Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. Alexander Semenova joins US. Now, so what is on your radar today?
Speaker 1: That would have been a perfect segue, guys, to go from peanuts and snacks to chips, because all about chips, not the kind that you eat, the kind that are making some people very, very rich. Given the parabolic moves that we've seen in some of these run away by the move up in this group exactly. I mean I was just looking at Intel. When I last looked at it, it was up something like one percent. Now it's up two point eight percent. Also, Amd is up again more than two percent. In Nvidia is climbing about two point seven percent. This entire group has just been on a tear. The Philadelphia Semiconductor Stock Exchange Index is up something like sixty percent over the last six weeks, and by every metric, these valuations are getting incredibly extreme. These stocks are getting overbought. Michael Burry issued another learning about the group, talking about how this feels a little bit like nineteen ninety nine, but it's not stopping people from buying. We had retail investors.
Speaker 3: Would people buy I just want to point out the difference. Would we push back a little bit, just to play Devil's advocate? Would people push back on that and say, we actually have earnings with these companies?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You have the earnings you have for these data centers and the hardware that is building out AI infrastructure.
Speaker 3: A lot of the companies that went parabolic in the dot com boom had no earning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was nothing to back them.
Speaker 1: And bubbles can keep inflating for a very long time. Trying to time these kinds of things can really lead you to miss out on a lot of outsized gains. But the thing is when you are at these extreme levels buying and then the risks of fortunes reversing are very high. Right, if things go in the wrong direction, if we get one bad report from one of these companies, that things can turn very quickly.
Speaker 4: Our customer pulls back and we know the supply chain has been constrained. We're going to actually come back to this in a moment because it just speaks to the moment in time when it comes to semiconductors. Let's get to another name, Mosaic. You're also watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a really interesting company. So the war in Iran has sent fertilizer prices soaring, and this fertilizer producer, actually you would think that it would be a boon for the company, but it's really struggled through the conflict through the closure of the Straight of Horror moves because any potential revenue gains that it would have gotten from higher prices from fertilizer were actually offset by supply chain bottlenecks. So Mosaic reported a three hundred and seventy three million dollar operating loss. It also reported adjusting earnings per share that came in well below Wall Street estimates. And this is because of the surging raw costs for raw materials like sulfur ammonia and sulfuric asset. So that was all offsetting those potential revenue gains and this created bottlenecks for the company. About a fifth of global phosphate trade UH and nearly half of the world's sulfur trade depends on the Strait of Hormones, which has been yeah closed.
Speaker 3: I'm adding this one to my decliners. That's a really good one.
Speaker 1: That is a really good company. You're not talking about fertilizer every day, very well, we have been.
Speaker 3: Talking about them a lot because of the strait of Hormons. I think a lot of people, you know, ten weeks ago, thought oh, we're just gonna be talking about oil and gas. But the downstream effects of this being closed, people are learning a lot about phosphates, yes, exactly, other things, other things from sophomore year chemistry class, yes, in high school.
Speaker 4: That bring out the charts right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: To periodic table.
Speaker 4: We said we were going to kind of come back to the semiconductor space because we do have. First of all, the IPO markets come back, right. We've certainly start to see a lot of listings this year. There's a big one that we are watching in the AI infrastructure space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cerebrace Systems. So it increased the size of its IPO. It is now seeking to raise as much as four point eight billion dollars. So this is as demand for the company's shares are starting to kind of explode. And just a testament of that is apparently it was asking institutional investors how many shares they want and how much they're willing to pay for them to gauge kind of the outside demands that they're experiencing. And for context, the company is offering thirty million shares for one hundred and fifty t one hundred and sixty dollars a pop. Just recently and marketed twenty eight million shares for about one hundred and fifteen dollars each. This is, according to SEC filings.
Speaker 3: Topic of a company. Could this be once it goes public a gigantic Yeah, this is like really really massive I've been talking about.
Speaker 1: This is another huge IPO and another testament of the demand for AI built.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think what's interesting too, write another chip maker coming on, and you do wonder what it means for some of the existing players, because I do feel like we slowly are getting a narrative of Yeah, Nvidia is the behemoth in the space, it's the AI chip company. But you do wonder if there's other companies they're going to start to kind of pick apart theirs.
Speaker 1: And videos GPUs, all these other companies are also.
Speaker 4: Piling in nice stuff. All right, we'll look forward.
Speaker 2: To that one. The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.