Speaker 1: And That's what You Really Missed with Jenna and Kevin an iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Podcast Welcome to and That's What You Really Missed Podcast twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Oh Lord, here we are. Here, we are twenty twenty four talking about a show in an episode that originally aired in twenty twelve. Yeah, happy New Year, Happy new year, Happy to be here, happy to be here.
Speaker 2: This is yes now, and we are yesing and knowing all over the place.
Speaker 1: We really are. We were just talking before we press record about some of the weird weirdness in this episode that we didn't necessarily clock when we were filming it. Why would we Well, I think at that point we were maybe also desensitized, beyond distracted by, you know, learning numbers and recording and all that. I think we're also desensitized to, like some of the quirkier and seemingly inappropriate things that were happening in the script. Fair enough because it happened so often. Fair enough, usually involving shoot, before we get into that, tell me what's going on in the world. Appropriately. The number one song in the country as We Found Love. Oh you know, it did fall the number two, however, but it's back this week. And it's on Glee, So there you go. The number one movie was Contraband with Mark Wallwerd kpe Ick and say, I don't believe that was a real movie. That feels like conspiracy. I like, never, I don't know what that is. I don't know what that is and some Glee news on January fifteenth, so two days before this episode aired, we attended the sixty ninth annual Golden Globes. Now, Kevin, Yeah, did somebody pass out? Who was it was this that year? Yes, it was Nya. Nya went to the bathroom and fainted. No, yes, it's not funny. It's not funny. But what happens, Jenna, you can speak to this. But let me just lead you in here about when you're getting ready for the show. It's a very busy day. You start really early, you do, and people are like sewn into these dresses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are really worried about fitting into the dress to begin with. So you probably haven't started your day by eating a very large meal. Let me just put it that way, right.
Speaker 1: You eat like I would eat.
Speaker 2: Before wardines, but I wouldn't eat a ton because I'd be like, well, there's going to be pictures and you know, will I will my dress zip up? Because you get these fittings for these outfits that you're going to air for the Red Carpet, maybe weeks before, and then you're like, wow, I don't know what state I was in then, and I don't know what state I am in now. So you're yes, you are zipped to the gods, and then.
Speaker 1: You don't have time to eat, and you're getting like hair and makeup done for hours before the Red Carpet takes an hour. It takes your time away and by the time you get to your seat at the Golden Globes there is dinner served. But usually by the time you get there, if you've done the Red Carpet, the food has already been taken away. It's correct, So you know what it is there alcohol, there's free flowing champagne and wine. So I'm not saying that's what happened, mm hmm, but I remember us being like, what happened? That could have been it? Good guess?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, that's crazy. So I wasn't invited this year? What's to fit with you?
Speaker 1: Guys? What it was a.
Speaker 2: Few It had to be a few people and for some reason, I wasn't invited.
Speaker 1: I am so confused.
Speaker 2: But here's the problem. Here's what was happening. Also at the same time, was there was a lot going on behind the scenes with you mm hmm, okay, Yeah that was okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, so this was like happening while were you being punished?
Speaker 2: I was being punished. Yes, I was being punished. I was acting out and I didn't get invited and that's why Josh was there.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I was at the after party though I was invited to the in Style after party.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you so the networks would have like viewing parties. Were you at the Fox viewing during the actual ceremony? No? No, I did not go to that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I only went to Vansdale after party to see all my friends I respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wouldn't have done that either. That would be awkward. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was a lot going on and there was a lot of words being said, and it just felt like it's not a place if I could have any control over anything. It was only putting myself in positions where I felt good, And so I decided I was in my show cuton Style, I was going to showface, I was going to hang out with my friends. But I wasn't going to go to the viewing party because that's also a really long time if you're not there. It's three hours, Yeah, it did three and a half hours. You're kind of at the same party for three hours. Yeah, and it's not like it's going to be the questions of like, why aren't you there? And while you in the hotel room. That's exactly right, that's exactly right. So anyway, yes, I was not invited to that one.
Speaker 1: We didn't win anyway, so you didn't miss anything. Yeah, I missed Nia path you did, and all the girls rushed to the bathroom. And it was also right at the end of the show, like we missed, so like everyone was leaving and there's a big rush, and then she fainted in the bathroom. Happens to the best of us. No one's fainted more than no.
Speaker 2: No, truly, we've all moved, all been there. I, I Nya and I got ready together for our very first Golden Globe Awards. She was going to the party and I was going to the actual Globes. But she didn't get hair and makeup provided because she wasn't. I don't know, they didn't provide it. For her at that point when she's still a guest star at that point, and so yes, and.
Speaker 1: I said, just come.
Speaker 2: Over and like we'll get our rank upd on together and we'll go together. So she came with me. Yeah, it was really fun. It was actually really nice to get ready with somebody, Like I prefer when we go to the Emmys tail because we were living together, you know, so much more fun.
Speaker 1: It's so awkward showing up to those things. It's just like because yeah, and it's we were as a collective, we were famous individually, we weren't that games don't give a crap no, And so that you're showing especially something at the Golden Globes, you show up and it's flooded with movie stars, like very very the most famous people in the entertainment world are there. Yes, And so then you get there, you and your publicist and this gigantic carpet.
Speaker 2: Like would they like to speak with do you want to speak with Johnswartz? And they're like yes or no? And you're like you're.
Speaker 1: Standing every warship's like that. You're standing there as these people are like making decisions on the fly in front of you, Like no, we're going to pass like okay, cool, yeah, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 2: It was fun though, Like I remember the first year, Jennifer Lawrence was like coming out after Winter's Winter's Bone and she was like the talk of the town and she was hitting the carpet and they're like, watch out for that one. And I remember somebody, I think my manager's saying that, and we were on the carpet and I saw her there and it's just like you then, I mean, look at now.
Speaker 1: They were he was right. I mean. The other fun thing is like you make friends with eventually some of the people who work at the different networks who are interviewing people, the photographers, Like I see the same photographers, say and red carpet totally sa And so it's nice. And then also it's sort of like that first year when we met all these very famous people, then you see them the following year and there's like this weird sort of hey, good to see you again. Summer camp very strange. The amount of people we got to meet at the Golden Globes was really insane. It was really a fun party.
Speaker 2: It was the best, the best that and the saga words that's coming next week, Yes, on January sixteenth. Chris Nya, Darren, and Lee are featured on the cover of TV Guide magazine promoting the Michael Jackson tribute episode Michael Area on January thirty.
Speaker 1: First, What's to come? This is all makes sense now, the timing of you not being invited exactly.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't, Michael, you were, I was, I just wasn't. In the Spanish sucher, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it was all around that time, exactly. It took a little vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not, I mean we all needed that, Yes, paid vacation right PTO.
Speaker 1: You see you later. Uh.
Speaker 2: This episode was directed by Eric Stultz and it was written by Brad Foulchak on a team.
Speaker 1: This had a lot of songs in it. I had a lot of songs in it. And it also had a dame in it. A voiceover from a dame, Helen Muhre in it was Becky's inner voice because insults. This is Eric Stultz call. He did a movie with hell Miaron back in the day and he called her up and asked her to do it. Shut up? Really, She said, yes, brilliant. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was wondering how we got Helen Muir, Like I was thinking when I was watching it last night, like, how do you think they pitched Helen Mirren on this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, actually speaking of Golden Globes, So Helen Muhren said very flattering things about me in an article around that time when she was asked by like her favorite character on the show. Then she talked about me for some reason, I paid her. And then that Golden Globes we went to Chris knew Elton John. By that point, Elton John, I think was like sitting at a table with Helen Mirren and Morgan Freeman I believe, and Ian knew Helen Muir or something. And so then I went up to them with Ian and met all of them in a row and Helen Murean was like, oh my god, it's you, and I just shipped myself. I was an honor. It was the craziest commercial break. The thing is during the Golden Globes, all those commercial breaks, it's like your time to actually go talk to people, and the room is tiny, so you can go meet when you've ever dreamt of meeting you. It's like being knighted KAV. Yeah, Like Elton John grabbed my face and kissed me on the chain. Oh god, and then and then yes, Morgan, they were just so of course they were so lovely. Wow, and then you say hi and then you have to run back to your seat real quick. Yeah, exactly. You're like commercials un Yeah. So thank you Eric Stoltz for that. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: This episode has and it's an eclectic grouping of songs too. So we've got Summer Nights from Grease, We've got wedding bell Blues, we have moves like Jagger, jumpin, Jack Flash forgot you did this completely the first time ever I saw your face without.
Speaker 1: You and we fell in love.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A weird assortment of songs, m a lot of current hits like moves like Jagger was a number one song. I think with that we found love was always the number one song Without You, Without You was up there.
Speaker 2: Let's dive in. Oh no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. There's fun facts, How dare I?
Speaker 1: The best part of the show, obviously.
Speaker 2: Summer Nights was filmed at the same school that Greece was filmed at, So we filmed that at the Venice High School in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Was very cool to do.
Speaker 2: The Aqua Lilies were a Hollywood based water ballet show team, and those were the members that appeared as the McKinley Synchronized Swimming Team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, legit.
Speaker 2: And glease for your consideration. Mailer which you would get in the mail every year around wartime for the twenty twelve Primetime Emmys was a pop up card version of We Found That We Found Love Scene interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to pull that up so if you go on, it's on the Hollow Reporter from back then. But oh yeah, they have American horror story. Oh my god, this is so funny. Family guy. Oh, it's like a pop up card. It's pretty great. Wow, I never saw this neither. It's like a pool, there's different levels and swimmers. No, no, this was one of the swimmers. No, that's you. No, it's not zoom in.
Speaker 2: Oh it is just put me on a red beab. Yes it's not my body.
Speaker 1: No, it's your mug. That's me racist. Do you know what's featured? You didn't get on the Lee three D movie poster, but he did get on the Emmy f I there you are thing. Yeah, oh my god, this okay, this is interesting to me.
Speaker 2: This one was one of three episodes sbmitted for the twenty twelve five Time Emmys alongside Asian f and hold on to sixteen. That is a very interesting choice. Why That's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: Weird?
Speaker 2: I thought Jamo was extraordinary.
Speaker 1: In this episode. Oh, she absolutely was, But like the episode as a whole, interesting, very interesting. Okay, Kurt STAPs out a waitress in this episode, and Blaine later says and dance to somebody that he hates when Kurt does this.
Speaker 2: I love that they actually brought that up, because when Kurt did it, I will I went, oh maybe not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad they addressed.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's like a character choice for Kurt, right, Like I'm sure Chris stands behind that.
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 2: It just it perked my ears when I saw it. So that episode was originally named The Proposal, but it was changed.
Speaker 1: I wonder why I remember that.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's because they didn't want to give away like the Finn part of it all, like the Finn and Rachel part. Or do you think it was just a legal thing maybe? Also, when did the Proposal movie come out? I was thinking then too, probably around this time. I mean it hasn't been number one yet, so I mean it definitely was. I came out two thousand and nine, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh this is the best fun fact. Can you read this one? Yes? In Funeral, Emma helps Will clean out his closet and she comes across a vest that she thinks needs to be given to charity. He tells her that it's the best he was wearing the first time he met her. However, in this episode, it flashes back to the first time Well Emma ever saw each other and he is wearing a different vest.
Speaker 2: Love that gotta love that Glee. I'm accepting Will's proposal, makes it his second engagement, and her are busy.
Speaker 1: Let's dive in. There's a lot happening. Well, here's a little summary of what happens. So Will tries to plan a surprise for Emma. He enlists the Gleek Love to help him sweeper off her feet, which meanwhile, Becky has a new crush, Sam wants to win back Mercedes, and then makes a surprising announcement about his life plans post high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you, Becky, I think so well. The voiceovers, like you said, already, pure genius.
Speaker 1: I mean, the best acting on Glee. The voice good, it's so good. I also thought Lauren was great in this episode. It was nice to see her have.
Speaker 2: More Yes, we haven't seen her in a while, so it was good. Yeah, it was very good. You guys were very good, very good together too. So Becky has her sights laser pointed at Artie and she wants him to be her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Very cute.
Speaker 2: And and so she's gonna, she's gonna, she's gonna corner him. I was gonna say, woo him, but she corners him into what's the first part of your dating again?
Speaker 1: The performance, well, it seems like Artie gave a soft yes right and was like, I'm going to do this thing. Just come on buy Like it's very noncommittal and sort of rude. Wow, that's already for you. But I get it. You don't want to hurt her feelings. And it was very kevin dates. I went on because I didn't want.
Speaker 2: To like funny and that's funny. No, it explains itself later, I get it. So you guys do moosse like Jagger. Yeah, I understand what they were trying to do with the costumes, but I felt very uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: It was so awkward.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the scarves I didn't like the T shirt. I didn't like the combination. It didn't work for me. You sounded great. It's a weird number. It's a weird mashup. It's a weird number. I don't even think you really feel the presence. There's a lot of people on stage and everybody's doing a make Jagger impression. But I don't think you get that from it.
Speaker 1: And also like this, I got it from you. I got it from you. But like the shoehorn into Hey Show, this is what we think you should do all of a sudden, and like he knows all the moves and it's like doing a full out dance. He's like, yeah, I don't think this is right, like what you would have known that before because you clearly learned the choreography.
Speaker 2: It's also like kind of naked in it. It's it's interesting. So this is this is a pitch for a potential number for Will. So I'm sorry I kind of skipped all around. But the overarching thing is that Will is going to propose Tomma. He decides he's going to propose to Emma, right, and he enlists Lily Club, which is so confusing to me.
Speaker 1: It's so weird.
Speaker 2: When he's like, it's up to you guys to figure it out for me, and you're like already in particular, is like, don't worry a mister shee.
Speaker 1: We got you. And I'm like, what's happening, Like I think when we shot it, I thought it was fine, endearing or like yeah, of course, like we're a team totally in hindsight.
Speaker 2: This is where I think you said, like the line gets it's blurred, like the whole we're very tolerant to very strange relationships and things. At this point, he says they're my best friends. I am it is so inappropriate.
Speaker 1: This is a grown man who is a teacher. He's hanging out with like anywhere from fIF fifteen to eighteen year olds.
Speaker 2: Look, I get a really good teacher student relationship, a mentorship, you know, a friendship in ways. But this is just this has crossed.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about how many times of the club has been over to his house, just single girls at his house too. And now he's like, I this is like the most important moment of my life and I'm not going to put one ounce of thought into it other than you guys need to do this for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so it's up to you guys. So it's I don't know any other way to say it. It's just it's really wild to me.
Speaker 1: This also comes off the heels of last episode where we performed a full number for each other. We're all in there and then he comes in to the class like he was even there. He's like this, hey, god, yeah, like what were we doing?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 1: Where? Where is Will Schuster? Where he's not shown up in more than one way? Yeah. We started with Becky and Artie, and so then we go on. Becky's like this is not the date. This is not good enough. We're going on a second date, which I thought was great, like I'm taking you to bread sticks, and in that time, Sue and the Glee Club sort of stage interventions. Sue is like, Becky, you need to be careful sort of thing. Glee Club's like we heard you went on a date with Becky. What are you doing? This isn't nice.
Speaker 2: You're leading her on, right, And I think Arty has some good points for once I legit was like, you know what, we're wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they I mean they sort of whip you know, to breadsticks and it's like this cute scene. That was really fun because I also never got to shoot in bread sticks. Oh is this your first time in breadsticks? No, I don't think so. I don't know, but I know you were in bread sticks before. Yeah, but I have like a date there.
Speaker 2: I've never like to think that. That was a very cute scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really fun, and I mean, yeah, it was great. Also, like Lauren's great to work with because she's just like really nice. Yes, yeah, and like he knows her shit. Yeah, And so I thought that was all cute.
Speaker 2: So there's that whole thing going on of like yes, no, you guys are you know, you're kind of on this fence of like you don't want to hurt her. You had a really good time, but it seems like you're probably just gonna be You're probably get to friends on her. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If anything, he like learned like, oh this person's great. I want to be friends with them, not romantically involved, but more importantly.
Speaker 2: You worked with sus Jane as well in that scene where she kind of tells you, like you got to be honest with her what are you doing? And they come to Jesus the scene. I love that scene. That was like for me, the scene that was like, I don't know, I it just felt like every thing came into sharp perspective. I was like, yes, that's what we're talking about here. And she says, treat her with respect and treat her and tell her treat her like anybody else, you know what I mean, tell her the truth because that's what she wants. She wants to be treated like everybody else. And you as well, you know already too. So I was like, yeah, that's where that hit for me. Yeah, exactly written, Yeah, yeah, totally totally. And also's Jane Man, oh my god, and Jane was Becky at the end. Oh kill me, kill me, just kill me, like.
Speaker 1: This is so yeah, it was so good.
Speaker 2: All right, maybe the FYC and like this being submitted, I get it. Yeah, maybe I get it. Maybe maybe, but like it doesn't hold a candlestan to like hold on to sixteen. That's the problem, like you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it also feels a bit more. Was like, oh, if of course they're doing Greece and of course they're doing it the exact same. Wait, there's a moment, Okay, hold on, we'ld get to that or should we do that? Now, let's do it? So Sam wants to win Mercedes back, and this episode or their story starts with you know what happened over summer? Tell us and you guys launch into summer love.
Speaker 2: Fun fact, Yeah, there is ADR.
Speaker 1: Never used it, Okay.
Speaker 2: So ADR is when after you shoot the show, you're your episode, the sound in post has you come in and re record some lines that either didn't take well, don't sound right because you're outside, or something rustled or with your mic or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: There's just a lot.
Speaker 2: Usually most shows do ADR after every episode. There's some lines that need to be fixed because our sound de hartment was so excellent, and they figured out a way to not have us do ADR because it's also there's no time to do ADR for us would have been like adding another thing for us to do. I did a dr for this episode for what the very first line the some Mercedes tell us about your.
Speaker 1: Summer break or whatever. Interesting.
Speaker 2: I've never did it, but Alexis Martin Woodall, She's like, I have to do it with you.
Speaker 1: There was something outside that Russell.
Speaker 2: We cannot fix it, and we need it to be done because it also you couldn't even cut it. It's a necessary line for the episodes. Yeah, so I feel like they would just cut stuff if not because of time, you know, time constraints. So I went and I did it, and I learned how.
Speaker 1: Fast I talk in that moment. But it was really fun because I had to do adr for me if I did it very rarely that building, so I must have done it once or twice. Yeah, I like for horror stories and that was nerve wracking. But yeah, because we never had to do it it, so I was not good at it.
Speaker 2: For people who don't know. You go into a booth, you watch your performance on a screen. They do like a like an account in like a boop boop boop, and then you see the words like a voiceover into the mic and you have to replicate the way you did it so that it matches your lips in that. So it's quite difficult sometimes when you talk that fast. And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean I catch it in movies all the time. You'll see somebody talking and what's coming out of their mouth does not matching the shape of their mouth. Because sometimes after you've edited a movie, you're like, oh, we need to mention this thing to set up that thing, and it wasn't originally written in the script now how the edit is so sometimes they have to fit in more words and you just have to sacrifice, like it's just not going to.
Speaker 2: Match up, or they have like a cut to the back of your head where they finish the line exactly. Okay, anyway, sorry, just fun fact there.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, sore.
Speaker 2: We open up at the high school where they actually shot Grace, which was pretty cool, and we got to do summer Nights.
Speaker 1: It was a really fun day. There's this moment in the number where the girls like run off screen and they just run back, but we don't see where they ran to. It's like where did you guys?
Speaker 2: Just go?
Speaker 1: Like why did you run a frame and then run back?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. It was really fun though. I remember shooting that day. It felt like a free day, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love shooting like and stuff like that. It looks like so much fun. Yeah, yeah, it was, so did the boys great?
Speaker 2: Did the boys shoot on the bleachers at Venice High School as well? Or was that at McKinley.
Speaker 1: I remember I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Oh right, they were on bleachers, so already I'm pretty sure it was at Venice. I think they did it well. And then the when I when they do the cuts.
Speaker 1: It was Venice.
Speaker 2: So when they do the cut to me and Harry in the first time I ever saw your face, you know, when we're like rolling around in the random. We shot that at Ventus High School as well. They brought in a crane and they shot that like I think right before or right after our Summer Nights show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, and we shot the pool stuff at another high school. Well, we rehearsed at the YMCA. Remember yes, Oh my god, Jenna, I forgot about that because I was wondering when did we learn this.
Speaker 2: It was like some we shot in the morning. We went we all went and got sushi in the middle of the day and then right by the y m c A. Harriet would always find the best sushi spots, and then we went and did rehearsal at the y at night.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was so funny.
Speaker 2: The Y and z A pool was warmer than the pool that we shot at.
Speaker 1: When we saw the pool was great.
Speaker 2: The one where we shot we found the legally for SAG rules, you're supposed to have a pool that's over eighty and the temperature the thermometer two. We fair did say over eighty, but the thermometer was broke.
Speaker 1: It was so cold, so it wasn't freezing, but it was just we were in there for a long time all day and it was just under being comfortable. So then any part of you that was exposed above the surface of the water was pretty cold. It wasn't warm out either. Mmmmm, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I remember they had heating tents and like sweatpants for us, and we waited around a lot too, Like the girls didn't have as much to do, and so I feel like I waited around a lot that day. But we'll get to that. So Mercedes is torn though, because Sand's trying to win her back and she's with Shane still. But then when the girls do their number, first time I ever saw her face. We shot that late at night, and it was we had tiny little space heaters and we're all sitting there in our chairs with like tiny little space heaters because.
Speaker 1: It was freezing on set. It was so cold. Do you remember.
Speaker 2: It's like watching us and being like we were so cold. They would be like action and we would like push our coats off and they would come and grab them. Because we were so freezing. It was a fun night though, hanging out with the girls like we had. All the girls had a lot to do together in this episode, and we were all getting along and everything was good, and yeah, we had a really nice time.
Speaker 1: So it was a great number. I really liked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was shot really cool, like the lighting and the black and everything was it was very pretty. And then Mercedes, I have no memory of shooting that bathroom scene.
Speaker 1: I don't know when we did it. I was like, what is this, What's going to happen here?
Speaker 2: But Mercedes basically is upset because she saw Sam not Shane when she was thinking of the first time I were sort her face and so she's a little torn, and we just encourage her to kind of go with her feelings, and so we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: They're so cute together. They're very cute. I walks up in the beginning of the episode and like words with her. It's just so charming. M I really they have like I don't know if they realize this when they first wrote it in if those two we're gonna have such a good chemistry together. It's so cute. It's really cute. It's so cute. And also I also see Chords face, so I mean, I guess we all do speaking in Chord in this episode. Yes, swim secret swim team. So he joins the water because he wants to get a letterman jacket to impress Mercedes because her boyfriend has one, and the only team you can join is the secret ized swim Team. What did you gasp back?
Speaker 2: No, I'm but we got Nini leaks is what I was gasping.
Speaker 1: Because that scene he does like a little moment in the pool and then Roz walks up, up, marches up and gives them the monologue of a lifetime.
Speaker 2: I best sign of the episode. Obviously I remember vaguely like this happening and it be funny, but like rewatching it, I was like, potentially one of my favorite moments in the entire series because I remember, and we've talked about this, like when she showed up. Obviously, she was so nice. I had never seen a Housewives anything. Yeah, I didn't know who she was. Yeah, but I just knew she was so cool.
Speaker 1: When we'd ride on the golf cart together, Oh great, so great, And then I was like can she act? And then saw the scene and I was like, give her everything, let her do everything. Boy oh boy, and she will. We'll get her, We'll get more of her. It's so good. I've never seen lips like that. She's so nice. I love her. I will culle you. Oh my god, I don't watch again. Also, the thought of Court on a synchronized FIM team is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Like standing in the middle of that water lily like water pad but they made for him was very funny.
Speaker 1: That's why we were sitting around. He had all that shit to shoot. Oh that's right, Yeah, that's right, that's right. Okay, so there was all that to shoot. So the other thing happening before we get to the big thing happening Finn m h. Everyone's talking about Niata or you know what they're doing post high school. Finn confides and Shoe that he wants to join the army like his dad, and so Shoe goes behind his back because he's concerned and tells on him and tells on him, and stage is sort of like a come to Jesus with Emma.
Speaker 2: Carol and Burt and we are Yeah, we find out some new information.
Speaker 1: This scene was tough. Yeah, for multiple reasons to talk about the easy things. I thought. It was like I just wanted Carol to speak, yeah, and like Bert was coming in and I was like what, Yeah, I know, Okay. Anyway, Carol reveals that Finn previously thought that his dad was killed in action, like an honorable war hero war hero death as he calls it. Yeah, turns out after the war it was probably suffering from PTSD and became a drug addict and odeed m HM and Cincinnati and what I do not remember the storyline. Romy's obviously brilliant in it. Corey was brilliant in it. It just hit a little too close to home, way way too close.
Speaker 2: And we probably don't remember it because there's probably just another storyline for Finn that we thought was really well done. But in hindsight, the whole through line of this storyline, every line he said about it really just struck a different chord that resonated with or mirrored his life in too closely. And No, it was just really sad to watch. Yeah, it felt really dark and morbid watching it. Yeah, obviously there was no way to know what the future was going to be, or they never would have written that. No, of course, not so it just felt, Yeah, you're very eerie.
Speaker 1: So then thing gets.
Speaker 2: Really upset though, And on the other side of it, when he reveals to Will that he's, uh, he's enlisted before everybody else finds out about it, Will asks Finn to be his best mea.
Speaker 1: It's really out of really out of.
Speaker 2: It felt so out of left field for me and inappropriate as well, but also like I would imagine him asking Dot like beast before Finn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, it's weird, and he makes reference to the Bachelor party. It's like this kid's eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and then Finn's also when they're at Breadsticks and Finn is thinking about his future and talking about all of this stuff, and then Rachel breaks out into I was like, where are we? I love this number for her. She does at full performance of it. It's very subtle and it's really really nice and the makeout at the end was real.
Speaker 1: So that's weird. But yeah, I was like, WHOA.
Speaker 2: Like, you can tell now in these scenes they're like a little a little cozier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we still didn't know. No, we didn't know.
Speaker 2: I never would have known, but that camera doesn't lie. But yeah, he that that Breadsticks breakout was so yeah, it was out of it was out of Glee character for me.
Speaker 1: I felt like that a couple of times this episode, though, with how some of these songs just came in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Eric still just trying to make it work.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Finn Is really is kind of diving off this this like deep end as well now because of his everybody's futures are at stake. Everybody's talking about their futures. They're getting close to college, getting close to nada, you know, And so I think he's kind of having this like crises.
Speaker 1: And will propose. Now.
Speaker 2: I want to know how many times he proposes in the series, because is this the beginning of the wedding, like them getting married? I can't remember. I was like, can't wait for next week?
Speaker 1: You're right? Do they just get married immediately?
Speaker 2: No? No, because the wedding isn't this season? Is it, like Jeff Goldbloom, We're terrible awful?
Speaker 1: It might be, Jenna. Things come up a lot.
Speaker 2: Faster than we Yeah, I think in this show.
Speaker 1: Do you like it? Those are our pillars? It's like, okay, Jeff Goldbloom, that's associated to the wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I think you're right. It might be are they get married in season four? So anyway, yeah, I think is just caught up.
Speaker 1: In the moment. It's like he's got a good the good thing he has is Rachel. She's about to leave. He wants to lock it down. So then he proposes, interesting, shall we end this episode? And her eyes say it's going to be a no, yeah, it's going to be for me.
Speaker 2: No, for me dog for those reasons, I'm out yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which sucks because it's felt like Rachel and Finn are on such a good this is what happens only drama, and they got to break it up. It's too good. Okay.
Speaker 2: So meanwhile, mister shoe Emma Pillsbury is feeling antsy and she's wondering if he's ever going to pop the question? Will is ever gonna pop the question? And she says this is adorable number well, because by the way, who just got married Beast Beast eloped beast and Coots well elopes and so we'll see how that hard.
Speaker 1: And I think Emma got hit even harder because she's like, well, I want that, and he's never going to do it, and then she launches and do this musical.
Speaker 2: Number where Beast and Sue are in bridesmaid r.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. It's so funny. This number is so funny.
Speaker 2: How many times are we going to see em in a wedding dress because she's in a wedding dress all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she only gets a musical number wedding dress.
Speaker 2: It's so true. So wedding mail Blues, Bell Blues was really fun. Jamee is just excellent in this episode. But she then well before that, Will is already going to propose, and he wants to get the blessing of Emma's parents.
Speaker 1: And Emma accidentally proposes when she does this number right like, oh, it's in the air.
Speaker 2: Worst, like actual worst, It's the worst. They're the worst characters. Ugly, it's just like so bad, so so good at it, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 1: But then then Shoe gets swayed by it. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: So mad at the things he said to her. I was so mad, I was. It feels hopeless.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was happy to that moment where you you know, stuck up for her in front of that and then here you are without her in front of you, and you're actually receiving these terrible things these parents are saying about their daughter. Mm hmm. Wonder what the inst is form's parents like that. I don't know. Maybe it's the cause of her OCD. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's wrong, maybe that's an incorrect statement. But what happens is, after all the different pitches the glee club does for how Will can propose he doesn't like any of them and needs to take some more time. And then Sam now on the synchronized swim team.
Speaker 1: It's like, I have an idea, of course she does.
Speaker 2: This feels like it has two parts. So there's we Found Love and that's always a fun number. It was a fun number to do, even though it was freezing. You guys rolling while you rolling into the pool, you face planted, Yeah, you belly flopped. How did you do only ones? And told you to whispered in your ear and just told you to roll? Yeah, because that would have taken a lot more security measures, safety measures, protocols, things.
Speaker 1: So you just did it. I just did it, And I was all about trying to get already to do more things. Yeah, I get it. I get it. Like you're like, well, the director told me so yeah, So I was like sure, and part of me like wanted to. I think I had been joking about it, like faking it, like like making people yes, yes, And so when he came up, because we did it, we had gotten it the correct way, how it was choreographed with me not going in the pool right, and so then at the very end, yeah, then he went up to me. He told Andrew my camera to stay with me, and then I did it. I I belly laughed. I'm so happy this has become a thing because when the episode aired, memes honestly weren't really a thing. Gifts weren't a thing.
Speaker 2: It it became a thing anything years and years later.
Speaker 1: During the pandemic, and I was like yes and liked it because I was just going for the comedy. It's very funny.
Speaker 2: And then I forgot you had a pool float. You were the only one who had a nice float.
Speaker 1: Well when you were talking about the YMCA. When we showed up to do the rehearsal, Zach and Broke were like, I don't know what you're gonna do, Like so I just sort of like hung out. I learned the arm movements, but when it came time to actually do it. I think when Zach thought about it some more, it's like mm no, no, like what can we do? And so I was excited to just sit in that lay in that pool float, but it was so cold because I was just damp, like I wasn't submerged in the water at all.
Speaker 2: Right, you're halfway in, a halfway out at the worst. And then maybe I didn't read the rest of the script.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie when we got it.
Speaker 2: So we're shooting We Fell in Love and they're setting up for Matt and I look over and I'm like, what is going on? What is going on? And he's walking on water and I was like, didn't read that? But then it ruins it, like I thought he would walk across the whole pool to her rather than get all dressed up and then budgeting what. I was so confused, Yet it was charming enough that I cried still the proposal, Did you cry?
Speaker 1: And I did?
Speaker 2: I cried a little because it was really sweet. And also the shot of us watching all of us watching the proposal?
Speaker 1: Did Diana and I.
Speaker 2: Were freezing, we were shiveringly, and you cut to and we.
Speaker 1: Were like because I was like, you guys have never looked more awake. Well, we were awake because we were freezing. Yeah, it was like a little fishies just like in the water. But it was sweet.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm I'm glad there that she said yes and it turned out that way because we did that. But that was a hard number to do, even though it was fun to watch.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for you guys because I I obviously was not in most of it, and so I had a lot of downtime. Oh if I didn't need to be in it, I was not in it. So you were on the raft with us, right, Yeah, but that was one setup, you guys. All those other setups where I was not fair enough because they kept bringing me in like where can we fit you on? Like right? And I just cut to Kevin and I was so excited. I'm like, okay, cool, So does that mean I can wrap early? Because Washing the Throne tour was a couple of miles away and we were trying to go to it. Oh so good, that's right. I remember we got out in time and we went Yeah, that's right, my second time seeing it. Second time. That's when they filmed the video for Paris. Yeah, okay, what a day. I mean that was what I remember from that day was like I got to get out of this cold water so I can go see jay Z and Kanye. I feel like I was like, how do I get out of here? Yeah? We were we weren't at Paramount. We're out of high school and it was closer to the arena already, so I was like, cool, and how how can I left you out of summer nights? They just were like, we can't fish you on the bleachers as that was idealized. Yeah, there wasn't any way to get you on the wachers because they were moving too, Like you could sit me there. I wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Able to do anything else just to be stuck there. So I had some days off. You had quite a few, or time off or a moment an afternoon, yeah, moments. Yeah, it was never really a day off. No, They're like, well, meys, we'll get you in for a fitting then, yes, exactly, Okay.
Speaker 1: So now they're finally engaged.
Speaker 2: That's okay, let's do some tarty shakes. There was like a lot that happened, but not that much that happened. It's all kind of revolved around proposals, but okay, cringe moments. Mmmm, Emma's parents.
Speaker 1: Emma's parents really bad. Also, there was I literally gasped, when was it Becky who said the Rice Queen? Oh that was hellimern Yeah, and the voiceover was like, oh no, that was crazy good. That was crazy not good. I'm like, don't make hell dame hell and me I know say that. How dare you best dance move? Uh? We Found Love synchronized swimming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the synchronizer the water Lilies. It wasn't asked as the water Lilies.
Speaker 1: Best song? We Found Love? Do you know what would say? Without You? I had a feeling I feel I think we Found Love was the best number. But I think Without You was a really good cover. It's actually different too. It's very cool cover. Yeah, I agree, because this was around the time for a while now we had been doing and this goes into the Michael episode. Mm hmmm. A lot of the covers were more just like straight covers totally. They weren't different takes on the song, which I think we did a lot more in the first two seasons, especially the first I See and a half ag and so I appreciative that it was a person. Yeah, I always like those. The best works by prop Oh the clear plexiglass cat for Will Will's top hat. Oh my god, the all white suit was a choice. Murder.
Speaker 2: It seems like on brand Braham but murder, Yeah, murder. Best line the obviously Dame Helen.
Speaker 1: Well, it was obviously.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Oh my gosh. They're both very very good. M v p J.
Speaker 1: I'm going with M. I went with Corey last week, so I want to say, M Corey. I'm gonna go with Corey. Yeah. He was very good. He was very good. He had a lot to do and like a lot of serious stuff to do. It was excellent. Okay, should we found a TikTok Jenna. This is a reenactment of a famous young Glee from Caira aka Downstairs Bathroom on TikTok and it's they say, just undearthed. This video from Halloween twenty twenty of my boyfriend and I recreating the glea scene where Will finds out Terry isn't pregnant and they're at the stove with candy and a pot fake cooking and stirring, and then his boyfriend walks in with a pillow and they do the full scene of him discovering the fake baby bump pillow.
Speaker 2: Now I have to note this is the scene is insane, it's very it's unhinged, and it's very good.
Speaker 1: This is very funny.
Speaker 2: The comments also were that this scene genuinely scared most people when it frisks like ripping the belly off, and mister Shue like looking actually absolutely terrifying and I.
Speaker 1: Lift your shirt up from Glee is basically I'm in the danger from breaking bad. This is so funny. On a real note, watching this scene frightened me. Yeah, watching the scene eleven years old, terrified.
Speaker 3: This scene is terrified. The scene is terrifying. This is great, well done, very good, very very good. It's so good, very very good. Well that is yes and no. Next week is Michael very exciting. Wow, wow, Wow, that's unpacked. Michael was a turning point and Glee her history.
Speaker 2: Mmm. I'm interested to hear more about that.
Speaker 1: It really was and not. I don't think in a good way. I expected yea, that took me. Guys.
Speaker 2: Very few things Kevin does surprises me like that.
Speaker 1: I just went behind the scenes and Jenna, I'll say, is black or white? Mm hmm, black or White. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and we've talked about it with Grant. This episode was just to get you prepared for it. Where how many episodes in now to the season, and the wheels were coming off, and by the time Michael happened, the wheels were off. We can see them. They had flown blown off, roll down the hill. We were behind on everything. We were doing eight billion numbers per episode. The micro episode is a beast and we were officially halfway through the first season. So, I mean this season, third season, we're flying flying. We went a lot slower back then. Sokay that.
Speaker 2: I feel a lot of things. I feel a lot of things. There was there was so much going on, wasn't there. I feel a lot of because I feel like everything was attached to uh. I mean just to like get the headspace right. I would never normally be trying to leave work early to go to a concert, right, And they were like, get me out of here.
Speaker 1: In this episode, I gotta go. So we were unhinged. Yeah, just like the storylines. Do you remember the storylines in Black and White? Vaguely? I'm excited because the music is incredible, obviously, well, yeah, I'm the performances are great, but okay, so much going on. I hate that there's so much like personal, behind the scenes drama attached to it, because that's what I remember of it, Like, that's what I take away from it. It's sort of like, what a weird time, weird time. It's definitely a y and that's what you really missed. Bye bye. Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.