Speaker 1: Welcome to Serial Killers episode number five. I'm Scotty B and I'm Andrew, and we need a theme song, okay, so I'll come up with a new one every time. This one will be if there's a cereal you like again? You want us to eat?
Speaker 2: Call us? We are the serial Killers.
Speaker 1: How are they going to call us?
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: You change her for twenty nineteen and say tweet us at serial Killers PC and we'll eat your cereal. Wait a minute, sounds sturdy. Yeah anyway, Hi, welcome. I can't believe we're still doing this, but we're here because I guess people like it. I don't know, or maybe nobody likes it, but we just like to eat cereals.
Speaker 2: I did check the spreaker because we uploaded all the episodes yesterday. Yeah. Four one listen.
Speaker 1: Oh and that was my mom. She listened to all four episode doesn't know how to listen. It was definitely not her.
Speaker 2: It's cute.
Speaker 1: Yes, So hey, you know what we promised in a episode a couple of episodes ago that we were gonna do Blueberry Sereal Day. So today is Blueberry Sereal Day. It's almost summertime, so blueberry.
Speaker 2: I am conflicted. I'm excited for blueberry, but I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not like they're fresh blueberries. No, I know. Please, it's so artificially flavored.
Speaker 2: We are freeze or are there freeze dried blueberries?
Speaker 1: There are? Actually you can get that in a special k. They do have a berry cereal that has little blueberries in it, which is not terrible.
Speaker 2: This is just artificially flavored blue No, you know what, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think any of this is artificially flavored. It's naturally flavored with other flavors. Well, anyway, so today we're doing blueberry cheerios, which is brand new, is fresh to the market blueberry cheerios. It doesn't say limited time, so it could be.
Speaker 2: I love. How excited you get this is fresh to the market.
Speaker 1: Well, it is, it is. And blueberry Checks we're gonna call that the classic cereal this week because Checks has been around forever. I don't know how blueberry around, but you know, and both of them are gluten free.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god, I'm godn't beating it without.
Speaker 1: It, Garrett, you can have this cereal, I gotta tell you. The one thing that kind of disappoints me, though, I'm a huge box tops guy. Do you know what box tops are like? On the top of certain brands of things, there's a little box top that you clip out, you send them into the school and you save it.
Speaker 2: You can you give you ten cents in school all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But if you look on the top of the blueberry Cheerios, it says no more clipping box tops, just scan your receipt and that's lame. I'm not a fan. I do like the clipping, but let's get on with the cereal. So where do you want to go first?
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to do the Cheerios first, just because I'm reading the back mead with real blueberry puree and other natural flavors.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say that the box looks great. Cheerios marketing team, I love how the box looks.
Speaker 1: Props to General Mills. Okay, yeah, and look at that cute little game on the back. I like that.
Speaker 2: I don't really understand it.
Speaker 1: But pour me a cup please while I get the milk.
Speaker 2: Wait can Okay? The back of the box, where do you remember and you may not cocoa puffs? Yeah, did a box like the back of the box that would pop out and it was almost like they meet a mine.
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs.
Speaker 2: But do you remember I don't. Oh my god. It was the craziest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Must have been in the mid nineties if you remember.
Speaker 2: It, Yeah, it was. And I remember peeling out the entire box to create this little mind thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, the cereal is pouring out because it's still full. Right. My favorite thing was, and I'm sure you remember that, is when there was a free prize inside. Yes, but most of the time they just slipped it in between the box and the bag, so you didn't even have to go to the bottom. So I would just tear it open, pull the bag out, and get the stupid water gun that was in there. You did that, of course, that's terrible. I stole it before my brother could get it. You kidding me?
Speaker 2: So sad?
Speaker 1: All right, So here we go. We're using skim milk this episode, not that it matters, but just letting you know. We flip flop between skim and one percent.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of milk. Okay, that's all right.
Speaker 1: So the smell the aroma is the aroma. Okay, it's very hold on, I'm wafting, wafting. Yeah, it's very blueberry e.
Speaker 2: I actually like that, to be honest. Okay, I'm just gonna say it. I feel like all blueberry things dots the same. Well did they all get them from the same artificial flavor store?
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. These are not artificially flavored, which is cool.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because there's natural pier and.
Speaker 1: There's pictures of blueberries on the box, so they be in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, here we go one, two three.
Speaker 1: I'm a fam I am as well. No good, Yeah, from the same company. I bought you Booberry.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't like Booberry because.
Speaker 1: There's nothing real about it. But we may get there, probably around Halloween time because that's when they come back out.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that the cheerio taste still remains, because I love the taste of just regular cheerios, So I not me. You don't.
Speaker 1: That's boring as hell.
Speaker 2: Can I say the one thing that bothers me about Cheerios? How can you put a damn blueberry flavor out on the market, But you got rid of Team Cheerios. Team Cheerios was the best Cheerios.
Speaker 1: Flavor different or three different grains.
Speaker 2: You got your apple jat, you got your apple one, you had your glaze.
Speaker 1: That's not what Team Cheerios was.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was.
Speaker 1: Team Cheerios was like three different grains. No, and they were slightly sweetened. No.
Speaker 2: Team Cheerios you had the like the sugary ones, like a glazed one. You had your honey nut, and you had the apple and you had the regular.
Speaker 1: Do I have to google this live on the podcast?
Speaker 2: Go for it? I know I'm right. Team Cheerios was my favorite cereal ever.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of it. I'm pretty sure Bruce Jenner was on the front of one of those.
Speaker 2: Shut up, I think, so, don't you mean, Caitlin?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, that's right. If people are going to get mad at me, well not for your mom might because she's the only listen, please talk amongst yourself.
Speaker 2: Well I so yeah, Team Cheerios it was great. I've tweeted about Team Cheerios in the past. Cheerios actually got back to me because I tweeted them and was like I missed the cereal and they were like, oh yeah, we don't actually want to produce it anymore, but if we ever do you'll know.
Speaker 1: I feel like they brought it back for one of the Olympics. Now that's terribly long ago.
Speaker 2: Not in the past ten years. No, m M, because I would have stocked up on it.
Speaker 1: Team Cheerios formerly Team USA Cheerios in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't say what they were favorite. Just no, just google the box. The pictures were on the box.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I wonder if people are actually finding this entertaining.
Speaker 1: Nobody is and you.
Speaker 2: Made it six minutes in. Can you tweet us and say I got six minut it's in and I'm liking this. Let us tell your thoughts.
Speaker 1: But see, this is information that we should all have before we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see look click that all right?
Speaker 1: Team Cheerios, Oh hold on, I want to get bigger.
Speaker 2: I hate everything Team Cheerios.
Speaker 1: The ceria was originally called Team USA Cheerios when it was introduced in nineteen ninety six. Is a limited edition tie in with the Summer Olympics. There's no other information about it. Well down, I can't it doesn't open. I hate everything.
Speaker 2: This is great and entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not talking about Team Cheerios. We're talking about Blueberry cheerios. So we're gonna need a rating. I see that the milk is blue.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give this three bowls in a spoon three and a half.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Can we just remind everybody because I forgot already what's our rating system? We go up to five balls.
Speaker 2: That it so like a bowl is a full point, So we're out of five bowls. Okay, So I give this three bowls and a spoon, which is like a point five.
Speaker 1: I will actually agree and do the same. It's really good, Yeah, and I could eat it probably every day, but i'd go three balls in a spoon. Yes, it's pretty good, you know't let me test the milk for you whole.
Speaker 2: The milk is delicious. It's a little sweet, not too overpowering. It kind of is like the blueberry cheerio itself. There's not so much blueberry that it's overpowering.
Speaker 1: I like it. The milk is disgusting looking. It really is nauseating to look at, but it is delicious to taste.
Speaker 2: Cold stone milk that's grayish blue.
Speaker 1: You're right, except not quite as sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why does birthday cake have the same color? I don't know that just makes me question the cold Stone Cereal even more.
Speaker 1: You know what, that was a really good cereal. I'm in I like it cool. Plus it was on sale. I got this box for fifty cents, so can't beat that perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, next Cereal?
Speaker 1: All right, so Blueberry Checks, same company, General Mills, love them. Still can clip this box top? So happy.
Speaker 2: I did not know there were that many different Checks flavor.
Speaker 1: There are lots of Checks flavors.
Speaker 2: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Fantastic chocolate, awesome, love it.
Speaker 2: Checks sounds so good I've never had.
Speaker 1: My kids are all about vanilla Checks.
Speaker 2: M that sounds good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And see the thing I like about this is because Life Cereal is similar. I love Life, but Checks is kind of coated with the flavoring, whereas Life is just kind of it's just in there. Yeah, and I don't like it. I like I like the sweet coating of Checks.
Speaker 2: Now, I just want Life Cereal like I really want.
Speaker 1: We'll get to you a Quaker stand by, so I can't.
Speaker 2: If you've made it eight minutes in this episode, please tweet us.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're out of our minds.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh I was wrong. All Blueberry is not the same this.
Speaker 1: One smells a little bit more fresh, though, which is weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you want to say that, well, I mean.
Speaker 1: If you look at the picture on the boxes, like fully sugar like jammy, can.
Speaker 2: I say one thing? The box is very deceiving because I thought that's what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Well it does. I'm both. If you got to flip it over, what one side has it the other side doesn't?
Speaker 2: No, No, I thought it looked like that, like for checks.
Speaker 1: What are you talking. That's not even real milk on that spoon. It's glue.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I look the blueberries on this box, they're not actual blueberry they're drawings.
Speaker 2: It's funny, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest. It tastes a little artificial.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. I don't like it at all.
Speaker 1: I wish you could see Andrew's face right now.
Speaker 2: It just it kind of tastes like I'm chewing. Oh my god, you know what it tastes like? Tell me if you're you know, like a fun dip, like it almost tastes like the sugar blueberries not that sweet, I think, so. I'm not a fan. This is kind of gross.
Speaker 1: It's not awful. You don't like it. Well, you said you're not a fan of blueberry anyway, little gross, you know, maybe spit my milk out.
Speaker 2: If this was shark tank, I'm out. Well, I give this one a bowl. That's it. Wow, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: That's the lowest rating ever from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't hate it. I would eat it again. I'd go two balls in a spoon on Oh, because I like checks. I don't like any plain checks like corn checks or wheat checks or I.
Speaker 2: Think I would like the taste of a regular checks. No, the blueberry is not doing it for me, though.
Speaker 1: Give me checks Mix. I'll put milk in that. I'd rather have that than just plain checks.
Speaker 2: I feel like an idiotsse. I just realized checks mix is a thing. I love checks Mix, and I just realized, you know.
Speaker 1: There's check cereal in checks mix, right, That's where it came from.
Speaker 2: That's the connection I just made.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. I'll cold beating it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have fun with that.
Speaker 1: Even when cereal sucks, I'll still eat it. Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Your standards are very.
Speaker 1: Low, but it's not awful. So Blueberry Day was was kind of a bust, I guess mostly for Andrew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean blueberry cheerios. I if, like, if I'm hungry for breakfast and I don't want to order here, I will gladly go over and have some blueberry cheerios. But you will not ever find me eating blueberry checks in my whole life.
Speaker 1: All right, blueberry checks for Andrew fail, I'll take it. I don't care. Give me some flavored checks and I'll eat it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, Well, make sure you subscribe to our podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah do how do you do that?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're going to click the subscribe button in your app. So this way, whenever we drop a new episode, it just pops up and then you don't even have to be like, oh, when's it coming. You'll just get it automatically and make sure you're following us at serial killers. That's serial killers with a K or killers with a K. Sorry what PC? And that's our social handles.
Speaker 1: You're out of your mind. Now. Look if you look at the bottom, look at the bottom of the cup of the blueberry checks milk.
Speaker 2: That is nasty.
Speaker 1: Oh those blueberry seeds that looks.
Speaker 2: Like blueberry cocaine.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you for listening to episode five. I hope you make I hope you make it. I'm definitely having a stroke. I'm not making fun of strokes, but I don't know what is going on. I hope you make it to episode six, which will I don't know. I don't know what's happening. Is on my body. I'm cutting this all out. I hope you make it to episode six, where we'll feature something new and something classic from the cereal world. Thanks for listening to Serial Killers podcast, and until next time, crunch mm hm mm hmm