Speaker 1: NFL Game Deyview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Welcome to Game Deview, presented by Caesar Sportsbook Patrick Claib.
Speaker 3: I'm back here with Greg.
Speaker 2: Rosenthal and Cynthia Freeland. This is a smile because it happened thing, because this is the final one of the season, because we're all got one football game left, Guys.
Speaker 4: I am excited for it though.
Speaker 5: It's the two best teams and we also get to celebrate the best of the best when it comes to picking games. Here she is the Kansas City Chiefs of Game Deview, Cynthia Freeland, wearing her Champagne colored shirt to celebrate and dunk.
Speaker 4: On us didn't. I just like the shirt, guy, it is great. I just thought it was cool.
Speaker 2: It's a nice shirt that the glass metaphor does a whole true for Cynthia in the playoffs because she is rocking the crown.
Speaker 3: I guess Greg. Greg went double.
Speaker 2: Like swings for the fences in conference championship week, so that's why he is currently sitting at six and six. So roll fifty seven wasn't eight games, So glad we get to run it back for the rematch, we'll start by talking about our players to watch on the Chiefs offense, and I don't kick it off and discuss the oft non discussed factor Patrick Mahomes, because sometimes he seemed like a given, like the tides.
Speaker 3: And their connection to the moon.
Speaker 2: But the fact that we have a planetary sized object orbiting us that's the perfect distance for solar eclipses is totally locked.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 2: Just like a quarterback playing in his fifth Super Bowl before he turns thirty years old.
Speaker 3: What are the differences? Though?
Speaker 2: In the playoffs hes scrambled on fifteen percent of his dropbacks compared.
Speaker 3: To just five in the regular season.
Speaker 2: It's so difficult to just dial it up and be a different football player in a different circumstance, But year after year he doesn't.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he's the player to watch because he's Patrick Mahomes. He feels obvious.
Speaker 6: Well, you talk about him scrambling in the postseason. Some changes we see from the regular to postseason. How about Xavier Worthies opportunity here? Not only is he now the motion man, the guy we see running ahead of the snap, but also they've adjusted his average depth of target down, so they're asking him to use a lot more yack. That's where they're leveraging Xavier Worthy's speed. Before it was like over eleven air yards per attempt that was the target. Now it's like less than half of that. So let's see him in motion. Let's see what happens with the ball in his hands. Let's see all that yak in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: I don't think people realize how good Worthy is that he could be to me as good of a player as let's say, DeVonta Smith is like a future number one type of guy.
Speaker 4: So she stole the guy I wanted.
Speaker 5: But when I was watching Xavier Worthy, I kept seeing this other blinding light running down the field and his name was Hollywood Brown, and it occurred to me for the first time. All season, this Chiefs team was fast. They were the slowest team in the NFL. They really were all season long. And people are like, oh, the Chiefs were playing Oki dok all season. We'll get into it throughout the course of this show. No, they're a different team now than they were before. You have two really fast receivers testing downfield coverage, and Marky sprown is going to really determine this game.
Speaker 4: Because Patrick then of the Ravens.
Speaker 3: That's a dangerous situation.
Speaker 4: It could be up, it could be down. He could have a big drop.
Speaker 5: As a Ravens fan, he was there watching sometimes when Marky's Brown didn't make that catch. But I'm telling you he has been getting open and his speed, combined with worthy speed, has transformed this offense from a station to station group to one that has a lot of explosion.
Speaker 2: Let's flip it over to the defensive side of the ball. Who do you have your eye on Cynthia as the player to watch on defense?
Speaker 6: Well, there's a lot to watch, but I'm looking specifically at Justin Reid in this matchup, we know they're going to have to account for sake one, we know that they're going to have to account for outside the numbers passes to aj Brown.
Speaker 7: Well, what about the middle of the.
Speaker 6: Field, what about where Dallas gutter might potentially be? We know that this is the best tackling defense in the NFL. If you're looking at the next gen stat that's how many missed tackles or missed tackle rate, It is the lowest for any team. It's like ten point seven percent, so sub eleven percent. Now, what kind of holes and what kind of sacrifices will you have to make?
Speaker 7: Are you going to blitz a lot?
Speaker 6: Are you going to drop back a little bit more hurt?
Speaker 7: Are you going to stack the box? What's going on?
Speaker 6: Well, you're going to need the guys in the back, so you're going to need the safeties, you need the course to really be playing chess when everyone's playing checkers.
Speaker 7: And Justin Reid also won the chess championship this year, so I'm just.
Speaker 4: Saying, wait, what chess championship.
Speaker 6: Chess dot com does a chess championship. Every Drew Tranquill won last year, Justin Reid ran won this year.
Speaker 7: So they're fast, best checkers.
Speaker 5: They're smart, and he was a guy who missed some time this year too, So that's another reason why they're better now than they were. Another reason is that Chris Jones is playoff Chris Jones. We talk about Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid and Spags is kind of the three weight buried walls of the Chiefs. You got to put Chris Jones in that mix. I'm not saying he's doing an okie doke, but I do think Chris Jones in the playoffs and Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs are even better.
Speaker 4: They're breaking out things he didn't see.
Speaker 5: And what we saw from Chris Jones in the first half of that Bills game was a game changing, game winning performance. He helped get them that lead.
Speaker 4: And he's so.
Speaker 5: Rare because he's out there on the edge beating tackles like Spencer Brown, who's a great player one on one, so he'll be inside, he'll be outside.
Speaker 4: He's the rare guy who can make an Eagles offensive lineman look bad as good as they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one person on this show that we refer to as a person who doesn't occasionally tell the truth. I'm calling on the entire Chiefs roster when they talk about all we don't think about the three feet To be able to have this level sustained success, you have to prepare your bodies and be willing to change things up to be here in the playoffs. Chris Jones, Patrick Mahomes, I'll fall into that. A guy who made a big play in the last Super Bowl, Nick Bolton. We think about the Eagles and the Chiefs flying up and down the field in the second half, it was Nick Bolton picking up that ball. Of course, as Andy Reid said, don't open any night.
Speaker 3: Ball's not round.
Speaker 2: They bounced sometimes they bounced directly to Nick Bolton. I think if Nick Bolton playing against this Eagles run attack, not just Saquon, but all of the connections that they play with up front.
Speaker 3: If they are wrong a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Twenty six is run into the end zone by himself, they have to have an A game. If they have a B game, I think the Chiefs don't have an opportunity here.
Speaker 3: So I think Nick Bolton is is my player to watch.
Speaker 2: Let's move on, take a peek at the Super Bowl leading receiver odds. Travis Kelcey, of course, had the big one last time out. AJ Brown the odds on favorite at plus one pint eighty to lead the game in receiving the Xavier worthy a Hanse Smith down there. So let's discuss Cynthia Who's going to be the game's top pass catcher.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm gonna go a little chalky here, and I'm going to say that it is in fact AJ Brown in large part because of what we've seen outside the numbers, especially in recent games, those outside of the numbers passes have been where Jalen Hurts has been on a freaking heater, and that's where aj Brown will have a huge physical mismatch against pretty much anyone in the league that tries to match up against him, but especially if number twenty two Trent mcdohughey isn't on him, that's where he'll had a chance to absolutely eat. But again, outside of the numbers passes, that's.
Speaker 7: Going to be a difference maker in this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going Xavier Worthy because he's the guy catching the passes from Patrick Mahomes and he's the clear one right now in his number is one that tud It's true, he's just gonna get a lot of targets. They really scheme their offense up to specifically get Xavier Worthy looks in a way that I don't think they will for any other player on that team.
Speaker 4: He is making contested catches, he.
Speaker 5: Has the faith of his head coach and his quarterback, which I don't think he had early in the season.
Speaker 4: And even though nobody asked me, just.
Speaker 5: Like for a little underdog pick, Dallas Goddard's kind of sneaky in there at plus eight hundred. If you were going to go on the other side, I think that would be like a fun underdog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about the guy who was the leading receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles in this game in Super Bowl fifty seven back in Glendale. Now DeVante Smith is in his home state of Louisiana. He probably has a similar performance, going for over one hundred yards. He's played against the Spags chief defense three times in his career, one of the being in the Super Bowl. The totals are three hundred and twenty one yards in those three games. I think DeVante Smith is a leading receiver.
Speaker 3: It's a surprise. We're not going to tell people.
Speaker 2: Let's die been to some fun prop bets with some quick picks here on game Dave, you first won, Cynthia.
Speaker 3: Will the opening coin toss be heads or tails?
Speaker 7: Well it's tails?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 6: Well, just so you know, in fifty eight Super Bowls, thirty times it's in tails, twenty eight, it's been heads. In the past six it's gone evenly heads and tails. I don't actually have any reason other than I just prefer tails him fails. It's a lot of fun. But you can tell your friends thirty tails, twenty eight heads.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 7: You'll be the hit of your party.
Speaker 2: It's like those people staring intently at the history on the Roulett wheel.
Speaker 3: What do we think about the first Goddess? Core? Greg? Will his jersey number be higher than ten and a half?
Speaker 5: I'm saying no, we Gonta Smith, we got Zavier Worthy, Xavier one, Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 4: Jalen Hurts was what did it for?
Speaker 7: Twenty six?
Speaker 4: Though? Is twenty six is a high number?
Speaker 5: But you know who scored more rushing touchdowns than twenty six this year?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 7: Number one?
Speaker 5: Does it count if it's a passing touchdout? I guess not either receiver? Do we have any receivers under other than well?
Speaker 3: It's six? But then I think becomes a problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, eleven becomes a really big problem.
Speaker 6: I went with the numbers here, eleven, twenty six, eighty seven. I just went with how many people I think could catch a touchdown, and that's why I went with more higher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Greg, Greg's got Hollywood good.
Speaker 4: I'm going to number five, Hollywood Brown tig.
Speaker 2: Play love it, make it as painful as possible. Who's gonna go for to Cynthia? Will there be a successful two point conversion on Sunday in New Orleans?
Speaker 6: The answer is Yes, this is the year of two point conversions. This is the year where the analytics says, actually just means we're going forward on I don't know, fourth down two point conversions, all of these things. I think the two point conversion will be a strategic point. We all agree across the board meme alert us away you anti two point conversion people, We are.
Speaker 7: Saying yes to this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the production crew, hight them and everyone back there for bringing back these great memories of all the influential two point conversions, right which led to that Patriots, Falcons come back and some big ones obviously in Chiefs Eagles. I think there's some analysis to be made here, which is that these are two teams that have found the religion on fourth down and to be two point conversions very close to similar down.
Speaker 4: You're gonna go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very good at it as well. It helps. It can't be bad. It just go for it.
Speaker 2: You have to be good at it, yeah, because you're probably not scoring the touchdown in the first place. If that's the case. On the gatoray bath, fantastic tradition. We love it. We're powered by it.
Speaker 3: Greg what color is it going to be for the winning car?
Speaker 5: Well, every year I picked green. This year they didn't even give me an option as green.
Speaker 4: I'm colorblind.
Speaker 5: Another way of the NFL really doesn't think about our color blind people out there.
Speaker 4: I'm going blue, though, we're going blue.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's the freeze blue or it's just blue. They have a couple of different shades of blue, so that gave is blue an advantage.
Speaker 7: So here's the thing I need.
Speaker 4: To tell you.
Speaker 6: The last time the Eagles won, it was yellow. The past two seasons it was purple for the Chiefs.
Speaker 7: Does that change anything for you, Greg.
Speaker 4: No, this is a ridiculous question.
Speaker 6: But orange, if you really think about fade orange, it's not gonna be orange.
Speaker 5: Drop things if like you really drilled down to it. Because I hear someone say like, oh, Mahomes has hit his rushing prop five out of six. I mean, there's probably not any more indicative than yellow or blue size.
Speaker 6: I think people are superstitious and the orange. Then the next year when they lost the Super Bowl, I heard a rumor it's orange there too.
Speaker 7: So I'm thinking fade orange.
Speaker 4: But yellow was.
Speaker 7: The Eagles last time.
Speaker 6: Different regime, But if you really think it's the cheese probably purple superstition.
Speaker 4: Three year old.
Speaker 2: Maybe get some insight in what the player said on their favorite Gatorade flavor, because the one that gets dumped on the coach is the one that didn't get consumed.
Speaker 3: During the game.
Speaker 2: So something considered last year's Super Bowl went to overtime, Well this year somethingle no oh.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, we've had a couple recently, but I think in this game it's gonna come down to a game winning drive. But I don't necessarily think it will be extra football. I think we are ending with sixty minutes of regulation.
Speaker 5: I like the the no, the no right there for New Orleans. It's style lies, It's beautiful. We got a lot of work to do here. It's a central time zone game. We're gonna have postgame coverage, We're gonna do an NFL Daily podcast. Let's have a great game in regulation. We don't need any overtime.
Speaker 2: That's like those rules, sixty minutes for the rest of our lives. Before we go, we gotta go backwards, we gotta go way back. In Week one, one of us nailed their Super Bowl prediction. The other two not so much. Well, we did see them before because you said they were going to happen, so they happened.
Speaker 7: Congratulation, Blind girl finds a nut wining the picks.
Speaker 5: If you had actually put down that that prop of this exact matchup, you wouldn't even be watching right now because you'd be so rich.
Speaker 2: We's forty five hundred at the start of the season.
Speaker 4: I'm bad, not bad, A pretty solid pick.
Speaker 2: Time for home field advantage presented by Zillow DeVante Smith's hometown of Amy City, just an hour outside of New Orleans.
Speaker 3: A fun fact, it's.
Speaker 2: On the Amy River, which they call it the Emit River in Mississippi, so the name changes as it goes through Louisiana.
Speaker 3: It's Amy. So it's going to be.
Speaker 2: A homecoming for Smitty, the Heisman Trophy winner.
Speaker 3: But what's his number going to be?
Speaker 2: Cynthia Well Davonte Smith have over or under fifty one and a half receiving yards on Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 7: Oh, I really like that one. My model has like fifty six. You know, I'm a conservative modeler.
Speaker 6: I think this could be one where we see one of these deep catches for at least nineteen and a half yards all in one play.
Speaker 7: In fact, I really.
Speaker 6: Like that if you're picking up what I'm putting down, but ultimately over fifty one and a half total yards, foh show.
Speaker 5: I think one difference between this Chiefs team now in a couple of years ago is the questions at the outside cornerback position. You know McDuffie's good there, but he's better in the slot. So when he is in the slot, then Jalen Watson, who's returned, I just don't think they're maybe as strong as they were a couple of years back when it was Lagarious Snead out there each and every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, having a couple of options definitely helps. So it's going to be a lot on McVey. Speaking of Devonte Smith, let's talk about some more guys on this Eagles offense to watch.
Speaker 3: Who do you have your eyes on?
Speaker 4: Greg Well?
Speaker 5: Why not start with the quarterback Jalen Hurts, who is coming off his best game I thought of the season in the Conference championship game. So let's just remember his best game of his career I believe was in the Super Bowl. His best game of this season is in the Conference championship game. That's a big game player and he is the biggest X factor in the entire game because when he's getting rid of the ball quickly and his time to throw in that NFC Championship was the second fastest since Week eight. In making quick decisions, He's an accurate thrower, He's a very talented thrower, especially outside the numbers, and he has good players around him.
Speaker 4: They're going to be very difficult to stop.
Speaker 5: But when he's holding on to the ball and he's not making quick decisions, and maybe Spagnolo confuses the offensive line or him, then things get a little hairy.
Speaker 4: But if you get that Jalen.
Speaker 5: Hurts from the NFC Championship game, like watch out Eagles offense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean what happens with Jalen Hurts. The best thing is the combination.
Speaker 7: Just kind of like us, right, we need our teammates together. Patrick's are O lying, You're Jalen Hurst.
Speaker 6: I'm Saquon Barkley, and that's who I'm looking for in this matchup. Obviously, I told you before the Chiefs are the.
Speaker 7: Best tackling defense. But this guy is the yuck guy.
Speaker 6: This guy is the guy who's taking the ball to the outside, taking the ball to the inside.
Speaker 7: Catching the ball.
Speaker 6: He's kind of the do everything guy, and now they're giving him all of these yards before contact.
Speaker 7: Have you seen those quads?
Speaker 6: Do you know what happens when he gets a full head of steam and then runs into you much harder to bring down.
Speaker 7: There's so many.
Speaker 6: Great stats about Saquon Barkley and so many fun things that you could say, but the one that I'm looking at specifically in this matchup is how many times, once he's reached his full speed that he's been able to get at least.
Speaker 7: Five yards more after contact.
Speaker 6: And news alert, spoiler alert, it's even more than Derek Henry this woo. It's by far and away the most. That's why those explosive players are working. That's why he's getting those extra you know, really long rushes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he almost doubles his yards before contact best season ever, like double what he was able to do in his best season against UH playing for the New York Giants. I've got another piece of this offense, one that we kind of sometimes forget, and that's Dallas Goddard and what he brings for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Perhaps had the worst performance on Super Bowl Opening Night when he was asked what his favorite Taylor Swift song, and he said, don't go chasing waterfalls, Dallas. The name of the song is just Waterfalls. Is a TLC song. It's legendary. I'll give him an excuse because maybe we show our age a little bit, but he is.
Speaker 7: He clearly thought of that one ahead of time.
Speaker 4: That's wrong in so many different in.
Speaker 2: Many aspects, Taylor did cover unpretty one time if we're talking about TLC songs. But either way, when Dallas Goddard is running crossers, when the Philadelphia run game is going, when DeVante is opening on the outside, AJ has options. There's just so many options for Jalen Hurts to hurt you. And you often forget about Dallas Goddard, but I think he is a key aspect to the offense in this game.
Speaker 3: Let's flip it over to the Eagles defense. Correct.
Speaker 2: So many guys can make plays. Which one are you watching the most?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna watch Milton Williams on the defensive line. He's the defensive tackle next to Jalen Carter. We know Jalen Carter is a difference maker and is gonna get double teams. We know the edg Rushers have really improved. What I think is getting missed is that Milton Williams has made as much money as any player in the NFL with his performance in these playoffs and really throughout the course of the season. I think you might have been the best defensive player on the field in the NFC Championship game. He was dominant, had a ton of game changing pressures, really blowing up the backfield on passing downs and on running downs. And if you're a great interior rusher and you're getting one on ones, I think there could be mismatches here against the guards of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 4: So keep an eye on Milton Williams.
Speaker 5: There's bigger names around him, but he could be that game wrecker, And this happens in the Super Bowl, the guy you didn't see coming, forcing Patrick Mahomes and that running game to really have to speed up what they want to do.
Speaker 6: Well, you're talking about a guy who we you know, he's kind of really taking a step forward this postseason.
Speaker 7: Well, now I'm talking about two guys.
Speaker 6: Who they don't even maybe know how important this moment is because they're both rookies. And that's Quinnon Mitchell and Cooper Dejen these defensive backs have totally changed that. They're the difference makers to me in this matchup between what happens two seasons ago and now. If you look at Quinyon Mitchell, just don't throw the ball to him in the playoffs. Specifically, you're way, way, way better off throwing the ball into the ground where you get to a thirty nine point six passer rating than into his coverage.
Speaker 7: It's like three. It's like something like three, something crazy like that.
Speaker 6: And then if you're looking at what happens in Nickel whenever Cooper de Jean's been in, so when he came in after week seven, Oh, it's just the fewest yards allowed per attempt in the league when they're a Nickel.
Speaker 4: No big deal.
Speaker 6: But I think we were talking about, you know, all the different ways Jade Deal's might not realize how hard it.
Speaker 7: Is to get to where he's going.
Speaker 6: I don't know if these two guys know how hard it is to get where they're going. And if you can get that pressure up front and back it up with these guys in the back, that's going to be really hard on the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially considering Patrick Mahomes attempted a career high, almost league high in terms of passes behind the line of scrimmage. I think it's big for Cooper Degen in that aspect. You got a couple of rookies. I'll take a second year guy in Nolan Smith, and we saw the type of trouble that the Eagles made for the Commanders on the edge with Jadon Daniels, who know what he was able to deal with on the edge all season long. I think you have to be able to make the decision process a little bit quicker for Patrick Mahomes win he's out on the edge making plays, especially late in games. And Nolan Smith has that speed and that ability to cause that fraction of a second that I think can lead that secondary to make some play. So Nolan Smith will be my field of the Eagle defending.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jaden Daniels shoe off during that game, that's how fast.
Speaker 3: That's tough. Pull his flag much. Let's get a shoe off up next.
Speaker 2: We're putting the biggest stars in Super Bowl fifty.
Speaker 3: Nine head to head.
Speaker 4: Love it.
Speaker 3: They don't get to do that on the field.
Speaker 2: Mahomes versus Hurts, Kelsey versus Goddard say Quadi is literally anybody who's ready to light up the scoreboard, we'll tell you when we come back on Game DEVIUT it's time for Expert Playmakers, presented by Intuit Turbo tex As we discuss some player pops.
Speaker 3: So some big.
Speaker 2: Quarterback show down between Patrick Mahomes and Jalen Hurts. Greg which quarterback is going to throw for more touchdowns on Sunday.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've got a lot of Eagles choices here, but what are we doing?
Speaker 4: It's Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 5: It's the greatest player I've ever seen enter the league, and he always plays his best in these games. And it's just much more of a pass first offense. It's more passing touchdowns Mahomes or Hurts. Now, if it was more total touchdowns, that's a different prop, and that one I might go in a different direction because of what Jalen has done on the ground. But one of the things I've loved to see out of Mahomes in this postseason, I think he's been more willing to go for big plays and go for the kind of jaw drop been big time throws that made us love him when he first was coming up and won his first Super Bowl. And it's not that he's not trying in the regular season, but I do think he's a little more willing to try some things and take some risks in the postseason that he doesn't in the regular all Right.
Speaker 3: So as for who those risks are going to?
Speaker 2: Who has more receiving yards in the game for the Chief, Cynthia Hollywood Brown or Nuke Hopkins.
Speaker 6: I know this is gonna sound crazy, but my answer DeAndre Hopkins. Wow, large part because I think what Andy Reid does is he finds those little plays here and there all throughout.
Speaker 7: The season that he hasn't used in a long time.
Speaker 6: DeAndre Hopkins hasn't had the loudest postseason of any one catch team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you know what that means. Andy Reid knows that too.
Speaker 6: So ultimately, I'm looking at the opportunity for DeAndre Hopkins and his ability to come down with contested catches. His body, the way his body type works, He's always along the perimeter, He's always up in a ton of traffic. Do you remember a game against the Bills once when he was a you know, playing for Arizona.
Speaker 7: That a pretty nice catch.
Speaker 6: Those are the types of things I think that they'll be looking for in this matchup.
Speaker 2: All right, So he hasn't necessarily had a historic postseason Saquon Barkley has. He's been on a historic run. So the question is, what do you even compare for Saquon Barkley? Who do we put head to head for Saquon the entire Chiefs offense? Who will have more rushing yards? I still think it's going to be Saquon Barkley, who is two yards away from having the most pre Super Bowl yards in playoff history. He was two yards behind John Riggins. Remember he checked one down, could have had that way out of the way. He's thirty yards away from where Sorell Davis was with the most yards in postseason history.
Speaker 3: I think he gets that.
Speaker 2: I believe in the Eagles defense, I think it's not close. I think Saquon's going to outrush the entire Chiefs team. So let's go back to Greg here. Who has more receptions in the game? Travis Kelcey or Dallas Goddard.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know Travis Kelsey always shows up in the Super Bowl, but the numbers tell me it's Dallas godd Or. What did the chief struggle to do more than anything on office defense? Or special teams. It stopped the tight end. It's one of the only things that they are truly bad at. One of the worst teams in the league in terms of success rate EPA per play up the middle of the spine where Jalen Hurts can find Dallas Godder, and it's not just gonna be on those post routes. It's gonna be on some of those screens. They love to use Dallas Godder.
Speaker 4: After the Cats.
Speaker 5: Heck, they had him in the backfield in the Conference championship running the ball.
Speaker 4: That shows how much they trust them.
Speaker 5: So I'm going Dallas got it with a big one on Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on to some defensive player, Cynthia. Which linebacker has more tackles in this game? Nick Bolton or Zach Bond.
Speaker 6: Well, what did we talk about when you said it? You mentioned it the short passes behind the line of scrimmage that Patrick Mahomes is doing out a historic rate also runs. So my answer here is going to be Zach Bond, especially with Nikobe Dan not playing. I like Ornbrooks, let me be Cleary, and he's had a great postseason, But I still think Zach Bond is extra. I mean, there's a reason that he had the accolades he's had all season long. But if you're talking about offending stuff in front of him, sorry, not going to get past him. So I think it's I think it's Zach vond here for more.
Speaker 5: Tech got up to oron Burks or for him. He was sneaky huge in that Super Bowl in a negative way for the forty nine ers. So I just hope that doesn't happen this time.
Speaker 6: What we're talking about Zach bond here, I believe it got a little shit.
Speaker 4: The guys there.
Speaker 2: I'm just oran Burks came in, made a huge play in the NFC Championship.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's there's opportunity. Revenge is always there.
Speaker 2: Last one who has more sacks in this game two very good interiorty lineman Chris Jones or Jalen Carter. I am going to go with Jones here because it's so difficult to get fifteen on the ground. Jalen Hurts might hold onto the ball a little bit lead to a sack, maybe too, maybe a.
Speaker 3: Sack and a half.
Speaker 2: Either way, I do think it's easier for Chris Jones to get on the board, than it will be a Jalen Carter who's going to have to deal with those double teams. I mean, they both will, but I think it's Chris Jones the guy who should have a Super Bowl MVP. I try to say it every chance that I am. Look at some totals in these Super Bowls since twenty nineteen, the over has only hit once, but it was when the Chiefs played the Eagles in Super Bowl fifty seven. They're in Glendale, so the total for Super Bowl fifty nine is forty nine points.
Speaker 3: It's time to discuss over under.
Speaker 2: We've got some foam fingers to dictate how we feel, not dictate, to indicate how we feel about the scores.
Speaker 3: And in this game, I've got the over.
Speaker 2: I've got fifty six points, and that feels that that feels a little like relatively like conservative, but no easy over for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you. I've got sixty three points.
Speaker 5: And you look at the last time these two teams played in the Super Bowl, and then you just look at the last games that these two teams played, the Chiefs and the Bills. They got to sixty one and that was freezing cold weather. The Commanders in the Eagles, I actually can't even count that high. You gotta go to Cynthia to figure out what like the total that they got in this These are two offenses that I think are playing their very best offense wins championships. Don't let anyone tell you differently. I think it's going to be a high scoring game.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm the most conservative amongst the three of us, and I'm at fifty five, so I.
Speaker 7: Too believe that it is.
Speaker 6: More than the total number with forty nine, whatever it is. So I think this is going to be an interesting one though, because both defenses are something.
Speaker 7: That we talk about.
Speaker 6: However, it's the masterminding of the offenses that really drives us one.
Speaker 2: For me, all right, let's keep more or less going here. As we get into some player props. Patrick Mahomes ran for sixty six yards in last year's Super Bowl, Cynthia. Does he run for over thirty yards on Sunday?
Speaker 7: Yes, he does.
Speaker 6: The model says at least thirty two and fifty percent of simulations. If you look at just the year number we've been talking about it, it's tripled threefold increase in terms of number of rushing attempts, be they scrambles or not, who cares. They all come as the same thing for our purposes here. So I think this is going to be a really good opportunity. Whenever his offense line, especially on the left, is under a little bit of pressure. Run to the right, my friend, Run to the right.
Speaker 5: You know they got those three and a half weeks off, and people wonder, well, is that going to be rust And then I've watched Patrick Mahomes running faster than he's run all season long.
Speaker 4: I've seen Kareem Hunt look.
Speaker 5: Like you just had a long vacation, which he essentially did, and looking fresher. This is what happens when you're the one seed and you only lose one game. Patrick Mahomes actually picks up speed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rest is good breaking news. Let's go to receiving arcs. Because AJ Brown is a spectacular wide receiver. The question is only have more or less than seventy one and a half receiving year.
Speaker 4: I had to go yes.
Speaker 5: Here I mentioned the outside advantage that I think Philadelphia has in the passing game. I just don't think the Chiefs are at their best covering those deep passes down the field. Ultimately, aj Brown for much of this season was a first team All Pro. To me, it was him, it was JJ, it was Jamar. Chase got a little banged up, had some slow moments in the playoffs. We needed assistant coach Brandon Graham to set things right for em. Jalen Hurts, but he is smoking now. Coming into the Super Bowl with a week off and coming off a great af NFC championship game, I think he has a big day.
Speaker 6: I think if you kind of it makes sense, right, logical sense. We all think a lot of points, we all think a lot of scoring. If you're an under enthusiast, that could be the one that I think maybe you switched the Devonte Smith number for. But that's only if you're an under enthusiast and who likes that Deander's no fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take that, under enthusiast, I'll take the last one. Will Travis Kelce's longest reception in the game be over nineteen and a half yards?
Speaker 4: Greg, I say, under.
Speaker 2: I think it will be, And I'll tell you exactly. I'll tell you exactly how it's going to happen. It's going to be a second and seven. Travis Kelcey is going to curl up about twelve yards away from the line of scrimmage. He's going to catch the ball, He's going to do what appears to be a glacially slow turn, which is going to cause a defender to fall down, and he's going to go for twenty two yards. That is my prediction, because like taking the other side of this feels like something I would do at my peril. But you know, as an under enthusiast, that.
Speaker 4: Move has never not worked.
Speaker 5: It ever, every time Travis Kelcey just puts a little bit of a fake to the right.
Speaker 4: And then Carlson left, it works.
Speaker 5: I don't know his nineteen and a half yards though, It just takes a little longer than it used to.
Speaker 4: So I'm thinking about.
Speaker 5: The regular season, and maybe I shouldn't when there wasn't a lot of explosive plays from Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the fast people were chasing him. But now theyve as you pointed out, they've got more fast people on the field that are more of an issue to cover. When we come back, folks, we're gonna finally make our picks. So who's gonna actually win Super Bowl fifty nine?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Have you been tracking each decision to say, well, I think Cynthia's going with the Chiefs, or I think it's the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Is Casey Dustin forward?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 3: P is never revenge for Philly? All that, plus who's gonna win the MVP.
Speaker 2: That's coming up next on game debut. Oh, what a beautiful opportunity and a beautiful play. Shout out to New Orleans, Louisiana, the Caesar super Dome site of Super Bowl fifty nine, and how appropriate it's Tom for us to seize the season presented by Caesar Sportsbook. As we're looking at the first touchdown score odds on Sunday, Saquon and Jalen Hurts leading the way, followed up by Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelsey and Xavier Worthy.
Speaker 3: Is we finally made it? Guys, it's Tom for us to make You.
Speaker 6: Looked at me with some consternation there, Greg.
Speaker 5: What was I'm still trying to decide what my pick is going to be?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 7: Oh got it?
Speaker 4: Okay, He's like looked over like moment, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, we gotta run down.
Speaker 2: But Greg's a wildcard. He can make a change at any point. As we get to our picks, the Chiefs looking to become the first team in history to win three consecutive Super Bowls, Jalen Hurts and Saquon trying to get their first winning rings.
Speaker 3: Who is winning Super Bowl fifty nine? Greg Rosenthal?
Speaker 4: It has to be the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 5: Thirty three to thirty is the score. When you think about the NFL lately, maybe you're thinking it's all a little too similar. Four of the last six years in the Super Bowl, it's been either forty nine Ers Chiefs or Eagles Chiefs.
Speaker 4: So what do you do to change that up?
Speaker 5: You add a new player to the dynamic, and that player has defined that season this season, and that player is Saquon Barkley. In the same way that Patrick Mahomes came into our lives and won that MVP back in twenty eighteen and then won the Super Bowl in twenty nineteen, Saquon Barkley has come to this Eagles team and he's changed the entire landscape. They are the most talented team in the NFL if you go through the rosters at most positions, I'm taking Eagles over Chiefs, but they haven't been able to match them in terms of their best player. And I know It's a running back, and running backs don't matter as much as quarterbacks. But this running back plus this offensive line in this season does matter just as much as Patrick Mahomes and Saquon Barkley has had a season we will be talking about for the rest of our lives. And the only way that that season can finish is with him up on the podium winning that MVP Award. With like one hundred and seventy total yards from scrimmage thirty three to thirty.
Speaker 4: The Eagles get it done.
Speaker 7: I don't know how I can follow that.
Speaker 6: However, I do have a one point win for the Eagles.
Speaker 7: My model a little bit surprised me. I guess if I'm picking with my gut, I would have gone with the Chiefs.
Speaker 6: However, the model has twenty eight to twenty seven. Same model that got me here, same model that went about seventy two percent for the season. So I have to trust it here.
Speaker 7: On this one. I had to get that in. They're just in the one.
Speaker 4: And that got you Eagles Chiefs before this season.
Speaker 7: Hey, you know, But ultimately to me, Dallas.
Speaker 6: Goddard is one of the biggest difference makers. Greg talked about it earlier this is an area where the Chiefs have a weakness. And if there's one thing that I think is going to be hard, it's picking your poison.
Speaker 7: Which poison are you going to pick?
Speaker 6: You to pick the aj Brown poison, take one, to take one Barkley poison that Ivanta Smith that you're.
Speaker 7: Gonna have to pick one.
Speaker 6: And Dallas Goddard to me, has the best opportunity to be in the spot right where Jalen Hurts needs him at the moment that he needs.
Speaker 7: Him, with just enough time.
Speaker 6: And I mean, if they're going to give him that much separation, then maybe it's a lot of Dallas gotter, but ultimately that's going to be a different surprise.
Speaker 4: The model won't with the Eagles. Now you gotta go Chiefs here.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean we cannot be given a Memeler against the best team of all time.
Speaker 2: It's important to have differences, and I think a lot of things are different than the last time the Eagles played the Chiefs, but we're not different in our picks. Winning a wow Argan than Cynthia and Greg. I've got thirty two to twenty because Vic Fanjo isn't coming in as a consultant he's actually coordinated this defense. Quinnon, Mitchell, Cooper, Dejean, all these guys were not Eagles. But it's Nolan Smith, it is Jalen Carter. It's a couple of dogs, and I think are the reason that the Eagles are winning this game because, as Greg pointed out, there's just a good, solid team positioned by position all across the board. And yes, like there is samness, the Chiefs are good. Patrick Mahomes is still a rare and good quarterback. But sometimes you lose games. So sometimes we lose games because there's an overwhelming talent differential, and I think.
Speaker 3: That talent differential.
Speaker 2: Who favors the Philadelphia Eagles NFL Game to View is of course brought to you bout Seasons Sportsbook. New users can place their first bet up to one thousand and fifty nine dollars and get it back.
Speaker 3: As a bonus bet if you lose.
Speaker 2: Use promo code TV one thousand, must be twenty one or older. Seek Caesars dot com backslash promos in order to get the full terms. Now there's a secondary question the Eagles win the Super Bowl. As we all selected who's going to win the MVP, here are the odds. Patrick Mahomes of course the far and away favorite, and then Saquon and Jalen Hurts. So let us make our picks for the Super Bowl fifty nine MVP.
Speaker 3: Who is yours? Greg Wilson.
Speaker 5: I just made a whole big speech about how saquin and Barclay is going to be holding the the MVP, But actually I'm going to Jalen Hurts for this question.
Speaker 4: He's the quarterback. I like the odds better.
Speaker 5: It's more about the value you have a running back there as a pretty heavy favorite to be the MVP. I do think people get into narratives. Barkley would be a great narrative. But if Jalen Hurts puts together like a two hundred and fifty yard two touchdown type of game, I think everyone would really get on board with. Hey, let's give this quarterback his shine. He has been so important for this team. Quarterbacks almost always win this award.
Speaker 4: Let's go Jalen.
Speaker 2: And you know, Jalen Hurts already has like a rolodex of very hard quotes that people are gonna put on Instagram if he gets that award, which Cindya generally goes to quarterback, Like you have to do something really special to win this award as a not quarterback.
Speaker 6: Thirty three quarterbacks, eight wide receivers, seven running backs, only ten total defensive players. Ever, but I'm thinking Jalen Carter, might you are eleventh in these MVP. Why Well, we know that the old line is an issue, and I know Jalen Carter kind of lines up not in the area on the left side, he'd be on the offensive right. However, he can be such a huge wrecking ball that he could even make Creed Humphrey look like not as good as a player as he is, and Humphrey is electric. So when I'm looking at the opportunity here to go a little off menu, to go a little bit value shopping, to go a little bit of upside looking, I'm going for Jalen Carter because we know the quarterbacks probably are going to get it sake one probably after.
Speaker 7: That, but why not be fun? We like fun. Jalen Carter?
Speaker 2: All right, So we got two quarterback picks there, myself and Greg and Cynthia going off the board with a defensive lineman. Thanks for watching Game debut presented by Caesar Sportsbook All season. We hope you enjoy Super Bowl fifty nine for Cynthia and greg I Patrick, See you next year.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.