Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, everybody, It's Thursday, January sixteenth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. We're starting to go fund me for Florio's plane ticket. Me and your man MG Marcus, joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. Uh yeah, so, Floria, you were saying to us after Tuesday show, you're considering a little road trip for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, I uh.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to go to a Bills playoff game, and you guys can attest like going to a regular season game is not really possible with the job that we had, playoffs could be. Last year, I had my tickets all booked, not not booked, but like about to hit book and then they were like six feet of snow's coming into Buffalo. So I said no. And then this trip around, I guess because it's the game of the week, It's Sunday night. Everyone all the TV people need a fly home Monday. They want four figures to fly home just to fly home. Oh my god, I'm not sure I'm gonna But also after that, I went and I checked the weather for the game. Uh, they're predicting it's gonna be something around ten degrees with the real feel of like in the negatives. So I think me watching from home might be the best bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that feels like a good call.
Speaker 3: You gotta pick a team that doesn't have to deal with that type of weather, my boy.
Speaker 4: Or at least one in a dome or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like why don't they have a dome at this point? Seriously though, They're building a new stadium and it's an outdoor and finans are like, build a dome, and they're like, look, we're gonna make it where the snow won't fall on the fans, but the field we want snow. And I'm like, you have, Josh Allen, let's not take them away in the snow.
Speaker 1: The word part about this, and I know, like you know you have, you have the football whether people out there who are like this is the way the game's supposed to be played, like it's not an advantage really for anybody, Like you have the greatest athletes in the world, you're gonna make them play in awful conditions. And on top of it, it's not like it's not like all of the Buffalo Bills are from Buffalo and are used to playing in the snow, right, like I get it. Josh Allen went to Wyoming and he played in the snow and.
Speaker 4: The cold, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he did at some point when he was was you know, in Wyoming. But like James Cook, it's more like Florida. He's from Miami, right, he went to Georgia. Like sucks right, Like he's not rum He's not He wasn't born playing in this kind of weather. Like, I don't know. That's just me and I'm sure that, you know, the football people will be like whatever. Me as a native California is like this sucks, That's all I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't get it. Man, even like I've I don't know, growing up doing snow removal and being in that weather and stuff, it sucks. Like there's it's fun for an hour or so and then it's awful.
Speaker 5: Like will my socks get wet because of snow and rain? I just want to fight.
Speaker 3: My day is ruined. My socks are wet, and I can't go home. One of the worst experiences of my life is walking at like five in the morning in a blizzard to the New York City subway and I like wanting to fight everyone in my path.
Speaker 1: That day, or exactly like you said, snow is fun when you know you can leave it, like when he's there and you get to play for a couple days and you have to go home.
Speaker 4: That's when snow is fun. When you have to live in it.
Speaker 1: I'd imagine I say this just guessing because I've never lived in a snowy area.
Speaker 4: It doesn't seem like it'd be a whole lot of.
Speaker 3: You would want to buy a flame thrower. You look like a flame for a guy. It's fun if you don't have to go out. If you're home with a bunch of food and you don't have to go out, it's great.
Speaker 1: Having a flamethrower. Though, that does sort of change my opinion. Do I get the win and just like use it that?
Speaker 3: That does seem kind of coo once upon a time in Hollywood style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that seems kind of Also, we got plenty of something talking about We're gonna get sind you. Our exit interviews with draft picks five through eighths also give you a little bit of a preview for the divisional round. But before we dive into this too, so on the last show, uh Lakwan, you debuted your blonde hair, which.
Speaker 4: You know, Florida I thought looked good. We thought it was a good look on you.
Speaker 1: Today it is back to normal, which makes me wonder what was the response from the family when they saw it.
Speaker 3: So the wife called me off guard.
Speaker 5: She kind of just like walked in and I was just like, oh crap, I can't record it.
Speaker 3: But she was just like jaw dropping, like what did you do to yourself?
Speaker 5: But like eventually, like once you see it in the light, She's like, it doesn't look that bad on you, but I just need some time to get used to it. And I'm like, oh, this is a good thing. I could probably rock this look.
Speaker 3: My kids hated.
Speaker 5: The kids they thought was Halloween. Like Layla's like touching my hair, like is this why is it like this? And the kids they say to Darness things.
Speaker 1: Well, your son had a p it'sicularly interesting review of what your hair looked like.
Speaker 5: Like he oh my god, Like Marcus, I forgot to tell you the story last time on the pod. He makes you out to be cooler than you already are. Like we're watching the Rams game and he's looking like Marcus, let's go, and he's saying number fifteen DeMarcus Robinson, but he's like Daddy's friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dadd nosing.
Speaker 1: He really thought it was you.
Speaker 3: But Mason, he's one of a kind man.
Speaker 5: But one of my friends actually real quick said that I look like the evil negative.
Speaker 3: Version of a monrod Say Brown. I can sake. I love that one.
Speaker 1: Ah. That's funny. By the way, you can. You can let Mason know. And I'm letting you guys know.
Speaker 4: I love you all.
Speaker 1: If I was making even DeMarcus Robinson money, I wouldn't be here doing a podcast with you all.
Speaker 3: No, no, tressed. It would be if you did a show on Sunday mornings and then laced up for the.
Speaker 1: Was running routes Sean McVay, I'd be amazing. Yeah, I even if I was making like NFL minimum money, I wouldn't be here doing the podat I love you, but no, I just I absolutely wouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 3: Look, LaQuan, it sounds like if you do want full time blonde hair, you just ease it in a couple of days and day it's just permanent.
Speaker 4: It's just there. Yeah, you just do that.
Speaker 1: Maybe we do that, man, I like say, all right, let's get to our exit.
Speaker 3: Interviews.
Speaker 1: Here, we will start with the number five pick that belongs to the Jacksonville Jaguars. They went four and thirteen this season.
Speaker 4: What went right?
Speaker 1: Undoubtedly it was Brian Thomas Junior. Eighty seven receptions, over twelve hundred nearly thirteen hundred receiving yards, ten touchdowns. He was the wide receiver four. I mean, look, Florida, I know you were a elite Neighbors person. I know a lot of people were Marvin Harrison people. I look not to say that we didn't think Brian Thomas couldn't be good. Did you imagine a world of where he was a top five receiver coming in?
Speaker 3: No, No, And as much as you know, I like to take credit for being on like Jaden and Melik Neighbors and Lad McConkie and those guys coming out of the draft, one of my I won't say like I wasn't like Brian Thomas Junior is a buster or anything like that, but I thought he was the fifth best wide receiver in this class last year, and that is clearly a swing at a miss. He's much better than that. Like Ladd McConkie, Melik Neighbors and him are the clearcut top three from this class or as of right now, Marvin Harrison and Roma Dunza maybe could change that. But yeah, I think it's easy to feel good about Brian Thomas for next season because well, I know Lakwan hates his quarterback, but he's tied to way the better quarterback than than Malik Neighbors is right now. And the offense is gonna change with no Doug Peterson being there, but a lot of the pieces are gonna stay the same. And I mean, you'd have to be a fool if you got this job and you were suddenly like, we're not gonna run things through Brian Thomas Junior.
Speaker 4: So then is he a first round pick next year in fantasy?
Speaker 2: I I think he'll be one of those players on average is ADP will be first round, but he'll be someone like, uh, I'm trying to think like a back end first where sometimes you could get him in like the first or second pick in the second round.
Speaker 3: But I do think his ADP will be a late first all right.
Speaker 1: Then, as for what went wrong, and like, I don't know literally everything else pretty much in Jacksonville, I mean, Ark, we got to a point where Travis et In was unusable in fantasy, but take Bigsby wasn't really usable. He wasn't doing enough. You know, Trevor Lawrence got hurt. We saw mac Jones. So I do ask you, because you know Florida pointed out, look on you are an unabashed uh, Trevor Lawrence hater. The problem is they have signed him to an extension. They are tied to Trevor Lawrence. How much does that impact you're thinking when you're looking at drafting Brian Thomas j or. I guess Evan Ingram or a healthy Christian Kirk or whoever else may be there. Does that knock them down a couple of spots for you?
Speaker 5: Well, Like like Florio said, I could see him living on that back into that first early second, maybe even mid second. I just feel more comfortable in the second round with him because a lot of his emergence was situational. He's a great player, he's in a great situation. But you have Trevor Lawrence, he got injured, play ten games. You have ten forgettable games from David Davis. I mean he had twenty catches in ten games.
Speaker 4: Yikes.
Speaker 5: But then you have Evan Ingram, who's obviously a high priority target share at Christian Kirk, obviously a high priority target share in the offense. All these guys are returning next season, so this might change a little bit of Like, right now, it feels good saying he's a first round, early second round, but then once we get closer to draft day, ADP might slip a little because some of these guys are gonna come back healthy, still employed. Parker Washington, I hope he gets more opportunity if they move off of Christian Kirk, but more so looking at Trevor Lawrence, his habits, his tendencies, It's constantly going to be in the slot, and Brian Thomas Junior does not live there. In an emergence, I would say we should have we should have had a bigger scope on mac Jones because he went out there and looked very similar to whichever Lawrence when you put the numbers side by side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny too, because I at the end of the season, right and doing that last week or so of NFL Fantasy Live and trying to spin things forward to next year, my immediate reaction was, yeah, man, Brian Thomas is a first round pick. But as I stopped to really think about it, and you know, maybe got outside.
Speaker 4: Of the moment a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think I'm landing more to where you are, Lakwan, that maybe he's not. Maybe he's a second round pick, just because, as you mentioned, a lot of the guys are back, They're gonna be questions about the offense and what it's going to be exactly once we figure out the coaching staff that's going to be in place and how that's going to work out. So I think my recency bias immediately had me say yeah, first round pick. And now that I'm sort of you know, exhaling a little bit and sort of looking at the big picture here, maybe maybe not. Let me ask you, Forya, because I know you and I have sort of tried to make Trevor Lawrence a thing the last cut. Maybe not this year, the year before I know we did. Are we done with that? Is it over?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: The thinking is like, unless I'll take everything back if Ben Johnson ends up there, because I will trust him and his play calling and getting the most out of everyone there. But no, Yeah, like he had Doug Peterson, who we were all excited about, and like he even in his best years. He's never been a very great fantasy quarterback. He's more of like a fringy guy that you could play in the right matchup stuff like that. So, uh, it's one of the and then being tied to him is one of the reasons why I think that this is not one of the more appealing jobs this year, because I get there's a toolsy quarterback there, but it's also one that is getting paid a ton of money, and if you don't get the most out of him right away, you're both going to be gone from Jacksonville. So yeah, I've lost I, like many, I was a Trevor Lawrence believer when he came out of college, and I've lost all that. We all were. We all sold the dream man and it is not great.
Speaker 1: They threw around the G word, right, generational. That was the thing when he came out of Clemson, because I look, he had an amazing college career, right, There's no denying that was incredible in college. It has not translated. Look this year. Obviously, the injury limited him to just ten games this season, but it wasn't really great. He had that stretch late in twenty twenty two when it looked like he was starting to put some things together. Twenty twenty three was sort of underwhelming. Then this year was not great before the injury. We're coming up on year five now, and you know, I think at this point there's still hope that maybe he turns it around. Is at least a credible starting quarterback. But I think the idea that he is going to be the next great quarterbacking star in the NFL, I mean, I think that ship has sailed. But the Jaguars have made a commitment to him, so he's going to be there, you know, as long as he's healthy. He's going to be there for the foreseeable future. And that is going to sort of color everything around around what happens. I just got to ask you, Ques, what do we do about Travise etn because again, he was another guy that it looked like things were sort of happening for him, and this year he just just vanished.
Speaker 4: Really in the offense.
Speaker 1: I mean, I look, he played fifteen games, Like you would have had a hard time convincing me that he played that many games.
Speaker 5: This year, you have to just change your expectations, take the RB one lens off of him and just throw it at RB two low end RB two on him and just have your expectations in order when you go to draft day, Like if you're drafting as your RB one, you're going to be suffering pain if you're going to be drafting his handcuffing Tank Bigsby. He can't get out of his own way to actually be usole on the week to week basis. So if you're even diving into the Jaguars like running back room, you just have to have your expectations in order because there's plenty of games where you know, I just had to play Travis Etn, but he's shown up to put up decent points and you're like, Okay, I'm glad I made that move. He's one of those guys that you're gonna have to play based on matchup and based on who they bring in. You know, the coaching staff is gonna alter a lot of the conversations that we're having right now.
Speaker 3: Honestly. So it's a little bit early, but overall, Travis Etn, you just have to change your expectations for some running backs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know if he's an RB two. I mean if just if you just do it based on where he finished. He was the RB thirty five this year. It was it was rough just about one point, a little more than one point. I had to take take Bigsby like they were back to back.
Speaker 3: I had a league where I had both of them, and like trying to figure out which one. It's a deep league to like two flex spots and stuff, and trying to figure out which one of those two to play week to week was there was no rhyme or reason because there would be weeks You're like, all right, they're gonna be trailing and it wouldn't be an easy like I want no part of this backfield next year.
Speaker 1: No, just yeah, I mean really, outside of Thomas, I think I can make an argument for Christian Kirk, and I don't even know if I can make a case for Evan Ingram. I mean, like at least a healthy Christian Kirk I can sort of I can make a case for I don't know about Ingram. So it's really it's Brian Thomas Junior and maybe Christian Kirk. That's kind of it, guys that I'm I have any real level of interest in in drafts next year.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: With Thomas, I think it's gonna be a little of what we both said. Like in home leagues he's gonna be a second round pick, I think, but in those like June Best Ball drafts, he'll go in.
Speaker 4: The first I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I did so. I did a mock draft, like on my own XL sheet. I got him right now at the two to one spot. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with going Rock Bowers at that one twelve and then go Brian Thomas Junior. I'm okay with that. Wow, you're so you're taking Brock Bauers round one now one? Yeah, that's my prediction. This is my early predictions right now that I'm looking at for my mocks, and it's crazy, like I can't see myself taking Brian Thomas Junior over.
Speaker 3: Pooking Nakua, you know.
Speaker 5: I can't see him take us over Drake London. So that that makes the back like Elie Neighbors, he's going to be on that one ten spot, Like he's gonna be at that one ten, one twelve spot, Like can you fit Brian Thomas Junior there?
Speaker 3: Honestly? Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah, that's gonna be an interesting conversation once we start doing some more mock drafts and that sort of thing. But it's a perfect segue to the next team up. Who has the number six pick, and that's the Las Vegas Raiders at four and thirteen. It was almost like you read the rundown by the way, just real quick. Some of the big free some of the notable I want to say big notable free agents for the Jaguars, Mac Jones at the Ernest Johnson. Yeah, yeah, anyway, back to the Raiders, I went right for sure. It was Brock Bowers. You know, one hundred and twelve receptions at nearly twelve hundred yards, five touchdowns. He was the tight end one second year in a row that a rookie has been the overall tight end. One phenomenal season for Bowers, and in a year where I had he not gone to the Raiders, I think the draft capitol on him would have been nuts. He goes to the Raiders, who had previously spent a high draft pick on Michael Mayer. I for one was kind of like, oh no, I don't really love this situation. And then the Raiders just said, Michael Marrier just have a seat. Brock is gonna handle everything. Will be fine and everything worked out well for him. Jacoby Myers also had a really good season, and maybe it was overshadowed a little bit because of what Bowers did, but Myers eighty seven catches over one thousand yards, He had four touchdowns.
Speaker 4: He was the wide receiver nineteen.
Speaker 1: Definitely I think benefited from Devontae Adams getting traded at some point during the year. But career numbers for him, I mean career highs in receptions, his first career thousand yard season as well. So I feel like it was very quietly a good year for Jakobe Myers. So Lakwan said he's got Brock Bowers as a first round pick. Florio, do you have him as a first round pick this year?
Speaker 3: I could see him getting drafted as one me personally, I will not be the one doing it. Not that he doesn't deserve to be a first round pick, like the numbers he gave us this year with the quarterbacks that he did as a rookie, And it's not just like I know, we could be like, oh, well, look, rookie wide receivers are coming in and hitting the ground running like ever. But for rookie tight ends, it really is only the elites, although I will point out Kyle Pitts San Laporter both got worse through in the year two, than that's not the reason though I'm fading Bowers. I think Bowers is generational. I think him and Trey McBride are battling out to be the first tight end off the board next season. I just have always hated my bills when I take a tight end in the first round, so I need like a lot, like Lakwan says often, like, I feel like I need to leave with a wide receiver in that first round. And if I could get Tray McBride in round two rather than take Brock Bowers in round one, because I do think Bowers will go first. I think the name, the hype of being younger, stuff like that. But I just if he goes in round two, I could maybe convince myself to do it. But in round one, I just I've done it in the past and I've always hated it.
Speaker 1: First thing, yes, Sam Laporter was worse in year two than he was in year one, but that fall off was not as dramatic as Kyle.
Speaker 3: It looks like it would be though for a bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, Kyle pins went from a thousand yards as a rookie. Now granted he only played ten games in his second season, but three hundred and fifty six yards. I mean, you're talking about going from sixty yards a game to about thirty five yards per game.
Speaker 4: That is dramatic. Laporter did not have. He did not just jump off a cliff kept falling.
Speaker 1: He's sort of he sort of walked down a hill. It's kind of the way when for Sam Laporta in year two, I think I side with you Floria on this one, just because I said this late in the year. I think for me to consider a tight end in round one, that player has to be so much better than the other tight ends behind him that it's just an undeniable advantage, right, It's it's gotta be. You know, back to twenty twenty two, when Travis Kelce was one hundred points better than the tight end two, that wasn't the case. I mean, Bowers was was phenomenal. He beat Trade McBride by thirteen points. You know, like, that's not that's not so, that's that such a huge gap that I'm like, yeah, I gotta have him, Like I.
Speaker 4: Can wait this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean if Trade McBride scored more than two touchdowns receiving touchdowns all season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're only separated by the touchdowns really yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yardage why, I think it's about about fifty yards difference. It's like one reception different, Like that's really it. It's the touchdowns that sort of made the gap there between the two of them. So that's the only reason I think I can't really do brock Bauers in the in the first round at this point. So that went right for the Raiders. What went wrong for the Raiders? Sa Mere White? We can start there. I was gonna put the quarterbacks here, but let's be honest. I don't know that we had any real expectations for Raiders quarterbacks, did we.
Speaker 4: I mean no, the pre.
Speaker 3: Four wins, I did they not have? Hey, they gave the Rams. They gave the Rams a game too, apparently, so it was just whoa all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the preseason was a mid off between Gardner Minshew and Aidan O'Connell. At one point, things got so bad between injury and under performance that we saw Desmond Ritter get a start. Yeah, we just had noise I can't say that it went wrong because we didn't really expect much from them in the first place. But Zamir White, there was hope.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of excitement.
Speaker 1: I said before the season, you know, Josh Jacobs left and everybody was like, all right, it's a mere White season. And the Raiders went out and got Alexander Madison and everybody.
Speaker 4: Was like, all right, it's a mere White season.
Speaker 1: And then in the end two hundred and thirteen scrimmage yards and a touchdown and ended up missing the final seven games because of injury. Ol Q, I don't know where where did you fall on Zamir White at the start of the season compared to like, you know what happened.
Speaker 5: I would say as the summer started coming to it and I started coming around on the hype because it was just everywhere, and you're just like, you know what, I don't you know, think that I can make a case not to really draft him out. I feel like he has the lead role. We've seen Alexander Madison produced and it hasn't been much. But there's a lot of folks in therapy right now experience like that was a terrible experience. Like all my teams that I had him on were just complete nightmares. Like one of those leagues that I happened to have, you know, a Mir Duelo on the waiver wire. It saved my league and I still didn't make the playoffs. So it was just like running backs, when we make these hype trains, we need to look at the entire situation. Expectations at quarterback we didn't have any, so we knew it was bad. Expectations for the coaching, eh first year, first job, We'll see how it goes with the culture and see if they go out there and win games. But they weren't gonna win a bunch of games. The whole entire situation just had a red flag of just bad, bad, bad, And we still went out there and drafted this guy in the first six seven rounds like it's real nasty one.
Speaker 3: I think the big like, it's so funny to me that him and Alexander Madison shared the backfield because Samir White was the Alexander Madison from the year prior. And to me, I think what the big lesson is is we need to stop seeing a running back, a backup running back have a good game or a couple of good games and be like, now, imagine what he could do over seventeen because it's so much easier to do it in a spot start or for a couple of games, especially when there's not tape out on you late in the year, especially when defenses are banged up, like Zamir White did it last at the end of twenty twenty three. So I don't know who fits the bill. I have to like think more who fits the bill for this year in that mold, but like stop chasing these small sample sizes and thinking like, all right if it hits over seventeen games, because it's there's a reason why Zamir White and Alexander Madison were career backups for so long, taking a pen and scratching out my sincere McCormick takes. I love.
Speaker 4: Sincere McCormick.
Speaker 1: We love the sincere McCormick, But the Sincere McCormick sample size was really small. It was basically two games. Then unfortunately he got hurt. We didn't see him for the rest of the year. Uh yeah, granted it's a little bit different. He was a rookie, but he was also a rookie that wouldn't have seen the field, were it not for Zamir White being awful and getting injured in an Alexander Madison sort of being out Xander Madison. You know, so I hope, I hope we did take that lesson away that Hey, look, let's not get too hyped on Sincere McCormick. The Raiders another situation though, where there's a complete overhaul with Antonio Pierce being let go, Tom Telesco being let go. I did sort of weirdly appreciate that the Raiders did those two things on on separate days, so that, you know, we got the.
Speaker 4: Time to mourn them both individually.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh, Antonio Pierce got let go, like I have a day, and then like two days later, like, oh Tom Telesco let go, Like okay, we can mourn him for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: I was shocked they.
Speaker 3: Fired to LESCo like he he hit, he hit one draft and he hit he got, you guys, the best tight end in the league.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even if it.
Speaker 1: Was on accident, Like even if he didn't plan for it to happen, right, I mean everything said they wanted Michael Pennix and the focus with surprize, and then they were like all right, Well, I guess we'll.
Speaker 4: Just take brock Bauers and it worked out.
Speaker 1: So, Yeah, some of the free agents coming up for the Raiders, Alexander Madison, I mean, Abdullah Tarras Marshall junior, Desmond Ritter.
Speaker 4: The Marshall was the guys who knows who knows.
Speaker 1: Marshall was interesting because he started to get on the field late in the season, and I think everybody had the same reaction, like he caught a pass and a game late and hear everybody's like Sarah Marshall juniors with the Raiders, Like I think we all sort of collectively did that, Like, oh, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: We'll see if he's with the Raiders next year.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that gets us to time to see who will deliver. Presented by Uber Eats, Let's get back to brock Bowers because he is kind of the one thing that's really fun to talk.
Speaker 4: About with the Raiders right now.
Speaker 1: So I will ask each of you, both of you you Eat individually to plant the flag here in mid January.
Speaker 4: Will brock Bauers not can he?
Speaker 1: But will brock Bauers repeat as the tight end one throwing in for context the last player to go back to back as the tight end one overall, probably not a big surprise. It was Travis Kelcey in twenty nineteen, did it again in twenty twenty, Lakwan, I will start with you, will Brock Bauers if you had to say it right now in mid January?
Speaker 4: Will he be the tight end one?
Speaker 5: Yes, only because I do not expect good things from this offense and he remains to hyper focus and have a high target share. Like just being honest, there's not much of a talent threat around him versus with Trey McBride having Marmon Harrison junior.
Speaker 3: Hopefully Greg Dorsch is there as well next.
Speaker 5: Season, but I just feel like there's more talent around, you know, Trey McBride. But Brock Bowers, Yeah, I think he does the repeat back to back Florida.
Speaker 4: Does he go back to back?
Speaker 3: I think he should be the favorite to do so. I think it's probably a three man race between him, McBride, and Kittle. But I'll take the field just because you're giving me thirty one other options versus one, So that's really only thinking. But I do think Bowers should be viewed like again, it should be him and McBride as the top two tight ends going off the board, and I'm a sucker for Trey McBride, but I'll be honest, I probably won't have either one of them on my teams because I don't love if he's going a second round pick on a tight end either. I think what I'm gonna do with tight end this year is what I always It's January, We'll see I always get sucked into the middle tier like the donkin Caid's, the Kyle Pitts's. I think this year, I'm just gonna punk the position, like I'm not gonna suspend a second round pick on these two guys. So I'll just wait till the double digit rounds and hope I could find something off waivers or something. As the year JO get yourself from John Smith. This year you did better than drafting a tight end outside of the top ten.
Speaker 1: Sehan, Who's not gonna last tho the double digit rounds? Though, it's gonna be the thing. I'm saying that right One. I'm planting my flag on two things right now. One, if you're gonna ask me right now, I say Trey McBride finishes the year as the tight end one, like he's gonna score more tons, he's gonna score more touchdowns next year. They're gonna work that out to make that happen. And if you were looking for a later round tight end to be your guy, Tyler Warren from Penn State, that's the guy that I am planting my flag on. He's going to be the next Like we're gonna go from Laporta to Bowers to Warren. I'm not sitting here telling you that Tyler Warren is going to be the tight end one. But if you're looking for a late round tight end, I think he's going to be the guy that.
Speaker 4: A lot of folks are going to be excited about.
Speaker 3: Black Licent, Ohio State gets you jail time.
Speaker 1: That's right, thank you, Thank goodness. I'm nowhere near Columbus right now. That's all I'm saying. I'm nowhere near Columbus anyway.
Speaker 4: That was Who Will Deliver.
Speaker 1: Presented by Uber Eats, where you can get the best deals on game day food all season long, the official on demand delivery partner of the NFL.
Speaker 4: Order. Now, all right, we're just getting started.
Speaker 1: We got a couple more teams to dive into the Jets because I think the Carolina Panthers will dive into that. Plus our divisional round preview that's coming up next on the NFL Fantasy Football Pod. Continuing our exit interviews, we are doing draft picks five through eights and coming in at number seven the New York Jets.
Speaker 4: It went five and twelve.
Speaker 1: When I was going through the what went right, what went wrongs, it just so for one went right, I went Breeze Hall, I went Garrett Wilson, Breese Hall over thirteen hundred and fifty scrimmageyards, eight total touchdowns, the RB sixteen, Garrett Wilson over one hundred catches, over eleven hundred yards, seven touchdowns, the wide receiver ten. But Florida, it just it didn't feel like they went right right because of where we drafted them and what the expectations were. Like I think in a vacuum, if you look at it, you're like, yeah, those are pretty good seasons. But it just felt like because our expectations were so high for both of those players. I mean, Brice Hall we were talking about is a top five, maybe even top three draft pick, depending on your situation. I don't know, just it felt disappointing. Even if I guess statistically it wasn't is that is that wrong?
Speaker 3: No? No, I think that you hit the nail on the head there. I think if you asked a football fan, like, did these guys have a good season, they would say yes. If you asked a Jets fan, and I have a chat with a lot of Jet fan friends, uh, they would say no. Like they were very disappointed in breze Hall. The inconsistency and it wasn't even bres Hall, it was the way he was used. But if you ask fantasy players, this was a huge disappointment for bris Hall because there was wars waged on Fantasy Twitter last summer who should be the RB two, Bijon or bris Hall and then he finishes as the RB sixteen and he had I believe I don't want to get the stat wrong, but I believe it was he had more games with single digit carries than he did with twenty or something along those lines, Like they just weren't using him well, they weren't using him near the goal line. And then for Garrett Wilson, like he was, he was putting up number He started off slow, then he put up numbers in the middle of the year, and then Devonsea Adams took over and it was extremely hit or missed, so like I didn't have a ton of either of them on my fantasy teams. But the bit that I did, I was like, they're too good nut to sit, Like you gotta start them every week. There's gonna be some weeks where you're happy, and more often than not, though, there's gonna be a lot of weeks where you're like I expected better. So yeah, I I'm really curious, whethy, Like, where do you guys think Hall and Wilson get drafted next year?
Speaker 1: So I was gonna I'm gonna ask, so Lakwano, you have you have unequivalently said you are not taking a running back in the first round, that you're you're going to go wide receiver. Do you don't care where you're drafting, but look, somebody is going to take running backs in the first round. Do you envision Brice Hall being one of those guys that shows up in the first twelve picks?
Speaker 5: No, And my mock, I got him at two oh three, two a four, where I think he'll live and brief and this is very very early of where I got him because obviously he can move up based on different situations. But you literally, Marcus explained, like the numbers are good, but it was a disappointing.
Speaker 3: Show, and how are they not the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 5: Like the numbers in eight gree The show's discussing it's terrible, but it's entertaining. You cannot stop watching the circus. It's literally the Jets. Like I just feel as though, like if you're going to draft a Jets player, just whatever your draft is, just put in your mind and expectations that there's going to be ups and downs if Aaron Rodgers is still in that building come next season, like they need to blow the entire thing up, Like they need to start fresh at the quarterback position. Get Davonte Adams back to the Packers, since he's talking about in the interviews he wants to go back to Green Bay because they need a league guy. How'd you leave the first place they needed you then now they're trying to go back. But anyway, looking at the whole scope of it, like I just feel disgusting taking Garrett Wilson or Bris Hall in those first two rounds, just based on just the entire circus of this past season.
Speaker 3: What running backs do you have ahead of him and what right behind him?
Speaker 5: So I sayqua Bijon, Jamier Gibbs, Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry.
Speaker 3: That is literally the argument.
Speaker 5: You can't and there's a debate that you take Kyram Williams over Breese Hall and it's like he ends up almost RB seven.
Speaker 3: The only one I think you could debate is Christian McCaffrey, and that just depends on if you want to take that risk or not.
Speaker 1: That's just the injury risk. Yeah, no, it's it really is the injury risk there. I if this is the consensus right, which means you have Breecee Hall falling to the second round, I can envision myself getting suckered back.
Speaker 4: Into Breese Hall again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's incredibly talented. I didn't really understand the usage for the jets of them just kind of sprinkling in other guys in the backfield.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't really understand.
Speaker 1: You know, when we started seeing Braylan Braylan Adward, I almost call him Braylan Edwards, Breylan Allen, you know Isaiah Davis, Like, I didn't really understand that. I'm but if you know, we had a new head coach in here and maybe a new play caller that's just like, hey, we're gonna run the ball. We're gonna establish I don't even know established, but we're gonna use Breeze Hall. Like I can see myself getting sucked back into it. But if the going rate is the second round, I take that. No, I'll take that.
Speaker 3: What about these so a couple of names that LQ did not say that, I'm just like, I'm gonna throw, well, five, it's five, But I think you can make a case for all five of these names over him. Devon hn Josh Jacobs, James Cook, Jonathan Taylor, Bucky Irving, Joe Mixon there Joe Mixon in there too.
Speaker 4: A yeah, So are we are?
Speaker 1: We? Are we right now putting Breeze Hall outside the top twelve running backs? Is he or is he right at He's sounds like he's right at twelve right now?
Speaker 3: Huh he's in that second year. That's still weird, Like I'm taking JT over him.
Speaker 1: I think I think there's a there's an honest debate to be had about all of this. But also because I think I'm still again, I'm still kind of a sucker for the talent. I just have this right now. Again, this being mid January and there's still a long way to go, but this feeling that Breeze Hawking ended up being one of those you know, late second round, early third round picks that we get to, like late October, you're like, man, we fed up letting him fall that fuck Like, like it just feels like it could be that way, but you know, on the flip side, it's the Jets, so it could just be like, yeah, man, this was a mistake, like what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what just blew my mind looking at it right now. Of the top twenty one running backs in Fantasy Points, the only two to not run for nine hundred yards are Breeze Hall and David Montgomery, who got hurt.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Montgomery had the like I got hurt and I'm sharing with another top tier back in Jamiir Gibbs. That sort of made sense the Breeze Hall went. I think this year is going to be a head scratcher for a really, really long time. You mentioned Jarrett Wilson too, I mean, how much of Garrett Wilson is going to be dependent on.
Speaker 4: Waves?
Speaker 1: It everything? Play call her quarterback? Like all of that For Garrett Wilson, Yes.
Speaker 6: He also is unhappy he'd be somewhere if he goes somewhere with a good quarterback.
Speaker 3: I'm immediately right back in.
Speaker 1: Will the Jets really prioritize Aaron Rodgers over Garrett Wilson?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean it's it's very dumb. But if any if I told you eighteen wants to do it, the Jets are probably the first one that come to mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I mean you're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: They'll be back to square one at quarterback. Who are they going to bring in? Who are they going to They should just play Tyrod Taylor. I think, like, this is I this is It sounds dumb, but I've said this to my Jet fan friends a lot. They should sign Rex Ryan higher Rex Ryan, I've leave and give him two years and just be like, look, if it doesn't work out, you're gone and we're blowing everything up. But like, let's see if we can make the most out of this. Unless they really like Glenn and he wants that job, but it seems like that not that job is not that in demand right now, and Rex is publicly checked. I'm like, yo, be fun at least like if you're gonna be bad, be entertaining, Lake Jersey shure, Yes, there you go.
Speaker 1: I just I can't. I can't envision any right thinking person really gonna side with a temperamental declining in skills forty something year old quarterback over an incredibly talented soon to be twenty five year old wide receiver. But I also never imagine that a NFL franchise would make personnel decisions based on Madden Rating.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 3: There are the ones. Oh so you think they like if Breicehall struggles as Madden rating goes down, and like they get you for that, and.
Speaker 1: Then there's like and then the Jets were like, maybe we should have rid of this guy? Is Madden rating stinks? Like what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Just man snake eating its own tail?
Speaker 1: Uh? Ending free agents? Tyler Conklin. My question for what I had on the rundown just peek behind the curtain for y'all. I was really struggling to come up with something to talk about with the Jets, and my question was just like, why are the Jets?
Speaker 4: And I think we sort of dissected why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew that wasn't the typo by the way.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't a type of like I just really didn't know what specifically to ask.
Speaker 4: But it seems like we've sort of broken this link down.
Speaker 5: I text you, I was like, I'm struggling to figure out how to answer this question.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I'm struggling to come up with a questions.
Speaker 4: That's what it is, all right.
Speaker 1: The number eight pick belongs to the Carolina Panthers. They were five and twelve h easily. What went right was Chewba Hubbard in a year where we were all unanimous that like, hey, man, go draft Jonathan Brooks. You might have to wait a few weeks. Yeah, but Jonathan Brooks is going to be the guy. I mean, Chewba Hubbard is just he's just a seat filler. And you know it won't It won't be too long before Brooks is in there and Chuba Hubbard basically just stiff armed Jonathan Brooks for most of the season. Thirteen hundred and sixty six scrimmage yards, eleven total touchdowns, running back fourteen. Unfortunately suffered an injury late in the season, didn't get to finish out the year, but a phenomenal season for a guy that we were drafting sort of as like a hey man like, draft him. Now you have to use it for a few weeks and eventually he'll go to the bench and you can, I don't know, trade him, do whatever. And it turned out that he was a worthwhile starter all year long. The other thing that went right was late season Bryce Young, But what went wrong was the early season Bryce Young. So I mean, Lakwan, I'll ask you, I mean, with Bryce Song, where are.
Speaker 4: We what are we thinking about him?
Speaker 1: Because even at his best, like he was kind of a barely usable fantasy starter. This feels like one of those things where it was encouraging, but we're still not at hashtag good yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're not as good yet, but it's definitely one of those things, like a hot take. I could say right now in January that Bryce Shong will be a top twelve quarterback and I say that because we saw him play with confidence, him having fun out there. He has weapons all around him. And I think now that you know they go in the draft, they have draft pick, they have stock, they can keep adding to this arsenal. They can keep adding weapons around him. And John out to Chuba Hubbard having the season he's had. I mean, honestly, they established a run a lot and that's what open up a lot for Bryce Young, having a capable running back, having a capable offense that have some functionality for him to go out there and ball out. But overall, I like a lot of the Carolina Panthers pieces in fantasy if they fall to me in drafts. I'd like Sanders at the tight end position. He's young, he's up and coming. I'd like obviously Chuba Hubbard, and you have Xavier Lee.
Speaker 3: Get that.
Speaker 5: You know he's coming along as well. So this entire Panthers offense, you're just looking at it like hmm, I can't wait to get these guys as flex options or even like wide receiver two options.
Speaker 1: That was gonna my next question Florida about the wide receivers, right, because let's let's go way back to about this time last year, maybe a little later, but Deoncey Johnson was supposed to be the savior of this offense, right he has he's run through three teams or three teams have just passed him around at this point, and he's him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, we saw flashes from Leguette, we saw a little bit from Jalen Cocher adam feeling and it took some pet pills or something late in it. That's metaphor I suggesting that he was out here doing you know, drugs, but like had some metaphorical pet pills late in the season.
Speaker 4: They gotta get going.
Speaker 1: But like, is there anybody that you're really like super excited about beyond say a late round flyer at this point.
Speaker 3: No, But I don't believe their wide receiver one is on their roster right now, or at least I don't believe that they they wanted to be Like, I wouldn't be surprised if they in the draft or or signed someone or did something like that. The other thing is I am a Bryce Young supporter. Look, any quarterback was under six foot, I'm going to go to back but Kings Unite, Yeah, exactly. And I was on Twitter a lot this year being like Bryce Young is looking the part in all of that. And there's a difference though between playing well and being good for fantasy, and Bryce Young wasn't great for fantasy as good as he was playing in real life. Like you look at his game logs from week twelve on, he topped two hundred and fifty passing yards three times, and twice it was two sixty three and two fifty one. Never hit three hundred routinely, was around two hundred or less. So like there's room for growth, there's room for optimism. I think you feel very good right now if you are a Panthers fan. I think the verdict on Bryce Young was way premature, but not enough for me to really be bullish and pull someone up the draft board from his pass kid from what his past catcher group currently is. Although I say that and I was the one that was pounding the table last year for Deon s Johnson and Jonathan Brooks, but really Deon say Johnson a whole lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I don't think you were alone. I think a lot of us were.
Speaker 1: I mean, and I say this as somebody who you know, went to you know who wrote the sleeper column and kept going back to the Bryce Young well over and over again late in the season, like after he came back from getting benched, he was playing better, but it wasn't always translating fantasy wise, right, So it's like you looked at the matches, Hey, maybe it's a good matchup, and it's you know, it's fourteen points, it's fifteen points, it's twelve points. Like it was something that looked better on the field. We talked on you know, on Tuesday, we talked about Drake Mang and sort of said it was a kind of you had to be there sort of moment, and I sort of feel that way with Bryce Young, where you know, when you watched him it looked better, although that also might have had something to do with how bad it looked at the start of the season. It just wasn't a thing that really really translated for fantasy.
Speaker 3: What's wild that we're not talking about c J. Stroud and how they kind of think most like I mean CJ at QB eighteen, Bryce Young at twenty, Like I'm just sitting here just saying, like he helped a couple of people out though you're.
Speaker 1: Right, no, I mean they sort of they sort of emerged, They kind of came back together again this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they came back together conversation, but in a negative light. But I don't know, man, I'm taking the flyer on Bryce Young, Like I just feel confident that you know, when you do draft him, he's obviously your QB two or if you're in super flexily, he's your QB three. There's just some upside there. There's something that we're not really seeing. Yeah, maybe you know, maybe it's worth diving back.
Speaker 3: Yet it was running more, which is great for him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rushing touchdown numbers late in the season really helped a lot. I that's the feeling. A thing though that I don't know is sustainable. Like, I don't know if I'm the I want him running a whole lot, you know. So it worked out. I just don't know if that's a thing that comes back again next year for sure.
Speaker 4: Lay what are we doing about Jonathan Brooks?
Speaker 3: Though I'm not drafting him? And I say this as someone who wrote an article in the summer ten Biggest League Winners and had him as number one. I thought he was gonna be on the Todd Gurley path, like, miss the first few games of the year and then maybe a game or two to get acclimated and then just run wild. And it did not one. Look at how they slow play, and look now in retrospect, it looks like they did the right thing, but look at how they slow played this last season. We didn't see him return until double digit weeks and then he tore his ACL later this year than he had the prior year. Now it's two. I don't want to wait until week twelve. Like when I tell you that Jonathan Brooks was on almost every one of my rosters this year, it was so annoy being like I have this spot my IR team's okay, but leaves that didn't have an IR, I'm like, I'm wasting a spot here. And like when the buys hit an injuries start hitting, You're like, I don't want to drop this guy because I've already waited seven weeks, but like it's the sucking cost fallacy or whatever it is and stuff like that. And uh, he's more someone that I could see getting drafted and then throw him back on waivers or something like that. And if he does, that's how I'll have him on my teams. But I'm not taking a unless I'm in a keeper league with an IR spot, I'm not gonna stash him on my bench all year.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the thing, Like one you have this situation where suba got paid, then you have books getting hurt, so I just, yeah, it feels tough, which is a tough start to the season for Brooks or the career, I should say for Brooks.
Speaker 4: It just makes it tough to really count on him for Fantasy.
Speaker 3: Two ACL tears in thirteen months, that is insane.
Speaker 1: That's brutal, just brutal, absolutely brutal. Certainly, you know, best wishes in his recovery and we'd love to see him get on the field and get some actual time there. So we'll see when that is going to happen. We know there's going to be games on the field this week, the Divisional Round hits coming up on Saturday and Sunday. We'll take a break, come back in preview the four games that you expect to see this week.
Speaker 4: That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Show.
Speaker 1: We are through the Wildcard round. We are onto the Divisional Round. Four games on DAP this week, just a quick preview as we get ready to wrap up the show. We'll start with the Texans and the Chiefs and Kawani last, because look, the Texans defense has been really the thing kind of keeping this team afloat for much of the year because CJ. Stroud, We've talked about plenty of times, has been very inconsistent. The offense lost two big pieces with Stefan Diggs and Tank Dell, Joe Mixon kind of faded down the stretch. So can they Texans defense do enough to disrupt the Chiefs offense because it feels like that's really the only way they can win.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean the Texans defense, they're disciplined, They're one of the best defenses in the league. They had an amazing regular season in the stats, I mean, top of the table when it comes to delivering pressure, getting sacks and creating turnovers and taking the ball away. But they're going against the God of Mischief Loki. They're going against pat To Mahomes. So we're calling him now, Yeah, he's Loki, man. He is creative, he adapts to every situation. He's unpredictable. He's one of those quarterbacks you just can't count out. And that sounds exactly like Loki, who finds his way clean out of any situation. He adapts to the God of mischief. Man, this is Loki they're going up against. And are you really going to bet against Patrick Mahomes as good as his text defenses, Like, I think they will be disruptive, but it's Patrick Mahomes at the end.
Speaker 3: Of the day.
Speaker 1: So the difference is like Loki started off as kind of a bad guy with him, by.
Speaker 4: The end it kind of come around.
Speaker 1: It was sort of working like with the Avengers, I would say, Mahomes has kind of gone the other way, where like at the beginning.
Speaker 4: It was like, yeah, this is kind of fine, Will and now.
Speaker 1: It's just like, no, man, I've had enough done like that. That's the that's the only that's the only difference I would have with that one there. But yeah, I get the Census could be a lower scoring game. I mean, I could be wrong, because the Chiefs offense is starting to come online. They just kept getting guys back and adding pieces and getting healthier and you know, starting to figure some things out. We know their defense is very good against a questionable Texans offense. I really think the Texans have to force some turnovers and and try to set up short fields as much as possible to stay in this game.
Speaker 4: Otherwise it you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's no way I think the Texans can score with the Chiefs and try to go back and forth that way and be successful.
Speaker 3: How how do you guys feel about because we've seen we saw this game the week before Christmas, So like, how do you feel about when it's two non divisional opponents matching up for a second time, because we had it twice last weekend and the Commanders beat the Bucks, which happened flip, but then the Rams beat the Vikings again, so like we it was split results there.
Speaker 1: I think when the teams are a little bit closer together, Like I just think there's a big gap between the Texans and the Chiefs, right like I think I think with Bucks and Commanders, you could make a case that they were a little more evenly matched. I think the Rams, after that bad start, the one and four start, like, the Rams were one of the best teams in the league the rest of the season, So I think you could make the case that you know that it was possible that that could happen.
Speaker 4: I didn't think they would.
Speaker 1: I think they would blow them out, blow out the Vikings the way they did it, But I could believe that they would win.
Speaker 4: I just don't think.
Speaker 1: I think the gap between the tie the Texans and the Chiefs is.
Speaker 4: Too big for that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of the Commanders, Florio Commanders at Lions, like the commander defense is good, not necessarily great the Lions defense even with all the injuries.
Speaker 4: I mean, shout out.
Speaker 1: To Aaron Glenn for keeping this group together and having them continue to be productive. This feels like one I said that I don't think the Texans can outscore the Chiefs. Does Jaden Daniels have to outscore the Lions? Does he have to try to match Jared goffin the Lions for the Commanders to win this thing?
Speaker 3: Yes, if they're going to win unique and this is out before the Lions played the Vikings. One thing I kept saying on Twitter was like, yeah, everyone could point out how bad the Lions defense is and how many players they're missing and all of this stuff, you still have to outrun them in a track race. And one team was able to do that, the Buffalo Bills. But besides that, every team has come up short. And this is gonna be a wacky game where I keep joking, I don't think we're gonna see any field goals. I don't thin we're gonna see any punts. I think it's just gonna be touchdowns or turnovers and that's it. But yeah, Jaden's gonna have to go out there and put up thirty something points and I as much as I love Jayden Daniels, I would be shocked if the Commanders pulled this one off because the Commanders did have a lot of bounces go their way in season and even this past week against the Bucks. Like you could argue that they cost themselves a lot of points by being overly aggressive, and you could also argue that if Baker doesn't fumble the ball late, they don't win this game. So if the margin of error is that close against the Bucks, good luck going into Detroit, which I think is going to be of all the venues this weekend, I think Detroit is going to have the biggest impact.
Speaker 4: It's going to be insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah at Ford Field, I mean, the Lions are the one seed they had to buy. The fan base has been hungry for ever, I mean literally ever. This is their moment. Like it's going to be a really, really tough place to play. I would say in that regard, if I'm the Commanders, I just say to hell with it, right because everything is stacked together. I know, I know, you know, there's the shirts stuff out there that say Detroit versus everybody, But like the Lions would kind of become America's team right now, the commanders, like, you're going in there, nobody expects you to win. You know you were, you were excited to get your first win against Tampa. I go in there, I just say, to hell with it, Like nobody expects anything from us. Let's just play loose, let's get crazy, let's get nuts, and let's see if maybe we can shock the world a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think that's sort of we'll see.
Speaker 1: Lakwan Rams at Eagles. Your guys are on the road, like actually on the road, like an actual road game as a post, like the neutral site game they played last week. I mean, I think we know a lot about the offenses, but as I was looking at this game, it really feels like it's the offensive lines versus the defensive lines, and the Rams have been so successful because they've been able to get pressure on quarterbacks, whether it's Verse Fisk, all those guys up front. Literally, the Eagles are going to try to get after Matthew Stafford. Who wins that battle between you know, the old lines and the d lines there.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: I mean, when I saw this question, I'm like, I really want to be unbiased. I want to be honest and honestly, I just think it's going to be the Rams are going to win on both sides of the trenches. I feel like na Kobe Dean being out that's a huge, huge factor for us. That's a good win for us because look, Matthew Stafford was sacked five times. That was tied of seasonne you know the Cardinals were the other team to do it. But you're looking at Nacobe Dean the amount of disruption that he causing that game. Him not being on the field is a plus for us, and I think we can get the bonehead mistakes out with the penalties out of the way. Bo Limmer, you know he's stepping up being at the young guy he is in the center, holding down in the trenches and protect Matthew Stafford now on the defensive side of the trenches. I don't care about pressure this game. Do not have Jared Vers going off the edge, going at the Jalen Hurts. I want you to cover the edge, just stuffed the middle. You got Braden Fist there, you got Kobe Turner there that will just genuinely get after Jail and hurt and create their own natural pressure. We need to sustain Saquon Barkley like, for the next twenty four hours, I need Sean McVay to lock itself in the room and watch the Eagles film. But then for the next seventy two hours, you watch Saquon Barkley up to the whistle to stop him, because that needs to be the game plan, the only game plan for us to come out as winners in the trenches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all fair.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think the defense that does a better job of disrupting the quarterback is going to be the team that wins. I mean, it sounds simple, but I think that's really going to be the case. If if the Rams can get to Jalen Hurts, who was not great last week, if they can get to him, I think I think they have a chance to win. If you know, the Eagles can find a way to make life rough on Matthew Stafford, and I think they win. I mean, I just I think it's that simple because I think I think the quarterbacks are fairly even. I think the you know, the skill position guys. I don't think there's one giant advantage to one side or another. There's really gonna be about the guys up front that make the difference in this game, yeah, last one and the Marquee game. At least on paper of the weekend Ravens at Bills, it appears that Florida will be watching from his couch in the western part of Los Angeles. Obviously, I know the story is the quarterbacks, right, it's Lamar Jackson versus Josh Allen. But taking those guys aside, who or what do you think is the biggest X factor in this game?
Speaker 3: I think there's two. One is more of a football thing and one is not. I think the football thing is how the Bills handle the Ravens running backs. Because Derek Henry went for two hundred yards and two touchdowns should have been three, he literally fumbled the third one that got recovered in the end zone. And then when they played in Week four. But what I think it's overlooked in that game is Justice Hill had six catches for seventy eight yards and a touchdown. And the Bills have struck against pass catching running backs all years. So if you get Dereck Henry running downhill and then Justice Hill beating you out of the backfield as a pass catcher, it's going to be a very, very long day for the Bills. If you can bottle those guys up, I think things will go the Bills way because it then takes me to my not so much X as a o's factor, which is the mental side of it.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 3: This is going to be the coldest game that Derrick Henry and Lamar Jackson have ever played in, and it's not all that close. It's also Lamar Jackson has never in his career thrown a passing touchdown on the road in the playoffs. Granted he's only played two road playoff games. But I think if whoever comes out and takes charge first is going to win this game. Because if you're the Bills and you score first, now the Ravens, especially if you could take like a two score lead, let's say by some chance you have like they can't just run downhill with Dereck Henry and they have to try to come back on the in those cold elements potentially without Ze Flowers. Meanwhile, if you are the Ravens and you jump out to an early lead, now you just you grind the clock with Derek Henry, that opens up everything for Lamar's legs and everything, and they'll just bully the Bills. They will they have more, they're bigger on offense and the Bills are on defense, and we've seen them do it all year long. If they get out to a lead, they play bullyball, and they are the best in the NFL at playing bullyball. So the way to prevent them from doing that is by scoring early. So I think the running backs are the big football thing, but even more so, I think how the teams handle the weather and who scores, who takes charge first, I think is gonna have a huge impact on this game.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you saying if they can figure out how to bottle up Dereck Henry and Justice Hill, which.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not wrong. That is way easier said than done. I mean, there are how many teams out there who who have been trying to do that and have unsuccessful at it.
Speaker 4: And I looked at it last Yeah. Uh, I mean I look.
Speaker 1: At last week though with the Steelers, and after that game, you know, a reporter asked Lamar Jackson about how the Steelers were trying to stop you know, the the option there with the with Derek Henry and Lamar and he said, were you surprised that they gave you so much running room, and Lamar was like, no, He's like, honestly, he's I thought they defended it. Well, you know they had they had JJ Watt or a TJ Watt rather, you know, trying to crash down and they had, you know, different schemes. He's like, we just outplayed them. You know, it wasn't. It wasn't because you know, they had a bad idea or a bad plan.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And that is sort of where Lamar Jackson is kind of that X factor where you can do everything right and then Lamar just goes Lamar on you and there's nothing you can really do about it, you know. I think I saw a quote, I think Sean McDermot saw the quote from earlier this week that was just like, Lamar is a one of one, you know, he said, we'll try our best to kind of approximate that in practice, but you can't really do that because there's just nobody out there like Lamar Jackson. But similarly, and a lot of Josh Allen's out there either too.
Speaker 3: Which team do you think could survive their quarterback not playing their best? Because I think it's an easy answer.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's the Ravens that can more.
Speaker 3: Survive, which is why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if if Josh Allen doesn't played well, I think the Bills are cooked.
Speaker 3: If you're telling me that the Ravens have could beat the Bills on the road without Lamar playing well and they are favorites, I'm like, how is MVP of really an argument? But I know it, But come on, man, Like, I think that narrative alone defeats everything. Like if you're telling me one guy could play bad and still win and the other has no chance, one guy means more to this team.
Speaker 4: I you know what, it is a strong argument.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 4: It is a strong argument, A strong argument.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I should be a lot of fun this weekend, looking forward to it. We'll be back next week to kind of recap some of that and continue along with the exit interviews as well. We will get through picks nine through twelve coming up next Tuesday, So that should be a lot of fun as well. So in the meantime though, that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. Stay happy, save and healthy.
Speaker 4: Do good and live well.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the weekend, enjoy the football, everybody, and we will talk to you again next week.