you know, speaking here and who are and all that stuff. But even though it's the best time of my life, but it's very kind of uprooting, and that's the time you really need his support.
Speaker 1: I love that. On that note, We're going to take a quick break and then I'm going to ask you what Randall can do to help this baby mama out. We'll be right back. We are back with my favorite woman of all time besides my own mama, Lisa vander Pump. Hello, my lad.
Speaker 4: Not your second mama.
Speaker 1: You are like my second mama. That's pretty badass, and it's like, who is your second mom? Lisa vander heard of her. Thank you.
Speaker 4: As I think as we were talking about just before we kind of broke, you know, it's very important that you do realize you go into this and you realize that everything changes, every your priorities change, you know, every single thing every aspect of your life will change, and I don't think you should put too much pressure on yourself to think that it's got to be the fairy tale. You've got to understand that. And I think you know also because sometimes the men also feel as much you want their support, sometimes they feel pushed into second place. Randal is very much a baby and like your undivided attention.
Speaker 2: I can't even get it now, Lisa, I can't even get it now right between the dogs, between the dogs and her mother, I'm like third place. So I'd just like to be in second would be great.
Speaker 4: You're going to be lucky if you're going to be in the top ten movie, you know what. I think you've got to understand that it's your baby together, you know. And Ken isn't demanding like that. His kind of so I was a little bit, you know, he would come in and he'd be like.
Speaker 1: Like huh oh, my gosh. It was like kind of like the opposite where Ken it was like, hey remember me. Yeah, So you said that Ken was very hands on, and I've seen Randall be a dad to his two girls.
Speaker 4: Your girls are gorgeous, by the way, they're gorgeous, lovely, girls. I spent time with him on the plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, bad, that's right.
Speaker 1: How did Ken balance being a husband now a new dad, and his business and make that all work well?
Speaker 4: I mean Ken was lucky like Randal that he has autonomy in his life, so to speak. He can make the decisions, you know. I mean, of course some things have to be done, but it's not like you're in aind of ninety five job where you have to defer to other people. So we could kind of, you know, create our own schedule, even though something's obviously with no commitments. But I think it was the biggest shift to me. I remember our relationship changing a bit, and in one way it's you have to adjust because you know, the nights and things like that and having a baby in the bed and the constant demand. But there's something other that's so incredible. You don't just feel like you're in a relationship. You feel like you're a family. There's something about it that changes, and I think you're just gonna love it. You can be a lovely mother, as I say, I think you can see how people are a lot of people are, you know, as the maternal instincts of the way they interact with animals, and you know, and I know we usually what cames like with Jiggy that's.
Speaker 2: A great example, Yeah, because he's heat babies, heat babies, you're you know he babies or dogs like their children.
Speaker 4: Yes, and we did have disagreements like Ken would you know, I think with the children growing up, I was probably a little stricter whereas Ken, especially Pandora being the first go because he had a son, you know, prior, like his son was fifteen when I met him, he being divorced and he had his son custom of his son, so he knew a lot more about kind of raising babies and children than I did. But yeah, he's he spoilt a little bit.
Speaker 3: I don't do that.
Speaker 4: He wanted to be the good guy all the time.
Speaker 1: If I don't want, I'm not Lord have mercy. That is Randall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're going to be the good guy. Lala's going to be the bad guy.
Speaker 3: Say oh yeah, oh no, no, it's already like that.
Speaker 2: As a stepmom, I'm like I'm like go to Target buy everything, and Lala's like one.
Speaker 1: Thing each Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I definitely I respect La lot because I know that she's very discipline in that perspective. That's going to be great for me because she's been really goo rate with my girls and helping me be more discipline. Because I'm very similar to Ken. I'm like, I want to just I think it's all the time.
Speaker 1: I feel like kids in Beverly Hills can get spoiled very quickly and not understand how hard it is to make a dollar to go out and buy things. So when I watch Randall just like spending money on things that is, I'm like, they need to know that it's hard to go out and just buy things.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Oh.
Speaker 1: Mama has a job, so I'm allowed to buy whatever I want.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, No, No, I agree with you. Well, you see my kids. You saw them, you know, you see max waiting tables, you see Handy weaighted tables all through college. I had a job since I was thirteen. I think you do them a favor, instill values. But you know what, that's going to come so much later. You don't need to worry about No, I don't need to worry about year. Just kiss that little I'm hoping for you, hoping for a boy.
Speaker 3: Or a girl, healthy, healthy?
Speaker 1: Hell no, So if we're being like you know.
Speaker 3: If we have a perfect, healthy child.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was like a boy. I've always pictured myself having a boy first, and I feel like I have two girls already. I get to do the girl thing. I can't. We need more male energy in house. There's a lot of girls wanting to play with La LA's weave and her makeup, and it's like, I need a boy. I need some trucks around a football. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, you see, Yeah, when I when I was pregnant with Pandora, I wanted a girl so badly. Ken said, you want the girl so badly that baby would change sex incidity, and everyone said, all the way you're carrying, it's going to be a boy, and I was like, no, I want a pink one. I think it was more about being pink. It was going to be like a girl or a gay boy. You know, he just had to be. I was gonna address it in like a pink fluffy suit regardless, you know. Right. So when I had Cesarean and so you know, I was way through the whole thing and they is a but the girl. I remember it was just but at that time it wouldn't have mattered, you know, when it really comes to it. But yeah, ideally that's what I wanted. I think that was because Ken, like Randall, he had to goes. Ken had a boy, and so I wanted to give him a daughter and they were all boys, not family.
Speaker 7: Ah, and then little baby Pandora. Yeah, and you know what, You're so right about what you said, how Max waited tables. Pandora works her butt off with your companies that you have everything. And I remember on one of the episodes you were like, no, Max is not a manager.
Speaker 1: What he just gets to be a manager because he's my son. Yeah, work a little harder and maybe you'll get promoted. It was freaking awesome.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. I've been criticized so much about so many things, and I don't care because you know, I've raised and it's like all through COVID, Max has been in Idaho working with autistic children and right really you know, like wow, yeah, yeah, like working two or to sit young people, and he's been you know, he's just a very giving person and he's a very kind person. Now he's volunteer volunteering at the vand Pump Dog Foundation. But I don't know, it's just how you raise them. It's so important that you instill those values you you really give them the best chance in life. And for me spoiling them, I mean, of course I spoiled them, but I remember I got so much crap on Housewives. I shouldn't talk about this. Bring the crap up again, But I don't care bringing everybody oh yeah, when he's electricity was cut off, and they were like, well, I said, no, I work all the time. I work really hard, and you know, you can pare your own electricity bill. And I'm sorry if you've got a lighter candle and take a cold shower until you you know, like, if you're only working four shifts a week, no, you go do it. And a lot of people criticized me for that, but I don't care. I'm like, my kids are being spoiled. They've always got place to come to, you know, I love it.
Speaker 3: They've always got a roof over their head, and they've all yes.
Speaker 4: And now I did buy them both, you know, gave them the deposit for a place to live, and they both have a mortgage, you know, and Laura and Jason have a mortgage and Max has a mortgage. I just gave them, you know, a health, a start, but I like them to have their responsibilities. I think it's the best thing could do. But not when they're just born. Ala, you do not need to tell them to go get their own.
Speaker 1: The segment comes out, you better start earning your keep exactly out there and get a job.
Speaker 4: Are you going to breastfeed?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I want to do it all. I just don't want to turn into a cow, you know, just like totally. And you know, I feel very grateful that it did not take me very long to get pregnant. I have friends that have been trying to get pregnant for years. And then, you know, you just think when you have a baby, you're gonna breast feed. And there are women who their baby just cannot seem to attach and they feel like the bond isn't there. There's like so many things that you just think are gonna happen. I'm gonna get older, have a baby, breastfeed, do the whole thing, and so I just like I want to take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would love to have just a very easy experience being you know, a human cass. Oh, you know, like the baby is like right on the nipple.
Speaker 4: Popping in pantsy. I mean I yeah, I pressed that and it was very easy for me and thank god for that. But only for a few months, you know, but it was yeah, it was good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. These women that have their baby on the tit at like literally a year and a half. I'm like, this is getting a little weird. We should try to wean them off.
Speaker 4: Now when they're opening your shirt the buttons and standing up to do.
Speaker 1: It, that is so funny.
Speaker 4: I know. But you know what I'm all about. You've got to do what's right for you. You've got to do what's right for your family, you know. And I think everybody kind of makes different choices and that's good too. But I'm very happy for you, and you know, it's good to see you kind.
Speaker 1: Of well, we're excited that you got to share this moment with us.
Speaker 4: Who else knows?
Speaker 1: I mean, I would just say my close friends and family, not very much.
Speaker 2: I'd say probably six people total, like recently, just because you know, we weren't sure.
Speaker 3: We want to make sure everything was healthy. But that's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're you're you're probably the the you're number seven probably in and I was just family.
Speaker 4: So you know, and you have you had any tests or not have you you just had a blood test.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did my blood work. Everything seems to be looking great.
Speaker 3: And now I just heart beat. How it's above and healthy.
Speaker 1: The heartbeat is fantastic. And now I just sit here and pray every day that everything goes smoothly and I just deliver a healthy child in April.
Speaker 4: Oh April, so probably be a tourist. Maybe tourists.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, the uh the birthstone for an April baby is a diamond, So you know what I've been asking for my push prizent diamonds. Oh really, of course you don't have enough lace me this old thing, this old thing, I don't think. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: It's sweating.
Speaker 3: Look, yeah, now that okay.
Speaker 2: So I have a couple of questions because I know, you know, in COVID we've all been doing different things and you're normally wrapped with Vander pump by now onto six other shows. But I saw on the trades you had announced a new show that you're doing, so I'd love to just hear a few things about what you have going on New Dogs with Peacocks.
Speaker 4: Well, there's just so much story there because every day there's a different poignant story or heart. Well you know that, Lala, You've been there, So it's gonna be show You're on Peacock and it's it would be about all the individual stories about the people, about the dogs and their past and trying to you know, match the right dog with the right person. And there's a lot of very interesting people out there that you know, come to I mean, you saw we've been involved with a bedroom program and things like that training dogs. So I just think it would be a beautiful show because having lived it, the experience and being part of it and the incredible team I have a band of pump dogs. I just think there's just so many stories to tell. So yeah, I think it was a natural kind of progression for us, and it's it's very exciting.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled about this new show. I mean, you you take anything vander Pump and already it turns to gold and then you throw puppies and dogs in and I'm like, okay, you got me hooked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's a show that you and I would definitely watch, La La of course, Yeah, because all those stories and the things that we've seen over the years, and I just think that, yeah, it's a feel good Factor show. Of course, there's going to be some very kind of you know moments. Sometimes it can be difficult and rescue, of course. I mean some of the things we've seen have been extraordinary the way people, you know, have treated animals in the past. That that's what a rescue center does and is and steps in. But very a lot of feel good, feel good stories, and I'm going to be happy to share that. I've been really busy doing everything. I've just started my podcast Congratulations.
Speaker 1: By the way, when does your first episode air? Do you have an ear date?
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be on the fourteenth September. Wow, I know, yeah, yeah, it's it's an interesting time.
Speaker 3: Lisa.
Speaker 2: When do you because you're on the forefront of restaurants in Los Angeles obviously you own a lot of restaurants in Nevada here or whatever. When do you see the world of restaurants coming back? I mean, do you see it soon?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: Outdoor eating is a very common thing, and that's where I eat well.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're lucky with the fact that when we do decide to open, we have really good sized patios, which is very unusual, like pump is almost you know, it's like ninety percent garden Tom. Tom has two big gardens and we'll be able to put the table and chairs outside, and so has a great, you know, big garden at the back, and we'll probably be able to go out with the pavement as well. So we're very fortunate with that. But we've just been waiting for it to be safe, you know, really, and when I keep seeing the numbers going up, I want every single person, do not let this be political. Wear a mask. You know, it's just like unless you're tested with my podcast, we get tested, you know things. Put it all social distancing. Just be responsible because you know, also Ken's older than me, sixteen years old of me, so I'm very protective of him. We know the city sticks get worse as you get older, or health conditions. I mean he's very healthy. But you know it's an utmost parity. I mean, I have been very busy here. We're open in Vegas. That's you know, kind of running probably. I mean it's running really well.
Speaker 1: But don't tell Randall that he'll he'll fuel the jet and we'll go there just dinner.
Speaker 6: I mean, no, no, no, no, you stay there righta.
Speaker 1: You be careful now, oh, no, I don't leave. I don't leave my house, Lisa. It's a rare occasion that I get out of the bed.
Speaker 2: I'm very I'm very protective of her with COVID more so than before. You know, we always wear masks, We're always very conservative, and we're tested every week just because of the business we're in. But now I tell her, like, Babe, you must be like super hyper alert because I.
Speaker 4: Know, even if I've seen friends, and I haven't seen that many people at all, We've been very, very isolated and keeping this whole place going because I'm on my own here you can see. I mean, I do a good job, but it's like it's a lot. Oh, I'm sure things I've been doing. I mean, God, what was I saying. I can't remember what I was saying.
Speaker 1: Protecting ourselves I pump or Vanner pump Garden being open.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean vand Pump Garden is open, as I say, But distance the thing is essential, and Caesars are doing a really good job of that. I've got so many other things that I need to start and things in the pipeline that are exciting, so I just want to get this over and done with. But you know, if we just adhere to the guidelines and kind of you know, stop kind of breaking the rules, I think it will pass a lot quicker and hopefully a vaccine will be around the corner.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm very grateful.
Speaker 2: I looked at the numbers today, like LA is now going down, down, down, down, So I just hope that we continue that trend and not go crazy and open everything up right away, like let's see.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm very cognizant of you know, so many people that work for us, work for us for years. I want to make sure every everybody's safe. You know, it's not just about the customers and saying, oh if we're all safe and everything and where it's about the people that work for us, you know, really like they've put themselves. So we've just been kind of waiting, you know, really just watching it and we want to see the numbers kind of really slide down because it kind of had a bit of a spike and were about to open and then we think, you know, so I think soon. I think New York is looking in really good shape in terms of the virus, not with everything.
Speaker 2: Else and also Florida, which was really bad. My mother just called me and told me they've opened restaurant side, so they've gone down.
Speaker 4: I think they were getting something like two thousand a day now compared to only a few weeks ago. They're getting twelve exactly. Yeah, and UK is getting back to normal. I just think soon. But I uh, it's been it's been tough. I mean, having a business close for this long, you know, it's not just as I said in the reunion, it's not just a job. It's our life, bro. So just being kind of inside and I'm so lucky because if I was going to be anywhere, it would be exactly in this house. It's been amazing, you know, with the view and everything, even though it's been a lot to keep going. But I just want to get everybody back to work, you know. I think everybody wants to get back to work. It's the malaise of being at home boredom, you know. Yeah, yea.
Speaker 2: And people don't realize the stress because obviously I'm a business owner too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just you're.
Speaker 4: Still going to pay the rents and insurance.
Speaker 2: You've got to pay your It's brutal, crazy.
Speaker 3: It's brutal. So I'm very fortunate.
Speaker 2: We're just getting back to work right now, and I'm saying, people like the appreciation the crew of the movie that I'm shooting right now, that the level of appreciation I think people have today, and I think in your world as they come back, it's going to be you're never going to take for granted going to work again.
Speaker 3: At least I will.
Speaker 2: Never complain about traffic or or going away. I'm not saying just you know, it's the appreciation.
Speaker 4: Well, I think if we also understand that you look at what kind of are my parents, what they went through in their generation, you know, in the Second World War and what they had to go through and being evacuated and the houses bombed and kind of or other pandemics when thirty million people have died or you know, it's it's I think, if we can get through this and this is the worst thing that we have to do with, certainly the worst thing that I've had to deal with in my lifetime. Of course, we saw the horrors of nine to eleven over here. I lived in Europe at the time, and we've seen you know, I grew up with kind of terrorism and things, you know, in the UK, but seeing on this global this global pandemic has been really devastating. You know. Yeah, I think it's made a lot of people, given a lot of people time for reflection of what's important. And you know, another thing, having lost my brother to suicide and being an advocate, you know, for the kind of for the Trevor Project, I really want to encourage people. If anybody's of course, somebody's listening to I feel like it's just the three of us having an intimate conversation. You know, They've got to reach out, you know, because having lost my brother and you think, my god, you know, there are so many people. Mental health is so kind of prevalent right now, people not knowing what to do, and you've got to reach out. There are people Trevor Project or suicide hotlines, you know, reach out to people, do FaceTime with people.
Speaker 3: What is a number of the Trevor Project? Is there a number?
Speaker 4: I don't know of quite heart, It's on my Instagram. I just did another PSA for them, but you know, yeah, it's really really I never thought it would affect my life, but yeah, I've just been an advocate for them, and I just think, you know, this with the homeless as well, being such an advocate. But you know, it's difficult times for people. So I said, everybody who's listening watching all my love, you know, I want everybody and you, guys, I'm so happy for you. I always said you make a great couple.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you for being such a beautiful part of our life. We love you so much.
Speaker 4: Okay, real quick, guys, a wonderful mother.
Speaker 3: Wait, real quick.
Speaker 2: The Trevor Project is one eight six six four eight eight seven three eight six again one eight sixty six four eight eight seven three eight six. If you're going through anything or have any thoughts in depression or taking your own.
Speaker 3: Life, please reach me hotline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just please reach out, call somebody, call Suitside Prevention. There there are people that want to hear your voice and help. And it doesn't matter what you're going.
Speaker 4: Through it because this will pass. You have to always remember there is light at the end of the chunnel. That's one thing, you know. It was very difficult for me to focus on when I asked my brother, You've got to look at that light at the end of the chunnel, and we've got to kind of walk towards it, march towards it.
Speaker 1: We love Lisa than.
Speaker 4: When you said you had some news. This was the news.
Speaker 3: I was hoping.
Speaker 1: We love that love it, Lisa, you're the best ever. We'll talk soon, okay.
Speaker 4: Lots of love to both of you, okay, and let's see each other very very soon.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that was that was awesome. I mean, you know it was.
Speaker 1: It's still very so real, and I just want to thank all of you guys who listen, you guys who watch vander Pump Rules, those of you who follow me on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I am happy, maybe a little too happy. Your love and support means a lot to me, and I'm really excited to share my journey of becoming a mom with you guys. So I love you all very much. I hope you enjoyed this episode of Give Them Lala with Randall and be prepared because this bang in bod is about to change very rapidly. I'm sorry, I still have to give them La La.
Speaker 3: It's it's give them La La with baby.
Speaker 1: Oh. You're getting the boot. You're getting the boot. I love it. We'll catch you guys next week