Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: My name is Matt, my name is Noel.
Speaker 4: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer Dylan the Tennessee pal Fagan. Most importantly, you are you. You are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. Congratulations fellow conspiracy realists. If you are joining us the evening this program publishes, we want to be the first to welcome you to Thursday, January sixteenth, twenty twenty five, one of our favorite times of the week. We're going to hear directly from you and your fellow listeners. Limericks rem Space responses to an ongoing conversation with a Shepherds some thought provoking explorations of chimera. But before we do any of that, guys, quick check in. I think we can just say it at the top. We were talking off air about preparation and about whether or not you should keep a pocket knife or a leatherman on your person. Do you guys have any strong stance on that.
Speaker 3: I've never been a knife carrier. I do have them strategically laid out around my home, but frankly, there are you know whatever. I'm a knife fan. I actually had a couple of knife subscriptions for a while. I have too many knives. I like kitchen and cooking and stuff. But I also have a couple of nice pocket knives. And I got a solid leatherman that's great multi tool. But it could certainly end up situation where a leatherman in particular would come in handy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can imagine that being helpful, he said, as he pulled out the badass machete that Ben got him one time.
Speaker 4: No, I mean we're talking about preparation here, just really quickly. Because Steve from Ohio and a couple of other conspiracy realists of ours wrote in to talk about the tragic death of these two people who went out in the wild searching for Bigfoot. It did not end well for them. They were not prepared for the elements, and in full disclosure, as we're recording this on January eighth, we as a cabal are attempting to figure out whether we can hang out in person on Friday, January tenth, and we're kind of watching the weather.
Speaker 3: Leaning towards a no, it's looking it's looking like a winter wonderland's coming our way, and our little neck of the woods is not prepared for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, snowpocalyps.
Speaker 4: Snowpocalyps right right, And we as a city took a lot of heat for that heat. We took a lot for that when the last time it occurred, because our fair metropolis of Atlanta is cartoonishly unprepared for that kind of inclement weather. So if we do end up not being able to hang out in person, please just know the five of us are prepared for winter weather. We're a little more concerned about the rest of our surely very cool co residents of Atlanta. But do you guys remember the last snowpocalypse We made a video when we thought we were going to get stranded in our office.
Speaker 3: I chose not to come to work that day. I was commuting from Athens, Georgia at the time as a bit of a trek, and things were looking potentially rough, And I'm glad I made that decision, But I'm sorry you guys got stuck there. Right as you get home what was the I can't remember how that panned out.
Speaker 2: We made it, thanks for the help of Josh Clark.
Speaker 3: Do you guys, you use this helicopter.
Speaker 4: It's called a Josha cop Okay, got it, that's what he He'll give you a ride, but he demands you call it a josh a coop the whole way, which is a real trail off.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: Ye, and yeah, we had a series of misadventures with that, perhaps story for another evening, but we do have a continuing story regarding the great debate of what Michael Polland calls the omnivores dilemma to eat to not eat, and what to eat should one choose. So we'll pause for a word from our sponsor, and then no, we're going to hear from one of our fellow conspiracy realists who responded to our discourse with a shepherd in Europe.
Speaker 3: Indeed, and we've returned and as ben so as Stuteley alluded to before our mini break, our micro break, call it what you will. Yeah, we're gonna kind of continue a conversation about the idea of permaculture, the idea of how best to sustain this experiment that we call the human race in terms of food stuffs and crops and all of that stuff. A lot of this came from, I believe it initially been that discussion about the pork.
Speaker 4: Towers, right or the yeah over in China, the idea that you could take the same objectively promising concepts of vertical farming and you could translate that somehow to specific types of livestock. So, as we record right now, there are a lot of pigs over in China and series of Orwellian skyscrapers, right.
Speaker 3: And I think the question that came up amongst the three of us, well one of them, anyway, was why not why do something like this with pork? With pigs? It seems so inhumane and unsustainable and all of that. Why not do it with grain or like tofu or something like that. And then the question ultimately turned too, well, because people want pork, you know. And then the question also turned to, well, how do we sustain that kind of thing in a way that is responsible and would hopefully promote the continuation of this noble experiment that we call the human race? And Ben, I believe you, on a recent listener mail read what I think it sounds like a thing like a concept that literally googled it before I realized it was a response to this initial email. The shepherd's point, It just sounds like a philosophical concept. Guys, let's talk about the shepherd's point. Ben, can you remind us a little bit about the shepherd's point previously on stuff they don't want you know? In our weekly listener mail segment, we spoke with a shepherd who is based in Europe, right, and their argument was, look, as a shepherd, with my first hand experience, I believe that the world would not be better if every human being on the planet was vegetarian. It would not be better. Got it perfect, Ben, That is a great summation. And if you want to refer back to that episode, Ben, just to get the full scope of the shepherd's point, you can do so. Ben, when did that one publish?
Speaker 4: This would be the day after what cool Christmas? December twenty sixth, twenty twenty four, when we spoke to the shepherd who is based in France.
Speaker 3: Gotcha. Thank you for that additional detail, Ben, So do check that out. It's an interesting conversation out of itself. But here we have a response from mister Wiggles. This is a lovely name for a listener or a childhood pet. Perhaps this is a character, mister Wiggles. There there's The Wiggles, which was a popular children's program. Mister Wiggles as a wow, there's a rat answer, there's a the electrical l Oh, yeah, he does you know he does have a good wiggle. No, not so much. There's the Wiggles. That's the kids show. This is mister Wiggles writing to us in response to the shepherd's response, or the shepherd's dilemma. I just I'm sorry. It just sounds like a thing that should exist. Here is what mister Wiggles has to say. I'm pretty sure that the shepherd's point is wrong. Let's say the way he or she is raising animals keeps biodiversity of the grazing land. That may actually be true, but much of the monocropped and bioengineered corn and soy grown around the world goes to feed ding, ding, ding, live stock. We also have to consider that extremely biodiverse things like rainforests are wiped out for grazing land, which is not very biodiverse in comparison. Also, we should consider that an animal has to use up nutrients and energy just to be alive. So there's some extra efficiency in just eating the plant rather than an animal that ate the plant, assuming critical nutrients are available from said plant. I mean, technically, some math would need to be done to get this right, and I'm just throwing this together at three am, so that won't happen. But I would bet that if people generally adopted traditional vegetarian diets and the human populations otherwise kept as a constant, that would in fact reduce the destruction of biodiversity and destruction of bio in general. While it's true some of that traditional grazing land and might be turned to a monocrop, there would be more rainforest and other biodiverse land and less need for crops in general because of efficiency gains regards Mister Wiggles and mister Wiggles very helpfully included a couple of resources a very cool article on the Washington Post. I don't know what was that one called? Did you guys see that one?
Speaker 4: It is Devouring the Rainforest by Terrence McCoy and Julia Leder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm sorry, off, I was having tons of trouble with the paywall on Washington Post and I don't want to deal with finding a log in for our company, so Ben, thank for popping that up, but I would check that one out. But we're going to talk mainly around this post on food revolution dot org by Ocean Robbins, the CEO of Food Revolution Network, and it is a post called Monocropping a Disastrous Agricultural System and talks about the practice of monocropping, which is the growth of a single crop over and over and over again on the same piece of land, which was invented to increase the food supply and combat hunger. However, it does create unintended consequences that threaten greater global food security and have the potential to do also worse than climate change. In this post he explores some of the pros and cons of monocropping and there are way more cons than pros, and also look at some alternative growing methods that people might consider. So do check out both of those resources if you want to learn a little bit more about monocropping and in the destruction of biodiverse areas like the rainforest as a result of a byproduct of farming of animals. You know, for sustenance. But guys, I just wanted to throw it to the group here real quick. Do you kind of see mister Wiggles's point? Ben? I know you had some back and forth with the Shepherd, like via that actual email. Where do you guys kind of land on this? And I know none of us are like agriculture specialists, but I don't know it just it does seem to me. Like again, the question that came up initially with this whole pork tower thing is why why use it for that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: Why not if we're planning on if we're thinking about food scarcity, and we're thinking about steps that can be taken to prevent future food scarcity and potential starvation, why not farm something that's better for the environment and more sustainable. And I guess the answer is, you know, capitalism. But what do you guys think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's okay, I'll jump in here. I think, first off, mister Wiggles, you and I are pretty much on the same page. In our previous listener mail conversation, I had conceded Shepherd's point with several crucial caveats, and one of those big caveats is the danger of growing one crop such that a society becomes dependent upon it. It damages biodiversity, and it additionally can be terrible for the soil. As a matter of fact, monocropping or monocroppery, if we want to make it sound even worse, is part of the cause of the Irish potato famine, and monocropping is also part of the reason why bananas have been in such dire straits. Not the band, but you know, the real dire straits over time. We know that previous or pre existing civilizations, by which we mean those existing before the age of industrialization and mono agriculture, they were well aware of this. That's why Indigenous American populations have what they call the three sisters. You rotate a croper, you grow it together such that it's always reinforcing the soil. Right, and so if everybody became vegetarian with mono agriculture still in play as the dominant agricultural strategy, then it could lead to deletarious unforeseen consequences. Does that make sense? That's that's my understanding.
Speaker 3: It does. It absolutely makes sense.
Speaker 2: I think about I don't know if we ever actually did the episode on it. Guys, do you remember if we did an episode on peak phosphorus. I feel like we did. I can hear the conversations in my head where we were discussing fertilizer and how much more you need in a monoculture system because the ground, that the soil isn't being replenished with the nutrients that it needs, so.
Speaker 3: You've got toil sour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you have to apply fertilizer like every time you plant corn in the same place again, over and over and over and over and over again. But if you were doing you know, less monocropping and changing those plants out, those crops out every time, you know, a new season came around, then you would get different nutrients in the soil. That's one of the reasons that what multi cropping, what do we call the sisters to all those things? That's why, Yeah, there we go. But that's why it's so important because you get different stuff in the ground and you don't have to artificially get the phosphorus and other things in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't have anything to add to that. I just thought that the response from mister Wiggles was worthy of introducing into this conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh, I will add this Noel the peak phosphorus thing. The reason why it's called peak phosphorus is because the world is running lower. The supplies of phosphorus, which is a major fertilizer that humans use, is on the massive decline, so eventually we may not be able to fertilize the plants that we need to monocrap.
Speaker 4: It's a finite resource, similar to helium. So if you're having a great day and it's too great a day for you or too great an evening, please check out our work on the subject. Notably, here's why we all recall this. We have a video from almost ten years ago now called what is peak Phosphorus? So it's a great primer on an issue that's often ignored in modern discourse because people already have their share of headlines and problems.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad there was a video bin because I would have had like ghost thoughts in my head about this whole thing.
Speaker 3: I think it might have been before my time, so I didn't ring a bell, but more relevant now than ever, So do check out that those two articles that I mentioned, and a huge thanks to mister Wiggles for writing in and adding to the conversation. Let's take a quick break here a word from our sponsor, and then come back with more messages from you.
Speaker 2: And we've returned. Guys, I'm about to do something atrocious. I'm going to do something taboo. It simply isn't done. I'm going to tell you about a dream I just had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people love hearing about other people's dreams. Let's go. I actually do, but it's a sort of a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I'm gonna go really quickly through this. Blaze through it just so you have an understanding, and it is related to what we're about to talk about. Okay, semi lucid dream. I wasn't positive I was awake, but I was able to move through the dream willingly. Does that make sense. I was laying on the ground. I was looking up at the stars. Two of them that were close together, became really bright. Then they went dark. I said something something to the effect of, hey, y'all, get down here. The three lights came back on. I did my way. It was a craft, y'all. It was about the size of a sedan with no wheels. Landed right next to me. I calmly stood up and out of the craft exited Actor Stephen Lang. Do you guys remember Stephen Lang? Do you know who this is? Is that ring a bell?
Speaker 3: Sure does really a bell? What was he in?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the machine gun toting dude in the Avatar.
Speaker 2: Yes, the colonel from Avatar got out and just did a little Sorkin walk and talk with me and showed me some weird stuff. And he showed me a creature, a thing, a person that was a lot like doctor Reed Richards, like had the stretchy arms like mister Fantastic, but he looked like Ben Grimm. The thing so like imagine Ben Grimm, but with mister Fantastic's powers. I don't remember much other than that, or at least I would probably be making it up if I told you more. That's all I remember.
Speaker 3: So your dream was a mishmash of Avatar and the Fantastic Four. You are a nerd, sir, really, and oh my god.
Speaker 2: But the whole point was of it. The whole point was the whole walk and talk and all that stuff. I it wasn't one of those passive dreams. It was I made myself stand up, I made myself walk with him and observe all the stuff and see, including some kind of weird factory thing that we toured, and lucid dreaming is something we've talked about a lot in the past. And another thing we've done in the past is here from kubize Evaka, who left us a voicemail back in July talking about the covert use of drone footage and home insurance assessments. This is a while back, but for some reason, having that dream, then hearing this voicemail about some form of drone right or a vehicle in the sky like this, uh, and then to have him send us this message, it's all connecting.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys here con because I just came across this article about this company called rem Space. They are out of California, and they claim that they've been able to confirm making two people communicate in their dreams. It's pretty crazy. Is it going to lead to companies being able to place ads in our dreams? And you wake up craving McDonald's because they've been playing it in your head all night and maybe even subconsciously you don't remember the dreams, but you're craving McDonald's. Or is it even kind of proved some kind of human telepathy and we're able to communicate through our minds. Pretty interesting. Check out the articles very science and technical how they talk about it. But yeah, check it out.
Speaker 2: Thanks, We're pretty use this message.
Speaker 3: Boom.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, notice the last thing that com Visit Vaka said there. It's very important when you call in let us know if we can use your name and message on the air, just like that, you guys. Targeted dreams, targeted dream incubation. That term specifically is something we talked about back in July of twenty twenty one. Remember the Core's beer ads. We recently brought up again.
Speaker 4: Tap the Rockies and bottom process seeing in lucid dreams. I'm really excited, Cabezit Devaka, because oh well, I don't want to stuff on tooes, but I'm excited when we talk about lucid dreaming and this study.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, lucid dreaming, astral projection, telepathy, all the things that essentially another world that exists parallel to ours or as an overlay to hours, that we might be able to access when in our unconscious states. That's stink and exciting. I don't care who you are, it should be at least that's the avatar thing kind of right or in a way not really no, it's not, but it is, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's of that level that wow factor there, you know.
Speaker 2: So this company, which if you couldn't understand in that message just because its phone audio is rem space, so our em space and the well one of the articles at least that discusses the thing that Kabeza Devaca talks about out there. You can find it on ABC Channel seven News' website. It was written October seventeenth, twenty twenty four. It is titled Bay Area Startup claims it developed two way communication between people via dreams. Very cool, right? That feels like earth shattering information. We can communicate while we're asleep with each other. Think about what that could do for long distance relationships or for creative partners like a writer and an actor or a director and their crew. Amazing if you could communicate in dreams and have, you know, be in that creative space and then share in that creativity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of makes things like the metaverse a little bit irrelevant when you think about it, right, right, whatever, we can share a consciousness and manipulate that consciousness like a dream like together whoa cool the ultimate chat room.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and we know that some of the most influential books and films and music have at least in some way been inspired by what occurs in that dream space. Right in that layer of creativity that we all access. We all sleep, whether we want to or not. Unfortunately, it's just a part of life, but it could be an amazing part of life. So we jumped to this article by Zack Puintez. Let's just read some of this. The Redwood City startup says it reached the milestone on September twenty fourth, twenty twenty four, with technology that links to people in a lucid dream state, and then it says that they achieved the same communication or similar communication again in October of twenty twenty four, and it is specifically talking about this company that compositive acumentioned rem Space, whose CEO is a gentleman named Michael Reduga r Aduga. And this announcement came with pictures of the sleep study participants who are attached to all kinds of different things, like nodes attached to their basically where their larynx would be to their brain, you know, via electrodes on the skull that all goes down to a system that like straps to your I guess lower body. That is kind of the computer that then communicates via Wi Fi and theoretically the two sleep participants, who are in completely different places both you know, according to at least the people running the study are experiencing some form or some level of lucid dream state, who then send signals through all of their electrodes to that computer through the Wi Fi back out the Wi Fi on the other participant side through their system, and then signals are received. So signals are both sent and received via this technology that remspace has developed. It sounds really cool, right, Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I guess I can't really wrap my head around. I don't know, like, can you explain the technology behind this thinking a little bit more?
Speaker 2: Well, if we want to understand the technology, you can read through that articles much as you want, But it, unfortunately is kind of like a press release. It's like, hey, here's some information that we've got, here's what the company is stating. So what we're gonna do is jump to the company. You can jump to remspace dot net and find the home page of this company that is a startup out in San Francisco. It does exist on there. You can find the about page that says about Michael Reduga and remspace Incorporated, and you can learn a little bit more about the folks who are creating this specifically. Michael Reduga is an interesting character that we're gonna reveal a little bit more at the end of the segment. But this guy is he is well known in this space. Let's say, he's been experimenting in many different ways with sleep studies. He's been researching rem sleep, sleep paralysis, and a bunch of other things for a long time. And he is a kind of adventor like coming up with ways to both monitor dream states and potentially affect dream states. He's written a lot of books. You can find them. Many of them are just translations of the same book. The primary book you can find is titled The Phase Phase. It is a guide book for lucid dreaming and out of body travel. There's a lot of praise and a lot of criticism for this book and the ideas and theories that it contains. You can look all of that up on your own. It is also important to state that remspace has an app as well as something called Lucid me Echo, which is a dietary supplement for Lucid dreaming.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you lost me a dietary supplement, bro I was on board, And so it just seems like a red flag, don't you think.
Speaker 2: Well, that's kind of what I'm trying to say here without outright seeing it. You know, take that information as you will. If you have the same feeling as NOL, you have the same feeling as me, where it's like, oh, okay, what is this company and what are they doing? But then you also have to you imagine, what if you are a company that's attempting to help people reach LUCID dream states, and what if there actually is some kind of supplement that can assist in that, then that would be awesome.
Speaker 3: It's true, I think supplement it just becomes such a buzzword for scam. I don't know, maybe that's just me being jaded, because I sure would love to believe that this thing was possible somewhere down the line.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's just you. So this is what I would do next. I would point everybody towards the Instagram page of Michael Riduga. It is at Michael Underscore Rduga And on that Instagram account you can find posts from October and I think October is the best one to look at October and yeah, October eighth, there is a video that tries to an animation, let's say, that attempts to explain how this technology functions, just by showing where the signals are coming from and going. And then there's a picture of the two sleep study participants, both in their separate beds wearing this technology that you know, these are allegedly the two people that sent signals. And the next thing over is a diagram basically that shows how these signals travel. Right, so imagine from an engineer's perspective, this is how these signals actually go and how the one dreamer gets a signal that then makes the other dreamer send a signal that is supposed to be the same signal. And that's how you know communication has occurred. Then, guys, for the last thing, we have to jump to something from the Daily Mail that was posted in July twenty twenty three, and here's the title. Russian researcher with cult following claims to have implanted a chip into his brain in the hope of controlling his dreams by performing surgery on himself at home. Okay, so this story is about a time when the CEO of Rems Sleep, Michael Reduga, bought a drill like a drill you can buy at a store, and then proceeded to drill a hole in the top of his skull, wherein he lost a leader of blood and then he implanted a chip into his own brain and then had to go to the hospital for quite a while.
Speaker 3: It's like some mad scientist level stuff right there.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of the film Pie a bit. Oh yeah, right, And you can read all about this. You can read about mister Riduga's you know, reasons for doing this and why he wanted to and felt like he kind of had to. It's the actions I would say of somebody that either you know, doesn't care about the risks to their own life with performing that kind of thing because what they're pursuing feels like it's so important, or if somebody just isn't thinking right unfortunately, because that kind of action is extremely not only dangerous, it's deadly most of the time. Yeah, exactly. And by the way, he did have to go like he did have to go in and remove that chip. He had to have it removed because he was threatening his life. So not a great idea. I don't know, what do you guys think about all this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cobza Devaka, thank you so much for taking the time to reach out. A book recommendation that I think we may all enjoy in this regard because dreams are an amazing thing and not limited to humans, is a book by an MIT professor of I think physics and creative writing. A guy named Alan Leimann wrote a fantastic book called Einstein's Dreams, and if you are at all interested in these sorts of high concepts, please do check out Einstein's Dreams. We're not being paid to say so, Matt. I believe one of the interesting things here in Cabeza Devaka. You clocked this as well, I'm sure, is the creation of a specific language for communication. And this occurs in step with the recent breakthroughs in brain I was said brain reading, but you know, neuro monitoring, wherein a human being or a human brain can and be given a prompt like think of a square, and the brain will think of a square, will picture the image, you know, in its own headspace, and then scientists have figured out how to process or translate that image. So the idea of this happening in lucid dreaming is fascinating. We have to add to that the idea that this could potentially be non consensually deployed in the future. You see the earlier conversation about the nature dreams and Core's ads. One thing that's standing out to be here in kbize devake, Well do you write with your ideas on this? Love from everybody on this the diet, right, we were rightly exercising skepticism regarding the idea of supplements making someone more conducive to lucid dreaming. However, it's a long standing thing or belief in many cultures that certain foods, especially dairy products, can alter your dreams. What is that Clay Nation show about cheese whe where if you cheese you get weird dreams. Anyway, you guys know what I'm referencing, right, the idea that consume me certain spicy food food. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I always heard. I always heard cheese could do it. So maybe big Cheese needs to throw their big Parma needs to throw their throw their funding toward this dream research. But I love this stuff. I hope it continues.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The lucid me echo formula, according to the website, increases the synthesis and concentration of acetyl coaline ace e T y L C h O L I n E, which is a neurotransmitter according to the website that strengthens rem sleep and maintains it even in the presence of consciousness. So that's a little I don't know, sounds like the sleepwalking thing that a lot of people experience when they, you know, take certain sleep drugs.
Speaker 3: Definitely right, like what is it Lunesta and things like that where you make weird food in a few state in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mmmmmm. Well, there's lots to lots of roads to go down with this if you want to kind of follow the trail on your own, I would say. The Daily Mail article references that mister Raduga is not a doctor, but his previous work has attracted the attention of thousands because he's been making lots and lots of videos in many places, encouraging the idea that lucid dreaming is the perfect chance to do all sorts of things and could be utilized by people who experience, you know, paralysis for one reason or another, and they could use their dream life to experience things that they are unable to in their waking world, which is a you know, and that's a It reminds me of what Elon Musk is trying to do with some of the brain interface stuff and with other people who are pioneers in the research of computer brain interfaces. Just in this case, it's brain to dream interface.
Speaker 3: Doesn't It just seem though, guys, that the way we experience dreams. And this is also something that like gets you know, dramatized a lot in films, Like there's a term dream logic that exists for a reason. I just can't it seems like even if you were able to like quote unquote infiltrate somebody else's dreams or have some sort of shared dreaming experience, would you even understand one another, Like, would you be able to like, I can't control my dreams with my mind that it's kind of happened, Like it just seems like there's a randomness involved in what dreams you know, present to us.
Speaker 4: What if you're dreaming right now, well that's okay, fair enough, Yeah, I mean no, it's I'm waxing philosophical. I know we've got to move on, so I'll keep it brief. But you raise an excellent point. No, the idea of communication in waking space is already fraught with a lot of misinterpretation, right, And sometimes, as I've mentioned in a previous it was either one of these or an episode. We're often speaking to our idea of a person when we're awake, right, And it reminds me of the old the old trope, which I don't know how much science there is behind this, but the old trope is that you never meet a stranger in a dream because they are all some facet of oneself. Now, if this kind of communication two way street stuff can recur, meaning if brains can reciprocate communication with each other in a dream state, then it also logically means it would be possible to do so in a waking state, which could be great for connecting with people. I'm being a little optimistic there, but I'm always trying to be positive.
Speaker 2: There we go, We'll shout out to my projection of Stephen Lang that existed in my brain this morning. He was your spirit guide. Yes, tell us about all of this. You can contact us. We'll tell you how to do at the end of the episode. For now, we'll hear a quick word from our sponsor and be right back with more messages from you.
Speaker 4: And we have returned. An interesting thing happened out in the dark of our correspondence, a thing that I hope we all enjoy. We got a response to a classic episode we did on the concept of chimera quite recently. Chimera just being loosely defined as an agglomeration of various different living things, and it harkens back to the ancient myths of the chimera of old. So we received an excellent letter that launched a discourse between us and our conspiracy realist, Colby Jack Cheese, who says, call me Colby Jack Cheese, and you can read this aloud if you like. With that out of the way, I just got listening to the chimera classic and this is something I've rolled around in my head quite a bit because it's an extremely interesting question. Let's get to it. Getting new organs from animals, says Colby Jack, is going to be a godsend for people who need them, and I would argue that it is the right thing to do. Saving lives via organ transplant is an incredible thing to do. But what about the cosmetic end If you could, says Colby, would you get feline ears or the claws of an eagle, or maybe the tail of a creature only if it's prehensile Colby, just being honest with you. A lot of money, says Colby, could be made with this type of mutation or surgery. But before all of that, think of the military applications. Give soldiers animal eyes so they can see in low light situations, no need for heavy night vision goggles. Maybe you have an altered human in your squad that can hear things that your human ears can't process, or something that can move faster than you can register. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, You get the point, says Colby. Jack The only thing that is stopping this in our current timeline is someone with a mind numbingly big bank account, some curious doctors, and someone who can lack some laws for X, Y or Z reason. I don't think this will happen in the good old USA. We're becoming the uncle that is stuck in our ways and watching too much television currently making the world where this line has been crossed, and the aftermath of it fascinates all of us. Love what you guys do keeping me out of my own head. What I need to hear someone else. Much love from me to you, happy turning of the calendar, and all of the other excuses we use to party at the lip of this volcano. Colby, Jack Cheese, love.
Speaker 3: The ending right, It's beautiful. Absolutely so, we.
Speaker 4: Responded to Colby and Colby, you really got our gears turning got us cooking with gas. Because this is a thread that we've explored in previous episodes and previous investigations. This kind of technology typically rolls out in a three step process. First, you are absolutely right, You are absolutely right, dude. The government or military industrial complex gets something like this up and running, tip of the cap to DARPA. An example here would be the very real work that we briefly mentioned earlier, going into improving the blood of future warfighters, the circulation, how much oxygen can be transmitted, you know, increasing the amount of activity they can engage in in very hot or very cold environments. That's our first step. And if we pause there, if you guys, you listening at home most supportly, and you Matt and you knowl and Dylan get in here. If you can. If you could pick one physical modification to your body found in other animals, what would it be or would you say, now I'm keeping it one hundred.
Speaker 3: That is tough. I'm going to think about this for one second. Well, I do point out that there's a film from twenty twenty the didn't hear much about it that looks like it's very good, but starring Jamie Fox called Project Power. That's about a serum that gives people animal abilities, like you know, the cunning of a wolverine is exactly. Yeah, for sure. I'm surprised that nobody's, nobody else has done this. And then I didn't hear much about this, but I was literally doing that thing where you google animal powers, movie action, you know whatever, and this is what popped up. But I think you're referring to the.
Speaker 6: Pistol shrimp, is what it says here, something called a pistol shrimp, which I don't even know what that is, wolverine, wolverine frog, and also a chameleon, which is chameleon would be kind of cool.
Speaker 4: But is there a difference between a pistol shrimp and a manta shrimp.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just see it in the in the wiki here it's called it calling it a pistol shop. Probably not, Ben, you know a little bit more about these things, likely than I do. But the wolverine frog is literally a hairy frog, which is kind of crazy. Well, and its.
Speaker 2: Bones stick out of its feet when it's in danger, it breaks.
Speaker 4: Its It breaks its own bones, and they project from its skin for an improvised melee weapon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this film takes place in New Orleans and also starts Joseph Gordon Levitt, who develops the power to harden his skin, making him well proof. I believe that is derived from an armadillo. I don't know, man an animal one. It's it's so much harder than just a general run of the mill's superpower, you know what I mean, Because a lot of animal adaptations wouldn't be beneficial to us.
Speaker 4: And you'd have to think about the implications of the rest of your still human system. That's right, gets into breathing under water could be tight.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't mean I have to have gills, which is like, you know, kind of hideous person.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily, because liquid oxygen is a thing. But I guess you could have gills or you could adapt some way to uh consume oxygen via your skin. But then you get into the problem of water pressure, like how deep can you go because you're still built for land.
Speaker 3: Now you just don't drown.
Speaker 2: Oh guys, I have to tell you. Jamie Fox also came to mind when thinking about this, but not for that film, for a different one called They Cloned Tyrone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually pretty good.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about the DARPA experience point Ben Like DARPA just getting a hold of some like this. You would need multiple versions of the same thing to test all the various you know ways that you add things to You need the same subject basically in a case study.
Speaker 4: So what we're doing j Jonah Jamison style is pounding the desk and saying we need ten clones.
Speaker 2: Of Jamie Fox specific right.
Speaker 4: Well, everybody says that, you know, check out his new Netflix special We're big, We're big Fox fans. We do also have some breaking news from Tennessee pal Dylan Fagan. He simply said, night vision baby, Oh yeah, not bad, not bad. That's a common that's a common thing. I wonder if you would if you're going ahead to get night vision, why not go for the full premium package whatever it's been sold as, wherein you can also see further into the spectrum of light. So get some in th red, some.
Speaker 3: UV, you know, a casion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go. And what about you, Matt before we move to the second point of this rollout, Do you have an animal attribute that you would you would consider signing up for.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: It's oceanic based, and I would go with chromatophors.
Speaker 4: Just for the club, you know, Yeah, the cells that allow certain cephalapods to change color and texture color specifically for chremetaphors.
Speaker 2: I want both, Yeah, I say.
Speaker 4: You know, if you're already subscribing, go all the way you know what I mean, right right? So this leads us to the second part.
Speaker 2: Wait, what's yours?
Speaker 4: Oh that I don't already have? Yes, immortality, you know, check out our earlier episodes on the imperfect immortality of I think three different kind of life forms on I almost said on the US on Planet Earth.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know that i'd want immortality, but maybe like the lifespan of an alligator, you know, or like one of those sea turtles, sea turtle exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also maybe the ability to regrow limbs. That could be cool. But honestly, I would want to think through this more on my own, and I appreciate you asking that. I promise all of us fellow conspiracy realists, please be my account of Bill of buddies. I will really put some time into this and maybe we can return with our best picks because I keep thinking of the implications, you know what I mean, Like what if the immortality of a biological creature is such a fausty embargain spoiler, All the current versions of immortality are terrible, They're not great, And I don't know. We'll come back maybe in the following weeks with some thoughts on this. If we move through the way, this kind of technology, which is almost inevitable at this point, if we roll through the way, it would roll out. Yes, first, government, military, industrial Second, your early adopters. These are usually going to be people at the top of the socioeconomic pyramid in your neck of the global woods, or maybe they'll be patients in a public private initiative or some kind of research program. They'll get some version of whatever the discovery is, and it might be defanged but to prevent rogue superhumans from hitting a public square, because imagine that's cinematic, right. What if it turns out you could get that wolverine frog adaptation and it was super easy. It was like buying a five hour energy drink at your gas station. Now all of a sudden you got rogue superhumans breaking their arms and attempting to rob banks with their wolverine things. Also how painful, Yeah, place too.
Speaker 3: And I mean there's certain I guess parts of the wolverine mythos or pantheon where I believe he does talk about how it hurts.
Speaker 4: It hurts every time, Yeah, Bob. And this is where, okay, this second step. An early adopter, you know, like the billionaire we talked about obviously, who is trying to live forever and treating his son like a blood bag. These kind of folks are the demographic that might come in to fund research, maybe on a medical condition that's personally important to them, or it may be a larger study like a great BioMed outfit at an ivy League of your choice moves to human subjects. Tricky thing here, Colby Jack, is that usually when those kind of experiments occur, just being honest, it happens well after the first human experimentation. The first human experimentation of this kind of stuff is typically going to be soldiers, prisoners, slaves, or other disadvantaged populations people without the right of full consent.
Speaker 3: It would totally be soldiers here, right, if it works? Well, what are some other X Men characters that have animal powers? There's that frog that toad guy, right, yeah, and hop and he can't and he and he does have some adaptations that are pretty gross, like he's got elongated hansile tongue. Are there any others?
Speaker 4: There are a bunch of there are a bunch of werewolf type of folks. Oh gosh, your name is Ray. But yeah, there's uh yeah, there are people who could change in the wolves. There are villains like wild Child or saber Tooth that have atavistic adaptations. There are people who can talk to animals, which is really cool. You just say animal Man people who can talk to animals.
Speaker 3: But there's a like more of a Indie Coffee DC animal Man, which I believe is a little bit more of like a weird one. I don't I don't know, but it's more of a cult following.
Speaker 2: Isn't that didn't animal? Am I getting this wrong? Isn't animal? Grant Morrison? Or no, yes Morris?
Speaker 4: Uh, there are also I mean there's a ton of this stuff, right. Animal empathy is a power. Uh you you may feel that you encounter that on your own already. There are tons right into us with your favorite ones. We got to say, though, the third roll out of this or the third iteration, is the most dangerous. It's when it becomes available to the public economy of scale, commodify it, monetize it.
Speaker 3: And this is tricky.
Speaker 4: I would pose it because I think about this so often. When for profit businesses enter the narrative. We are going to see subscription models for numerous types of modification. Right, what if you can get your bulletproof skin, but to avoid organ rejection, you have to, for the rest of your life take a daily pill, right, take a daily treatment so that your skin, your new skin, does not get treated as an interloper in your still.
Speaker 3: Human system and rejected. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then what if the same corporate entity that owns a certain type of modification also owns the spinoff company that gives you the medicine to survive it?
Speaker 3: We'll sue the pants off of them and then we'll sell them pants come right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that was a great I'm so sorry we've also I know, I always noticed that I miss I miss some of the intricacies of y'all's drops that.
Speaker 3: You do, and I just didn't want anyone to think that I was taking credit for making that up. It's very fun and very appropriate here, but yeah, mister show all day long, or like.
Speaker 4: In thirty Rock when they figure out you can uh. I think it's thirty Rock referencing the idea that you can sell chips that cause diarrhea and still make bank as long as your company also sells diarrhea medication in the same store.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Diversification, baby integration, but it's.
Speaker 2: The same product. It's like it has fast acting digestive problems and then tons of fiber that comes after it.
Speaker 4: Like, what could you tack on? Just like a congressional spending bill, you know, you you would get a subscription service in some cases. You know, we if we walk this out a little bit, we can imagine the problems a government or state actor would have negotiating with a private company and say, hey, this person is alive because they have a transplanted pig's heart, but they can't afford the monthly medication. Do they just die as a result of not being wealthy. That's a huge cause of death in this country already. And we don't need animal superpowers to make that real. I don't know, Like, okay, take it even further. What if there was a cloning technology.
Speaker 1: You need a new.
Speaker 4: What's a fun thing to need?
Speaker 3: You need a new eye?
Speaker 4: You already got one, but joining you know you want the second one back, and you don't want it from a stranger, right, that's a little invasive to you. So you make a deal to clone a new eye or new cornea from your own DNA. This could save billions of lives, especially if we're talking about mission critical stuff like a heart or lungs. Right, But the clock then would be ticking if a company owns this, how do we decide who gets to be first in line?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: If there are just very dumb math here. If there are ten people who need a new heart grown from their own DNA, and we can only do it one at a time, how do we order the people? Right? How do we decide who gets the new heart? First, and who has to gamble on surviving to be number ten?
Speaker 3: I mean, is that any different than the way Oregon transplants currently work?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 4: You know, you can pay your way up on that list, just like paying extra to skip the line at Disney World or recently the Vatican.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of Disney World, I mean, I'm sorry that Kno, this isn't about that, but they recently introduced a new fast pass that's like one thousand dollars or something crazy like that. It's just completely becoming a luxury experience. And that's just You're right to your point. I only mentioned that because these types of add on subscriptions, et cetera are just making things prohibitive for certain types of folks, just period, you know, whatever they might be.
Speaker 4: And that is true.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 4: You can now buy a line skip pass at the Vatican should you want to visit, Uh yeah, skip the line tickets for.
Speaker 3: For the Catholic Church.
Speaker 4: Dare I say a new version of an indulgence too far, too far, too far, goes straight to God. So we have set a precedent for this commodification of things that are inherently crucial to life on Earth, and we see that there is already a corrupted global network of organ trading. Please check out our Red Market episodes and videos. It's so tough, you guys.
Speaker 3: Well, even things like does GLP one medication, you know, which is like it's been very, very valuable to a lot of people that have struggled with you know, being overweighted, et cetera, and it could potentially lead to better health. It's not just a completely vain pursuit for many folks. We actually had a very interesting conversation with a listener about that very thing about how I believe it was zet bound or one of those medications really changed their life for the better. But we see it being priced out for so many people that actually could benefit from it, that maybe struggle with chronic obesity, and it's just become such a popular thing that it's they can charge whatever they want for it, and it's just really something that's really only accessible to certain folks. Yeah, it reminds me of the excellent work of Jonas Salk. You know, he's the guy who decided to be a real bro and not to make billions of dollars off forcing people to pay for something that could save their lives. Unfortunately, history proves that is a choice that not all humans make, and we know this will continue. It is so tough to make one thousand percent accurate or even one one hundred percent accurate keep it predictions in these areas, partially due to the secrecy, and that secrecy is a function of potential wartime advantages and to your point, Wilby Jack, the profoundly dangerous ethical implications. The only reason some of this stuff hasn't happened yet is because humanity loosely collectively decided to have rules about what could and could not be considered evil science. Now, how long will that weird gentleman's agreement hold.
Speaker 4: Maybe not as long as we'd like to think.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a really good point, Ben. It reminds me of the way so many things that we thought were just understood in government were really just a product of historical decorum, you know. And all it takes is just one bad actor. I guess you could call it to break that decorum, and then all bets are off because it was never really codified in the first place. It's just something that we assume would always be agreed upon because of course it would be because it makes sense logically, but no, then you just have to have someone that's bold enough to flip those norms on their head, and then before you know it, you got a doctor Frankenstein situation.
Speaker 4: And we won't have time for letters from home this evening, But thank you, Humorous Harry copyats Asterisk, thank you, and thank you for the awesome Limerick Darcy. The last point on this exploration of animal superpowers human modification, which is very much on the way. The last point is this, it may already be happening and the public just doesn't know about it yet. We will return with explorations in this regard in the meantime. Thank you so much, Steve from Ohio, Colby, Jack Cheese, Cabisa Devaka, mister Wiggles, and everybody else who took the time to join us out here in the dark. We want to hear from you. What is your favorite wait, like, what animal inspired superpower would you want? And really think about the implications, Really think about how it would affect the rest of your body entire Write to us, call us on the phone, find us on the internets. Should thou sip thy social needs?
Speaker 3: Indeed, if you so choose. You can seek us out at the handle conspiracy Stuff, or we exist on Facebook with our Facebook group. Here's where it gets crazy. Get in on the conversation why don't you We'll be waiting for you there. You can also find us that handle on x fka Twitter as well as YouTube, where you can find video content, gloor to Enjoy, on Instagram and TikTok. We are Conspiracy Stuff show, and you can also find this as individual human people on the Internet. We promise we're not bots. You can find me exclusively on Instagram at the handle how now Noel Brown.
Speaker 4: You can also contact me directly with your animal superpower pitches at www dot DARPA, dot milil forward slash contact. If that doesn't work for you, find me at ben Bullen on Instagram app and Bulan hsw on Twitter or the website Ben Bolin and we'll tell you some more ways to contact us. As a show.
Speaker 2: Matt Frederick underscore, iHeart what he gave it away. That's the real one.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Ah Hey, we also have a phone number. It's one eight three three st d WYTK.
Speaker 3: Give us a call.
Speaker 2: Tell us your dreams. It's cool what epps when you do call in, give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. If you've got more to say than could fit in a three minute voicemail, why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 4: We are the entities that read every piece of correspondence we receive, and email is one of the best ways to reach out and high five some tentacles with us. Give us what's on your mind, give us new leads for episodes, please please please respond with the superpower conversation, and of course, if you got something crazy to tell us about, don't hold back. There's no limit to how much you can write, So join us out here in the dark. Conspiracyradio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't Want You to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.