Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at these stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepcat alongside Tom McKenzie, and we're joined by Bloomberg reporter Chloe Malay to talk about individual share prices moving and m Ands has gained after City upgraded the retailer.
Speaker 4: Why yeah, so Emins got that upgrade this morning.
Speaker 5: That really drove the shares.
Speaker 4: The company was obviously the victim of a massive cyber attack if we remember, that really paralyzed all of its operations for months, and it really weakened the share price.
Speaker 5: That was kind of over spring and summer.
Speaker 4: But what City analysts are saying now is that given that the shares are kind of well below the pre attack levels, it's really an attractive entry point for that business, which has actually really good underlying momentum. So it's fashion segment, for ext example, is gaining traction with young consumers, which is a really important consumer segment of course, and then in food mins is also seeing bigger baskets, and it's benefiting from consumers trading down from restaurants. So all of that means that MNS is actually quite well placed to outperform despite the macroeconomic uncertainty in the UK. And Eminis still has estimated the impact of that cyber attack on operating profit to be around three hundred million pounds, so this is still something that is quite important. But after some very tough times, it could be turning a corner.
Speaker 3: I was really surprised to read, well, maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but the boss of M and S and his whole top team apparently was sleeping in the office for weeks when that cyber attack happened. I think it was kind of a wake up call to UKPLC, wasn't it. The cost of cyber attacks can basically, you know, potentially sink your business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're not careful. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: That was a reporting in the Economist. It's pretty interesting, wasn't it. They talked about everything from from the cream and tomato at cream and other cream and strawberry sandwiches that were fast to the fact that, to the fact and to your point, Chloe, that the M and S is now fashionable again. Yeah, there's no Dowdy outfits. This is a place where young people are going to shop M and S.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, I could attest to that. I'm shoved Chloe's going there.
Speaker 1: There are other retailers available, of course, we're also looking Insurance and Phoenix.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Phoenix is down this morning.
Speaker 4: That is despite reporting actually a twenty five percent jump in profit.
Speaker 5: It'll also be estimates.
Speaker 4: It said that it's on track to meet financial targets, but perhaps some other numbers, perhaps cash generation, disappointed analysts. Perhaps it's also got something to do with the name change. So Phoenix won't be Phoenix for much longer. It's changing its name to Standard Life from March twenty twenty six, and that is in a bid to appeal to British savers and companies.
Speaker 5: Apparently, that's what it said.
Speaker 4: That is the name change that maybe investors are not reacting super kindly to.
Speaker 5: So that's that's what's happening with Phoenix this morning.
Speaker 3: And then Ryana actually not doing particularly well today.
Speaker 5: Why is that?
Speaker 4: So it's down this morning after it got downgraded to a neutral rating at Goldman. So the adlers said that previous catalysts have now kind of all played out for Ryanair and they expect profit for the fiscal second quarter to be below consensus. That fiscal second quarter being the summer quarter for Ryanair, that is due to some affairs being actually a little bit lower, higher costs related to a sustainable aviation fuel. Potentially winter quarters will be offsetting that weakness, but it's still there's still kind of a cautious view on fares going forward, and if we take this in context with the profit warning from jet To last week, there's kind of a signal potentially of some tough times ahead for that low cost airline space in the UK. So that's worth keeping an eye on how the summer quarter has gone for those companies when we get results starting in October time.
Speaker 2: This stock movers from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.