Speaker 1: The volume NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are getting on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs. New customers bet five dollars, can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves, that's code money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm Shannon Sharp and I'm also a roast sponsor. Roastparks are amazing for guys who want to boost in the bedroom because they work fast and last long. Listen. We're about to get a little explicit. So you heard it from me, Maybe you heard too much from me how much I love roast sparks. But I'm not the only one. These reviews are for grown folks. Only one person said, while my wife and I went on vacation for five days, I use roast sparks a couple of times and we had fun nine times fun in that week alone. Okay, cud how I'm talking about that? What I'm talking about right there, that's him. Another customer said, boom, I'm superman. I carried roast barks in my pocket at all time, full stop. And lastly someone says, I'm not bragging, but my wife actually tapped out for the first time and.
Speaker 2: Year calls it. The UFC made to give it up.
Speaker 1: If prescribe, you get fifteen dollars off your first order of medication to get hard connect with the provider one online row dot co slash nightcap to find out if roast barks are right for you. That's Row ro dot co co slash Nightcap. Life doesn't happen bi weekly, so why should payday? The money you earned can be in your hands today with Earning. Earning is an app that gives you access to your pay as you work, up to one hundred and fifty dollars per day, with a max of seven hundred and fifty dollars between paydays. Just download the Earning app, verify your paycheck, then access up to one hundred and fifty dollars a day as you work and leave an optional tip any money you access plus tips are automatically repaid from your next paycheck. You know how I spend that money, A special night out for two, A very special night out.
Speaker 2: Make earning a part of your financial routine.
Speaker 1: Join the Earning over four million customers who say things like when I think about earning, I think about financial stability, security.
Speaker 2: It gives me peace of mind.
Speaker 1: Download Earning today spelled EA R N I ND in the Google Play or Apple App Store. When you download the Earning app, type in nightcap under podcasts when you sign up. It will really help the show Nightcap under Podcasts. Earning is a financial technology company, not a bank. Cash Outs are based on available earnings. Standard cash outs takes one to two business days with no mandatory fees. Option to expedite your transfer four feet tips some voluntary and do not affect the service. See cash out under user agreement for detailed services. Not available in all states.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow Wow.
Speaker 1: The winner of tomorrow's game in the NFC Ohoe will host the NFC Championship Game. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, thanks to what the commanders did on the road to the Detroit Lions. The winner of the Eagles and the Rams game will host the NFC Championship Game. The Washington Commanders use a red hot second quarter in which they scored twenty eight points, a red hot fourth quarter in which they scored fourteen points, forty two points in two quarters, and they pull away from the Detroit Lions the number one seed, by the score of forty five five to thirty one. Thank you, guys again for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. We're gonna get right into it. I'm your favorite unk, Shannon Shark. He is Aliberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Honoree the pro Bowler be All Pro. That's Chad oh Jo Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you're hitting that subscribe button. Please make sure you're hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast bead wherever you get your podcast from. Guys, we had twenty thousand waiting for us in the chat. That shows that you love us, you appreciate us, and thank you, thank you, and it also shows that you support us. We couldn't do this without you, so again, thank you. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in Stop celebrate. Hey, combat to fans, y'all need to load up on this shave by Laportier. Y'all got a lot to celebrate. All I ask you to do is please drink responsibly. Go follow my media company page on all of his platform shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We got to dunkin O T shirts in stock. Our newest release just dropped. Last month's new T shirts, sweats, beanies, coozies.
Speaker 2: And mugs.
Speaker 1: Quantities are limited, so please make sure you order yours while supplies last. Tickets for the Super Bowl Show in New Orleans it's our first spring tour stop. They're on sale now the Lincolns pinned at the top of the chat. The VIP Meet and Greek tickets are officially sold out, but there are still many other tickets left that you can attend to show, but the meet and Greek tickets are sold out. February the sixth at the Mahelia Jackson Theater in New Orleans. Be there, you don't want to miss it. Both Nightcap and Club Sha Show were both nominated for NAACP Image Awards. Nightcap was nominated Outstanding Podcasts, Arts, Sports and Entertainment. Club Shay Shape was nominated for Outstanding Podcasts Society and Culture. Please go vote for your guys. The Lincoln is pinned in our social bios. Oh Yo, we talked about it. Commander stunned the Lions forty five thirty one to advance to the NFC Championship Game. It's their first advancement since nineteen ninety two. Jade Daniels threw for two hundred and ninety nine yards two touchdowns. Jared Groff had a brutal day and this will concern me, OJO. When your defense is a little susk with all those injuries, the last thing you can do is turn the ball over, and you definitely can't turn it over four times. You play double. You gave a pick six up, took points off the board with Jamison Williams. You gave a short field to get another touchdown, and at the end that little interception didn't matter. But you still have four turnovers. Detroit defense had no answer for Washington's offense. They racked up almost five hundred yards of total offense only had to punt the ball once. The Commanders will face the winner of the Eagles in the Rams game. The Lions sens season ends with massive disappointment, and they expect to have a huge turnover. It's reported that both coordinators are probably going to lead. Ben Johnson being rumored to going to the Las Vegas Raiders and.
Speaker 2: Aaron Glenn potential the Jets or the Saints.
Speaker 1: We'll see how that plays out, but Detroit will have to wait another year. Very disappointing season fifteen wins a lot of Pro Bowl players on that side, on that football team. Ojoe, Yeah, but the first Super Bowl appears for the Detroit Lions will have to wait another year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, o Joe. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, oh, let me tell you something, man.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: I know the Lions lost, and obviously golf has to play better. With the defense being held together by Duc Tate, basically their third string out there, they have a few playmakers, that's pretty much it. Obviously golf has to understand in order for you to even have a chance, a winning chance, you can't turn the ball over.
Speaker 2: You just can't.
Speaker 4: You can't that first half of football. I tweeted and I asked, and a lot of people answered, when was the last time we see the half of football that exciting and that good where teams were scoring back to back almost every it seemed like almost every series.
Speaker 1: Well you saw it. You saw it three weeks ago with Buffalo at Detroit. Yeah, you saw it again with Buffalo.
Speaker 4: In and I think, I think in twenty nineteen, if I'm not mistaken, in twenty nineteen, the chief treat man. I wish football was like that every Sunday, Hell, every Sunday. But the fact that we were able to get this treat tonight in the upset that the Commanders put on the Lions was absolutely phenomenal. And I want people to understand how important it is and why teams invest in quarterbacks and why they paid quarterbacks the kind of money they paid, because when you get a franchise quarterback like this, it turns your franchise around immediately.
Speaker 2: Immediately you have.
Speaker 4: To think, oh, they haven't been in NFC Championship in the past thirty three years. Yep, the past thirty three years.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 4: First time they scored forty five points points, which is is a franchise record in the playoffs. Man, Hey, I don't even know what to say. I'm so goddamn excited, obviously for Jane Daniels for Commanders fans that have waited for this for who knows how long, who knows how long, just to have just to be in contention, just to be able to compete week to week, and now to be playing in the NFC Championship at the thirty thirty three year hiatus is awesome. Man, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you play double for turnovers, Ocho, but it doesn't matter if the team can't capitalize on turnovers. And when they turned the ball over Detroit, Washington made them play the ultimate plight. He got points out of them every time except that interception at the end of the first half. O Joe, I don't know. Golf didn't play well today. There's no way around it. He didn't play well. He got Jamison Williams. I don't know why he would throw that post so flat, because the guys in the trail position, he's gonna jet it if you throw it playing, he's gonna jet it. What we call it chap, we call it jetty, but what we mean is that he's gonna undercut it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every day, you can't throw the ball that flat.
Speaker 4: You got to old field, ain't put no air up under it, yes, and then and then to me, honestly, I think the ball was late a little bit.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: I think the ball was a little late, because that's the first thing I first thing I tweet. I'm saying, man, that ball is late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: But when you turn the ball over like that, you J Daniels man, Hey, I don't know this rookie season that he's having. Look, you know, we go back and talk about rookie season.
Speaker 2: We saw C. J.
Speaker 1: Stroud unbelievable season. He was rookie of the year. We said RG three season, he was rookie of the year. But for him to do what because look, we've seen rookie quarterbacks go to the playoff. If I'm not mistaken, I think Mark Sanchez went to the playoff. But that was a defensive left football team. We saw Joe Flacco go to the playoffs. That was a defensive left football team. This is an offensive left football team. Their quarterback is asked to do an awful lot a lot and he's like, okay, let me do it.
Speaker 2: Whatever you whatever you need from me, I can have one as a rookie.
Speaker 4: As a rookie, he's not supposed to be this goddamn good this early. Do you see his composure on the zero blitz? Yes, three man coming right at him. He's sitting there, chilling, just waiting, just waiting. He hit urged twice.
Speaker 2: Yes, so blitz. Yes, the.
Speaker 1: Brown makes an unbelievable catch. Terry McLaury, the ketch him with a bomb and the ketchen with a blitz. It wasn't blitter because the safety was in the hole. But he takes a terrible angle, terrible and McLardy hit the hit, the hit the jets on him and then he's gone. But, oh Joe, the thing is, we knew this first of all. Their pressure team, Detroit a pressure team you begin with. We know once they got the lead, now you've got to take it. You got to take even more chances. Hey, guys, let's just catch the ball. They missed a tackle. You can hit your head on the goal post. It's a out. But and this is what really concerned me, because Jared Golf can be great where he goes. We've seen him do this, Oh Joe, go eighteen of eighteen for a game. We've seen him turn to throw five picks against the Houston Texas. We've seen him and they win the ball game. We've seen him turn the ball over two times, three times in the game, and they win the ball game. But you can't turn the ball over against a team that's just this explosive on the offensive side of the football. When they got playmakers, when you got Ertz, who's a three time Pro Bowl player, you got Tarry McLaurin, who's going to another Pro Bowl, who's a noun standing receiver. And you got guys league exceptional brown making big time plays, guys running the football.
Speaker 2: The offensive line.
Speaker 1: When you have a player like a Jaydon Daniels at that position, which is the quarterback position, everybody believes in him.
Speaker 2: The offensive line blocks a little harder, guys run, a little harder.
Speaker 1: Guys make tougher and tougher catches for you because they believe.
Speaker 2: So, hey, I can't let this guy down. I believe in it. The whole team. Now, the defense like, hey, let's get the ball back. Now.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, it seems like the ball has a maginated and it's distracted to the other side of the football. I've said this before. You paid double for turnover, and when you're I believe Detroit. It was the better team. But guess what happened on Joe. When you turn the ball over that team that you might be better than, and you're up here, you pull them up to your level.
Speaker 4: Even is everything out? Even is everything out?
Speaker 2: Now, they're gonna tell your ass up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they also what I like also with the running game, because Jaydon Dails is such a threat similar to Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he's Jackson.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying the fact that he has to be to be able to hold when he put that when he put that ball in Echoless belly, or he put that ball in Brian Robinson's belly, and he make them them in sit for just a little bit, allow them guards to go up to the second level and get that block. Then you're getting five six yards of pop every time. Okay, and then you want to crash down you know what, I'm gonna take it and go and go ahead.
Speaker 2: Your responsibility though, that's what I don't get.
Speaker 1: They got it fourth and two, Arnold, that's not your responsibility.
Speaker 2: You have contained. Yeah, your responsibility is contained.
Speaker 1: If he runs for a touchdown on the opposite side, Coach, I don't know what you.
Speaker 2: That's not you.
Speaker 1: That's what That's why I couldn't coach Ojo. He knows his responsibility. It's contained. Why would you take Ojo? I don't give a damn a I would be looking right here at my gap. Lord, what about it?
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: They ain't got nothing to do with me. This is my responsibility over here. And when you dealing with a guy like him, or you're dealing with a guy like Lamar, one false step. The man had a coach just to tell us all the time. Son, if you hesitate your beat, you take one false step against a Jane Daniel, you take one false step. Again, it's a guy like Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: Your beat, it's over. You're not gonna You're not going to recover and stop him from getting two yards. That's why they want.
Speaker 1: You to hold contain, do your responsibility. Nothing in the A gap, nothing in the B gap, nothing in the backside, a B or outside is your responsibility. You abandon your responsibility and you gave up a first down.
Speaker 2: Not everybody looking at you.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it is you got your eyes in the backfield on the flake pitch that's going to the opposite winning anyway, you wouldn't you wouldn't have been able to get there anyway.
Speaker 1: What you're gonna do, what you're gonna do, chasing in the ends on and have everybody figure that that's your guy.
Speaker 2: That's all you're gonna do, chasing in the ends on. They weren't like man Arnold got beat again. Yeah, Ojo.
Speaker 1: If guys would just do their responsibility, whatever that is. If you got a gap, o Joe, if that guy comes in the outside, that ain't my responsibility. I got the a gap Arnold has contained. He must not contain. Means nothing gets outside of him? Is it nothing? Hey, oh Joe, if i'm if, i'm if I'm security at the club, I got the front door. Somebody coming to me. I don't know what I want me to do that I reponsibility? Hell, you gonna have somebody back there. I got the front door. That wasn't they tell viral? Why the girl's always coming? Are you in charge of the girl's viral? Yeah, I'm in charging the girl?
Speaker 2: Quick? So why the money coming up? Why the money coming up?
Speaker 1: Short?
Speaker 2: Girl? You in charge of the girls? Are you a hold on? Quick? Are you accusing me of stealing.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying why everybody always accounted for it, but the money coming up quickly with the cairl arnold your responsibility. But okay, now, because d Q he says, I'm going for the death blow, I ain't selling for no field goal.
Speaker 2: I'm going for the death blow. I got this hammer in my head.
Speaker 1: I got the momentum and I'm not gonna relinquish it. Maybe if you're stopping more for him down, who knows, maybe that takes some of the win out of the sell. It gives you some momentum. But what do they do? They going to score a touchdown?
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Jared Goff picked the worst time to have one of his worst games in his career. You turned the ball over like that in the postseason, you're losing probably one thousand, probably nine hundred and ninety nine times out of a thousand. You're gonna lose a game if you give up a pick six, you throw a pick in the end zone, you fumble. Look like I said, it was four turnovers, he had three. He had three picks and a fumble that last one on Joe. The game was basically, I mean, you already tell you what you're down fourteen points, so you're not coming back. You're not coming back anyway.
Speaker 2: Bro. You cannot play that bad in that moment.
Speaker 1: You're too much of a veteran quarterback to be that reckless with the football. And then you Ojo, this is why they tell and I get it. I get Jared Goff. He's like, this is a big game, this is a vision around the playoff game.
Speaker 2: Let me chase.
Speaker 1: But you're not used to chasing, so you don't know where those guys are coming from. You See, the thing is once ay, you and I somebody get a pick the first thing we do.
Speaker 2: Okay, where this thing? Because somebody coming to get you? Oh yeah, every time they coming to get you.
Speaker 1: So I just be okay, hey let me, Hey, let me because the one time I didn't do that, I got my clock clean.
Speaker 2: The first thing. The first all I can see is.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I mean listen, Cark rule number one. When it's an interception and you on the off of the team, you keep your heading on a swivel.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're coming to pick you off.
Speaker 4: Hey listen, you pursue, but you keep your headed on a swivel because you don't know where it's coming from.
Speaker 1: They can't block back anymore, oh Joe. But if you're bringing your ass to the ball, they're gonna knock you.
Speaker 2: And you see what. Yeah, the first thing to hit with his back of his head.
Speaker 1: He never thought, he never saw, he never saw him, and he put his helmet right up on his mofo cheating.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about I'll talk about right.
Speaker 4: To the kisser and then and then they said that there should have been a pillowy called on that play. But if you have someone trying to make a tackle on the play, why can't you block him?
Speaker 2: Even though it is a quarterback. He had the chance to see. It was called the helmet, oh, because.
Speaker 4: He went okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know it's funny in Jaydon Daniels also tonight again Commander's fan. If you're Commanders fan, you in the chat, you you should you should be happy. You should be happy. And I said it when the game was going on, despite no matter who wins this game, if you're a Commanders fan and you know you have Jaydon Daniels, you should be happy and excited for the next decade because you know what's to come. Yeah, there have been five ye quarterbacks that have made a conference championship in NFL history in their rookie year. Sean King in ninety nine, Ben Roethlisberger in two thousand and four, Joe Flacko in two thousand and eight, Mark Sanchez obviously, that defense led, that defensive led Jets, Brock Purdy in twenty twenty two, and now Jays Daniels. They but young bullers, special man.
Speaker 1: But if you think about it, O Joe, think about the guys you mentioned now that ninety nineteen that team had John Lynch, Ronde Barberic Warren Sapp and Deck Brooks and Simeon Rice. I mean Brooks in the Hall of Fame, SAPs in.
Speaker 2: The Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Lynch is in the Hall of Fame. If I'm not mistaken, I think Ronde Barber is in the Hall of Fame. So that's poor Hall of famers. Simeon Rights could easily be in the Hall of Fame. He has some issues. You know, reporters don't really care about it. But that's particularly that's a defensive base football team. That's Joe Flacco. Do I need to say what they had? Suggs, Ray Lewis ed reed. Yeah, I won't say anymore. Look at Mark Sanchez. Look at what that defensive that's a Rix Ryan team. That's a defensive based football team. Brock Purty's team that was. Look, they had outstanding weapons. They played very, very very good defense. They put so much on James date, James Daniels plate, and he eats it all.
Speaker 2: He's better than advertised.
Speaker 1: I thought he could be good, but there's always a learning curve. And look there and the partner season Joe we started. I don't know, Jo bo Nigs might sneak in there and get some of that, get some of them. A rookie of the Rookie of the year boat he took a deep bro.
Speaker 2: Exam and stepped on the gas. Hold my beer, Hold my beer, and they look back.
Speaker 1: This kid is sensational and he has that like Josh Allen is a build up type of guy.
Speaker 2: He has that. He has that Lamar Jackson acceleration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he step on it right now, right now.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: He's not as fast, but he's fast enough.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, but you gotta realize he's thinn too. He like he kind of looked like Lamarro when Lamar first got into the league. And see Lamar got into the got into the weight rooms, started to lifted weight.
Speaker 2: He whipped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but he gonna mature, Ojo. He got a twenty year He got a twenty year old body. When he gives twenty three, twenty four, twenty five, He'll add a little tip. He don't need to worry about trying to put on that egg, eating a whole bunch of food. And you know, creatad know all that he don't need to do it. You gouda naturally gained some get some of that old man weight as you start to age.
Speaker 2: But there, I don't know what they're not to like about this young man.
Speaker 1: He can throw the ball, he sees the field extremely well. He's elusive, he has great pocket presence. Hey, and we know what he is when he gets the ball in his hand. And that's what I'm saying. Think about it. There been a lot of guys like Lamar Jackson and James Daniels. But guess what, they never got an opportunity to play in the NFL because they got mood positioned. Remember they wanted Lamar Jackson to move. And I sent you a clip. You remember the clip I sent you?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: I said, that he shouldn't move, he should have went higher. Oh but you know we're talking about that later day time. But this kid right here, oh Joe, it's amazing when you put a young man like this and I call him a kid, so forgive ma'n he young enough to be my kid. We're young at all, my kids. But when you take a young man like this, sir, and you put him in an environment where he can flourish, and you move the bull job around with his Dan Snyder, that that cesspool, that cesspool of dysfunction, and you put him in Josh Harris group with Magic Johnson and they still got h My guy, Doug is still there.
Speaker 2: And you were got where you can thrive?
Speaker 1: Can You ain't got to try to be a rose and grow through the concrete.
Speaker 2: You can be in a garden and it's lush and it's blush.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's so funny how everything is going right and it's so hard. It's it's so hard for organization to have everything go right from top to bottom. Obviously management has changed ownership GM. Then you have the coaches that come in. You got Kling, you got calor Cliff Kingsbury, who is phenomenal when it comes to coaching quarterbacks, especially due threat quarterbacks like Kim.
Speaker 2: The have dan Quinn. He don't get a job somewhere with y'all, Yeah, most definitely. You don't get a hit job somewhere, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 4: Then you have dan Quinn with his offensive creativity as well. I'm sure I'm sure he has yeah, defensive creativity as well. And I think that also might save the goddamn Commanders as well, where they sneaking and surprise people because the way they're playing offensively, because of their defensive play, they might sneak in and fool some people.
Speaker 1: Matt Well, we said, look, they they beat they've beaten the Eagles, so they're not and they're not gonna be in all of the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Now if I beat you once, I can beat you. Yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 1: It's hard if a division rival. We know each other, y'all know us, We know y'all. We're not fearful of you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Just let I just I just want you to know, yeah, we respect you, but we're not afraid of you.
Speaker 4: But listen, can you imagine can you imagine that game Eagles Commanders NFC Championship game, And obviously we look at the Eagles and what they've done obviously. Last week they scored twenty two, they scored twenty point twenty three. If if I'm not mistaken, I tweeted something I said playing against the Rams, even though the Rams had maybe I think the eighteenth ranked offense during the regular season, I kept telling people this is not about the regular season. I mean, it's not about them talking about the postseason. Everything from the regular season it goes out the window. New season has started. I said, the Ram to score it will, you know? And everyone was focused on what in the regular season they were wearing eighteen.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 1: They had a lot of injuries, Cooper cup Pook pooking, the cooling. They had some injuries on that side. On the offense side of the football. Higbee was dealing with an injury. He came back. I think he came back the last two games of the season. That tight end, the pants catching tight end. So they were dealing with some things, Joe. But if you go back and look at them defensively, you look at Verse, and you look at Young, and you look at a turner. They got guys that can get up your quarterback. They got you know, good guys on the back. I'm not saying they're all world back in but they're good enough. They're good enough. Uh, you know, but I like what d Q did. DQ Winging' got guys that he's familiar with. Hey, b Wags, you know, I coach you all of the All Pro durrence Armstrong at Dallas, I had you.
Speaker 2: Come on, Filer, I had you. If I'm not mistaken, I think he had him in Atlanta. Also had him in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Hey come on, Hey, he got those two guys, and those two Alabama boys inside Pain and Allen. I don't know if Payne within the that I know I saw Alan. But they got some guys in there. You know, you draft Leveo, you know you get Marshawn Lattimore. You've gotten some guys. You know, they got talent on the different side of the football, sir. They might not have you know, they ain't got no Ay you know, I ain't got no Miles Garret or anything like that. But they got you know, they got first a draft pick, was a top top five, top three, top or big right.
Speaker 4: But you know what, they don't have any dominant players, you know, like a Miles Garrett or TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt. But yeah, they played.
Speaker 4: They play together collectively very well. They play together collectively very well. Everything messes phenomenally. Well, that's I'm excited. I'm excited to see tomorrow's game. And I don't know, I don't mean to be going off track and talk about the Eagles and talk about the Eagles in the Rams game, But the Eagles, if the Rams are able to stop the run, even though the Rams are undersides up front, if they're able to stop the run and stacking eight nine in the box, whatever it may be, Jalen Hurst has to be phenomenal in the past game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna make Jalen Hurst beat me.
Speaker 4: He has to be phenomenal in the past game. And I'm sure that's what they're thinking that on that on that side, is we're gonna make Jalen Hurst beat us with his arm. The game that they've won, the game that the Rams, I mean, the game that the Eagles have won. It's when Jalen Hurst has thrown for one thirty one forty one thirteen, it's been gained where they've dominate on the ground, and I'm sure the Ramps know that. So what are we gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna let say kwah barklet run for two fifty five again. How about that? That ain't gonna happen. I'm not gonna let him have three hundred and two yards from scrimmage. That ain't gonna happen. Now, if jayalen Hurst throws the ball for three hundred yards, let's just say he has an official day. He throws for two forty, he throws for threety four touchdowns. You walk to the middle of field, say congratulations, hell of a job. Good luck next week. But I tell you what I'm not gonna do. Damn say kwahd you got us again?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 2: You hell man?
Speaker 1: Hey, you should be that ain't gonna happen. That's not my defense. Ain't gonna be saying that that's not gonna happen. I'm gonna I'm going to make somewhere.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's different because when you're like, Okay, I'm not gonna let Lamar beat me, Well you got deack Henry. I still believe I would force Lamar to throw the ball from the pocket because I let him get outside. O Joe, I'm at his mercy rap. Oh yo, what do I do I let him outside, O Joe. If I come up, he's gonna throw the ball over my head. If I stayed, he gonna get he gonna get twenty, he gonna get a running start at me. Now, I gotta try to tackle this mofoward middle and space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck with that. Yeah exactly, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So when you're dealing with a guy like him, like Lamar, you're dealing with a guy like a Josh Yellow, You dealing with a guy like Jaye Daniels.
Speaker 2: You know what, bro, if y'all beat me for the park, get take off with it. Because I can't. I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't let you have you can't be at least I can see you. I can keep you in this little space right here. It's difficult, I mean, because you're dealing with great players, Lamar Jackson. We believe he will be a three time MVP. February sixth, that's when the honors is and that's when they're gonna announce the MVP. But at least I can keep him in this space. I let him outside.
Speaker 2: On yo.
Speaker 1: He throwing the ball to Andrews and likely he got babe, man, we don't know if a Jay Flyers is gonna be able to play, and now I gotta deal with his legs and he all he doing all this hurky jerky stuff and he's starting to stop and his spinning on me. He got me on his highlight reel. Now, not like yeah, see just why he got this, why he was ninety nine thanks to me? He don't du me, got me on the ground. Everybody esp and everybody run the clips. So Joe, man, you let Lamark do what you mean? Let hell No, I ain't let her do that. You think I let them embarrassment, But the commanders, man, I was really impressed. I didn't have them win. I didn't put them on my Bengo card to win this ball game.
Speaker 2: I didn't have him win either. I didn't I didn't have I didn't have him winning either.
Speaker 4: Just based on what the Lions had done in the regular season and how well they played.
Speaker 2: That that's the only thing.
Speaker 4: And I've been saying this all year. I'm at fault command of fans. If you're in this chat, I apologize. I apologize. I wasn't familiar with y'all game.
Speaker 1: I am not, Oh Joe, But what we didn't couldn't predict was the turnovers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If now, because think about it, Oh Joe, you gave up seven points on your possession. They the Commanders didn't even have a ball, and you let him get seven points.
Speaker 2: Points.
Speaker 1: Now you fumbled the ball. Now you took points off the board. You A that was I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think that pick was on second down. So you got another crack at it and maybe you get a touchdown. At least you're probably gonna walk away with three. So excuse me. You took points off the board.
Speaker 2: Twice? Yeah, twice.
Speaker 1: And so when you play like that, even at home, o ko and I tell people and to come playoff time.
Speaker 2: I would rather be on the road.
Speaker 1: Because you can feel it start to slip away, and you can feel like the crowd things on every plate. That's like damn ooh, you feel it, you sense it, and then.
Speaker 4: Get real quiet, man, get real quiet.
Speaker 1: But hey, I can't say enough good things about what the Commanders have been able to do the stable environment that Josh Harris, you know, you know magic. Hey Jerry, why are you looking all the quarterbacks that you had and you ain't been here in a long long time. This man did this with a rookie. Think about how many quarterbacks you done paid? And all you do is y'all I ain't even know if y'all don't. If you've never seen Josh Hash, you would never hear knowing heard his boys even when they made the playoff. You heard what he said he had magic Johnson and there he say, Hey, you hire good people. You give him a stable environment, and things will blossom, things will flourish. He didn't say nothing about him. He doing a great job. He ain't say he bought a team to have a bottle of occupation. Who pays for a job, Oh, Joe, I paid for the job of ESPN. I bought that seat. Who says that? Who says they bought an occupation? An arrogant, A very arrogant person says that I purchased the job. But okay, you're not doing a good job of it, you know. But man, the commander, I can't say another good thing about them. On Joe, that young kid, that young man. They got a quarterback, the number five, he's everything he's I know they thought that when they drafted him, they thought they saw all this. I don't know if they saw it this soon as a rookie. We're in the NFC Championship game. On Joe, Oh Joe, we had a second pick in.
Speaker 2: The draft year one though. That's what I'm saying, Oh Joe, what big changes that they got other than the coach.
Speaker 1: Look at Terry McCaul was there. Yeah, Zach, if I'm not mistaken, Zach Kurtz was there. So Okay, Auster Deckler as cler he he didn't put up the type of numbers that he did with the Chargers where he was the fantasy darling and he made a Pro I think he made a Pro Bowl or something like that.
Speaker 2: Didn't have that kind of enough different here though they used him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, they got Brian Robinson, Brian Robinson Junior, I think that's his name.
Speaker 2: Or the offensive line is pretty much the same. But the turnaround.
Speaker 1: That guy, Yeah, go look at look get the team that was in the playoffs what they got, and look at the teams that's not the playoffs what they don't have.
Speaker 2: Look at the quarterbacks. CJ.
Speaker 1: Mahomes hurts, Allen Lamar Stafford. You got like overall draft pick. I mean the latest you got with Josh with Jalen Hurst was the second round pick, Lamar first rounder, CJ first rounder, Stafford first rounder, James Daniels first rounder, Lamar Jackson first round. When you get that kind of stability at that position.
Speaker 4: Everything else becomes easy when you build around it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Front office, head coach, quarterback changes are all huge for the Commanders, but the change in ownership should never be overlooked. Everybody knew Daniel Snyder was terrible. Uh and uh and you know, hey, it's not a surprise. It's not a surprise. Why should be a little to be a flouer or all? As he's watching the game tonight, we were talking about Daniel Snyder. You think he was watching cause because he wouldn't sit his meddling ass down. He stayed in the way. Yeah, cause you know him and Jerry, I mean him and j J. Yeah, him and Jerry with the right hand they did. He wouldn't. He wouldn't stay out the way. He wouldn't now he fared the way, he'd never get another team.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't allow, man because the owners have the owners have to vote on that. They wouldn't allow in that circle.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, not not see. They never released the report or.
Speaker 4: They knew they couldn't do that because a few of them, it would have been a few other owners that wouldn't have their team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how you make a deal. Okay, I'm gonna hire you to do this, but you can't release the report. You can't release used to finding So why the hell? Why the hell did you?
Speaker 2: Let's move on? Joe? We ain't got to go.
Speaker 1: Say got we ain't got to do that with Yoe.
Speaker 2: O Joe yea for the seventh consecutive season.
Speaker 4: Crazy huh.
Speaker 1: The Kansas City Chiefs find themselves in the AFC Championship. Get The Chiefs defeated the Texans twenty three to fourteen. The Texas I played the Chiefs on offense and defense for much of the first three quarters. But that my homeboy's gonna find a way. The man they got him going down. He's Superman's it finds Kelsey. But I told you, nephew A, he don't have the legs that he once has. Yes, but he's a professional, get open guy, That's what Travis Kelsey is.
Speaker 2: Now. Can he run like he wants? Could No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Had he been able to run like he wants? Could he probably have two hundred plus yards today. But he can't run like that. But what he can do is still get open and he can see things. Like my homeboys struggled this year of getting that connection on Joe what we have seen them have for the past six years. But when it needed it, nowhere and going, and they did a great job. They doubled him a lot of times on Joe. You see he run across the basic cross, They got the safety coming down to.
Speaker 2: Take it away.
Speaker 1: Got they played in and out on him. But look, check this out. And I said this before, and people like to keep saying. Travis Kelsey is the greatest tight end double play. He's number one in playoffs and catches over Jered Rice. He's two hundred yards behind Jared Rice for the most receiving yards in playoff history. He's two touchdowns behind Jared Rice for the most touchdowns.
Speaker 2: In playoff history. Ten Pro Bowls.
Speaker 1: He had like seven eight straight one thousand yard seasons. No other tight end has more than four has.
Speaker 2: Seven eight straight. Remember o, Joe, he would have had another one.
Speaker 1: They made they sat him out last year because they had they was already locked into the three season. The thing that's most impressive by him. As great as he is in the regular season, he's even better than the post.
Speaker 2: And that's not a knock on anybody.
Speaker 1: The two top tight ends for me, of him and Gronk, I think it's him and Gronk. I'm taking trial. That's not to say I don't like Gronk. I think Gronk is phenomenal. His relationship with Brady sec it's just like, what what what with my home? But you can't deny. You can't deny the numbers, regular season, the Pro Bowls, the All Pros, the way, big game after big game after big Have you ever left a playoff game and say, man, trap, let us down.
Speaker 2: Man, he ain't play good today.
Speaker 1: That you I mean, oh, Joe, And I'm talking about with the money we shoving all them.
Speaker 2: It's finality now. The playoffs is all about finality.
Speaker 1: It ain't no hey, We'll look at the tape, will bounce back next week. Next week is eight months from now. This guy has been money one hundred and seventy two postseason receptions.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. He's far away. He's not done.
Speaker 1: He has twoenty twenty yards that's second all time. We know Jerry Jerry's the gold, not just because of what he did in the post in the regular season, when you ever see a game, what you say with man, Jerry, Man, Jerry let us down in the postseason?
Speaker 2: Man, please, he's two.
Speaker 1: Yards and touchdown. He's a tight end. He's a tight end.
Speaker 2: And he has a.
Speaker 1: Thousand catches and a whole lot of thousand catch guys, what is it?
Speaker 2: Ten twelve?
Speaker 1: Oh choke, Yeah, that is it? Is it only what I think God's it has the record, he has like thirteen hundred. I think Winton has like eleven hundred. And I think he's the next tight end. He has a thousand. I think Gates had like nine. I think Gates had nine maybe nine something, and then everybody else, you know, everybody's kind of out after me, and but he for me, o jo and the most one hundred catch playoff games in postseason history.
Speaker 2: Can I interest you in that now?
Speaker 1: That that's a tight end he's won in most one hundred yard games he's won and catches, he's two in yards, he's two in touchdowns.
Speaker 4: And you know what makes you know it makes most of that possible? Too long if you think about it, if he was on any other team, it wouldn't be the same. No, the production, the numbers, you know, the accolades wouldn't be the same. And just the right fit, the right offense, the right quarterback, the right play calling, the right creativity and everything. The rest take take care of itself, O Joe.
Speaker 1: He went to the Pro Bowl with Alex Smith. Oh, we didn't talk about this guy like we do now until he got my homeboy. Let's be one thousand and he was a phenomenal player.
Speaker 2: He was good, Yes, good.
Speaker 1: He got I think he's going to ten straight Pro Bowls. You gotta be good to go to ten straight. And there are times that he had had a kittle not had those all world seasons, he might have been another.
Speaker 2: He might have a couple of more first team All Pro. It look at bron.
Speaker 1: Bowers had a historic season, but the ten pro to ten consecutive Pro bos for a tight end, what he's been able to do his body of work. When it's all said and done, I think right now it's just he and Gronk at the table having a discussion. I don't know, boy a bro, we don't need to do we don't need to discuss it among ourselves. We will let other people discuss. I think it's them two. I love them both, watched them both. It's funny they both got the same number. Uh both played your you'll probably say what it's all said done. They played with the two greatest quarterbacks of all time. That definitely, that definitely helps. But what he's been able to do, man Like I said, he's at this point in time. He doesn't have the legs that he once had. He's just a professional guy that knows how to get open.
Speaker 2: Very savvy. That's it.
Speaker 4: Very savvy.
Speaker 2: That's it being able to defenses.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it not only getting open, is him and my home be on the same page and knowing when to settle. Doe would have settled knowing where to be at and every time Manoe.
Speaker 1: If you play Kansas City and you if you play a STEVEE. Fagnola defense, Yes, sir. The moment he feels threatened, he's coming with the bomb blitz. He finn to blow it up. The moment you threaten him, he's coming. Hell, I know that.
Speaker 2: How chiefs don't know? I mean, how how the Texans don't know that? Bro? They gonna come if you threaten him he's coming with the blecks. He gonna blow it up.
Speaker 1: He'll throw caution to the wind. Damn that safety in the middle of the field. I'm coming to get you. Uh seven sacks they sacked him seven times. Uh, well, they had seven sacks in the fourth quarter, three by George No Colopitus, Colopitus.
Speaker 2: He Hey, they got after them. Uh. CJ was back. C J was calling him. Look, they did a great job. Uh.
Speaker 1: I think you know what. Colombtus got him early when he tackled him out of bound. He got to tweaked that a little bit, Yeah, a little bit. But the thing is with Kansas City, you know this, Oh Joe, and I thought Texas did a good job. They didn't turn the ball over. I thought Joe Mixon ran the ball well enough. But they're gonna have to get bet on the offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's that's that's that's that's the next thing they do, now, O Joe.
Speaker 1: They got Look tankdal Tankdale's gonna miss some time, Ojo, He's gonna miss some time. I wouldn't count on him coming back next year early. I don't know what they're gonna do with Stefan Diggs. If he's gonna take I don't think no, you know, nobody's gonna give him that thirty million dollars coming off an a cl injury.
Speaker 2: So he might have to take a one year deal.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he wants to for it to be there, I would look at staying there because I got a really good quarterback. I got Nico Collins on one side. I like Dalton shows at the tight end. Bro, that's a bull jove job that you did on that past blocking. I ain't say, look it, Bro, I ain't saying you gotta be Mark Bavarro or Gronk or George Kettle Brother. You can't do that a goomb walle. That's some bulljove. Two guys should be able to block a running back of the tight end. You'll be able to block a defensive mind. Two guys should be able to unless it's Reggie or one of the all worlds lt something like that. Ain't no way that's you. That was That was that's some half. That's a half hearted as separat that picked me off.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what what else watching the game? Obviously, uh, you know a lot of chirping obviously from some prominent figures in the NFL that are part of the NFL in general. Uh, talking about some of the calls that were made mm hmm and and in favor with the Chiefs. And we hear this all the time, especially around the postseason time, sometimes it's regular season as well. It seems calls are always convenient when it matters most of them, to give them whatever it may be, you know. And one of the things that bothered me that's starting to bother me just a little bit. I love my home that I love everything they're doing, and just that Mahomes is intentionally playing with defenders to draw somebod these, draw some of these.
Speaker 1: So he slowed down and the guy pushed him, like, bro you was still in bound. Yeah, he will live, he will he went live a boat jokes, Yeah, but he was still in bound.
Speaker 2: Broke. Get your ass out of about it.
Speaker 4: He's doing it on purpose, That's what I'm saying. And it's forcing the rest to throw flags and they getting the rest of starting to get a little jumpy. So every time but Mahomes is playing around, he's doing it purposely because he's taking advantage of the rules and knowing that they could take advantage of it, and he's flopping some.
Speaker 1: Time and the late slide. That was the late slide. I don't know what the guy because he got the last second he go down. I don't know what you want me to do. I've already committed he doing it. I've committed to lighting his ass up.
Speaker 4: He's doing it on purpose because he knows he can take he can take advantage of the rules. So why not now, I'm not sure. It's probably too late now, but at some point next year, the Competition Committee or whoever, whoever the powers may be, they.
Speaker 2: Need never implement a rule.
Speaker 1: Now when it comes to that quarterback. Yeah, they're gonna protect Hey, they're gonna protect him.
Speaker 2: The rule base. This is what was told to me. Win in doubt.
Speaker 1: If it's a quarterback throw the flag, I don't care if you get it wrong. We will not hold that against you. Win in doubt. If it's the quarterback through the.
Speaker 4: Flag, well, I mean he listened. I'm sure to chat the chat and the chat. If y'all watch the game to day, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Now, I'm not I'm not sitting the song and I'm i saying that bad New Chiefs are great and all that to do. Patrick mahomes one of the best efforts. He taking advantage of the rules a little bit.
Speaker 2: Just just joke a little bit. Can ask your question, sir.
Speaker 1: We heard the same thing when Tom Brady and the Patriots were winning.
Speaker 2: It was the referee. We heard the.
Speaker 1: Same thing, Oh Joe, And we saw Tom Brady get a call. Chris Jones hit the man in the shoulder pad. They said he hit the man in the head. He didn't touch his head. Yeah, there are a lot of phantom calls. It happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh they called him playing a pillowy tonight. Oh Montgomery, that man ain't touching Montgomery's face.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, oh he had, but then you know it and because his head went back boom.
Speaker 2: But she has to understand. Remember we see it.
Speaker 4: We see it in LIW motion is seeing it in in real real times.
Speaker 1: His head, his head does this and it looked like, oh he grabbed his face.
Speaker 2: Man, that man they touched that man face.
Speaker 4: Right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: And you thought that flas you shouldn't be allowed to say face or masks the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 4: But listen, man, But I think.
Speaker 2: The biggest call what got him.
Speaker 1: Is that when Mahomes overthrew Kelsey and Will Anderson hit him in the chest and they thought he hit him in.
Speaker 2: His chain and they couldn't They couldn't reverse it.
Speaker 4: No, they couldn't reverse it. If somebody and hey, listen, ma Homes sold it now?
Speaker 2: Yes? Good?
Speaker 1: When what would Brady do? Every time they would hit Brady somewhat late? He turned to look at the official.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Hey, Broy, you're not gonna do anything about day, You're right right, right right, but hey, hey, look at look at hey. How many times you ever saw the official come to the sideline and talk to any other player, Like the official went to the sideline and talked to Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: I ain't never seen that.
Speaker 1: I have never seen an official come to the sideline and talk to a player, say look, because he could have threw a flag all that yelling. They threw a flag on Tom Brady one time, but Tom was probably mfinem Normally they throw normally they throw a flag on you. You know, you keep yelling, they tell you, you know, you're like, hey, you need to calm down.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I've seen it a few times.
Speaker 2: I've seen it with Brady.
Speaker 4: I've seen it with Josh Allen and then basketball I saw with Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's the thing, oh joe. The Texas are the first team in NFL postseason history to outgain an opponent by one hundred yards, have zero turnovers and lose. Prior to today, teams were forty nine and zero in such games.
Speaker 4: Special and boy, special, man.
Speaker 2: They just know how to win.
Speaker 1: And there's an expectation when you've been in this situation, you got to beat them. Yeah, how many times it's normally not a you gotta beat You had to beat Tom convincingly.
Speaker 2: You had to beat him convincingly. You the only thing you don't want to have happened.
Speaker 1: You didn't want Tom to have the ball with a chance to beat your ass who late in the ball game. You want a you want to be taking a knee because it's the same thing with my home. You don't want them to have the ball late with the ball in his hand. And I will say this about the Chiefs. Oh yo, you get the ball to start your offense on the thirteen yard line and you kick a field goal. Yeah, next week you're going home. You do that again. You do that against Buffalo or Baltimore. You're going home. Yeah, you're going home. They got the ball again and they set up for another field goal.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the text is gonna do with the kicker, but it's a good chance they're gonna probably be on the market for another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right here if they need one. I don't know what they gonna do with it. About Joe.
Speaker 4: Listen, you heard what I said, if they need a kicker, I'm right here.
Speaker 2: I mean in one of the kicks, that first kick wasn't even closed.
Speaker 4: Nah, oh that went why, I'm right, yes, are like, what are we doing in a game?
Speaker 2: In a game like that were it didn't even say if you're poring, O Joe? Do you know how deflating that is? O Joe.
Speaker 1: Now we're about to tie the game up, and I look like, yeah, bro, hey, nice run, Hey, nice run, Joe.
Speaker 2: That rum mixed? Hey want to put them in the blend to mix? Blah blah blah. And then you're like, oh, yeah about the tide this thing up? Oh man, damn.
Speaker 4: Take the win right out your seals went right out, your sales.
Speaker 1: I mean you trying to put it. You try to pull them problems. That's okay, that's okay, We're good. No, bro, we up behind if we if they don't do anything else. If we don't do anything else, we lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ah man uh oh Joe. There's been a lot said about the refs, the refs favoring the Chiefs. The Textans spoke about it after the game. Let's take a listen to what CJ had to say.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, the stays are tough. You know, I'm not gonna go back and forth on what I thought was a call when I thought it was in a call, you know, And you know, it's one of those things you kind of know what's up before you even walk in the arena. And we got to be better and just being accountable and sound and you know some things, you know, And I think we had a couple of calls and we're a called that I'm begging for it, but at the same time, it is what it is, you know, Like I can't argue with the ref and at the same time play football.
Speaker 2: I gotta go and do my job.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I would say, you know, it's definitely some things that I would question but at the same time, I mean, they're the professionals, are getting paid to be refs, and you know they did talt to me their best and yeah, but you know that's kind of thing. You know, it's us against the world, you know, when you're playing in these type of environments and games.
Speaker 2: I got a question. I got a question.
Speaker 4: If everybody keeps saying the same thing every year in regular season, every postseason, would have come to the chief questionable calls, calls that are always convenient, and it's seen they always side for the teas. At what point are the people right and there's not an excuse made every single time. If someone's always seeing the same thing all the time, you know, if there's smoke, there's fire. If there's smoke, there's fire somewhere, everybody can't be wrong about it. The coaches said, The fans said, sometimes the people in the chat may say it. The people that don't agree are the people that are actually Chiefs fans.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, I'm I don't.
Speaker 2: Have a horse in this race.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I see questionable things that happen at times that favor the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Did you see questionable calls with Kobe. Did you see questionable calls with Michael.
Speaker 1: Jordan, Yes, sir, okay, you saw question becall with Brady to do.
Speaker 4: Oh so okay, so you know what it is, Okay, long, I do want to make sure we're on the same page.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take a listen with what Joe Mixon had to say.
Speaker 6: Everybody know how it is playing up here. You can't you can never live you can never leave it into the rest's hands. But I mean the whole world, see man, like what it is, bro.
Speaker 2: But that is what it is.
Speaker 6: You know, like I said, when it comes down, so you can't never leave it into the ref's hands, man, and things like that.
Speaker 2: But saw.
Speaker 1: Big Lombardi, I know, Big he right out of he said, yeah, I'm done, mahole. Can't get separate route. Vict see vicked. He's from Denver.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay. See, so every everybody can't be blind to the fact. Now, not everybody, the player said. The coaches said. People from the outside that are prominent figures, like I said earlier in the NFL, that had been watching the game for a very long time.
Speaker 2: And they can see it now.
Speaker 4: I see it sometimes as a former player, occasionally, not often, but most of the time, but they do get calls. The costs are warranted when I see it in little motion. Okay, you know what the fans might say, that's some bull dye. But as a fan me actually as a player and a fan of the game, now, okay, that was warranted.
Speaker 2: That's really a call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, I see, I thought yo, But we see, we you and I. We discussed it every week.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I mean the guys laying on the quarterback personal fiul, Bro, I'm like with that. So what you want me to do? You want me the ladys more fo down. I ain't fit to put I'm not finish. Put him in bed hold on. Now.
Speaker 4: You know sometimes D linemen and D tackles that not only do they attackle you when they take it to the ground, you know, they putting all their weight on you too.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, but something but oh, I see guys try to try to put their hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I trying to drop my weight on it, and they still throw the flag. They're gonna protect the quarterback every time.
Speaker 1: And I get it, and I get frustrated too because sometimes I see it. I'm like, bro, that's not a penalty. I mean you gotta let the guys play at some point in time. But they have been told, if there's any doubt in your mind and it's on that guy, throw the flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, throw the flag. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny is even without the goddamn calls in favor of the Chiefs, they will still be winning these games.
Speaker 2: That's call.
Speaker 4: They will still be winning the game because when it matters most and fifteen has the ball in his hands, he's going to make it happen in ninety nine point nine percent of the time.
Speaker 2: And a whole lot. I'm I'm excited for him. I would love to see him. Three pete, I would love to see him. Three pet I would love.
Speaker 4: It because I would love to see Mahomes Andy Reid because we.
Speaker 2: Never go we probably never go to see it again. O Joe, see it again. We're gonna Steelers in seventy nine had an opportunity. They didn't get it done. Dallas had an opportunity.
Speaker 1: They lost in the conference championship because they won ninety two ninety three, they lost ninety four to forty nine, and they came back and won again in ninety five. San Francisco had an opportunity. They won eighty eight, eighty nine. They lost in the championship game to the to the Giants in ninety Yeah, Green Bay sixty seven, what sixty seven sixty eight they lost there. We probably never It's so hard, oh Joe. It's so because because this is why you've seen more three peats than other sports, the other major sports, the basketball or the hockey, the baseball, because it's a series. In football, it's one game, O Joe, one bad game, Josh Jared Goff had one bad game.
Speaker 2: It's over you going home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, think about it. Michael Jordan, first championship, they lost game one. If that had been football, he.
Speaker 2: The lost home. Yeah, but they went for straight. They're the champs. See, that's why it's so hard.
Speaker 1: That's why when people say football, because you get one chance and it's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's over. Show you got to show up that.
Speaker 2: Day, that that day, that day.
Speaker 4: As much as I'd love to see i'd love to see my home make history and Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Boy, we have a real Salies conference. You know how to start. You're talking about.
Speaker 4: Absolutely know it, But I really I really want to see that young bull got that raven on his helmet that win them eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the thing is old Joe. I think if he were to unlocked this and get there the pressure, I.
Speaker 2: Can see him winning another two.
Speaker 1: I can see him winning three and five years because the pressure will be off it.
Speaker 2: He get an opportunity to play free free.
Speaker 4: You can read not that he's not playing freely now, but it's it's it's a different it's a different kind of free.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Because I got that championship, I got something y'all can y'all can't say, well, he couldn't win the big game, y'all. Y'all can never y'all can say a lot. Y'all can never say I wasn't a champion. You can't never say I wasn't a champion. And once you become a champion, you get that taste. It's like that's why you know a lot of times animals they put them down on yo once they bite something or because they got that taste in the mind.
Speaker 2: Ah Man and boy a.
Speaker 1: Lamar Jackson, he met f Rid and get a super Bowl and now he gonna play free.
Speaker 2: Blood help us.
Speaker 4: Ally'll got hell.
Speaker 1: I just want y'all to know, y'all got hell on your hands. I'm just just put it out there. Oh they taking a storm on Twitter. Steve Spagnolo has an argument to be the NFL's first ever assistant coach to eventually be a Hall of Famer because, if I'm not mistaken, I think he wasn't he the Giants.
Speaker 2: DC when they knocked off Brady?
Speaker 3: He was?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: So ask check that wasn't he? I think he was. Yeah, I think it was Fag's So this he's got five. So if he was the Giant, if he was the Giants DC old seven and O eight. So he got the first one with the Giants. He wasn't there for the second one. Okay, he got the first one with the Giants. Think about it. He pulled the biggest upset in NFL history. He's a defense Tom Brady them at that point in time, they had scored the most points in the single game, they had the highest scored average. He held him the seventeen points below the average. Brady was the first ever unanimous MVP. Fifty touchdowns, eight interceptions, forty eight hundred yards. He held him to seventeen points.
Speaker 2: That was that seven year old. No, he held him to fourteen points.
Speaker 4: That was that Old seven season with Moss. Huh, yep, well it was hey, they was on that year.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Commanders Win as a Commanders Win has a current and former cowboy great going at it. On Twitter, oh Dance tweeted, first, dan Quinn, do it? What dan Quinn is doing in Washington?
Speaker 2: Jerry? Everybody needs to go, including Zam.
Speaker 1: I knew Washington was going to be successful because of DQ Danz.
Speaker 2: Why you keep saying Jerry?
Speaker 1: Jerry had an opportunity to hide dan Quinn and he kept Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: So when are you gonna I understand you have.
Speaker 1: A great height, I understand your relationship with Jerry, But where you're gonna put this at Jerry feet? Because that guy didn't take a job because he thought he was gonna get the job, and then once it became abundantly clear Jerry was gonna drag his feet, he.
Speaker 2: Took another job. What you want that man to do? I ain't feel to be no damn coach.
Speaker 1: You're waiting for the rest of my life, keep passing up an opportunity and after opportunity, why Jared swing his feet?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: Now, Trey jed dinsw from now on, I'll speak truth about my Cowboys, good or bad. Jerry has built a great brand, that's all he's done brand, and now it's time for the team to start winning. It's time for a real culture ship. I'm filling with all this nepotism. Get someone in there who can win games. Hold on, wait a minute, hold on about what you mean. That's what they are bringing, that's what this is what you mean to start winning culture? You can't have culture dance Bright win your owner doing what he does.
Speaker 2: You got you know where culture starts at?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, oh, you know what culture starts at. That that start from the top.
Speaker 2: Coach. You don't start from the coach. Culture start from the top.
Speaker 1: Afore you go ahead, Father Michael Farson responded, stuff that irritates me. Dance because you had enough. You had enough, he was felling. He put a tea in front it. But I know what he meant. You had enough talent and was probably one of the greatest in your time. You could have changed the culture, brother, you could have changed the culture.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait a minute, now, wait now, Michael.
Speaker 1: Parson, what does the front office have to do with players action? And players be responsible for their actions? Dead shot back. I had to double back because you really said I could have changed the corfor culture. Emphasized that as if you don't know, I was never on a yes man political ass kicking kissing ish. I sacrificed myself so a lot of you could do what you do. I'm on some ish way deeper than football. You're really too young to understand. You realize that soon you need to do more people like don't give an f for the better up of the athletes. The way I talked to Jered was the way versus the way you talk to Jered is totally different.
Speaker 2: And to sink in, come on now, you say you like that. You told me you liked when the players beat truth.
Speaker 4: Hey, you what you like that? I like that shit? You see what you get from dance. Now we can get now, we can get all the players, even the active players, to start talking their truth. But Dad's always been dead since they won that dare, they never changed Dais, They never can for him, there would never PC. So what you're hearing from here now is nothing new. That's always been him.
Speaker 2: I don't believe.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you can have a culture as long as Jerry is the owner. Yeah, because what happens is you need one voice. That voice needs to emanate from the coach. If I can circumvent anything that the coach, any authority that coach have by going to his superior, how does the how does the coach lay a foundation to establisha culture. The thing that they know in New England, ain't nobody going to Bob Kraft, Mr Kraft and circumvent anything.
Speaker 2: Coach Belichick.
Speaker 1: I had a great relationship with mister bowling man. I wish I would have took my happy black ass upstairs, say, mimster bee, let me tell you whatbody talking about.
Speaker 2: He gonna look at me like sharpy, what you want me to do? Nothing? Don't tell him.
Speaker 1: I came up here to your office to tell you. Let's start with let's start with that. Let's keep this between us. The thing was is that when you have one voice, now that takes a lot. Well, where is this coming from? Who is this coming from?
Speaker 2: See? Here's the thing, oh, Joe, the problem they're having cowboys.
Speaker 1: They know when Mike mccarths are standing in front of them that Jerry's talking, he's moving his mouth that. But Jerry is you know, he's your pedal. Yeah, when Mike Shanahan stood up there and talked, that's him.
Speaker 2: That was Mike. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also he gave us to remember, now, bro, we're not gonna do that. What's your weight? Okay, bring your answer up? Beat make weight right? Hey, I'm there guy. Hey, go get on the bike. It ain't but two pounds. Go get on the bike for ten minutes. Hey you good. You're gonna be able to drop that. Bro, Go get in the hot tub.
Speaker 4: Two pounds need to go get in the same Yes, yes, yes, bro, that's our responsibility. Bro.
Speaker 2: Clean up.
Speaker 1: Come on, Bro, how you here the laundry basket right there? You gonna throw the towel on the floor. Bro, Really, that's what you're gonna do. You can't get your I mean the tower right there by you, and you just leave the tower in front of your locker.
Speaker 2: You leave the top, bro, Come on now, bro. Clear.
Speaker 1: Mike gave us the authority to police the locker room. We established the culture that I had adopted from the older guys, from the Dennis Smith and the Steve Atwaters and the Max and the John, and hopefully that my job was to try to pass that on.
Speaker 2: That's what you gotta have o Joe.
Speaker 1: The guys that when you see Ray and the way you conduct yourself and he's watching the way would in how we do things myself and Rod hopefully he passed that along and the.
Speaker 2: Culture was established.
Speaker 1: And so now you get an air reading you gotta sucks and you got guys like that, that's what you play like a raven. They're never gonna have that because Jerry won't allowed with, Jay want allowed with.
Speaker 2: I mean, a lot of things transpire. Hold on, there are.
Speaker 1: A lot of things that happened once I left. I mean once I leave about you. I just tried to do try to put the guys in the best situations as I possibly could to be successful. But there's a lot of things going on, a lot of dealings that I wouldn't have tolerated. It's the guys, we got to be professional and all that other stuff. That's just the kind of stuff that to tear the fabric from a locker room. You know that somebody's people, and then you try to go behind their back and you trying to do no, no, no no, that is how.
Speaker 2: We do stuff right here. I don't go for that. Now.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to figure out why you try to do that? Why you mad at him about trying to see some girl and you married?
Speaker 2: How did that look? I'm confused. I'm like, bro, that happened. Yeah, I'm I'm talking just like I'm talking to you. Bro.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. How you mad at him talking about that's your girl? You mad with three kids?
Speaker 2: That's real? That haven't for real? He look here, bro O Joe, let me tell you that's a good I kept the peak. That's my job. My job was not only to play.
Speaker 1: My job was to keep the piece and keep stuff like that because that would tear a locker room apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, And that ain't got nothing to do with football.
Speaker 1: Ain't got nothing to do with football. We're gonna keep football football, That's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: You're while I get winning this right here, because you know, because at the end of the day, he gonna get mad at you. You doing things to try to sort him up. He go tell your wife, Oh now what now, y'all you're gonna want to fight. Why you fighting a man that's single about seeing somebody you married and you try to get at her? Come on, bro, it don't work like that. You get one, you get one, you get your wife, you get your main one. You can't put you can't take three or four off the chef and put them in the back, you know, like foot locker. Oh, y'all you got a boy working to Hey, put a pair of shoes in the back, fas. No, you get one, you get to put one on the lf, and everybody stay away from other than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fair game.
Speaker 1: It's fair game. So you not finna hide four five pair of shoes. We're gonna say were selling their shoes broke. I'm gonna keep it one five with y'all. But that was But see, that's the that's the job of a leader is to keep the piece in the locker room because there are a lot of things that can eat at the fabric of a locker room that ain't got nothing to do with football. It ain't got nothing to do with money. Hey, we'll keep money out of this. Look all that gamblet look like, like Mike said, like rookies. We didn't really let a whole lot of rookies gamble because first of all, y'all ain't got that kind of money. And you're right, and we can't have Mike saying, look, I can't have y'all out there, y'all ow y'all four twenty thousand dollars and you're thinking about that. Oh yeah, so look no, no, come on, guys, But that culture thing is true. People don't realize it. People don't realize how valuable culture is in a locker room until you don't have that veteran leadership in there and you get guys running them up, doing all kinds of things, and then you're like, well, damn, I realized that Sharp had more value. He was valuable. And I'm not talking about just on the field, because what Mike didn't realize until I left a lot of things that I snuffed out never made it to him. He didn't no issue about it, right, But that's what veterans do. That's what leaders do. You come together, You say, hey, bro, what's really going on? What's the problem? Okay, you got a problem at home? Okay, how can we help? What's going on? What I mean, what does she think you're doing?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: You cannot you cannot go out and come in at three four in the morning?
Speaker 2: What homeboy? You got? So what you're telling them?
Speaker 1: You can't tell her I'm out hell cause I don't even go out with my own homeboys and coming in three four in the morning. I tell Bucket, I you tell Bucket all the time. No, bro, you're not finna mess up my home. Hey my homeboy in town can Hey? Yeah, Hey, come on, Bucket, you not finna mess up my home. Got me coming because you want to come in at three four in the more? Oh hell, no, no, bro, you can't do that. I'm not gonna tell you, you grown ass man, but I'm not gonna tell you what you can and what I'm gonna tell you what you shouldn't do. I can't tell you what you can't do because you're grown. But I'm gonna tell you what your shouldn't do, and if you want peace, if you want, because at some point time, Mike gonna wonder why you're play slipping, why you seem distracted, why you keep busting assignments, why you're not where you're supposed to be. And then eventually he Mike sayn had I see. I ain't tell you like oh Michael, Michael eat five million, six million dollars, he will cut your ass.
Speaker 2: So I just want to know what you how you how you want to play this thing? Man shop man.
Speaker 1: Hey, I appreciate that, bro, I appre I appreciate you coming to me, but I can't keep Mike off your ass. You keep making these kind of mistakes because I can only lie so much. So hey, hey, for what's going on with such and such? You know everybody we went by, you know, we go by numbers. Hey, for what's going on with such and such? Huh, I'm pretending dumb, I know. Oh yo, Huh what you mean? Mane he seem he seemed distracted. I mean Mike started practicing. Mike stop practice, Dude, blew an assignment. He's like, Hey, what the hef.
Speaker 2: You do last night? Dude? Had to think about it. Nothing. We'll get your head out of your U know what? Yeah? Youffing up?
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, that's that's funny how you say this, Because I'm just thinking about me from from from my personal experience when I have outside issues even when I was playing. When I was playing, they didn't affect me because my outlet and my sense of peace was being in practice. And then once I touched that green grass in between those white lines, everything that's going on in the outside world.
Speaker 2: It went away.
Speaker 4: And that's crazy how you said players allowed what was going on the outside to affect them on the field when I couldn't wait to get to the field. Because then that that gave me my senseem Finally I feel I ain't got to worry about that bullshit.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing though, Oh Joe, maybe you didn't. As soon as we get a little five minute break, they run to the phone. Oh, they in the They in the corner. They are outside on the cell phone.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Well you can't get away from it because you bringing it in. Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I ain't play that, boy, I could.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm like, guys, you can't get away from the dog poop if you step in it and bring it in the house.
Speaker 2: Leave it out there. Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: Who wha, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa whoa whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 4: Hold on you think you slick boy, You're finna get You're finna get ready with that one, broy.
Speaker 2: I could use that one on the kids. Yeah, And that's the ojo. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of times because the guys to see the guys saw the way I conducted myself that I always tried to be professional because.
Speaker 2: I know people watching. Yeah, I knew the guys were watch it.
Speaker 1: But as an older player, Oho, and even though even though I was young, I was in my twenties early twenties, I thought of myself as a leader because the way I conducted myself.
Speaker 2: I wasn't out at night. I knew what I had to do new.
Speaker 1: Once I learned the offense thanks to John, Once I knew what I had to do.
Speaker 2: Oho.
Speaker 1: I love the response of it because I've always been responsible college my last couple of years in high school. But culture is a big I guarantee. You check the teams that's winning culture. I'm not saying there one hundred percent as far as guys not being late, check their culture. Go look at the Ravens, Go look at Kansas City. Look at the teams that win consistently, and even when they hit a rough patch, that's when you tell That's when you'll find out a lot about your culture. You don't really find out about it when you win it. It's when you hit those rough patches. You see how they did Zeke. They make it seem like Zeke had never been late before. But what happened was they were tolerating things and wins they couldn't do it or loss. Oh we're gonna let thee go. Y'all would let the man go? Oh so he can catch on with another team. Where did do that at? Oh Joe, they can't fool me.
Speaker 4: See, sweet, you would have had you would have had fun playing with me. You you would have fun. Could your magic be was on the same team?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe? Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I had you right? Oho, o Joe?
Speaker 4: What I was the friends in the stadium that I was different that I'm I guarantee.
Speaker 1: You, huh, Jeordan screaming out, Oh Joe, I guarantee you huh. Had I been your teammate, Yeah, you've been a first ballot? Who you'd have been the first ballot? Shit, I am first ballot. You'd have been there, You'd have been up there, you would have been in winning. Hold on, I went in there, you the winning the twenty you played elevel years. You came in and oh one, you came in oh two o one oh one? Yeah yeah, cause you called it a little cheap tao. I think you about to call it a little something on us. Uh yeah, my last year in Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Oh ways, oh way, you know I sliced you all up every time, whatever
Speaker 1: The volume,