Speaker 1: Yea from your question. Real, let's just keep it real.
Speaker 2: Straight Shot will no Chasing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get a little bit rough. I'm here for it. Those who really believe in the American process, all of us. Street Shot, No Chase with your girl, tesslam figure out on the Black Effect podcast net Worthday. All right, everybody, what is happening? Teslim Figure, straight Shot No Chaser with Jadarell. We are here, we are here. So much has happened, man, I've jade the last couple of weeks of Joseph ar Biden President Joseph ar Biden. Has it been a couple of weeks? Has been a month? It has happened so fast. Him getting out of the Buick, leaving the you know that's a joke that I said. You know he's riding in the nineteen seventy six Buwick. Him getting out of the buick, changing this entire race has been a whirlwind. We've talked about the zoom calls that they've had were welcoming Harris as the potential nominee. She is now according to the votes from the from the delegates that that did a phone vote, is she has enough delicates to actually be the nominee, but we won't see that actually take place officially until the DNC convention in Chicago, which I'll be there by the by the way, so that'll be a lot of fun. But so much has happened in the last couple of weeks, from the Black Women call, the Black Men call, the White Dudes call, the White women call, the Latino called, the Indian American calls, the wind with the Black Church that call was the other.
Speaker 3: Day, and cat Ladies for Harris, and they also had comedians for Harris as well.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'm wondering if you think Pliz can get hip hop for Harris. I wonder how many in a hip hop community we would gather, Yeah, that'd be interested to see who will be interested actually putting their name on the line. So it's just been a big whirlwind. You know, we've been waiting to know who the VP pick was. I think the VP pick definitely through some people off. People already kind of had it their mind for Pennsylvania Governor Sapiro I did. I think I thought that's what she might pick, just because you know how I feel, and anybody listened to the show, you know how I feel about Swing States. That's all I've been talking about. That's all. I'm gonna keep talking about swing state, Swing say, Swing say. I'm not that confident in Michigan. We know that we're recording this on Wednesday, and we know that she's in Michigan right now, literally while we're recording this in Detroit. So good to see some you know, energy in that area. But I'm just not comfortable about Michigan. And even if we look at just as a side note, we're gonna talk about the VP pick, but just to look at, you know, Hill Harper's race on yesterday that he was not successful Slotkin, who he ran against three hundred and sixty four thousand votes. Harper did eighty seven thousand, and I know a lot of his efforts was focused on Detroit. And so that you know how I kept talking over and over about the several different constituencies in Michigan that we have to pay attention to. One the labor union, who's been pissed, you know, because of they went on strike, you know, not feeling they have the support. Inflation, you know, affected them a lot. You have the students of Michigan State and there's a lot of young voters that they organized around, that we organized around when we worked on the ground in twenty fifteen. They still want college debt relief. They're also upset because of the war on Gaza is the Palestinian and the Gaza situation. They're upset about that. You have, obviously Rashiita Talib who won also last night unopposed. Nobody even raised their hand to run against her. So when I'm seeing all these conversations about apac apac a PAK, they come after everybody. Whatever she just leave is their greatest threat. She is the loudest, the most vocal, and also the most effective with organizing a ceasefire. She's done that in Michigan with a hundred thout, getting a hundred thousand people to go to the polls, and nobody even raised their hand. And it wasn't because a PAK wasn't looking for nobody to run against her, because they were. They were literally telling people, I'll drop twenty thirty forty million, just like they did in twenty twenty two, and she was successful. So that is obviously a very strong demographic that is not pleased. At least they weren't pleased with the Biden administration. Now look like they kind of I don't know if they own Pauls. They waiting to see what she gonna do. I don't know. But the Biden Harris administration is very similar to Harris administration. But we'll see how that all plays out. So that's that's one issue. And then I talked about the black voters, you know, wanting to see how involved they were, how engaged or where. Obviously this was not a presidential election yesterday, it was a primary, but still it kind of gives us an indication of people's appetite, you know, for voting. All of those things said, I'm not that I'm not that confident in Michigan for Democrats, but you know, we shall see. But I'm tilling all those demographics. So I thought that that picking Governor Sapiro would be a good plus, you know for Philadelphia being a state that they needed. Doesn't mean he can guarantee get it, but he does have a sixty one percent favorability rate. He can still try to deliver the state. But it is different when your governor's running. It is different. The energy there is going to be much different, the investment is going to be much different. To send their governor to the White House, so I thought she was gonna go with him, but she did not. She went with Governor Wats from Minnesota. And already there's been a lot of positive Progressives are excited. They feel as if they got some type of concession. Not really sure how because he feels the same way. His position is very similar to Sapiro when it comes to support of Israel. But I do know they did not like the comments that Governor Sapiro made about, you know, comparing protesters to the KKK, and I think, you know, they were really hung up on that. That was a big thing. But but if Governor Wall still supports the war, I guess, I guess language now is okay. I guess it's all a matter of the language. I guess, you know, I don't know. But progressors definitely looked at it as something to celebrate. So now, based on how progressors have responded, Jay, this is now a we got a progressive on the ballot, so of course, and they're literally saying it, guys, be proud you did this. You progressives did this. So the right loves it. They love it. They love nothing more than running against anything that is perceived as far left. So now they're pushing that narrative out.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts we in my opinion, just generally speaking about progressives, I mean, I think that they are a pretty much a minority within a Democratic Party. I will say that I do see that the Minnesota Governor Tim Wallace is being painted by the right as a communist. I'm wondering how this news is gonna go over. There were some financial disclosures from government. Tim Wallas, who is VP Harrison's running mate we're talking about it, says that he owns no stocks, he owns no bonds, he owns no real estate. And so I'm wondering how that, you know, how that will be received by business owners, entrepreneurs, etc. And folks who are really really big one big business and follow the economy.
Speaker 1: We see that his you know way before, we just won't pass that you had. Let's stop there and deal with that. So most business owners are broke. Like being a business owner just saying I'm a business owner. That don't mean I'm rich. It don't mean I have extra disposed with income for real estate or extra dispposed income for stock. Most business owner, which I was having one on our colleagues today Michelle about entrepreneurship is like, why does this have to be so hard? It's hard most business owners, especially small business owners, they're not large enough to have. And I'm not saying him, but you're saying how with that land? And I don't know about him and what he's at access to and being a governor, I know, being elected officials, you know, a lot of times hard for them to do business outside of you know, because everything they do is scrutinize. I can't speak for him, but I can certainly speak on what it means to be self employed in the Midwest for the last and in the South sometime. In the South for the last seventeen years. I've won Orlando Business Journal twice. I've sat on two boards African American Chamber of Commerce Ambassador for Central Florida, also the Central Florida the Central Florida Regional Chamber, the Young Professional Committee, an ambassador chairs there. And last year I won twenty twenty three US Department of Commerce Minority Entrepreneur of the Year. So it's pretty much established that I'm a business owner and I can tell you I absolutely relate to that. Absolutely. I don't have stocks, I don't have bonds, stocks and bonds. I'm trying to make payroll. I had three hundred employees in Orlando. I didn't have extra resource. That's when people get confused by business owners. Like most business owners are broke because they try to make payroll. They trying to pay taxes. They're robing Peter to pay Paul. Like, that's the reality of a business, which is why over fifty sixty percent of business owners actually go out of business to actually be in business, you know, and get a contract and self sustain, especially if you single, or if you got kids or like that. Yeah, that that that's actually pretty pretty relatable. And his career he's spent being a teacher. Teachers don't make no money. He's a teacher for thirty years.
Speaker 2: Well, so he's living on his pension from being a teacher.
Speaker 3: And just so we're clear, his current salary as a governor is one hundred and twenty seven thousand, six hundred and twenty nine dollars a year.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: And he opted out not to accept the race last year that would have that would have increased his salary to one hundred and forty nine thousand, five hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: So we got a whole governor that's making a hundred that Oh yeah, that's relatable as hell. Jay, I was surround you to say out a good load. Yeah, that's what label's hell. One hundred and twenty five thousand. Even when I had three hundred employees, I didn't bring that home. I had a payroll of fifty to sixty thousand a month, but I didn't keep any of that that went out to actually paid. I'm done better independent, you know, like going to get a job for maybe one hundred and fifty thousand as a comm person, and I've ever done for a business owner, but sure, especially in the government, so he's not used to a high salary. That absolutely relates. One hundreds of five thousand iss not a lot, especially to be the governor. Commission fifty is sixty thousand dollars like public service. Don't add to tell that to our colleague, our mutual colleague today. Well, I thought if I won, I would be able to parlay, parlay what you was gonna make twenty thousand dollar? What do you think it was about the parlay? Are you watch? Was you watching scandal or something? There wasn't gonna be some major lifestyle change. Parlaying your government position is called actually called a felony, which is what Donald Trump is in trouble for. Like there's no I don't know what you thought this was or some you know, I'm gonna be in government and I'm the millionaires that are in Congress and Senate senators because all of them are millionaires. They were millionaires before they ran. They made their their wealth and their money. They actually say you should do that, that you should make your wealth and get your money somewhere else before you get into public service, because when you do, everything will be scrutinized. Everything you do will be looked at. You obviously know there's a candidate that you know that I have supported, and I'm very an elected official. I'm very disappointed and what's going on with her now? Won't say any names, but she's about to go to jail. You know, behind using somebody's name for a house loan. You gonn watch she had to do that if she did do it allegedly, she said she didn't. She said the woman gave her permission. But because she doesn't make any money, she makes fifty thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Her credit is bad.
Speaker 1: All of her time is spent serving that district. She needed a co signer in her sixties. This is the reality of being a public servant that people be thinking getting twisted. They think it's some Now Congress, you make one hundred and seventy five thousand in Congress. I believe that's a salary. There are perks, there are certain things you might be able to get. You try to help your family if you can. We see what that happened with Corey Busch, don't we When she hired her boyfriend at security they and he actually did security. That was one of the ads that they put out about her, saying she's trying to hire her family. So, yeah, one hundred thousand ain't no money you in DC. You should know that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I definitely know that.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about the voters, especially like Republican voters or voters who are independent but typically lean read but are tied of Trump that would possibly be open to voting for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: I was I was just.
Speaker 3: Thinking about that demographic, or an elitist demographic. Less She's go ahead and say folks who do have money and who are a big one those.
Speaker 1: Of the people that already may not be on their side because they're talking about having people pay their fair share, so that the Democrats platform is not about being rich. Democrats platform is to them the working man, which Trump and them have taken that now and they say they're looking at for the working man, but actually it's for the rich. So nobody's trying to recruit the rich. That's you know, that's not the they're trying to They're positioning him as coach. Coach Waltz, you know, been a public serving his whole life. If he wasn't serving in school, he was serving as a veteran, an honorable man. You know.
Speaker 3: I want to get to that veteran piece and just the moment test, but I also want to add one more point about this financial piece. In twenty nineteen, Walls and his wife sold their home in Macato, Minnesota, for three hundred and fifteen thousand dollars after they purchased the home in nineteen ninety seven, and at that time they purchased it four hundred and forty five thousand, So they sold their home. They made a profit off of it, of course, and since then they've moved into the governor's mansion. So they also don't own any real estate, and so they're definitely definitely branding him as a blue collar worker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you must think I'm a leaders or something, because before we started the show, when you was like, yeah, but you're a really girl. I'm bro I'm the working man. I'm broke, you.
Speaker 2: Know how much up to I'm all for the I'm well for the workingman.
Speaker 3: My dad, you know, I come from a very blue collar labor union household. But I'm also thinking, I'm just thinking about these swing voters, right, folks who are probably in the middle, who may not Those are.
Speaker 1: People that don't have money though they are the working man. That's why they thought he would be good, having come on with his little hunting had and that's why Joe. That's why Joe Biden was brought to the ticket in two thousand and eight because Barack Obama presented the college, the attorney, the elite, if you will, or the whatever, and Joe Biden was, hey, let's sit down, let's have a beer. He's doing That's exactly what the assignment is supposed to do. Okay, got working class guy. Even though Joe wasn't technically working class, but he presented as that, you know, hey, let's have a beer. In the Midwest, those swing states, not a lot of money, didn't come from much, you hear Midwest. You know, Ah, my father worked in the steel mial. I always joke about that because who was the candidate on the Republican side that ended up getting a ran for president got in trouble for having an affair with his wife when she had cancer, Johnny it Wards. Oh I remember that with and yeah, John Edwards. He's always saying this speech. My dad worked in the steel mills, you know, right here in the middle. Like it's always about working in the steel mills. And that's one reason why I get offended when people think that Oklahoma City is in the South. It's not as Midwest. Depending on who you ask, they'll say they may say the South, but it's certainly not the deep South. Or they may say the West, or they may say with Midwest. But Oklahoma's in the center of the country. Is why they call it the heartland. It's in the center of the country, and it is very much Midwest values of the Missouri, the Michigan, the you know, all of that area. It is not Texas. It is not Louisiana. It is very in Oklahoma City. The only thing you knew to grow up to do was either go serve in the military. That's all they had. It was either serving the military, work at GM you know, a government job at GM. Our certain military are get caught up in the streets in the nineties and sell dope like that. That was the option then it wasn't. So it's very Midwest. It's not the Bible Belt, but very similar to the routine. Was my dad's side of the family Catholic, because you know, everybody in Louisiana's Catholic, and so they came they migrated from Louisiana. So it was all about go to math. And you know, my grandfather served two tours, you know, on the military, and he worked at the post office. It was all about getting a good job in the post office. My grandmother worked. He has a school bus driver and the cafeteria lady. That was always about the other side of my family, my mom's side, two entrepreneurs. My grandmother always had her own beauty shop, my grandfather always had his own mechanic shop. Christian the Christian side church three times on Sunday Sunday school, never missed main service and BTU at six o'clock prayer meeting on Wednesday, never missed, and something on Saturday. She was the church secretary as well. She was a deacon s he was a deacon. They both were in you know, both ushers all of that. Those our Midwestern modery, conservative like value. So anytime what's happening in swing states and particularly or when people are trying to win over, it's always a battle for those voters those votes.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha, I was sticking the opposite. You know, Folks who are trying to move up the ladder financially or or move between socioeconomic classes are typically the swing voters, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But they're struggling, they can't move up, so they identify with somebody that hasn't made a lot of money. They identified with somebody Trump has done very well with coming from money, but pretending as if he doesn't he he didn't get it out the mud. HM. So when Harris and Walters are talking about, hey, Harris was actually raised by single mother. Barack Obama raised by single money. They're showing the values that you're typically gonna see on the on the left side. But Republicans have that to those rural voters. So Walts is able to come in and have that conversation over a beer. Let me put on my I'm a fisher, you know, a hunter, Let me put on that. Now of a sudden, Democrats is pushing the Second Amendment, which is hilarious because you know, they normally don't talk about that, but they're literally now selling hunter hats that has walls. Did you see it? That has walls and Paris and it's the Hunter hat. You would never have seen that in that But they realized they have to pull some of those voters. Those are those I don't really like Trump, but I will if I need to, but I need something I can relate to. He is absolutely that military working in the school forever. Don't make a lot of money, only trying to take you know, just service service service. I don't need a raise, give it back to the state as long as I'm able to keep a roof over my head and food in my family, you know, pocket And I'm good that Democratic leaders you're talking about money, education, Princeton, all of that. That the swing voter is exactly who Walts is in the Midwest and those Midwestern states.
Speaker 2: Thank you for clarifying that.
Speaker 3: Now, the other thing you brought up that I do want to extrapolate on a bit is that Walts is a military veteran, but so is JD.
Speaker 2: Vance.
Speaker 3: And the story circulating that JD. Vance reopened a line of attack into Walls's military record as the two are now buying to be vice president.
Speaker 1: And what is that? Because I saw that run across the Tika? What is that?
Speaker 3: So basically JD. Vance accused Minnesota Governor Tim Wallas of dodging service in I Rock, claiming without evidence that Walls abandoned his unit to run for Congress in two thousand and five, and so these false claims were about combat service. Vance alleged that Walls falsely portrayed his military service, suggesting he claimed to have served in a combat zone while in the Army National Guard. Walts actually did serve twenty four years in the Army National Guard and retired in May of two thousand and five, just two months before his unit received alert orders to.
Speaker 2: To deploy to Iraq.
Speaker 3: So this is a story or narrative that's going viral, But these are unfounded claims, and the timeline does not actually line up with reality.
Speaker 2: It's something that you know, which.
Speaker 1: One don't line up what Vance is saying or what.
Speaker 2: It doesn't line up with? What Advancing.
Speaker 1: Are you saying? You think Vance live, what are you making playing?
Speaker 3: Absolutely yeah, Advance falsely accused Tim WALLSIP of of abandon naing his unit to run for Congress in two thousand and five, right months before you know, his unit was deployed to Iraq. Walts had already retired after serving twenty four years in the Army National Guard. So it's completely unfounded. So well, let's going to get us in debate.
Speaker 1: I'm looking as we're talking, I'm looking at the ticker now and saying Vance a text Wallas record as two veterans by for VP. So yeah, that's gonna be interesting. I bet the Well I do, like the Wats, know how to cast some clack backs. You know, they need somebody on the team to got some clapbacks, So Advance the Well. So that's gonna be it's gonna be interested in watching that debate.
Speaker 3: We just wanted to also point out that I just said that Wall served twenty four years you know, of service in the Army National Guard. But just to compare his record in the military to JD.
Speaker 1: Vance.
Speaker 3: JD Vance served four years in the Marine Corps as a combat correspondent, deploying to Arrive for about six months before leaving as a corporal in two thousand and seven. So, you know, I do like the fact that both of these candidates are veterans. But yeah, let's just tell the truth about people's records. So, of course the Dems and Republicans are going to go back and forth on that point. The White House has already responded. Press Secretary Karine and Jean Pierre defended Walls, highlighting his long service and background as a teacher and coach, stating his record also in the military speaks for itself.
Speaker 1: Well, it ain't be speaking for itself. He need to speak for it and they need to do it. As the At the debate, and I'm looking forward to it. Trump said that he I guess he will be debate and he said, I don't know. He really may not. I don't know, but I'm looking forward to it. They said it to be in September, so I'm looking forward.
Speaker 2: To it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I could beat one thing that JD. Evance would bring up in the debate, is Tim Watts's wife when is getting a lot of pushback and criticism for a comment that she made during an interview that she kept her windows open during the George Floyd riots to smell burning tires.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about that test?
Speaker 1: I heard about that. I haven't looked that up to see if that's true or not. But actually didn't make that statement.
Speaker 3: But she was saying that she thought that it was a monumental moment in our country's history, but not that she was, you know, celebrating the riots. I didn't get that impression from that statement. But it's something that folks should look at for themselves and make their own determination. I know that it is not going well on the right.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is to make a determination about. I mean, what does she like to smell of tires? I mean, she's not the governor. I mean, I guess, I guess. I mean, I don't know. If they want to find whatever they want to find, that that's fine. I will say hearing the things that he's actually done, the free lunch, and I will say, with working on the George Floyd, you know that's a matter. I talk about it all the time, way before I knew Wals that any of this was going to happen. So this ain't me cappin for no Walts. You know how I feel about George Floyd's family that has become family to me. And I do know had he not appointed Keith Ellison and taking it out of local and allowed the state attorney to do what he did and then Keith Ellison brought in assigned special prosecutors, I just don't believe Derek Shovin would have been convicted. So I just I like how that was handled. And there's some misinformation about that. So every time somebody bring up tires and opening up the window, I'm gonna bring up, you know, the fact that had he not had his leadership that I don't believe uh Shavin would have been convicted. So yeah, you know that, that's to me what's the most important. And in addition to that, some of the most progressive police reform policies have changed that actually have been implemented implemented in Minnesota. And that's the stuff that people don't hear about. They hear about a lot of well, why did George sloy justin Peace Act. Then yeah, I know I'm pushing for that too on a federal level. But again, over one hundred cities have did some level of police reform in Minnesota as one, and so we can't take that away from somebody's record. Yeah, and say, well, he let it burn for several days without bringing in the National Guard, And I'm okay with that too. I don't believe the National Guard should have been brought in to police citizens, So I'm okay with that. They're not gonna like it on the right. You know, I'm gonna be asked about it when I go do commentary, right, And I'm based on my military training, I don't think they should be in there because we don't need to be militarizing. Now. If you want to bring in other police or you know, whatever, want to, but the military shouldn't be policing our citizens. So yeah, I believe I stand on that. Bands should also stand on that. He knows how we would train train to kill SODA's walls. So yeah, the military is not designed the police's own citizens. That's my opinion, and I'm standing on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I was one of those people out there day after day after day. In DC, documenting a lot of what was going on down by the White House, et cetera in twenty twenty. Now, the other thing that I want to say really quickly about Walls, he's his immigration record.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we get into immigration. I want to say one more thing, moving real fast, it was it was riots all over the world, you know, all over the country. It was not just in Minnesota. Now they can focus on just Minnesota, but it was everywhere. There was an outrage everywhere. This was not just one government, you know, just one governor. So they got to keep that in mind too. But again, people have to find something to talk about, and that's fine. They can talk about it, but we just have to just remember to keep setting the record straight. Like it also happened in some Republican states as well. There was outrage everywhere. The response to what watching somebody be murdered. It trickled down in a couple different places. So I just won't say.
Speaker 3: That, but go ahead, sorry, no, no, yes, yes, that's absolutely right. And then also you're right, there were a protests also happening internationally, you know, in the name of George Floyd as well.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Okay, Walls is also being being heavily criticized on the right for being soft on immigration for some people. For some voters, that is a deal breaker. He has, you know, advocated for them to get free universal health care as well as driver's licenses. I also read that he is a proponent of gender farming care for young people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and I mean if it's if Hey listen, governors elected officials, Uh, they do what the constituents tell him to do. And so apparently he's in the state that's pretty progressive that believe in gender firman care. They voted this man in. They said, it's one of the happiest places to live, according to the you know, to the record, and they're fine with that. The Republicans say, leave it to the states. That's what they decide in the states. I don't mean, what else can we say about that. If that's not something you want, then move to the Great State of Texas because the definitely because the governor of Texas definitely ain't going for moved to the Great State of Georgia because the governor MP definitely ain't going for This is why y'all talk about the states rights. So that's that, So okay, so Jay, we hey Democrats have a vice president of nominee. We're gonna see how this plays out. I think the honeymoon season honeymoon. They're still in honeymoon right now. Things stuff is gonna start getting a little a little more heavy in the weeks to come. Still ninety days of probably eighty nine now, I haven't looked at my time clock with eighty nine days. Now. At some point we need a debate at some point, I would agree.
Speaker 2: I know JD.
Speaker 1: Vans ran up on the tarmac today at once on Air Force two saying that VP Hairs is avoiding the cameras and in the basement like Joe Biden. So I think they need to, you know, need to address that. Go ahead and you know you've had a couple of rallies, but you needed to get you know, VP. They need to get. But they need to speed it up, like you got your candidates. Let's get it going. Let's set up some interviews, let's start doing someone on ones. Let's get the debate popping. You know, you can't just keep you know, I get it. You want to spread it out and get the shorter time the candidate has to run the better because it's less you know, less, I guess pushback or things. You got a debate and things you got to wear. But you can't just strength, you know, run this out with ninety high. So everybody gotta get into it. I'm looking forward to it. It's gonna be a hell of a race and I'm looking forward to it. So we'll continue to keep covering it right here on Straight Shot No Chaser and trying to keep up with things. But I'm really ready for that debate that's gonna be oh man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we shall see how they go. I'm really excited to see me p Kamila Harris's first interview or I would like to see her do some sit down interviews.
Speaker 1: Yep. I'm ready for her to sit down and get it in and you know, the media picks it apart and says what they like and didn't like and go from there. Meanwhile, people that are supporting BP hairs better get the knocking on those doors because as you can see with the campaign, you were just involved with every day matters knocking on doors. So we'll see, we'll see how it all get going. We'll keep covering it right here on Straight Shot No chaser. Guys, make sure you follow me on Instagram. Make sure you're actually followed to this podcast. Don't assume that you followed just because it popped up. Actually click the follow. Make sure you follow because we've had some numbers, you know, fall off, and follow what I'm doing at Revolt Chief Political corresponding for the season. So it's just a you know, temporary little gig, you know, as we keep covering this. I did have an interview with Governor Moore that went really well. I also had an interview with Representative Jasmine Crockett that went really well. We're getting ready to a town hall. I won't put that person's name out there yet until we get it confirmed, so that's to be pretty good. We got another debate coming up, another political versus coming up, and I'm going to the DNC, So a lot that's gonna be going down in the next couple of weeks, and I hope you guys follow along. Follow me on Instagram as usual. Jay, Thank you so much for being my partner in this not just my partner in this podcast, but all things that I'm doing, because we're really doing a lot. I'm trying to do as much as I possibly can. I'm really enjoying doing local radio. I popped in with Atlanta last week's shout out to them, and I didn't know that I was recording for also Milwaukee, Orlando, and North Carolina, I believe. So when I was in there doing that one thing, he was like, Oh, do a drop for here? Do drop. It was very excited about Orlando because you know, this is my stomping ground, So very excited about them, Memphis doing radio there V one hundred tapping in with them for a couple of minutes, you know, every Thursday, tapping in every now and then with DJ Quicksilva and Baltimore, you know, your area, and Detroit adding Detroit to the mix. So very very excited about just all things I'm doing. Girl, I'm just excited. And it would not be possible without you. I told Michelle that today, like, never minimize being a partner on a team. It is not We were talking about changing lives and what roles changed life, and I'm like, partnership and who you have on your team. Absolutely none of this would be possible, not be possible without you. And so I just can't tell you that enough. I tell it every week but I always just like, I gotta tell you that because it's the truth.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tess.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, and keep going out there standing on business.
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am, standing on business. I don't know what that means in the long end, but hopefully God is pleased. All right, y'all guys, And just so you guys know, every Thursday, there's always a guarantee we have content every single Thursday. This is a weekly show. We did add in we started doing Tuesdays and Thursdays, you know, just adding in some additional content, but it is definitely every Thursday. I travel a lot on the weekend, so it's been kind of hard Jay not to you know, get together to do Tuesday. But don't think I'm shortening you guys or anything like. I am actually responsible contractually with iHeart every single Thursday. So you will have content every single Thursday. The Tuesday was just a bonus that we were doing to try to get in as much as possible. But Jay, gonna keep me back on track. We're gonna get back on that. But just bear with me again. I've been doing a lot of travel and you know, we try to record this to get it to you before Tuesday. You will always have something on every single Thursday, so make sure you say tapped in guys, and we'll continue to keep pushing along. All right, guys, peace peace. If you like what you heard on Straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast networking iHeartRadio on Tesling figure Out, and I like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Cruffer and our executive producer Charlotta Magne to God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts