Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Trystal Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, we give you a very special treat on Casey and Di Lo in thirteen twenty, Sacramento. This week, me and the guys came up with the theory about why.
Speaker 3: Rob Polinka continues to be the GM of.
Speaker 2: The biggest dumpster fire in the entire NBA, in my opinion, the Los Angeles Lakers. Do you ever wonder why Genie Buss keeps Polink around us too?
Speaker 3: I think we crack the code.
Speaker 2: Very funny conversation, So do me a favor, Nick and drop that beat. All right, guys, this was a very rare conversation between three people who love to laugh and also are deep into the weeds in the NBA. I could never replicate this conversation or the hypothesis that came kind of supernaturally out of thin air, but I figured with their permission, I would drop it on the feed for your listening pleasure as well. Also, every Friday I go on. This show is an absolute blast. Make sure you go on YouTube on the thirteen to twenty ESPN feed every Friday, five pm Eastern watch it, listen to it live, get into the comment section. It's an absolutely fucking a blast. So here is listening to the conversation.
Speaker 4: Proper introduction. Trista Crick, the newest to sacrament the newest member of the Sacramento Kings Fan Club, and apparently the president of the KEG and Murray for Rookie of the.
Speaker 3: Year coming, Thank you, Thank you. Wasn't a hard call.
Speaker 2: Some people, some haters will say that there's too many bucket getters on this Sacramento Kings team. And you know what, I say, that's a good problem to have. I agree that's a good problem to have if you're a Sacramento Kings fan.
Speaker 5: Now you to the Kegan over over your guy, our guy. I like him too, our guy Pollo, Like, what's the tell the people? Like, what's your thought behind that?
Speaker 2: How many national Not to say that the Kings are going to get that many national televised games, but I think Orlando is less intriguing nationally, less intriguing to the overall media landscape. Come January February, I think they will be completely out of the mix. I think Sacramento, considering it's going to be a lot of these, you know, teams that are tanking for Victor, and we talked about this a million times where the Kings aren't doing that.
Speaker 3: They're They're not like Portland.
Speaker 2: Josh Hart put something out very cute the other day and he was like, Oh, yeah, we're not tanking for Victor.
Speaker 3: What's his name? First of all, you know what his name is? You know what his name. Don't do him like that. Don't do him like that. He is going to smother you when he comes in the league. He will remember you know his name. Second of all, who are you, Josh Hart? Are you? Are you Rgia? Do you know what we're planning planning on doing. We're tanking for Victor Womian. We just don't know it yet. So anyway, I think Shadon Shark's a good one as a like a low.
Speaker 2: Key value pick, but I think he gets much more intriguing to the national fan base because there'll be a plan. I think he'll be in the play in mixed later. Orlando's not going to be in the plan mixed. Contrary to what Markel FORLTS has to.
Speaker 4: Say, Oh Markel, you said something interesting on on your Rookie of the Year candidate's podcast that that got my attention. It wasn't about Kegan though, it was about Palo And I don't know you you may have mentioned this on the show from from the Summer League time, but you said Palo is one of the most physically imposing players you've ever seen, including Lebron.
Speaker 2: When you see him in person, there's just something it's just like you can't even physically fathom how big he is in real life because he's so perfectly proportioned that he looks like just a normal human and he's not six' ten and just as physically dominating in terms of like the girth and muscles pause that he has, everywhere and you just see him and you're, like, man he has to literally like lean over to go through a, doorway but then he's all of the proportions of like a six' five dude that's a Little. Like beefy it's something that people who see him for the first time all remark Because it's i've never seen.
Speaker 3: It before i've never seen it in.
Speaker 5: My life now you're you're spot on, with that because Our guy bonte hill uh talks about that when They saw duke when they Were In, san francisco and, he, said OH when I. SAW paolo i, WAS like i didn't know he was, This big like there's he has a presence, to, Him right and not only does he, have that but to, Your, point trista then you see him play and he's Moving Like. Donovan mitchell, you know it's, like wait what at that's all?
Speaker 1: You're?
Speaker 3: Doing that they shouldn't.
Speaker 2: BE possible i think the thing that makes him so remarkable is how good of a passer he is and how much touch he has for being that.
Speaker 3: Big too his hands should be like rocks and they. Are not Is?
Speaker 4: There god Kings, AND yeah I like i like him. A lot Kings and lakers tonight At The golden center Here. In sacramento, oh yeah it's it's final preseason game before the regular season. Gets underway what do you think about the all of this stuff With, The Lakers russell westbrook's coming off the, bench tonight all of the different videos that circulated from the, other day Like the lakers aren't, Good, Right, no no.
Speaker 3: One of the BEST things.
Speaker 2: I saw first, OF all i loved it As a blazer FAN since i was for any time You get, lakers chaos it's. The best it literally is just like a wet Dream for blazers fans will. Never compete so this is just. As good like, it's honestly our our championship title run is the demise Of. The lakers that's about as close as.
Speaker 3: IT gets i think.
Speaker 2: IT'S amazing. I love i don't know if You Saw anthony davis HIM With nba Radio ON. Sirius xm he Said that, he's, like yeah everyone's counting.
Speaker 3: Us out because, you know we were we weren't so good the last.
Speaker 2: Two years and, it's, like pause not only were you not, like good you didn't make it to the playoffs, last year like you were a playing team that happened to Beat the warriors to get to the playoffs and the year.
Speaker 3: Before that the levels that you've.
Speaker 6: Gone below championship caliber are so far below where your expectations.
Speaker 3: Should be with TWO all nba players and your nickname is.
Speaker 2: Day two, davis like oh, Why though and THAT'S why i Know what i've been, holstering that that's why no one counts and believes. In you and, he's, like yeah we, like that but we also. Don't care do you.
Speaker 3: Care or do you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: It yeah you KNOW what, i was, you know giving them a little bit of pass, and look if, they're healthy they're a.
Speaker 1: Playoff team.
Speaker 5: Number One anthony davis probably gonna, be healthy as MUCH as i hate, to SAY and i don't want to, see him but.
Speaker 3: He's not Traveling to sacramento for.
Speaker 6: Precautionary Reasons, It's friday, october fourteenth the, season starts.
Speaker 1: Win and it's.
Speaker 3: A fight you won't even let him get on. The plane what does, he have like? A collapselung like why can't he get up in? The air what are you not? Telling us, like literally you can, drive.
Speaker 1: There sure so so like that's not going.
Speaker 5: To happen but even outside, of THAT like i talk, About this we talk about this because, You know Dame's Guy, russell westbrook and everybody likes to Say It's russell, westbrook's fault but it's not like he's holding back some super o shooting guard That's behind, I'm like i'm sorry if You Benched, Russell westbrook kendrick not ain't getting you to?
Speaker 1: The playoffs LIKE the us is just not really. Good, Enough, NO no.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: THEY'RE doing i don't besides like just creating the most. Chaotic scenario why have They signed, Dennis shooter like why because they look at him for more and they're, just, like yeah we'll just take. Another one we'll just have a. MILLION guards i don't. GET it i DON'T get, I mean i kind of Understand That patrick, beverley signing but you you have. Another guard he doesn't shoot, Jumpers, Either right he's not the. Best shooter he tried to say he was as good As step curry at catch and.
Speaker 3: Shoot, threes, sir sir please please stop, With.
Speaker 4: This dennis why why.
Speaker 3: Does Also rob plinkett continue to? Get?
Speaker 1: Extended, now see that's the. CRAZY thing i don't know how he's.
Speaker 4: Still around it's gotta be it's Gotta be genies Tied, to KOBE like i like we've Always he genie is like she surrounds herself with people that she like knows. And trusts it doesn't matter if they're.
Speaker 1: Good at what.
Speaker 4: They do if she knows them and, trust them she's gonna keep. Them AROUND and i feel like that's her Tie, to kobe and that's why she's keeping.
Speaker 3: Him around there's these there's. This, BOOK yeah i stay with me because it's kind. Of convoluted there's this Book that i'm really. Into reading.
Speaker 2: Right now it's Called The Stardust, Thief right and it's about these magical creatures Called the gin and when, jin dye they, put themselves their soul and all of their magic into a relic could be like, a compass could be like, a shadow and like the ghost of this magical creature speaks through. This RELIC and i, just Imagine Like genie buss Believes That rob polink Is Like kobe, bryant's relic And Like kobe bryant Speaks Through. Rob polinka he shows her, the Way like kobe tell me what the NEXT move i need to, make is And Like rob, plink's like we Gotta Get.
Speaker 3: Russell westbrook She's Like, kobe bryant you Should Get. RUSSELL westbrook i.
Speaker 4: DON'T know I think trista is the second woman to have an edible before her appearance on.
Speaker 1: THIS show.
Speaker 4: I can't confirm, either ONE but i feel like this might be. The second, is guys.
Speaker 3: This came out of a, sober mind you, know MIND like i am never under The.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: I'm sober i'm Just picturing genie Looking At, rob, Polenka going kobe tell.
Speaker 1: Me tell ME what i.
Speaker 2: Should do kobe tell Me And rob blake is somehow convinced her that she's He Is kobe. Bryant's relative He's Like kobe bryant's most prized POSSESSION because i was an agent for.
Speaker 1: So long so that's the thing.
Speaker 5: About it rob is probably, sitting, THERE like i think she Really Believes, kobe's, Yeah, yeah genie that's exactly what's.
Speaker 1: Going on What would, Kobe.
Speaker 3: DO rob i know what he. Would do he would go out and get.
Speaker 2: A playmaker like, he's like, Hold, on jeannie, Hold on i'm getting.
Speaker 3: A vision, hold on. Hold on.
Speaker 4: This is awful for so, many reasons not the least of which is there's at least a small bit of this.
Speaker 6: Is real she's On Like phil, jackson's paote like she's trying to like summon.
Speaker 3: Up the ghosts.
Speaker 2: Of me.
Speaker 3: Tell me which way do?
Speaker 1: We go, Oh, man well he got like.
Speaker 3: A coin and it like tells him true. Or false got to read. The book it's an. Awesome book it's what it was what spurred this. Little COMBO so i want.
Speaker 1: To Read the lakers version of. That, book yeah That's what i'm. WAITING for.
Speaker 4: I can't WAIT for i can't Wait For rob. Polenka's autobiography you'll never. Believe, this yeah.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 2: CRAZY WOMAN i i Was the RELIC where I Held kobe.
Speaker 3: BRYANT soul A.
Speaker 4: Ten parts Special On rob polenka coming home.
Speaker 1: Next year, oh man did? YOU watch.
Speaker 3: I haven't. SEEN it i. Haven't seen.
Speaker 4: It's good it's it's it's. A lot it's, a lot even for. Ten parts it's. A lot, BUT yeah i, mean sure. It's good it's it's it's a look at, the, family like there's, a lot there's a there's a lot of family dynamics. In there they're all a part.
Speaker 3: Of it that the brothers are back in.
Speaker 1: The, MIX now i didn't know they. Were back, they're back.
Speaker 2: Going on they're back in the mix voting on whether they Should Keep russell westbrook.
Speaker 1: Or not oh, for god that's not a good Look for. Laker fans that's CALLED.
Speaker 2: C ya we're bringing in new stakeholders to get their opinions so that if things, go sideways.
Speaker 3: We have we have some, some cover some. Deep cover so did you guys?
Speaker 6: LIKE that i recorded a new episode just just were just.
Speaker 1: Not go i'm not gonna pull lebron. On you i'm not gonna lie, TO you i didn't hear, it YET so I gotta i.
Speaker 4: HEARD it i absolutely listened, to it and there was a whole reference in the first in the first, few seconds which which. Was wonderful even a clip of the show. Made IT but i just for, THE record i did love the locked. On preview it was just it was just so different than the woman who joins us Every every Friday.
Speaker 1: AT tuner i don't.
Speaker 2: Think, THIS version i don't think me talking About the Lakers Having rob plinkez the Relic Of Kobe bean bryant would have landed. The same maybe for absolutely clipped this and put this on, heat check because this is this is.
Speaker 1: Getting, clipped absolutely this is some great stuff. Right here.
Speaker 2: He's mad ad, Gone VANILLA.
Speaker 4: And i, was, like never, oh, no no you're just a. Gone court every once in, A while every once in, a while you gotta put on.
Speaker 5: A suit you got.
Speaker 1: To it if you got to, got it, you know secure, the bag.
Speaker 4: GO corporate i envisioned you doing it in a like a business suit or something like a blue.
Speaker 1: Power suit, corporate. Corporate, trista yeah.
Speaker 3: Just let me put on let me put on this bow. Tie today that's all the time that we have For The.
Speaker 2: Heat check many Thanks to Damien and kenny and all the folks at thirteen twenty that Make d Lo, and casey in, my opinion one of the best shows of its kind in. The country and follow us On heat check all, Season long download. And subscribe tell, your, friends please every single one. Of them give us a follow on social at This heat check And At trista creek.
Speaker 3: On TikTok we'll see you, next time. My friends thanks again.
Speaker 2: For listening