Speaker 1: Hot corner time. This is a man who was known as Superman Kevin Plar in the outfield and was an all out hustler through his whole career, but also an outfielder right and he just like anyone else in the big leagues that went through his ups and downs, especially at the plate, like anybody does. Kyle Tucker's going through that right now. But he has had superstar numbers in the past. So what we want to do here is get your take on what's going on with him. And also Eric Carros, who's been on broadcast TV for a long time, mentioned now he thinks he needs a reset in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are fine, They're leading the division by a mile, they're going to make the playoffs, they're fighting for a buye get it. But Kyle Tucker is being paid more than anyone this season alone, and he looks lost at the plate at home on the road. He's fine. And the bigger issue now too, that I'm curious about, and I want to start with KP is what's going on in the last few days in the outfield for him where it looks like things are getting to him mentally.
Speaker 3: Do you agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so, there's definitely some mental stuff going on here. But you know, I think part of the reason Kyle Tucker got the amount of money he did is because he also plays a good right field, you know, when he's out there, and obviously when he's been successful at the plate, he's been able to play a great right field. The fact that he's not hitting right now and he's really playing a below average and at times doesn't look like he's very invested out there, there's definitely concerns. And you know, from a standpoint of Eric Carrows, who follows the team and covers the team a lot more than I do, for him to come out and make a statement like he needs a reset is a very interesting thing. And it's not as simple as just telling a guy, hey, who's making you know, seventy plus million dollars this year, Hey, you need a reset, go down to Arizona. You know, it's a very difficult thing. But it's crazy because you would never think this from a guy like Kyle Tucker. You know, I went through struggles like that, but baseball was hard for me. Guys like Kyle Tucker don't ever seem like the games very hard, right for him to struggle like that is pretty crazy, considering the fact the lineup that he's playing in, he's not necessarily the focal point of that lineup anymore like he was in Houston. You think he would kind of be able to, you know, honestly put up better numbers because there's so many other guys in that lineup you have to focus on. And I don't know if this is a case of, you know, kind of a kid who's you know, from a little bit, smaller town, kind of grew up in the Houston, you know, organization not necessarily a huge market team. You know, we saw a little bit of his struggles last year in a big market like Chicago. Now him playing in the bright lights in the big city of Los Angeles, he's not performing at home, So there's a lot of questions to why. And I've also seen people kind of comment and this is me without knowing Kyle Tucker, so this is just speculation of what I've heard. He doesn't necessarily come off as a guy who loves the game. He seems like a guy who might be a little bit content the fact that he's making a ton of money. He put in his time, his six years to get the free agency cash in, and now it looks like he's checked out once again. I don't know, Kyle Tucker Kratzy. I don't know if you know him personally or no people that have been around him. They're just some of the things that I've been seeing on the internet. In our comments right here is he comes off as a guy who doesn't care. And I'm sure he does care. But we've also seen, you know, in recent history, when you go out and you pay a guy a ton of money who's openly said that baseball isn't a priority to him or doesn't necessarily care about the game of baseball, you kind of see the consequences.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to unpack. We'll unpack the whole Eric Carross his comments, But first, KP, I want to ask you as an outfielder, because we saw the kind of short armed, misplayed ball at the fence in Dodger Stadium, and then yesterday the crumble to the ground looked like a pitcher trying to catch a fly ball. Do you go in slumps? And I thought you should have won at least one goal glove in your career, so you're one of the better outfielders, center fielders that I ever played with. Do you go in slumps? Can you get in slumps running balls down? Because we saw him one over his head that he wasn't able to get and then the one last night coming in that just Clankopotamus.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you can get into slumps, you know, like any position, you get into slumps. But I think for someone like myself, who did a really good job separating offense from defense, I think that's the bigger concern is it doesn't look like he's been able to separate what he's doing offensively, feeling like he's lost and he can't buy a hit and he has no idea where his mechanics are. When you take that out to the field, yeah, it's gonna look like you're slumping and it looks like you're not going to go make those plays. But when you can kind of have that firm line of this is what I do offensively, this is who I am offensively, and this part of me never should struggle because I'm so gifted, I'm so talented, and more than anything, I have the willing to go out and make plays for my team. That's really what it looks like, right now is he can't separate the two and he's not willing to kind of really put his body on the line in order to go make plays. I knew from the type of player that I was that was my calling card. I couldn't allow defense to slump. I had to go out there and make place for my team because what I did offensively was so up and down throughout my entire career, and I had to kind of trick my mindset into believing that if I went out and I made those plays, the two that you're talking about, one going back against the wall, one coming in. I had to trick my brain into telling myself that was as good of getting a hit, so like I could start to kind of use my defense to hopefully propel my offense. Because a lot of people, if they don't hit, they don't play defense. I felt like if I played defense and I could trick my brain into being like, hey, that feels as good as a hit, maybe I could kind of pick up my offensive game.
Speaker 4: See Geek is the official ticket marketplace for Major League Baseball, and anytime you want to go to a game, you should go to Sea Geek. I used to call the director of team travel I used to call the traveling secretary whatever they want to be called KP to try to get a seat. But on Sea Geek, I can pick my own seat and I can pick where I want to sit instead of being told where to sit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great option. And summer is coming to an end here soon. I'm going out and finding all the day games possible, all the warm weather cities so I could stay in this tank top. I can watch very competitive baseball as the calendar turns into fall. I want to make sure that I get the most out of this tank top and warm weather and Sea Geek is where I would go and get my seats.
Speaker 4: You can use code Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at seke. That's ten percent off MLB tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 2: KP. It is as good, believe me. That's why they have all the statistics that they have the value of making a catch. That's why they're doing it because the nerds are like, well, is that as much of a value. Wait a minute, it is, and that's why you are a good player. My question to you is about changing teams. You keep talking about about Kyle Tucker being a superstar, about him being that player that you know is better than you. He's also still a human. So changing teams, when you don't start out or you don't hit the way that you want to or have in the past, how much does that snowball on you? And could that be something that's snowballing on Kyle Tucker regardless of he sucks at home, he's better on the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's definitely a compounding effect everything, and it really starts when you go out and you sign the contract that he did and he's making I think what over one hundred million dollars this year including the signing bonus. Once again, a lot of us would love to have this problem, but this is me talking to the inside of the game, because once again, we're not robots. We don't play in a simulation. We still have feelings. There's still a lot of things that kind of factor in. He has a target on his back, whether he likes it or not, not necessarily from the Dodger fans, just in the game of baseball, everyone potentially is wanting him to fail because no one can justify the fact that he's worth a hundred million dollars. So you come into a new team, you have that kind of target on your back. You don't get off to a good start, you start getting in your own head. Am I worth this money? Why did I do this? Why did I come here? Not to mention he's going into an environment of a team who's won back to back World Series and then talk about I'm one hundred million dollar player. They've won back to back World Series. I'm the worst player on this team right now? What the hell am I doing here? You know, I was supposed to be kind of the cherry on top, to put this team over the top, to completely run away. There's no chance anyone's ever going to beat us. As long as I'm here, We're going to win four or five six World Series in a row. So yeah, I think there is a human element to this where he he's probably looking around in this room and being like, why the hell am I here? Like they probably have better players or better performing players sitting on the bench right now, but it's hard to not play a guy regard even if you're the Dodgers, and you know, money doesn't seem like an option, but when you're paying someone that amount of money, you got to put him on the field. He's got to play. And I think that's a lot of stuff that's going on to him right now from a human side, you know, and I think especially go when you look around that room and there's not a lot of other people struggling, it's hard to relate. You know, Mookie's had his struggles a little bit, but he's also been in that clubhouse a long time when he's been really good. I think a lot of these players are seeing Kyle Tucker not for the first time because he's been a guy in the league, but you're around him for the first time. You know, you're getting to know him on a personal level for the first time. And he hasn't been good, and he's probably not the best version of himself, but he doesn't have that comfort and cratzy as you know, there's nothing really like that first team where you come up with a lot of the same guys in an organization, maybe through the minor leagues you go through, you know, the grind and the battles and the wars together. You know, when a lot of these Dodger guys, yes, some of them have come from different organizations, but they've been together, that core group of guys that's been together for a long time. They know how to push each other's buttons, they know how to comfort each other. Kyle Tucker is still kind of the outcast in that room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean not an outcast in a sense the team doesn't like him, just more of like, hey, we're still trying to figure you out, and he's still trying to You're always trying to prove that you are good enough, and KP. You and I used to joke in twenty fourteen when a pitcher would go, when a bullpen guy would go three or four innings, we'd be like, well, either he's getting sent down or one of us is getting sent down, and totally would be like, no, it could be me, and we're like, yeah, right, you're ra a Dicky's five inning catcher. So we joke about that because that's the reality of baseball. You get sent down. You get sent down when you don't play well and you get you don't just like how many times KP were you not playing well and you go, I would like a mental reset here. And I'm not trying to I'm not trying to downgrade or demean anybody that has mental things going on when you're playing, because it's a real thing. You're grinding mentally through what's going on. But for Eric Carross to say, well, maybe he needs to go down to Arizona, I think is a gross misunderstanding of how I think teams are allowed to use roster manipulation. And we know that the Dodgers will sit guys to give them rests, and you know, okay, would they really be sitting out during this time. No, we're getting ready for the postseason. It's something they're afforded. But now this is just a TV person saying, hey, you know what, maybe he needs a reset. Do you agree that a team should just be allowed to send somebody to Arizona, because if that's the case, you know, somebody gets sent down a triple A to be like, actually, I would just rather want to reset instead and I'll be back in ten days. Do you feel like it's a different scenario because he's making so much that that was suggested, or do you think it's because well, you know what, the Dodgers can do this. They're not going to option Kyle Tucker to triple A. I get that, but does it seem fair.
Speaker 3: No, it's not fair, And I think all things could be true in this scenario. But I think what ultimately is he's saying is he just looks so lost that they don't have an answer. It's not like hey put him on the bench for two or three days or sit him for a whole series and allow him to reset mentally, physically, work on his mechanics. It's just, once again, Eric Carrossa has a lot of Dodger games. He lives in that he's watching this team, you know, a lot more than I'm watching him on a regular basis, And for him to come out and say a comment like that just speaks to how, you know, bad he's been this year, but also how he just looks lost and there's no answer. There's no quick fix to what he's doing. I think that's ultimately I'm gaining out of it, is there's no quick fix for what's going on. And you know the default, you know, in a perfect world, perfect scenario without the rules that we have in place, where you could just send guys down or you could put him on a little mental reset or a Lettle vacation to Arizona. I think he's saying is he needs some time away from the game to kind of figure out what the hell's going on. And I really hope that this doesn't happen because there are rules in place where teams would start kind of manipulating the roster. And obviously the Dodgers have the luxury to be able to not only afford a guy like Kyle Tucker who's making so much money, to kind of step away from the team for you know, ten days, two weeks, really work on himself, work on his you know, his swing, his mechanics, whatever he needs to work on, because they have internal options. So I really hope that's not a case where that actually happens. Yeah, because there's many times in my career where, man, if I could have just just given me one day off, you know, and I wouldn't be old, because I worked really hard to become an everyday player, But the game could speed up on you. And this compounding effect of yesterday's game were two days ago and then three days ago. Do you kind of get this snowball effect of like, man, I'm never gonna ask for it, But I would be so happy if I was out of the lineup today and I could just kind of sit back and watch and not have to think about going over for or what my swing's gonna do, or you know, my body's just kind of physically not all there right now. I think that's why people in the major leagues, especially guys like Kyle Tucker, who have had a history of being out on the field every single day, and obviously his body of work, you know, you could justify the contract. But that's why these everyday players get paid a lot of money, because it's not just the back of the basebook cart. Statistically, it's extremely hard to go out there every single day without taking any days off. You got to give a ton of credit to guys like Freddie Freeman and Matt Wilson, these guys who post every single day. It's not easy to do mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually. On this game will will drain you of all those very quickly, especially when you're not playing well.
Speaker 1: We have pop in colors for Mack Weldon. Here, I've got a little green shade, you've got a nice blue shade, and what else do you love about mack Weldon crats.
Speaker 2: I can be head to toe with mack Weldon. I have the underwear, I have the shorts, I have the pants, I have the socks. Obviously we got the shirt and the jackets. But it's head to toe comfort no matter what piece they send. I even have a belt that looks sick.
Speaker 1: And make sure you check out mack Weldon's air Knit ex fabric to help you out. Their lightest fabric fused with nylon mesh for maximum airflow. Skip the midday wardrobe changes. That barely there feel also keeps you feeling more dry and more fresh. You can browse that collection at mackweldon dot com. Don't sweat the heat this summer. It feel as efforts cool as you look with mack Weldon. Go to Mackweldon dot com and get twenty percent off your first order of one hundred and twenty five bucks or more with promo code FOUL. That's m A C K W E L d O N dot com code f o U L. And he's not the only one going through it. Edwin Diaz is a newbie. He was out for a good chunk of the year, but he comes back and he continues to struggle too. I think they're going to try to find some softer landing spots for him. But I mean, you're pitching in a in a blowout Rockies Dodgers game, and you got more runs.
Speaker 3: I got a very you know, I was talking to you know, Cody Allen, who I do the the you know, to the Major's podcast with, and we were kind of talking about that situation a little bit. And it's very interesting with a closer. You know, Yes, you want to find him the soft landing, right because at some point, with how poorly he's pitching, you can't nestly afford for him to be pitching those final three outs of a game because it's the difference between you winning and losing. But when you've been a closer your whole career, that soft landing isn't necessarily what you need. You know. They're adrenaline junkies. This is what they're built on. They're built on the moment of coming out of that bullpen and the highest leverage of the game and getting those final three outs. So it's a very interesting thing when your closer is struggling because there's no really other way to kind of recreate what he needs. You know, at some point you have to just continue. And luckily the Dodgers are in a position where they could afford him to blow some saves with the sizeable lead they have. I know ultimately they'd like to remain, you know, one of those top two teams, so they can get that by in the postseason. But I don't necessarily know if that soft landing is what a closer needs. Cratsey, you obviously caught some of these guys. I'm sure throughout your career you've had some closer struggle a little bit. I don't know if they felt the same way, but it was a very interesting conversation I had with a former closer about kind of that situation.
Speaker 2: It's two different pictures, that's all I have to say. A closer throwing in a non safe situation is a different picture than a closer throwing in a tight safe situation. And right now he's not good enough. But I agree with Cody. Cody knew what it took. He had the mental fortitude to be a closer. It's just different. The stuff is in his crisp when you're thrown in games that don't matter, let alone the fact that he's thrown in a game where a position player was pitching for the other team in Colorado, where your slider sink and your sinker slide. So it's it's like throwing on the moon. Like give them the three days off. Maybe give him a mental reset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just not in Arizona unless they're playing there. Good talk though, great insight, love the player perspective. Time for power rankings. Yes, we're deep into the season and we want to see what Kevin Pullar has for us first. Then krats will follow KP. There are some in the boat of Dodgers being back to back champs. They should just sit at number one all year long. Aj Persinski is one of those people. I believe you're not. Am I accurate there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Your accurate? And let me I'm gonna give a little context here. You know. I wake up in the morning, I get the text from producer Lady, Hey, we need to come up power rankings. I do no research. I go off of recent bias and I go off of a gut feeling. And since my list is printed, I've actually made some notes here. I'm going to be changing a little bit. So because there's been some recent news that has come out, but let's go through it right now. And obviously I'm putting the Brewers at top. You know, what they did over the weekend of the Dodgers to me is look at we could talk about them being back to back World Series champs, we could talk about what they've done to the Brewers in the postseason, but I'm going off recent history. Brewers my number one team by far the race, definitely deserving best team in the American League. I know they just lost three out of four to the Orioles, who are playing good, but they've been just very consistent and strong all year. You know, they got Shane mcclinnahan back, which is a huge boost. I love their starting rotation, love the back end of the rotation, and they secretly have one of the best like two, three four in baseball the Atlanta Braves. That offense is an absolute juggernaut. There's a little bit of concern on the pitching, but I also do believe there's pitching help on the way, whether that's a J. Smith, Shaver or some other guys coming back to kind of bolster this rotation. The Dodgers are the Dodgers. You know, they can go out and play bad baseball, but putting them anywhere below five would just be kind of crazy. At this point, this is where it gets a little tricky to me. I'm gonna just keep the Cubs there, but they're actually gonna get removed out of this list or pushed down on this list after hearing some recent news. Yankees also are going to actually be moved off of this list because of that conversation we just had, you know, about the uncertainty of Aaron Judge actually coming back, and then the news of Max Free coming down. The White Sox definitely a top ten team. I put them at number seven. A tough loss last night against the Cubs, but this is a team I think for weeks and weeks, if not months, we've just kind of been waiting to fall off. And when you watch them play, man, it's young, it's fun, it's exciting. They play with grit. You know, they take on kind of that personality of Will Venable, and I think they're here to stay. You know that that division isn't There's no one else in that division that you know, seems to be a bigger threat to win the division than the White Sox right now. So I'm keeping them there. The Red Sox, you know, they could kind of go mediocre or mediocre right now. The run that they went on just shows you what this team is capable of doing. And you love watching them play. You know, they play with a ton of heart and a lot of grit, and I think they take on that personality of Contrera's playing first base. You know, there's a lot of fighting this team. And then the Phillies man when healthy, when clicking on all cylinders, you can make an argument that they could be even higher on this list. You know, you talk about going into a series with Zach Wheeler, Lozardo, Christopher Sanchez. They have the back end of the bullpen. They got Schwarber, leof they got guys like Bryce Harper. You know, the lineup is the same cast to characters. They got Donny Baseball leading the charge there. So I think they're a legitimate contender. And then my tenth team on this list is the Padres. Love what they've been able to do recently. You know, Walker Buelers pitching better. They went out and kind of addressed some of the starting pitching that they needed. And look at the back of the baseball cards of a lot of those guys in that lineup. I know, Manny didn't get off to a good start, Jackson Jackson, Merrill didn't get off to a good start, But all these guys are starting to hit and play better. But in terms of some of the chaos, I'm actually gonna move the Cubs down probably. I'm gonna split them probably somewhere in eight to nine. And I'm actually gonna remove the Yankees from the list, and I'm gonna put the Blue Jays at number ten because of the recent news of some of the injuries to the Yankees and Dansby's a big blow, you know, not having their short stuff, not having their leader out there is a big blow. I do think they're a top ten team, but I'm gonna move them out of five and I'm going to put them towards the bottom of that list right now.
Speaker 1: For the families out there looking for a new path to help your child succeed, take a look at K twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. It's all in a setting that works for your family, and K twelve has been around. They've been a leader in online education for over twenty five years, serving over three million families with flexible education options tailored to each child's needs, interests, and goals for the future. K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction and they provide real time support. Hey, we've heard Todd father on here talk about how his kids have gone through homeschooling and it's really helped them for a family that is very much on the move during his playing career. So you can see how K twelve powered schools can help unlock your child's full potential. En Roll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter the number. Twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul. Yankees are off.
Speaker 3: Yankees are off. Yankees are off.
Speaker 1: So you think the Blue Jay's power ranking wise should be in a better spot right now than the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Look at their records. Look at their records obviously, Yeah, you can make an argument. Obviously the Yankees are going to be a playoff team. I'm talking about from what I've seen over the last week. That's how I'm basing my power rankings. Not standings. We can all look at the standings and be like, yeah, we can rank them in standings, but the way they've been playing right now, and I would imagine this list is who do you think is playing the best right now? In terms of top ten? The Yankees aren't scoring runs, and I know the Blue Jays don't score a ton of runs, but I really like what I've seen from Dylan Ce's I really like what Shane Bieber has been able to do. Mac Schurzers kind of regained form. Is he the same guy?
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 3: But is he pitching very well over five innings? And there's just something. There's just something going on with the Blue Jays post, you know, trade deadline, much like the Orioles. There was a lot of uncertainty at the trade deadline, and they've just been coming out playing really good baseball out of the deadline. They just went through the gauntlet of three three games, three cities, multiple extra inning games against the Cubs, the Houston Astros, and then they just played the Boston Red Sox at home and they probably should have swept them. They lost Game four. Then they just played the Yankees, probably should have swept them too, and ended up losing Game three. And I know this is a really difficult part of their schedule coming up today, going into the trop a place they haven't played really well. But those are my rankings. Those are my rankings. That's just how I feel right now. Is there a little bit of bias with being a Blue Jays guy, but watching the team recently, there's just this feel that you get. They've underperformed all year. They went to this deadline with kind of some uncertainty, they lost some of their guys. They brought back in a guy like Jose Sorry, that's he's in. His two starts has been outstanding you talk about, And they just went up against each other, Yankees and Blue Jays went just went up against each other and their best pictures face their best pictures, and the Blue Jays won two out of three games and probably should have won the third one.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go with my top of the list is different from your top. I go Dodgers, Brewers, Rays, And it hurts me to even put an American League team that high. I thought about putting the Braves ahead of the Rays, and then I go Braves Yankees, even without Max Free But I made that I made that call because I really love their starting rotation. Then I go Cubs, and I think, after the Cubs, I'm just I'm kind of out on the rest of the teams. You made me get ten, you made me put ten up there. You watch the Phillies and you're like, Okay, this offense has no on base percentage. Luisa rise Helps, I watched them get thirteen hits last night, and I'm like, Okay, it's fine. They got thirteen hits against Jansen Junk. I saw a Red Sox team that had to have a historic streak to get to where they're at. And I'm not completely sold on this team, the Padres. If we're talking about recency bias, maybe the Pirate. The Padres should be number two on this on my list because they have hit like they are an absolute offensive juggernaut, even though they went up against McClain last night like they have been killing it. And I put the White Sox in there because I have to give them some du But I just don't think they're a very strong I don't think they're as strong of a team as the top six, So at bottom four, I'm like, Okay, I could pull any one of these teams out, but without saying the Diamondbacks, I really don't know what other team I would put in there, and it's it's it shows the parody of teams. Or you can look at it and be like, well, you know, those top six teams are the ones that are gonna run away with it for me. But I just I really see major flaws in seven through ten that I don't see those major flaws in one through six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair. I mean, you got the wildcard teams in the American League where you could create your own rankings of the seven of them, but they're in another tier. So you've got your A tier, your B tier. There's seven wildcard teams or many of them whatever, however many there are C tier and then the non playoff teams. All right, good lists. If anyone has comments, questions, concerns, hate, love, go for it in the comments below