Speaker 1: My god, we're in four k. It's one more Thing.
Speaker 2: I'm rare Michelangelo story for the One More Thing podcast. Before we get to that though, and I realize this is distasteful and people are going to groan.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I didn't do it on the show. I did on the podcast, but I was just in the restroom. There's somebody in there that needs to be rushed to the hospital. Oh okay, I mean an ambulance should take them.
Speaker 4: What did you eat a dead raccoon?
Speaker 2: What is going on with you?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: I almost wanted to say over the little transom thing or whatever. Hey, sir, you are right dial n good Lord. In case you don't know, this ain't right. This ain't normal. I've been around a long time. I've been in a lot of situations. This is not normal.
Speaker 4: Just stick your head and say that you're roll intoday. Ah, here's a question for you. If I pass on my comment, will we just move on?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I will pass.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what do your four K comment? Michael Angelo? What was that all about?
Speaker 1: I had a cataract surgery last week on my right eye.
Speaker 2: And could you explain what that is? Because I had I heard people talk about cataracts my life. I'd hear it through my hola. I had no idea what it was.
Speaker 1: It's basically a large gray cloud that clouds your vision, but you don't realize it until it's removed. And so I've been seeing all of you like in standard definition. Basically is the way I would describe it. Very I didn't realize I had a film over my eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I have this in common because I got lens replacement surgery in mine was to improve my eyesight, but I also had cataracts and didn't know what and they described it to me to actually show pictures. It's like putting a drop of milk on your lens. It just kind of makes it milky, and like it happens little by little.
Speaker 5: Over your life.
Speaker 2: You don't notice it. But it's why I was always saying, God, I can't see anything. Could somebody flip on a light and my kids would be like, Dad, it's plenty bright in here, because it makes everything right. That's why I never wore sunglasses. I just never ever wore sunglasses. Now I can't hardly step out of the building without Ah, it's so bright. I never wore sunglasses. I didn't need him. I had built in sunglasses and you're probably having the same experience. Yeah, it's just the colors are so vivid. It's like a whole new world.
Speaker 1: I've only got one eye done, so I'm gonna get the other one done, and it's just, you know, it's unbelievable how I'm seeing people, how I'm seeing it's like just mind blowing.
Speaker 4: Well that's great, it's fabulous, and I've heard that it's just remarkably safe, effective and non horrible these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the prepping is what takes a long time. The operation was like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: It's funny they shaved him for some reason.
Speaker 3: I've was wondering about that.
Speaker 2: That's actually what the doctor told me when I got lends. Replacement is like going from uh from HD to four K and that is very similar. When I was at Arrowhead Stadium for the Chiefs game, I really noticed with my eyes because my new lenses, just looking at the stadium in the bright red and all the colors that I just wasn't seeing. So yeah, it's pretty cool. Good for you can should you flat out see better? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, this, like I said, this is just one eye. The other it's weird because if I look out my right eye, it's h you know, it's like four K or whatever. But if I close it, then everything's like, you know, Gray, we.
Speaker 4: Ought to talk about this on the air at some point. I have a friend who is he's got a lung infection deal going on and it's really really hard to clear up, and it's life threatening, and so he's on these incredibly powerful drugs that have now started to rob him of his vision. And so he's got this unholy, you know, decision to make, and you know, all right, do I keep going with these drugs? And it's terrible and serious. But he's a physician. And the one thing he said that was so interesting, he's and he named several lung conditions his and then there's the San Joaquin Valley something or other that I remember like a decade ago, that's not far from where the radio ranch is. It was a very very rare lung condition that you'd get in certain farm work and that sort of thing. And he said that one, that one, and another one that you never saw or you'd see once every six months. He said, we're seeing him every single month now, and he thinks it has a lot to do with what COVID nineteen did to people's immune systems. And he also thinks that rings quite tunefully, quite in tune with the idea that, yeah, those spike proteins in the design of the thing are not of God, they are of man, and they were designed to be extravrulent and nasty, which is a hell of a deal. So coming to a hospital near you.
Speaker 2: I think whenever I heard about cataracts, always thought about it being really really old people. You're not a really what are you seventy two?
Speaker 1: I'll be fifty in April. But that's what they told me, is they said, you know, you're healing really well because you're so young.
Speaker 2: But how long have your your eyes probably been this way? Did they say that?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking that I haven't seen this way in like twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so well, And so people who get cataracts in like their twenties certainly thirties and forties. So that's I mean, that's one thing we got to start looking at, is it happens a lot earlier than you think. It's not just for grandma and grandpa. You know.
Speaker 1: I did want to play a prank though, when I was there, I wanted to come out. My wife, you know, she had to guide me around. She wouldn't let me do it. But I had dark sunglasses on, and so she's leading me through the waiting room and it's packed full of people. I told her, I said, oh, on so badly to have a white cane and say, I told you we shouldn't have come.
Speaker 5: Here and just walk out the door. That's the waiting room. Just clear out, wait until they do your other eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was twenty thirty when I came here.
Speaker 1: And the other thing was they make you spill out all these medical forms and they you know, they have to put you under I mean as far as giving you anesthesia and stuff. And they asked, is there somebody that you don't want to know that you're under anesthesia? Which is kind of funny, and so you know, like some people mention a family member or whatever. I thought, you know what, how funny it would be if I put Bill Cosby down.
Speaker 4: Oh the comedy stylings of Mike Langelo, Well that you don't want to know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've never heard that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my arch enemy. Please don't tell them, that's weird.
Speaker 5: Don't tell Devin, who'some the lighter side of eye surgery.
Speaker 2: Thank you very Michael Ian. I'm glad you can see that.
Speaker 1: I am too.
Speaker 2: So another topic that came up during the radio show. We had never heard this term before. Katie brought us the.
Speaker 3: Yeah feeders. Before I do that, I have to ask you a favor. Don't describe anything as milky ever. Again, that sent me a weird I got a weird chill. I don't know you said said something about.
Speaker 2: It, now that you mention it, so milk.
Speaker 4: Some people it's moist.
Speaker 3: No, that's on the list too, But for some I and I've never had this issue before. I don't know that it's ever come to my attention. But when you said it right there, I went, oh God.
Speaker 2: There are gross words. That's a gross word. Yeah, milky, milky Other than milky. You don't want anything milk, anything milky? Now anyway, what's a feeder?
Speaker 5: So the backstory on this.
Speaker 3: Somehow my Instagram algorithm decided that I needed to know about this and what what a feederism is. It's a fetish where you have a couple and one of them feeds the other and encourages their weight gain and and this is this is a big they're they're saying it's an underground fetish.
Speaker 5: It's not. There's nothing underground about it. It's everywhere now.
Speaker 3: But these women in particular are getting up into the five hundred and six hundred pound range.
Speaker 2: And their boyfriend or husband or whatever is feeding them to encourage them.
Speaker 3: Well, there's that element of it. Or they're feeding themselves because they're online audience. Because they film themselves gorging on any fast food. You can imagine the online the comments are, oh, you look great, keep eating.
Speaker 2: It's sick, it's you know, gross, you know what's interesting. So this is like an extreme example to help prove a point for the other stuff. This would explain why some people go down the road they go politically or whatever. If you start getting likes and encouragement from people. I mean cause, if you're going to eat yourself into five hundred pounds and you know, on early death and being miserable all the time, you certainly would be willing to, you know, encourage certain aspects of your politics because you're getting likes or encouragement and popular. It's just like being one of the popular kids. That's maybe that's what's driving all our problems in America. People are more susceptible to likes and encouragement online than we even realized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think if you're hoping for likes and encouragement from your family, your friends, the people who live with you in your town, the people you see at church or associate with and whatever, that is going to guide you in a certain direction. But if you just venture onto the internet and see what you can get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it was the other interesting thing.
Speaker 3: I hopped over to TikTok to look because everybody, if you, if you look at their what's called a link tree, now they've got Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and it's all of their platforms. Right, Yeah, it's because all of everybody's got a profile on everything. Now. Sure, So I went from this particular feeders whose page popped up on my Instagram and I wo jumped over to TikTok. Now on TikTok, the encouragement is through the roof. On Instagram, there was a lot of hate like this is unhealthy, you shouldn't be promoting obesity, you shouldn't be doing this, that and the other.
Speaker 5: But if you go over to TikTok, it was your beautiful keep it up. Wow, Oh my gosh, I'd love to feed you.
Speaker 2: So the Chinese Communist Party algorithm includes if this is bad for people in America, encourage it. Yeah, I'll bet that's what it is.
Speaker 4: It would be as simple as that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If your husband is feeding you like with a fork, encouraging you to be five hundred pounds, he's trying to kill you. Yes, that's what he's doing.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: Oh, but they're making money, They're making money because of it.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is an interesting insight into the power of peer pressure. I guess you'd call it, or I don't even know what you call it, neediness wanting to belong part of Maslow's hierarchy, needs the need to belong. But wow, that takes it to an extreme.
Speaker 3: Lef Yeah, and it definitely falls into the mental health thing too, because if you watch some of these videos, it's just there's something wrong.
Speaker 5: You know, Yeah, clearly big time.
Speaker 2: I was reading something over the weekend I was planning to get on the air about social contagions, how they are a real thing and giving examples through the years, and they were they were using currently the whole trans thing. It's a social contagion, and it's just it's like a man calling trans a disease is going to get me into trouble, But a contagion is a contagent, and it just spreads that way. And they use the example through the years of anorexia and school shootings and a variety of things. They just catch on and one of the feeder thing is just a social contagion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is not. It's not a good Wow. I don't and I don't know why.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, I just went to my Explore page and it was like nineteen of these videos.
Speaker 4: Why can't I did somebody prank you that? Dear?
Speaker 5: I don't, I don't. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Why can't I fall prey to the social contagion of like eating well and exercising regularly and getting plenty of sleep. I don't want to do it, but all the cool people are doing it, and I just can't stop. Why doesn't that happen to me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm reminded of a discussion on the show about a certain political subculture, and you know, I pointed out if a tenth of a percent, a tenth of one percent of people are into it, that's three hundred and forty thousand on the internet constantly tweeting about how it's clearly true and a great idea and blah blah blah. That's a lot of mass since we all take in, you know, every single corner of the world is our inputs, which is incredibly unhealthy. In my opinion, I.
Speaker 2: Think a thousand people would look alike a lot in an online feed on Instagram or something like that. It would seem like everybody's doing it. It could be a thousand people. Weird man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like modernity. I want to go back.
Speaker 1: It's nice to see you guys. Y'all look good.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it.