Speaker 1: Hi there, I'm Tracy Allaway and I'm Jill Wisenthal. We are introducing you to the new Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg. The show brings you short episodes five minutes or less, covering the stocks making gains and losses in today's trading. Subscribe to Stock Movers on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere else you get your podcasts. Now. Here's a sample of the latest episode from our team at Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 3: The Stock Movers podcast your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move this week. In the week that was a little bit of a crazy one and some volatility, Emily Graffeo has the hard task of keeping track of it all. She's Bloomberg News Cross Auset reporter and she's joining us in studio. We got to start with the number one performing stock in the S and P five hundred this week, numont.
Speaker 5: This is so emblematic of the safe haven asset.
Speaker 2: That gold was this week.
Speaker 5: In a week where stocks were extremely volatile, Treasury bonds didn't quite work as that safe haven asset that they typically are expected to gold kept hitting record high after record high gold miner Numont actually had its best week since nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 4: That's nuts, that's nuts.
Speaker 6: What are we talking about?
Speaker 5: Did I go into my jewelry box and so I'm like, I start, I mean it was that I oh, no, I know.
Speaker 4: You think about Eh, that's from an old boyfriend. I'm not going to wear it anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm getting rid of it. Excuse me.
Speaker 6: I want to hear this story, don't you.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is with guys and girls like anything I've owned before my husband, I mean, you have time you kept well, there's like maybe one or he's like, no.
Speaker 2: I don't think i've gotten you know, I'm young, the guys are young. I've gotten like silver, so sure's some platinum. No, okay, anyway, continue.
Speaker 6: As long as it's not uranium.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, no, you wouldn't want to talk about it.
Speaker 6: We talked about uranium earlier this week, so that's why I bring it up. No uranium stocks. Yeah, well, where you were going when whenever your faz and the house, we're always talking stocks. Okay.
Speaker 2: It's like she goes process cuckoo.
Speaker 6: She goes process that, she does ETF, she does.
Speaker 4: Everything I know.
Speaker 5: And you know, Neumont is kind of it's cross acid. It is a stock, but it's representative of absolutely one of those assets that did really well this week. Anyway, it was up eight percent Friday, up twenty four percent on the week. It ended the week with an upgrade over at UBS. So they hiked their price target both for Neumont the stock and also for gold, and they said that the macro backdrop for gold is increasingly more supportive.
Speaker 4: So all right, let's go to Nvidia.
Speaker 2: Okay, In Nvidia, I'm going to go to performer for the week over.
Speaker 5: It was a top performer over the week, but it was up on Monday, it was down on Tuesday. It was up eighteen percent on Wednesday, then it was down six percent Thursday.
Speaker 2: It finished for.
Speaker 5: It's really a roller coaster. I mean, this is a stock that everyone watches. So not only is it trading on its own fundamentals, but it's also trading like the poster child for how are risk assets doing today?
Speaker 4: Can I just say it's down seventeen percent?
Speaker 2: You're to date?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we all forgot about the deep seek yeah, right, news that.
Speaker 2: Happened before tariffs.
Speaker 5: But I have heard a couple I've seen a few notes where analysts mentioned like, well, don't forget about the fact that all of these questions about the impetus for spending on AI and you know, how much demand is there really going to be for AI post deep sea?
Speaker 6: I mean, there are so many questions about that for the company this year you mentioned deep seek, there's the China everything happening with China, and then of course there's also, like you said, demand when it comes to US companies and the reports that we've gotten about US companies pulling back on data centers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you forgot the biggest stress point.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 4: What will be Jensen's next leather jacket?
Speaker 6: No, it's going to be a leather jacket.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a leather jacket.
Speaker 4: Well, what's wild is one of the best performing the S ANDP so up around a little bit more than seventeen percent for the week. Overall, it's still down seventeen percent year to date, which which is just remind you how rough a year it's been.
Speaker 5: Right, right, And it ended the week positive, But just like the S and P five hundred there were a lot of twists and turns, so you wouldn't expect that we would have. It doesn't feel like we ended the week up, even though we did.
Speaker 4: You mentioned the end of the week. We were all looking forward to the end of the week because the big bank earning started. And it's safe to say the one that we always want to see what they're doing and what their CEO is saying is JP Morgan.
Speaker 2: That's right. That stock was up on the week. It was up twelve percent.
Speaker 5: This is the biggest US bank, and it was interesting because in their earnings they had record equity markets revenue. It rose forty eight percent to a record three point eight one billion. This wasn't even counting the trading of this week because this was the prior quarter.
Speaker 1: It's a good point.
Speaker 2: So I thought that was an interesting tidbit.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that those equistrators made a lot more this week. And then, of course Jamie Diamond, CEO a top of JP Morgan. He is pretty vocal about his views on the economy, and he struck a cautious tone. He also said he expects a quote kerfuffle in the US treasury market that would prompt a FED intervention, which made me.
Speaker 4: Think about the book Nuffle Bunny.
Speaker 2: Did you ever read that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a little statue. Great kids, there's a nuffle Bunny statue at the library in Park Slope.
Speaker 4: I love nuffle Bunny.
Speaker 6: How cool is that?
Speaker 4: Not a kerfuffle but it's a enuffle Bunny.
Speaker 5: We have Goldman coming up next week, so that's another one that our Bloomberg listeners are very interesting.
Speaker 3: Williams.
Speaker 2: Remember mo Williams is the aufice of Williams.
Speaker 4: All right, Emily, thank you so much. Emily Graffeo Bloomberg News process at Reporter.
Speaker 3: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.