Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Trender is a construct. Mm hmm, something you can't you can't say anymore in America.
Speaker 2: And not if you work for the White House. No better not you better.
Speaker 3: Not better not. We got a list of banned words. Baby yeah, it is broad and is shameless. So the New York Times put out this analysis earlier this week, or maybe it was like at the end of last week. That was just sort of combing through all these like websites and public facing documents that the administration has like changed or edited and they found like what they were taking out and from there they're like, okay, so this these are words that basically all these agencies are being told to limit or avoid using. And it's shit, like I'm not joking the word black, like they're talking about black B. I think what they're saying is like, if you want refer to black people, do not capitalize it. This has to be a lowercase B. These are the words. This is I'm just I'm gonna give you a I'm skimming through. This isn't even the whole sentence with the word black. By the way, that's true. Accessible activism, activists, advocacy advocate affirming care, all inclusive, allyship, anti racist, anti racism, at risk barriers, belong bias, yeah, biases, biologically female, biologically male, bipoc, black, breastfeed plus people or breastfeed plus person. So no, it can't be neutral. Language are clean energy? Climate crisis energy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that like supposed to be the whole thing that like we're going to figure out clean energy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, just get rid of it. Cultural science, No way, you can't take climate science confirmation bias, culturally appropriate DEI disabilities, disability, discriminated discrimination, discriminatory disparity, diverse diversity, diversify, enhancing diversity, equality, equity, ethnicity, exclusion, expression, female female A right, dude, I'm going.
Speaker 1: For I'm going already found out that Trump listens to this podcast.
Speaker 3: We're shedding all the sponsors gender, gender based violence, gender ideology, gulf of gender. You can't even say gulf of wow, hate the speech.
Speaker 1: Historical identity, Yeah, you can't even say identity, not even immigrants.
Speaker 3: But how are you gonna what do you that's your favorite fucking buzzword right now? Implicit biases inclusion inclusive, lgbt, LGBTQ, marginalized, uh fucking a Native American, non binary, oppression, oppressive pollution, political, pregnant people, pregnant person prejudice, race pronouns, race and ethnicity, racial diversity, segregation, sex, sexual preferences, sexuality, social justice, status, stereotype, systemic, systemically, they them trans transgender, transsexual trauma, traumatic fucking victim is on there, victim, you ken of that. We just don't acknowledge that there's any such vulnerable popular I think this is such a telling just of what the what like the aims are because we know empathy is a huge thing that they are trying to whittle away at, likecity and have empathy. So of course if you get rid of words like victims and you disappear that as a concept from things that when people go to government agencies or whatever, it is like unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It's just this is what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, women is a bandword women and yeah yeah, in this administration, in this household, being the white household, we only refer we only refer to them as.
Speaker 3: Ladies, ladies, girls, girlies, brods, you know what I mean, girlies. I'm surprised they didn't have they took female off, because that's like every fuck boy's favorite word to use to refer to fucking females.
Speaker 1: So yeah, female is off, but can't even call them females.
Speaker 2: Because it has to be men or man or woman.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this is you know, just another just a glimpse into like all of the real work that's happening in this fucking regime is just to get rid of these words. Women is not is off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't talk, you can't have the word black historically also seems very like mask off, Like it's like having the authoritarian government banned the word historically. Yeah, is like they're not even doing like the double speak from nineteen eighty four. They're just like, nah, I don't want you to talk about history.
Speaker 4: History. We don't fucking get people.
Speaker 3: Context. I'm surprised context isn't even on here. That's a huge enemy of Uh. Can't say the words sex. Don't say sex. That's wow, that's pretty pretty good. It feels like very much like like whatever project twenty twenty five person got this, like was on this project.
Speaker 4: We're like, yes, get rid of them, all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a I would say a bad look. I would say not not.
Speaker 1: Not a not a good look for them at a time when they're having a lot of bad a lot of bad looks.
Speaker 4: Well, they don't, they don't care.
Speaker 1: This is the first eighties getting dressed montage. Because I'm seeing a lot of bad luck.
Speaker 3: You're the friend who's watching all the outfits come out going mmm, nope, nope, doing the finger one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, all right, we got it. We got the Democrats here to save us, though they're facing a government shutdown, and you know, I feel I feel like they're.
Speaker 3: Going to do the right thing and not support Oh my god.
Speaker 4: We don't.
Speaker 3: So as it stands, right, the Senate has yet to vote on the continuing Resolution that would fund the government through the end of September. This is the same This is the bill that puts simply the Republicans need support from Democrats to pass this bill that Trump has publicly stated he isn't fucking beholden to actually abiding by any of those spending totals. So for the people who are like, well, it's going to help fund the government, this guy's saying right now, he's like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Need to actually follow through on whatever this is.
Speaker 3: I just need you to keep the government going so I can go all full steam ahead on doing perma tax cuts forever and gutting shit like Medicare and Medicaid. So right now, there are a few options on the table. One that the Democrats is like, which is the most Democrat thing they wanted it could do, is they'll they'll vote to support cloture, which basically means that they'll bring the bill to the floor.
Speaker 2: So then they'll be like, well, at.
Speaker 3: Least if we vote for cloture, we can then debate the bill and we can put amendments up, and then the Senate, the Republicans in the Senate will be on record voting no to all these great amendments that we the Democrats, proposed to say, we're trying to make this bill look more sane.
Speaker 4: And less fucked up.
Speaker 2: Again, they'll just.
Speaker 3: Laugh your ass out because they have the majority. So all that's gonna do is just be pretend fucking performative resistance. The other fucking option on the table is to not give them the votes and let the government shut down. I think anything again the other shit this isn't gonna help. So right now, there's a lot of efforts. If you're listening and you care to call your senator and tell them you better fucking vote no, are you fucking for real? Like, what do you what do you fucking think is going on? Because there are two things that the Democrats can do. I like, the options really fall very neatly into two fucking buckets. It's help Republicans or resist their bullshit, right, and you're gonna have to resist. This is this is where the chips are down, because right now they're stuck between do we appease the Trump camp and be an accessory to their already in progress shutting down of the government, or do we deal with the discomfort of letting Republicans blame us for a shutdown?
Speaker 4: I think you need to choose the latter.
Speaker 3: What if we vote for it, but we have a little uh sign that says not or like don't like it or something like that that we raise, well, we say, yeah I do, I go pee you yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sign would be good?
Speaker 4: Yeah you stinky?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. But again, allowing this bill to go through is not this is this is one hundred percent just opening the door for Trump to continue this fucking rampage that he's currently on.
Speaker 1: At a certain point, you have to be the resistance, you know, be the resistance. You want to see the thing is I totally like their whole thing is you know, John Fetterman, the bravest fucking turd in the Senate's.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm not voting for chaos.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't want to shut the government.
Speaker 3: Down, motherfucker. What do you think they're gonna do? What are you talking about? Just fucking fall back, dude. So again, when you think about the federal workers, the head of the American Federation of Government Employees is basically saying, we are already shut down. This is the statement that came out of the American Federation of Government Employees, with thousands of federal workers either fired, placed on administrative leave, or an immediate risk of losing their jobs. AFG members have concluded that a widespread government shutdown has been underway since January twentieth and will continue to spread whether Senators vote yes or no on HR.
Speaker 4: One nine six. That's the continuing resolution under the.
Speaker 3: Currency, our federal workers are being treated no better than they will be if government funding ceases Friday night. Yes, it is true that workers who have not yet been fired are at least drawing a paycheck for now, but if HR one nine six eight becomes law, AFGE knows that those will dramatically expand its terminations of federal workers and double down on its campaign to make federal agencies fail because there will be nothing left to stop the administration for the balance of fiscal year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: If ever, Yeah, but there it is. On the other hand, Democrats don't like it. They don't. Don't be mad at me.
Speaker 4: You're gonna blame.
Speaker 1: They're gonna say mean things about us. They say mean shit about you anyway fucking day. It does not matter what you do, so you might as well do the right thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they can twist their head into thinking anything else, But I'm voting to help the Republicans that you're not a collaborator, right, That would take like I don't know if people like it would be like freck and people will be like say mean things about us in the newspaper, and I don't want that.
Speaker 4: So oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that makes sense for John Fetterman because he will literally he will contort himself into whatever people pleasing shape he needs to like fuck any kind of ideas.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll see. As of right now.
Speaker 3: A lot of like this is like the huge thing that's happening on Capitol Hill. Enough people trying to pressure the Senate Democrats to be like, dude, bring on the fucking shutdown. But the stake seems so high and so obvious with the choice is that I believe that they will continue their fucking self owned tour where they just can show people they aren't worth your fucking vote ever again.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, So there are reports in Nathan Fielder is visiting Elizabeth Holmes in in prison.
Speaker 3: There's nobody really.
Speaker 1: Knows exactly why it could be any reason, but the people think it's for a documentary that he might be working on, which that's very exciting to me, Like, at a time when scamming is the new national pastime, our greatest fucked up documentarian is visiting our greatest scammer most like weird kind of warped scammer in prison.
Speaker 3: I feel like they could make beautiful, a weird work of art together. Yeah, God, I don't. It's like, it's it's frightening to think about what Nathan Fielder and Elizabeth Holmes conversations would be like, and if he's actually there for the purpose of making something like where this goes. Yeah, just I'd like even I even believe that maybe they're in love and this has nothing to do with anything, Like he's just like he's bowed up with Elizabeth Holmes. That would be that would be a beautiful question.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, so I feel like that is you know, it combines like the things they have in common, weird and ultimately bullshit sales, pitch Okay. He tends to fall for very strange women, you know, in just women, any women.
Speaker 3: He just he exudes a deep, unfakable loneliness and then yeah, they're just both some of the strangest people to ever exist. Uh.
Speaker 1: I love to talk about the time that I saw him at Just for Laughs, like early in the Nathan for You run, and like he just got up on stage and after doing a dead eyed Lana del Rey song while making eye contact with the crowd, he just started looking around the room and then just started pulling people onto stage and he found like the weirdest people in the room, and like they all had some weird thing about them. And that is his gift, on top of a number of things, is to just like be able to cold a room and be like that that person is hiding some weird secret or like they have like some fascinating personality defect and he can like do it just by looking around a.
Speaker 4: Room, so like some fucked up comedy terminator.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, exactly and so yes you and so. I mean this feels like he is using the last ten to fifteen years news cycle as a crowd to pull from, and he's like, I have found my muse. She is really interesting and weird in the way that I feel like, you know, the guy from from the Quiz Show in episode one of the rehearsal was.
Speaker 3: Just right, yeah, just couldn't turn away from Yeah, I've got I mean, she's also friends with like Jen Shaw from Real Housewives of Salt Lake City in prison with Holmes, I don't even know. Yeah, I think what like Nathan Fielder, it's better to like it's always going to be even better than what you think it is, yea. I feel like the most basic thing is like yeah they have I mean, there are reports that he is clearly making something. There is a project involving Elizabeth Holmes and Nathan Fielder is like the one thing we do know what that means? Fucking who knows like and if it even has anything to do with sharahos, I don't even whatever.
Speaker 4: Nathan, just just give.
Speaker 3: Us something, please please, Waiting for the rehearsal season two with bated breath. Yeah that's coming, right, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back. We're back and by and there's a new word on the scene. And I love.
Speaker 1: It, the concept or the new word, just the word. The word is smishing, and for some reason, I just like saying it. I like thinking about it. But it's coming from what one of my least favorite wordsmiths, the FBI.
Speaker 4: Ah damn it, no, I've washed. Then is the talk?
Speaker 1: It's it's FBI talk. Unfortunately, It's just it has such promise. It feels like it could be like a weird sex thing, but in fact it's just scam text messages. It's just a combination of phishing and SMS messages.
Speaker 3: This is I mean, but what it is is like I think all of us have received some form of this text where they tell you that you didn't pay your toll.
Speaker 2: On the road express lane or something, and then.
Speaker 3: Like because you've you've got an outstanding amount or unless before it comes sixty bucks, you better pay and click this link. And then I didn't get that down. Yeam, I got a real one that I helped pay off.
Speaker 2: So you're in good standing with the Delaware Department of Transportation.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank god?
Speaker 4: Okay, good good.
Speaker 3: Guess it was a close one. I just had to put let them hold a shoe box of ten thousand dollars cash. But yeah, like they say that you should, I don't know if you need to delete these. I mean, obviously they're telling people to delete them. I don't know if that's because they're worried that like you'll accidentally click on them, like it's like having a gun in the house, just like get this out of there. It's you don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: But it's first of all, like because I did get I have gotten these texts before and immediately ignored them because they're they're also like kind of poorly executed. Yeah, like they usually have like some weird string of letters. But then I got an actual toll in the because this is like a thing that happens now. They're like instead of toll booths, we just have like a like metal bridge that you like drive under and then your chart. Then we send you a bill in the mail like three weeks later, and it's always too late and you already owe like the fifty dollars or whatever, which is very frustrating because you.
Speaker 4: Wanted to say, forty five minutes driving to San Diego.
Speaker 3: Oh fucking San Diego.
Speaker 4: And that's the more where they get you.
Speaker 3: It is, that's exactly where it got me.
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then and then they're like, but you can take this private. You just got to sign up for like toll roads ahead of time with a spelled with a Z. For some reason. Is that safe?
Speaker 4: Are playing there asleep on the road?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean it is like a shitty government scam. That is like making it possible for them to just be like, oh, we'll just blend right in there like that gives us, That gives a nice little cover, this a little lead blocker there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they should, if they were smart, they should do ones pretending to be the Democrats begging for money. Oh, you can probably get way more people if you're like, we're gonna stop Trump right now, I need if you know what we mean? Yeah? Right?
Speaker 1: What a lot of those tweets about when somebody does it. Lately, I've been monesting like people talking about when somebody finally does it. They're going to be mentioned in so many rap songs. Oh and we don't know what they're referring to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Have you gotten the text that says, hey, like, hey, Linda, when are we playing golf?
Speaker 1: No, I get a lot of stuff. I'm sure I've gotten that at some point. I've got I've gotten invited to so many meals it makes me feel great and like beloved, you know, you get that kind of smission, like lunches and yeah, oh my god, it's been so long, like, hey, I'm actually in town, like they I feel like they've gotten a little bit better. But the toll road one is kind of the most ingenious because they happened on a thing that it like that is a real thing that people are suddenly having to deal with, which is like in the mail, toll shit just coming to you too late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've gotten three Linda, when are we going to play golf?
Speaker 4: Texts in the last two months.
Speaker 3: It's weird that they specifically put incorrect name in it, but there must be some research that is like people will respond and say Hey, you've got the wrong number, and like then they're hooked.
Speaker 1: Right, Hey, I'm my name's not actually Linda. What's your name? I'm so lonely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: We got some people who lost their job due to the federal you know, cutting of many federal jobs, those cuts.
Speaker 3: But judge did actually just tell six agencies to rehire those people pronto asap, which seems like they might have to, but it's it's still going back.
Speaker 4: And forth and back and forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but yeah, that whole thing of like people, it's weird. You see content where they're like both left and right, where there are people on the left who are like, oh yeah, doud fuck around and find out you voted for Trump. Ha ha, you have no job in a country that treats the people without jobs tear yeah, And then on the.
Speaker 5: Right they're like, yeah, take that woke park range ranger, woke forest service person, because it is weird that you know, being against like your own family members, being against the national parks and being four forest fires.
Speaker 1: Those are things that like don't that famously have high and low approval ratings respectively. Right, it is weird that they're, you know, people are jumping on the bandwagon, jumping on the pro forest fire, anti family member having a job.
Speaker 3: These people would vote for their own fucking heads to be on fire. Yea if like it just came out of like the narrative of what Mago world is considering a win.
Speaker 1: Feels bad, feels bad. Well, at least they're all heavily armed. And finally seven Up is dropping a refreshing new flavor on us, that is strawberry and watermelon. I feel like watermelon rarely like artificial watermelon flavor rarely works and arts strawberry, dude.
Speaker 2: The chemical ass watermelon flavor.
Speaker 3: It tastes like cleaning. Yeah, like are jolly ranchers? Yes, exactly, yes.
Speaker 1: The watermelon Jolly Ranchers is like wait, you think watermelon tastes like fucking aerosol spray and gasoline?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, it sounds like a fucking tastes like an oil rag with some.
Speaker 4: Spritzes of like fabreeze.
Speaker 2: Right, not, that's not it.
Speaker 3: And like strawberry famously one of the best fake flavors that doesn't exist, right, Just.
Speaker 1: Stick with that, bro, Yeah, just strawberry soda. Divisive, This is good divisive.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not a fan of this.
Speaker 1: I feel like they haven't like the like the strawberry sodas I've had it just like two. It's just like such dull sweetness.
Speaker 3: I feel like, if you like just get a little whiff of like the strawberry, like actual like kind of strawberry with the with the dull sweetness, I feel like it could work really well. Just a hint of citrus, give me a little lemonade vibe in that strawberry soda, and that's getting give you that part to mention you're missing from just that bland sweetness of like a like a you know, strawberry sunkiss or whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lemon is always an underrated, like let the lemon in blueberry pie, an underrated element that really brings.
Speaker 3: It people realize it's about balance, you know, all about that balance. My mom one of my favorite desserts. My mom's great at desserts and she makes us one. In addition, she's very famous chocolate chip cookies, real cakey soft. She also makes this one called Strawberries Jessica, and it's.
Speaker 4: Strawberry girlfriend's named Jessica.
Speaker 1: There you go, and it's strawberries in this like sweet, really sweet, like white cream sauce. But it the hint or the secret is there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of lemon juice in there in the sweet sauce really really makes the berries sing. Anyway, find seven up.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm just where is Damn? I can't even. Yo, this is like I just searched for strawberries Jessica.
Speaker 4: I can't even She.
Speaker 1: Actually had to kill a woman to get that recipe and have it not exist on the internet sit and.
Speaker 3: Her lives on as Jessica. That's that's all we will say. We won't say her last name. But I found it there.
Speaker 2: It is the way I found it.
Speaker 3: If someone just took a photo of a printed paper with it on there. Yeah, that sounds about right. I think that's what we had to Half cup heavy cream, half cup sour cream, one to two tablespoons of sugar, juice of half a lemon makes strawberries cut in half at it.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then you can also add vodka.
Speaker 3: That might have been where I started my nasty little relationship with Bobca Sit strawberries. Shit hits so hard though it's so good.
Speaker 1: Ye all right, Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode.
Speaker 3: Of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be behind to each other, behind to yourselves. Get your vaccines while you still can get your flu shot.
Speaker 3: It's a batt one this year, not the flu shot. The flu is bad this year.
Speaker 1: And don't do nothing about white supremacy.
Speaker 3: And we will walk to you all tomorrow Byey