Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor set De, Montrey Moore, and Neweak Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Victory Monday here at the Star in Frisco, Texas. Welcome to the Players Lounge, where we have three former NFL players dissecting what the Cowboys do each in every week and other things around the National Football League. You have Anthony Dorseet, got Trey More and the Dallas Cowboys get a victory thirty seven to twenty two in the Meadowlands.
Speaker 2: So the Jets.
Speaker 3: Remained winless, the Cowboys with a lot of positives.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: I'll go back to the YETI cool customers that we had on Friday. You said the DB's door set needed to look good. Trey, you said it was the defensive line. I went with the offensive line. And we can look at all three places and say they did their jobs. They were all cool customers there doing their jobs and getting the Dallas Cowboys the victory they needed. Let's just go right around the table. Start with your church. When you look at this victory, what stands out.
Speaker 4: For you for me?
Speaker 5: Like, like you just talked about the trenches Dallas Cowboys one in both both sides defensively, offensively, and what's.
Speaker 2: Impressive on the offensive side.
Speaker 5: I mean you missing Tyler Booker, You're missing bb I mean Guidon was out there. It wasn't out there, So you missing a lot of your starters on that offsive line and they only gave up one sack and you're going against, you know, an all decade type player and Quinn Williams on the other side. I mean, there's there's no scrubs over there on that on that Jets defense of line, and they got handled a boy the makeshift line for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And on the other.
Speaker 5: Side defensively, that d Lion they did they thing once again. This is two games back to back where the pressure is starting to mount up for that defensive line. James Houston playing well in his spots that he gets an opportunity in. You love what Solomon Thomas was able to do out there in the defensive tackle position. So I love to see that pressure because it makes things easier for guys on the back end. As you saw, those explosive plays did not happen. But to me, once again, man, this goes down to Schottenheimer and the relationship with him and Dak Prescott. When he's calling those plays and Dak's executing the way he is, he's like an extension of the coaching staff out there on the football field when you look at it. I mean, no matter what the Jets threw at him, and including Green Bay last week, zone man blitz, it doesn't matter. Dak had the answer for pretty much everything out there, and he's protecting the football. Four touchdowns to just zero interceptions out there. The man is playing out of control. And last week he hit eightferent receivers out there, eight different receivers kind of passed Fromdak Prescott.
Speaker 2: This week, six different receivers flow noid.
Speaker 5: A guy that you know was on a practice, got this guy out there looking outrageous. So to me, Dak is putting his team on his back once again. Defense is starting to come along. But to me, the story is the trenches and then that marriage between Dak and Schottenheimer. I mean, it's really floorishing right now.
Speaker 3: Tray.
Speaker 4: Oh, for me, I think it goes to the D line. We talked about it all last week. I kept saying, Hey, their depth is being shown right now that they are holding up, like Barry said, going in doing what they do. But for us to be so critical, We've been talking about this D line the whole time, like this is what we need, this is what you need, Like they finally shown up.
Speaker 6: Houston is doing what he's supposed to do.
Speaker 4: He's actually doing above what he's supposed to do right now, and heating of the way that he's heating up.
Speaker 6: You have Kenny that Kenny's making.
Speaker 4: Jerry Wright like he's proven that he is that guy to where you're starting to see consistent Osa's playing up that. This last game that we just watched, Osa played up to that contract extension. He played up to every form and bit of it, to where like this game, just watching it, I was like, Okay, now you're starting to see a defense paralys But with seeing that, I'm also I don't want to get too excited. It's the Jets. It's a zero to fourteen that we're talking about, Like you're so you're supposed to knock out the ones that you get in front of you, and nothing is easy on the Sunday, but like I'm onto the next week, like can we see this from a actual great opponent, And so that's what makes me nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for me, it was a little bit of everything like that.
Speaker 7: I feel like the Cowboys actually played against the team that they were supposed to play in the way they played against this team. They didn't play down to the Jets standards or anything else like that. The Cowboys actually kept the kept the I guess you could say their foot on the gas pedal through the whole game on both sides of the game. Like you mentioned the pressure coming from the defensive line, we saw more pressure yesterday than we have seen all season, you know what I mean. Then, also, the run game is doing well too as far as stopping the run. Then we talked about what we talked about. He communication has to get better in the back end. We have to stop these big plays from being able to happen. Unfortunately, yesterday that wasn't the issue. You know, they had some long run plays and then at the end of those run plays there was some fumbles, so that the explosive plays that could have been explosive didn't turn out to be as explosive as they as they normally whatever, and just like you said, man, like if we was to break this season down into quarters right now, Dak is the MVP quarterback right now this league as far as in this first quarter you find somebody else that's is playing as good as he has and as.
Speaker 2: He keeps doing so far this year.
Speaker 7: And then like we talked about, just the depth, you know, I mean, come on, man, that is.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing when you sit there and say you think about your superstars in the league, like guys like you can have guys that go be a super star within the arm right, but I'm sorry, be a star. Superstars they make everybody around them better. And to see this old line flourishing in the way that they are, some of these guys only, if I'm not mistaken, Brocket is the only one that had started potential. Some of these other offensive linement didn't have it, Like you said, a receiver Flainoy going out there and having a career day. Dak is really playing out of his mind. But he's also getting a lot of these other guys. Hey, George Picking is having a resurgent. Javonte is over there looking like how he was before his injury, like he is elevating that. So I will say one we got to eat the bullet and everybody that was talking about, oh, Dak, isn't that guy like he's showing you he's a top three, if not the top quarterback right now in this first quarter of the season.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy probably should have been replaced after that Green Bay loss, considering that Jerry was not going to extend it. If you're going to do in the way you did that whole last year was not good at all. Makes the change. Brian Schottenheimer gets a job and I asked Jerry specifically, Jerry, what is it you're seeing in him that nobody else has seen, because nobody else has even, you know, talk to him about a head coaching job in three years. And he said, you know what, it's been through the trenches. He's had his nose bloody. Brian Schottenheimer deserves a lot of credit for the victory and the fact that this coaching staff, the people that he's brought in. You talk about Ryan Flinoy going out and having a fantastic day, go back to junior Adams of wide receivers coach. I mean we saw Jalen Tolbert making some great plays the week before here, and there been times we are on this show have questioned, what are you getting out of Jalen Tolbert? Is he improving the new receivers? Coach is coached these guys up. George Pickens is playing fantastic football, and I dare say he's giving more to the Cowboys than what you saw him giving in Pittsburgh. He is a weapon out there. I mean even just throw the ball over there to his way. You don't know what can have that touchdown passed? I mean I touchdown catch against saus Gardner. You guys are all did you tutor dB? That was some hand fighting.
Speaker 2: That was a hard.
Speaker 3: That was a hard That was a hard catch.
Speaker 7: Just one of the top dv's in the league.
Speaker 3: He's a top five quarters, there's no doubt. Rank whatever you want to, but he's gonna be in your top five. And for George Pickens to you know kind of that thing all right, you know what, Hey, it's Dak's not throwing it here, He's kind of waiting. Bam, you got him. You know, when you need to have it, he had it and that's sensational. I go back to Junior Adams, the wide receivers coach Shottheimer calling the places. He's a fantastic play caller, and the Yetti cool customers that said had to be the offensive line, and we talked about it. We weren't sure, but you go out there game day on Friday, we found out Tyler got in the left tackle was not going to be there been on game day Tyler Smith active, but they did not start. So you're talking for starting offensive linemen not there.
Speaker 7: Kudos to that room man that that that goes, you know, beyond any thing. You could bring a bunch of guys together, but you know, to be able to get all those guys from first, second and third team to be able to play like that, that offensive line room is a powerful room in his building.
Speaker 3: And had to bring in the fifth one had to bring to play in the game. And so here's Javonte Williams with a career hot one hundred and thirty five yards, one hundred and thirty five yards in the game and two touchdowns on sixteen carries. That offensive line. And when we talk about Dak and everything he was doing, and I mentioned it to you before last week, if he doesn't have some time, then it doesn't matter. Okay, the best, the best in the world can't do anything if they're not being protected up front. And so Clayton Adams the offensive line coach, and Connor Riley, I mean Clayton at the OC and then Connor Riley offensive line coach, they must be given credit that they got it done. And apparently Dak spoke to guys this week saying, hey, look, you know, I'm a prime example of be ready, really be ready. You don't know when it's going to be your opportunities and that you're here, you're here for reason, be ready to take advantage of it. So to me, I don't. I know. It's the Jets. That's fine, winless team, but did we look around the league yesterday?
Speaker 2: Winless?
Speaker 3: And then next thing you know, boy Decremato running.
Speaker 2: To the end zone.
Speaker 6: Some people say enough is enough.
Speaker 2: Drop the ball.
Speaker 3: Difference in the game. That's the that touchdown that he didn't just like the Coats game the week before. That was the difference in the football game. And so here comes a winless Titans team that goes to Arizona and gets a win, go to Philadelphia, they go get a win the Patriots.
Speaker 8: Patriots on Sunday night football in Buffalo in Buffalo get.
Speaker 3: Themselves a win. The Giants who beat the Chargers a week before. We're thinking that's a solid win. They go to New Orleans and New Orleans handles them. Our boy coach soul in Miami got it. Charlotte, the Panthers come from behind. So when people say it's just the Jets, I'll come back and tell you go look around the league. There, you guys all ball three you play, there's no easy ones.
Speaker 2: You look at it.
Speaker 5: When you look at it to what Schottenheimer's doing, it's just a definition of guys buying in in that locker room. I mean, there's plenty of examples out there. From George Pickens having that slow first half. You know, he could have been out there pout and he could have been on the sidelines reading books and saying, man.
Speaker 2: You don't get me the ball.
Speaker 5: No, he was patient time and was like, you know what, I'm gonna get my touchdown when it comes to me. Then you look at the depth when blocking. When you come to these running backs. I saw Blue that the young cat, the fifth round pick I believe from Texas, and he didn't get a lot of running options.
Speaker 4: Ian.
Speaker 2: He wasn't you know, jumped off the stat sheet. But there was a.
Speaker 5: Down where big old linebatter coming a gap and he had to meet him in the hole. He could have, you know, said I didn't get or went and chopped them low. He met that man right under the chin. That to me is wanting to run through a brick wall for your coach out there.
Speaker 2: Knowing that, Hey, I believe what he got going on.
Speaker 5: And you know what, as a players, as unit, we're gonna believe in this guy, and we're gonna go put it on.
Speaker 2: The football field.
Speaker 5: You just see these guys buying into what Schottenheimer's putting out there week in and week out. There were so many we've been here through all these slow starts, playoffs, you know, primetime games, whatever the case may be. Dallas playing down to the level of competition.
Speaker 2: Is what it was.
Speaker 5: But these guys, man, they're really buying into what Shoenheimer is putting out there.
Speaker 7: Man, once again, I'm gonna say this, and I'm piggybacking off of what Trey said too as well. Now, mind you, it is the Jets, okay, it is the Jets. And the Cowboys handled up the way they were supposed to handle up against the Jets. Now breaking everything down like you were just talking about, man, that that run game. Okay, Now, if we can continue, if the Cowboys can continue to do what they're doing offense right with with with Ceedee Lamb not being there, with this offensive line being the mismatch put together offensive line every week, okay, then you get these guys coming back healthy, you get CD back in the fold. Right, defense is able to sustain or keep playing in the and the and the way that they played a little bit yesterday, you know, because we saw some good players out there yesterday from the d line and from the secondary. Now this all starts keeping it keeps coming together over these next few weeks. And the second part we already knowed that tail end of that season is gonna get tough. Cowboys gonna be primed to some to do some damage later on the season if they keep this thing going on, right, Well, let's.
Speaker 3: Get our first break in here when we come back. One player that I had questions based off what he did last year and the subpar season, the player had admitted the player he wasn't very good. Is boling bawling. Right now, let's get a man a Flowers. Next, we do have a Barry Trey Anthony door set up new he strugs. This is the players brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling Problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over. It's the official men's skincare brand of.
Speaker 2: The Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right.
Speaker 9: Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for Season two se action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsively.
Speaker 11: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com. Slash Hugo Boss, Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: To the players Loud.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Nation Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life is exclusively in Dallas Cowboys App. Joined the official fan Club today to receive access to the Cowboys Drops, where you can win game tickets, autograph items, exclusive experiences, and much more. Downloaded not yesterday, but right now on the app. Go join.
Speaker 3: Thanks Trey Moore, you are in the players Longe brought to by Aristocrat. Game of the Dallas Cowboys coming off a victory over the New York Jets thirty seven to twenty two score really not as close as it looks. Right there, got Barry Church, former player, trade more former player and he was that former player. Jake Ferguson got a contract extension of the offseason. I was sitting to myself saying, and I said on the show, is that the wise thing to do? Because he came off of a year where he can scored one touchdown?
Speaker 2: Not one?
Speaker 3: I mean, how many folks go out here and they just say, hey man, let's re up you and you do anything in watch the way you were expected to do it. When the Cowboys ended up having a bad season when the coach got fired. You can look at Jake Ferguson's and point to and say you're one of the guys who did not do their job last year.
Speaker 2: That is fact.
Speaker 3: He said he would be better and so far, Jake Ferguson is not just talking about it, he's about it. He finished with seven receptions yesterday for forty nine yards, and he had had a touchdown, had two touchdowns. His forty one receptions this year are tied for the most by a tight end through the first five games of a season in FL history. Eric Johnson did it oh fours that Ertz did in twenty eighteen, his first career game with multiple touchdown receptions. The longest touchdown reception in his career halfen in the second quarter of twenty six yards. Jake has caught at least five passes in each of the first five games, and the only other Cowboy to ever do this was Jason Whitten, who did it back in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: That is a good company. That is doing your job.
Speaker 3: And you could say the first game in Philadelphia should have had that one touchdown going down the scene when he said he should have had it, and then earlier in yesterday's game it looked like he almost had one two. So Ferguson is in the right place, clearly has the trust of the quarterback, and Brian Schottenheimer is utilizing the tight end. And this is where I go back and say, we gotta give him Shoty credit. Shoty said, we want to run the ball. Running the ball allows tight ends. And you guys, you know the safety allows the tight end. You play safety two allows it allows your guy to get ready because the one touchdown the right there near the goal line, he just acts like he's blocking slipped out there wide. So this goes back to Schottenheimer and his ability to run where you have to sit around here and worry about the play action pass because Jonte's jamontes out.
Speaker 4: Of killing it.
Speaker 7: And I was sixteen carries eight point four yards running behind his paths all the time, you know, like and and I'm not trying to be nitpicky or anything, but these boys got to get some they get these breakout runs.
Speaker 2: They need to finish down.
Speaker 5: Man, go ahead and go the quick tripe gonna get you some some more.
Speaker 7: You gotta go ahead and take you to the house. But he was positives and making it.
Speaker 4: Taking a chunk.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. I go at the last year.
Speaker 2: We didn't even see that exactly.
Speaker 3: We can take you to the house.
Speaker 4: You ain't never had.
Speaker 3: You couldn't get exposed run last year it was team of last.
Speaker 4: Sounded like cowboys fans for really, man, we got to get rid of d now that playing top three. Oh he ain't he finished.
Speaker 2: He got on it.
Speaker 3: He got on the thirty three, but he ain't for thirty three.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, give exactly.
Speaker 4: I thought I I was texting you in your hot I was about to text you in the group to be like, hey, man, I know he ain't the original thirty three, but does he make you feel a little bit better? The boy brawling exactly?
Speaker 3: Man, like you already know exactly ever since Pop Warning League.
Speaker 2: When you break that open run, you want to take it to the house. That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 4: What we're looking for it. But what he said, when you ain't had it in a while, it's good over here.
Speaker 7: He's finishing behind his past, regardless if it's running for a short run, he's falling forward.
Speaker 4: Every I'm glad. I'm glad he's getting them down there. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Second the NFL and rushing now, second in the NFL and rushing right now. No one had that on the Bengo card.
Speaker 4: But I will agree with you though, because in that fourth quarter where he got out and I'm like, oh, ain't out the gate and somebody caught him over the two yard line, I said, come over open, get down there to a couple extra hip exercises, so you can heightsman do that. But it is in the locker room.
Speaker 2: They right now, Saana's got tracked down.
Speaker 4: You getting tracked what he said, I'm gonna tell you like this, this is one of those Mondays where you walk in there, everybody feeling good, and then you got Jaden in the back road saying, hey, coach, he ain't fast like that. Now you can make the jokes and he ain't got the open. You're gonna be a good film.
Speaker 3: So you can talk sixty six yards to a sixty set up a touchdown, longest run of his career.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: He's recorded his third career one hundred yard game in first since a rookie back in twenty twenty one against Kansas City.
Speaker 2: He had one hundred and eight yards.
Speaker 3: In the first half, and last time he had a cowboy who had over one hundred rushing yards in the first twenty fourteen. That was DeMarco year.
Speaker 2: Last time they had a what.
Speaker 5: First half of Yeah, because he was putting up crazy numbers and he ain't ever ain't that's a minute.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm like. Man, we talked about, Man, he didn't get to the end. Zver Bro.
Speaker 3: We've seen happiness exactly that you got to be happy about it, complaining because and considering going into this year, this was a room a lot of people did not had a big concern about. For I talked to him in training camp and I had just gone back to just having watched him play in college at Carolina, like this is a good play And he I asked, are you back to that? And he said, yes, I feel that way. You all understand injuries more than I do because you played.
Speaker 2: Everybody's body is different. Yeah, everybody's body is different.
Speaker 3: And clearly his body's there, and there's somethingbody happened to want a one year deal, man, supplement you know all.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you, like, this is the way that the Cowboys is playing they they gonna have Jerry up there, like, man, which one is I gotta I gotta take care of you, Pickings, I gotta take care of you, Javonte oh Man, Is there an old lineman that's on a one year deal?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: They are making it tough and this is what you want. This is not only are they You see a lot of guys that are resurging. You see them having fun like that, like when you see that certain energy in chemistry and like the caaraderie that's going. Those are the guys that are able to build off of it. Right now, what we're seeing with the Cowboys is that snowball effect. Like Dak has been putting the team on his back. But like what I'm seeing from this office line, the running backs, the receiver, we got your back, I got your back, you got my back. And Dak is doing it to where everybody said, hey, this week, I'm getting a piece. Pickings you doing it for? Nor you doing it to where Dak was the background guy, even though he policed everything right there.
Speaker 6: He was batman with the Justice League. He helped build all that.
Speaker 3: It's still early. It's still early. A lot of football go and yes, winless football team. But I go back, this is what you're supposed to.
Speaker 4: Do right to get in front of you was in front of you, and you need you need it going into this back stretch like you you go with it.
Speaker 6: You go with the Jests, then you go with the Panthers.
Speaker 4: Then after that that's where that gauntlet is gonna pick up. And so what they say, you got to have those good days to when you do get a bad day.
Speaker 3: We'll have to see Trey, really have to see it because maybe this back.
Speaker 6: In and chief saying is what we thought they.
Speaker 2: Was charge no boy.
Speaker 4: Heard at home, as I thought as soon as I started to take the herb cool, you know what b C was right? And then I said, I knew it heard.
Speaker 2: Look he's still playing well, and.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, you know so I'm just sitting here just so I'm just saying, we're talking about that back in and this is what the league is. Every year it changes. Let's see what happens and why you got it. It's a week to week league where teams at when do you get them, how do you get them? This week is going to be at Carolina, and you know the Panthers. That to me it's a home game, and I remember the last time they went out there. Man, the Panthers gave them a fight first half. So this this league, man, is if you if you love football, this league right now is really fun to watch because you truly don't know.
Speaker 5: It's all about matchups, man, Like it's about matchups.
Speaker 3: And last night, you know you think about I mean, for me watching that that Patriot game and you just saw one coaching matters guy. You all know it because you went through coaching Mike Rabel.
Speaker 7: It's always been a tough game between those two. It's always been it's a tough game.
Speaker 4: But it makes me think about the question that you asked last show New when you asked us she said, how much does coaching matter? Like this weekend? I think what's the weekend that can explain everything that we were saying that when you have guys buying there, when you have that momentum like that Pete Carroll approach where you're attacking them like you see that in Shoddy, like you're seeing it with all these guys, where these teams are starting to turn around and you're like, whoa Carol, Yeah, Pete Carroll, what are you talking about? You see I'm talking about this. I'm talking about what Pete did in Seattle.
Speaker 5: And first of all, there you know what, man, I.
Speaker 3: Talked to a staffer over there, and and he just said, first year there there you go and do so much exactly sometimes And and look, man, my brother Gen know.
Speaker 2: Who brought Gino?
Speaker 6: Gino?
Speaker 4: But what did you have over there? You do what you had?
Speaker 2: You brought Tino. You could have Rick, Sammy d over there. You could have brought all them cat you brought Gino.
Speaker 4: You could have come on Sam Sam Donald at that time, at that time.
Speaker 6: Who was the more proven player? Gino or Sam?
Speaker 4: At that?
Speaker 2: Did you see what Sam? Don't do that ship? Sam Donald had his break through was a cost.
Speaker 4: And Gen and Gino made that team a playoff team.
Speaker 2: Now he made them a playoff All of them say is I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what the cost is? That that would be something to look into. What was the cost because Sam got a nice contract and and it ain't it ain't. But I don't but I don't know what. I don't know what their I don't know what their financial situation was and and what all was going on in there. But I'll say this over I'm a trade. When you're talking about a programmed builder and the guy Pete Carroll is a guy, I'll sign up for Pete Carroll all day long. And and the Raiders got some work to do. They got some work to do. And I know it started off good. But at the end of the day, man give me Pete Carroll long term, long time. But you know, over year.
Speaker 4: Hold so you know, so okay, do you give Pete Carroll credit for building Seattle? Exactly like that? He built that program.
Speaker 2: It's over a decade ago, over.
Speaker 4: A decade ago, and it's still sustained for as as long as it did.
Speaker 2: That was over that.
Speaker 4: We talk about Pete Carroll with the Legion of Boom, Legion of Boom, and then even after the Legion of Boom left, Russell was still going to playoffs. He was still winning. Uh, he was still winning his division. He was still like getting first round byes. Like he was cooking so much. They got him about it in there because what they got used to winning. They got used to winning and expected like, hey, we need the super Bowl, Like what's going to get us over the edge, Like you're gonna It's just like when people were sitting here saying, oh, they got used to that. Oh, Dak is not that guy like Dak has been putting up numbers since he's been here. But now so and this is just me.
Speaker 3: When I talk about Pete, I'm talking about overall the program, the coach, and who he is. Go back to USC, you know, having covered Paul Hackett's USC teams and seeing what happened when Pete got there, the coach and what they built. Then going to see what he did in Seattle to do that Oakland hot Las Vegas hiring Pete Carroll, that's a move I would have made as an owner, how to make it? And right now, hey, one year into it so far, there's some bumps and the quarterback ain't getting it done. But if I'm going to if this a stock, I would invest in Pete Carroll, oldest coaching football right now.
Speaker 7: But look at it, though, from the standpoint of this franchise and where where the Raiderst franchise has been over how many years now?
Speaker 2: All right, so it ain't gonna.
Speaker 7: Happen in one year, look definitely, And so you know he does like like they're saying, Pete does have the track record behind him to show that he's able to turn things around.
Speaker 2: But uh, you know, and and.
Speaker 7: And and with that Raiders organization, having Brady in there too.
Speaker 3: Before you give me that guy who's on the screen there right behind Josh mcdames, Nobody how him, like what do you do? When they went and brought John Gruden, I like, what do you do?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: This is the biggest and the safest name that you can do with getting somebody. You have Pete Carroll, a super Bowl winning coach, a guy that's went to like at every level, he's had the success and he's been the builder you know how it is as a coach. There's a coach that goes around there and say, hey, I run the organization. But there are different coaches like that build up culture.
Speaker 2: You pointed at.
Speaker 7: Josh McDaniels because think about what he did to Denver all right, then he got a chance to go to the Raiders and do the same thing.
Speaker 2: And the only time he has.
Speaker 7: Actually been successful is as a coordinator because as a head coach he had to do everything else like that, try to win games.
Speaker 3: Couldn't get it done, couldn't get it done at all. So that's my thing over, you know, and I don't know what Pete got three or four year deal, three or four years. If they listen to Pete, I believe they can be successful. I believe in the man, and I think he's got the track records.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 4: You don't think they're better off right now?
Speaker 3: You look at right Shottenheimer right now, shot I think they got the wrong guy at the quarterback spot.
Speaker 2: And you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, too, we all know that ain't long that this this.
Speaker 2: Stock he gonna be on. He a placeholder. Here's a placeholder here.
Speaker 3: But what you're seeing out of Brian Schottenheimer, I can't tell you how many times you talked to Shotty he talks about Pete Carroll or this. What he's doing is based off something Pete's Dupe Trey. You you were there after a win. He's just looking at the list who had a touchdown? You know, he goes through who had a sack, who had a phoneble recovery. These are things he got from Pete. Also, he makes his in what he got from his father. But I'll say this that high energy and how you approach guys and how you get players to play man, I go back Trey Diggs. Trey said he knew Thursday he wasn't starting because Shot he told him. And I think that's a big deal right there, to go ahead and let a player know whatever happened, and Traye didn't say it, and Shot he wouldn't tell us either. Well we all kind of know, but to go to the player and say it and not wait too. Well, that comes Sunday morning, he slide up to you, sugarcoating, and.
Speaker 4: It wasn't no back. It wouldn't. We all know what Trey Diggs like, He's not the guy that's gonna hold his tongue if something happens he get rubbed the wrong way, he's gonna drop a hint or something like that, like he took it on the chin, like you said, he got told earlier. And you know how it is as a vet like you can easily have one of those big pay vests that if they get told early, oh, they gonna come out to the media. I ain't starting, I ain't doing this, and they make it a whole toxic situation and we're not hearing that, at least not right now. And so I think that goes to what you said earlier, players are really buying into what they have going on. Right now, Shoddy is having that snowball effect where it's starting off rough. But I've been there where I've seen Pete Carroll say, hey, get this going. So I'm seeing all this within Shoddy right now. And that interview because when you said it, when he was given the shout out, literally that was Pete carroll voice right then and there. And to have your owner right there with you like I'm getting it bomb like Andy, this is the first time you have seen in a long long time that cowboys are having unisons in all the phases right now. If that Ny, this is.
Speaker 2: Just one thing that I.
Speaker 3: Well take it together and take a break right now.
Speaker 6: I don't think, oh my god.
Speaker 12: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Cat.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: It's game day and raising kames.
Speaker 13: If you want to order like a child. It's action off the field. You need to focus on. The only play you're running is chicken. So what conbo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to.
Speaker 2: Order online are on our app.
Speaker 13: This season is about to be unbeatable. Raising Cain's chicken fingers.
Speaker 14: One love, Hey cowboy f his Keith Davis here, former Cowboys safety You know what separates Champtons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment With blockchain dot com that's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players.
Speaker 4: Loune Cowboys Nation. Limited single game tickets are available now. Get ready to bring the noise as you watch the Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host NFC East Rivals Eagles Commanders plus the Chiefs, Chargers Vikings. Y'all know what I'm gonna say, Call of Duty the Cardinals. Visit Dallascowboys dot Com slash tickets orca geek dot com, the official primary tea partner of the Dallas cowboyd.
Speaker 3: Well, you were talking about calling duty and Arizona Cardinals. Did you watch that mess man at home in Arizona yesterday against the Titans.
Speaker 2: Will say there were some of the.
Speaker 5: Most flukiest things I've ever seen in that game. First, I mean, my man's dropping the ball once again, which is just idiotic.
Speaker 2: But y'all see the one where Cam wore through the interception.
Speaker 4: I was like, come on, man, what he said? Whoever that was they got that touchdown?
Speaker 6: They say, yes, add that to the stat sheet.
Speaker 2: What crazy?
Speaker 4: I mean that was at the end, at the end of the year. They ain't gonna care how you.
Speaker 2: Count.
Speaker 3: This is what bad teams do, man, And just reading and I just decided to do a dive on social media for watching Cardinal fame this like me, I gotta quit. I can't do this anymore. I mean how hard it is because you watched that play happen. Then you watch Mario de Kramado running running seventy something yards and drops the ball right before him. But then you see video somebody captured video. On the sidelines, we're ganning. The head coach, Dontthor Gandler runs up to him. He gets in his face and then he walks off and he's mad. And I'm eisy a coach and you're letting happen, baby.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what the fascination is with that. You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I understand you want to make it look like you easy strolling to the end zone.
Speaker 2: Like that this ain't out there, but like what is?
Speaker 7: We've seen this so many times from high school all the way up to the NFL.
Speaker 2: We have seen this. So at some point in time.
Speaker 7: Ball security we already know is one of the most important things in the NFL.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be selfish. Let me be a runner back. Maybe it's the D Lineman in me. No, no, I'm saying I'm going to be selfish. Maybe it's the D lineman in me, but I'm gonna be the guy who was the guy.
Speaker 6: That always kept there.
Speaker 4: Uh they kept every one of their footballs when they scored the touch Smith.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be me.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm going to sit there and be like, nah, this money boy, like I got every one of those sacks, fumbles, like those big plays that I had. What I went straight up to the ball boy with a market and said, don't you lose this, like you're you're giving away gold? Right now? What do we do it? All? Right?
Speaker 3: So Anthony trade more Bearry Church stretch, So tell me this start with you. What do you say in the room when he does that, Dune Cormado does that, and these are the points that could have been used to win the football game.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course y'all want to hear that.
Speaker 7: We're going to be in there, who ride, no him and everything else like that, But the first thing is going to be that's still your teammate, number one. He made a really dumb mistake, but next week it could be you. So don't get it twisted. You could be caught up in the fire. The next week too, is just as well. So I mean, and I'm appreciate. I think that's a young dude, right, how many years he been there? Yeah, you full grown dog doing that now, Like it just depends, you know, like something we've had these conversations where you could be in some rooms and you can talk to certain people and they understand this's the accountability more so than anything that you're looking for. Then it's some rooms where like that dude is already gonna be sensitive and on a hundred because he did that already.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's gonna be.
Speaker 7: Some tip towing around there, but it's definitely gonna be some coaching in there, and it's gonna be more so coming from the coaches than it is the players.
Speaker 3: All right, So Trep, we talked about this last week with the coaching. So you guys are players. You all see this, right, I mean you guys watch highlights, so it's not like you haven't seen it or anybody seeming a boy DeShawn Jackson who's done it twice.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is out here, right, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: And that's why I'm I'm gonna agree to disagree with ad on this one because yes, you're gonna have some grace because it can be anybody. But after a certain level of grace, we're all professionals. We're all doing this job and what a.
Speaker 6: Good coach is gonna do. They're gonna sit there.
Speaker 4: Everybody can laugh, joke about it, and hopefully it wasn't on your team. If it was on your team, it might go a whole different situation. But I'll tell you like this, around the league, every Friday, every special team coach that I've been a part of, been on part of nineteen, they give you the clips mistakes of dumb stuff. Don't beat don't be a Dan if you can, if you're smart enough, know what Dan is. Yes, don't be that guy. And when you say that, who said, no, no, no, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no the guy, the guy that made that natural. But you know every coach as that guy as far as making certain stuff. You know, certain stuff ain't flying like that. But anyways, so no, we're not gonna let that fly. But what they said, they show these plays that are so dumb where you're just like, bro, this is this is y'all need to stop. I'm gonna tell you like this, y'all can google my resume. Y'all know I'm not letting that fly. Like what are we talking about? Never been one of those guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Farren, No, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: Say all that, but so what you doing? So I'm saying, we're gonna look at him and you're gonna get roasted. And on top of that, you're gonna have a fine. Like you got your in room fine, you got your fines around the league. But the vets that I've been around that held you accountable. They said, the biggest way that you can be accountable is your money. Like that right, there is something detrimental that's a five hundred dollars fine a thousand dollars fine. That's what I'm saying. He would have got a thousand dollars fine just for being a day, and then after that it would have been like, hey, bro, it happens to other people, but don't let it happen to you again. And on a team like the Cardinals, you might lose your job. Like you're not a good winning team right now.
Speaker 2: If I'm the coach, you just gotta keep it in a thousand with him.
Speaker 5: You gotta, you know, sit him down, talk to him and say, hey, man, you know, being real, that might have been your one chance. You might have blew it because look at you, a third string running back from the get it too losing team James.
Speaker 2: Connor to get hurt.
Speaker 5: It took Trey Benson to get hurt for you to get an opportunity to go out there and show what you can do. You went out there, you showed some explosiveness, but then you had the mental area.
Speaker 2: You had the dumb mistake out there.
Speaker 5: So if I'm a coach, hey, I just gotta keep it a Being with you like that right there might have cost you your opportunity here now. I don't know if you get an opportunity somewhere else, but that type of dumb mistake because it wasn't like it was.
Speaker 2: Just a penalty of fifteen yard that held up something.
Speaker 5: Those points right there could have iced the game, that could have won the game, won the game one one again. And that is the difference from making him go to being the second string number two contributor or to permanently being a special team guy. To that guy that's debatable if you're going to have a jersey that next up and coming weekend, because you have to be accountable.
Speaker 6: You can't afford to make those mistakes like that.
Speaker 4: Like you gotta, like like Bill said when he came up the rookie year, you gotta know your role and know what you can and what you can.
Speaker 3: So so here's also just when you think about the the mistake that was made so bad, Arizona drops to two and three, that puts him in last place. If they win that football game against Tennessee, what you're thinking is going to happen, that makes them three and two, and right now in the West, San Francisco's in first at four and one, and if you're three and two, you're right there tied with Seattle, and the Rams who both lost. So that I mean, that's that's big time right there. And once again it's Tennessee a team you thinkers you should get a win at home against By the way, that Gino Smith was terrible as the Raiders got beat forty to six, and Daniel Jones one more time out here cutting it up twenty for twenty nine for two touchdowns. I was just three years The Colts are playing some really good football.
Speaker 2: Four and one.
Speaker 3: They had to go bring in a new broadcast because Mark Sanchek man out there getting busy in the street, doing.
Speaker 2: Too much butning good after twelve What was he on that night?
Speaker 8: Allegedly allegations intoxicated beat up a sixty nine year old man while he was going after the sixty nine year old man who had hearing he had hearing his well out his knife, people stabbing him right back.
Speaker 3: Oh you hear this?
Speaker 2: Hear me so?
Speaker 3: And then they showed that they showed pictures of the man in his room, and and you just you say, sixty one, your old man. You know, you don't know how people look. Man, This dude he looked like seventy. Got all the blood off. I was was a healthy, so so not good. And then of course you initially I read the police report.
Speaker 2: Man, so he did say she has dirty I thought he got robbed.
Speaker 3: Oh, then the details started coming out and you see, oh you know, man, you were you were out here fighting and you.
Speaker 6: Were deserved every bit said.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're gonna get arrested when you get at it, right, so man, they arrest you. Man, you arrested in the hospital. Then they transferred to jail, and then you read the whole report. Then you see the pictures of the man. My first thought is he gonna still have a job.
Speaker 4: That's tough. That's gonna be tough. Man. If he if he still got a job, he must know somebody, because there's no way.
Speaker 2: I mean, they already got issues going on over.
Speaker 4: And on top of this, you got on a work trip right now, you're on a work trip, like what are you doing?
Speaker 3: And they had to go send somebody to go take.
Speaker 4: Your place exactly like you just got you got some make sure we gotta fly him in unless you have somebody on stand by waiting right there. You have to do it on and.
Speaker 3: Let's just keep it. Really it's the players, okay, it was coach Raiders. So that's not the A team, that ain't the B team, that ain't the C team. That's the that's the bottom of the bitch. So they don't really need to keep you. They got five six dudes waiting to come in here and get a spot.
Speaker 4: You got people, you got people up there getting nepotism at that car.
Speaker 2: It was like, you're not good enough to Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I'll be there, and would you say that? You know you're not happy that somebody got hurt, but you walked by that training room and be like, yeah, man, Mark you got I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Know, stand back, boy, Isaiah, stand back.
Speaker 2: The real quick.
Speaker 4: What you need to wear? Next? Man up?
Speaker 2: Standing back?
Speaker 3: Being the room by nine thirty, you know, sleeping, You know you have to.
Speaker 2: Worry about the street. But like the old man anywhere, that's what old get paid.
Speaker 4: Oh that's what I said. If I if I'm the old man, Oh, I'm.
Speaker 3: Hitting them in the family.
Speaker 4: Were coming what first round?
Speaker 12: Pick?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 2: After Mark?
Speaker 4: We want after that?
Speaker 2: As one man. You turned this man loose back.
Speaker 4: I'm going ahead everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh man, he ordered the code.
Speaker 4: I tried everything in my power. I maceed them, I went everything. I see it from my life and he kept coming.
Speaker 2: Was amazed, Bro, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Be he was. He was an animal. He was a month. Every time I turn on the game right now, I get so said man did uh?
Speaker 3: Good luck to says trying to get your Lloyd to keep that job. You know, whatelse what happens. Most likely, what you'll see is like we saw with the Shannon Shark. Hey, you're gonna have you take a break, step away a little bit. He stept the way so long that you never step back in. Just go ahead and leave your duty, all right, play it now, George set more Church scrugs. Thanks to Chris Mean. Everybody's a part of this. Made it happen right here. Dallas cowboy dot Com.
Speaker 6: Go watch these deliveries people.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club