Speaker 1: Two pros and a cup of Joe. Fox Sports Radio in for the Dan Patrick Show. Coming up on this Thursday edition, we are going to tell you more about the story that has got this show all hot and bothered about what it's going to look like on one college campus during games this season. Plus, we're going to have a conversation about how many twenty two plus and beyond players in the NFL, some of which have already partaken and recorded multiple sacks and preseason games that are going to be on some of those college football rosters this upcoming season. We're going to tell you about Von Miller and his quest for another Super Bowl. Now, this one's going to look a little bit different in Dallas as opposed to the previous two. We've got the very latest on the Browns quarterback competition, including why it's a competition to begin with, and apparently Deshaun Watson doesn't really care at all what the fans in Cleveland think. Plus one agent said a lot this offseason and it was all a bunch of garbage. It's all yours and we got the usual shenand against of course, well, it's two pros and a.
Speaker 2: Cup of Joe.
Speaker 1: LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for the Dan Patrick Show right here on Fox Sports Radio. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Jonas Knox, Brady Quinn in for Dan and the guys. You can hear us weekday mornings before The Dan Patrick Show Monday through Friday, six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific. And we are off and running here on this Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: How are we feeling here?
Speaker 3: Boys?
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, good.
Speaker 1: Good morning for we're all rocking and rolling here. So we've got a little bit of a technical difficulties going on, having some issues. We'll try and figure this whole thing out here.
Speaker 4: You want to try to make it back to CRPGM if you can, you can't get to it, okay, Well, and you're not on air, All right, Well let's let's get into what a what an interesting way to start the show.
Speaker 3: But that's all right.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, as you heard Jonas Knox before his technical difficulties, drug him down the toilet bowl. I'll take over for everyone right here, and well, let's start this thing off with a little bit of liberty mutual. Everyone's searching for ways to save on insurance. Switch to Liberty Mutual and they'll customize your auto and home insurance so you only pay for what you need.
Speaker 3: Liberty Liberty, Liberty Liberty.
Speaker 4: Get a quote at Libertymutual dot com or with your local independent agent, and maybe the technical difficulty has been corrected, and the up topper boys, as I call.
Speaker 3: Them, are back. We are good, We are all.
Speaker 2: We are are all right.
Speaker 1: So here's what I wanted to say to you, guys. I was a little bit surprised. That was kind of like my night last night.
Speaker 5: By the way, what happened last night?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I'm sure, bro.
Speaker 5: You texted a little bit. Text it well about you discovered a charge card that you said you've never seen before.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I saw. I saw an American Express come out.
Speaker 3: Where was I at? Oh no, yeah, where.
Speaker 4: Was I I don't even I was at the ivy. There you go, thanks, Patty. I was at the ivy and I was having lunch with with Penn, with my my youngest daughter. We were having daddy daughter date.
Speaker 3: And you know, you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not impressed by very much. It's not it's just I just live life. It is what it is, and it's not very often something pops up and I'd be like, oh s look at that.
Speaker 5: But you did last night.
Speaker 4: Man, it was during the day last night too, last night too. I mean she saw my wife last night. Holy moldly.
Speaker 3: By the way, you should see the watch when I get that feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro's got to watch on right now.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be four million dollars.
Speaker 1: But this this, this guy that was serving the table was paying the bill like he he put the bill like the card in the pet and it just hit my eye like it like blinded me for a second, like like the sun rays hit it.
Speaker 4: It bounced off of the card. It hit me in the face and blinded me. And I could I could sue American Express for this card.
Speaker 3: I don't. I've never seen a card this color. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I've seen black, I've seen red. I've seen a few American Express cards and you touch them, it's like, oh, that's a card. But this one was different. I said, that's gotta be like oil money or something something. There's something different about this card that I've never seen. But it was it was almost like titanium platinum mixed with white gold, mixed with something silver mixed with every precious metal that that existed.
Speaker 6: When they drop it on the table to make a big clattering sound like, it sounded very solid.
Speaker 4: I don't think Day was dropping that card. That card almost looked like you could put it like on your necklace, like a like you could wear it like a charm after you're done dazzled. No, it was so it looked like it. I can't explain. I just explained it the best way that I can.
Speaker 5: Dude, come on, you could compare it to.
Speaker 4: I just explained it the best way that I could explain it. You would have had to have seen it. I've never seen heavy. I've never seen one like. I didn't touch it heavies. But they're all heavies. They're all heavy. And that wasn't even that was That was just the warm up. So I became best friends with Sean Kimp last night. That's my best Now we will be forever best friends.
Speaker 3: Out man, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think you understood like I didn't get many jerseys when I was young. I had a Sean Camp jersey though, man, I loved Sean Camp. I have no idea why I grew up a Cleveland sports fan. I maybe had like a Mark Price Jersey, maybe a Brad Doerdy. That's it. Like then it was Sean Camp. I have no idea why I was the biggest fan of Sean Camp.
Speaker 1: But those Sonics teams were so cool.
Speaker 4: There was Gary Paton was in there last night. They was up in there, Sam Cassell. I saw Sam talk to Sam. Mike Players hold on so so, Mike Irvin.
Speaker 3: Was in there. T O was in there.
Speaker 4: Man there there there were a ton now, I mean it was it was a who's who of people up in there. And I tell you what, there was a whole lot of chum too. Oh yeah, oh oh my gosh. You want to talk about attracting the sharks.
Speaker 5: Shut Penn State fratnizing going on there?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, oh yeah. It was all kinds of.
Speaker 4: Who says it doesn't I saw speaking of cocaine. I mean, I mean, but you know, you think of usual suspects and verbal Kemp and Kaiser. I met Sammy Sosa, like I met Sammy Sosa last night.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Ralph Sampson was up in there. Uh there was.
Speaker 4: There was just a gang like the Pump Brothers are super dope and they they they represent such great causes many They represent the youth, take care of the youth. They they do so many great things in the community. I don't know how they get so many people to come out, man, I mean they Marcus Allen was up in there. Uh, talk to him. He's coming to the white out this year, so that should be fun. I told him, you're gonna come with me?
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 4: They're multiple now there, No, it's not. It's just more celebrated now, Like can you imagine the thing white out? It will be much more celebrated this year. Yeah, that's well said. I mean imagine, by the way, imagine all the jokes for Halloween.
Speaker 3: White out?
Speaker 1: How many how many people do you think are going to go dressed as Pablo from Narcos for Halloween? Oblo for what they call him, fradilbar Ledge, gbar Ledge, Gbaran. I mean people we became famous overnight, Like Penn State is now like.
Speaker 3: A Colt, a Colt hero or something. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean I always said, like everybody was joking, right, So the minute somebody make a joke about it, like oh, they're doing that cocaine at your school, Like how many times you done cocaine?
Speaker 3: They shut up.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say you over being. You're a little sensitive about it yesterday. Now I think we could joke about it. No, I wasn't sensitive about it. I went through the scandal. I went through the scandal, bro, like cocaine.
Speaker 4: Sorry, no disrespect, But there's probably anybody out there that's judging them kids like, yeah, judge them for selling it.
Speaker 3: But most of y'all, y'all don't used cocaine.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, Like, you're lying to yourself and other people if you tell them you didn't partake in it. Now, at the end of the day, I don't like the fact that we keep getting in trouble. But I went through the sex scale. Bro, I don't there's nothing that even comes. But I don't get I don't get sensitive about it. It doesn't you know, it doesn't equate to how bad that that.
Speaker 5: I'll say this much. You guys could have had a huge nil sponsor. You know if.
Speaker 3: Hey, bro, can you imagine the money we be washing and getting?
Speaker 1: What's the Let me actually look up what's the nearest ski resort next to State College?
Speaker 3: Chessea Mountain?
Speaker 5: There you go?
Speaker 1: Why go there when we can bring it here? Well?
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing, it's till the summer. You want to go skiing in August? Can you help us out.
Speaker 1: Let's come in, let's come in, and let's let's spray the mountain. I mean, you know, maybe that's why some of these guys that are like thirty eight years old are trying to go back and get their eligibility. You apparently, no, apparently, and I'm shocked to see that.
Speaker 3: You guys lovely crack.
Speaker 4: By the way, I would have said crack, I would have been offended.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie to you. If they just said.
Speaker 4: Crack, they out there up school, they smoking crack, I'd be like, you know what, that's offensive.
Speaker 3: I don't like. But we have the rich man's drug. So that is true.
Speaker 5: That's a good way of looking at looking at it.
Speaker 4: Let's be hot, let's be high class degenerates if we're going to do it.
Speaker 1: So I was I'm impressed by your guys' commitment to this business because I thought for sure when the news came out that all of a sudden, there's a the ability for multiple players that have been signed by NFL teams to go back to college because they'd like to get another year of eligibility, including somebody who had two sacks in a preseason game over the weekend. This whole thing is wild that we are at the point now where you can sign with a roster, be on an NFL roster, be active in NFL games preseason or not, and still be able to go back to college. Based on what happened yesterday and the ruling that came out yesterday, I don't get it.
Speaker 5: A few things here, the first being that some players who are currently under contract are working with their agent to get released out of that contract before think about that, before they even get cut by an NFL team, or if there's a chance they get cut by an NFL team, they're already trying to work on and in most cases, these guys went undrafted, so they're already trying to work on getting back to the college level where there's more of a guarantee of what they're going to make. They'll be highly coveted because of their age, experience, and obviously if they're able to at least make an NFL roster, it gives you a sense of how good they are and how good they'll be at the college level. So it's crazy that this you know what. July thirty first Colorado Federal judge ruling has now had this sort of impact, as all these other players have filed lawsuits as well to be able to find their way back for this fifth year if they graduated high school in twenty twenty two. So it's wild to think that, man. I mean, it's a part of me that, like, does pride exist for some of these guys though? Like is there an element in your back of your mind where you're like, no, dude, I wouldn't pro like I just had two sacks in a game. I don't need to go back to college.
Speaker 3: You Nope.
Speaker 5: It would just feel like a little Van Wilder. It's like, yeah, ah, the old guys back. Oh, here we go. Here we go again. Like, I don't know, man, something about it just maybe just because the area in which we played LeVar. Yeah, it sits weird with me. I just feel like, I don't know, kind of like a loser, like I couldn't make it at that level or there was some concern. So I'm coming back and down here for another year. Let's run it back.
Speaker 4: Can I let me ask this question, does a year make a difference in making it onto an NFL roster.
Speaker 3: I told my son this is true story both of them.
Speaker 4: If you're not NFL ready by your third year of college, start thinking about what your other opportunities in life are going to be. Go to the resource offices, meet with your professors, figure out what it is that you're going to do. Because the best time for you to get hired and get recruited to a job where you can grow in it and have a pretty decent ceiling is while you're in school. I feel like outside of certain industries, if you graduate, if you leave school, you're now immediately overqualified to get the job, and they're going to get somebody that's already in school that they're recruiting out of school to come get that job.
Speaker 3: What if you're not ready by your fifth year, If.
Speaker 4: You're not ready by your third year, could something possibly potentially happen you have a growth spurt, you got a late one, or you were a young freshman, a young sophomore and starting to get a little older as a junior. I would say yes, there are some exceptions to the rule, but largely if you haven't acclimated to college football well enough to be on the board to actually be a legitimate employee for the National Football League if you went to the National Football League right now as a fourth year senior, as if you come out as a junior, you better make it, because that's stupid to come out early and you don't make it in If you come out as a senior to go into the NFL and you're not going to make a team, does coming back to college give you an extra or did you go to.
Speaker 3: Camp and you're like, oh, I see what I have to do.
Speaker 4: Let me go back to college and practice it and see if I can get it right for next year. I just don't think you're going to improve enough to be able to make it next year either.
Speaker 5: So here's where I'd say I think they can is look at the case of Fernando Mendoza. Had he not gone to Indiana and spent that year where they win a national championship, he wins the Heisman, is he going to be the number one overall pick? My guess is no. He was at Cal, a starter, played for a couple of years, was a good player, maybe even draftable, but not first to overall pick. So yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: Say, definitely can make it though that's draft stuff.
Speaker 5: But but but that's real, Like, to me, that's real because that's what you're ultimately talking about. You were talking about some of these guys who are able to come back for one more year granted be a fifth year, and be able to be a guy who's undraftable to a guy who maybe goes the middle rounds.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that makes a big difference. I look at losing your job. That's how I'm looking at it. You get into the league, whether you got drafted, whether you were unrestricted free agent, and you're not going to But.
Speaker 5: That's not how they're not that's not how they're looking at it. Like they're looking at their earning potential playing the game of football. And now it's start your clock starts in college. You know it used to be in the NFL, So you'd be looking at, Okay, how do I get to a second contract? How do I maximize my chances of getting that big second contract, because that's really where all the money is, and if you're lucky enough and healthy enough, you can make the third contract. But now these guys are like, I'm trying to earn all I can while I can play the game of football, and that might start for some in high school. That might start then for some once to get to college. But if they're into the third year and if they're making money but they're not one of those top guys, I would actually say what you're saying is great and it's right, like you're not an outlier. But I would say this. I would say, if you're not draft eligible, meaning like you haven't separated yourself by your third year, I would say you should want to go for two more years. You should want to maximize all you can because there is a huge gap in between. You know, pick your player that's going to be coming back, who just got cut in camp or is trying to get released to go back to play for his fifth year in college football. He's probably gonna make half a million dollars, maybe more, depending on the position, depending on the school and how much how much they have left in the budget for him. It could be a million dollars. If that guy was undrafted. He's not making that right.
Speaker 4: So all I'm saying, you know, you answered the question then, so it's not even really about you guys.
Speaker 3: You said, do they have shame to go back?
Speaker 5: No, because there's a there's a business element, but I still would be going back kind of like, hey guys, I'm back again.
Speaker 3: You know what I was, you know the other takeaway, Hey.
Speaker 5: Let's let's run back again. Yes, yeah, you know imagine the program they do it. They do a program to or it was a program.
Speaker 3: They're just like all right here again, you know.
Speaker 4: But this also exposes how good the NFL is. It does expose the talent or because some of these guys will go back to college and be ballers for their team, they'll be bothered it's to college.
Speaker 5: It's twofold. It does show you how obviously incredible it is to play in the NFL for any period of time. But it also shows you, like, still how good that guy is, Like, yeah, he kind of made it for a little bit or was there, but also he's damn good at college football. Like I was just talking to you my sister about something today about you know, just the odds of you know, one of their friends got a women's Division one scholarship. You go to play soccer, and it was like, you know how hard that is? You know if you do the stats on it, like she is the three percent of probably America that can go play for a Division I program in a women's soccer program, considering all the competition there is for that, Like, they're they're pretty damn good. And if you're this kid where you even have a chance of getting drafted, or you go and can actually play in a preseason game, be successful, and then you come back down you're highly coveted. Yeah, you're pretty damn good. Like I think all of it kind of demonstrates how good they are even at each level. But yeah, I mean, obviously the NFL level is the you know, ultimate level you're trying to get to and and play at as long as you can while you can.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know, man, like I would.
Speaker 1: I mean, what's what are we talking about different wise from you know, these guys going to the NFL, Like a guy like you know, Jack Pieburn who had two sacks in a preseason game and now he's, you know, thinking about going.
Speaker 3: Back to college.
Speaker 1: I mean, what would he be making as a rookie as opposed to what he could get NIO wise.
Speaker 5: Rookie minimum is probably what seven hundred thousand if he made the roster, and that wouldn't come out until you know, week one, you know that that week because obviously they'll have cuts after camp and then there's some roster shuffling, and really it's that week one game day roster that solidifies your position. But it could be less than that if he's on the practice squad. And that's what I think some of these guys are worried about. Now, private squad players are allowed to negotiate to be paid like they are on the active roster. You know, that sometimes gets lost in the shuffle, where you know, guys will say, well, I'm still getting you know, paid like I am if I was on the active roster, even though I'm not. But in his case, you know, he might be a guy who gets a million bucks. I think the question comes down to does he go back to LSU or does he go back somewhere else Because there's also you know, we're talking about this fifth year of eligibility for this class of high school class of twenty twenty two athletes. But there's also a challenge to the transfer portal window, and there's players now who are challenging and saying, well, now the window has been shortened. That doesn't really fit and it's not fair because of how everything else is operating. I should be able to challenge the idea of a transfer portal window in general. That's where this thing, the whole thing's going now too. And I think this is all a sign that we haven't needed some sort of federal legislation to calm this whole thing down, because what you're having is individual judges all across the country, you know, setting precedent and kind of baking up basically making the rules as they go. And that's never good for the sport. But unfortunately that's the world we're living in right now.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, man. I just would you guys have done it? It's just hard to comprehendright, let me ask you this. And and I also, I would have seen it.
Speaker 4: You'd have done all of it, would have done I would have done it. He would have done all I would have I mean yeah, I mean imagine my game would have been the Come on, man, I get to go back to young kids.
Speaker 5: Haven't even seen that movie. It's crazy when you talk to young kids about what they watch, You're like.
Speaker 7: There was a whole lot of low lows or late whatever that what would la laws and Beverly, there was a lot of la laws, and and and.
Speaker 3: That was what what was? What's her name?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: She's a good looking woman too. What's her name from? He got game from?
Speaker 1: He got game?
Speaker 3: Rosario Dawson.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean I'm a fan.
Speaker 5: There last night.
Speaker 4: She she wasn't at least I didn't see her in spirit spirit.
Speaker 1: But there were TOMPs. Hey, man, if you're gonna go fishing, no, man, the.
Speaker 5: Plastic surgeon, they said, go give me that.
Speaker 4: That was that was last night? Was that was the Serengeti last night. That was a national park of protected you know what an unprotected national park?
Speaker 3: Last night? Don't people?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: People was getting the hell up out of their man. You could tell.
Speaker 4: All the dudes that was married that didn't want to be scumbags that cats was pouring up out of there.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 4: Mintrice was sitting outside just talking and my best friend, my new best friend, Shot Camp. We were outside. We were sitting outside on the deck just talking because it was really hot on the inside. And you just saw all these up top boys coming out shaking their heads like getting in there.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: Way Mos, which about the way, uh Waimo totally boned us yesterday, by the way, we used Waymo blame the guy in the Philippines is driving it.
Speaker 3: It was a too I know. We got to get out of here.
Speaker 4: It was a three minute drive back to our hotel turned into a fifteen minute circle by circle by. I called called the help desk, and the help that said, Joseph, Oh, we're sorry, you're dumb.
Speaker 5: We'll we'll give you people in the Philippines who are driving.
Speaker 2: I love the Philippines.
Speaker 5: You just attacked the guy.
Speaker 2: I love the Philippine.
Speaker 1: We will give you a crew. The the guy can't watch. He can't drive every WAYMO. You can only control the ones that are messing up that.
Speaker 3: I want my money back.
Speaker 4: The lady said, I'm sorry, and I understand your frustration, but we're gonna have to send this in an email and you'll get a response in the next week or two.
Speaker 1: Oh you got a WAYMO female driver. Really help desk. Oh, that's awesome. You know it's not the driver.
Speaker 4: The driver isn't jump and all like, hey, you need me to direct it down the street. It's the help does they're American. By the way, that WAYMO driving real good English. That WAYMO driver is probably in there looking for ass too. That WAYMOS was getting a whole out of that last night. Let me tell you, hey, come on over here. There was all kinds of way mos parking outside and they wasn't wrong.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: It is two pros and a cup of show filling in for the Dan Patrick Show here, so we are going to have some fun here. We've got a little segment we do called in case you missed it coming up later on this hour. We're also going to have potentially and Albert Breer siding at some point. Potentially we are efforting that as well too. All of it is yours here on this three hour extrafag ends. We will take you all the way up until noon Eastern time, nine o'clock Pacific. Up next, though, a lot of smoke out there about the future of a very good player in the NFL. Well, and apparently it was all bs. Find out who we're talking about right here next on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 8: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen to this show. No Mo the host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fosco show.
Speaker 1: No way, No how Lie.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Beaver Stadium.
Speaker 3: I think that's funny. We're snow florries.
Speaker 5: Don't go backwards?
Speaker 3: Who wait? Yeah, unbelievable, Like that was a quick break. I was, I was resolving some real issues.
Speaker 5: Oh man, this is a product of the last night.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, oh God? Say yeah.
Speaker 4: That takes on a whole different meaning. I blame this song for the snow flurries.
Speaker 5: That the home field environment isn't as good as it used to be, the crows as much like what are we gonna do?
Speaker 2: Those people dozing off over there?
Speaker 1: Cats up in that joint bumping, She's taking naps.
Speaker 2: Man, that's stick city down game now.
Speaker 4: Every song that is signature to our game day, Like you got to play Mobamba too at one point. Like when them songs come on our our stadium goes.
Speaker 3: Nuts.
Speaker 4: And it's always the student section that's the best.
Speaker 5: Little little did we know all we needed to do to make Penn State fans excited about Big Noon, you know, having a.
Speaker 3: New just just to have something.
Speaker 5: You know, we got the sponsor.
Speaker 1: It doesn't it doesn't seem like Ohio State complains a lot more than anybody else.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine competing with the other show and you were handing out in no way shape or for him and my advocating for this, you were handing out little little NFTs.
Speaker 5: It would have been a leg off on the competition.
Speaker 1: Why are they came date tickets rolled up? Oh no, they had the Big Noon, the Big Noon pit that Hey look man, get baptized, come out a new person. Uh you know, I'm a coffee guy myself. But whatever works for you. I mean, it's to each their own. It is a Dan Patrick show here on Fox.
Speaker 3: Compare to Cappeine and Coke, all.
Speaker 2: Right, different strokes for different folks.
Speaker 4: I think they did name and make a brand of soda popular off of the name. I'm just saying, this is a new depend state. Don't you act like we've like we're new to this. Y'all love buying coke what's up? And drinking it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if uh, that's.
Speaker 2: Really what the the goal was.
Speaker 1: And somebody got nervous, was like, no, no, no, I had something else to it.
Speaker 3: It's cola. But we love coke, boss, and so do the people.
Speaker 4: Well, then just add cola. Let's take a let's take a little bit of the sting away. Hey, by the way, you know it's still big in Chicago because I was just there. R C R C Cola is still around. How about that? Huh that's like crack. I guess that's the crackup pet. That's the crack pet. Cocaine is pepsi and Coca Cola.
Speaker 1: Let's go live to our r RC sodas the crack cocaine. Let's go live to our I have thoughts on Coke Insider Chris Prophet for the little What's Up Cocaine?
Speaker 6: Chris, Yeah, I'm I'm making all those trips up and down, uh Panama.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, r clothes like they're doing throwback hands on and now it's awesome.
Speaker 5: They're going to like eighties cans. It's great, as they should.
Speaker 4: I mean, those were the cookout sodas of the pop I mean yeah.
Speaker 6: Pop Midster, Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: That was that was the soda of choice when you went into the cooler to get soda.
Speaker 3: They had that.
Speaker 1: They had Cherokee Red, which I'm sure they did away with Cherokee Red, but they had Cherokee Red pop. And and why was the grape soda always called grape like they.
Speaker 3: Ain't care the orange?
Speaker 4: I don't know it like oranges, sunkiss sunkiss soda is in the can.
Speaker 1: Why do you call it great? Give it a name of purple drink?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Very different. I don't know that. Jonas and I have are very preoccupied.
Speaker 1: I really I remember Alexander the problem for the up Top Boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, problem with the kool A being called rick. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we didn't really have an issue with the grape one. I'm not sure why, but stupid.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's move on there, all right, can I H, I would like to read. I want to see if you guys can guess whose agent said the following. I'm gonna read a quote from a couple of weeks back. Quote. I just don't see it ending in anything but a trade at this point, Michael Parsons.
Speaker 5: Close a guess.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Brady, Yeah, it was Colin Roberts speaking to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times recently. You said, yeah, it's gonna end it a trade at this point, That's what it was. I could like, hey, J Brown and then no, not him, he is not No, he's uh. He's in New England figuring that whole thing out. But h. And then upon further review, there we're gonna get a Yeah, we're gonna get a.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get a deal done.
Speaker 1: And Vidavea is staying with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He gets a one year, thirty million dollar extension. He's going to be sticking around, and so all that smoke about we're gonna get traded, we want to be traded, We're not happy with where we're paid, blah blah blah blah blah. As the Great Pete Prisco always says, they all show up, it gets done, Everything gets done, and and here we are in Tampa with Vida ba back for more so.
Speaker 5: He was yeah, he was there. I just think they were trying to, you know, they were trying to figure out whether or not they could figure out some sort of extension for him. This leads me to think though, that Baker Mayfield's next. We've talked with Pete about this. The Bucks like to do these deals during training camp. I would like to say, this is all sorting to sound like one of these relationship shows, you know. I don't know if it's like Bachelor in Paradise or pick your show, but it's like people say things that they don't actually mean, and it's like just for dramatic effe and just to get it out there so people talk about it, and it puts more pressure on the organization or puts more pressure on whoever it is to be able to come to the neotiation table and give a better deal. But like we're living in that world right now where it feels like we just have people who are they're willing to be like Yep, nope, we'll never do it. I'll never do it. Okay, Yes, I will that looks good to me. I'll let me sign.
Speaker 3: Off on that.
Speaker 5: I just like we talk about it, and then two weeks later it's drastically different. I just I'm not even sure what to make of any of this.
Speaker 4: Congrats to Vida Beya, congratulate him on getting landing the nice little contract extension or contract.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I do wonder if, like, you know, people in front offices around the NFL, when they hear stuff like this or just like, all right, dude, okay, like Jason Light who's probably you know, who's been there forever, is he's seeing these quotes from v to BEA's agent and he's just like, all right, man, like okay, well did you blah okay.
Speaker 5: Did you see the conversation they showed on Hard Knocks between John Schneider and Nicole In about Terry and Arnold And at this point the Seahawks have basically said, hey, we're in on him, like we want to sign him. Nicoleon lennagres like this is a good situation for him. We want to go to you guys. But she has to throw in, well, we've got seven other teams. There's seven other teams that are really interested in him. It's like, so what he needs to call the seven other teams? Like does that matter at this point? Does it like like like the negotiations over, like you're both agreeing that he's It's like, you don't need to throw that in there. I mean, and again we just get so oftentimes people who knows if seven teams were legitimately interested, I have no clue if we take rid of a word. Okay, great, it just wasn't necessary. It's like that, it's over. You picked him, they picked you. It's a perfect match. Go get married together, go go move on to live your your happy ever after life.
Speaker 1: The commission, but it feels urry into though, Yeah, but I was gonna say, no, maybe she maybe she misspokes. She was trying to say there were seven other hostages that they had in that him part man, he was at the Airbnb.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to was there was one other person that was going to put you on his exempt list.
Speaker 1: Just trying to get to the bottom of this stuff here. I want to clear you know, any anybody's reputation. He's not going to play. You don't think so, No, he's never going to play. So you're calling your shot that secretarian.
Speaker 3: Arnold's not going well this year.
Speaker 4: I mean well until he's ruled eligible or until the case is dismissed.
Speaker 1: That whole investigation into that, it was like they found him, they had their big name, or like we'll go with him and then friend's like hold on a sun kid. There's there's a lot more going on here. But yeah, hey, look so uh vitave gets done and so you're trying to bury to lead. You're calling a shot on Baker Mayfield is to get done.
Speaker 5: Before the get done. I think it'll get done.
Speaker 3: Before the before the season starts.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean that's at some point this season. I think they'll get it done.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't think so, we shall see. It is The Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the Guys, brought to you by Panini America. The hottest Rookies', biggest superstars and all time greats. The only place to collect them all this Panini Trading Cards the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show for instant classics, autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, and more. Start or continue your collection now at Paniniamerica dot Net. Coming up next, we are going to tell you about how apparently there's a new, delicious way to get in shape, but it sounds awful and it's yours right here on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 8: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live, so.
Speaker 4: You wanna play it, so we gonna just have drubs music the whole show apparently.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio Arlington. Yes, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. You can hear two Pros and a Cup of Joe every weekday morning before the Dan Patrick Show. Coming up top next hour a little over ten minutes from now. Apparently somebody they don't care, they do not care whatsoever what their fan base thinks of them in the NFL. We'll get into that for you right here on FSR. You can also stream this show live wherever you happen to be in the iHeart app. Catch us in all of our Fox Sports Radio shows Live twenty four to seven and the New and improved iHeart app. Search Fox Sports Radio and the after streamers live all day every day, and be sure to select Fox Sports Radio is one of your presets in the iHeart app, so we'll always pop up at the top of your screen. So I got to ask a question to you guys, when you were working out and getting ready for the season. Was there a meal that you felt like gave you a boost when you were trying to get into better shape. Was there something you went to try and get you going it fill up the gas tank, so to speak, and get you rocking and rolling for the season.
Speaker 5: A meal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a meal of snack.
Speaker 3: Two fish filets with a tomato on it.
Speaker 1: No, no, come on, Chris enough. Yeah here two fish filets with a tomato on it? Really man, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Give me going.
Speaker 2: That was like a good workout.
Speaker 5: You're big on that one.
Speaker 3: How about it? Give me going?
Speaker 5: Chris really needed to chime in on that.
Speaker 3: I love those fla fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, all right, Brady.
Speaker 5: Was there anything that Donald's like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, McDonald Donald's nothing hits like those.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: I guess this is where you missed the mark here. You thought he was going like fancy.
Speaker 1: He's going no, no, no, no, because I've got a story for you that falls right, That falls right.
Speaker 5: I love Chipotle. I could eat Chipole every day in my life, all right, so I probably would have been Chipotle.
Speaker 1: So Scarner is a strength and conditioning coach at a high school in Georgia, and he's gone a little bit viral because he posted a snack that the offensive lineman USh as they're getting ready for the season. It is a peanut butter and jelly with a honeybun in the middle. Apparently it's delicious.
Speaker 3: I could see that.
Speaker 1: Really, like that is that? What is that what we're eating to get ready for a season? I mean they be and jay with a honeybun in the middle.
Speaker 4: You gotta get their caloriesam bro. Like calorie stacking is a very Okay, First, you don't.
Speaker 5: Eat food, so like anything that you say to people, it immediately comes off as judgmental because you don't. There's like not a meal that you could describe that you even enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's out of line, all right, It's kind of true though, but that's.
Speaker 3: Out of line.
Speaker 5: When's the last time eaten a few hours ago?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: It's true. No, that's not sure.
Speaker 3: We're sleeping a few hours ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe a few hours before that.
Speaker 5: See, but was an actual.
Speaker 1: You've already well, usually never after six or seven pm on a weeknight.
Speaker 3: Ever, people are outdoor, uh during lunchtime.
Speaker 2: I think my first uh.
Speaker 1: My first meal is usually around two thirty or three in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Where are they from? South America? You're pe where fromdondo?
Speaker 2: Got the card over there? What do you guys? Got that truck? Where they?
Speaker 3: Where are they from?
Speaker 2: Here's okay, but here's my way.
Speaker 1: Like so, peanut, butter and jelly, I would argue, is the pound for pound best sandwich sandwich on the planet. I would got butter and jelly growing up, But I mean still eight still carries its power.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not thing to go as your punch when you get older carries its power. No way, honey buns. Got no issue with those.
Speaker 3: I just had one the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had and you warmed it up with the uh with the space heater. I just feel like jamming that inside of p B and j offensive linemen or not enough's enough here? You want to know what would get a protein shake? Like I feel like there's something we could do a little bit cleaner.
Speaker 3: To get you ready for a seat.
Speaker 4: If the brit was Hawaiians, that that would be oh d Kings Hawaiian.
Speaker 5: You put anything on King's Hawaiian, it's good.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you could put asphat inside of a King Hawaiian like you imagine that'd be like, stuff's amazing.
Speaker 3: That'd be like cocaine on a sandwich.
Speaker 1: You imagine walking up to a cement mixing truck and be like, hey.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't get you for a second.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Hour two of The Dan Patrick Show is next.