Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Sophie is on the phone today for a first day follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Chris. So in a few minutes we're gonna call him and see if it tells why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date.
Speaker 1: But first, Sophie, how are you hi?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm good, all things considered.
Speaker 1: Well, how long has it been since you heard from Chris.
Speaker 3: It's been about two weeks now, so a good chunk of time.
Speaker 1: Honestly, have you been trying to get a hold of him?
Speaker 4: I was, but then I didn't want to seem crazy, so I kind of I kind of tapered off, and now I'm texting you guys.
Speaker 3: They're calling you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Well let's talk about it. How did you meet Chris?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How is your date?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: Everything was really great, I mean he The only weird thing is he is best friends with my ex and we matched on Hinge and I kind of was like, and I saw him, and I've always thought he was really cute and a nice guy, but you know, I ended up swiping on him just to see. It's like a social experiment. We ended up matching, so yeah, and I was like, we were like, hau this is so weird. But we really hit it off and we ended up moving off of hinge and you know, texting phone calls, and then about two weeks ago we actually went on a first date.
Speaker 1: Okay, and he's your friend's best friend best friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you knew him before then while you were with your ex.
Speaker 3: I knew who he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've known him for a bit, like we'd always been friendly, and it was never it was like he was just you know, my ex was good friend and so I saw him quite a bit, but it was never anything romantic.
Speaker 1: Did you guys talk about that before you decided to go on a date?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we definitely, like you know, talked about the elephant in the room and we were like, is this really weird?
Speaker 3: Is this like mess up? And we were like no, we're adults, Like we can we can do this. Why don't we go on a date and see if it is really weird? So that's what we decided to do.
Speaker 1: Well, how did it go.
Speaker 3: It was honestly like one of the best first days I've ever had.
Speaker 4: We went to this arcade and we were playing games and we got wings and shots and I just like felt like a kid again. And I mean, not drinking shots as a kid, but you know, right right right, I got it, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Sugar. Sugar you know was the drug at that time.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean, and then we kissed at the end of the night and was actually really hot. And but then he was like, I don't know, I just feel really weird about Kyle.
Speaker 3: That's my act. I'm gonna I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Call him and just like let him know. And I was like, I was kind of resistant, honestly. I was like, I don't think you need to do that, but go ahead, like go for it. And he was like, okay, I'm going to. And I guess, you know, something must have happened in that conversation because everything was great. And then he said he was gonna call Kyle and has not responded to my text my calls, has completely ghosted me.
Speaker 2: Anything else you can think of other than your ex's best friends with them.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that's a pretty big thing. So I don't know, I don't think anything else happened. Like it was a really great date, So something must have happened in that conversation and it yeah, sick to my stomach.
Speaker 5: Well, how would that conversation even go? Like, I don't even know how I would feel if like my friend came to me and was like, hey, I'm dating your ex.
Speaker 1: Is that okay? How would you handle that? Jubile?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd be fine with it, But then again, that's just how I am. I'd be like, yeah, cool, whatever, you know, unless unless it was an ex.
Speaker 5: I was like, dude, Oh, Sophie, you got some something to tell us about your last relationship.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I really don't.
Speaker 4: I yeah, I'm trying to think like it wasn't a great breakup.
Speaker 3: It was fairly amicable and it was.
Speaker 4: A while ago, Like you know, I don't really have any hard feelings towards him.
Speaker 2: Like it's yeah, okay, well we'll see if we can figure it out for you a play on come back and then call him and see if it tells why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another data.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, that sounds great. Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Yep, please don't come back and get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of today's first day follow up, if you're just joining us. Sophie is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Chris. So in a second, we're gonna call him and see if he'll tell us why he's a ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Sophie, why don't you refresh our memory on your date with Chris.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean it was a really great day because it was really fun, really hot.
Speaker 3: But he is dating.
Speaker 4: I mean he is my you know, ex's best friend, so he's Grandma's gonna call him, give him my heads up because he's my friend. And after that, I guess I've just not heard from him in two weeks, so something must.
Speaker 1: Have happened in that conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Probably told him not to see you, right. Yeah, well let's see. Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yes, but I'm also so scared.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, Ma me, I speak to Chris. Please. This is Chris, Chris, what's up? How are you? This is Jewbel. I'm from a radio show called The Jebel Show. Yeah, Hi, Chris. I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're in a radio group chat or something pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I have.
Speaker 1: Well, have you ever heard a First Day follow Up before?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 7: I was wondering why me, because I'm like, I've heard the show, but I didn't fill out any like you know contest.
Speaker 2: Any somebody emailed us about you, because the First Day Followup is a segment where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 1: And we got an email about you. Do you know who would be from? I'm probably you who.
Speaker 3: It's probably Sophie, right.
Speaker 1: Is Sophie? You want to tell us why you're a ghostinger?
Speaker 7: I mean, well, I don't know what she told you, but I mean we went out, but she's we matched up online, and long story short, she dated my best.
Speaker 3: Friend for quite some time. They broke up.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't want somebody going out one of my buddies going out with my ex, right, But I thought, okay, well, you know, Kyle's not like me. Kyle's probably cool with it. So we went out and and it was everything was great, but just at the end of the night, I just, you know, felt like I really need to say something to Kyle just to make sure.
Speaker 3: So I called him up, and I know what I thought. Kyle was like, yeah, go ahead, do whatever.
Speaker 1: You want, help myself.
Speaker 7: He seemed to not have a problem with it, but he didn't tell me that our other buddy.
Speaker 3: Robbie ran into Sophie recently and took.
Speaker 1: Her home that night.
Speaker 3: So so now.
Speaker 7: I I'm just you know, that's that's a that's a little too much. Like I know, Kyle's cool and I can deal with that, but if she's like if she's trying to work her way through her crew to get back to Kyle, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: So I just I just kind of stepped back.
Speaker 5: Okay, did you think to ask her about that or you're just like no, I'm out.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: Just at that point, I'm like, look, I don't know, I don't even know what the situation was. I'm not sure if she's like purposely trying to get with with Kyle's buddies or or or what the deal is. But I'm just like, now, that's that's two of my friends there she's been with.
Speaker 2: I just I okay, Well, thank you for being honest with us. And she's also been with us. Actually this whole time she's on the phone to you.
Speaker 1: Oh well you didn't tell me that, Sorry about that? Forgot about that part, Sophie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what the hell? Like, that's not that's not true at all. That's yeah, you could.
Speaker 4: Have asked me, because I would have told you right then and there. That's complete Why that's not that's not true. You didn't go home with Robbie together, Nyton. I mean, why why would Kyle lie? Why would Robbie lie?
Speaker 1: I mean, we wheel each other since we were a kids.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna lie to me. Yeah, well, I think Kyle.
Speaker 4: This is just showing how manipulative and patrolling Kyle can be. Because yeah, Robbie did take me home. It was like right after the breakup. I was definitely a mess, Like I was like crying, I was wasted. Robbie was at the same bar as me, and yeah, he did take me home to my own house.
Speaker 3: We didn't do anything. He just gave me a ride because I should not have been driving in that state.
Speaker 4: So like that was yeah, it was that's a complete lie, and it really kind of pisses me off.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think you should have mentioned that if he didn't like. Saying you took a girl home is very different than oh, I took a home to her, to her house and dropped her off.
Speaker 4: He meant to say it like that, he hoed with. I meant to say it like that. I know Kyle, and like that is that's just really frustrating.
Speaker 5: Like he would say that knowing what the truth was, but was just trying to plant that's actually twist the word there. But Sophie, are you sure Robbie did, like Robbie come in your house, Like, was there anything, did he make any moves on you? Or was it just completely innocent?
Speaker 4: It'll call Robbie right now and ask him, like, yeah, he definitely happened.
Speaker 7: So I'm sure that when Robbie told Kyle that he took you home, Kyle just naturally assumed that Robbie's a player.
Speaker 3: He's a dog.
Speaker 1: That's what he does.
Speaker 7: He chases honey's like it's his job.
Speaker 6: So right, like we just assumed that if Robbie's with a girl, he's he's gone there, right, That's how That's how he is has been since we were kids, so Kyle might have actually thought something hooked up.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to say that if.
Speaker 7: Kyle knew otherwise, he wouldn't still try to maybe make it seem that way.
Speaker 3: That is kind of how it can be a real jerk like that.
Speaker 7: Sometimes.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to argue. I mean, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to say, wow, you are and Kyle's carter here, why don't you two dates?
Speaker 3: Like you're very much like defending him. I yeah, of course we've been We've been boys since school, of course. But you could have called me.
Speaker 4: You could have called me your text me been like hey I heard this, and I would have immediately told you.
Speaker 3: I guess now I'm really hurt.
Speaker 4: But you just sort of assumed the worst of me, Like I'm like trying to get through the friend group. I almost didn't even you know, swipe right on you like I almost you know, for I like I because I didn't want to have that impression.
Speaker 3: Now at this point, I'm just like very upset and I do and how I'm giving you a second chance. So I thought you were different. We both know.
Speaker 4: Robbie kind of is like, yeah, I took her home and sort of like let that sort of innuendo sit there. And I think Kyle knows that too, So I think the two kind of were it just worked to his advantage. Is sort of why do you and be a little manipulative about that? And yeah, I mean we all know where I was like, ohyeah, I took her home. It's like her home. We're like ha ha.
Speaker 3: Okay, like we made like a drinking game about it at one point. I think, so we're going to say.
Speaker 7: You know as well as I do that when Robbie is with a girl, that that's pretty much what happens.
Speaker 1: That's how it rolls.
Speaker 4: So I mean, like it sounds like you're really in a Robbie because it sounds like, you know, you couldn't do anything except sleep with him because he's just such a he's just so irresistible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I don't even know how to respond to that, Honestly, I'm not. I mean whatever, I mean, that's that's fine. Maybe I will hook up with Robbie. He's probably a better Kischer than you were.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, well, Chris, would you like to go with Sophie on another day? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm not. I'm not shutting any tears for the Swan.
Speaker 1: So at least you found out why you're getting ghosted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he closure is I want to closure either way, so I'm not not mad about that.
Speaker 1: Maybe stay away from that group.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I think. Uh, I'm done. All right.
Speaker 4: We'll make sure to give you know, Robbie another kiss for me. Await I never kissed him.
Speaker 3: Jubile's first day follow up