Speaker 1: And now move the sticks with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks. What's up everybody? Welcome to move the sticks, DJ, Bucky with you? Buck? What is going on? How do man?
Speaker 2: No man look? Great week? Great football week? I mean, how can you get it? We're in the midst of the dead period when it comes to the NFL, but we get a chance to kind of preview and talk about what is about to happen in the season to come by looking at all these position groups.
Speaker 1: Yep, we've been rolling through it. If you've missed the previous episodes, we went through the quarterbacks by division and ranked them. We also went through the running backs by division, ranked those as well. Today we're going to do the whiteouts. So we're going to go one through for each division. See if we get a little lay of the land here, and then hopefully in nebil I believe has been tabulating these as we go along, so he can tell us what it looks like in terms of who has the I guess the bill when you calculate these, it would be low score wins like golf by division for those three positions combined. We'll be interesting to see how that comes out. So let's get rolling here. Back. Let's start on the AFC with these wideouts one, two, three, four, how do you go?
Speaker 2: Okay, So when we go to the AFC, and we go to the AFC, some go with the Miami Dolphins, New York just Buffalo Bills and New England Pagots. To me, it's pretty obvious when you talk about the Miami Dolphins, the best duo in football in terms of Tyger Kill and Jalen Waller, most explosive tandem. Both guys have gone well over one thousand yards in each of the past two years. Last year they combined for like eighty seven catches of twenty yards and more. They scare you from the time you step onto the field because their speed is real, and Mike m donald does a great job of putting them in situation. Mike McDaniels does a great job for them in situations where they can really take advantage of one on one opportunity.
Speaker 1: All right, I had just a slight difference from you Miami Dolphins. One you mentioned it.
Speaker 3: That was easy.
Speaker 1: You look at the collection they have. There are so much speed. They put so much pressure on you with that speed. And then I went with the Jets at two. Look, yeah, I think you can make a case Garrett Wilson. I can make an argument that you take Tyreek Hill in his own category, and then you know, if we have Garrett Wilson versus Waddle, who would you pick there? I mean, I can make a case for Garrett Wilson provided he as a solid quarterback play.
Speaker 2: Well, I can agree with you because I think Garrett Wilson is a number one. I don't know if I would categorize Jalen Wattle as a number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I mean, look, it's that they've got the dude there with Garrett Wilson, no doubt. Now, can Mike Williams stay healthy and that can they run him out there? If they do, that's a nice one two punch, Mike compliments him. Micha will get a lot of one on one with Garrett Wilson out there. And Mike has shown fifty to fifty balls are they're much better odds than that for him when he's healthy working vertically down the field. Just got to keep him healthy as he recovers from that ACL coming over from the charger. So I have the Jets too. I actually had the Patriots at three, and one of the reasons there. You know, look, Kendrick Bourne, solid all around player, Tomorrio Douglas, young speedster. He'll be going into what his second year or third year, I guess there for the I can't see the fun I think it's his second year. Obviously, it was a rookie last year, so at a liberty, big time speed, undersized player. He's a fun player. And everything I've heard the reports out of Patriots camp and talking to people that are tied in there, is that they might have hit one on Jalen Polk. There is a lot of love for him and he's got a chance. They feel like to be one of the real bargains and steals in the draft based off what they've seen from him early on in the process. There their second round pick out of Washington. So I had them at three. I had the Buffalo Bills at four. Keon Coleman, fun character, excited to see you know what he looks like as he continues, you know, to just he's going to keep getting better as a as a rookie. We'll see what he does. I think you'll see a better version of him later in the year than you will earlier. In the year. But I feel like with Curtis Samuel Khalil Shakir, they've got you know, they've got kind of those role dudes. I don't know if there's any anybody that on you know, third and six. I mean to me, I think that ball is going to the tight end. I don't necessarily want we're talking about their whiteouts. I don't. I don't love where they are right now in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think when you're you're talking about the Buffalo Bills, it's a bigger loss then I think will anticipate when they rolled out the balls in the fall and they don't have Stephan Diggs. Like Ken Coleman, love his athleticism and his ball skills and what he can bring, but he certainly not Stephan Diggs, an established wide receiver, a number one receiver, guy who played at the top of his game. How Josh Allen, I would say, it kind of acclimates to not having that. Can he make the core better? That's really the number one question that you have in Buffalo. Can Josh Allen elevate the playmakers around him?
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, let's get to the AFC north.
Speaker 3: Man Good Division.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna go Cincinnati, Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Bengals. Man just a combination of Jamar Chase and T Higgins. I mean, that's that's enough right there. It's about two dynamic plays. There's two guys that can get it done in a variety of ways. You talk about T Higgins being able to be the vertical stretch guy, a guy who I would say is kind of like a hybrid number one receiver on most teams of the way he's viewed throughout the league. And then Jamar Chase just an alpha dog on the perimeter. He can catch short, he can go over the middle, he can do all of those things that you want to see as a catcher, run specialist and winning the fifty to fifty balls. Joe Burrow has two of the best bar receivers that you can find in the league at his disposes.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons about it Bengals right first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have it the same. I have the Bengals, the Browns, the Ravens, the Steelers. Quickly on the Ravens and Steelers the Ravens. Look, I think Zay Flowers is on his way to being a one I think he has that type of ability. He saw it last year. Obviously the playoff game, the finisher wasn't the game that he wanted there with the way that went down. But to me, I think he's got legit number one ability. And then they've got some interesting names, some interesting guys in the room along with him, and then the Steelers. I said this the other day, I don't know if Brandon Ayuk's going to get traded. Probably won't, That would be my guess. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me for the Niners to do that, considering they're not going to get anybody that's going to help replace him value wise for a team that's ready to win a Super Bowl. But let's just, you know, just say generically, if there was a receiver that was going to be traded, if it's if it's Courtland Sutton, if it's Ayuk, if it's one of these guys somehow T Higgins, I don't see that happening. But I could make a case to Steelers based off of cap room. First of all, they have tons of room. They can absorb the player, give him a new contract, make him highly paid, hopefully to be a one Because I think when you look at George Pickens, I think he best compliments as a number two who's going to give you, you know, the big explosives. But I think it's going to be a little bit inconsistent, a little bit up and down. I think he profiles perfectly as a number two receiver there. And then they had some role players, you know, Van Jefferson role player. I think Roman Wilson kind of uses a gadget, guy jets weeps, things like that. I think they'll know how to use him. But I do think that of these teams, man the Pittsburgh Steelers, they have the room for it, both money wise and position wise. There for a number one to bring in the room.
Speaker 2: They do have it, and they've been really really good at developing their own. But having that one guy, an established veteran that can come in and maybe slide into the number one role while Pickens is kind of serving that apprenticeship might be something that Pittsburgh Stealers want to do, because remember they want to run the football and they're trying to revive Russell Wilson and Justin Field's career. At some point, you still want playmakers on the preier that can help all of those things be accomplished. Let's get to the AFC south Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars in the Indianapolis Colts. And this is a tough one for me, not at number one, because I think the Texans are head and shows as above everybody when we think about Nico Collins, Stefan Diggs, Tankdale, what they can bring to the table. The conversation to me is about the Tennessee Titans versus the jackson With Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Did you go the old guard.
Speaker 2: That is established in DeAndre Hopkins and Calvin Ridley, or do you go with I would say the more balanced unit, which is Christian Kirk dealing with Bryan Thomas Junior and Gabe Davis coming on board. Because we're not including the tight end with Evan Ingram. The nod goes to Tennessee Titans. But if you know Evan Ingram in that conversation as a tight end, then it becomes a very very interesting discussion.
Speaker 1: All right, interesting, this is one where we're a little bit we're a little bit different order here, but I have I have the Houston Texans one. I'm with you on that one. I am bullish and maybe it's maybe it's our old buddy Reggie Wayne's influence here, but I actually have Danianapolis Colts two. I have the Tennessee Titans with Calvin Ridley joining their group at three, and I have the Jags at four. Yes, I have last last. Here's the thing, Buck, you lose inside the division, no less you lose Ridley, which is a big loss. So when I look at them, he Gabe Davis, I like Brian Thomas Junior, but don't know exactly what we've got there. Christian Kirk's a good player, but I look at like like this complay to them, to the Colts. When I look at the Colts, I see the combination of guys that they have there with Pittman and Pierce is kind of the power forwards. They just paid Pittman Adam II Mitchell. Talent wise, I could make an argument just pure ability. He might be the most talented receiver in the entire division. Now they got to get it out of him down and down out, be consistent. But you're talking about elite, elite, and that's that's comparable. Him and Brian Thomas will be fascinating to watch those two careers. How those guys progress. I actually had Brian Thomas ahead of him in the draft, but two very gifted players. Josh Downs. You know, Josh Downs is a good player, instinctive young. I think he's on the come up. I think you're going to see a better version of him this year than you saw last year during his rookie campaign. So I think they have a good mix of guys with different skill sets. You've got your power forwards, you've got your you've got your freak athlete and ad and I Mitchell, and you've got your point guard there and Josh Down. So I'm bullish on the culture, but I can see it. I don't I don't think there's a I don't think there's anything crazy about two three four. I think that one being Houston is not really a debate. And then I think two three four, Okay, check those up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Look, and I think that's kind of how the division could play out, Like it's gonna be determined by how those guys around the quarterback perform. And it won't only be the offensive line, but it'd be the pass catches. And look, everyone is high on the Houston Texans and rightfully. So they made a remarkable turnaround last year. It appears that they've added to a roster that was already good enough to win the division a season ago. For everyone else, they're chasing cj s throughout in company. And the only way that you're going to close the gap on that crew is your playmakers on the apps that I have to dominate.
Speaker 3: And so which group of these.
Speaker 2: Pass catches plays at the highest level, We'll determine which team is going neck neck and neck with the Texans coming down the stretch to win the division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be an interesting division to follow for sure. AFC WESTFC West.
Speaker 2: Like DJ, this is probably one of the more disappointing divisions to me when it comes to the wide receivers. Let's go with the Raiders, the Chiefs, the Broncos, and the Chargers. The Raiders DeVante Adams still kind of carries in kind of tips to scales of balance towards the Raiders.
Speaker 3: You have to come from Myers and that, but look, it's a really good group.
Speaker 2: I can't say that I'm wowed by anybody in this division. I go with the Raiders because DeVante Adams is the best receiver in this division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want with the exact same order. So I mean, I I'm with you. It doesn't get me super excited, but I do get excited about the rookies in this division when you look at some of them. Let's just go through some of those teams that have rookies that they're going to throw out there. The Chiefs with Xavier Worthy, what does he look like with that elite, elite speed, the fastest guy we've ever had, the combine, how does he matt fit in with this group? That Rashid Rice. The uncertainty there with him, that's that's you know, that changes what that group looks like depending on what happens with him, if there's a suspension or whatnot. You look at the Denver Broncos, Troy Franklin being a rookie to add to their mix. They've got some other players there. Marvin Mems did some nice things last year. Courtland Sutton is is very gifted. Tim Patrick comes back, But to me, Troy Franklin, a rookie flyer from Oregon, big time speed, will be fun to watch. And then the Chargers have a couple Lad mcconckiey there in the second round. I think he's a great fit there. It sounds like they're using him a lot in the slot. He can play outside if you'd like him to. Excellent route runner, excellent after the catch. Durability is to concern with him. But then you've got two more that they drafted in the seventh round, with Brendan Rice and Cornelius Johnson. Brennan Rice obviously Jerry Rice's son. I think there's it sounds weird to think of a son of a Hall of famer who's still like developing player, a sorting player. He's He's someone I think you're going to see continue to get better and better. So I had the same exact order as you did, But I think the rookies will be fun to watch in that diviye.
Speaker 3: Had a Rickie should be fun to watch.
Speaker 2: So some of these guys gonna have opportunities right away to make their mark.
Speaker 3: The division is a really.
Speaker 2: Interesting one when we look at it just doesn't have that star power that we used to see.
Speaker 1: All right, Buck, that wraps up the AFC. Let's let's take a quick pause and we'll come back. We'll wrap up the NFC with the whiteouts and the Bio has been hard at work. He's been tabulating some numbers for us. So we'll look and see by division who we think has the best collection. Combining our two scores on these guys for quarterbacks, receivers, running backs. We'll get to all that right after this. Okay, we're in the NFC, buck, Let's get to the NFC East.
Speaker 2: Well, NFC East, to me, this is another one that is clear and apparent. Let's go to the Philadelphia Eagles, to Dallas Cowboys, to Washington Commanders, and the New York Giants. Philipie, Eagles, AJ Brown, Bonsei Smith. How can you be that combination? Two guys that really share the mar quy as number one receivers, one Rex, the other destroyers.
Speaker 3: The physicality and toughness.
Speaker 2: Of Aj around, the smooth polish that DeVante Smith displays on the They're just too good, too talented.
Speaker 3: That's why the number one of my books.
Speaker 1: Yep I had the same order. Eagles commander or sorry, Eagles, Cowboys, Commanders, Giants. I am really fascinated to see what the Giants, what Malik neighbors looks like, because look, electric there was top five player in this draft class. I think he's an elite, elite talent. So I'm curious to see, are we looking at the Giants a little different, looking at that receiving group, that collection of guys a little different after we get a chance to see what Melik neighbors looks like once we get to the regular season. But the Dallas Cowboys, I think that one two punch with Ceedee Lamb, Brandon Cooks pretty darn good, excited about excited about that combination. Ryan Flornoy, interesting rookie. A little bit later, pick who's got some ability, So we'll see how that group comes together. And no arguments there on the rest of this list. I do think the Commanders have a group that fit. It's really well when you look at McLaurin, Johan Dotson, excellent hands with Dotson, McLaurin and all around wide out. And I think McCaffrey, again, someone who hasn't played this position a long time, but someone who just got better throughout the process from the regular season to the bowl games to the workouts. I think you're seeing somebody that's getting more comfortable at that position. I think Luke McCaffrey is going to be a good player there for the Washington Commanders. All right, how about the NFC North.
Speaker 2: Most competitive division that we've talked about In all these personnel groupings, really difficult to kind of separate them, but I'm gonna go with the Minnesota Vikings, the Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, and then the Green Bay Packers. The difference to me between the two teams at the top of the Minnesota Vikings and the Chicago Bears, I say Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison. Justin Jefferson's ability to rank as a top five, a number one maybe wide receiver one throughout the league gives him advantage. Jordan Addison has already shown that he can be a capable feeling if he has to occupy by their role when Justin Jefferson was out. They're talented. They may not have the thrower that allows them to fully showcase their skills, but from a talent standpoint, to me, this superior then. But everyone else in the division can print roll out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a big time one two punch. I would take Justin Jefferson as the top guy. Him and Tyreek hill t They're different players, but those are to me, those are the two guys I went with them at one. I went with the Bears at two. Love that collection. I love Roma Dounzi was my favorite player in the draft. I'm excited to see how they use him and deploy him. Somebody with the ability to play any of these positions. They were two for me. I had the Packers at three, which is a volume thing. Obviously, I'm under as Saint Brown. You know what he got paid and what he's done consistently since he's coming to the league as a great player, and it sounds like Jamison Williams has really taking some strides, taking that next step there in the offseason, which gets me excited about the Lions. But the Packers I put over them just because the volume of guys. There's so many different weapons that they can throw at you. You look at Christian Watts, and you look at Dobbs, you look at Jayden Reid, you look at what they got at a Dontavian Wicks, bo Melton who's got big time speed. That is a collection. They're gonna beat you with depth, like the Boston Celtics of the receiver group there for the for the Green Bay Packers, yeah.
Speaker 3: They can beat you with depth and they've been able to do it.
Speaker 2: They did it last year, and I believe that one of these guys is gonna emerge as a star. Whether it's Christian Watson and one of the other guys in the group, somebody's gonna end up being a star, and it's gonna be a parent that they are deserving it being the number one receiver. It's amazing that we could talk about the collection of guys and Jordan Love went on record and say, I don't know if we need a number one. It causes more problems to teams to know that we don't have a true number one, that the ball goes to the open guy.
Speaker 3: And he's right.
Speaker 2: But after this year, after they performed well, particularly if he plays well, someone is going to be recognized at the number one and to change the pecking order for the Packers going forward. NFC South Buck Tambay Buccaneers, the Atlanta Falcons, the New Orleans Saints in the Carolina Panthers. I still can't get over this big boy comedy nation of Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. I mean, they're just too big. They're still talented. Godwin has not been the player that he's been in the past, but he's kind of showing signs of getting back there. And then Mike Evans is just a lot of consistently on the perimeter. Every year he shows up, every year, finishes with a thousand year old seasons. You just don't see that like. That level of consistency, regardless who the quarterback is, speaks to how dominant he is outside and those two big bodies making plays all over the field.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons why Baker mayfield.
Speaker 2: They performed well and really one of the reasons why this team may swipe.
Speaker 3: The division again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want with the same order. Tampa won, Atlanta two, Saints three, Panthers four. But let's just pull out some of the rookies to keep an eye on. You mentioned the big duo there that they have with with Evans and Godwin. They're in Tampa. I'm excited to see how these Jalen McMillan, a true slot receiver, what he looks like there in that offense, how they sprinkle him in, what they get out of him. You look at the you look at the Carolina Panthers. You know the big move made to get up to the last pick in the first round because they didn't want to wait one spot for Laget. They're out of South Carolina, who was big and strong and physical, run after catch excellent. He can play over the top. The hands a little bit inconsistent, a little bit tight, So he's an intriguing one to see how he transitions, how he develops there. So we'll be keeping an eye on that there with the Carolina Panthers. But man, if the Falcons can get good quarterback play. You know what we think of Drake London and his ability, it goes to another level. If you get the quarterback position dialed in, we'll get a chance to see him at his absolute best. I'm looking forward to that being the case there with Kirk Cousins. Okay, NFC West.
Speaker 2: Another tightly contested one because you have really good pass catches throughout this division. I'm gonna go with Seattle one, San Francisco two, La Rams three, and then the Arizona Cardinals and four is DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett and JSN Just the individual and the collective abilities of these guys sets them apart from the rest of the group. DK Metcalf is still a big play specialist. Tyler Lockett continues to be a guy that is a reliable chain mover, and then DSN kind of growing and being groomed to be the number one receiver on the perimeter. In time, he's going to take the take the baton from Tyler Lockett and kind of become a bigger contributor, a.
Speaker 3: Bigger force on this offense. That's why I'm gonna go with the Seattle Seahawks as the number one unit.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't argue that too much. I will just say this, if you think about it from a wrestling standpoint, you got a three on three match Metcalf, Lockett, Smith and Jigba. It's a great trio you just referenced, I UK, Deebo and Ricky Piersall the rookie. That's a really good trio there. The reason why I went with the Niners one and the Seahawks two is because the fourth man into the ring was Jowon Jennings, and I don't think that Seattle has him. So I'm gonna say that four is better than Seattle's three. But it's look, that's a good discussion. I think they're both excellent groups. I have at San Francisco one, I have Seattle two. I have the Rams three as you did, with a great combination there with Puka Nakua and hopefully Cooper Cup stays healthy and we get to see what he can do and some other interesting pieces there in that room. And then the Arizona Cardinals at four. I was tempted, man, it was I couldn't do it, just because of what Pooka's done and what Cooper Cup production wise has done through his career. I'm bullish though. On the Cardinals receiver group. I like that room that they've built there. I think Michael Wilson's got a chance to be a really good player. And then you add Marvin Harrison there. That is a nice one to two punch. It's a great combination with those two young guys.
Speaker 2: Great combination with those young guys. It's just a matter of what they do when they have their opportunity to play. We can speculate, we can project out what they were doing too. We see it between the lines. It's hard to go all land on them, but certainly confident that you can get a lot out of there. This is a really good division and it's one where airs on the corners talked about Marvin Harrison junior, kind of giving them what they've been lacking since le Fitzgerald departed, a true, big body.
Speaker 3: Number one receiver that can dominate all areas of the field.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's time to see if No Bill does homework. We've done it. We are done with the quarterbacks, We're done with the running backs, We're done with the wide receivers. No Bill's homework assignment was to tabulate that. Take Buckies' rankings, my rankings, combine them, and we'll look at it division by division. So, Nebil, you got to jump in here. Let's start in the AFC. Let's start where we started, the AFC East, and we'll just go through all the different divisions here and No Bill jump in here. Go ahead, and Bill what we got? Who's the winner in the AFC East.
Speaker 4: So the winner in the AFC East is the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we like the Dolphins is the best team there in terms of offensively, shouldn't be surprised all the production they have there. Alright, keep me wrong.
Speaker 4: We got next for the AFC North, we have the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Okay, offensively, it's a good division with some of those offenses. Nice. We'll we got next for.
Speaker 4: The AFC South, we have the Texans.
Speaker 1: All chalk right now, bos, there's nothing that's surprised to keep it going.
Speaker 4: Now, for the AFC West, we have the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why we go deeper on this than bio. We might get some takeaways, but right now, what the favorites are? The favorites? Keep rolling here? What we got?
Speaker 3: What's next?
Speaker 4: For the NFC East, we have the.
Speaker 1: Eagles, Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: So with the NFC North we have the Lions. With the NFC South we have the Falcons, and the NFC West we have the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, there you go, bucket. Very productive exercise that produced no surprising results result. We've had some good discussions there. We did have some good discussions.
Speaker 2: But the look, the favorites are the favorites, and the guys that the teams that we've consistently talked about and the teams that we anticipate being in the tournament, teams.
Speaker 3: Buying for the Super Bowl, are the ones they have the most talent. We talked about.
Speaker 2: Look, it's it's now the x's and o's is Jimmy and Joe's and the teams that as seemingly are quite the best talent. They have an opportunity to be the last team standard end of the season.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for us this week. I hope you guys have enjoyed the multitude of episodes here as we have a fun little off season assignment. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. We'll see you next week right here on movie sticks.