Speaker 1: Hello, what's your name? Squire?
Speaker 2: Uh, you can give me a name.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna call you Ethan, Ethan? What's up? How can I how can I be on the phone with you today?
Speaker 2: Well, it's still on a crazy past twenty four hours, young.
Speaker 1: Tell me why and.
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 2: So? I just had an.
Speaker 4: Ex girlfriend from.
Speaker 5: It's a long story.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you want to take it back ten years ago and then, uh, I don't know if you saw my message saying it was wrong for me to steal her family pictures out of anchor.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you mentioned that you you stole your ex girlfriend's family photos? Now, well how many did you steal?
Speaker 2: A full album? And whatever was on the wall, just.
Speaker 1: Like you were, was this from her place or like her mom's place or what was this?
Speaker 2: This was her place I was, I was living with her, and I was just like, Uh, so, I don't know if we if we take it back. I guess ten years ago we met, I was married, and uh, we kind of we were trying to do a little fuck buddy situation and it didn't work out. We ended up catching feelings and I was still married, so it didn't it didn't It wasn't working for her. So we broke off. Ten years later, I'm single, I made up my my life, you know, started up my own company, and uh, you know, I was doing pretty good. So she comes in back into my life ten years later, and she pretty much after I committed giving up my dogs, my shop. She tells me she wasn't ready for relationships, you know. So I have her photos and I'm thinking about burning them and sending them back to her so she could feel the same pain I felt when my.
Speaker 4: Dog got put down.
Speaker 2: So and I was a pretty pretty big story to take on right now. That's where I'm.
Speaker 4: At right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm confused on several aspects of this. The first one is why did you have to what we'll get there, why did you have to kill your dog to be in a relationship with this woman?
Speaker 2: Well, uh, I was moving back. I was trying to move into her state and I couldn't find I didn't know this was a high risk killed shelter dog location.
Speaker 6: And uh I was.
Speaker 2: I was on the timeline, let's just say so, me not thinking what type of stock shelter I took them too, ended up finding out like two or three months later that you know, they got put dog.
Speaker 1: So so you get all right, so you so this woman comes back into your life. She lives how how many states over does she live?
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll stayed over a bit. That is this is about you know, over three over it's from I'm in Portland, So she's in California, right like la? All right?
Speaker 1: All right? And you gave this dog up to a shelter. Why do they do that? Is that a thing? You give a dog up for adoption or to a shelter and they just they fucking kill it? Is that really happen?
Speaker 2: Well, they gotta they gotta find a house for them. They can't find a recoming home. They you know, depending on the dog, if it's aggressive or not. You know, they they they decide to be there. That yeah, that is kind of fun. And these were great dance you know. I had them from babies and uh, I don't know for at least four years before this woman came back into my life.
Speaker 1: How how uh? How? Well? Wait, so it was two dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was two to two great days. Uh, I was the owner of three dogs that kept my little friend sheep.
Speaker 4: And uh so.
Speaker 2: That's the only my own new buddy at the moment.
Speaker 1: Man, So you had a friend scheet and two great days you gave the two great dance. How old were they?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: There by five six?
Speaker 5: There were just a year apart.
Speaker 1: Damn, that's kind of young to just kill a fucking dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I said, you know, I actually have done more research.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't on a timeline, and I know I was. I was committed to this person that I guess didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. I don't know if I'm gonna put that on you, man, I mean is that I don't know. I don't know how that universe works. But like there's got to be something better you can do with the like the shelter. Wise, it's got like if you're got a bunch of people coming to you with dogs, there's gotta be something better to do with them than kill them.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I mean, just were they were there for about a month and a half or two before I call. I mean because I was I was nervous called in to find out they're still there or stick out adopted. So once my friend called in and I found out that, you know, they put them.
Speaker 1: Down, that's fucked up, man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm still I'm honestly shocked that that's what they do instead of just I mean, I guess I don't know what else they would do with them. I guess if there's no space anybody, there's gotta be something better they can do than that. I don't know. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your dogs. Man. Also, I'm not gonna put it on your I'm not gonna put it on your girlfriends.
Speaker 2: The no no and I Caulay, it's all, it's all. It's tall on me. You know. I decided, you know, I shouldn't done research, you know, I decided to do stuff like that. But you know, I also decided I to, like, you know, because I also have kids and decide to, you know, spend time away from the kids. And yeah, you have kids, pig, Yeah, I got kids.
Speaker 1: How many kids?
Speaker 2: I got?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 7: Girls?
Speaker 2: Twelve ten or fourteen twelve and a three year old?
Speaker 1: Solve ten and three?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or I mean it's it's fourteen twelve and three.
Speaker 1: Sorry, fourteen twelve and three? Okay? And are they with the woman who who you were married with?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean they're they're they're taken care of and everything that you know, I gave. I gave up you know, time and and then I gave up a lot just to you know, accommodate to this this person about maybe on Sunday she decided to tell me she wasn't ready after a year and I don't know how long that she was already be in a relationship. So I where are your hold on?
Speaker 1: I want to get there, but like, where where are your kids are they?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Do they live with uh? With their mom?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They lived with their moms?
Speaker 1: Or how long? How long have you and your wife been divorced?
Speaker 5: Over three years or so?
Speaker 1: How often were you were you seeing? Did you guys have a split custody agreement or were they kind of like mainly with mom? What's what's your deal with that?
Speaker 2: It was pretty open, you know, it was there, you don't we didn't live too far from each other. It was I could go pick them up on the weekend. I could go pick them up.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It was a very mutual release. M hm.
Speaker 1: So you so you and your ex wife had had like a decent co parenting relationship. There's no crazy animosity or anything, right.
Speaker 2: No, we know when when she came into alive. No, no, everything was all good. She came back in, and of course there's some anger because you know, there's the same person that came along ten years ago. You know, I decided to drop my whole life.
Speaker 1: Well, how hell i'm talking about Uh, I'm talking about your ex wife. Like you and your ex wife are are cool. I'm not talking about this woman this yet. But how old are you?
Speaker 2: By the way, I am too old for this high school stuff. So I'm like thirty six.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, So you're living in Portland, you're single, hoping to.
Speaker 2: Catch your show too.
Speaker 4: Let's say you're.
Speaker 1: Living in Portland, you're single, you got your three dogs, you see your kids fairly regularly.
Speaker 2: And then I do I gotta had a shop? Have a had a shop?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then then and then you mentioned that shop. I'm glad you brought that up again. So why why did you have to get rid of your shop? Because you were moving?
Speaker 2: So I closed it because I wanted to spend now more time in California. So uh, I close the shop. So I could, you know, move to California to be with this person? And I had to do it otherwise I was flying. Like I said, I was flying back and forth for a good while, and it became an issue that I was flying out, and then it became an issue that I wasn't communicating while I was out, and uh, you know, while I was out, you know, I was focused on my work because I have a short timeline.
Speaker 1: When when I saw you, when you say you were a community okay, so you were flying back and forth to see this woman and when you were back in Portland there was she said that there was an issue with you, not you guys, not communicating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like you know, but when I'm important, you know, focused on my work, I want to get it done.
Speaker 1: And what do you what do you do?
Speaker 2: I do? I do vehicle wraps, and I I want to mention the name of the shop, okay, but I do vehicle wraps, and uh, you know, I have a good career.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 2: I got a good, good thing one hundred and six K figure a year for the past. The shop was open for six years before this woman came back into my life.
Speaker 4: So I was doing I was doing.
Speaker 8: Good, okay.
Speaker 1: And so when did you decide to fully move from Portland to California?
Speaker 2: So that decision took place when uh, where I was renting, Uh, I was renting out. The dogs were a little bit of an issue, but you know, I didn't mind. You know, I ended up renting out a house to have my dogs with me. I had their, I had their their paperwork already, and I could have just rented out of house at the yard and you know, hold on.
Speaker 1: Just just real quick, wit, So when did you decide to move from Portland to California?
Speaker 2: When the apartment complex where I was living at decided that my dogs were they're big?
Speaker 1: What today? Just real quick? So it's it is May of twenty twenty four. When did you decide to move from California from Portland to California?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 4: About September November of last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right? And then when did this one decide that she did not want a relationship. I'm just trying to get an idea of the today. This Sunday, this is so fresh, This is Sunday. Okay, So you're are you calling? Are you in California right now?
Speaker 2: I'm back in Forland. I packed up my little my little stuff I had left and it took off.
Speaker 1: Did you move in with her and her place in California. Yes, okay, so you left your place in Portland moved in with her and her place in California, she says, she doesn't, and you and you're living there for a few months quite a time, yes, like almost a year, and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, flying back and forth and working and trying to like things, you know, because I do. You know, I was. I was away from her, and I had my own bills, and you know, I had my I had my bills I had to take care of. Okay, so the California rate was not cutting for me to you know, pay that off and and live, so I had to keep flying back and forth to make up the difference.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you were went a lot, you were going. You weren't even moved into California. You were just you never even really fully moved to California. You were always going back and forth. Correct, all right, So now I assume you don't talk to this woman anymore.
Speaker 7: No, No, I don't want to talk to her, okay, And she she and her little courtesy and reaching back out ten years.
Speaker 2: Later, because yeah, this really shook fire my whole life.
Speaker 1: Mm hm oh yeah, I almost honestly forgot about the family photos thing. Don't let me forget about that because we're going to get it to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't forgot about that either.
Speaker 1: You're where are so? I mean this is really fresh. This is I mean Sunday, that's three days ago. Yes, and you're back in Portland's Are you at your place? Do you have a place?
Speaker 2: I have place, yes, Oli, friends are not a place of room. Everything's all good right now. For now, I feel like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 1: And so she tells you this in person on Sunday in California, you storm out of her house taking a bunch of her family photos.
Speaker 2: I did, I mean, I actually, you know, I was. I wanted to see if she could just you know, talk it out. You know. I did a sacrifice or I did a I did I'm not sacrifice. I moved a lot of pieces to be with you.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 2: I was just hoping, you know, to to have the benefit of doubt, to like, you know.
Speaker 4: Proof that I was committed.
Speaker 5: Or something that mm hm, m hm.
Speaker 1: How you doing Ethan, I'm I'm angry. So, I mean, I mean, look, man, I got a few things. One is, and you have the family photos right now, right and you said you're you're you want to angrily burn.
Speaker 2: Them, yes, and send them right back at her. You know, she could live with I have to live with my memory is my my dog, so she could live with her only only.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try to give it. Would you let me try to give you a compelling reason why to not do that?
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, I've been thinking about this all day.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to try to give you a compelling reason why to not do that, because, look, man, I I get it. I get what was behind moving all of the pieces. And sometimes people move all of the pieces of their life for another person to go move somewhere else and it works out and they're happy and that's great. And so that's why i've recently, you know, not felt like it was the ultimate thing to do to not do that. But ultimately I don't think stuff like that's a good idea. And here's why you shouldn't burn the family photos is because for the past year or however long that you've been maneuvering around the pieces of your life to be with this woman, you have let this woman and kind of more importantly, the emotions surrounding this woman influence and dictate what you're gonna do with your life. And I think for you to like heal and get better, you have to let that go immediately. And when you burn her family photos out of anger and send them back to her out of anger, you are continuing to allow this woman and your emotions surrounding this woman to direct your life. So if you want to stop that immediately, you would just send the photos back. You don't need a whole I mean apologize if you want. You don't need a whole thing, you don't need a whole whatever. Just send them back and start focusing on rebuilding your life. Because if you burn them out of anger and you're sitting around burning them fucking fuck her, fuck this, I'm pissed off. Fuck this. You know, you're just diving deeper into the emotional bullshit that got you into this thing in the first place. So if you really want to let it go and move on with your life, I would return the photos, sure, because letting your emotions towards this woman guide you is what got you here in the first place. So the first step of being like I am no longer going to do that is saying I'm no longer going to follow the anger that i have towards this person by burning this shit, and I'm just gonna let it go and move on. What do you think about any of that?
Speaker 2: From hearing that, you know, I feel at peace and something I should I should do, but.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I felt like like I bandoned my kids.
Speaker 1: You felt like you abandoned your kids.
Speaker 2: I'm here from going like I could. I could see the girls, my girls on the daily basis.
Speaker 1: As I wanted to Ethan, Ethan, Ethan and Ethan. Yeah, okay, dude, there's still time. You have a three year old, at a twelve year old and a fourteen year old, and you're in Portland and you have the great you still have like you're acting like you've you've burned everything to the fucking ground. Man, there's still time, Like if I if dude, like if I were you, man, like fucking send the photos back and go hang out with your kids and go be a dad and go be like I'm gonna fucking you know, I'm not gonna sit here and beat myself up and go fuck this and and dwell and go do things out of anger, be like, you know what, I'm gonna cut my fucking losses, look to the future. Hey, I can still rebuild my shop. Hey, I can still be a dad to my kids. Hey, I can still be a good dog, dad to this frendsheet.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: And the time that you're spending focusing in in stewing in your anger by burning these fucking photos is just a distraction from the opportunity that you have to do those things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, are you there, Ethan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still I'm stillious.
Speaker 1: Does any of this resonate with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I said I I haven't spoken to anybody about this, and I feel dumb.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel dumb?
Speaker 2: No? I mean, you know it's I feel better just you know, speaking about it and listening to someone else's feedback MS in my own thoughts.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hm. Dude, I'm telling you, I'll I'll just say everything I just said again. It's like you have the opportunity, like everything you're talking about, being a better dad to your kids, doing better for your business, taking care of your dog. You can still do all of it, and you can do all you can do all of it really well, now that you're not distracted by what's going on in California, And if you want to feel better, you would start doing that instead of distracting yourself by getting really pissed off and burning this woman's photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay, well yeah, well definitely.
Speaker 1: What's going on.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was just I don't know, I just don't understand why after ten years, you know, text me from a number was that wasn't even hers.
Speaker 4: And come back into my life.
Speaker 2: You know, why? Why did she question.
Speaker 4: The love that I had towards.
Speaker 9: Her while I was moving all these pieces, like there were just too many pieces that that were moved in this timeline to just be okay, fuck it.
Speaker 1: Whatever, dude, I listen, listen. I know, I know that it's very hard because you've moved around a bunch of ship and you have a strong clearly have very strong feelings towards this woman. But just bro, whatever you do, don't convince yourself that you have no life. You have You've got three kids, man, No, no.
Speaker 2: I I know I got a life. I know you got a life.
Speaker 1: You got my job, and you got your shop, and you got a life.
Speaker 2: To make six figures. And I know it's just.
Speaker 4: It's just the.
Speaker 2: Research is what's you know bothering most? Because I did tell her that, you know, if we were gonna try this relationship, I didn't want to reset. Yeah, and I have to do.
Speaker 8: Okay, Ethan, Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm okay. Let me just I'm definitely gonna take into consderation just mounting them back in and caught mynassis. Okay, Yes, I know, I know I could do. I know I could do whatever I could.
Speaker 5: I could.
Speaker 2: I know I could do. I have the resources to do. When you build myself ill, I know that's not the end of the world.
Speaker 1: Takes a look. Look, bro, take some time to mourn. It's cool to take some time to mourn. It's totally cool to take some time to mourn, and you should and you don't have to rebuild right away. It takes some time to morn.
Speaker 2: I was, like I was even to Patrick, like.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude, just whatever you do, don't don't burn those photos, not because of anything with her, but because it will only deepen your issues. It won't make them better. Thank you, Ethan. Is there anything else that you want to say about any of this or to the people of the computer.
Speaker 2: H I really think, I think, really think things through and I dive in into.
Speaker 1: The what we'll say, all right, take care of you, and I'll say one more day. If you get anything out of the rewatch this if you can, if it was, if it was helpful to you, Okay, rewatch this if you can, man, because you're gonna because you also you might get like a little tinge of motivation and then go right back to being like fuck this, fuck her, fuck everything. But you just gotta keep reminding yourself that you've got a good life, and you gotta give your attention to serving the life that you already have instead of mourning this life with this woman, because you've got a pretty damn good life already with her without her.
Speaker 8: Thank you, take care of them, thank you.
Speaker 1: Life is crazy. I guess there is something kind of funny about like, like it's it's a picture of her at Disneyland on the Splash Mountain ride and it's just burning in a fire. Still, don't do it. Don't do it. Attention listeners of the Therapy Gecko podcast. I have new tour dates on sale right now at therapy geckotour dot com. If you're a regular listener of this podcast, but you haven't been to one of my live shows before. You should come out, man. It's it's a fun time. The format of the show is essentially a group Gecko therapy session, where members of the audience come on stage to share stuff from their lives, just like they do on this podcast, except instead of anonymously over the phone, it's the complete opposite. It's it's anonymously whatever the opposite of anonymous is. It's publicly in front of a few hundred people, which is a really cool and interesting thing to experience. And it's also mixed in with some presentations and material from me about my life, and I think that those presentations have been very fun and cool, So you should come. Tickets are on sale right now at therapy geckotour dot com for the following cities. Nashville, Tennessee, Huntsville, Alabama, Chicago, Illinois, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Detroit, Michigan, Grand Rapids, Michigan, San Jose, California, San Francisco, California, Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, d C. Austin, Texas, Houston, Texas, Dallas, Texas, Greenville, South Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, Greensboro, North Carolin, Lineup, Atlanta, Georgia, Pittsburgh, PA, Buffalo, New York, Toronto, Canada, Los Angeles, California, and Minneapolis, Minnesota. Once again, that's therapy. Gecko tour dot Com for tickets. I hope you come to the show so that I can keep doing these shows every year because they are very fun and sick. All right, Thanks?
Speaker 5: What's up? Man?
Speaker 1: What's up? Dude? What's your name?
Speaker 5: This is Ian?
Speaker 1: Has your life going, Ian?
Speaker 5: It's going great? All right? So this is my first stream I've watched. I've been working on YouTube for a couple of weeks now, So I walked on I like, got my trich setup and then follow you and then I saw your stream and so I'm like, fuck it, I'll send a text. I feel I feel blessed to be the first person.
Speaker 1: You call nice man, nice well. Ian, Yeah, you texted me and you said that you're a driving instructor, and then you wrote after that you said, I guess that's a good conversation, and uh, I'm curious, have you ever been in a car with somebody that you're instructing on how to drive? And uh, they crash into somebody and kill them.
Speaker 5: No, No, definitely I don't. I don't think I still have a job if that happened.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean, I like, you don't have liability in that situation.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I have like a little brake pedal, so I have I have some modicum of control.
Speaker 1: But if you're in that much, if you're in the passenger seat and somebody in the driver's seat runs over somebody and kills them, are you legally liable because you have your own break?
Speaker 5: I mean maybe I don't. I'm sure somewhere in the world someone has been on a driving lesson and run over somebody else, Like I can see that happening for sure.
Speaker 1: Are you a good driver.
Speaker 5: Personally? I've been. I've been pretty good. Yeah, in the past past few months. Yeah, I mean when I was younger, definitely, I mean younger isn't like a few years ago. Definitely not the best driver. But yeah, I've chilled out for sure a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, now, when you say you weren't the best driver, what made you not a good driver and what did you chill out to become a better driver?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I was mainly like a pretty bad speeder when I was younger, So I was just kind of going out super late at night and just drive super super fucking fast.
Speaker 1: M Do you ever get the urge to do that again?
Speaker 5: No? Not. I try to keep it under ninety, which is still a pretty big number, but under ninety less then under ninety Yeah.
Speaker 1: What what's the speed limit where you live?
Speaker 5: Oh, like seventy five okay, so in my mind that's not too much, but yeah it's still fifteen over, which is kind of a lot. But no, Yeah, usually go about like, I don't know, seventy five or eighty when I'm driving around. But there's sometimes I get a little bit of a little bit of road rage, for sure.
Speaker 1: What you get a little bit of road rage? You say?
Speaker 5: Very rarely? Yeah, very rarely. There's some crazy drivers out.
Speaker 1: Here, really, because I imagine you as like some kind of zen master of driving where nothing bothers you. But what gives your road rage is a people going slow? Is it people cutting you off? As people entering your car and taking No, it's usually people all the stuffing out of your seats. What gives it gives you road rage?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, yeah, taking all the stuffing out of my seats would probably be the last, or it's already pretty uncomfortable in my car. But no, it's it's usually people that pass like a little like uncomfortably too close. I can get you know, some people just don't see me. But sometimes it's like, okay, like I see you in my rear view. You're coming up at like one hundred and ten or whatever. I'm going like speed to it, and then you decide to do some super close shit and I'm like, I don't want to hit anybody for that makes me mad. I know it shouldn't, but it does.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got a question for you. Yeah, what's your take on walking?
Speaker 5: My take on walking? It's not too bad, man, it's not too bad. I mean, given a good pair of shoes and you know, not terribly hot weather, yeah I could walk.
Speaker 1: What was your dream when you were a child?
Speaker 5: My dream, like the like dream goal in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh I always wanted to be a pilot.
Speaker 1: Yeah you all right? Look I mean like of an airplane.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, like a plane, an airplane.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, I mean you did pretty good if that was your goal. Yeah yeah, I mean because you're not I mean you're a no, I mean you are a pilot, but just of a car, which I guess is not that special because most a lot of people, they give a driver's license a lot more freely than plane licenses, which, by the way, I don't think that they should. I think it should be just as hard to get a driver's license as it is to get a plane one, because it's safer to fly on a plane than be in a car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's totally true. Yeah, it's a lot more. I mean in some places that it's a little bit harder. I've watched videos, like in Germany they have to do some thing. It's like hours. It's like crazy amount of hours of like studying and taking all these tests. But right, that's true. It's incredibly easy to get a license.
Speaker 1: Dude. You can be sixteen and high and they'll let you drive a car. It's pretty wild.
Speaker 5: Nobody's gonna say anything. Nobody stops you. And that's the thing. Like I do just like multiple hours of talking to students and they're all about like sixteen or whatever. I just I talked to them about like random shit. It's for a unique position, so I guess it just talks them and it sounds like for some reason, yeah, a lot of people do like smoking at that age.
Speaker 1: But they're all high. They're all Every sixteen year old that you are teaching how to drive is high while you're teaching them, because you learn when you're like in high school, every like weed person, you learn. Okay, look look, look, driving stones is a d uy. It's a d ui. All right, you can't argue with it. It is undeniably a d ui. But some at some point, like I like if you have an older sibling or like some some other kid tells you that you can drive high and it's not that big of a deal and you believe them forever and you driver. And also because like driving around in a car, they call it a blunt ride. Driving around in a car getting high at sixteen dangerous thing to do. But also, I mean, the most fun that you'll ever have in your entire life until you get a DUI and your life sucks from then on. But every kid that you're teaching how to drive is incredibly stoned.
Speaker 5: I mean, I believe it. In some cases, I would definitely definitely believe it. Well, the thing that's crazy, too, is there's no like compared to like alcohol, there's no like roadside, real like furious test that tells you know yes or no if you're high. It's just you know if your eyes are red. I guess I don't know. I've never never run into that problem, but I could definitely see that being the case every student being high. And that's only slightly concerning because nobody's crashed yet, so I guess they're doing a good job at it.
Speaker 1: Some people say that they're better drivers when they're high, but I don't believe them at all. I mean, people have said that about being drunk too, and I don't believe them. Do you get high? Do you smoke weed?
Speaker 5: I mean I've kind of chilled. Maybe like once a month. I definitely used to be daily user, but maybe like once a month now. Yeah, when you.
Speaker 1: Were you driving high? Were remember when you were saying you were speeding when you're going ninety when you're going ninety five? Are you stone dead of your gord?
Speaker 5: Not recently, but as far as the past goes, maybe maybe not. I'll play the fifth on that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Does that disqualify you from being a driver driving instructor? If you've ever gotten high?
Speaker 5: They never asked me about that. I mean, I would assume they probably prown upon you being high while you're teaching people how to drive.
Speaker 1: But probably never said they do they drug test you for that?
Speaker 5: No, I mean they pulled my driving record and that was pretty much the extent of like any background check.
Speaker 1: What there should be like a driving school that you go to to learn how to drive drunk, Like they teach you how to do it so and and it should and it's just like it should still be illegal and you still shouldn't do it, but there's it's kind of like how you know how there's like like safe injection spots, the kind of thing where it's like people are gonna do it anyway, so let's you know, kind of prep them for it. Like let's do a drunk driving school where you can drive drunk, which you shouldn't do and should definitely be illegal, but if you're gonna do it, here's the here's how to do it.
Speaker 5: I guess, yeah, like here's why you did not do it, because I guess everybody gets to crash while they're drunk once and then say, well I went to drunk prep school, I'm not going to do it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if there there should actually be like you're not allowed to get drunk and ride bumper cars or go karts or something, but they should really just like idiot proof maybe like a dome or an arena or something, and like make some really really fuzzy cars, put like a bunch of padding on them and shit, and be like, all right, in this one instance, you can get drunk and drive and this controlled environment for all of a sudden. I think that would like curb drunk driving. We like a purge of drunk driving. But it was like one dough. It was like a big dome complex where everything is padded and pillows and I don't know if pillows are going to stop a car crash, but you know what.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, Yeah, yeah, yeah, kind of like how they do like the drag race, Like the cops will shipped like drag races and it's like racing racing cop type deal. I don't, I don't know have you ever heard of that?
Speaker 1: I do know, I don't know if that had anything to do with what I was talking about, But also I don't I don't know what I was talking about even really made any sense.
Speaker 5: So that's okay, It totally dood Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: What's your do you would you ever do a drag race? Are you fast? Do you think you could do well in a drag race? Me?
Speaker 5: Well, it depends on the car, I guess, because it's just kind of like something throng and go. I've done some a couple of races that like were not necessarily racist, but some like track days for sure, going around track, but I haven't done any drag racing.
Speaker 1: No, do you think you'd be good if if you were to do drag racing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't know if my car would be good. I don't think. I don't think you would like that very much, but yeah, I could definitely try it.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: One of my I actually might have talked about this on the podcast before, but one of my favorite Onion articles is driving Instructor has own gas pedal in case student a total pussy.
Speaker 5: No, there are definitely some times I wish I had like bluetooth gas total because you know, we'll like make a turn or something and I'm like, Okay, there's a car coming in like forty five and returning going like ten, Like we need to kind of pick that up a little bit.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I could.
Speaker 5: Totally see it being a thing. I wish it was a thing, but only it was a pre pedal.
Speaker 1: That's actually a good. That's a good. Driving instructor reacts to the Onion article. Take like that's a good because it seems like just a joke at the first, But you're right, Actually a second gas pedal would be good because sometimes it is it's dangerous to go slow.
Speaker 5: Or like you know, sometimes we got on the interstate too, it's like, okay, we need to be going a little bit more than like thirty here you have to speed them at seventy five, right, yeah, so to give a little bit more good things moving along.
Speaker 1: So, is anything horribly wrong with your life that you want to talk about before we go?
Speaker 5: Ooh, horribly wrong with my No? I mean muddy's tight for sure. I mean being a driving instructor is fun, but it's not incredibly the most high paying job out there. Somebody's tying a little bit, but not necessarily anything horribly wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't think it can probably makes some extra money selling weed to the kids.
Speaker 5: I probably could there, definitely, I've met some that that probably could happen. I don't know anything I could get with. Yeah, No, I don't think I could get wait with it, but definitely I'm sure again it's not outside the ramapossible.
Speaker 1: Why you think you think? You think one of them would narc on you.
Speaker 5: I don't know how i'd get away, like in broad daylight, like to pull back up to the driving school and just like what were you doing out there for? Like either ten minutes? Oh, no big deal, you know, just just talking. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to get with. I don't know if I have the I have the I don't know. I feel I'm not too good at doing shit like that.
Speaker 1: What's your name again?
Speaker 5: Ian Ian?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: M would I to say, for buddy, it's dangerous, but no, thanks for taking my came man.
Speaker 1: Appreciate the podcast, of course, take carry and good luck, be so good night. I need I need a Gecko instructor who has his own hang up the phone button, just in case if things get a little too crazy. You know, ian Ian seems like a cool guy. I bet I hope he finds a better way to make money than selling weed to teenagers. Although I mean, when I was a teenager, the other teenagers that were selling teenage me weed. They made a lot of money. They made more money than I think a lot of people make as adults. So, you know, I guess it is a viable career option. Hello, Hello there, what's up. What's your name?
Speaker 3: My name's Amber, There is Amber.
Speaker 1: How can I what's up? Man? What do you want to talk about today on the Gecko Show?
Speaker 3: Well, I recently lost my virginity and it was like it kind of suck.
Speaker 1: Interesting like both of us.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I don't know how old are you? Twenty four?
Speaker 1: Twenty four? And so you just were is this was this like a it was this like a waiting for marriage thing?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, the timing never happens thing?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: Uh? You know, what was the deal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like it was a waiting for marriage thing.
Speaker 1: And are you are you religious? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We both are.
Speaker 1: And you said it sucked, So I guess, I mean, I guess of course it's gonna yeah, I mean, it's definitely gonna suck. I guess, well, no, I'm not gonna say it's definitely gonna suck, because I guess you have the pro of the fact that the person you're doing it with is somebody who you've you know, made this, you know, big commitment to and so there's some like comfort in that. But you know, they also probably don't know how to eat pussy very well because they've never done it before. So yeah, we'll tell me. Why did it? Why did it suck?
Speaker 5: It hurts like.
Speaker 3: It's it's like it's uncomfortable, like I've never I don't know, I had something like that big down there, and it's hard to like relax too, Like, I don't know, you stressed out?
Speaker 1: And did it live up to your expectations at all?
Speaker 3: I mean kind of yeah, Like I wasn't really expecting it to be good, you know, just because it was our first time and I mean the rest know what the fuck we're doing, you know, So I wasn't like really I wasn't really disappointed, Like I think, it was still like a good time and it was like a good experience that we both had and it's just something that we'll keep working on together and I look forward to that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's very nice. How was it for him? Was he stoked?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean we were both stoked. We're both like really nervous though, like we both kind of struggled. So, I mean we're kind of on like the same boat.
Speaker 1: You know, how long have you guys been dating for?
Speaker 3: Think two or three years now? I think two years?
Speaker 1: And what was it about him that uh made you want him to be the first and only person to ever touch touch a penis of?
Speaker 3: He's just so sweet and caring and he's someone that I can be vulnerable around, you know, like I don't need to feel uncomfortable around him, Like I don't know, I just feel really comfortable being vulnerable around him. And he's so patient and so kind, and he loves me so much and I love him a lot too, and he just gets me like we're both just I don't know, we just fit each other well, you know, you know what I mean, Like you just get along with someone really well, that's nice.
Speaker 1: That's nice, you know. I get I've never been a big, uh like religious person, and I think, well, anytime I talk to somebody who's religious, are like, uh, you know, like what you just said, there does seem to be this lowering of anxiety. There's something what's the app lowering of anxiety? Fucking there does seem to be this this calmness too. I'm gonna follow these rules, and uh, when I get lost in life, I have these rules that I can go back to, you know what I mean. Like that sounds like it gives you less sure, you know, being on hinge or whatever.
Speaker 3: No, I like completely feel that. Like I wasn't really religious until like I don't know, like two or three or no, like four years ago, and like I was kind of feral, Like I don't know, it was it was kind of hard, like living through life thinking like there's no purpose, like we're all gonna die, Like I don't you know what I mean, Like I can just do whatever I want, whatever makes me feel good in the moment. And I just kind of I don't know, like I would get like drunk every weekend and it was it like sucked, Like I thought I was happy, and like it just wasn't for me. Like not saying that. You know, if you enjoy those things, like there's nothing wrong with it, but like for me, it's just I don't know, I just felt really lonely and all that.
Speaker 1: You know, And what was your come to Jesus' moments? What was it that transition to you from being quote feral into being a woman of God?
Speaker 3: I honestly met like a really really nice group of people that I don't know. They were just so welcoming and loving, and I felt like I could be like honest with these new friends and I didn't feel judged, Like I just felt like like they just listened to me and you know, and they like in the nice thing was too, is like I wasn't like pressured at all, Like it was just kind of I made these friends that have to be like really religious, and you know, they just they were just so kind and loving, and I was like, oh my gosh, like how are you like that? Like I hate everyone, like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And was it an easy transition to start believing from nothing, because I mean it sounds like you weren't were you Were you particularly religious growing up?
Speaker 3: I mean my family was, but it wasn't like it kind of felt like there was a lot of rules, but like there wasn't any reason for them, Like it just kind of felt like you need to behave or you're going to hell. So that obviously like very much turned me away. It was just kind of like, well, like what the fuck, like you know what I mean. Like, so it got that kind of gave me like a bad taste in my mouth, and I was just like, this sucks. So I kind of like I did grow up in like a pretty religious household, but and it turned me away. And then you know, I met those people and I was like, oh wait, you guys are like actually nice and like not crazy.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because a lot of the times people they grow up in a religious household and then they meet a group of other young people their age and they're like, how are you guys staying so cool? And most of the time they're like, well, we do whippets every moment of every day. But you happen to meet people who are like, no, we like Jesus, and so that's good. Is it Jesus? Or is it? Are you Buddhist? What's up? Does Buddha make people wait to have sex? What are you?
Speaker 3: It's a Christian?
Speaker 1: Do what you ever do whippets?
Speaker 3: No? I never have. The most I've ever done is like weed, and that's not even that intense. And I have like a really bad experience with it, like a couple of months ago, so I'm like, I don't even touch it anymore.
Speaker 1: A couple of months ago. Wait, so when did you start when was it? Like, Okay, I'm not uh is we as God against weed? Can you smoke weed? As a Christian?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think you can enjoy things like within reason. Like I feel like, you know, like you can enjoy alcohol to like, you know, not to like like so much that you're getting like drunk every night. Like, I think you can like enjoy enjoy those things, And I would like say the same thing for weed. I don't really see a big difference between the two, you know, mm hm m hm. How do you do you think as long as you know, ahead, sorry.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm awkward as fuck. Go ahead, No, me too.
Speaker 3: I'm like so scared right now. I mean, I don't know. I feel like as long as you're like not doing those things to like the point that it's like ruining your life, you know. But I guess you know everyone it's different and have different polances. It's obviously not the same for everyone.
Speaker 1: You know. Howd you meet your husband?
Speaker 3: We met at a bonfire?
Speaker 1: That's cool. Well, what was the first thing he said to him?
Speaker 3: I don't even remember. He was honestly, like such a dork. It's kind of cringey. What don't I don't remember, I just know.
Speaker 1: Was this like a Was this like a Christian bonfire, like at Christian meetup group or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like a Christian community on our campus.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I'm Jewish and we we don't have the last time we had a big bonfire was actually when we killed Jesus, so we got to do another one. We're due for another bonfire. What's there? I don't think there was a fire. There might have been if I assumed there was a fire when I imagined a scene in my head, there was a fire. But anyway, that's cool man, And sorry you guys. You guys gonna have a kid.
Speaker 3: Maybe someday. I don't want it.
Speaker 1: Right now though, Well, Amber, uh, I guess i'll do. I have any more questions for you? Where's the guy? Where is he at?
Speaker 3: He's like he's not home right now.
Speaker 1: Does he have a job?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's he do?
Speaker 3: He works like in a manufacturing warehouse?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. What do you do too?
Speaker 3: Crazy? I worked as a obstitute teacher right now?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you ever get into fights with kids?
Speaker 3: No, but sometimes it's tempting.
Speaker 1: Well, Amber, I'm gonna let you go. Thank you for talking to me about stuff. Is there anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go, or about any of this?
Speaker 3: No, but thanks for calling and thanks for listening to me. I hope you all have a good day and enjoy your life.
Speaker 1: You too, Amber, And I'm sorry again about about killing Jesus.
Speaker 5: It's okay, I forgive you.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, we got it. We did it. We got the forgiveness, all right, take care, Amber.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, have a good day.
Speaker 1: It's funny and actually it's kind of like this, I guess in Christian camps, but like in Jewish like when I was growing up. Okay, I think from what I understand is when you grow up like super Christian, they teach you about like abstinence and stay, you know, wait until marriage and all that stuff. And from my experience in Judaism, it's really been the opposite. They really do the opposite. What they do is they have this there's this thing goes called BBYO. It's like the Benet Breath Youth Organization some shit like that. And Jewish people do the opposite where they're like, you guys should start having sex right now so we can make more Jewish people. They basically take all the Jewish. I think I've talked about this on this fucking podcast before, but like they basically just take all the Jewish kids and put them on a dance floor and so they all start grinding on each other. And that's that's kind of what the messaging is, is like, don't wait, just have sex right I have a baby right now, and that puts you into wedlock so that you can make more Jewish people. That's for how I understand it. I think I don't know. I'm not qualified to literally talk about anything there.
Speaker 5: Repet goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 2: The rep Can goes to on his eye.
Speaker 1: He's teaching him a loud live your life, but he's not ready an expert