Speaker 1: Quick, Alexis before the second date starts, tell everyone hello in Australian. Oh, good day, may Oh, there goes. That must be the reason why we're charting in Australia in the top comedy podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally hot.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for being here, and don't forget if you do love this much of the show, We've got forty five more minutes of it over on our main feed. Just search Brooke and Jeffrey, Brook and Jeffrey. No, now they understand what we're talking about. Let's get to what you can for. It's your second date, second date, up date.
Speaker 3: You know the saying opposites attract. I don't know if that's really true, at least not in today's call.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean it typically is. But why do you.
Speaker 3: Say because the woman on the phone said that her and her date both have blonde hair, they both enjoy chocolate pudding, and they both have the same mother.
Speaker 2: Ah, how crazy is that? That's gross? I mean, okay, I don't know about the last one. I may I may have slept that in that but it would be an interesting TWI if that turned out to be the case.
Speaker 1: That's not the word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not the word ideus.
Speaker 1: It's illegal.
Speaker 3: We draw the line at cousin stuff on this show. But please welcome Justine to the program.
Speaker 2: Hey Justine, hell.
Speaker 1: And you do realize the same mother makes you siblings, even not cousins.
Speaker 2: Only by blood brook.
Speaker 3: So, Justine, you send in your email that you bonded with this guy because you had a lot of similarities.
Speaker 2: What similarities did you notice?
Speaker 4: Well, we're both really quiet.
Speaker 2: Talk softer during this on a first date.
Speaker 1: No, no, it always reminds me of the movie quote we could talk or not talk for hours show.
Speaker 2: What's his name? By the way, Okay, how'd you meet him?
Speaker 5: We met it the bank at the bank.
Speaker 2: Why do you have to go into a bank like.
Speaker 4: That anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's interesting that two quiet people would meet in person.
Speaker 2: Like who up from?
Speaker 5: Too?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: Actually, we were both filling out paperwork side by side, and I asked him to borrow his pen. But I didn't even like say words.
Speaker 1: I just was like, you know how you do, like just hold your hand out like you pointed with a nice smile.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, And that's kind of how it got started. It was pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: She points, and he's like, do you want to go out with you.
Speaker 1: I think he did a head nod.
Speaker 2: And have you talked at all?
Speaker 1: You heard this man's voice.
Speaker 2: All right, that's kind of cute. You're both cute though the vibe it was purely vibe. Yeah. So what did you guys do when you went out?
Speaker 5: Well, at first he suggested because we were both so quiet, he said we should do this like dating in the dark thing, And I pointed out that's when you don't see the person, not when you don't speak to the.
Speaker 1: Men. Where you go dining in the dogs and you do the dark dinners?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly?
Speaker 2: Is that what you did?
Speaker 5: No, No, wonder if they're still here?
Speaker 2: Do you like them? It would be both of your happy place.
Speaker 1: But what.
Speaker 2: Did you end up doing?
Speaker 5: We wound up going to this little Mediterranean place and like we were texting before we went, and we agreed to each bring notebooks, so we just wrote each other notes at dinner. Very fun for you.
Speaker 2: This is cute.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: To me, but this is adorable?
Speaker 1: Was it the whole time you wrote notes?
Speaker 5: I mean, we talked to the waiter.
Speaker 3: Okay, orders, But for the rest of the time you two tried to stay quiet and just enjoy and soak up each other's silence.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, they shared information still, but yeah, but quiet, yeah, quietly in their way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet there's a lot of smiles every time the note got passed back though. Yeah, it sounds hot.
Speaker 5: Well, like we wound up laughing the whole time, like we really enjoyed each other's company, which is kind of awesome. But there was a mistake. The waiter brought out only one meal at first, and it was what I had ordered it, but they put it down in front of Ken, and so he started eating and I was like, I wrote a note and I said, no, that's mine, and he wrote back mine?
Speaker 1: What Oh no, I'm not even say not anymore?
Speaker 5: Right, So it made us laugh. We both laughed a lot. It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Did you get food?
Speaker 2: I worried?
Speaker 5: Thanks for worrying. Yeah, okay, he gave me back my dinner and then his showed up.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 1: Like a challenge to not talk that it almost sounds like it would break it first.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a challenge to them would be to talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like for certain people, like talking is a big struggle, but like this is the perfect date for two people that are kind of shy and introverted.
Speaker 1: You guys share the last kiss by just drawing lips on two pieces of paper and putting them together.
Speaker 5: That's funny, but no.
Speaker 2: So tell us after the quiet dinner, how did the date end?
Speaker 5: It didn't. And the dinner, which was kind of nice, really got ice cream and we were people watching, and I pulled out my notebook and said we should do this again sometime and he wrote yes. But that was like more than two weeks ago. Well that's not true. It's almost two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I guess almost two weeks. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like this guy is going to be a slow mover just from the vibe he's given. No, No, it's just who he is, said letter in the mail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Like I don't think I would be worried that he hadn't contacted you in two weeks.
Speaker 3: You guys, literally do sound like an old married couple with Like you guys go to the bank. You guys write each other notes, enjoy each other's silence, and sit on a park bend cheating ice cream together.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you guys just text, though obviously you're not on the phone a lot.
Speaker 5: I mean, I sent him a text.
Speaker 2: Okay, that must have been a struggle for you, though, just to get.
Speaker 5: You. Guys are making me bless. I can't believe how hard my cheeks are burning.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say real quick, I am really impressed that you're doing this because you are really putting yourself in a place that isn't a comfortable zone for you.
Speaker 5: That's cool, and that's actually the deal is, like, I feel like I need your help because it's so awkward to call him. Yeah, and you guys are so good at the talking.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're good at talking, but we can do a lot of it. So it's not an awkward Tuesday. Yeah, not happy exactly. So we're going to come back. We're going to call quiet Ken for you and see if we can silently and get him to agree to another date.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it right after this hold on Banks second date update. We probably just met one of the sweetest people that we've ever had on this show before.
Speaker 2: I hope not. Her name is Justine.
Speaker 3: She is quiet, she's kind sounding, she's got a very genuine laugh. It made us all feel good about ourselves no matter what we said. I honestly it's so rare if we get this guy Ken on the phone and he says something rude or disrespectful about her. I'm just letting you I am treating her like a little sister to our show, and I'm going to be standing up for her hardcore are if.
Speaker 1: She was to be a little sister.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying I'm in her corner.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, got it.
Speaker 3: And I mean it already sounds like her heart is breaking because who goes on a silent date and has a great time. Justine and this guy Apparently the only communication that was had the entire time was via handwritten note. So we need to figure out how to get him on the line and figure out why he is not jumping to get on another date with her in the.
Speaker 1: Same vibe honestly, Like he can't have a multitude of options here.
Speaker 2: This is a guy who barely talks. Okay, this is the future husband that you're talking. I don't it in a mean way.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying he's not out there being a player, you know, like he's got out running game because he can't pass notes to just any hot lady that walks by.
Speaker 2: It's not like he's just just do you want to defend your man?
Speaker 1: No that she knows what I mean, right, maybe though, Okay.
Speaker 2: How did you just walk into a library and rise up everyone in silence? It's possible, very I mean, he could be like a silent book mark.
Speaker 1: So many hot singles at the library.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you, guys, I'm a librarian?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 1: That is the cutest justice.
Speaker 2: Do you want to take back your library comment?
Speaker 1: No, I love the library.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one in this room that goes. He really does, actually all the time. All right, just stay quiet, Justine.
Speaker 3: I know you're you're not gonna have any trouble with that, but we're gonna call him and talk to you.
Speaker 2: I'm worried what she tries to pipe in, we're not gonna hear. We'll we'll make it obvious. Okay, thank you, all right, hold on, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey, is this Ken?
Speaker 6: Uh? Yeah? Speaking?
Speaker 2: I can he can?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're probably hearing a lot of voices right now, and that's because you're on the radio with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, welcome to our show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Ken, We're excited to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Why what what what who you call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't want to overwhelm you, but we're doing a segment here. It's called second Date Update, and one of our listeners asked us to reach out to you because you went on an awesome date with her the other day.
Speaker 1: Well, she thought it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all thought it was awesome too, because we heard a little bit about it. We're talking about Justine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think you guys went out almost two weeks ago.
Speaker 6: That is correct, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean she told us about the day that you two hung out, and it sounded pretty unique, at least for us. We do a lot of these calls, but we haven't heard a lot of dates where two people go out and stay quiet and actually enjoy it.
Speaker 6: I I'm so sorry, just one second.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybees at work or something.
Speaker 3: He's nervous. He's throwing up right now. There's a lot of talking library. They're shushing him.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeh scene is the librarian remember?
Speaker 2: Okay, hey Ken?
Speaker 1: Sorry, So look, it sounds like you're busy right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't want to like take up too much of your time. But bottom line is, Justine says she had a great time. The question is she's not getting any signals back that you wanted to hang out again, and she's kind of disappointed by that.
Speaker 6: I am, I kind of don't want to hang out again.
Speaker 5: What oh, buddy?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 6: I mean you were passing notes, right, we were talking about ourselves and I started running out of things to say.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would be a lot to write.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and it is hard when there's a lull in conversation to force a question. Yeah, the first couple are okay, but by the third or fourth you're like.
Speaker 1: So you shouldn't feel bad. That happens on all first dates.
Speaker 2: I feel like, really, Brook people write on all of their dates.
Speaker 1: No, you know he's not at a moment. Yeah, we're like, I don't know what to share, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I get that. You guys don't understand. I literally told every I thought myself.
Speaker 3: Oh, you ran out of things to like reveal about on the on the first date.
Speaker 6: That impossible, bro, Books, movies, interests, foods.
Speaker 1: But there's more to people than what you lie and a lot of I mean, I don't think you're giving yourself credit.
Speaker 6: I think you're giving me too much.
Speaker 2: I've got to be a middle ground here you might surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can understand you feel a little bit nervous and intimidated.
Speaker 2: But what are you worried about? Like, what's the harm in seeing her again?
Speaker 6: I am I'm worried she's gonna find out I'm not just quiet like she is, I'm boring, boring.
Speaker 2: That just broke my little heart.
Speaker 1: You're not boring. You have a like awesome woman.
Speaker 2: And when you do another date, that's what you talk about, the whole date.
Speaker 1: Is the activity a new topic, you know, or just what happened in the last Yeah, exactly you.
Speaker 2: I'm just always going to replay there. You are just the calm in a world full of chaos. We need people like you. You balance out all us idiots.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't matter if you think that you're boring or you're not enough. Somebody that believes that your plenty is Justine. And don't just trust me. She's on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: This is pretty bold, Justine, are you there?
Speaker 5: I'm here, You guys kidding me right now? She's been listening.
Speaker 2: I think he's about to have a heart attack.
Speaker 4: Justine, I am so sorry.
Speaker 6: I can't why.
Speaker 4: Because it was my idea. I was too nervous to call you, and I called somebody who could, and these sweet people have I didn't. We didn't mean to scare you.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 5: It feels like maybe it backfired.
Speaker 6: No, no, not at all. I'm really glad to move from you again.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I feel like if we wouldn't have gotten involved, they would have never talked to each other.
Speaker 1: Right, make this about us credit.
Speaker 2: We may are amazing contacted us.
Speaker 3: Look, I understand that you're really nervous Ken about talking to her and coming across a certain way. I think the pressure of being in a quiet setting is a lot. I think the next date that you go on like you're just in the wrong venue. Do something that's loud, go to a sporting event, like go to a comedy show where there's other stuff to point at and talk about rather than just sitting quietly together.
Speaker 5: Comedy show would be so fun?
Speaker 1: Would be fun? Would that be fun for you? Ken?
Speaker 6: That sounds like it would happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, does happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's so funny.
Speaker 3: Look, the whole goal of this is to set you guys up on another date and lock that down, and we would pay for it. So Justine, now that you know how he feels, you still want to go out with him again very much.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you hear that, like that's got to feel good, right?
Speaker 2: Did you hang up? Hello?
Speaker 5: Ken?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry I dropped my phone sounds it sounds creepy.
Speaker 2: Okay. We will send you guys out on another day and we're gonna pay for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I'm so grateful you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, it just makes me want to go to the other room and shout ken cat cat can cat.
Speaker 2: Okay, see it feels good.
Speaker 6: That's a little terrifying.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we should have whispered it for my bad Yeah, can't.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna hang.
Speaker 6: Up broking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh man, if.
Speaker 1: We do not get an update from them, I will die. I'm just gonna email her every week.
Speaker 2: She could write it.
Speaker 1: We can just read it.
Speaker 3: That's true, you know, definitely one of the sweetest calls that we've ever had, like sickeningly sweet.
Speaker 1: I should have asked for you usually, just there was something on my mind.
Speaker 2: I know we were all thinking it but didn't want to say it.
Speaker 3: The quiet ones are always what they are.
Speaker 2: You know that that's true. Their bodies say what their mouths can't.
Speaker 1: Makes this weird, It's gonna make it weird.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful. They're connecting on levels that we couldn't even imagine.
Speaker 1: We could have nothing wholesome on this ship.
Speaker 2: I think it's sweet.
Speaker 1: I guess librarians often star in those movies.
Speaker 2: That's right, you got a point anyway, don't take the paddle out. You know what's happening, and we can make it happen for you too. Whatever you want, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 1: There goes our chance for an update anybody's talking about You can find all of our Hot Sexy Second Date podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and
Speaker 6: Jeffery Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning