Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know are you a Charlotte?
Speaker 2: Welcome back everybody to Are You a Charlotte? Part two? Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the actual episode because we haven't even touched on Samantha, which is a very funny and good storyline, very funny and good, and I just want to say Bobby Cannavale plays the guy here. I think his name is Adam Ball, which is also kind of entertaining, and I do think he was based. All of our storylines are based on some real story that the writers either experienced or know of.
Speaker 3: Really, it's too good. You can't make it up now. I had to come from a real experience.
Speaker 1: And I had forgotten all I remember. Obviously, funky spunk became like quite you know, a big thing, and I don't know. I know Bobby. I've worked with Bobby since then. We were on Will and Grace together. I don't think I asked him, Like before I started doing this podcast, it never occurred to me to say to the guys, Hey, what was that like for you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And I'm dying for Bobby to come on. Bobby, please, if you hear this, please come on. He's a great, great person, so sweet, such a great actor. But I just wonder in life, what was this like for him? Like walking around like.
Speaker 3: I was thinking the same thing rushing last night, I guy, because obviously we know he's acting or whatever. It is a script, but I'm like, I wonder if after that people didn't want to blow him because they were like he was.
Speaker 1: He's walking down the road and people were like you, I mean, like how mortify and think about that.
Speaker 2: I just figured he would never get another blow job again.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's doing fine. He's with Roseberr and they have children. I think it all worked out. Everything's fine. I think it's all good.
Speaker 3: In that moment watching I was like, I wonder what it was like.
Speaker 2: Why didn't I ask him this when I saw him in life? But I think you just I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't have that viewpoint of like what what was this like for them? You get to have him on no, I know, I know, Bobby, you must come, you must come. But he's so funny in it because he's not. I love his way that he does it, which is like you give such good head.
Speaker 2: You know, he's like really into it.
Speaker 1: In such a funny way. And then also so and I also love that Samantha takes him and makes him drink wheat grass juice. It's really funny.
Speaker 3: It's like, how long does it take for it to work its way through the system?
Speaker 2: Half hour?
Speaker 1: I know, But then it doesn't work. I think he's going to need more days.
Speaker 2: I think it takes like he needs pineapple. I think he needs asaie also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yea yeah, asae, pineapple, a lot of fruit, right, diet.
Speaker 2: Right, he needs like more alkaline diet. I don't know. I don't know. But the thing that's funny too is that then I was a little unclear.
Speaker 1: When she so, So it's kind of a saga, right, her trying to figure out this and talking to us, and Charlotte gets up and leaves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're very angry. I know you, Charlotte, I know, are so.
Speaker 1: Funny, Like of all things, I'm just gonna be like no, But I think that's because I'm engaged. I think I'm engaged, and I'm like above this now, right, So he's not going to die gather it right, So I'm like, okay, wait, I've talked so many crazy things with these ladies. But whatever, Okay, I'm just gonna get up and go. It was a funny moment, but I think it's funny how she wants to make it work. She tries to take him to get the wheat ress. She tries it again, and then I had forgotten that she gives him this huge speech about how it is a job and you have to think about your jaw, and you have to think about your teeth, and you have to think about your tongue and men don't know blah blah blah. And I'm also thinking, like, you know, all the men watching this are like women don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then she's like, but with the right men, right, be fabulous.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, which is also it's all very trippy to me. Then I forgot that she makes him.
Speaker 3: Taste it right, but they don't show it like it's interested they I don't know how I'm talking about what you mean, like you.
Speaker 2: Don't actually you seem no, you don't.
Speaker 4: See the com but you see she puts his fingers in his mouth. Okay, okay, okay, And she said, you're fine with it.
Speaker 2: I pretend he was fine with it.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, fine with you.
Speaker 1: You know I wasn't there on the day that day that they were filming that, right, but you know that was like so much discussed that. That's also why we need Bobby. We need to hear about the difference takes, you know what I mean, and how big of a reaction versus how small of a reaction to give.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once you taste your own funky spunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I wonder how many men have actually done this. I don't think very many. I don't know, what do you think. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I doubt it is dying. I doubt it, right, I really doubt it.
Speaker 1: But then also Samantha says she's not swallowing, and I'm like, wow, I would have thought that she was swallowing.
Speaker 3: She seems like a swallower to me. But you know what, I gave up swallowing at the age of maybe twenty four.
Speaker 2: Swallowing is hard. I mean, it's rough, man, This is what I want to say.
Speaker 3: I don't think that cotton style card it does either.
Speaker 2: You can put it on my face.
Speaker 3: Hard, okay, okay, because it's great skincare, especially if you're broken out my stomach, my back. If I want to have a baby, do your thing, which I don't want to have a baby, I understand, but not in my stomach. I just don't feel hard.
Speaker 2: To swallow that stuff. It's hard.
Speaker 3: It's harder about the texture.
Speaker 2: The texture is awful, it's awful, horrible, it's awful. But also it's just such.
Speaker 1: An awkward, awkward moment of like do you swallow or don't you swallow?
Speaker 2: And what do you do with it if you don't swallow?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, back in my heyday, yes, usually when I would swallow, I would chase.
Speaker 2: It with like a shot of vodka. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, well that's probably the way to go, that's the way to come. I would think, yeah, yeah, see i've been sober for too long.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, because I didn't it's sober until twenty eight, got it. And then if you don't swallow, I think you have to be near a bathroom to like spin it, see the toiler rough.
Speaker 1: That's just all very difficult because then it's like an ache factor that you need to.
Speaker 2: Go spit it out.
Speaker 3: What I don't a lot calling on an empty stomach, though I know.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think that people, meaning men, really realize that it's like a very potent, kind of weird thing to eat, you know what.
Speaker 2: They should try it so they understand what we go through, you know, I do, I do know. But I think they would.
Speaker 1: Also say the same, you know about women, not that they have to swallow something, but you don't. I'm trying to say they we don't know yourself.
Speaker 3: Before I know someone's gonna go down there. You know, you justirl put it in the mouth.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Thanks, yeah, not too much.
Speaker 2: No, it's really good. What if you don't feel like it's up to.
Speaker 1: Par Okay, okay, great? Great, I was gonna I was gonna learn something. I was looking to maybe learn some tips.
Speaker 3: I'm very into my vaginal hygiene. I love it like I would my skincare routine.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, oh that's very nice.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for the people who come over my amazing housekeepers that keep all of the ducks in a row and me feeling like my kids can crawl on the floor because they see all of my products that I'm sure they're like, what Wow, I'm sure they think I do porn or something.
Speaker 2: I feel enough to I don't think that they think you do porn. That would be so extreme but you.
Speaker 1: Mean, like maybe they just think that you're really into cleanliness with that, you know, I'm an extreme, right, Wow, I do feel I need a list of the products though.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm super curious. Now I've got you. Wow, Okay, grant.
Speaker 3: My friends and I like to go back and forth with like what they're using. Like my friend told me about these these wipes that taste like something.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that's good.
Speaker 3: I don't think those are good for me.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're good for you either.
Speaker 3: Like that because I'm also really I'm a weirdo. Okay, because I'm it, I shouldn't say I'm a weirdo, Okay. I like to read the ingredients. I'm very funny about what I put under my arm. Penny too, I don't know that I love putting something on my vagina that tastes like some flavor, feels no flavors.
Speaker 2: That's strange, and I think that's healthy.
Speaker 3: It's not healthy. But also like when he's down there, I don't want him to be like, oh, a.
Speaker 1: Banana, that's weird, that's so weird. No, that's so weird. No, no, no, I don't think that's good. I don't think that's good because there would have to be something sweet in there to make the banana, and then you might get.
Speaker 2: A reaction, you know what I'm saying, or something.
Speaker 1: Boo yeah boo, not worth it, not worth it, worth it, Okay.
Speaker 2: The carry of this.
Speaker 1: When I was watching it, I feel like it's kind of a film, you know, like it's a lot, like a lot happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love Charles McDougall, who directed it, one of our just best. How he uses the camera or how he moves the camera like it's so beautiful. You know, it's like really really up the game in terms of the visuals and the you know, like in the elevator, it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: The elevator is amazing. Can I tell you what I love? Tell me is when Carrie finally calls big Back and he's in the car and it goes from the driver but instead of just popping onto his face, it gives you like a it's.
Speaker 2: Like a whip around yeah yeah yeah yeah, to the back seat. Yeah yeah yeah. Yeah. It's good.
Speaker 1: It's really good because cars are hard to filming because you don't have a lot of space. Right, No, Charles is going to figure that out. Charles is going to have an idea and he's going to do it. It's going to be it's going to take thirty takes, but he's going to do it.
Speaker 3: It's the big moment. We watched Miranda listen to this message with Carrie over and over again, and she's finally decided to call him back. So I take of like bigg in the car driving whip around to him, answering, right, you finally did you want?
Speaker 2: Definitely? And then he's just such a jerk. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Oh we love the men who are like a little bit of like dickish kind of Do you think I don't love that you're a hallway, you're a healthy woman.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I've been through it too much, right, I mean not this particular version like to me, it's so profoundly it like if a man said to me after this nonsense that he's put her through, and then and he's told her in a drunken moment at a furniture show with the.
Speaker 2: Like like through a finch, like what out of my fate? Totally?
Speaker 1: And then you call him back after this like dramatic voicemail and you say what is it? And he says, I thought about what I said and it would cost me too much money. Click, I never speak to that person. No, get me out of my fan done, Like, ew, how can.
Speaker 3: You get away from him when he's calling your apartment talking to aiden and then coming to where you are.
Speaker 2: No, that's bad, that's stocker ish, it's stockersh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but that's another thing. When I was watching, I was like, Okay, I've had this behavior with a man before, and if this weren't a show, this is alarming behavior to show up where I am and I'm telling you not that I don't want anything to do with you, and you continue. You know, of course we hear her thoughts, so we know like I couldn't I had to sleep with him, and she says, like me or whatever. In real life, no, the experiences where it's like, okay, this this is a toxic man. He just told me he was leaving his wife, then told me he wasn't leaving his wife, then showing up to where I am.
Speaker 2: It's the high eyes and yeah, I'm not in the grand gestures. Ick.
Speaker 1: Ick. It's hard for me to feel anything but ick, though I do feel. I feel that Sarah Jessica, and this is like her strength one for many many strengths really as an actress, Like things are so real, you know, they seem so real and so deep, so like as much as I mean, you know, there's part of me. I obviously know what's gonna happen, right, and I know they're gonna go kissing that elevator, But I'm just like, oh, like, I don't like him.
Speaker 2: I know, what are you still liking?
Speaker 1: I mean, they have the chemistry, but she also has the chemistry they and you don't. I'm saying she's just so good. Though she's so good, and you do feel I do intellectually understand the forbidden. You know, I get the forbidden, but when he's being an ass, I'm like boo on the forbidden. The forbidden doesn't trump that he's a jerk, right, you know.
Speaker 3: But what I've learned throughout time is even with friends, I'm like, my heart isn't involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't tell you what. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No. Of course, as an outsider this behavior, I think you should run.
Speaker 2: I think it's a world of heartache, right, But you're going to do what you want, right, It's true. And the other thing is the unfinished business.
Speaker 1: The unfinished business to me makes sense and not saying that it's right, because like you're only torturing yourself by continuing down the road of the unfinished business that we know is a drama, right, Like there's no evidence with big of any kind that it's not going to be a drama. Right, So, like she's just willingly subjecting herself to a drama. But if we do go and say okay, we can look at the aid in relationship and realize that he doesn't really get at her. He's not really completely seeing her. She's not giving herself. But also he's not completely seeing even a basic that she works from home. When he said, I'm gonna redo your floors, let me do this for you a nice lady, what does he say, Like a lovely lady deserves a lovely home or something weird like kind of traditional journey bean And then you know he's taken her whole house apart, and she's like, I can't work like this, Like how come he doesn't get that?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm trying to say, Let me do this.
Speaker 3: I'll put you up at a hotel because you're gonna I'm it's gonna be messy and noisy, right, But also we're talking about the guy who like takes her to cabins and things like he doesn't get her at all.
Speaker 1: Right, And that to me makes sense in why you would be going back to the person who I think she felt he got her right even though he was withholding, right, like you can feel someone gets you, but then they have their reasons that they're withholding that those two things can coexist.
Speaker 2: I think so too, right. So I think that's what it is.
Speaker 1: I think that's what makes sense about it when you're watching it, other than the fact that you know she hasn't finished. You know she's still attached, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And sometimes you can't explain the attachment to.
Speaker 2: Something exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: That's something that is just you can't be described, right, And everyone around you is like, make it makes sense, and you're like, I cannot make it make sense. You have to like live inside of my body, right understanding that's.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true, and that that's a really really really important thing to remember because you can't ever fully give advice without remembering that there is a whole experience there, a whole lifetime leading up to it for both people, right, and a connection that you're not present for every moment of you know, you don't really know what goes on. It's interesting, it's interesting. Relationships are super fascinating, which is why the show is good.
Speaker 2: You know, they they.
Speaker 1: Write the difficulties of all of it. But let's talk about Stephen Miranda for a second, because y'sah also super fascinating relationship that's at a very different place, but also like so kind of heartbreaking, right because like.
Speaker 3: Although one that one always devastated me. Well, because I just had and I find see very sexy. He's so he's sexy.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: I'm still shocked every time I'm looking back. Never did I understand this at the time. Didn't understand this at the time. I was like, why do they have her with him for so long? I know, I'm sorry everyone who loves Steve, I love him too now, I just didn't fully.
Speaker 2: Appreciate him at the time.
Speaker 1: Right, And Eigenberg is such a good, good actor, Like they are so great together. You know, they're so different, but yet so also connected and emotionally kind of like there's so many layers going on, and I felt so bad for her, like she's having to kind of be the mom again. And he's sleeping on the couch and you know, she's got her cat and he's got his dog.
Speaker 2: And then he.
Speaker 1: Can't find an apartment and she has to go to him to that horrible, horrible apartment, which is no, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: It's horrible, but he said.
Speaker 3: It's not that bad, right right right right the doorway to help.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And she's so right. And it's like green, which is also weirdful.
Speaker 3: Like it's really bad.
Speaker 1: And any any basement apartment is rough in New York, I feel because you are so you feel like you're on the street right, like you could hear everyone outside, do you know what I mean? Yeah, And like people might decide to live on your stoop, you know what I'm saying. Like it's like it's stressful, man, it's stressful to have and he even the first floor apartment is stressful in my opinion. Obviously I'm very spilled, but but you know, like like like that's that's one of my issues with New York is the noise. You know, like because you're trying to rest, you're trying to get a little rest, you know, and one time I did live I can't remember. I feel like it was at the beginning of the show. I did live in a first floor apartment. It was kind of in the back, so there was some relief from the streetness of it all. But like you really are, so you're like barely removed from the streets, do you know what I'm saying? Like just one step, like they can't see you, there's a door, but I mean they're right there.
Speaker 2: Oh it's stressful. It sounds awful.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I mean New York is great in so many ways, but it's just takes a toll, you know, it's like challenging. And the fact that I mean Steve is so you know, he seems obviously he's gonna roll with it. He's like he's like a kid, you know. It's interesting, really interesting.
Speaker 3: He's very refreshing to me.
Speaker 2: He is refreshing, And I think he's good.
Speaker 3: For Miranda because I relate to Miranda's her being so high strung because that's me, okay, And like when the dog is barking at the door and it's four in the morning, Oh, and she wants to rip his head off because it's like, are you and that feeling of oh, I can't get mad at him because he's sleeping through this, Like he's off with that girl that.
Speaker 1: I know, and that that also is so painful that he just moves on so easily. That's the man for you, I know, I know I don't like that. And also I feel bad for her. I mean, obviously we know more is gonna happen, a lot more is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But like when he leaves, it is it's sad. I feel sad, you know, I felt sad. Well, it is sad, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because I think he embraced all of her her quirkiness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was okay, like he never I mean he's sad with like he wants to adopt that puppy, he wants to have a baby, and then he's said that she doesn't want a baby, and then he wants to adupt the puppy and then he's like.
Speaker 2: Come on, you know, and she does it.
Speaker 1: But like, on the other hand, he's very in love with her, you know, which is nice. It's so nice, and it kind of disarms her, which is nice to see Miranda be disarmed, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then she gets that she gets that thing back up like quickly, really quickly.
Speaker 3: It happens very very quickly. And I but I love her because she I love a woman who sees things for what they are and names it, calls it out, is very vocal that that's who she is. But she's also a lawyer. And Steve's actually a really good guy.
Speaker 2: Oh he's a great guy. This is why she attracted a really good guy.
Speaker 1: Definitely, definitely, which is hopeful. It's very hopeful. Like I think that's why it's sad too, because that there's so much hope there.
Speaker 2: But obviously we know that they're going.
Speaker 1: To continue in many different ways. You haven't seen everything that happens, I don't think, but you know, many things happen many it's hard to keep up with.
Speaker 2: It's true. It's up and down.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I don't remember all of it either because it's a lot. It's a lot we really pack it in. But it's believable. It's believable, you know what I'm saying. Like, it's not like a soap opera. Yeah, you're like, well that doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: No, no one's turning into the devil and thank.
Speaker 2: God, oh god, obviously. Wow, thank god, that's The Days of Our Lives. My mom made me watch it.
Speaker 3: It was a snowy day in December, and it traumatized me. Gosh, okay, I remember vividly watching Days of Our Lives with that happening, So no.
Speaker 2: I s don't remember that. Wow like that.
Speaker 1: Now, we haven't really talked that much about Charlotte because one of the things we haven't talked about is Bunny Trey's mom, Francis.
Speaker 2: Sternhagen rest in peace. An incredible actress, an incredible person.
Speaker 1: She's just so good. She's so good, Oh my god, she's just so good. And she's very not like this character.
Speaker 2: She really Yeah, she lived in Connecticut, she had land.
Speaker 1: She's been working forever, you know, on Broadway, all different things. She would come in and her broken stock and her like gardening hat basically like dirty from the garden and get made into Bunny, you know. And then she was just a sweetheart, just so sweet, but also like not precious about anything, just like fun, you know, really really fun.
Speaker 2: And they're so good together, Kyle and she, Trey and Bunny.
Speaker 1: I know, I mean, it is kind of like we've just started with that relationship, right, So Charlotte's definitely taking it in and trying to learn from her and obviously wants her approval and everything. We don't really know how weird things you're going to get at this point, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's weird. Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: But the thing that I love too is that And we'll see when we actually get to those episodes.
Speaker 2: But like, it's the vibe is weird.
Speaker 1: Nothing horrible happens except when she's sitting next to him in the bathtub.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: But it's like still got the veneer of like, oh they're just you know, close quirky, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's not too weird.
Speaker 2: No, but the vibe is weird.
Speaker 3: But even because and I don't know if this is how it was supposed to play, But when you guys are at lunch, the first time Bunny puts her arm on.
Speaker 2: Tray, you clock it with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as it feels weird, it's strange.
Speaker 2: Oh, but then is learning.
Speaker 3: But then the second time it happens, your face shows me that you're like, oh, I just learned a little bit of a manipulation tactic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, because we've never really seen Charlotte try to manipulate anything at this point.
Speaker 2: But you're getting the ring come down. Definitely. That's right.
Speaker 1: I've had the books, I've had this, I've had that, I've you know, tried to hang out with my married friends whatever. I've tried to do all these different things, and I'm like, well, okay, I'm going to try to figure it. Dude out by his mom. Just interesting. He knows him best, Yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: And the thing that I thought about also.
Speaker 1: Because I've never I had never talked to Kyle about any of this until he came on, because back then I just was never asking anybody.
Speaker 2: Like what do you think you or whatever? I don't know, you know, just in it.
Speaker 1: We're in it, right, Yeah, he is, you know, because he is Kyle McGlaughlin the actor. And obviously i'd watched him on Twin Peaks. I don't know you were you were really young, but I mean, you know, incredible character, incredible actor, but always kind of covered. He has like a cover to his to his face, to his way that he is, you know. And he thought when they first called him for Trey that he was going to get to play like a normal guy, like a regular surgeon, you know, preppy, normal guy. And then they told him like, oh yeah, and you have, you know, some sexual dysfunction and you're very close with your mom. And he was like, darn it. But what I think he brings, which is so interesting, is you aren't quite sure, Like when he starts saying alrighty all the time, You're like, but what does he really want?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It's interesting and I don't know what I'm gonna think is I keep watching like what what does he really want? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know for sure. You know, yeah, did you think.
Speaker 3: That it's almost like he goes into a trance anytime someone touches his arm that way? Yeah, because you're like, why don't you have the tomato with Basil at sair?
Speaker 2: And he was like alrighty right.
Speaker 3: And then when it appears, he acts like it's the most gorgeous thing, right, So it's like a piece of art, right, You're I don't I think men who have mothers like Bunny, there are moments where you still see that mama's boy where like they sort of need guidance and direction.
Speaker 1: Maybe Yeah, I mean, we're gonna see where it goes, right, like cause I don't, I don't, I don't know because also for me when I'm rewatching it, like because I was with Kyle in life right acting, right, Yeah, it's so hard to separate, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, because you're with the person eighteen hours a day doing the stuff, you know, and you spend more time not between action and cut that's like the small amount of time, right, and the writing is so good that the writing, you know, carries you through that part, right, and you're just trying to be connected to the person, which was super easy to be connected to Kyle because he's just a dream like an always like as an actor, as a person you know, in Always, he's a super sweetheart, like so easy, incredibly easy to work with and fun you know, like doesn't take it.
Speaker 2: Too seriously but is totally professional.
Speaker 1: Like interesting combinations that you don't always get, you know, Like, yeah, sometimes actors are I.
Speaker 2: Don't know who I should name or not name, but.
Speaker 1: Certain actors in the show, not my actors, but other actors big personalities, right where like you're trying to kind of get them to do what is written, do what I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To say they want to go off script, and that's.
Speaker 1: Not really allowed here right in our world, you can't go off script, right, But like, their personalities are just so huge and charismatic, incredibly charismatic and big personalities, and then you're trying to get them to just do what you wrote, you know, but they're bringing all that with him, which is what makes.
Speaker 2: It so great.
Speaker 1: But also you kind of have to manage it a little bit, you know. Kyle no managing. He's just in the groove. He knows what he's doing, you know, he's he might ask questions or whatever, you know what I'm saying, But he's just so professional and great. That's largely so you can have fun, is what I'm saying. Kind of like it's just fun and easy, so easy. I do also think that was really the first time, oh I forgot I mean on Melrose. I was on Melrose for a year working with Andrew Shoe, who had been a soccer player before he was on Melrose, right, so he wasn't really like an actor actor, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Right, So it was I was always like, you know, let's act, what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, and he was like he was like please, please, don't suggest any blocking, And I was like, why not? What do you mean, Like Kyle's not like that. Cau's like, yeah, what do you want to do, Like let's do that? Yeah, like great, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Let's ask for that. You know, He's just easy. It makes it fun, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Once the fun is gone, what are you doing totally?
Speaker 1: And I mean sometimes sometimes to get good work, you might not have fun, right, so you kind of have to surrender to that as an actor, Like each situation is different, each actors different, each actress is different, right, and so sometimes it might not be fun, but the work might be great, right, And that's okay because the work is what really matters.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like he was he was a well balanced actor. Yeah, he could come and do his job, make it fun, yes, but everyone got to go home on time and it was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, we never went home on time, But it had nothing to do with him. That's not how we roll. Do not know how a home on time. If there's time in the day, we will continue to do angles and takes. And you know, like I said, like when we the first one of the first things I remember about Charles McDougal was we go to Burgdorf and I'm looking at china with Kyle and I'm flipping this plate. He brought a crane into Burgdorf, like up on the upper floor, and he had this shot that he wanted to do where you would actually see the pattern of the china and then I would flip the plate and you would see who made it. That's what I'm saying in the scene thirty six takes. I remember doing thirty six takes.
Speaker 3: Of just flipping the plate. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well he'd flip the plate and then he'd panned back and the scene would start, so that would be the master, you'd call it, and then you just are in the master where you're getting the whole whole scene and then you cut into close ups, right, So it's just a couple seconds really, but he wanted it to be amazing.
Speaker 3: And it was.
Speaker 1: But I mean, thirty six takes sheep, no, no, no, this is when we really started to get the money edible. Yeah, it was incredible, but it was fun because like it's a challenge trying to say because you're having to flip the plate just right, but also be in the scene and be you know, do your lines and be good and whatever, you know what I mean. And also in this scene sorry this episode is when we're walking on the street to Tiffany's. That was also really fun because he was on a long lens, which is what makes it look like a film rather than like a super short lens where they're really close on you. He's on a long lens blocks away, and he would put Kyle and I like five blocks away and he'd say, just walk. And so there's a few extras right close to us, but the rest are.
Speaker 2: Like people in New York City.
Speaker 1: And then he'd just be like, walk and I'd be like, Kyler, do you think we're on our marks?
Speaker 2: Do you think we're in the frame? You'd be like, I don't know. Let's just walk, So you don't even know if you're in the frame, right, Wait.
Speaker 3: So those are people just walking through New York City?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so what they would do if you ended up being in a take that we liked is at the end, they would get you to sign a release. They would say like, oh, you just walked through our scene, could you sign a release? If that's okay, you know what I mean. But then the people closest to us would be extra so that they would keep walking and not just stop or you know what I'm trying to say, yeah, stop the scene.
Speaker 2: But then and then we.
Speaker 1: Walk up to the really cool shot through the window. So he's in Tiffany's filming through the window at us because I think at the time we couldn't film in Tiffany's. They could film at Tiffany's, right, but they didn't want us to come in and film. And that reminds me of I know, you haven't seen the end of Just like that, we Sarah Jesskin I go in Tiffany's, but we had to go in really early before it opened, and we had to be out at a certain time, so we were rushed, like so rushed, But we did it, and it was magical to be filming inside Tiffany's.
Speaker 2: Obviously it was.
Speaker 1: It was amazing, but back in the day we couldn't afford and or get to be inside, so he had to be creative about framing us in the Tiffany window, which was so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It worked out.
Speaker 3: I love it because and then Carrie's voiceover talks about how that was going to be the story.
Speaker 2: I say, all right, which is so Charlotte and said alrighty, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The alrighty really takes.
Speaker 3: That was like, oh my gosh, who says right? Was now going to be your.
Speaker 1: Respect totally, which I think is great. But obviously they don't last, so I don't get to tell that story.
Speaker 2: But that's okay.
Speaker 3: And then you go into another relationship where it's like, this is not how the story is supposed to go in my head.
Speaker 2: I know, but it works out. It does work out.
Speaker 1: It's all about having to roll with it. Yeah, yeah, which is super important. All right, Wait, very important question that I sometimes forget, but I think we already know some of the answer. So you've already said that you you love Miranda and you you recognize Miranda and yourself.
Speaker 3: At this stage of my life, I would say I'm mostly a Miranda, mostly a Miranda.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is there any Charlotte and La Lacan? I feel.
Speaker 3: Not right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's cool, there's always a lit I.
Speaker 3: Just totally just lied to you, okay, though, the being in my head and how I picture things going okay, and that will never leave right right, That's just who I am by nature. Right right, Like, no, the wind wasn't supposed to blow this hard today. Oh no, that's my old day's thrown off.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's funny. But sometimes I think that that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I think that quality can really serve you well in life in that like you're trying to create, Like it's a creative force, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I never tried to deny that part of myself. That's good because obviously looking at the way my life has been and that piece of me has been with me since I was a child. And I think my daughter Sosa, who's fifteen months now, has that same Oh great, yay, And I'm like, you know what, I find it to be something that served me, So why I need to I don't need to try and fix this and alter it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: So you have your untraditionally l LA podcast and so that's on right now.
Speaker 3: That airs every Wednesday, and a bonus episode comes out on Mondays.
Speaker 2: Cool and then Hare the second podcast is coming. Yes.
Speaker 3: So I started upon with my friend Amber Childers. It's called an unlikely affair and although there's there's nuance to our relationship, but I won't bore you with that long story she was the wife and I was the mystress incredible, and I still stand by. I did not know, and maybe had I been sober at that point in time, I would have not painted red flags. Green doesn't matter what it is.
Speaker 2: So this person didn't tell you I'm married. He this person said we are separating. I got it. This happens so much.
Speaker 3: And I actually found out that after I had left him, I got a text message of a screen shot and it was between Amber and someone she was dating at the time, and it said from Amber, I am no longer going to be able to see you because I've decided to give my marriage another shot. And that way, and so I learned, like, oh oh, I was very much in the dark about a lot of things. So anyway, after I had ended my relationship with the person we had in common, I called her and made an amends and we've just gotten so close and so nice. The timing is perfect, and she's really helped me through a lot of rough times that she's been through, and I offer her support when she needs me, and it's just amazing and untraditional relationship so much.
Speaker 2: It'll be a lot of fun. Great.
Speaker 1: I love to hear about women coming together. And I do think so many people have been through situations where they're not told the whole truth, and then people tend to blame the women, which I think is unfair because how do we how how do we know? We can't see through everything. We don't know when people are manipulating on both sides.
Speaker 2: No, you don't know.
Speaker 3: And it's really it's just such an uncommon bond. You hear about people you know, going their separate ways, getting remarried and all is good and they're like one big.
Speaker 2: Happy family.
Speaker 3: It is very rare that someone is the wife and the mistress and those two end up. No said the other day, she was like, I feel like you should have just had an affair with me. I was like, yeah, I feel the same way. You're much better looking.
Speaker 2: That's so nice, that's so so nice. And so what is going to be the topic, Like, what are you guys going to talk about?
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about co parenting, We're going to talk about dating at this age, sex, what that looks like at our age. Her kids are older than mine, but again they share a dad, and just parenting tips and what our kids have in common, what it's like to raise kids in the social media world and like nothing is going to be off limits.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I know that so many podcasts are like, we're unfiltered and unapologetic, but this is very much a podcast where it's raw and I'm just so excited. It's spicy and sexy and and the dynamic is very different than most podcasts out there.
Speaker 1: Cool, very nice. I can't wait. I can't wait to listen. I'm super curious. Yay, thank you, You're welcome. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us, thank you for having me. You're super interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, but I have the best time with you.
Speaker 2: Are you are You're very very interesting.