Speaker 1: Welcome in. We'll driving the Great episode three eighty seven. This episode, as always, is presented to you by our friends at boost Mobile. Demn's a huge show today. We're actually hitting three sports. Obviously, Chiefs Bills, game of the weekend, the midpoint of the NFL regular season was last night in a somewhat underwhelming Monday night football game, So we'll get to all of that. There is something I need to say about. This is kind of a takes on takes segment, but it's also about Brownie James, and we're gonna get to a little NBA later in the show, and right near the top of the show, we're gonna do World Series stuff because it'll be brief because I know people want to hear my potential pain about Chiefs Bills, but I don't know how as a sports fan you get over that loss if you're the Blue Jays. So we will get to all of that over the next hours. So how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm doing pretty good, Pops. How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good, Excited for the show, Excited for I have a trick planned for first things first today that I don't want to reveal because I don't want anyone to spoil it, but there is. I'm very excited for the TV show and well again we'll talk about what we might revisit this on Thursday. But today the TV show, hopefully always, is pretty good. Today I have something special planned, so I'm excited for that and excited to talk to you guys. By the way, reminder to everyone, please like, rate, subscribe, review to the pod to our channel. It really does help us out. It lets you know when we go live, do three or four of these a week. Subscribe on YouTube, subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, all of that right now, quickly straight the voicemail brought to you by our friend at boost Mobile. The Dolphins part ways with General Andrew Chris Greer, and that is likely going to be phase one of a three phase teardown. Chris Greer will be first. Mike McDaniel, I know there is some reporting, if you can call NFL insiders reporting these days. By the way, thank god Jade and Daniel who we saw his elbow go backwards. The insiders explained to us, not as bad as it could have been. Man. That's so fortunate because so often those NFL insiders say to us, holy shit, that injury is way worse than we thought. Man, oh man, I mean we are on a seven hundred injury streak in a row streak of you know what could have been worse. So that's the talk about Jaden. I feel sick for Jaden. Yeah, and we'll get to that later because this is where I have to wear the black hat and have the unpopular take that everyone knows is correct. But we will wait on that. So how did I even get there? I don't even remember know how we got there?
Speaker 2: Uh oh?
Speaker 1: Because I was saying the insiders were saying Mike McDaniel's job might be safe. I would be shocked by that. So Chris Breer is part one, Mike McDaniel's Part two, and then two of course is part three job back from his suspension. He's he's gonna blow it. He's gonna blow the whole thing. And this is where I once again Demon's present my mercurial talented but underachieving Southeastern point guard three way trade where John Moran goes to Charlotte, Lamello goes to Atlanta, and Trey Young goes to Memphis. I asked, once again, who says no? Like?
Speaker 2: Why is well?
Speaker 1: Can we please just.
Speaker 2: Send new scenery.
Speaker 1: Everybody needs some new scenery. Listen, Atlanta probably is like we would rather have Job than Trey All I'm sorry, rather have Jovan LaMelo. The problem is we're not fixing jobs problems by sending him from Memphis to Atlanta. I think the Appalachian Mountains in North Carolina could do him some good. And Cam Little hits a sixty eight yard field goal, and his record barely stood for a day because Brandon Aubrey tried to beat it last night. All right, Demante, before we get to Bill Chiefs, before we get to Bronni in the rest of week nine, let's do a little World Series.
Speaker 2: So we obviously had a crazy weekend of NFL football, but yeah, the World Series came to a conclusion on Saturday. It was a crazy Game seven, so let's talk about yeah.
Speaker 1: So listen, Congrats to the Dodgers. Congrats to anyone who took my advice given on this pod and on TV that I did not take. And I am sick to my stomach on when I said before the World Series on this pod that Yamamoto at thirty two to one to win MVP, I thought was decent. And then after Game two and then Thursday before Game five on this pod, I said Yamamoto was still sixteen to one. I ain't got to good MVP bet, and then I didn't make it. I am just I can't believe it. And by the way, I needed some wins this weekend because I fired on the Chiefs. More on that in a minute. But so that was a disaster by me. Credit to Dave Roberts for great managing. Credit to the Dodgers for in Game seven being like, our weakness all year was the bullpen. So what if we have four guys pitch, but there are four starters that we just don't even have to worry about the bullpen. So the Dodgers are deserving champs. Do I think they were better in that series? I don't, but they're deserving champs. With that said, if you're the Blue Jays, I just don't know how you ever get over it. That is as haunting of a series loss as I think you will ever see in sports. And I understand the twenty eleven Rangers twice were one strike away from winning the World Series.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: This to me feels more cruel because if you're a Blue Jays fan, who, by the way, right now, tell me in the doc on hard Rock bet where the Blue Jays are for World Series odds next season. I bet they're not in the top six. So it's not like, oh, we'll be right back there. And by the way, my team, the Royals, lost a seven game heartbreaker, wasn't expected to be back, and then came back the next year and won it. So maybe the Blue Jays can do the same. But when you go over that series, if you're a Blue Jays fan and you think back to all the moments, you could have won the eighteen inning game. So they're tied for the six best odds at fifteen pardon me, fifteen to one, and the eighteen inning game is not even one of the four or five biggest heartbreaks. You think to Game six, when you have second and third one out, down one, Well, you think to the fact that you were going home up three to two, and then in Game six, bottom nine, second and third, one out, and it looks like you're gonna get a little blooper to score at least one and have the tying run on third with one out, and then it's caught and you're doubled off. Then you think to Game seven, you can get an insurance run in the eighth man on second, nobody out. You strand it. You give up a home run two outs away from the World Series to a guy who has hit one home run in the last six weeks. Then after all that, you have bases loaded, one out, bases loaded, one out, a chopper to the same guy who ripped your heart out by the way before you. The one out is because it looked like Vladdie Guerrero Junior hit a walk off home run to win the World Series warning track shot. And if either doesn't get a good enough secondary lead, or it's just unlucky, or he's just not quite fast enough, or he doesn't slide right, whatever it is, you're out at home by an inch by one inch, but still that's just two outs. Then you hit a bomb to left center and the guy who is just put in for defense crashes into the center field and the left fielder and catches it, so you don't win there. And then in the eleventh you're down a run second and third, I'm sorry, first and third, one out and break your bat double play.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: That is as gutting a Championship Series loss as you will ever see. People can say like people compared it to the Spurs and the ray Allen game. I don't know, this was worse. The Spurs were the under like the Spurs in the ray Allen game were trailing in the fourth quarter with two minutes left the and then had game seven. The Heat were not infirm control, but control like I don't you can say the if we again, if we want to switch it to basketball. The Warriors up three to one in the finals, but games five and six of those finals they got blasted. That Blue Jays had so many chances to win a championship, and didn't I feel sick for him.
Speaker 2: I feel after you're saying, like the Blue until the very last second, that they were going to win. Those other teams, Yes, it seemed like they were done a long time ago, so it was no reason to believe. I get it.
Speaker 1: I up three to two going home, chance to steal Game six, up with two outs or with one out in the ninth inning, and then two great chances to walk it off in the bottom of the ninth and then a great chance to at least tie it, if not win it, in the eleventh, and you just get beat up.
Speaker 2: Hey. Either way, it sounds like some exciting stuff. Should we start buying some stock into baseball? Maybe talking more baseball next year?
Speaker 1: I listen, I do love playoff baseball. And did you see the rating for it demon day?
Speaker 2: I did not? What was it?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna you're that this is and then we'll get the chief spills. I promise. Sixteen million people watched Game seven of the NBA Finals last year. Okay, Pacers thunder. Sixteen million people watched in America. How many people do you think watched Game seven Dodgers Blue Jays in America?
Speaker 2: We don't. We don't get to I'll go fifty six.
Speaker 1: You went, you said fifty sixty six. Fifty six, okay, twenty six. So you you're you're bad at these games.
Speaker 2: I'm terrible because I don't have a good gauge. But that but yeah, so.
Speaker 1: The but my point is the fact that it did more than fifty percent more than Game seven of the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: Like baseball is more America sports than basketball is, all right? Or is it just like different when it comes to the finals.
Speaker 1: The world's been and it's kind of ebbed and flowed. But right now like baseball's hot right now, I sound like Trump, Sorry, but like, uh, the so and I thought these playoffs were awesome. I thought these playoffs were really great. And Daniel says team market size. I get that, but we don't get credit for Canada. One of the baseball teams is in a market that doesn't count for the ratings. So like as small as Indianapolis and Oklahoma City are. Yeah, yes, LA is bigger than OKC and in Indianapolis combined, but not not enough to make up for that. The rating wasn't because of Los Angeles like it. That certainly helped, But no, that was a great it's a great postseason for baseball. All right, let's get to Bills chiefs.
Speaker 2: All right, it's that time. So the Bills won their Super Bowl against your Kansas City Chiefs. Uh. Kansas City is heads into the by five and four as the eight seed, and the Bills are the favorite to win the one seed. How are you? How do you want to do this one? How are you feeling? I mean, well, they did get the first one. They got the first one, so now they'll get him in the postseason if the rules are I mean.
Speaker 1: That's that's the way it goes. But I let me give Buffalo credit because I got listen. I picked the Chiefs. I bet the Chiefs. I did not think the Bills defense, even if the Chiefs had their typical regular season against Buffalo Vanilla game plan, I did not think the Bills defense would be able to keep up with Kansas City. And not only they keep up with Kansas City. They dominated most of that game, and Josh played great and Patrick played really shaky. That was the first game in Patrick's entire career he completed less than fifty percent of his passes, and they pressured the Chiefs at will, and the Bills were the far better team. It was a miracle. The Chiefs had multiple possessions down seven and fourth quarter, and that last possession when McDermott chose to go for a field goal, was coaching malpractice. You have to punt there, like the going for that field goal and giving the Chiefs a short field when they're only gonna have twenty three or twenty two seconds if you punt is just insanity. I couldn't believe he did it. But set that aside, Buffalo steadied themselves. Buffalo stayed very alive for their division as the Patriots have just a cake schedule moving forward, and Buffalo ran the ball great, Josh was awesome, and the defense, which was my concern with them, more than stepped up. So all of that is true. That can be true, while it's also true that this does not change my opinion one percent about what a Chiefs Bill's playoff game could look like. And I thought the Bill's young secondary players Cole Bishop and Xavier Hairston after the game talking about the tells they saw on tape was a big unforced error. Save that infol kids like you're you're probably going to have to play this team again, and so listen, Kansas City has its work cut out for him. But the whole if the playoffs started today thing is just meaningless to me. The playoffs don't start today. They have eight more games to play. If I now, did this hurt their chances of winning the division? Sure do? I still right now? Would I still pick them to win the division? I would? And I think that the Chiefs are going.
Speaker 2: To they them as the Super Bowl favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're the best team I mean, And I'm curious if they're going to add a running back or a defensive lineman or both or neither at the deadline. But they added yesterday the most important piece they could add, which is Josh Simmons came back. Yep, so Josh Simmons is back. And again no, no, I'm not making any excuses. The Bills dominated the Chiefs, okay, But as far as why it could be different in the playoffs, the Chiefs, by the second half of that game were without three of their five starting offensive linemen, and without Isaiah Pacheco. They're starting running back, all of whom you expect to be back for the playoffs. Now you can say, well the Bills was out at Oliver, but at Oliver's should be out. Go ahead. What were you saying?
Speaker 2: I was about to say, Isaiah Pacheco con. I don't know what that's gonna do for.
Speaker 1: Us, But well, it's better than Clyde, I mean better than and so and again maybe they trade for Breese Hall today. We'll see, but the one seed is going to be Look, so the real damage that was done is if they had a shot at the one seed that dwindled massively yesterday. I think the Pats might end up the one seed, like we'll see. But as far as you want to win the division, you want to have home playoff games. I'm not ignoring any of that. With that piece of it said, I don't really know, Like it doesn't seem like there's going to be any soft spots in the AFC playoffs. Like if the AFC Playoffs are in one order or another, Bill's Patriots AFC North winner, So that's either Steelers or Ravens, Colts, Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers, which are the odd Like that would be the Jags out Chargers in the I don't even know who. You would say, Oh, I hope to get to play that team in Round one, and so I just obviously you wouldn't want to play if you're The Bills are the Chief's biggest threat. There's no doubt about that. They have been year after year. They just can't beat them when it matters the most. And I've been on the record that one day I think they will. I just don't think that day is today.
Speaker 2: Do you like the of the bye? I think the buye kind of came in a rough spot.
Speaker 1: No, I like it. I actually like that the.
Speaker 2: THESS good for Josh Simmons to be out for so long.
Speaker 1: Correct it's very good for Josh Simmons. But here's the other thing because and this is where I'm just gonna look at it a little differently than most because people are gonna talk about the Chiefs second half of the season's schedule and talk about the records of the teams they face. So let me see what the and we can put the I know we can throw up the schedule, but I want to do something. I'm doing something a little different, which is strength of schedule, more strength of remaining strength of schedule. So the Chiefs right now are dead average, They're fifteenth as far as remaining strength of schedule. That's not what I'm focused on. What I'm focused on is this. The first half of the season, the Chiefs played the following quarterbacks Justin Herbert, Jalen, Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Jared Goff, the Prince, Josh Allen, along with Russ.
Speaker 2: Jackson, Do Gino.
Speaker 1: It no, they didn't play Jackson. They played Russ in his last game, oh Russell, Wilson, Gino, and Mariota. So they played six of the best quarterbacks in football. The rest of the year, the quarterbacks they face are bow Knicks twice Daniel Jones, cam Ward Gino again, and then Dak who's really good, but that defense is abhorrent. CJ. Stroud, who is fine, but that offense is abhorrent, and Justin Herbert again. So the quarterbacks they play soften up enough right now. And I said it on the show yesterday, I'll say it again. I think they're gonna go twelve and five. I think they sweep the Broncos. I think they get the win against the Chargers. I think they have one loss, I don't know what it is, and they end up winning the division. We'll see if I'm right about that. But that's why I'm not panicked, and I think Hard Rock Bet in Vegas is smart to not be panicked as either, And go ahead, pal Oh Casey.
Speaker 2: Hasn't won a game when they're when they allowed twenty one plus points? Is that something or nothing?
Speaker 1: So that's I put that in the nothing bucket along with the their zero to four and one score games stat I put that in the nothing bucket because would people feel better if they hadn't blown out the Lions and Ravens if they had just won those like if they if the Lions and Ravens wins were closer, then they'd be two and four. Like, so I don't really care about that piece of it. And I the the Chiefs have had, you know, some really good games and some ugly games. I the Jags game is the game that if they don't win the division, if they do get a rough seed, you're gonna look back on and say, we blew it. We were up double digits early. You had control of that game. The mahome like, that's the game, and we'll see how they respond to it. But I still think that I think post By they're gonna have the best offense in football. And I'm still not scared of Denver. Maybe that'll be my famous last word, but I watched Denver every single week and Boonicks is a gamer, and he is he has been clutched, but man, that offense is so bad for the first three quarters, weekend week out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so everybody, everybody's always cooking Patrick Mahomes about his sideline, theatrics and his slide and stuff.
Speaker 1: Josh Flopper in the league, Yeah, five years has been Josh. It's not even close.
Speaker 2: Head back, yes.
Speaker 1: And and we want to talk about rule changes. Here's a rule that I think could be implemented and have instant effect. If you make that whiplash motion with your head, it automatically triggers that you have to be checked for a concussion because that that so like fair is fair if you're going to try to take advantage of the fact that the NFL has put a real emphasis on protecting you, on protecting you and concussion protocol and try to get a cheap fifteen yards like that one. The one from Josh this weekend was egregious. It was egregious. It's like the right, so the the tax on that is all right, go in that blue tent. Miss a few plays and your answer to the you know, unaffiliated neurological consultant who I think the name is. No, I was just faking, then, so be it. But then you gotta own it. All right. We'll get to Monday Night football in a second, but a reminder. Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, a Hard Rock Bet. Great week to dry out the Hard Rock Bets Sportsbook app because there's so much going on, not just weeked in football, NBA, college football, college hoops all share the stage, always something to bet on if you haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet yet, there's still time for you to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but one hundred fifty dollars in extra bonus bets. And if you're looking for an edge before you lock in, check out the hard Rock Bets stats Huh. It's loaded with trend streaks and stats to help guide your picks. Numbers don't lie, and neither does the data in there. Here's something that stood out to me. Josh Jacobs scored a touchdown in thirteen straight games against NFC opponents. Detroit has won as a favorite following a straight up loss twelve times in a row. That's pretty good. Check out the stats up now, get the edge and bet with confidence. Hard Rock Bets Sportsbook apps the only legal sportsbook for whenever you're in Florida, and it's also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, and Colorado coming soon to more states. Plus, hard Rock Bet offers new promos every day, so wherever you're listening. Just open the app and check out what they've got. Any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit, payble and bonus bets. Not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight eight Admit it. In Indiana. If you were someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, before we get to Brownni in the rest of week nine, let's get to last night's game.
Speaker 2: All right, So the Cowboys got humiliated last night. Arizona was just taking the ball from him att Will. So we know Dallas's defense is garbage and the trade deadline is ending here pretty soon. What do you think what moves should they make?
Speaker 1: What should they should be sellers not buyers? And did you see the trade they already they made last night this morning, demanse, they traded hold On. I'm gonna tell you. They traded for Logan Wilson, who has been He's a linebacker who has been benched by the Bengals defense. The Bengals are in the team beauty right now because the defense is so bad. The al Golden Bengals de coordinator is like, we knows even though Logan Wilson, you're a team captain, we can't use you, even though we're the worst defense in the league. And they traded a seventh round pick for him. It is the Cowboys are done. They're done. They have had plenty of opportunities to not be done, and they're you look, they're now three to five and one. They they were favorites last night. They the Cardinals dominate them, even though they get a blocked punt touchdown. They lost all they lost to the Panthers. The they they could have stolen that Packers game. They had plenty of opportunity unities to not be done. But now after the Raiders game in two weeks, Demons, they go Eagles, Chiefs, Lions. They're finished. Yeah, so I'm done thinking about the Cowboys as even a frisky spoiler like they listen, they're dangerous week to week because the offense can be that good. But they're done now. The more interesting thing from that game is once again, Arizona's offense is better with Jacoby Brissett than with Kyler Murray. Now, the head coach, Jonathan Gannon says Kyler's gonna be back when he's healthy. I don't know, man, Kyler seemed people thought he was healthy yesterday, they didn't playing and the offense hummed. The question is who does Kyler play for next year? Potential teams the Jets, the Steelers, of Rogers retires, the Browns. There was one other team that I had on my list. I'm trying to remember. Who is the other team that I thought.
Speaker 2: You now bucking off? Oh? Maybe my name?
Speaker 1: I don't think the Dolphins can deal with Toua's cap hit and trading for Kyler. Uh. There was one other team that I had on my list yesterday. Oh in the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think you would, bug GINO. I didn't think you.
Speaker 1: Do a full teardown. But Kyler is not going to be on the Cardinals next year. Kyler is going to be available next year. Listen Classic one or Classic two. I guess eventually, right, Kyler is too small and when the one of the reasons the offense works better with Jacoby is because they want to be able to hit routes over the middle of the field and Kyler cannot see him. Sorry, pro sports doesn't have to be fair. It is what it is. Too small. And I also, you know, I don't know that he is beloved in that locker room. I think it's fair to say. And so his time with the Cardinals is coming to an end. They I think they should just accept it and keep playing Jacob because he's get a better chance to win. All right, let's get to the other story of the day that I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we just wrapped up the first half of the NFL season with Sunday, So this is a perfect time to talk about Bronnie James. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So here's the deal, And this is a little about Bronnie and this is more about media criticism. But a little over a little less than a year ago, we were in full blown Bronni James meltdown in the media about the scourges of nepotism and Lebron forcing the Lakers into such a mistake and pleading with Lebron as a father to stop this farce, and folks claiming that their heart just goes out to the other potential draftees who got snubbed because the Lakers wasted the fifty to fifth pick on Bronni. And now the last two games, the Lakers, who are super shorthanded. Sunday night, we're in a tight game with Miami, played Bronni in crunch time. He played really good defense, had one awesome driving kick for a critical three, and they won eighteen minutes solid you know, end of the bench performance. And then yesterday in a game where Lebron was out, Luca was out, and Austin Reeves was out, they called on Bronnie again against the Blazers when the Blazers were double digit favorites, and Bronni played nineteen minutes, had six assists, had no turnovers, and the Lakers won again. Now, do I think Bronni is a great player. Not? Do I think Brownie is even going to be a rotation guy this year for the Lakers when they're healthy. No do. I think if we are going to be fair and we are going to look at this objectively, we should say, hey, how does his production up to this point in the season compare to the other guys drafted in the second half of the first round. I think that's fair. So if you go picks forty five through I think there were only fifty eight in that draft, oddly instead of sixty, and you're like, oh, so of those fourteen guys, seven of them are not on an NBA roster, so you know, he certainly is providing more value than those seven. Of those fourteen guys, only Quinton Posts, Jamal shed and Cam Spencer have played more minutes. Okay, of those fourteen guys, only Jamal Shd and Cam Spencer have more assists. Of those fourteen guys, only Cam Spencer has more steals of though now Bronnie is is field goal percents like twenty percent. He hasn't shot much, but I think he's you know, he I think he's one for I think he's two for eleven on the season, so obviously he's not he's not shooting the ball well, he's not shooting the ball much, but you look at that draft and all the crying that was done. Pick forty seven has not played, is not on a roster. Pick forty eight has played eleven minutes. Pick forty nine, pick fifty pick fifty one has not played or on G League teams. Pick fifty two Quinton Post has actually been solid for the Warriors, and pick fifty three Cam Spencer's been solid for the Grizzlies. Pick fifty four not on a roster, Pick fifty five Bronnie pick fifty six, pick fifty seven G League or not on a roster, and pick fifty eight forty apologies has played forty minutes for the Knicks and has been given, you know, slightly less production than Bronni. Right in line with it. Whole point is Bronnie James has been a slightly above average late second round pick. That's what he's been as a pro, A slightly above average late second round pick. That's it. And the folks that used him as a cudgel because they hate lebron should be embarrassed. That's the Brownie James update. Good for him for being pressed into service for all of a sudden a frisky Lakers team that got to win as a double digit under dog without its three best players, and good for him for playing his first ever crunch time NBA minutes the night before and just looking the part of oh, yeah, that looks like the eleventh best guy on an NBA team. That's what he looks like. Yeah, I'm happy for him, and so uh it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: I thought embarrassing some of the coverage last season when he had that bad five minute stretch. I forget even who it was against. And I'm glad that he didn't let that throw him, and so good for him. All right, now we can get to the other NFL games.
Speaker 2: So yeah, surprising games are one of the more surprising things over the weekend. The Colts offens has looked pretty good, has been humming all season. Pittsburgh defense has not looked good and has been allowed anything to happen on the football field. Do you think that this game was well? Obviously the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Colts as well. Yeah, Do you think that this is their identity or was this like more of a fluke situation in this game?
Speaker 1: A little bit of fluke for both but also the Steelers defense had no business being a bottom three defense. It was going to be better than that. And the Colts offense had no business being not only the best offense in football, but one of the best offenses in NFL history, So that all of that water was gonna find its level to a degree. And Jonathan Taylor's awesome. Shane Steichen is a very good play designer, and you know, you can give credit to the Colts while also recognizing that what they were doing was not going to be sustained. And listen, they get they have the falcons in Germany or something, so yeah, I think it's Germany Sunday morning. Then they get a bye, and then it's the Chiefs, and that will be obviously the litmus test. They're going to be a playoff team. They're they're a good story. But I am not going to apologize for my lack of Colts belief. And my take all last week was the everyone seems fine with the media mostly ignoring the Seahawks. Uh when the Sea because the Seahawks have two losses. But then everyone wants to get on their high horse and be like the media has an obligation to take the cult seriously. Because the Colts had one loss, and I'm like, no, we don't. And now the Colts, the Culture one of many two loss teams. They're a cool story and a bad division with a fun, you know, resurgent quarterback who deep down you know that five turnover game didn't shock you. And we'll see how they call.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, what are the Colts going there and be Kansas City like this?
Speaker 1: That'll be something, that will be something because the Chiefs need the games now, So go beat Kansas City and you'll have my attention. But I'll tell you what I think is more likely. So the Cult are seven and two, I would anticipate they'll beat the Falcons, then off the buy lose, the Chiefs fall to eight and three, and then they go Texans Jags, Seahawks, Niners Jags Texans. So how many games is that? Seven games? Could the Colts go three and four starting with the Chiefs game? Absolutely they could. I would expect them to lose in Kansas City and Seattle, and then even if you win three out of four against Houston and Jacksonville, if the Niners beat you, you're three and four. So it's a good story, it's not it's it's not more than that, all right.
Speaker 2: Next, the Packers, another surprise of the weekend, lost to the Panthers. They were huge favorites in that game. What's going on with green Bay was as a trap? We know they got Philly ahead or green Bay just not as good as everybody thought they were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean maybe maybe a little everything. Man. Jeannie had a crazy stat which called it going, yeah, going going into that game. The Packers last ten games as touchdown or more favorites, they had only won, not covered. They had only won four of them that they had. They had five losses in a tie in their last ten as touchdown plus favorites. That's a team that does overlook teams. And Carolina and Carolina's five and four like Carolina's I don't know how, but Carolina is is in it. And it's also why Jordan Love is just hard to fully trust. His upside's huge, but it's hard to fully trust.
Speaker 2: Ever once he takes crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does crazy stuff and stuff. I also think this weekend we had two massive injuries in the NFL, Joe allt for the Chargers and Tucker Craft for the Packers. Like those are those are really really tough injuries and.
Speaker 2: Packers.
Speaker 1: Now, he's been unbelievable. The Packers Demons have one easy game left and it's on the road against the Giants. Every other game they play is either a divisional game or against Baltimore, Philly or Denver. That's a tough schedule, man. Every team they play. Are the Vikings at five hundred now I don't even remember I think they are. Uh the Vikings are four and four and the Bears are five and three, So that means, aside from the Giants game, they don't have a game left against a team with a losing record. Now, maybe you could argue they take lightly the team's a losing record, so it could be good, but uh, I don't. I think the Packers are gonna be okay. But somebody is gonna be left without a chair in that NFC playoff picture. Like that's the thing in the AFC. If you don't believe in the Jags, it's very easy to know who's gonna be in the playoffs. It's gonna be three from the AFC West, one from the South, one from the North, and two from the East. And you kind of know who those teams are with the North coming down to it. If you do believe in the Jags, then one of those AFC West team is going to be left without a chair. NFC is very different right now. The Bears are five and three and out of the playoffs. The Lions are five and three and the seven seed, so there's not a lot of margin for Aeron. If you're a Green Bay and you're like, we have two losses this season as double digit favorites, that's a rough one, and then a tie as a nine point favorite, that's no good. All right, So you think about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen pros I an the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store or the headache of transferring all your data. Good news, when you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home or work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes. No hassled is it boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchase at boostmobile dot com. Terms do apply, all right, Demanse, Let's try this mid season recap before we get to the quick hitters of these other games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're midway through the NFL season, and there are some things that you were spot on about, like the Bucks being good and the Bengals being bad. And there's some things that you were dead wrong about, like the Colts being bad and the Raiders being good. Uh, what were some of the big developments that you didn't see coming in this season?
Speaker 1: So I listen, The Colts would be the biggest one, I said, I though they could get the number one pick instead. You know right now they're the number one seed, so that is a stone with I'm glad you mentioned the Bengals because of this. I do not think it would be any different for them if Burrow were there. Flack's playing out of his mind. Their problem is that defense is dread and acting like, oh, we just got screwed because Burrow's not here. Is now maybe they would have won some of those Jake Browning games, But as far as their ability to contend that that die was cast in the offseason. So I listen, I got the Commander's wrong. The Commanders are now screwed because of Jaden's injury, but they were screwed before. They were gonna be three and six, you know, with Jaden healthy, and we'll talk more about them a in a bit. Uh. I'm trying to think. I thought the Patriots would be a playoff team, but I did not think they would be in contention for the number one seed. Obviously, people are gonna say, Nick, you got the Broncos wrong. I'm not sure I did. We'll wait and see. All.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have called it up to this point, and you called it last year. I mean last year.
Speaker 1: I said they were gonna be six and two and I wouldn't believe in them, and they started six and two and I didn't believe in them. Now I thought they would lose to the Texans, so I thought at this point they'd be six and three. But we'll wait and see. I'm trying to I did not see this season from hell potential for Baltimore, and I didn't see Pittsburgh's week link being its defense. Those things to me were missus to a degree. The NFC, aside from Washington, I was pretty solid on I think, and I well know I underrated Seattle. I underrated Seattle, and Seattle is a really good team.
Speaker 2: What's the fin on the Yeah, I was about to say on the NFC, you were kind of hesitant to go all in on the Rams because of his back injury. You would you go back and change that by this point, seeing what you've seen.
Speaker 1: Well, I do think I listen, I think I had a Bucks Rams NFC championship game, and I feel good about that right now. But the Rams are a little better than I thought they would be. The Bucks are what I thought they would be. But right now this moment, I know hard Rock disagrees with me, but I guess it not necessarily disagrees. I'm just he's not the favorite right now this moment. Matt Stafford's league MVP. He's been awesome, quietly awesome, and his numbers have been awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, next, All right, so seasons from Hell. We got Washington. They're three and six and they obviously just lost Jaden Daniels to that crazy injury. Houston is three and five and have struggled on offense, and they also just lost c J. Stroud for a little bit to a concussion. Cincinnati, like we just talked about, three and six, Burrows store hurt. The defense is garbage. It sounds like the offense might be in like an open rebellion against the defense at this point. But a rank the worst Seasons from Hell teams?
Speaker 1: All right? Number one's Washington cause they put a lot of resources into this season. They traded for Latimore last year, they traded for Tunsel, they traded for Deebo, They signed a lot of older veterans. The team is bad. The team is injured. And this is where I have to be unpopular. I feel sick for Jaden Daniels, but most quarterbacks arm does not bend that way if they take that hit, and people just like that. That was that. That part of that was he is so slim, and it is not a sport for skinny guys.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: And Jaden now has played twenty six games to Monsey. He has suffered cracked ribs, he has suffered spray me, he has heard his hamstring, which has nothing to do with his frame, and he's had his arm twisted backwards. So the reason Washington be the number one Season from Hell team is if you're a Washington fan, deep down, you're like, man, is this guy just gonna be an injury concern his whole career?
Speaker 2: And go ahead, I mean, yeah, I think he's definitely he's worth the struggle. I mean, you you play the guy and see if he's worth the talking stand up.
Speaker 1: But right now, right now, this moment, demanse, if you did that quarter that year quarterback redraft. Right now, this moment, Drake goes number one. But after this weekend, the game Caleb.
Speaker 2: Had, you're saying it could be open that I think.
Speaker 1: Caleb would be two. I think right now, if you ask all thirty two teams, I think the Jaden injury stuff is so concerning. So that's the other reason they have the biggest year from hell. Number two is Cincinnati because I they are not one offseason away from fixing that defense. They're gonna blow all of Burton, not all, but a lot of Joe Burrow's prime, just trotting out a non competitive defense, and Burrow, if I'm being fair, also a huge injury concern. Guys suffered a bunch of weird, different injuries. Houston. I I didn't have as high as hopes for Houston as other people did, maybe, and the defense has been as advertised, the offense just been brutals. So that's how I would rank it with Baltimore. Flying in and taking first place demonse if they missed the playoffs like now, like Baltimore missing the playoffs with Yes, Lamar got hurt, but they survived it. They went one and two without Lamar like that would be the ultimate Super Bowl or bus team missing the playoffs be unbelieva.
Speaker 2: You gotta we gotta have a new They're also saying Lamar weighs less than Daniels and his mystery of his last five seasons.
Speaker 1: No, listen Lamar, like you guys watch do you guys watch football? Does Lamar Jackson look like Lamar? First of all, Lamar shed weight intentionally. Second of all, Lamar is sturdy Lamar. When Lamar came out of college, he had a tyree kill neck like Lamar is. And by the way, Lamar has three times in his career missed significant portions of a season with injury. So the answer is kind of yes. But Lamar Is does not have the frame that Jaden has not at all. All. Right, you want to do these quick hitters, you got something else before we do it.
Speaker 2: Uh, you gotta have a category. I think you gotta come up with like a category four. I think you have two? Is it three? Categories.
Speaker 1: You gotta category one instantly correct, Category two eventually correct, Category three cartoonishly wrong. What's category he.
Speaker 2: Gotta have like a category where it's like I'm correct, but I don't want to be correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what that is? Great job, demons, great job. Okay, bring that to the TV show today. Oh hell yeah, let's go category four.
Speaker 2: Let's go right.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to be and if I'm proven right, I can't take a victory left right exactly like you just have to meekly be like I.
Speaker 2: Told you so. Yeah, exactly, that's right.
Speaker 1: That that great one.
Speaker 2: Category four, that's category four, are coming up quick hitters. First off, Thursday Night football, we had the Ravens defeating the Dolphins twenty twenty eight to six. Lamar's back, Yeah, Lamar's back.
Speaker 1: Lamar's awesome. There's no disputing that he was rusty for about a quarter and a half and then he was awesome again. And this this is where Ravens fans can get mad at me. I don't care. I watched that game. I did not think your defense looked amazing. I know you allowed six points. I thought the Dolphins left so much meat on the bone in that first half. The Dolphins had so many opportunities. They got the ball within the thirty yard line six times in that game, and that doesn't count the time they had a bomb taking off the field or a bomb called back by penalty thanks to the worst tripping call of the season. Like I think the Ravens even still a concern.
Speaker 2: Next forty nine Ers defeating the Giants thirty four to twenty four.
Speaker 1: This is like Kyle Shanahan's masterpiece. Man even I didn't think he could get this out of Mac Jones, and the Giants are just done. The Broncos loss ended the Giants season and it might also end up costing the Chiefs the division. I'll never get over Brian Dable having Jackson Dart throw that pass with five minutes left up too scores. But Christian McCaffery, they're just gonna work him to death and Max playing well. So shout out to the Giants, I mean shout out to the Niners.
Speaker 2: Next, Chargers defeat the Titans twenty seven to twenty Yeah.
Speaker 1: At what the well?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: The The Titans scored two non offensive touchdowns, a special teams touchdown and a pick six, but the Joe ald injuries just devastating for him. And if the Chargers, what are the I absolutely I think the final playoff spot in the AFC is gonna come down to the Prince and Herbert. It's just great theater. And by the way, they play in Jacksonville in two weeks, and that because the Chargers still.
Speaker 2: The last time they played them was that it was the last time they played it. It wasn't I don't.
Speaker 1: Think no, I don't think it was the playoff game. My guess is they've played well, let's see, they didn't play Lion.
Speaker 2: It's possible, It is totally possible.
Speaker 1: I feel it is the last time they played him. Great call by you. The last time they played them was the playoff meltdown. Great call by you, all right.
Speaker 2: Next, Vikings defeat the Lions twenty seven, twenty four. That was Oh my god, that was a shocker.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that killed you and killed me. Great game playing by Flores. Make golf look really uncomfortable. JJ McCarthy wasn't great, but he wasn't awful, made a few good plays. That's a great win by the Vikings. I'm not going to freak out about the Lions. That's just a great win by the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Next Patriot to defeat the Falcons twenty four to twenty three.
Speaker 1: Weird one because the Falcons were incredibly lucky to be in that game. It was about to be twenty four to seven at half, and then Drake May just drops the ball, the Falcons return return it almost for a touch down. Now, all of a sudden, it's twenty one to fourteen and a half, and all three of the Falcons touchdowns were just increasingly absurd. Drake London catches like just ridiculous Drake London catches. But then they did have a chance to tie the game, and Parker Romo, who the Patriots cut this offseason, just gags the extra point and then but the Patriots are a legit good team. They flatly are. It felt like they were gonna get a little unlucky in that game, but they didn't. They've now won six in a row.
Speaker 2: Next Belichick feel about all this? Uh, Broncos defeat the Texans eighteen to fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and Broncos fans are like, why won't you give us more credit again? Because I watched the games and your defense is awesome. Now, the most impactful player defense made in this game was a dirty hit on CJ. Shroud that knocked him out of the game, and then Davis Mills just out there with no shot whatsoever. But the Unco's defense is awesome even without Sirtane.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: That offense is so hard to watch. But they're seven and two and have a big margin of air now and the Texans are on life support.
Speaker 2: Next, Bears defeat the Angles in a shootout forty seven forty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that would have been a season ending loss for the Bears. They were up fourteen with two minutes left, just over two minutes left and picked off Flaco and then somehow they were down forty two to forty one after giving up an onside kick. Caleb with the best drive of his pro career, and Caleb was awesome, And so we here's we know Caleb can carve up bad defenses. He did it to Dallas, he did it to sanci But that's a huge win for the Bears. Get to five and three, win a game like that, steal it at the end after blowing it. Huge win by them and the Bengals. Listen, Flacco's been great. The Bengals are a mess.
Speaker 2: Next, Rams defeat the Saints thirty four to ten.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'm gonna be totally honest with the audience. Rams Saints and Jaggs Raiders might be the two Sunday games all year that I watched the absolute least of I didn't. I didn't. I I was solo screening Bill's Chiefs. So I know the Rams annihilated the Saints, and I know the Jaggs Raiders game went to overtime, which bad for the Raiders. They played a full overtime, lost it and now played Thursday and now play Thursday night against Denver. That's tough for them, all right. Last one, the Seahawks annihilated the Commander Seahawks, legit good team Like the Seahawks, the Seahawks are a legit good to really good team. Darnold's been awesome and Jackson Smith and Jigba's been fantastic. All right, let's get some listener questions.
Speaker 2: Uh Kingson says, as an English Chiefs fan since ninety two, this is my favorite show to listen to. Uh to, you guys both bring something unique and work so well. I love that you guys are family demonsiy as a natural. Thank you for both from England. Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's really awesome. Thank you Kingston. I love that. I really love that.
Speaker 2: It's a great time myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good, you're doing great pal and good reminder everyone like rate subscribe review.
Speaker 2: To this Caleb, Oh wait, sorry, does Flacco's performance at all change the perception of how highly Joe Burrow should be ranked among you? Good one?
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the deal. We all kind of like great Jalen hurts on a negative curve because it's like, well, look at the weapons of Yes, I did a whole I've done hours on brock party and the event. When you see Joe Flacco, fresh out the nursing home start throwing for three to twenty and thirty two points a game, it at least gives you a little pause about are we giving Joe cool just a touch too much credit? Just the little pause. I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: I thinks very fair. Yeah, very fair. Already asked, can we get one word about my four panthers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, this has been one of the biggest positive surprises of the season. When you started the year off one in three getting blown out by the Jags, losing a heartbreaker to the Cardinals getting blown out by the Patriots. It's just like, okay, it's just the same old Panthers. The thirty to zhering Falcons win was a fluke and the Panthers are a mess. Since then, You've won four out of five, including a shocking win against the Packers, and now your big favorites against the Saints to get to six and four and then have a game in Atlanta that'll be the biggest Panther game since Cam Newton was there. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: You're tied with the Vision.
Speaker 1: Yes, same record as the Chiefs, so shout out to you guys. The people are asking if first thing's first on the air today, Yes, definitely, and then Yannie is in the chat evidently saying I'm the MVP. I don't know if that's the real Yiannis or not, but he definitely is the MVP. So far this year, Holy smokes, Giannis has been unbelievable. Giannis is averaging thirty four thirteen and seven on sixty eight percent from the field sixty eight percent, and hit the game winner last night Jumper Turnaround. He's been unbelievable. Gianni's has been unbelievable. All right, great job Demanse. Uh, great job to Blue Duck and to Volume. A reminder everyone, please like great, subscribe review it really really does help us. Shout out to our great sponsors hard Rock, bat Boost, and of course is in. See you guys again on Thursday. Teeth look great, Demanse, talk to you guys soon. What's right,