Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 2: Arms Wrong.
Speaker 1: Live from Studio C say s you're we're in a dimly lit room deep with them, the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications counbound on Little Friday, and today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: Hit make me.
Speaker 2: The secret Hard Court has rolled repeatedly that compelled speech is every bit is forbidden by the First Amendment is restricting speech.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to say it?
Speaker 2: I won't.
Speaker 1: The General manager today the Jeffrey Epstein Files, or what is known as when they vote on it next week, the Epstein Transparency Act.
Speaker 2: There was a vote yesterday. First thing they did when they opened the government back up. First thing worth repeating.
Speaker 1: The first thing they did was they swore in this new Arizona congress woman who had won in a special election, but over the last fifty some days or whatever, hadn't had a chance to get sworn in.
Speaker 2: There's no time the schedule was for with the shutdown and whatnot. And she gave a little speech about this and that, including we need to see the Epstein files. And she was a yes vote, as were many Republicans, including this guy. Representative Massey will be hearing from him a little bit later. Who went out there and said, Hey, Republicans, done, other Republicans. He's a maggat conservative Republican couldn't be more in charge of and forcefully advocating for the Epstein Transparency Act. Who said, hey, other Republicans, before you vote next week, Donald Trump isn't going to be around forever. This vote will be hanging around your neck forever. If you decide to stand up for protecting pedophiles when you're in a debate in twenty thirty with either a Republican or Democrats, somebody's going to look at you and say, why did you vote to cover up for pedophiles? Wow, that's from Republican Congressman Massey challenging themself. Loose cannon. But yeah, he's pretty magga. Well, so that's where this thing, the whole thing gets interesting. I still don't understand what we're talking about. I still don't know if there's any there there. Although why Trump's fighting so hard to keep this from happening. So it was a really close vote yesterday, and Trump was trying to turn some of the Republican votes that were extra Maggie away from voting for this so that it wouldn't have a chance to come up for vote next week. And for instance, Lauren Bobert, of the type Jean's high heels and hand jobs in movie theaters, there's that Lauren Bobert, congressperson from Colorado. Frank there, but go on, I'm just describing who she's what she's known for. There's more than one way, but go on. They actually brought her into the White House and had the Attorney General and the FBI director pressuring her to vote no.
Speaker 1: She voted yes. Anyway, that's a heck of a move. Why are you doing this? Why you doing it?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm just I'm exhausted, completely exhausted by this. Why are you? Why you working that hard? And then you got the whole thing, and we did this on the area yesterday. The Democrats released whatever, twenty thousand pages or some cherry picked emails or whatever, and then the Republicans released twenty three thousand pages of the The reason this is so much more interesting than like every other battle of the last decade is you got a chunk of the most maga people in our government who are hardcore. The Epstein files need to come out, right, And I personally know a couple of people that are very maga whose biggest disappointment is the Epstein files haven't come out yet, and Trump's fighting like hell to keep them from coming out. I'll tell you what, I'm gonna strike a bargain with the world right now. World here it is, take it or leave it. When the Democrats had both houses in the White House, they didn't come up with anything that is really damaging to Republicans. Republicans have been in power, they haven't really come up with anything damaging to Democrats or really themselves. Just some innuendo and vaguely worded emails. The first thing of real significance that comes out, you tell me, and I'll pay attention to this steam and pilot crap. This country faces existential threats, existential and we're obsessing with this garbage. Makes me insane. I can't take it anymore. In twenty twelve, mister Epstein emailed one of his lawyers. This is one of the emails that came out of here Stay, saying he needed to get someone to dig into Donald Trump's finances, including the mortgage on Marl and the thirty million dollar loan that mister Epstein said mister Trump had received, and they needed to be dug into.
Speaker 1: That there's dirt there, Okay, is.
Speaker 2: There or not? That lawyer was contacted yesterday by The New York Times, he said, attorney client privileges.
Speaker 1: I got nothing to say.
Speaker 2: Epstein's dead, so can't ask him. As Trump's presidential campaign gained traction, in December of twenty fifteen, mister Epstein asked a New York Times reporter, would you like a photo of Donald and girls in bikinis in my kitchen? It's unclear whether Epstein actually possessed such photos, and this mister Thomas, who doesn't work with The New York Times anymore, says mister Epstein never provided him.
Speaker 1: But he did send him that message. Well, and what the hell does that mean?
Speaker 2: Girls? Did he mean twenty four year old models are thirteen year olds? I it makes all the difference in the world. Again, vague innuendo. But then why would you? And this isn't really cool? Bringing Lauren Bobert and have the Attorney General and FBI director pressuring her to vote knowing this thing. Yes, that's not a good look. No, you know, you get I don't know the answer to that. It could be that this Trump is truly like me, disgusted by this idiotic waste of time.
Speaker 1: But at this point, you know, even when a lot of his magabass is like super on fire for it, well, yeah, it's the.
Speaker 2: Kind of paranoid conspiracy base. But at this point, with the one caveat that you've got to continue to protect the victims' names and that sort of thing, and you know the usual ways that the Justice Apartment handles. I don't think there's any choice but to just flood the zone with all of it. Just get all of it out so we can move the hell on. Well, I think it's going to happen next week, and then is that going to be a whole bunch of We got another email we'll get to later where Epstein says something about the dog that didn't bark is how dirty Trump is in this whole thing, but doesn't specify in any way. No, no, can it all come out next week and then people dig through It'll take a while to dig through everything, sure, and then they just find nothing but like innuendo and kind of vague suggestions he's pretty dirty.
Speaker 1: Wait till you find out. Would you like to see some pictures that I've never shown anybody in?
Speaker 2: Right? Uh? And then and then what it? And then does it just go away? And I never have to hear about it again? Could that happen? My evidence that there's nothing really there is entirely circumstantial, which I've described already. Everybody's had power, everybody's had access, nothing's happened, So I don't think anything will happen. Well, there had another point I was going to make, But while you're thinking of that point, I'll go with the circumstantial evidence the other direction.
Speaker 1: As Mark Alprin writes in his newsletter today, m sorry jumped down to.
Speaker 2: Here until someone explains why Maxwell moved to a cushy prison, why Bobert was in the situation room being pressured by the c the FBI director. The level of suspicion around this has nothing to do with the emails that were released on Wednesday. Why is Donald Trump working so hard to keep these from coming out? Yeah? Fair enough. I would not be shocked to find out that he was up to no good at some point in the past. He was a millionaire womanizing playboy type and ran in some racy circles. And that is some pretty decent, circumstantial evidence that there's something there. Although the Julaine Maxwell thing, I still say it was as simple as back, you know, two rounds of this crap ago. Trump had her come out and say Trump never did anything. And this bargain he struck with her and her lawyers was that she would be moved to a cushy, cushy girls camp, a tennis camp with you know, a perimeter. I mean, what do I have to pay for a week in that prison camp? Some me take care of my kids. It's been a week in that prison sounds fair. I don't know. I just feel like I'm watching some sort of mystery movie. Judy and I like to watch mystery movies. But we're stuck on the first scene. Well, there's been a murder most foul. I wonder which of these towns people could have done it? But then you never get any more like serious clues. You just stay stuck in that first scene talking about murder most foul. You bring me something, anything, please, or forget it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 2: Watching MSNBC last night, it was the only story they had watched Morning Some Morning Joe and MSNBC today they were heavy, heavy on the Epstein thing. I watched about twenty minutes of Fox and Friends and it never came.
Speaker 1: Up at all. So Fox has decided a better approach. It's not a story that they want to carry, even though for a lot of the Magabas it's a huge thing. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would like to call it the Armstrong and Getty don't have to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Act that they're going to vote on next week.
Speaker 2: If they vote and it comes out and then there's nothing there, and then are we done? So, Nancy mays without saying that would have my vote to your high profile MAGA people, Nancy Mace, South Carolina, Lauren Barber Colorado, Oh Cuckoo, both pressured yesterday to vote no because it was such a close vote, but they.
Speaker 1: They went ahead and voted.
Speaker 2: Yet, let's release there, let's move on with the Epstein stuff. Two congress people who are proof of the whole hot crazy matrix that was such a popular YouTube video not too long ago.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what a deal?
Speaker 2: All right? Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe getting on this. How did it already get to be now that there's no more government shutdown? It's everything's changed. Thursday, November thirteenth, the year twenty twenty five. We're armstrong and getting and we approve of this program. Okay, let's beget officially. Then, according to FCC rules and riggs, here we goes show starts at mark.
Speaker 3: These emails prove absolutely nothing other than the fact that President Seump did nothing wrong. And what President Trump has always said is that he was from Palm Beach and so was Jeffrey Epstein. Jeffrey Epstein was a member at mar A Lago until President Trump kicked him out because Jeffrey Epstein was a pedophile and he was a creep.
Speaker 2: If I was gonna try try to put my best guess onto what's going on here is Trump did a lot of party in with Epstein with a lot of young women, which he'd been hanging around his whole life, you know, up until not that long ago, right, I mean, that's his thing, and he thinks he wasn't.
Speaker 1: He's not a.
Speaker 2: I'm like I was going to name some names, but this hasn't been proven in like some names on the list who I think really liked the idea of having sex with seventeen year olds. Let's go with Prince Andrew. Okay, Prince Andrew Matt Gates like that was their thing. It turned him on for some reason. I think Donald Trump might look back at all those partying days and thinking, God, I am no idea. I didn't ask she was pretty young. I just assumed they were all of age until I found out Jeffrey Epstein's into the hole underagenting.
Speaker 1: Holy crap.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I think that's a pretty pretty good supposition.
Speaker 1: Oh and the whole I didn't know thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anybody would much traction you get with that?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do and peach him? What was it gonna happen? Anyway? He can't run again, right right?
Speaker 2: I just honestly, the fact that this dropped the day the shutdown ended and the Democrats were shown to have been show voting for no good purpose, and Chuck Schumer looks like the grizzled, old, used up bum that he is. Please, It's just this is an enormous distraction. I mean, we've got a thirty eight trillion dollar debt or whatever it is. It might be fifty by now you know, the house is burning down and we're arguing about the paint color. It's just insane. Joe Getti covering up for pedophiles, just like a fair assessment. Just like Massey said, We've got Katie's headlines on the way and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing I'm trying to sense is how many of you listeners to the Armstrong and Getty Show give a crap about the Epstein thing that I don't actually know. I just saw a poll that about three quarters of Americans want the file to come out. Whatever the file means, probably so we can stop hearing about it. Could be they are my two favorite headlines. Katie Number one the college student who did a wheelie for ninety three miles.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I.
Speaker 2: Asked him the all time record by like forty miles. I got to tell my son about that. I said, how long far you can do a WHEELI and he said he did do one all the way downtown once.
Speaker 1: That was four miles.
Speaker 2: This guy was six plus hours of wheelies. Wow. His prostate will never work again in your arms is what it gives out on you. And my other favorite headline, Chinese diplomat threatens to cut off Japanese leader's head.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go. Now that's a threat. That's a fleck.
Speaker 2: All right. Let's see what Katie's favorite headlines are. Who's reporting? What is leave story with Katy Green? Katy, here's a headline for me. Horrible story. Somebody broke into my house and stole all my fruit, left me peachless. You could have given me fifty guesses for the last word of that sentence.
Speaker 1: Wait what Oh? I feel like the governments.
Speaker 4: I feel like the government shutdowns over the jokes are back.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's right, that's right, it's the Department of Jokes now real, Oh god, with all the full.
Speaker 1: Back pay.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Starting with the Washington Post, Transportation Department freezes at flight cuts at six percent, citing strum staffing and possible recovery.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm, there you go.
Speaker 4: From NBC, Gavin Newsom's former chief of staff accused of stealing campaign funds from ex health Secretary of Besara.
Speaker 2: That's weird Gavin would associate with a criminal.
Speaker 1: Is there any is that paint Gan in any bad way? At all, so have anything to do with him? Really? Apparently he knew about it and didn't say anything. So oh really okay, well that's something I.
Speaker 2: Was letting the investigation proceede.
Speaker 4: From the Free Beacon, NYPD officers say, Mom, Donnie's win will lead to an exodus of quote a few hundred officers.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll be something to see. Yikes.
Speaker 4: From the Wall Street Journal, Streaming prices are soaring and consumers are still.
Speaker 2: Paying streaming prices like you for your Netflix in there, Oh yeah, Hulu and that sort of thing. Okay, I don't even know this is the price one, of course I wouldn't. Got it on a want to pay like everybody does. All right, one goes up three dollars, one goes up five dollars, the other goes up six dollars, and you don't really notice it until it accumulates.
Speaker 4: From the New York Times, Will people trust voting by phone? Alaska is going to find out?
Speaker 1: Huh? Apparently they're going to test.
Speaker 2: This out an anchorage, and they think that's better than voting by mail.
Speaker 1: It might be.
Speaker 4: Actually have better security and it'll be easier.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, I'd have to noodle this through. I want lower turnout, not higher, because the bottom twenty percent of the moron population should not be voting for This could be the way of the future.
Speaker 1: I want poll testing as you know, Yes, love this.
Speaker 4: One New York Post seventy nine year old Vietnam veteran piled as a hero after he shot and killed naked intruder who broke into female tenants la home.
Speaker 2: Ah God, dang it.
Speaker 1: Good for him, yeah. Page six.
Speaker 4: Diddy's prison release date pushed back after rapper allegedly violates multiple rules.
Speaker 1: M what do you do?
Speaker 4: Well, there's speculation apparently he was drinking the Bruno.
Speaker 2: I likes to get a buzz after a long day. He is not Christall Bruno.
Speaker 4: And finally, the babylon Be Democrats somberly remove sombreros, signaling the end of the shutdown.
Speaker 2: Those a good times, the sombrero days. Oh those were the best days of the shutdown. The sombrero days. I'd forgotten about those. We got to catch up on all the news of the day on the way if you miss a segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty, Well, guys, let's send us as self driving taxi company Weimo said that their cars will start taking customers on the freeway for the first time. They made the announcement after a Weimo accidentally took a customer on.
Speaker 1: The freeway first. That's pretty funny. Yeah, we're doing that now.
Speaker 2: That's actually pretty funny joke. We'll see how that goes. I promise this is a tease. I will shut up about it for a while. But the Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson, was just asked about the Epstein file vote. He said it will happen. He will because he didn't have to bring it to a vote. He will bring it to the floor next week for a full House vote. So it's going to happen. Okay, good, all right. It reminds me of like oral surgery. The sooner we start, the sooner it's going to be over. Let's just get it all done, please. So a couple of really interesting, unexpected commentaries on the shutdown in just the politics these days. The first one why Schumer had to do it, Some really good analysis from Barton swam and yeah it was AOC and his left right. Everybody knows that he's going to get primary.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The crazy part is He's seventy four freaking years old, and he doesn't run again until twenty twenty eight, So that means it's just one hundred percent assumed a seventy six year old man he's going to run for another six year terms.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be horrifying if he did, regardless of someone there running against him. Yeah. Yeah. But as Barton Swain points out in The Wall Street Journal, from the beginning of the dispute, Everyone dispute, Everyone seems to have understood that mister Schumer forced a shut down because he needed to show his state's progressive voters he could take it to Trump and fend off AOC right. Ezra Cline in The New York Times wrote, the whole stunt was about Trump's authoritarianism. It was about showing their base and themselves that they could fight back. Guy in Politico says Democrats achieved their primary political objective, showing a furious base that they can actually work together effectively.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's what happened to flee for what do any of y'all watch? John Stewart on The Daily Show Monday night. That was one of his great performances. I liked it because he was attacking Democrats as opposed to Republicans, and he's really really good at that sort of thing. But man, he was incensed that the Democrats caved the way they did, so the whole we showed the base that we fought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that's.
Speaker 2: Way it landed with a lot of them, right, They're prepared to fight with every tool at their disposal, says the political guy. All right, But who are what callum rights? That's the part I liked. Who's that base to which these fellows are referring? Poke around you'll find it consists mainly of cash flush foundations, unions and activist groups, the ACLU, the Sunrise Movement, other environmental and climate groups, Planned Parenthood, other abortion rights outfits on an array of immigrants rights and associations, some of them so radical is to be almost insurrectionist. The American Federation of Teachers. Don't get me started in the National Education Association, Southern Poverty Law Center, Black Lives Matter, other racial justice organizations, Human Rights Campaigned, a sort of LGBTQ plus minus over the power of three activist groups, scores of foreign connected, Palestinian rights and otherwise anti Zionist groups and the George Soros funded network known as the Open Society Foundations, on and on and on, and then he points out that it's interesting and revealing that the Democrats tried to make such a big deal of the Koch Brothers right back in the day, and the Koch Brothers are mostly libertarian leaning and are not very close to trump Ism at all. But he points out that the reason the Democrats are always saying that Republicans are controlled by their activist groups because the Democrats are and they really really fear running a foul of these far left groups that really don't represent Americans at all except on the left fringe, and a lot of them are still like the NAACP, a legendary organization did amazing work during the Civil Rights era. They are now a far left blackmail organization like the Southern Poverty lawsonerre just nothing like they were, Which brings us to this great piece Jeff Blair wrote for National Review. And this has happened over and over again, and I just love it so much. I'm honored lefty organization in this case, the Sierra Club, eaten apart from inside by its woke staffers and he asks, where does power truly reside? It often resides only where people believe it does, and only up until the moment people believe it to reside there. And the Sierra Club, once one of America's most formidable ecological activist groups and a group that did very good work back in the day, is giving up the illusion that it wields any power whatsoever as it seizes up arthritically and kneels upon broken joints to display its helpless incapacity to the world. That's pretty good the New York Times story. New York Times is out with a story that should already be familiar. The Sierra Club embraced social justice, then it tore itself apart, and he points, you know the drill from the headline alone. They're now a flaming wreck. They've lost sixty percent of their paying donors since twenty nineteen. And for precisely the reason that all observers watching wokeism progress through left coded institutions thought it would. It was devoured by the never ending financial and political demands of the progressive omni cause, which encouraged the formerly single minded conservationist society to become deeply embroiled in the progressive left's racial and socio sexual agenda part of its core mission.
Speaker 1: They let themselves get tied up in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah so, and this is so typical of the permanent omni cause. Social justice was folded into the Sierra Club's mission through its newer, younger leadership via the now standard series of semantic slights of hand. Environmental justice is racial justice, is transgender justice, is Palestinian justice. Hey, we're just trying to saved pine trees over here, the water clean. Well, then you've got to embrace transgender Palestinians. And the scattering of its focus has not only left the Sierra Club flat footed and broke, it's also rendered it indistinguishable from other everything bagel progressive organizations, which I thought was a good description the everything bagel, my favorite bagel, and the focus of the movie everything all at once, all the time, everything and oh yeah, yeah, my favorite move. Moment he talked about the New York Times piece, again illustrative of the natural progress of activist entriyism, came when a local Sierra Club member responded to a volunteer suggestion that the club lobby for more protection for wolves. We've got to protect the wolves, and the response from the leadership was that's fine, Delia, but what do wolves have to do with equity, justice and inclusion? Wow?
Speaker 1: What the Sierra freaking Club?
Speaker 2: Wow, that is something you're authoric when that happens. I love this so much. All right, final note, and this is this is worth remembering. I'd kind of let I'd space this off. I entered it years in, years and years ago. Jack, I know you know this. The sovietologist Robert Kung Quest what a name Dick Army wishes his name was Bob Khnquest. Anyway, let's see. Ye Oh. He once positive a series of laws of politics, the most famous of which remains his second. Any organization not explicitly right wing sooner or later becomes left wing. Our friend Tim Sandifer has quoted that on our show a number of times, and it's stuck in my head. It seems to be true. Unless your goal is to be right wing, you overtime become left wing. Yes, And you can see it all around. Once you become aware of that, you see it all the time. Yeah, agreed. I think it's mostly because left wing entities are much much easier to milk for profit. Than right wing entities, which tend to be, you know, all about self reliance and following rules or I've always would have just taken It's just, you know, humans are involved, and humans are emotional, and the left is an emotional thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and it also it's mats of the iron law of bureaucracy, which is another great law to memorize that over time, every institution, and this is the short version of it, grows less to be about its actual purpose and more to be about protecting the institution or protecting the bureaucracy, to the point that you know, in the latter stages of a Department of Labor or something like that, nobody even knows what they're supposed to do except continue to exist, continued ad staff and keep their budget. And oh and I'm sorry. And my point being that that very orientation is very leftist. It's very you know, we've got to maintain the bulk of the bureaucracy. I've got a story about myself I want to tell later that will cause you to slap.
Speaker 1: Your head and wonder about me. I wonder about myself. It is a self reveal that is very, very embarrassing. You should wonder about yoursel else. It's called introspection, Jack, speaking of one of our other favorite sayings. If you don't know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself. Hey, this one isn't hard. This is a what is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, so sorry to hear that. I've got that story coming up a little bit later. Look forward to getting into that.
Speaker 2: Oh. I realized what my personal hell would be. I actually said to my wife as we were walking the dog, sweetheart, and need to clean up my act and be a better person, because I just realized what Satan would damn me too, my personal hell, and it has to do with never ending leaf blowers. There would be three to four leaf blowers around me every moment of my god forsaken literally suffering in eighties, just constantly blowing and repige. If it were hell, though, it would have to be like seven point thirty on a Sunday morning, because that's what makes it worse. I hate them always, But the fact that this is a beautiful, pristine, quiet weekend morning.
Speaker 1: Right next door.
Speaker 2: If I ever gotten used to my suffering, you know what Satan would add someone trying to talk to me over the sound of it that I couldn't understand because it was so loud. So mixing that frustration or with the hellish din least blower. Okay, so we've got lots of get too. We've got mail bag on the way. I'll mention how the text are running on Epstein. I'm wondering if anybody in our audience is interested about it today. It's not scientific in any way, but I can tell you how the results have gone.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned in my.
Speaker 2: Searching for stuff to talk about on Twitter in various places and listening to podcasts the topic of back in the fifties, on one income, you could have a nice house you owned and garn and blah.
Speaker 1: Blah blah, blah blah.
Speaker 2: Now you can't. As to the whole affordability thing that I have. The elections all might be about for the foreseeable future for both parties want to talk about that a little bit. We have in the past, but we need to talk about it more looking forward to that. So has anybody assembled here today been pressured into repeating something they didn't believe to be true, or sat in a classroom being browbeaten into believing the country was I don't know, for instance, founded on racism, or that men can declare themselves women and shamed into silence. You'll love our freedom loving quote of the day, Continuing on our series from John Stuart Mills on liberty society, canon does execute its own mandates, and if it issued its wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all, in things which it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression. Wow, there's something that is not well understood and very hard to control, impossible to control really? Oh yeah, yeah. Mill was a believer not only in freedom from government oppression, but also a tolerance of competing ideas obviously the marketplace of ideas in general. And he was trying to tell people in a very different time. Hey, keep an open mind. That's why every bit is true.
Speaker 1: Now, That's why I.
Speaker 2: Like conversations about the culture of free speech. When anybody throws it at you know, the you know, the First Amendment is specifically Congress blah blah blah. The culture of free speech is important, two different things. Yeah, I agree completely, mailbag. Speaking of exercising your rights drop is a note mail bag at Armstrong Ageeddy dot com Brian from Kansas City with a nice note guys our one of the show the other day. I have to say, poor Michaelangelo. The man's done with his Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving, and Jack asks like he just announced he's starting a TikTok Dan's career. The beating of Michaelangelo is completely inappropriate for declaring that the Christmas season has begun. Jack is the gold medal procrastinator here. If they're an Olympic of and for waiting until December twenty fourth to start shopping, he'd be the Simone Biles of last minute panic. Meanwhile, Mike Clientelow's over here with everything wrapped labeled in alphabetized. The guy probably has a spreadsheet of stocking stuffers. Instead of mocking him study his methods are just appoint him director of Holiday logistics for TEAMM and G. He's operating on a level the rest of us mortals can't comprehend. Can it be somewhere between waiting for the last minute and finishing mere Christmas shopping in the.
Speaker 1: Summer like Michael Einlode.
Speaker 2: Oh. The beating continues from the bidderl. Thanks for listening to us on FM and Kansas City. I wish we were on more FM stations. Yeah, Brian, don't make this the last time. You're right. That's great. And then we're going to feature one email in particular from Rob s Guys. He writes, the recent discussion on the show about the trend to younger Americans towards socialist thinking is really disturbing. I like Joe's analogy with grades. You know, everybody gets a be since most people can understand that immediately. Here's another argument. Often capitalists will ask a socialist to name one country where socialism has worked, and they'll cite Sweden, for instance, since there's little evidence there of the social tensions that are seen in other country cultures. Actually there are now, but more on that later. Okay, great, So what are the facts Sweden's meeting in the household income is thirty nine thousand dollars per year. The poverty threshold in the US for a four person household is thirty two thousand dollars a year, so half of Sweden is living just above the US poverty level. There's the question of buying power society to society, which can change those numbers a little, but the point still remains. I think Sweden's average household income is even less thirty three K year, just at the US poverty level. Compare that to the US with a median income of eighty thousand dollars an average income of one hundred and forty four K. So what does that mean Americans have a much higher standard of living than Swedes? Why in the global economy. The answer is simple. Americans are four times on average as productive as Swedes because capitalism motivates people to work harder and take bigger risks. It does because there are rewards and more subtle. In Sweden, the average income is less than the median. What that means is that the poor are more poor than the median because the rich are more rich than the median. Wow, that sucks. Isn't the whole point of socialism to make sure nobody gets left behind? Not only are people just barely above the US poverty threshold, but a lot of them are way below it. If I was in the US, if I was going to argue against that, and I'm not on the side that would really want to. But let's be John Stuart mill here and steal man the argument they regularly rank at the top in the world of life satisfaction being happy people. That has declined precipitously in the Nordic countries the Scandinavian countries as they let in way too much immigration and the homogeneity, nuity, gnuity of their societies, the fact that they are all pretty similar people, same culture, same religions which are generally atheism, etc. Has now changed and they are being torn apart doing non assimilating immigrants.
Speaker 1: PhD dissertation on that whole topic.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord, Yes, The only possible counter I could see for this is for a socialist to say money isn't everything well good in America. You're free to be poor and live like a Swede. Just make sure you act like one too, and live contentedly at the poverty level and quit complaining. Which fight fits in a little bit with the topic we need to get to on the hole. In the fifties, one guy could earn enough money to support his whole family in buy house and.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And then a Rob has makes his final fabulous argument, Joe, I know, Jack, I know your redneck background is struggling with owning an electric vehicle. Not super fast, but still. I have a solution. It's a hybrid smoke pressure cooker. You can install it on the better your truck with a stack vented to a fake tailpipe. When your social justice neighbors flip you off, pull up to them, throw the vent switch in the cab and coal roll their ass, just like you would add pack in Kansas.
Speaker 1: There you go, roll and coal.
Speaker 2: Cole on me the other day, guy in a great, big truck, I want to show me in my stupid cyber truck. Hey, you didn't take that, idiot. I need to put a sign in my window which is true. I also own a big giant diesel truck. I have both. I'm the only one in America who has both. I am making I like them both. I'm making no political statement. Find out how crazy to believe you drive a car with no politics in mind. Yet another concept that if you try to explain to so many fifteen years ago, they wouldn't know what you were talking about. The politics around the car you drive. I know we have a car. We have a lot on the way. I hope you can stick around. Armstrong and Getty