Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Statovak along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg News Earnings reporter Red Brown him how are you well. We're excited because it has been one of those days where the news flow has gone NonStop and it's moving stocks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think the kind of the biggest news to cross for me for today was the Intel news with the White House. That's one of the stocks I'm keeping an eye on at the moment. Ticker is I INTC shares jumped as much as eight point nine percent today after Bloomberg News reported but broke the news that the Trump administration is in talks to take a stake in the struggling chip maker. Those shares have extended those gains in the aftermarket as well, almost kind of touching three percent in the aftermarket as well. So I think it's just kind of what a turnaround from earlier this month when Trump was selling the CEO to design and now he's trying to, you know, do business with him.
Speaker 3: I guess that's kind of the art of the deal though, so fair enough, yeah, or transactional maybe we don't know, right will turn out. I felt like when I see this story and it it feels like it's not over yet by far. But it's like again a great like business school case study, like depending on how this goes. I just think it's fascinating, all right. So that one, Intel continuing to trade higher in the aftermarket as well after that bump up on that news in the regular session. Amatt also moving in the after hours.
Speaker 4: Yes, another chip stock, but they're moving in quite the opposite direction right now, down around thirteen percent trading. And that came down to just really a week net sales outlook for the company, actually week week at the top and bottom line for the company in the third quarter right now, calling for as much a net revenue of seven point two billion. Analysts were forecasting a little over seven point three billion for the upcoming quarter. And you know, this is a this is a story we've heard so many times over the past couple of months, and it's coming down to a lack of certainty. You know, they were having a really hard time just looking out into the future into the next three months and predicting kind of where their sales will be. Kind of the same culprits as always, it's uncertain macroeconomic situation, and then also the trade story with China. Obviously they sell a lot of chips into China and not really sure how that's going to look in the next two to three months. Also, a lot of the Chinese customers pulled forward a lot of their purchases and are still working through these inventories when there was kind of the first hints of problems between the US and China. So yeah, for applied materials, still kind of working through some of those those lingering issues.
Speaker 1: Let's go Wolf, not Wolf speed, w O LF w U l f F Terra Wolf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great ticker. They is this company.
Speaker 4: They are a bitcoin minor primarily, that's kind of what they're known for. Not known for anything, but.
Speaker 3: They are twelve twelve employees. Apparently if you know them, you would have known they're they're a bitcoin minor. They had the best day since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: They turned up sixty percent today and the second best in the Russell three thousand and that is off of deal news that Google took an eight percent stake in the bitcoin minor. It's also involved this other company who's an a cloud platform called fluid Stack. The two companies will be sharing computing power, computing processing, things like that over a ten year deal. I think really why we got the reaction that we did was because this is now them moving away from just bitcoin mining into kind of the other big buzzword, and that's artificial intelligence.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 4: Macquari analysts say that this deal firmly establishes the company as a major provider of top tier AI infrastructure, so could have some potential knock on effects throughout the bitcoin mining industry as well. Maybe we'll see some more of these deals. You know, they have kind of the latest and greatest technology within their data data centers as well, so it can then only makes sense if they get it on this.
Speaker 3: For who, for Terra Wolf, for Google.
Speaker 4: I mean potentially a lot of these companies are doing these sort of like you know, uh, these these these uh just taking stakes in a lot of these smaller companies just to make sure that they're they're spending their bets wide.
Speaker 2: So the stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.